Author Topic: Idiot of the Day  (Read 251725 times)

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
Re: Idiot of the Day
« Reply #1400 on: March 28, 2010, 06:51:35 PM »
I thought it was funny. Hah.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 28, 2010, 11:33:02 PM »
I think we should just be happy enough that the population has aged far enough that we can have someone represent the people at any level of government who is aware of what the fuck Anime even is.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 29, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
I think we should just be happy enough that the population has aged far enough that we can have someone represent the people at any level of government who is aware of what the fuck Anime even is.

Meh, all you need is a kid between the ages of 10 and 25.  Hell, Obama probably knows what Anime is.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 29, 2010, 07:15:09 PM »
Found the comment rather funny... but probably a joke that would best be made around close friends only.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 29, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »
That. Seriously, it could've come right out of #dl.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 29, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/29/high-flyer-rnc-chairman-steele-suggested-buying-private-jet-with-gop-funds/

Once on the ground, FEC filings suggest, Steele travels in style. A February RNC trip to California, for example, included a $9,099 stop at the Beverly Hills Hotel, $6,596 dropped at the nearby Four Seasons, and $1,620.71 spent [update: the amount is actually $1,946.25] at Voyeur West Hollywood, a bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex.

hahahahahahahahahaha
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 29, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/29/high-flyer-rnc-chairman-steele-suggested-buying-private-jet-with-gop-funds/

Once on the ground, FEC filings suggest, Steele travels in style. A February RNC trip to California, for example, included a $9,099 stop at the Beverly Hills Hotel, $6,596 dropped at the nearby Four Seasons, and $1,620.71 spent [update: the amount is actually $1,946.25] at Voyeur West Hollywood, a bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Paying that kind of money, they shouldn't be imitating anything.  You should get the real fucking deal!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1407 on: March 30, 2010, 02:21:27 AM »
And, really. Topless? Not even totally naked?

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 30, 2010, 02:46:14 AM »

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2010/03/rnc_outreach_to_glbt_community.php?ref=fpblg

Best headline in relation to this:

RNC Outreach to GLBT Community?

Because the topless dancers would make out with each other, get it?
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 30, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2010/03/rnc_outreach_to_glbt_community.php?ref=fpblg

Best headline in relation to this:

RNC Outreach to GLBT Community?

Because the topless dancers would make out with each other, get it?

Well this is much better.  Instead they're hiring staffers were are stupid/arrogant enough to think they can get away with spending 4 figures at this kind of club.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: March 30, 2010, 07:31:42 AM »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 30, 2010, 07:41:46 AM »
“All crimes against another person have some level of hate in them, and people can be assured that our laws that protect people against crimes such as murder are sufficient to protect everyone.”

I couldn't help but to crack up in laughter at this.  Hee.  The law protects everyone equally.  What world is that guy living in?  Ha. Ha. Ha. ... ha. ... ha.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 30, 2010, 12:16:52 PM »
Also "All crimes against another person have some level of hate in them" is the exact kind of hyperbole I make when I am being sarcastic.  Just because there is some hate in most (ie not all, there is a level of hate in absolutely every instance of armed robbery?  Bullshit.  People commit Manslaughter or criminal negligence because they HATE YOU SO MUCH) crimes does not make every violent crime a hate crime.

And isn't the point of hate crime legislation there to add another variable on the levels of crime here since hate crimes are motivated by far more than your normal run of the mill murder and therefore more likely to repeat offend and whatnot?

Just bah.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 30, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »
...I...what?  What does this even accomplish.

I mean, making it legal to fire gays--that at least makes it easier for businesses by keeping them from getting sued.  Sodomy laws--those at least could hypothetically reduce the transmission of AIDS and similar diseases.  Anti Gay marriage laws--those...well...don't actually help anyone, but Gay Marriage is seen by some as an attack on religion in the same way that Evolution is seen by some as an attack on religion.

This, though?  Who does this even benefit?

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1414 on: March 30, 2010, 10:05:38 PM »
People who want to commit some ethnic cleansings, duh.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 30, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »
“All crimes against another person have some level of hate in them, and people can be assured that our laws that protect people against crimes such as murder are sufficient to protect everyone.”

I couldn't help but to crack up in laughter at this.  Hee.  The law protects everyone equally.  What world is that guy living in?  Ha. Ha. Ha. ... ha. ... ha.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread."
 - Anatole France
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:20:57 PM by NotMiki »

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 01, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262250/Great-grandmother-tagged-selling-goldfish.html

'Let this conviction send out a message that we will not tolerate those who cause unnecessary suffering to animals. The council will always try to support pet and business owners so that they are able to care for their animals properly, but where they continually ignore the advice they are given, we will not hesitate to use our statutory powers.'

... excellent application of police resources, chaps.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:11:48 AM by Lady Door »
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 01, 2010, 03:31:39 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXHV_pscgkI  (video, language)

Whataburger is a chain hamburger restaurant in Texas and surrounding states.  Note the size differential between the combatants.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 01, 2010, 05:55:34 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262250/Great-grandmother-tagged-selling-goldfish.html

'Let this conviction send out a message that we will not tolerate those who cause unnecessary suffering to animals. The council will always try to support pet and business owners so that they are able to care for their animals properly, but where they continually ignore the advice they are given, we will not hesitate to use our statutory powers.'

It doesn't get said enough even though we have some Brits here, so:

Don't take the Daily Mail seriously!  They're like the retarded lovechild of the Weekly World News, The Hollywood Insider, and the Onion (if the Onion was written by a bunch of fucking monkeys).

Here is a helpful singalong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 01, 2010, 06:29:23 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXHV_pscgkI  (video, language)

Whataburger is a chain hamburger restaurant in Texas and surrounding states.  Note the size differential between the combatants.

The best part is in the background of the fight you hear a lady yell "order 44."

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 01, 2010, 05:29:28 PM »

Don't take the Daily Mail seriously!  They're like the retarded lovechild of the Weekly World News, The Hollywood Insider, and the Onion (if the Onion was written by a bunch of fucking monkeys).

Out of curiosity: is there a news source you take seriously? Because I assume they're all terrible in their own unique ways. The Onion is actually my primary source for news.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 01, 2010, 05:51:09 PM »
This song is pretty cool.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 01, 2010, 11:40:22 PM »

Out of curiosity: is there a news source you take seriously? Because I assume they're all terrible in their own unique ways. The Onion is actually my primary source for news.

BBC and Al Jazeera are both very good news outlets that manage to inform on meaningful events.  The Daily Mail is a sensationalist rag that's reporting is only tangently related to reality.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 02, 2010, 12:14:22 AM »
Yeah, just to comment there, the Daily Mail is pretty frequently referred to as the Daily Fail by... well, almost everyone. Including a lot of its readers. >.>

As far as reliable news goes? I tend to go with the BBC, yeah.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 02, 2010, 12:28:24 AM »
A while ago (when the Abu Ghraib prison stuff was going on) I compared websites five major news sources: CNN, Fox News, Al Jazeera, BBC, and CBC.

CNN = BBC = Al Jazeera -- all pretty much the same stuff and the same tone.

CBC desensationalized things a little--while the above three went into explicit details on torture positions, CBC kept the gory details to a minimum and focused on the political fallout and implications.

Fox News had the same stuff as the first three, and in addition either had more information from military sources, or else they were the only ones who felt it was relevant to list by name every single Staff Seargeant who was being reprimanded over the incident.

If you specifically want to avoid sensationalism, I'd say CBC is your best bet.  If you really want to understand a story, check multiple sources (and notably, check multiple sources that aren't just using the plain Associated Press feed--I know I've checked 10 smaller American news stations only to realize the story is word-for-word identical because they're just posting the Associated Press report).  If you don't want to check the story in four places...there's several good news sources that all tend to report the same stuff (CNN, Al Jazeera etc).