Author Topic: Tourney of Interest Season 4 Week 3  (Read 3100 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Interest Season 4 Week 3
« on: June 30, 2008, 05:47:15 AM »
A-yup.  One week. Carry on.

Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III)
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Tibarn (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Arceus (Pokemon)

Heavy

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series)
Marona (Phantom Brave) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Knight (Final Fantasy)
Baltheir (Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions) vs Angeal Hewley (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)

Middle

Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Greg Russellburg (Wild ARMs 5)
Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series)
Seraphita (Xenogears) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)
Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)

Light

Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You) vs Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3)
Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon)
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest Season 4 Week 3
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 07:19:34 AM »
Godlike

Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)

Middle

Seraphita (Xenogears) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)- You know, I'm not 100% that I'd even see Seraphita as immune to ID. XG Sleep might as well be a death sentence. Also, Bow can reduce Seraphita's damage to a 4HKO, and while Bow's damage is bad, Seraphita's HP is really quite bad.

Light
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)- Barrier prevents a 2HKO, Poison would let her kill in 3 attacks if Pikachu used Light Screen, I think.
...into the nightfall.

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
  • Champion of the charm division (thanks Hatbot)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:30:49 AM »

Ph3ar my voting p0w3rs.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:48:51 AM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III): Oh man. Thunderclap.... oh man. And with TRIPLETURNS, he can smash through the tentacles then attack on the same series of actions. This is like the worst draw ever for Heat barring maybe the ogre battle finals.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): So this is just FE10 Tibarn?

Middle

Light

Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3): Unless Melody had some physical damage I can't remember. Thinking light screen + lightball powered attacks win.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III) - Xorn.  Yeesh.  This is still good, but Xorn just kind of has what it takes to kill Heat.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - Nyarlathotep.  Silent Lake unfortunately does not help her at all.  And if she doesn't use it, Chaos Element gets around healing.  And 2 forms for her to beat.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Tibarn.  Acts first, blows her up.
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Arceus (Pokemon) - RhapthornE.  Yay not being slow and sleep and blowing shit up.

Heavy

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) - Melbu.  Status ;_;
Marona (Phantom Brave) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Marona.  Go Godlike, or something.
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Knight (Final Fantasy) - Seen a bit of Levin!  Not voting.
Baltheir (Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions) vs Angeal Hewley (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) - Anything that beats FFT is good, so here's hoping!

Middle

Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Greg Russellburg (Wild ARMs 5) - Mog, I guess.  Even Greg's awesome defenses and auto-guard with regen don't take it, I think.  Sink Hole = dead.
Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series) - Junpei is sexier.  Lune was evasion-whore, so Junpei's regen and High Counter finish this fairly easily with a waiting game.
Seraphita (Xenogears) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II) - Bow.  Non-Kelvena XG bosses suck!
Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Need to play MK!

Light

Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You) vs Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) - Damn!
Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Micaiah.  Mine had defense!  >_>  Otherwise, she just...nukes her.
Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon) - Garnet, I guess.
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - Melody.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III) - I think he gets a Death Knell off sometime after killing the Tentacles?  Probably.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - Can't think of anything that'll let her get around this offhand?
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Arceus (Pokemon) - Sleep?  Open to arguments, my Rhapthorne respect ain't too high.

Heavy

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) - I'll just assume OK's right on this one.
Marona (Phantom Brave) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Doesn't Hiro just OHKO?  Too lazy to check right now.
Baltheir (Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions) vs Angeal Hewley (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)

Middle

Mog (Final Fantasy VI vs Greg Russellburg (Wild ARMs 5) - I haven't been allowing Snow Muffler lately, and I'm not sure how tanky he is without it.  Anyone know?  Might change my vote.
Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series) - Lune 2HKOs, isn't OHKOd... High Counter.  Crap.  Think that's enough to push it over?  Argh.  This one's close and I might look at it again later.
Seraphita (Xenogears) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II) - I'm not even sure on this one.
Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - I think he just goes first and OHKOs, unless there was some way to boost HP in FE7 that I'm forgetting.

Light

Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You) vs Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) - Not a TWEWY boss.
Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Go Micaiah~
Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon) - Kneejerk.  Open to arguments.
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - Hm, I think?  Open to arguments here as well.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 06:58:46 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Marona (Phantom Brave) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- Confining is.. so, so not legal for so many reasons. *Flush* to Marona as a ranking idea in any form though.

Middle

Light

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 07:12:48 PM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III): Heat doesn't really like that much speed. Heat can try to whore stat downs against the limit boss, but Xorn can kill a tentacle a turn and still get stuff in against Heat himself. And if Thunderclap is thnder, that's just bad news. Not to mention what Death Knell will do when it gets activated.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Tear's not turn one here. Of course... it doesn't matter, Terra can't do anything decisive with one turn. So she needs to be faster and she's probably not.
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Arceus (Pokemon): I was torn if Arceus would manage a 3-2 or not, then remembered Extremespeed, which means he does! Whatever berry cured sleep means he gets that far, and tankishness means he can survive one turn.

Middle

Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Greg Russellburg (Wild ARMs 5): Greg against that defence.
Seraphita (Xenogears) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II): Sure, I'll buy it.

Light

Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Has Nosferatu, is Middle.
Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon): Good lord.
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3): Yeah, should be able to handle this.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 09:31:27 PM »
A-yup.  One week. Carry on.

Heavy

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) - Grrrrrr. Screw you, Cmdr. Stupid Stone. ._.

Middle

Seraphita (Xenogears) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II) - Bow without healing? Yeah no. Or usually so. But uh Seraphita HP and speed oh lord the fail.

Light

Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon) - oh what.
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - Yeah no. Poison+2HKOing Pika before Light Screen is too much.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 12:08:44 AM »
Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Greg Russellburg (Wild ARMs 5): Tank battle! One has status.
Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series): Eh, High Counter and Spring of Life are a nasty little combo.

Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon): Healing should be enough.
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3): Breaks the left side! Shield and poizn should be enough here.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 01:02:03 AM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III): better.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment): Kneejerk.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Yeah, he has the HP to survive Ultima.  He's killing on his second turn and evasion doesn't save her cause Tibarn doesn't miss things short of nigh perfect evasion.
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Arceus (Pokemon): Elfboy's argument works for me.

Heavy

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series): Melbu Frahma against a Healer with Aeroga, bwahahaha.
Marona (Phantom Brave) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete): Can't vote.
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Knight (Final Fantasy): Can't here either.
Baltheir (Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions) vs Angeal Hewley (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII): Kneejerking this one.

Middle

Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Greg Russellburg (Wild ARMs 5): Yeah, Greg vs. Massive defense doesn't really work.
Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series): Can't vote.
Seraphita (Xenogears) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II): Seraphita doesn't beat healers works for me.
Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Matches I can't vote on don't though ;_;

Light

Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You) vs Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3): Can't vote.
Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Can't Kid just out and out kill Micaiah in one turn with her physical + Red Pin combo?  Micaiah's frail and all that.
Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon): Can't vote.
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3): Pikachu doesn't beat competent bosses.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 02:02:49 PM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III)- Heat's shields are too frail here.
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Arceus (Pokemon)- Kneejerk

Heavy

Baltheir (Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions) vs Angeal Hewley (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)- Angeal is pretty impressive from what I remember. Doesn't he have like twice the hp of the boss before him. Good damage and hp are enough to deal with Baltheir.

Middle

Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Greg Russellburg (Wild ARMs 5)- A very sad match

Light

Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)- The shield and damage are too much for Pikachu to handle.

Pyro

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 03:28:14 AM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III): Don't vote on Heat.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment): Can't vote.
Tibarn (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Can't vote.
Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Arceus (Pokemon): Also can't vote. Huh.

Heavy

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series): Donald gets stoned.
Marona (Phantom Brave) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete): Innocent whistling goes here.
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Knight (Final Fantasy): His evade isn't good enough to avoid the whoring Levin puts out off that speed. Granted, if he gets a turn Ruse makes Levin's life hell... This match might be worth in-depth analysis.

Middle

Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Greg Russellburg (Wild ARMs 5): Rar slaughter. I guess.
Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series): Uh. Zuh.
Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)

Light

Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3): Haven't seen Yellow Pika.

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 07:13:53 AM »

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- yes I played Mana Khemia. I got to chapter 11. That reminds me, I should finish it.

Light

Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Not failcaiah. Also, Kid's probably tripleing her.

Report to moderator    Logged 

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 09:33:48 PM »
Godlike

Rhapthorn (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Arceus (Pokemon)- Kneejerk.  Rock-types, don't think Rhappy can actually kill before Arceus wakes up and destroys him.

Heavy

Marona (Phantom Brave) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- Rarr.
Baltheir (Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions) vs Angeal Hewley (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)- Hum.  Nah, Balthier gives up too much to resist Lightning.

Middle

Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series)- No vote.
Seraphita (Xenogears) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)- Dhyer makes a fair point but... nah.  Bow no like MPlessness.
Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- No vote.

Light

Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon)- Mudkip is pretty frail... pity about Alert, I could hype MUD SLAP against Garnet's accuracy.
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)- Yeah, pika doesn't do anything like 2HKOing here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:26:08 AM by Cmdr_King »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Taishyr

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Marona (Phantom Brave) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Mmmhmmm.

Light

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 03:51:58 AM »
Godlike

Tibarn (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Kneejerk.

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Knight (Final Fantasy) - Can't vote.
Baltheir (Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions) vs Angeal Hewley (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) - Kneejerk.

Middle

Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series) - Need to think this over first.

Light

Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You) vs Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) - Buh.
Garnet Sunday (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation) vs Mudkip (Pokemon) - Too bad that will never beat "SO I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ".
Pikachu (Pokemon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) -  I wish Pikachu could handle it.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 05:08:31 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Junpei Iori (Persona 3) vs Lune Zoldark (Super Robot Taisen Series)

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 02:30:56 AM »
Heat v Xorn- xi
Chris- i v Nyarlie- vii
Tibarn- vi v Terra
Rhapthorne- iii v Arceus- v

Melbu- vi v Donald- i
Marona- iiii v Hiro- iii
Levin- ii v Knight
Balthier v Angeal- iiii

Mog- viiii v Greg- i
Junpei- iii v Lune
Seraphita- i v Bow- xi
Jessica- ii v Nergal- i

Minamimoto- ii v Jet- i
Kid- iiii v Micaiah- ii
Garnet- vi v Mudkip
Pika- ii v Melody- xi

d'oh.  Late.  Still, thanks for voting.