Author Topic: Suicide Squad Mafia, Game Over: Number the Dead  (Read 77187 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide Squad Mafia, Day Two: Pobody's Nerfect (In Louisiana)
« Reply #325 on: July 07, 2008, 04:01:13 AM »
Actually it's possible that WAS hammer. If I'm reading right... QR's vote for Meeple was never counted by the mod. In case it's not too late,

##Unvote: Meeple

Since it's be crummy to end the day due to a mod error. (If that's what it is.)

Requesting everyone wait for the mod, otherwise.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 07, 2008, 04:07:33 AM »
Well, looks like I'm fucked.  Call this a defeatist attitude, but when I'm at -1 to hammer, and no one seems willing to change their vote on me, well, what am I suppose to say?  Be naive and think I have a chance to change the opinions of 7 other people?

Anyway, first thing, I want to get one thing cleared:

Bard, your second vote.  Is this going to last the rest of the day or the entire game?  If only the former, that answers my second question.  If the latter...
Does jumping on other trains lead to MORE votes?

I kind of doubt the latter given...well, you could just rack up so many votes that by LYLO, if you last that long, nothing else matters but your lone vote.  In any event, knowing how this works would be a good way to gauge how you should(n't) use it.

Ok, mechanics stuff aside...

I might as well role claim.  I would have done this a while back...except the Role Claim doesn't really do much for me since it doesn't say a fuck ton about me.

I am Major Victory.  I have no real clue who he is, though, reading my flavor text, something like I was protecting the country from Communists, then my entire platoon died out, and I was labeled a traitor, and now I want to get back at them.

And due to being on the enemy side at one point, apparently, I'm a miller as well.

Yeah, as you can see, this role claim...doesn't say a lot; I'm basically a Vanilla Townie that flips scum.  Lovely, isn't it?

Anyway, might as well say a few things on people.  Why?  Cause even though I'm dead, you can look over what I said about people after I flip and hopefully get insight now that my role will be confirmed.

I've said my word on Andrew.  I am not changing that, and I stick to what I said.

For others...
Shale...we all know what's going on with him.  He's lurking, no questions asked.  If he really can't play, I feel by now he would have been modkilled or replaced.  Again, I'm not really adding anything here.

Elfboy strikes me as a bit odd on hindsight.  He says Shale came to his defense adequately, when...to most people, they didn't seem to believe that, and it was only after I defended Shale that people stopped looking at him, and only once he wasn't posting that people started looking at him.  He was quick to dismiss my case against Ciato, which apparently, Rat thought was legit.  In fact, I am not really seeing him saying much at all in his last few posts since he became active.
He tossed a vote on me early, then never really went back to it, and kept on it the entire time with barely an explanation.

Excal sticks out to me!  Why? Cause after last night, he said he promises us some stuff on Andrew...
Well, I was waiting for something like that and...the most we got was him just replying to why Andrew's promise was not good.  I smell some hypocricy here.

Cor has been aggressive, but I don't see this being one way or another.  He seems to be attacking minor issues, which does strike me as off.

Ashe won't stop whining about my post size.  Her latest actions make me feel really uncomfortable.  Again, Cor's claiming I didn't go back and do things I promised was clearly an embellishment, then she goes and BRINGS IT UP LONG AFTER ITS BEEN SAID AND DONE.  She acts like its this big revelation that's a huge massive scumtell when in fact, it was noted that I actually did go back and do what I said, despite Cor's claims (just maybe didn't do it the way he wanted.)  She still won't stop attacking my post style, long after we just had a whole shit fest regarding it.

Tai...beyond my stuff on Ciato from earlier, I have nothing.  I'm inclined to credit those as Ciato just playing really weirdly and being pressed with real life issues, as since she was replaced by Tai, I haven't seen anything worth noting one way or another.  He seems to have done his best to catch up with all the craziness.

As of now, I'm thinking there's a scum between Andrew, Elfboy, and Ashe.  Elfboy claims to have been absent cause he was constantly reading and kicking himself into posting but...I'm not inclined to take that as an excuse.  That excuse feels forced, frankly. "I was trying to get myself to post but I couldn't!"
Oh, forgot another thing to add to Elfboy...
He calls me out for saying something simple like "If what people say is true about Shale, then he's not looking good" and says "That's it? Come back with actual substance!"  He acts like I was making a case on Shale, like I was voting on him based off that.  If you read the lines, its clear I was speculating that I'd have to actually look at what others were saying.  As you all know, I actually DID do this eventually and pretty much disagreed with the stances given.
Ashe, as I said, is still bitching and whining, going back to excuses that were used a while back and have since been deflated, and actually isn't that dissimilar than Andrew.
Andrew I've covered all too much.

Anyway, that's all I have to say.  I can't defend myself more than I already tried, and I can accept the fact that I am screwed.  So yeah, might as well hammer me, whoever wants to do it.  Again, call this a defeatist attitude if you will, but its mostly me just realizing I'm fucked, I'm not getting out of it, and we might as well end the day.  Though, seems like some of the votes are due to "Not conformable with lynching anyone, but Meeple's flip at least will be a lot more revealing" which feels odd, but whatever.  Don't expect much more posts from me, since I really don't think I can add much more.

-----

And It seems I probably SHOULD have been hammered already, but a mod error, etc.  But whatever, I've said my part!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 07, 2008, 04:20:20 AM »
Current votecount:

AndrewRogue (1): Meeple
Ashdla (0): Strago
Bardiche (0): AndrewRogue
Carthrat (0): Anonymous, Bardiche
Jo'ou Ranbu (1): Excal, Corwin, Laggy, AndrewRogue
Meeple (8): Elfboy, Ashdla, Taishyr, AndrewRogue, QR, Laggy, Excal, Strago
Shale (1): Taishyr, Strago, Jo'ou Ranbu
Strago (0): Laggy, Snow
Taishyr (0): Meeple
Corwin (0): Jo'ou

With fourteen alive, it takes eight to lynch.

The last few votecounts have been incorrect, the mods headdesk and deeply apologize for this.  Unfortunately the votes are in fact all there in plain view and valid so this does have to be hammer.  

Meeple, aka Major Victory, aka William Vickers, Self-Aligned Miller Survivor, was lynched day 2!
It is now Night 2, send actions to Cid.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:35:09 AM by Sir Alex »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2008, 02:21:08 AM »
They turned against an outsider on the second day, one who had good cause to hate the Squad and everyone associated with it despite being a member himself: Major Victory, true-blue patriot and American Hero, stalwart defender of truth, justice, and etcetera and so on, forced to join the team by the powers that be after the Squad itself obliterated his former superhero team in a particularly nasty case of bureaucratic in-fighting. As administrative blunders go, this one probably ranked somewhere around Bay of Pigs on the Headdeskometer. Needless to say, things quickly turned unpleasant as the pressure mounted against the erstwhile freedom fighter:

"You're all against me! You all must die!"

And these words did not endear Major Victory to his comrades-in-arms, who promptly decided that it was in fact YOU, William Vickers, who must die. So they conjured up a portal to a convenient pocket dimension and chucked him in. You don't mess with folks who have their own alternate reality at their beck and call. We can only hope he's gone to a better place. One with Hogan's Heroes on 24/7, perhaps.

And this was somewhat of a success for the team, since Major Victory clearly wasn't one of them...but they didn't find any indication that he was one of the killers, either. He may not have liked them, but he probably could've been more useful alive. Ah well, spilt milk and all. With some disgruntled mumbling, everyone dispersed for the night. In the morning, another of their number turned up dead. June Moon, possibly the most harmless person on the team (well, when she wasn't in one of her psychotic fits, at least), was found strangled to death in the mess hall amidst signs of a scuffle, her trademark witch's hat stomped flat in the debris.

Ashdla--The Enchantress, AKA June Moon (Town Power Detector)--was killed overnight!

---

It is now day three. With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:28:06 AM by El Cideon »

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide Squad Mafia, Day Three: Spoon of the Wratherisms!
« Reply #329 on: July 08, 2008, 03:06:36 AM »
asdf

Still incensed over the erroneous vote counts and the unintentional hammer (seriously, two of these in a row? What the fuck?).

More third-party. I see. Not really all that happy with the flip (we need to seriously have hit scum by now), and he was self-aligned to boot so he might as well have been town in scum's eyes... but mrf.

Ashdla was the nightkill choice. Certainly she wasn't ringing loudly on anyone's scumdar, but she seemed to be more in the background than anything else and had at least gotten some voices of suspicion placed on her. Possible that her nature hinted hiding a more significant role. Probably unproductive to speculate wildly, and unfortunately her death doesn't really reveal that much at first glance, which is probably why she got hit.

I loathe to go back through Day 2 again, but it's necessary to be done, in particular interaction with Meeple. I will, however, say right now that I am very much still wanting to hear from Shale, and as such, I don't see any reason not to open up the day by driving this point home:

##Vote: Shale
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2008, 03:14:54 AM »
Hoo boy.

Okay, so lynching Meeple ended up being not a complete bust in hindsight (not ideal, regardless). However, we're still on a somewhat uncomfortable situation. Whatever brought down two night kills in a row last night seems to not have attacked this time, at least, but I have no idea what does this say as of now (since OK or delta may have been the extraneous killer? I dunno). Losing Melsa sucks, though, since, if her role was at least self-explanatory, we will get essentially no insight on whatever she might have found.

But I'll just go and do what I did just before hammer and try to drive the point home about someone lurking excessively:

##VOTE: Shale

Also, ninja'd by Laggy. Eh.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 08, 2008, 03:19:06 AM »
I can vote today! Who is responsible for this madness? It certainly wasn't anything I did. I think the guy responsible knows who he is.

Unrelated, but apparently a pie hit me last night, to no effect.

With this sudden infusion of enthusiasm, I shall get to work immediately.

<->

Laggy, friend, you're forgetting that there are two killers out there. We've no idea if he or scum are responsible for this insanity. It's going to be impossible to speculate on reasons in a meaningful sense.

You are right in that Shale is to be slammed for lurking with extreme prejudice at this point, though, not much to add. ##Vote: Shale ahahahaha, happy happy!

Ninja'd by Jo'ou, mwaf, nothing exciting there.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 08, 2008, 03:23:19 AM »
I can vote today! Who is responsible for this madness? It certainly wasn't anything I did. I think the guy responsible knows who he is.

MADNESS AND INSANITY WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING OBVIOUSLY SCUMMY

Quote from: Carthrat
Laggy, friend, you're forgetting that there are two killers out there. We've no idea if he or scum are responsible for this insanity. It's going to be impossible to speculate on reasons in a meaningful sense.

Yeah, while this is true, I have trouble seeing another killer off Delta and then Ashdla in the same breath. The first kill seemed pretty obviously a town-slanted move, and Ashdla... no, just can't see it. Shale would have been such a much better target. Also more importantly, scum pretty much NEED to kill every night to, well, win! For them to pass up on a nightkill (unless someone got hit last night and survived, obviously correct me, I forgot that this may in fact BE role madness despite mod lies blarg arghle) and then assume our MYSTERY KILLER acted...

Okay, I see what you mean by trying to speculate being a little meaningless. Still think it's worth thinkin' scum was behind this, more likely, than not.

You got ninja'd by Strago, not Snow.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 08, 2008, 03:24:31 AM »
Or I can not read at all and realize it was actually Snow. I blame the avatar you damn Brazilian.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2008, 03:26:24 AM »
Yeah I think speculation over scum NK is always pointless anyway, just even more so in this case.

And it looks a lot like Snow to me. Yes. Right. Good stuffs.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 08, 2008, 03:32:39 AM »
Also, Rat, I believe I can say this confidently: I am responsible for your sudden ability to vote.

More specifically, I roleblocked you last night. My roleblocking also works on passive roles, which should explain -that-.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 08, 2008, 03:33:33 AM »
Fair enough. (Also I forgot I was typing up a post so now here it is!)

Okay, more coherent thoughts.

Strago possibly could have dropped his vote knowing that it was actually hammer and stealthed it in, but I seriously doubt it. It would count on the mods ruling that they would let that pass despite the bad votecount, which apparently they did, and just assume that it wasn't an honest slipup. So I'm not inclined to press hard on that even if I want to flip and kill something for these accidental hammers.

Reading over Meeple's last post now, since I see no reason to discredit him as he roleclaimed truthfully (minus self-alignment over town, obviously) and basically wasn't really putting any hope in seeing the day end without him being lynched. In effect, he was trying to be protown at the end.

He proposes scumteam of Andy, NEB, and Ashdla. Well, we know the last is town, so that clears that. NEB... in cahoots with Ciato/Tai and went after Meeple early and never really let up, OMGUS defense or genuine? Eh. It feels like both of them were sniping each other a lot about "well they were around in chat, and could have posted but didn't!" Yeah, a lot of us are around and active and not always feeling up to posting a giant wall of text in Mafia. NEB quickly coming to Ciato/Tai's defense... and not really offering anything new? I dunno, NEB's responded at least reasonably fairly when asked, although I did feel his content wilted off as the day progressed on, but hell, so did mine and largely lots of people on Day 2. The only real thing he's got is that he did lead the train on Meeple.

Andrew. It says a lot that Meeple said he brought up Andy lots of time as to a case and I can barely remember what it is. *backtracks* Okay, he says Andy is not really being helpful, remains too neutral, doesn't vote hard and basically ended up doing nothing. Andy ultimately was on the Meeple train after switching from Snow (had an early Bard vote that dropped quickly). Between him and NEB, I'd be inclined to give Andy a harder look - as while I think he's been replying and defending himself adequately, how he ultimately ends up voting and the justification for such does deserve scrutiny.

NINJA'D BY SNOW: Oh. Wow. Well that's spiffy, on the surface.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 08, 2008, 03:52:33 AM »
Well bugger me sideways for hammering Meeple. Yeah, had no intention of doing that. At least he wasn't town, I guess. In addition, a weird part of me is actually glad that Ash got axed, simply because I couldn't shake my feelings regarding her. Since they were obviously wrong, now it frees me up to think about other angles? Trying to be optimistic, anyway.

A cursory glance at Snow right now makes him look pretty townish to me, despite some of Snow's actions on previous days. If he knew his power null'd passive roles, anyway, blocking Carth's votelessness does not seem a scum move. Of course it's possible that he didn't know that and was working on a hunch that the Flaming Ratbird had some other unrevealed power. I suppose on second thought I'm not going to read too deeply into alignments based on those toles.

Laggy: I'm not exactly sure where I stand on Elfboy, but keep in mind that his having led the Meeple train is not exactly a town tell. Meep was third-party, after all, so a hyptothetical scum Elfboy could've thought he was training a townie.

Finally: ... spoon of the wratherisms? El Cid is cuh-razy.

More soonish.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 08, 2008, 04:00:04 AM »
A cursory glance at Snow right now makes him look pretty townish to me, despite some of Snow's actions on previous days. If he knew his power null'd passive roles, anyway, blocking Carth's votelessness does not seem a scum move. Of course it's possible that he didn't know that and was working on a hunch that the Flaming Ratbird had some other unrevealed power. I suppose on second thought I'm not going to read too deeply into alignments based on those toles.

I will be blunt and admit that my logic for roleblocking the Rat was based on my suspicion that he'd have an underlying power rather than the goodness of my heart. This is Mafia, suspicion is the order of the day. >_> Regardless, I don't think it was a dumb move, especially considering that this new condition of his, temporary as it may be, could give further insight into his behavior and patterns if so needed, so this is probably for the best. However, according to him, something else targetted him, if I'm reading his wording correctly? This is probably useless speculation/excessive metagaming, but the pie doesn't seem like something to come from me taking a flavor perspective. Rat, you mind to clarify if you can?

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 08, 2008, 04:00:44 AM »
Laggy: I'm not exactly sure where I stand on Elfboy, but keep in mind that his having led the Meeple train is not exactly a town tell. Meep was third-party, after all, so a hyptothetical scum Elfboy could've thought he was training a townie.

Oh, and I hardly was painting it such as pro-town. If anything, it was one of the possible points against him, for all that, as I read his original attack post, NEB listed some (at least the time) plausible reasons... but I'm still going to take some cues from our confirmed townies here (Meep and Tom, though Tom didn't directly list NEB as a suspect, just didn't believe in the case on Meeple at all) and at least watch him closely more, whether their suspicions turn out to be correct or not.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 08, 2008, 04:05:22 AM »
Was about to ask Jo'ou some stuff but he answered my question anyway. With that said, if you think I have some underlying power, should you not be, um, dropping a case on me right now, I don't really want to encourage this behaviour, but if you are a townie roleblocker, should you not be trying to hit scum, not just 'he might have a power!'

If he'd said 'because Rat deserves his vote' I would've called for his lynch on the spot, anyhow, that would have been bullshit. Ah well.

The pie was unrelated to the roleblocking, it didn't seem to do anything but.. well.. pie! I've no idea what it could mean.

<->

As for people who aren't Shale, I am pretty suspicious of Bardiche.

He...

-Is really interested in his own role and presenting it in a townie-friendly fashion. In fact he has pointed out he avoids doing certain things in order to avoid being scummy several times. He is very, VERY concerned with his image.
-When he initially goes after Meeple, he offers very little reasoning, as seen here;
Moving on, I'm more suspicious of Meeple at the moment. The entire assault on Ciato seems uncalled for. It also doesn't sit well with me how you defend Shale. I mean, sure, I defended Deltaflyer, but I think I was much less zealous on it to the point of attempting to null suspicions on him by saying things he should've done himself.

Apart from this he says very little about the State of the Game, as it were, preferring to focus on just how he's going to implement his super awesome role and such.

-Later, he jumps off Meeple here -

Meeple, in general, I always believe that one should defend himself in Mafia. Others providing your defense indicates that those others feel confident enough about your alignment that they shoot to your defense. This is alright if you are a Mason or something, and you're guaranteed of another's alignment. But in this case, you're defending someone you (likely) have no alignment read on, quite frankly, unless you have some investigative role or are scum. I don't want to hear if you have the former, but that's my explanation for why I take such problem with your defense of Shale.

Even after you were called out on it you remained over-zealous to his defense. A little defending of others is okay (ie: I didn't get that read out of it, how come you hammer on that point so zealously? as a defense) but when you take over the defense... Yeah. Anyway, I'll keep this in the back of my mind.

##UNFoS: Meeple

The thing is, he takes problems with how Meeple defends Shale, ok fine whatever, but then he jumps off of Meeple for this action, pretty much drops the case, and doesn't really pick up a new one or FoS anyone else for a while. Yet it still reads as if he remains somewhat suspicious of Meep.

After Dread Thomas throws his thoughts out there, though, Bardiche leaps upon them with what can only be described as savage glee, repeatedly hyping to us that it's fine to just go where some dead townie of questionable ability directs us (I believe 'getting yourself lynched apparently on purpose on day 1' counts as 'questionable'), and seems to use this as a way to jump over at QR on minor points (like not caring that Delta died, um, did *anyone*?). I'll admit he has something about her speculating over third party roles but not doing anything-

-take note, QR: scum, 3rd party, it's all good to us if we lynch them since their intentions aren't aligned with our own-

-but then calls that stuff minor, anyway, in lieu of going after Shale for lurking.

He seems to take his own mistakes rather harshly, which is weird when it really came down to a choice of word and not actual intent or content. It didn't seem like much of a reason to get all tense to me. In general I feel he hasn't really been adding to the cases floating around and rather just tagging on to whatever seems convenient at the time. What I find particularly troublesome is that he doesn't seem to present his votes/FOS's and cases and such with any confidence, either.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 08, 2008, 04:11:33 AM »
Was about to ask Jo'ou some stuff but he answered my question anyway. With that said, if you think I have some underlying power, should you not be, um, dropping a case on me right now, I don't really want to encourage this behaviour, but if you are a townie roleblocker, should you not be trying to hit scum, not just 'he might have a power!'

Which is kind of the point, I suspected you might have a scum power. Incomplete logic, however, and I'm sure you'll chew on me for it. But I feel I should be as clear as possible regarding my own move.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 08, 2008, 04:24:51 AM »
Current votecount:

Shale (3): Laggy, Jo'ou Ranbu, Carthrat

With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.

Mod's note: Given Shale's inactivity near the end of day two, he will modkilled if hasn't posted within twenty-four hours of this game-day's start (~9:30PM EST tomorrow).

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 08, 2008, 04:41:23 AM »

Oh, and I hardly was painting it such as pro-town. If anything, it was one of the possible points against him, for all that, as I read his original attack post, NEB listed some (at least the time) plausible reasons... but I'm still going to take some cues from our confirmed townies here (Meep and Tom, though Tom didn't directly list NEB as a suspect, just didn't believe in the case on Meeple at all) and at least watch him closely more, whether their suspicions turn out to be correct or not.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Mrrrffff. I was just going through the topic in an attempt to build up a case against a few people other than the obvious Shale, but nothing's really coming together for me right now. For the moment let's not go crazy with a Shaletrain, simply because if he is just bogged down in life it'd be pointless to use our lynch on him. That said, he'd better have some pretty solid contributions over the next day or so.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2008, 04:47:48 AM »
Ahoy-hoy!

Very sorry for the absence. Real life just ate me alive yesterday - I logged in once all day, for about three minutes - and I've been working, exercising or watching Doctor Who since I got home this evening.

Even considering real life, though, my lurkerdom through the first two days has been inexcusable by any reasonable standard. I'll put in all the effort I can today, but I can't blame anyone who wants to hold it against me.

I'm not ruling out Ashdla as a scumkill by any means. Like Laggy said, she was in the background, which makes for a pretty good target if you're just trying to whittle down town's numbers instead of killing the more helpful contributors. Not to mention that the other options are a trigger-happy townie vig (I'd hope we'd all know better by now), or a serial killer, in other words yet another third party.

I've managed to muddy the waters for myself, too (lovely), since I've put the scum in a damned good position to attack me by simple application of Lynch All Lurkers, and I can't argue that it isn't a valid argument. In fact, looking over the posts I missed yesterday, QR's comment that "I think we're past LAL" looks very off to me. Scum lurk when they can get away with it. Just look at my play in the anonymous game. Now, I know you're not scum defending a scumbuddy here, which makes me unsure of exactly why scum would argue that way, but it still feels off, and I'd still love to hear the thinking behind it.

General caution to everyone to treat yesterday as a mislynch for analysis purposes. Woo third party with uncertain win condition gone, yes. Better than a poke in the eye. But scum would still have thought he was a townie and argued accordingly.

The best thing about lynching Meeple, to me, is that his flip should be fairly revealing either way. Dude's been pretty polarizing and almost everyone's expressed an opinion, so ideally this will help us learn something or other.

The irony is awesome.

More within the hour, but I wanted to post something before this gets even worse.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2008, 05:33:37 AM »
Yay, new day.

First of all, even if Meeple isn't scum, I must say I feel some vindication at what he was. I figured Meeple was acting off, generally not posting thoughts that made sense as town, and whaddaya know, I was right. I'm a bit miffed to see some people suggesting that lynching Meeple was a bad thing, and even moreso by Laggy's bizarre assertation that he is somehow a "confirmed townie" (what? Meeple has NO REASON to advise town towards its success).

^_^ Sorry, I'm just not happy at the thought of having to defend myself from a dead Third Party.

Other things, mostly scattered thoughts:

-Yay, voting Rat! Too bad it's only a 50% roleblocker, since that's probably the best use I can think of for a town roleblocker really. (Trying to nail the scum killer in a game with a potential Vig seems really pointless.) This doesn't, of course, confirm Snow as town, but I hope he continues to report his Roleblock targets, since that helps. I can't say I've forgotten Snow's actions yesterday, for one, though I haven't yet seriously thought about top lynch candidates yet.

-Unshockingly, I pretty much second everything Rat says about Bard.

-No second kill. Bulletproof? Second roleblocker? Dare I suggest Rat as the vig/SK, since he was hit by the first roleblocker? No idea, really, we were promised some whacky roles, so I'm not inclined to take it tooo seriously. But it was a thought that crossed my mind.

-Shale finally posts. Yay! QR's comment... yeah, is a bit odd, would also like to see explanation. At least QR herself can't be accused of lurkerdom. Other than that, not much to make of his post yet, which means he needs to post a lot more today to shed that lurker tag.

Maybe.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2008, 05:40:43 AM »
First of all, even if Meeple isn't scum, I must say I feel some vindication at what he was. I figured Meeple was acting off, generally not posting thoughts that made sense as town, and whaddaya know, I was right. I'm a bit miffed to see some people suggesting that lynching Meeple was a bad thing, and even moreso by Laggy's bizarre assertation that he is somehow a "confirmed townie" (what? Meeple has NO REASON to advise town towards its success).

Meeple was self-aligned and pretty much resigned to his fate. There was no real reason to leave a post that detailed what he thought aside from trying to help town (unless he did it purely out of spite from being lynched, a possibility I don't really believe in, given that we've had -plenty- of Mafia games where third-party aligned people ended up playing pretty much protown. I would see a case if Meeple had accomplices, but he did not.

Nor am I saying that his lynch was, or is, a bad thing (after all, in the grand scheme of things, nontown is nontown) - just that whatever he had to say doesn't really make any sense if you blanket it as "he has no reason to help town!" Unless you think that his last post was actually all a ruse to try to throw us off and save him from being lynched. I guess. I'm taking it with a grain of salt and hardly gunning after you dead on, but I don't think at least making note of it is at all unreasonable.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 08, 2008, 05:47:59 AM »
Also, just to add a point - one of the things about Meeple being third-party is that, from scum's viewpoint, he was town (or at least nonscum) and as such they would have treated him as they would any other townie. Indeed, while Meeple's alignment and intents may or may not have not been conducted with a mindset intended to help town, scum hardly had foreknowledge of this to react appropriately. It would be just as easy for scum to gun after him as any other townie would have, so it doesn't say anything either way. (This is in reaction to dismissing everything Meep had to say as instant non-town third party - his actual content may not be really taken at face value, but the interaction around him? Certainly.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 08, 2008, 05:56:18 AM »
Oh, I agree that Meeple had resigned to his fate at that point. That was... kinda my general point. He doesn't win with town, and has no reason to cheer town on. His final post, well... why should it help town? Seemed to me more like lashing back at the people who had gotten him lynched (Andrew and I, in particular), and being vindictive in general.

I agree with the point about him being town as far as scum is concerned, unless they nailed him with a rolecop or something like that.

Maybe.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2008, 05:59:55 AM »
Eh, fair enough, and on hindsight that does make sense. I suppose I kneejerk against people (who have no reason to do so, i.e. not scum with buddies) wasting time lashing out on their last posts instead of being productive, but you do definitely have a point there.