Author Topic: Suicide Squad Mafia, Game Over: Number the Dead  (Read 77071 times)

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide Squad Mafia, Game Over: Number the Dead
« Reply #600 on: July 13, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »
And I just realized, I was totally right about Tom. He lied day 1 as town again for no gain.  :/

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 13, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »
Yeah. Stop doing that, Tom.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 13, 2008, 07:18:51 PM »
I don't really get the anger myself. (And didn't feel any of it myself. Not sure if any posts make it look like I did? If so, apologies.) It's just a game; have fun with it.

Heh, Strago, I was wondering what your mentality was as soon as you flipped in the aftergame. Interesting to see I was right about your attack being off.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 13, 2008, 07:29:04 PM »
El Cid: Did I guess the scum team correctly?

Yes.  You called out the entire scum faction, spot on.  As did Tai, shortly after leaving the game.  Hilarious.

-----------

Not to put a damper on things, but this was in many ways the worst game the DL's had yet, and I hope a lot of the stuff that went down this game never goes down again.  Co-modding this was exceptionally painful; since Cid was almost never here, nearly every player in the game vented their frustrations at me constantly, while I could neither say anything back to them or do anything about their concerns.  

- Timeliness and deadlines.  This game would have heavily benefitted from having, say, 72 hour days.  Less walls of text, which turned a lot of people off.  Less "Hold on, nobody vote until we hash out every single issue ten million times."  (Whatever it is, you can talk about it the next game day!)

- Raging and personal attacks.  I am appalled.  These are inexcusable, they got way, way, WAY out of hand and out of line.   Had I been main mod, Tai, Rat, Corwin and Snow would have been out instantly for the level of hostility displayed here.  I think we can all grasp why this is bad.

- Players quitting, and in spectacular fashion.  If you can't or don't want to play, DON'T SIGN UP.  If you do sign up, respect your commitment.  Replacements past early day 1 are unfair to everyone else, and modkills aren't fun either.  They're very much preferable to keeping disruptive players in the game, though.  

I wasn't kidding about wanting to modkill half the living players at one point.  In addition to nipping nasty arguments in the bud, it might've actually given town a chance.  As things turned out, scum had a guaranteed win, just because they got lucky and all the people who imploded were on town's side.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 13, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »
Yeah, I definitely find myself in agreement with Alex on this one. It was a weird game, and I hope we'll all try not to let that sort of play happen again.

Bardiche

« Reply #605 on: July 13, 2008, 08:00:50 PM »
z_z I thought it was standard issue for any townie getting lynched to wreak as much damage to town's morale as possible here on RPGDL.

Mrf. Let's hope Barkley Mafia will be fun, and after that Mia and I get to do CODE TRAINWRECK MAFIA. Which will probably be enlightening due to no role madness/no role heavy. fufufu~

(seriously though, I want to see a Mafia with just Cop/Doc/Scum again, or screw the Cop and Doc and just do Town and Scum.)

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 13, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »
That's a total exaggeration considering the heated feelings after (and during), say, Vampire or Touhou, just to name a couple games.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 13, 2008, 08:16:48 PM »
Killed Delta for the obvious reasons.

Skipped the night kill 2 because I couldn't come up with anyone who I really felt was a viable target.

Killed Excal for some earlier concerns I had.

Indeed, I never even considered trying to kill Corwin because I figured there was no way in hell it could be that easy. Never really  got comfortable with a case on him before I died, either.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 13, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »
Huh, strange. I was really curious the entire game, and I considered Laggy since day 3, but not you.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 13, 2008, 08:32:20 PM »
Sadly, I got stuck trying to worry more about scum than my target, for all that they ended up being the same. You just flew right under my radar.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 13, 2008, 08:59:11 PM »
I think i prefer living, you know. Ill be more co-operative next game as our mafia (DS mafia) has basically just... broken.
Do I really look like I have a clue?

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 13, 2008, 10:07:16 PM »
Interesting game. My best friend had surgery during Day 2, and I wanted to be around her without having that looming over my head all the time (and I was a little worried since she looked awful) so I decided that real life was simply a priority over trying not to die in Mafia. I think that the playstyle here just encourages an unreal amount of time investment and it's one that is hard for me to justify meeting normally without extra things going on, which is why I decided to quit while I was ahead.

The shame is that none of the things went town's way in the entire game pretty much, and everyone seemed to have blinders to Corwin's playstyle pretty much directly reflecting his playstyles of his scummy days past. I don't think I'd have caught all the scum, but after a certain point it was dead obvious that Corwin was trying to incite Tai which to me is going to garner my vote. Elfboy and QR's playstyles are much more laid-back so I'm not sure if I would have caught them, it's hard for me to go back and say obviously. When I found out who the scum were I was pretty sure that town was pretty much done for since there were too many people in there who made things too easy for the scum.

Also I think that scum having the most powerful role in the game is rather ridiculous. Honestly the setup feels extremely not designed for a town win in general, since there weren't a lot of resources at their disposal. Basically only a vig and some other roles of dubious worth, and there were -three- ITPs, one that was immune to the vig! I mean seriously, what.

I kept track of the game pretty well once things got sane again (and was rooting for scum to win, since I really didn't feel like I was part of the town since I dropped the game) and it was kind of painful to watch and I was really glad I wasn't playing. I was pretty nervous there in the last portions because Bard was going "I don't know why I want to vote for you but I do!!" and I wanted to give him a good ol' fashioned beating from the Internet despite not playing in the game anymore. <_<
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Bardiche

« Reply #612 on: July 13, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
: ( Don't beat me up, me loves you long time.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 13, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »
Well, keep in mind that NEB and I are in cahoots.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 13, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »
Also I think that scum having the most powerful role in the game is rather ridiculous. Honestly the setup feels extremely not designed for a town win in general, since there weren't a lot of resources at their disposal. Basically only a vig and some other roles of dubious worth, and there were -three- ITPs, one that was immune to the vig! I mean seriously, what.

Scum having a watcher/tracker isn't so hot given that the vast majority of town roles don't do anything threatening in the first place. The only thing that really would've been a coup is catching Andy in the act, and they killed him before they even knew he was the vig. Really, the whole idea behind the game was making reliance on power roles pointless at best.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: July 13, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
Strangely enough, Ciato, that really wasn't the intent (to incite Tai into some kind of implosion). Glad you rooted for us, sorry RL didn't let you keep on playing. Maybe next time~

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 13, 2008, 10:27:29 PM »
Indeed! Well, I kind of thought it was. Ah well. <_<

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 14, 2008, 01:01:03 AM »
And I just realized, I was totally right about Tom. He lied day 1 as town again for no gain.  :/
Pfft, did not lie. Everything I said was true. Not my fault I had a funky role :P
And the gain was, I got lynched instead of the Jester. Yeah, I totally meant for that to happen >.>
Though I was glad to be able to confirm Shale's roleclaim in LYLO.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #618 on: July 14, 2008, 01:06:43 AM »
Tom, forcing town to waste a lynch on you when you could just as easily have had us scum NK you instead makes no sense.  When you know you're town, you don't waste your side's lynch on yourself for the simple goal of reducing your own posts to just 1 a day.  If you'd made us waste a NK on you, you'd have been much better off and your credibility wouldn't be shot to dirt.  Just saying.
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #619 on: July 14, 2008, 01:50:33 AM »
Not to put a damper on things, but this was in many ways the worst game the DL's had yet

Hooray, I'm off the hook!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 14, 2008, 05:33:41 AM »
Pfft yeah, getting lynched was totally my aim.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 14, 2008, 06:48:36 AM »
You do realize this was a major reason for the town's loss, right? Hardly the sole one, but yeah.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 14, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »
Whoa, deja vu.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 14, 2008, 07:38:09 AM »
Fuck you Corwin.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 14, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »
Not sure I'd say major given he almost ceased to be a factor after Day 1, but yeah...  Tom, I do have to ask, what was your purpose with that needless roleclaim followed up by being generally useless?  The only reason we went with you was that you didn't feel like you wanted to die as much as OK did.  And honestly, given the way I seem to pick up awesome scumdar when I die, I'd fucking kill to get that zombie power.  Hell...  I'd kill to get Rat's power.

On a side note, good game to scum.  Just because town played badly doesn't mean they didn't play well.  Corwin should have been lynched, but got a good mislynch train going for two days before heavy suspicion fell on him.  The Elf used his role exceptionally well.  And QR, just blindsided me.  I remember being a bit stunned when I heard she was scum.