Register

Author Topic: Suicide Squad Mafia, Game Over: Number the Dead  (Read 77076 times)

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
Re: Suicide Squad Mafia, Day Four: Don't Try Suicide (Just Gonna Hate It)
« Reply #575 on: July 13, 2008, 05:39:28 PM »
*cuddles to Bard*

Yeah, that was mean, I know.  We luvs you, promise!  But a scum's gotta do what a scum's gotta do!

And Laggy, do you not remember when I told you when you were over here that I lie like ze dog? ;)
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide Squad Mafia, Game Over: Number the Dead
« Reply #576 on: July 13, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »
Ohhhhhh I'm going to find a way to get back for that. Seriously. u_u

I am obviously way too nice in Mafia if I drew no heat at all and got scum-puppeted the entire game. Man.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 13, 2008, 05:42:29 PM »
Nice job, Strago.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Bardiche

« Reply #578 on: July 13, 2008, 05:43:01 PM »
You know what sucks? Rat saying, "I'll use every dirty trick in the book to stay alive" was the last drip.

I was already going the NEB/QR way (I've been damn vocal about this), and Corwin, mrf, he tricked me good.

Damn you guys. :P I knew I should've just pushed through for a QR lynch.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 13, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »
It was a very difficult situation for you, even believing that. You'd have to make a good argument that wouldn't push Shale onto our side.

Otherwise yeah. Seconding Laggy's hammer post generally. Don't take anything that happens in mafia personally. ^_^ We're just having fun. Hope you continue to play, honestly. As much as I find you infuriating at times. :p

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 13, 2008, 05:51:34 PM »
Strago, congrats, you felt off and lurkery all game but I couldn't make an easy case on you so....

Re: Tai, I honestly didn't aim for him with that post he cited as the reason of his hate, but generally the people who moved from Snow to Meeple day 2.

And today was so busy I didn't get a chance to post from work, and then it took me time to get home due to a traffic accident. Which probably saved me, too.

P.S.
Rat! We should play as a team again, we really do think alike~

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 13, 2008, 05:52:12 PM »
Cor: Shut up. :V
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Bardiche

« Reply #582 on: July 13, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
Hope you continue to play, honestly. As much as I find you infuriating at times. :p

After every game I say the next game is the last one. The only thing I take trouble with is the "BEFORE I GO, I MUST INFLICT AS MUCH MORALE DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE" some of the townies have.

But yeah, you COULD have thrown the lynch back on me if I tried to get one of you two lynched, because no one but me seemed to see the QR case Strago and I made.

Corwin, damn you. I gutjerked you to "playstyle". Which it was; Playstyle to WIN AT SCUM.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #584 on: July 13, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »
Ohhhhhh I'm going to find a way to get back for that. Seriously. u_u

I am obviously way too nice in Mafia if I drew no heat at all and got scum-puppeted the entire game. Man.

How about we settle it over a game of UNo.  *grin*
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 13, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
How about we settle it over a game of UNo.  *grin*

You may soon regret those words, because I have the power of CHINA on my side now.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 13, 2008, 06:00:03 PM »
YOU PEOPLE FAIL FOR NOT GOING AFTER COR IN DAY 4. That is all. ^_^

In spite of my breakdown, I actually had a ton of fun, particularly on day 3. It was pretty amusing, and I expected people would, you know, actually look over Corwin after he put his foot on the mud in his one-track pursuit (which I gleefully goaded. Yes, that was on purpose, I was being a bastard).

Also, Strago is always right. He was right about what I was trying to do, and he was right about the scumteam. Just really didn't matter for him anymore.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Bardiche

« Reply #587 on: July 13, 2008, 06:01:17 PM »
Next time I will try to be decisive, and erase this indecisive personality I have. :v I always worry about WHAT IF I-- so let's try and see how that works out.

Also, if there's anyone that wants to settle our indifferences over a game of Chinese chess, regular chess, scrabble (mmm, scrabble...) or what have you, PM me on IRC or here? :v This talk of fun games to do to settle Mafia differences appeals to me.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 13, 2008, 06:06:04 PM »
After every game I say the next game is the last one.

I say this to Rat after every mafia game, too.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 13, 2008, 06:07:06 PM »
You haven't said it yet
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Bardiche

« Reply #590 on: July 13, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »
After every game I say the next game is the last one.

I say this to Rat after every mafia game, too.

Will you play next game? I need a chance to get back at you.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 13, 2008, 06:08:48 PM »
Roles

Andy:

Black Thorn: You are Black Thorn, AKA Elizabeth Thorne, a compassionless killer for hire whose present target is a member of the Suicide Squad played by Corwin. You've infiltrated the team's home base to make sure that your target is dutifully interred--only to find the team succumbing to internal strife and an unknown cabal of murderers lurking amongst them. You don't know which side of the internecine fighting your target is on, and it doesn't matter: you are a Lyncher and cannot achieve victory unless your target is killed before you are.

Your prowess at tracking and murdering unsuspecting victims also makes you a Vigilante. You may attempt to kill one player during each night phase if you choose to do so. You cannot pierce bulletproof status (if such a role exists in the game).

Of course, since you're not actually part of the Squad, using an alternate identity would be advisable in order to allay suspicion: try that of Black Orchid (AKA Susan Linden-Thorne, funny how those parallels work out). Adopting a team member's identity functionally places your survival with the Squad's, of course, which means that--

You win with the Town (well, as long your target's dead).

Standard vig--with an extra win condition attached.

-

Snow:

Count Vertigo: You are Count Vertigo, AKA Count Werner Vertigo (yes, that's actually your name). Last living heir to the throne of a tiny, fictional eastern European country called Vlatava, you were trained by the KGB as an assassin during the Cold War. Oh yes, you're also extravagantly bipolar. It's a pretty eclectic package, overall. As your name suggests, you can render foes incapacitated with dizziness, and you also have some capacity for flight.

You are a Roleblocker. You may choose to target one player during the night phase; if said player has a power role, any attempt to use it during that night will fail (passive roles will simply be negated for the night and the following day). However, due to your crippling manic-depression, you have a 50% chance of just being too god-damned depressed to do anything. You will be notified of your status at the end of each game-day.

You win with the Town.

Snow probably did the best thing he could with this role by blocking Carthrat. Not that letting him vote was Snow's intent.

-

Carthrat:

Doctor Light: You are Doctor Light, AKA Arthur Light, perennial failure villain. Despite possessing enough firepower to burn a hole through a human being's torso, you are a coward and almost totally ineffectual in a fight. You are a dweeb; no one likes you and no one listens to you.

This makes you Voteless. Talk all you want, but you can't make a concrete contribution to the votecount beyond convincing other players to adopt your point of view. You are free to explain this fact to your fellow players, but whether they'll believe you is another matter altogether. Look on the bright side, though: with this powerlessness comes the knowledge that everyone else in the game is more special than you. That's good for something...right?

You win with the Town.

My apologies for what's probably the cruelest role in the game. I'm sure this is karma for PR Mafia in some manner.

Yes, Rat was pure voteless and nothing else. I expected some metagaming based off this. I didn't expect people to totally ignore Tai's confirmation that Rat was purely voteless. What the hell?

-

Ashdla:

Enchantress: You are The Enchantress, AKA June Moon, a mild-mannered woman possessed by an evil spirit bearing a suspicious resemblance to the Wicked Witch of the West. All the powers of the occult are at your command--though considerably restrained in order to keep your sadistic alter-ego from going on a killing spree. Given this, you have only one ability at your disposal:  

You are a Power Detector. You can scan one other player during each night phase and determine whether or not they have a power role--but not what it is. Anyone possessing a power role will scan as Positive; vanilla players (regardless of alignment) will scan as Negative.

You win with the Town.

Mostly useless. For the record, only Excal would've scanned as vanilla.

-

Excal:

Javelin: You are Javelin, AKA...uh, real name unknown, as it turns out. Actually a pretty minor figure in the comics, your only demonstrated gimmick was...throwing Javelins. Wowsers. Wikipedia informs me that you were a German Olympic athlete prior to turning to a life of crime. This makes your role title unintentionally apt, as it turns out (I chose the role title before doing my research).

Your power role is Illinois Nazi. You are not from Illinois. You are not a Nazi. And actually, you don't have any useful powers at all. But you do have a wacky title that'll make people go WTF on seeing the cardflip in the event of your death, so that's something. Hey, there are worse fates than being an unnecessary Blues Brothers reference. Trust me.

You win with the Town.

Yes, he was the only pure vanilla player in the game, despite the wacky role name.

-

EvilTom:

Mindboggler: You are Mindboggler, AKA Leah Wasserman, a punk amnesiac with a stylin' 80's mohawk and a knack for projecting illusions. Unfortunately, you were betrayed and killed on the Suicide Squad's first outing in the comics, so your power role has nothing to do with your talents as an illusionist.

Instead, you are a Zombie. If you are killed in the game, you may still make one post per game-day afterwards, although you cannot cast a vote after you're killed. There is no intrinsic limit to the size or content of your daily post (as long as you don't quote your role PM, obviously).

You win with the Town.

Standard deathspeaker, basically. I'm not sure why Tom took it upon himself to get lynched day one.

-

Laggy:

Nightshade: You are Nightshade, AKA Eve Eden. An exile from a demon-infested parallel dimension, you control darkness itself and can teleport from one location to another at will.

You are a Shadow. During the night phase, you can choose to vanish from the game altogether; the text for the next game-day's start will simply state that you disappeared and provide no further explanation for you being inactive (you will even be removed the list of active players in the opening post, without a cardflip happening). You cannot post or vote while you are gone, and you cannot return until the next night phase (though you can choose to stay vanished for multiple consecutive days if you wish). However, as long as you are gone, you also cannot be targeted by night actions (neither on the night you leave nor the night you return) and you cannot be voted for. Whether this is worth not being able to post or vote at all yourself is your decision. Aside from the dubious worth of a role that makes you temporarily unable to play the game, you should also take note of the fact that, as long as you are gone, the amount of votes needed for a lynch (and, therefore, a scum victory) will be adjusted accordingly.

You win with the Town.

No, I didn't actually expect this ability to be used.

-

Shale:

Oracle: You are Oracle, AKA Barbara Gordon. Yes, the Barbara Gordon from Batman, daughter of Commissioner Gordon, and formerly Batgirl. Sometime in the eighties DC decided you were expendable and let Alan Moore write a storyline in which the Joker shot and crippled you from the waist down, more or less just as a trigger to make Batman really, really pissed off. Fortunately, you didn't languish in obscurity thereafter: other writers decided to reinvent you as a techie serving a number of super-teams (such as the Suicide Suqad in its later years).

As such, you are an Elite hax0r. If you choose to do so, you may press the Delete button during the night phase. You may do this only one time throughout the game. It might do something helpful, or it might not. There's really only one way to find out.

You win with the Town.

Pressing delete imposed a word limitation on Zombie Tom. Pretty much useless, if not harmful to town.

-

Ciato/Taishyr:

Poison Ivy: You are Poison Ivy, AKA Pamela Lillian Isley. Yes, the Batman villainess with an affinity for plants. I think this one's famous enough that I can dodge the flavor text, no?

You are a Lie Detector. Each night phase, you may select one game post of your choice in which a player roleclaimed and submit it to the mod. You will be told whether the roleclaim is True, False, or Partially True (I.E., the player has the role stated, but it is not their only one). Note that you will receive no information about the player's alignment or nameclaim--the Lie Detector ability only applies to information regarding the player's stated power role. This means it's functionally useless if no one's roleclaimed, yes.

You win with the Town. P.S.: Please please please don't avatar Uma Thurman.

Turned out more useful than I expected...and then no one listened to the results even after the flip. What.

-

Bardiche:

Ravan: You are Ravan, AKA...actually, that's your real name. Go figure. A follower of the old Thugee sect (remember those creepy cultists in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? Those guys,) you believe that each human sacrifice you make staves off the onset of the age of chaos for another thousand years. An assassin and a former terrorist operative, you were recruited by the Squad after your defeat at their hands. And really, working for an Arab dictator or the United States...it's all the same to you, just as long as you can keep killing. Your living quarters were once described thusly: "Part playboy mansion, part shrine to Kali. And that tells you pretty much all you need to know about Ravan." And, well, it pretty much does.

You are a Conditional Multivoter. Every time you participate in a successful lynch train (I.E., your vote must be on the person being lynched at the end of the day; if you voted for the lynchee earlier in the day but subsequently unvoted, then it doesn't count), your voting power permanently increases by one. It doesn't matter whether the killed player is town or scum; you simply have to contribute to their death. Any extra votes you accrue will appear as Anonymous on the votecount. You cannot choose to not use your extra votes; they will automatically be applied to whichever player your vote rests upon.

You win with the Town.

Self-explanatory, I think.

-

Delta:

The Thinker: You are The Thinker, AKA Cliff Carmichael, a cyberpunk sociopath gifted with powers of mind-control via the implantation of computer chips. Of course, your powers were dialed down a bit to keep you in check once you joined the Squad, and what you can actually do right now is somewhat limited.

Thus, your powers are limited to being a Messenger. Each night, you can telepathically send a message of twenty-five words or less to another player of your choice, who can respond in kind if they wish. Send your message to the mod (me) each night phase and it will be passed on to the target of your choice. It will be delivered anonymously; if you wish the other player to know who you are, this information must be included in the text of your message.

You win with the town.

---

OK:

Deadshot: You are Deadshot, AKA Floyd Lawton. A minor Batman villain, you had a privileged upbringing similar to that of your old nemesis but chose to pursue a life of crime basically just for the kicks. You are a whiz with any kind of firearm and quickly became the Squad's gunner par excelance once you were recruited. However, being the product of a deeply twisted family, you also wound up with a wide variety of emotional problems including but not limited to total lack of empathy for your fellow man, reckless behavior, and a (sometimes very active) death wish.

Given this, it shouldn't be much surprise that you are a self-aligned Jester. Your win condition is simple: get lynched and go out in a blaze of glory. If you succeed in bringing this about, everyone else fights for second place thereafter. How you go about ensuring that this happens is your own decision, but keep in mind that inactivity will earn you a modkill just as it would for any other player. You do not win if you are nightkilled, so tread carefully.

I was really disappointed to see OK get killed night one (I wanted to see more of that craziness--but I guess other people filled in for him soon enough).

-

Strago:

Duchess: You are Duchess, AKA Lashina. Born and raised on Apokolips, brutal and barren home of Darkseid (the DCU's big baddie), you follow a simple philosophy: rank goes to those who can take it by force and the weak exist only to be ground underfoot. This served you well for a long time. Unfortunately, a failed mission left you stranded on Earth, and you're now killing time with the Squad until you can figure out a way to get back home. This doesn't mean you care about them, of course--quite the opposite. As long as you survive to the end of the game, it doesn't matter which faction achieves the formal victory. This means that you are a Survivor. Your win condition is simply to live; manipulate the other players in whatever manner you believe suits this goal.

Your superhuman physique renders you nearly impervious to harm. Thus, you are also Bulletproof. You cannot be brought down by a single individual and need not fear nightkills. Of course, you'll still fall to a lynch mob.

Meeple:

Major Victory: You are Major Victory, AKA William Vickers, former field leader of a (rather ridiculous, really) outfit called the Force of July, hyper-patriotic to the point of self-parody and populated with rabid hawks plucked right from the depths of the Cold War. Things went okay for a few years; you were protecting the nation from communists and traitors! And then the rest of your team got massacred and the government decided to stick you with the outfit responsible for killing them. Brilliant move, huh? Needless to say, you're not very enamored of your new teammates. Half of them are career criminals and the rest are complicit in murdering your comrades.

Thus, you are a self-aligned Survivor: your only goal is to live until the end of the game. It doesn't matter whether Town or Scum claims the formal victory; you can escape in the confusion as they mop up the last of the other side. However, because of your status as a former enemy of the Squad, and your noted resentment at simply being placed in their company, others will treat you with suspicion: you are also a Miller and will read Scum to cops.

Miller in a game with no cops. Yeah.

---

Corwin:

Amanda Waller: You are Amanda Waller. You administer the Suicide Squad from Belle Reve prison in Louisiana. An overweight black woman might not be the typical comic-book lead but, well, Suicide Squad wasn't a typical comic. You run the Squad with an iron fist and tolerate no dissent from those under your command.

Thing is? You're not really Amanda Waller. You're actually...EVIL CLONE WALLER. Identical to the original in every way, except that your mission is to eliminate the Suicide Squad. This means two things: you are the Godmother, and will read Town to cops; you are also Bulletproof and will not fall to nightkills. Both of these traits remain in effect even if you yourself go out on the nightkill.

You win with the Scum.

BE WARNED: You've received intel suggesting that one other player in this game is out to kill you specifically. You don't know who it is or even their aligment, so be on the lookout for this individual. It's up to you whether or not you need to share this information with your scumbuddies.

NOTE: Although it's not necessary for your scumbuddies to have cover identities, anyone with the slightest knowledge of the flavor will likely make some kind of inference upon seeing Waller in the game. If you ever decide to claim , you may wish to do so as Shade, the Changing Man, as this character possessed a forcefield which would fit with your bulletproof ability.

Godfather in a game with no cops. Yeah. Bulletproof was functionally irrelevant since I figured Andy was likely to assume the person he had to kill was bulletproof and never try to NK them (which turned out to be accurate).

-

QuietRain:

Captain Boomerang: You are Captain Boomerang, AKA George "Digger" Harkness, an Australian career criminal seemingly beyond redemption. Rude to your teammates, insulting to everyone else, a hopeless letch and devoted to nothing but your own greed...Which is actually the only reason you're aiding the conspiracy to wipe out the rest of the team, actually: Waller paid you great gobs of money to do it.

You are a Mad Pieman. During each night phase, you must choose one player who voted for you during the preceding day and hit them with a pie. This does nothing, but it is hilarious. If no one voted for you during the preceding day, you don't have to throw a pie but may still do so if you wish (your target can be freely chosen from the roster of living players). Unless you specify otherwise, the default flavor of the pie will be custard.

You win with the Scum.

HOWEVER. You are also a Politician. You delight in provoking outrageous reactions from others and, should you accumulate the highest number of votes in the game and survive, you win to the exclusion of all others. It's your choice whether or not you wish to mention this your scumbuddies, who have only been told that you are a Mad Pieman.

Politician angle proved too daunting for Qr to pursue (understandable!)

-

NEB:

Manhunter: You are Manhunter, AKA Mark Shaw, a freelance bounty hunter sometimes employed by the Squad. Your present contract asks you to...help eliminate the Squad, actually.

You've taken up residence in the office of Belle Reve's chief of security. You have access to the prison's internal surveillance devices and can use them to follow the actions of one player during each night phase. You are a Watcher/Tracker, and you will know who your target acts against as well as whoever acts against them that night.

You win with the Scum.

The only genuinely useful role on the scum side, I think.

---

Night actions forthcoming.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 06:21:14 PM by El Cideon »

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 13, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »
Night actions

Night 1:

Andy: Kill Delta (success).
Ashdla: Scan OK (result: not vanilla).
Ciato: Lie detector on Carthrat roleclaim (result: true).
Corwin: Does nothing.
Deltaflyer2k8: Message Bardiche (received and responded).
Elfboy: Watch OK (sees Ashdla and QR target him).
Jo'ou Ranbu: Depressed, can't act.
Laggy: Does nothing.
QuietRain: Throw pie at OK (flavor: Prozac-laced pecan). Kill OK (success).
Shale: Does nothing.

Night 2:

Andy: Does nothing.
Ashdla: Scan Carthrat
Taishyr: Lie detector on Snow roleclaim (result: true).
Corwin: Does nothing.
Elfboy: Watch Snow (sees Tai target him, sees Snow target Rat).
Jo'ou Ranbu: Roleblock Carthrat (success).
QuietRain: Throw pie at Carthrat (flavor: banana cream). Kill Ashdla (success).
Shale: Does nothing.

Night 3:

Andy: Kill Excal (success).
Corwin: Kill Andy (success)
Elfboy: Watch Excal (sees Andy target him).
QuietRain: Throw pie at Andy (flavor: rhubarb).
Shale: Presses Delete button.

Night 4: Scum kill Bard (nothing else matters).

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 13, 2008, 06:28:37 PM »
Yeah.  Good fun overall. 

I had this long, elaborate plan to play the game, and it was actually working ;_;

1) Start normally - vote joke, lalala.

2) Go through some type of insanity breakdown and make up a role restriction.  People ate this one up.

3) Act normally throughout, and hopefully get lynched at the end.

I let drop the part about wanting to die because I was expecting people to over-read that - "Hey, he's asking to die, so he must be hoping not to be lynched or something".  I kept it vauge by not mentioning lynching because I wanted to stave off a night kill as well.  I was hoping to stick it out and cause havok with my 'role restriction' (which I was going to pull certain words and phrases as an insanity trigger and note them if asked), and either get lynched early (for causing a mess so much) or lynched at the end (when I had done nothing the whole game, so I'd be a good safe LYLO lynch - people wouldn't suspect a Jester of doing that!).  Sadly, I was killed anyway ;_; 

I was hoping I'd be investigated (which I was!), and that would help push the lynch for me later.  Goddamnit QR ;_;

Otherwise, I was right - always kill Corwin first no matter what.  Damn him and QR for being unreadable to me. 

Good fun, good times.  Wish I lived longer, but I think I caused enough of a mess to help town lose, so I call 2nd place here!  >_>
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 13, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »
You haven't said it yet

I'm never playing another mafia game.  :(

Will you play next game? I need a chance to get back at you.

Sure, I guess.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 13, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »
You can blame QR, yes; she wanted to kill you. Decided your ability reminded her too much of her own.

Besides that, we nailed Ash because I saw her night 1 and figured she was the cop, and Andy because he seemed like he might have some sort of power role. Watched OK to try and see cops/vigs, Snow ditto, Excal because we also suspected he might have a role and I wanted to choose a target I could defend in a roleclaim if need be.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 13, 2008, 06:46:16 PM »
Seconding bafflement at Cor not being a lightning rod for criticism on day four. Just...what.

Strago is totally awesome for fakeclaiming on LYLO (presumably to avoid attention from the debate that would ensue over whether or not him and Cor could have the same ability) and guessing the scum team right in the same post.

But where did the bile come from, people? I mean...yikes. Days two and three were just bloody vicious. What happened? I have to admit, I'm glad this game is over.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 13, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »
Your power role is Illinois Nazi. You are not from Illinois. You are not a Nazi. And actually, you don't have any useful powers at all. But you do have a wacky title that'll make people go WTF on seeing the cardflip in the event of your death, so that's something. Hey, there are worse fates than being an unnecessary Blues Brothers reference. Trust me.

That is so awesome, I wish I had that role.  :/

Yes, Rat was pure voteless and nothing else. I expected some metagaming based off this. I didn't expect people to totally ignore Tai's confirmation that Rat was purely voteless. What the hell?

The speculation that Rat, while powerless, could've been a scum on a kill (and gotten blocked) doesn't seem so strange. It doesn't really interfere with Tai's confirmation, either.

BE WARNED: You've received intel suggesting that one other player in this game is out to kill you specifically. You don't know who it is or even their aligment, so be on the lookout for this individual. It's up to you whether or not you need to share this information with your scumbuddies.

I love the irony in the only kill that I made being the person trying to kill me. And I didn't share it with the other scum pretty much because it was a useless bit of info that could only do harm (i.e. have them know of it in advance and react accordingly).

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 13, 2008, 06:51:35 PM »
Hahaha. Man, I cannot believe that I actually won. I was massively distracted for most of the game -- hence my absurd bouts of lurkitude -- and really didn't play up to my potential.

I felt pretty sure at the beginning of Day 3 that a scum win was my ticket to victory, and during Day 4 that was obviously on my mind. Ironically, however, I was way off on my reads of people; in actuality I really did think that QR and Elfboy were town, which is why I gunned for them. Corwin I'd had pegged since Day 3 or so, mostly a gut call, and then we he claimed Bulletproof I felt sure that he was the Godmother, so I didn't go after him. Thought the scum team was him, Carthrat and Bardiche, by the final Day. I guess it's good that the game so suddenly wrapped itself up this morning when I wasn't around, since it meant I didn't have a chance to stick my foot in something stupid. Heh.

El Cid: Did I guess the scum team correctly? I forgot that, since I, uh, hadn't even meant to do so, given that I was basically playing for scum at that point. But yes, the fakeclaim felt necessary after Cor's claim.

I was also taken aback by all the anger, but that's been true in several mafia games I've played in. Don't know why this one was so virulent.

Anyway, nice win, scum. You deserve it more than I do. ^_^

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 13, 2008, 06:59:29 PM »
Tai had his circumstances, Rat and I reacted (and Rat was already frustrated, while I myself was the target of the attack) badly, Snow was trying to goad me by his own admission, and delta is ...idk.