Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Round 5  (Read 4725 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Round 5
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle: Pool 2 was going to beat Pool 1 regardless, to me. Divine Identity's nice enough but there are certainly better DDS tracks. Magus Battle is probably my favourite thing Mitsuda has done.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis: Very easy. Idola is awesome and a whole different tier.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version): Also very easy! Potential champ vs. my least favourite song remaining.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme: Best of the Big Four.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA: Another awesome RSMS track!
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: Worst track I'm voting for. This is kind of a fail-off by round of 16 standards, but still not bad.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova: Match with the highest probability of me changing my mind on.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World: Pretty.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:36:50 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova- Someday the Dream Will End always struck me as failing at what it tried to do.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World
...into the nightfall.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 09:46:23 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - Very clear cut to me, never have seen the appeal in Divine Identity.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - Harder match.  I'll go with the likely upset, Idola is unusual and hard to pin down and I like it because of that.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Even harder match.  Both are awesome.  In the end, PE sticks in my head more, while I can't recall what Genesis sounds like without actually listening to it.  That's enough for a vote, I guess.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Running out of things to say about these songs.  Song of Mana is good throughout, RSMSACG4GKB spends a lot of time doing nothing and has some of that bland WA vibe to it.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - Not remotely close, Stigmata is terrible. 
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Oh, hey, it's the finals.  And... mrf.  Going back and forth and may change this vote later.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - This is about where my "Darkness Nova isn't THAT good" thoughts really kick in.  No, actually that was last round.  Anyway, Dream, like a lot of FFX music, has displayed a strange tendency to grow on me.  Probably the best version of the game's main theme, and now that I think about it, a lot of why I like it has to do with how well it recaptures the same vibe I get from the FF4-6 main themes.  Funny how I never realized that similarity before.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Mm.  Like Elfboy said, pretty.  Shameless genre preference vote.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 09:54:29 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - I don't remember a Magus in CT. Oh well~
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - Yay Tonfamusik~
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - See above~
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Shameless genre preference is go. And it's better anyway.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach-
v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - Is awesomer.
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - DDR > Ciato
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - Whatever.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - CC music that isn't PoF. Also you all fail, etc.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 03:42:09 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 10:07:32 PM »
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version)
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 10:09:41 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - Not close.  Magus is great, but I do love mes my Identity.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - Gotta go with the better memories, I suppose.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Not close.  Nothing much to say about PE.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Pretty vocals.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - ...eeewww to Serah beating Saruin.  
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Your soul is on the line, vote for this!  Really love BFES - it fits amazingly well and just sounds great out of context as well.  Much better than Time's Scar.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - Better song easily.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - At least the better RSMS song will win here.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 11:10:55 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - How the fuck did an SNES song make it this far. Scarier yet, how the fuck is said SNES song still getting votes?
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - Not pure boring shit.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Doesn't attempt failure guitar riffs. Protip: only do guitar riffs if you're good at them.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Awesome match.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - Oh god. This match is horribly one sided. Biggest blowout of the pool.
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - I take it back, this match is even more lopsided.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - Good match. Darkness Nova is better at what it tries to do. Has more energy to boot.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - CC song is nice...but doesn't do anything or go anywhere.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 12:22:24 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle: Nice run, Magus, but you should have fallen a few rounds ago.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis: Idola is amazing.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version): Incredible match. I kneejerked GENESIS here. Then I relistened to Main Theme, and I wrote commentary explaining a Main theme vote here already. Then I relistened to GENESIS and...I can't help but flip the vote again. Finals worthy. Then...well, I got stuck listening to GENESIS. Main Theme is immensely emotional and pretty, but in the end, there is one true path.

FALCOM PAUNCH!

Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme: Mm. Song of Mana is losing its effect slightly but is still plenty awesome enough to win here.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA: Mm yeah, it was a very good run STIGMATA.
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: Both these tracks have their second half (of the loop, for BfES) as their selling point. The second half of Time's Scar is close to unbeatable.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova: Easy, The Darkness Nova is the scrub of the remaining tracks.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World: Both are atmosphere tracks with little development. And in atmosphere Death is close to unbeatable.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 12:24:33 AM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 01:22:34 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version)
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 01:26:38 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle- Champ powered vs good. Too bad.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- If the final isn't Brahman vs BoES's you all fail.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World-- Tenative.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 02:09:47 AM »
Ugh, it is now the point where I don't want to vote down any of them now....

The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis
GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING
Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme
Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach-
Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
Someday the Dream Will End
Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death-

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 02:51:03 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - Really sad about Rock'n Rocks losing. But so it goes. And Divine Identity is growing on me. Enough to beat out Magus? I...think so.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - I like Idola more every time I listen to it. Nice song.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Eugh. Voting either way here hurts. Oi.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Song of Mana is wonderful, overhyped RSMS music is overhyped.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - Stigmata is very good. Think I liked it more the first time I heard it, but it's still solid enough.
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Champ powered.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - Dream is the weakest song left for me. Darkness Nova handles it easily.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - EDIT: on a second relisten, I found that I can't really listen to Shore twice in a row, while I can Death. Enough for a votechange? I think so.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 03:11:39 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 03:30:29 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle- Yesss.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis- Very close.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version)- Eh, PE music does not impress, although it's not too bad.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme- Wonderful vs. Tallychu.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA- laugh
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- I think these are the two worst songs in the contest left, so uh basically I am voting for the one I think is less likely to win.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova- Both rule.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World- Yeppers.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 04:41:05 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - Rock'n Rocks should be here instead. *mumble grumble*

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - Mana Khemia has really grown on me.  Still, this is probably the closest match of the pool for me, and I won't be disappointed if Shirarch wins.
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Same here.  Both rule, so I won't be too terribly disappointed either way.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - Requisite match of meh.  Hopefully this will be the last one.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Wait, Dream of the Shore is still here?  Wha?

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - I don't even need to listen to this and yet I torment myself with godawful magus anyway. It is eminently possible that that's the only reason it's gotten so far considering it has no redeeming qualities.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - I'm voting for Idola again? Sigh.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - I am so going to find and nom some absurdly long track next time in annoyance at having had to listen to Main Theme so many times. At least Dancing Mad changes things up now and again. Meanwhile Genesis is still awesome.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Guardian Kings is good, but not THAT good.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - Don't really care much for Sherah, whereas Stigmata has a fair amount to recommend it.
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Souls is up and down, but overall somewhat more up than down. Scar is horribly forgettable and I am sick of relistening to it straight after I've just done so because I've already forgotten what it was like.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - Yeah I've kind of had enough of MMXlike music for one tournament.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - These are both nice-ish, nothing outstanding... let's go with Shore.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 12:15:04 PM »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 04:27:28 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - I was sure I was going to vote the other way, then I listened to this again. <_<
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - Not a fan of Idola.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Now imagine if the good PE music was in this contest. >_>
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Not my favorite of the remaining RS:MS tracks. 

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle- Mmm.  Yeah.  Neither one is quite top tier, but so few songs are.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis- IDOLA's groove is pretty cool.  Just... not quite enough to beat out Fate's nostalgia value.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- More consistent.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova- Mmm.  Yeah.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 05:22:48 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - Agree that neither song has a shot at the championship, though they're both solid enough.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - The Fate hype train continues.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Schirach is the best RSMS track here.  Guardian Kings is all right, though.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - Really close.  Both are awesome and would beat most of the above songs.
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - I don't like BES.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - Also very close, champ material on both sides.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Yeah.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 10:54:50 PM »
Should be Dancing Mad, but who cares, Rock'n Rocks is dead!  That said, Divine Identity is yet another generic guitar piece, while Magus is one of the better SNES tracks.

Really, this top half is just a cluster of one way slaughters that don't need thinking about.  This one probably being the closest.

Probably my favourite piece still in the competition against something I remember as vaguely meh.

Next week, this track dies.  But for now?  No contest.

I like the guitar riffs on CaAM, and while Stigmata is good, it relies a bit too much on the variation in the background chorus.  Though, first close match in this round.

Far less close.  While I do like the part of BfES that has the woman's voice in the background, the guitar does absolutely nothing for me.  Meanwhile, Time's Scar's intro always catches me up in nostalgia, and the followup is simply good.

Yeah...  this is the one where I like the one I'm voting for least.  Still a decent match, just not feeling the dream today.

Yeah, it's true that neither of these songs goes anywhere.  But Death really feels like it should as it has that epic buildup and it struts along importantly and then a couple of minutes pass, and you realise you're still waiting for it to get to where it's going, or at least give you an idea.  Dream of the Shore never has any of that pretension.  It's just happily floating along, doing its thing, and sounding nice while it does so.

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 05:01:43 AM »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 08:00:08 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Chrono Trigger - Magus Battle - Meh.
Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” v Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis - Man this is a good match.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - As is this.
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Is just better, though Four Guardian Kings Battle is good as well.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA - Might lose to one of the better RSMS tracks?  Not this one though.
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Both are awesome.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova - Meh.
Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Meh.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 01:17:26 AM »

Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 05:18:39 AM »
Brahman- xiiii v Magus- viii
IDOLA- xiiii v The Fate- viii
GENESIS- xiiii v Main Theme- viii
Four Kings- vi v Song of Mana- xvi

Schirach- xiiii v STIGMATA- viii
Souls- viiii v CC- xiiii
Dream- xii v Darkness- xi
Death- xi v Shore- xii

... I don't... quite believe this.  Chrono Cross pulls out both matches, while titan RSMS is down to one?!  Holy crap!!  Thanks for voting~
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.