Author Topic: Season 44, Week 1 - Hix vs. Gremio Speedo Surprise in Light! *SHOT.*  (Read 9478 times)

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
Re: Season 44, Week 1 - Hix vs. Gremio Speedo Surprise in Light! *SHOT.*
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2008, 05:39:52 PM »
Cecilia can opt for a Holy Parasol, at the cost of a lot of magic power. In fact, Cecilia's healing and damage are halved without the Necronomicon. However, the Parasol's special ability may make up for it. The Holy Parasol is like a permanent Runic in that every spell (from what I can tell, it absorbs all spells that take MP to cast. Also, it does not absorb positive spells) is absorbed into her MP reserves (the amount is how much MP it took to cast the spell. If a spell takes 15 MP to cast, Cecilia absorbs 15 MP. However, the Holy Parasol can absorb spells that do not cost MP as well. In the last few fights, the boss uses Dark Ray and Inferno (level 3 spells, I think). She absorbed them as 0 MP.

Anyone who votes on WAo Cecilia isn't gonna buy Meteor Storm as a valid argument, including me. ACF Cecilia may not even be a Heavy, anyways, so she's obviously in Godlike based on the form that has Holy Parasol. Hide... she probably has to alternate casting that and Hi-Blast because of her counter rate while under Hide, so I guess Dhaos might have the argument of Cecilia running out of MP before killing? Maybe if you have high Dhaos durability respect and don't let MP Drain work on Dhaos?

Yeah, I'm anticipating a Dhaos championship someday, but Cecilia is a really messy opponent for a lot of people, so the only way he wins this is for you to respect Tetra Assault hitting four times, and see Stun as allowing him to get off another one. Which I can see as being legitimate, seeing as how I haven't even beaten the game yet >_>. We need GBA Dhaos stats anyways, unless there are literally no changes worth mentioning.

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Lugia (PKMN): I can't think of anyway for Lugia to win this.
Fujin (FF8) vs. Vandesdelca Musto Fende (TotA): Good luck next round, McConnohie #1.

Margulis (XSs) vs. Rena Lanford (SO2): No vote, but go crush Middle McConnohie #2!
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
Cecilia's parasol takes up the same equip slot as the status blockers. Does that matter?

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 06:29:37 PM »
From where I'm standing, Cecilia has an argument for using either. A stone/stun blocker got hype because it stops Dhaos' physical from being turn 1, which means she can haste, lap, and put up physical immunity after it.

Of course, she may not even need it. The physical, with no statuses blocked, is 70% odds of status. That may or may not be turn 1 anyway, since the attack has to hit too. Depends on Dhaos' accuracy, Cecilia's evade (12% PRY, think that might be literal), views on accuracy and evasion in general, and views on the turn 1 threshold for status.

If she doesn't, then she can use a Parasol to seal shut the possibility of Dhaos Corrida -> Meteor Swarm hype.

Anyway, just for the record:

Cecilia's speed: 118
Average: 122
Jack: 143
Cecilia after Quicken: 177

Yeah, she's way faster than Jack post Quicken (averages a higher speed than him even after the non-Quickened turn, meaning she would lap him). It's pretty impressive.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2008, 07:05:43 PM »
Wait, the petrify is turn two? Then, Cecilia doesn't even need the stone blocker, she goes straight for the parasol, since it shuts down his offense (Tetra Spell = low level PC magic, Meteor Swarm = PC magic, both being the stuff that the Parasol nails), and Tetra Assault hitting past the first hit is often laughable. Dhaos Corridor is also a 4HKO, and seeing it as anything over than 150% average speed is kinda not sane. If Dhaos can't 2HKO Cecilia nor status her turn one, he's just complete bait.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »
The idea behind the turn 1 status hype is that either the stone or stun activates. If he gets stone, he wins. If he gets stun, he goes with his physical one (or mayyyybe two) times more to stone and win. Grante,d the odds aren't that great...

Other notables: Ceci has a spell that grants the Parasol magic-absorption. Ceci has Lock State. Ceci has Hide to get around the physical entirely. Black Onyxs should definitely be assumed. They are abundant and bloody freaking awesome accessories. They also only take up one slot. And Klarth has a copy of them in one of his rings so you only need 3. You get like 5 pretty easily over the course of the game. ALSO: Meep has posited in the past that Meteor Swarm may be low-HP only. I was going to test but I lost my save. Someone may want to verify this.

Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Lugia (PKMN): Meh.
Jessica Albert (DQ8) vs. Zeromus (FF4): Don't think Jess can outlast a slugger boss. (that counters magic, no?)
Fujin (FF8) vs. Vandesdelca Musto Fende (TotA): Yeaaaaah.
Cecilia Lyne Adlehyde (WA) vs. Dhaos (ToP): Go Ceci. Its your birthday~

Heavy

Anastasia Valeria (WA2) vs. Eirika (FE8): Hmm. If she can use the Quick clone turn 1, she wins fairly handedly (level 35, so one whack from Eirika gives her enough FP to use it). At which point she laps, is no longer doubled (unless you see Eirika doubling the TB cap, which Ana should hit with her Air Guard), and is free to start buff-healing or Impulsing. The problem of course is that in a TB system, Ana wouldn't be able to do this because she enters her commands before she gets hit. I'll be interested to see how other people vote on this, and whether or not they carry through their conclusions on this issue to L2 PCs or similar duelers. Yes indeed.
Strago Magus (FF6) vs. Alfina de Pamela (G3): Stun Force, Armageddon, Status Immunity. Pick your poison, Strago. Pick your poison.
Antenora (WA2) vs. Angelo (DQ8): Hmm. Tempted to vote Angelo here. Antenora's status isn't exactly high-rate, and she's not incredibly durable. Angelo doesn't have much to go with if he can't wall her though...
Bowie (ShF2) vs. Jenova (FF7): Whatever.

Middle

Margulis (XSs) vs. Rena Lanford (SO2): I don't remember if I fought Margulis in XS2.
Keneth (S4) vs. Genis Sage (ToS): Genis sucks.
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Valeria (Suikos): High powered physical fighters aren't Yulie's favorite brand of target.

Light

Zylo (ShF) vs. Connie (S3): But PALE GATE HYPE.
Jelanda Artolia (VP) vs. Gogo (FF6): Status or 2HKO or whatever. Gogo for get-the-hell-out-of-Light.
Gremio (S1) vs. Hix (Suikos): Better suikoscrub. Inferior love interest, though!
Augst Henriksen (WA4) vs. Kent (FE7): Bah.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 08:24:59 PM »
Antenora (WA2) vs. Angelo (DQ8): Hmm. Tempted to vote Angelo here. Antenora's status isn't exactly high-rate, and she's not incredibly durable. Angelo doesn't have much to go with if he can't wall her though...

Angelo's offense isn't worth a damn. I don't think he OHKOs Antenora with a full 100 tension attack. He won't get two of those off, the status will hit by then. Helps that it's attached to her damage.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 10:39:35 PM »
Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Lugia (PKMN): Kefka vs. a PC tends to have this effect all the time.
Jessica Albert (DQ8) vs. Zeromus (FF4): Yeah, Jessica's not built for long fights like this.
Fujin (FF8) vs. Vandesdelca Musto Fende (TotA): Van actually can slug things out against bosses, Fujin cannot.
Cecilia Lyne Adlehyde (WA) vs. Dhaos (ToP): Stone is not turn 1 for Dhaos and his damage with the stone move is not particularly good; Cecilia gets Status Lock off, and then plays defensively to take Dhaos out.

Heavy

Anastasia Valeria (WA2) vs. Eirika (FE8): Yeah, don't see Ana buffing fast enough or getting damage she needs to take Eirika down.
Strago Magus (FF6) vs. Alfina de Pamela (G3): Need to look a few things up. 
Antenora (WA2) vs. Angelo (DQ8): Kneejerk or something.
Bowie (ShF2) vs. Jenova (FF7): Jenova Death takes this pretty easily.

Middle

Margulis (XSs) vs. Rena Lanford (SO2): Acala Seal, if all else fails.  Rena's the exact kind of opponent who would get snubbed by such a move.
Jennifer (Dis) vs. Meganium (PKMN): If nothing else, Meganium has Synthesis, I believe, and can run Jennifer out of SP.
Keneth (S4) vs. Genis Sage (ToS): Genis sucks.
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Valeria (Suikos): high physical damage off someone faster vs. Yulie.

Light

Zylo (ShF) vs. Connie (S3): Connie.
Jelanda Artolia (VP) vs. Gogo (FF6): Gogo 4HKOs, and goes first.  Jelanda sure as hell doesn't kill in 3 turns.
Gremio (S1) vs. Hix (Suikos): High End Suikoscrub vs. ONe Tier Above Bottom of Barrel Suikoscrub.
Augst Henriksen (WA4) vs. Kent (FE7): Augst.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2008, 12:36:04 AM »
Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Lugia (PKMN)
Jessica Albert (DQ8) vs. Zeromus (FF4)
Fujin (FF8) vs. Vandesdelca Musto Fende (TotA)

Cecilia Lyne Adlehyde (WA) vs. Dhaos (ToP) - PSX version of Dhaos Laser OHKOs rather easily. Also, Phaser Dhaos spamming Hidden would make for a hilarious and awesome match.

Heavy

Anastasia Valeria (WA2) vs. Eirika (FE8) - Temp.
Strago Magus (FF6) vs. Alfina de Pamela (G3)
Antenora (WA2) vs. Angelo (DQ8)

Bowie (ShF2) vs. Jenova (FF7) - OHKOs any of the pre-Synthesis forms. Synthesis...is Synthesis and loses anyways.

Middle

Margulis (XSs) vs. Rena Lanford (SO2) - Rena gets overrun by the clones.
Jennifer (Dis) vs. Meganium (PKMN)
Keneth (S4) vs. Genis Sage (ToS)

Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Valeria (Suikos) - Quick + Protect = Splat.

Light

Zylo (ShF) vs. Connie (S3) - Joke light.
Jelanda Artolia (VP) vs. Gogo (FF6) - Joke light MkII.
Gremio (S1) vs. Hix (Suikos) - -.-
Augst Henriksen (WA4) vs. Kent (FE7) - Joke light MkIII.

Pyro

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2008, 12:48:51 AM »
Found out that Ceci doesn't have a petrify blocker (because apparently WA1 doesn't have petrify?). So it becomes an issue of whether Dhaos Stone+Stun physical can take care of Ceci before she gets a turn. I'll think about it later but it should probably be noted in this topic.

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
  • Champion of the charm division (thanks Hatbot)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 12:57:21 AM »
Valeria 1 is arguably a bit slower than Yulie, which actually might let her win, since Valeria 1 doesn't OHKO Yulie after Protect. On the other hand, she OHKOs Yulie outright before it, so, if you see Val going first anyhow, she wins regardless.

If that's the case, it does sway my vote. Valeria wasn't too terribly fast in 1 from what I remember, so Yulie gets her Protect off.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2008, 01:19:57 AM »
Godlike

Jessica Albert (DQ8) vs. Zeromus (FF4) - Zeromus. Jessica runs into a spoiler she can't do much about. Harsh luck.

Heavy

Anastasia Valeria (WA2) vs. Eirika (FE8) - Anastasia. Short version: Buff respect+lack of FE respect.
Strago Magus (FF6) vs. Alfina de Pamela (G3) - Alfina spoils her way to a win.
Antenora (WA2) vs. Angelo (DQ8) - This comes down to a gutcheck on how much I respect Antenora's status. Hint: Not much. Angelo.

Middle

Keneth (S4) vs. Genis Sage (ToS) - Keneth. I'm kind of torn here, but when in doubt assume a Tales mage has issues in the DL.
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Valeria (Suikos) - Valeria. Yeah, Yulie goes splat to a good physical.

Light

Zylo (ShF) vs. Connie (S3) - Why does Connie keep drawing people I can't vote on? I just wanna get to vote for her and hype Pale Gate at least once. >_<
Jelanda Artolia (VP) vs. Gogo (FF6) - Gogo. Not Jelanda/some marginal respect, I guess?
Gremio (S1) vs. Hix (Suikos) - Hix. Exertion will help him get that edge in a Light slapfight.
Augst Henriksen (WA4) vs. Kent (FE7) - I honestly couldn't care any less.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

muakaka

• Denizen
  • Needs. To. Be. Ranked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 03:56:48 AM »
The idea behind the turn 1 status hype is that either the stone or stun activates. If he gets stone, he wins. If he gets stun, he goes with his physical one (or mayyyybe two) times more to stone and win. Granted the odds aren't that great...

Other notables: Ceci has a spell that grants the Parasol magic-absorption. Ceci has Lock State. Ceci has Hide to get around the physical entirely. Black Onyxs should definitely be assumed. They are abundant and bloody freaking awesome accessories. They also only take up one slot. And Klarth has a copy of them in one of his rings so you only need 3. You get like 5 pretty easily over the course of the game. ALSO: Meep has posited in the past that Meteor Swarm may be low-HP only. I was going to test but I lost my save. Someone may want to verify this.

I don't think I give the whole cast a Black Onyx, especially when only ONE of them have some sort of claim on it.
All it does is nerf boss damage.
It's similar to how I don't give SH characters Extreme or Mind's Eye, cause all it does is nerf boss durability.

(According to OK's Dhaos stats)
Dhaos Corridor 3HKOs if you take Black Onyx averages, and a pretty borderline 2HKO if you don't. Meteor Storm OHKOs average, but since it's out of the picture....
Cecilia's HP is a LITTLE BIT lower than the average, so 2 Dhaos Corridors should be enough, following the latter above.
Do note that Dhaos Corridor is unblockable(whee Cless tries to block, Cless flies), neither is it truly a spell in ToP. Spells in ToP all(almost, barring low-end spells) have the habit of stopping time, and physicals are all blockable. Dhaos Corridor has no cast time as well.
I've got no idea what it falls under, so I'm assuming SMT style Almighty. Does it go around Hide is up to you I suppose.

(According to Cryo's Dhaos stats)
Dhaos Corridor becomes a 3HKO without Black Onyx averages, and a 4HKO with.
He'd be much better off betting on his status and relying on Dhaos Corridor to get around Hide.

He keeps the pressure on, she can't do much besides healing and Raftina. Raftina doesn't even do it's full damage here cause of non-elemental halving.
Then on a double, he smites. She won't be able to get her Quicken game going, cause the next round, he's slamming her with...something. She'll want to be full alive and healthy.
This is if I'm viewing him only as fast, when his movement speed dictates that he's crazy.
If you view him as average? Cecilia casts Quicken, laps, then 3-2s from there onwards. ....I can't see Dhaos being that slow, even when I'm giving Cecilia a lot of leeway. But following this interp, yeah, Cecilia wins.

Found out that Ceci doesn't have a petrify blocker (because apparently WA1 doesn't have petrify?). So it becomes an issue of whether Dhaos Stone+Stun physical can take care of Ceci before she gets a turn. I'll think about it later but it should probably be noted in this topic.

If she's got no stone blocker, she'll opt for the parasol. Meteor Storm is then out of the question.
Which leaves Dhaos to try to get a turn 1 status.
If you see Tetra Assault getting all 4 hits in, then the status is guaranteed.
If you don't, then it's still 45% stone, 45% stun(Cryo's stats here. OK's lists it as 50%). Depending on your interp, he may or may not land the status.
I do, since 90% is good enough for status accuracy to hit.
ToP dodging is basically the damage is reduced and the PC is not staggered.
Dhaos' attack accuracy is pretty good as well, cause the above never happened in that battle.(But then again, the PC's dodge rate seems god awful. Only if their levels are much higher than the enemy do I see a good chance at them dodging.)

We need GBA Dhaos stats anyways, unless there are literally no changes worth mentioning
GBA Dhaos is a little..........lousy. He doesn't get the elemental immunities, nor does he get the REGEN FROM HELL. Only thing is, they changed Tetra Assault to give it it's full accuracy at all times >_>, but it no longer has stone attached to it, just stun.
And he halves Hi-Blast using his ToPo form, so it'll take centuries for Cecilia.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:18:08 PM by muakaka »

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 05:04:35 AM »
Just a note, two independent status checks of 45 don't add up to 90. They add up to about 70. Same reason two 60's don't add up to 120 (which is obviously impossible).

1 - (1 - 0.45)*(1 - 0.45).

Maybe.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 05:16:40 AM »
I don't think I give the whole cast a Black Onyx, especially when only ONE of them have some sort of claim on it.

Bosses aren't scaled against DL-legal PCs, otherwise every FF8 boss would be a repeating Godlike champ and Ultimecia would be Bluelike.  HP+30% is an obscenely good accessory and I had it on every PC except for the mages (they got Mystic Symbol + Fairy Ring instead).

That's the point!  Bosses have to face it in game, so their damage is worse.  Ergo, they have their damage reduced in the DL due to it.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 12:58:59 PM »

He keeps the pressure on, she can't do much besides healing and Raftina. Raftina doesn't even do it's full damage here cause of non-elemental halving.
Then on a double, he smites. She won't be able to get her Quicken game going, cause the next round, he's slamming her with...something. She'll want to be full alive and healthy.

This doesn't work. Cecilia would want to use Dualcast instead of Raftina which would allow her to heal up and buff her speed at the same time preventing a double turn.

Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Lugia (PKMN)
Jessica Albert (DQ8) vs. Zeromus (FF4)
Fujin (FF8) vs. Vandesdelca Musto Fende (TotA)
Cecilia Lyne Adlehyde (WA) vs. Dhaos (ToP)
Heavy

Anastasia Valeria (WA2) vs. Eirika (FE8)
Strago Magus (FF6) vs. Alfina de Pamela (G3)
Antenora (WA2) vs. Angelo (DQ8)

Middle

Jennifer (Dis) vs. Meganium (PKMN)

Light

Jelanda Artolia (VP) vs. Gogo (FF6)
Augst Henriksen (WA4) vs. Kent (FE7)

muakaka

• Denizen
  • Needs. To. Be. Ranked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »

This doesn't work. Cecilia would want to use Dualcast instead of Raftina which would allow her to heal up and buff her speed at the same time preventing a double turn.

Ugh. Forgot about Dual Cast.
Well, then.... Cecilia does get away from the double turn if you don't think he's fast enough.
Still, that's... 5 turns(20 FP each turn, assuming Dhaos uses Dhaos Corridor each turn) she'll have to endure before she gets the necessary FP. If you see Dhaos getting a double before her fifth turn(Not hard, since she isn't Quickened yet), then that still should kill her off.

Bosses aren't scaled against DL-legal PCs, otherwise every FF8 boss would be a repeating Godlike champ and Ultimecia would be Bluelike.  HP+30% is an obscenely good accessory and I had it on every PC except for the mages (they got Mystic Symbol + Fairy Ring instead).

That's the point!  Bosses have to face it in game, so their damage is worse.  Ergo, they have their damage reduced in the DL due to it.

This made me think a little, cause I couldn't exactly place it in words.
I hold bosses damage to the DL-legal PC average IF and ONLY IF the character's level is the main factor of their endgame stats.
I don't really factor in optional accessories or power-ups that's applicable to every single PC, cause it makes the game much easier, like Black Onyx in this case and Mind's Eye in the SH series.
Most RPGs follow this pattern, so no real problem....
But in games where tinkering with the character becomes the main factor of the stats and they do not have any other claim for major changes in stat growth(like in FF8's Junction), I hold boss damage against that, and not the DL legal averages.

....Which probably explains my boss damage respect so far. @@

And 70% status.... does sound like turn 2 status. Which doesn't matter with Cecilia since she has Lock State.
Which means, in order for Dhaos to win, he'll need to double her on his first turn to status her, or get a double before her 5th turn while keeping pressure on her so that on the double he kills.
If you do not respect Dhaos speed as much as some(Me, for example. I judge Tales characters action speed by their movement speed, so he's helluva fast), then yeah, I'm thinking Cecilia gets the win.
Unless you want to vote on GBA Dhaos, which has an actual accurate Tetra Assault with guaranteed stun.....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:27:02 PM by muakaka »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2008, 09:42:06 PM »
And I wouldn't use OK's Dhaos stats. From the boss section of the topic...

Not to sound indignant, but any particular reason why?  >_>

Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Lugia (PKMN) - Kefka. 
Jessica Albert (DQ8) vs. Zeromus (FF4) - Zeromus.  Just...there's not much that can stop him here.  He kind of nulls her tricks.
Fujin (FF8) vs. Vandesdelca Musto Fende (TotA) - Van.
Cecilia Lyne Adlehyde (WA) vs. Dhaos (ToP) - DHAOS FORM TWO HYPE!!!???  INVINCIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!  RUNS HER OUT OF MP!!!!!  Actually...that wins it >_>  Otherwise...this is good, but there is no stone blocker, so she needs Parasol and to cast Status Lock.  I...think he locks her somehow.  Good.

Heavy

Anastasia Valeria (WA2) vs. Eirika (FE8) - Ana.  Buffing hype?
Strago Magus (FF6) vs. Alfina de Pamela (G3) - Alfina.  Faster, Stun Force.  Yay.
Antenora (WA2) vs. Angelo (DQ8) - Angelo.  The status is pretty bad, even if it eventually hits.  Think he can outlast, otherwise.
Bowie (ShF2) vs. Jenova (FF7) - Jenova.  ULTIMA.

Middle

Margulis (XSs) vs. Rena Lanford (SO2) - Margulis.  This match is awesome.
Jennifer (Dis) vs. Meganium (PKMN) - ...well, the sexier one loses.  I hope people are happy ;_;
Keneth (S4) vs. Genis Sage (ToS) - Keneth.  Damn Genis not having elemental defenses.
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Valeria (Suikos) - Yulie. 

Light

Zylo (ShF) vs. Connie (S3) - Damn Pale Gates not storebought.  I think I probably will be allowing any storebought...anything, so...too bad.
Jelanda Artolia (VP) vs. Gogo (FF6) - Gogo.  Should be Heavy.
Gremio (S1) vs. Hix (Suikos) - ...Hix, I suppose.  Granted, Gremio's S2 form owns Hix's!
Augst Henriksen (WA4) vs. Kent (FE7) - ...want to vote Augst for the awesome factor.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2008, 11:14:27 PM »
The status is pretty bad, even if it eventually hits.

Not really. Sleep = he loses instantly, since magic doesn't break sleep in WA2. Silence he can't heal, so aside from getting in one more attack he loses. Disease, same story. Misery... the WA2 version didn't stop magic, just Force abilities and FP gain? Anyway, that screws him over if he uses tension (he shouldn't, for that reason). Poison yeah, that one is pretty bad.

Regardless, it's like... turn 4-5 for one of those (EDIT: 23% chance, assuming Silence is halved by an accessory). Seeing as he's only dealing damage on turns he isn't healing, which is at best every other turn if you don't see him being 2HKOed (pretty sure I do)... well, assuming it's 3 anyway,

Angelo - Antenora - Angelo - Antenora - Heal - Antenora - Angelo - Antenora. She probably has a status now, but even if she doesn't... Heal - Antenora definitely gets one now, leaving two more Angelo attacks (unless that status was sleep) for a total of five. Maybe six if you see a double in there? But Antenora is close to average speed, so that's not too likely. Regardless, Angelo attacks are 24% to average, so even six of those shouldn't kill Antenora by most scalings.

That's with pretty much every assumption in Angelo's favour. *shrug*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:54:50 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2008, 11:30:57 PM »
Wait, Antenora was the mixed status?  I thought it was...did one of them have a single status attack?  I guess I got her mixed up with one of the other ones then.  Still, isn't the rate really bad?  50% or so is...a bit much, from what I remember.  I don't remember it ever hitting when I went through the game, and I always used Knightblazer since it was cool, which extended the fights >_> 

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »
It's five 10% shots at status (of which poison and misery don't matter). 10% sleep + 5% silence + 10% disease = 23%. Yeah, definitely not 50% (same math reason as I posted earlier!), but you'll see it add at least one status decently often. This fits with my memories pretty well.

Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2008, 12:06:03 AM »
I figured the noted figure was 50% since I originally saw you noted 27% up above, if halved with an accessory, so I assumed the base was 54% or so.  Misread, I suppose.

Still...I do not ever remember seeing a status added, but that just might be bad luck on my part (good luck?).  So...eh, guess that is hers then, I suppose.  I just remember her status hitting less often then Incur My Wrath!

Pyro

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »
Not to sound indignant, but any particular reason why?  >_>

Lack of Black Onyxs/the HP+ ring for Klarth. Tetra Assault being listed without the disclaimer that it never gets past the first hit in-game, and you didn't list his physical immunity gimmick at high HP (I think?).

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2008, 12:23:43 AM »
That last sounds like a legit concern, but complaining about not factoring in an HP booster?  Silly.  30% HP boost is so very hard to factor in yourself if you take bosses that way.
(Sure, someone that hadn't played the game wouldn't know about those.  Which is why you need to have played games to vote on them.  Form your own opinions, etc.)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2008, 04:43:17 AM »
That last sounds like a legit concern, but complaining about not factoring in an HP booster?  Silly.  30% HP boost is so very hard to factor in yourself if you take bosses that way.
(Sure, someone that hadn't played the game wouldn't know about those.  Which is why you need to have played games to vote on them.  Form your own opinions, etc.)

It is possible for someone who played the game to not use them and forget they existed, too.  Or even use them and forget they existed.  >.>  I know I forget random stuff like that about games I played 10 years ago.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2008, 08:23:39 AM »
Godlike
Kefka Palazzo-Murder
Zeromus-Murder murder
Vandesdelca Musto Fende- Murder murder murder
Dhaos- Is anybody selectively ignoring that Phaser Dhaos can stall with Hidden? Cecilia has absolutely no chance after this. She has to stall every turn or else she dies to a Chas the next turn, aka, she runs out of mp eventually for stalling. Dhaos? Hahaha Hidden has no cost at all. Wait like 30 turns or something and it'll be over..... bah, what I am thinking. Angel Dhaos adds a full 3 seconds down time with his basic physical, and it is Time Stop loop after that.

Heavy
Anastasia Valeria- And here goes my usual FE anti vote
Alfina de Pamela- And she spoils
Antenora
Jenova

Middle
Margulis- Acala Seal
Meganium
Keneth
Valeria

Light
Zylo