Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 18  (Read 10459 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 18
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »
Ok!

Been doing some research into this. Upshot is I forgot just how broken Covenant is. Searching through my old files I found a save with Yuri L22 and Lucia L24 (yes because I'd been using her in my party more and not Yuri omgs!) Anyway it was a save before Night Queen/Idar Flamme/End of disc one Apiona tower which is midgame to me. So the save was before midgame as far as I can tell.

Lucia (plenty of MP 290+)

*Ocean Oil
*Misty Oil
*Grass Oil
*Night Oil

*Bunch of useless tarot cards ( here anyway! Probably too risky. I use them in game though. I'm generally quite lucky) - Pity these are handicapped otherwise they'd have been pretty good with tricks like reducing MP costs, restoring MP, making enemies skip turns, etc >.>)

*Crests - Well she had a bunch of crests on that I must have been using as her set up. Problem is I don't remember what her starting crest is nor what spells it comes with. Dyher may know though. If it comes with a dark based elemental spell like I think it does that's good because it means Lucia can let off some offence whilst aromathary is in effect.

For super here's exactly what all those oils do -

Ocean x Misty -  Small HP recovery only when used
Ocean x Grass -  Small HP recovery (1 turn)
Ocean x Night - Medium HP recovery (1 turn)

Misty x Ocean - Protects against status effects (1 turn)
Misty x Grass - Protects against ring abnormalities for two turns - Omg! ;p
Misty x Night - - Protects against status effects (3 turns)

Grass x Ocean -  Medium boost to P-DEF (3 turns)
Grass x  Misty - Medium boost boost to S-DEF (3 turns)
Grass x Night - Small boost to P-DEF (3 turns)

Night x Ocean - Small MP recovery (1 turn)
Night x Misty - Small MP recovery (2 turns)
Night x Grass - Small MP recovery (1 turn)

Yuri

*All L1 fusions (fire, earth, wind, water, dark, light)
*Amon (!!)

I had soul energy in stock so I went to the graveyard and came out with three L2 fusions *and* enough left to teach Amon Mind/Body Revival. Then I checked my inventory just to see if it was viable to have any soul drops by this point because I couldn't remember and found I actually had two of them >.> So Yuri could actually access L3 fusions <.<

So potentially for this floor Yuri has -

*All L1 fusions (fire, earth, wind, water, dark, light)
*Three L2 fusions (recommended Light - Revival, Fire - Energy Charge, Dark - Mind Assault)
* Two L3 fusions for stat boosts
* Amon (w/th Mind Body Revival)

Depends what you allow him personally.

People might think wtf Yuri shouldn't have Amon or L3 fusions this early but it happens in the game, that's just how broken, cheap and easy SH2 is o-o

According to Tonfa Dancer had by floor 2-

Blind
Silence
Slow
Sleep

Add a dance of your choice (Haste, Stop or Cancan) this floor!?

*Eiko ... not sure how much elemental protection Snow expects her to have but a brief check of basic equipment brought up things like 50% reduced Water damage (Headgear, Glass Amulet), 50% reduced Thunder damage (Silk Shirt), 50% reduced Fire damage (Adaman Vest), etc. Pretty sure that's all earlier disc stuff that can be picked up before Eiko joins.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:38:24 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
The dances for each floor are listed in the Dungeon masterlist topic. To be nice and not force you to look it up this time:

Floor 1

Darkness Dance (Blind)
Samba of Silence (Silence)
All stat up songs

Floor 2:

Slow Dance (Slow)
Sleepy Shuffle (Sleep)

Floor 3:

Carnival Cancan (Doubles mHP, heals 25% of original mHP)
Brakedance (Stop)
Jitterbug (Haste)
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 01:31:30 PM »
Status protection/MP restoration? While I'm not sure I see you to that point yet, that.. is more than enough for the floor. Team Tranquil passes, see my vote for details.

Edit: Didn't know that Tonfa, thanks. Songstress needs to be bumped up half a point at least, I think. And Lucia as well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:33:28 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 02:02:52 PM »
Dungeon master list topic? o-o Where is this mysterious headquarters?~

Super if you need any more convincing about the status thing, Misty and Ocean are Lucia's default oils. She'll definitely be able to protect someone against death for at least a turn that way.

Note about Eiko * Magic Racket teaches Mini and Mythril Racket Reflect, I'm not sure if either racket is available before Eiko though but I think at least one is because I remember buying some kind or racket when Dagger was the onscreen character. Either spell would help but the team can get by without them anyway as your analysis shows.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:04:51 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »
I'm sure about the oils, not sure about the levels/Amon for Yuri. It doesn't matter, you should win this floor fairly easily now.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 02:44:46 PM »
It was nice getting an exact rundown of what all the characters in a team could do at this point in the dungeon. This needs to happen more fully and more often.

The comments are all over the place this week. ^_^ cool.

After getting the rundown, I definitely see Team Tranquil as passing through floor 3. The FFX fight seems like less of a problem now that I know about Yuri2's potential and the nice status protections from Lucia's aromatherapy.

Tonfa's team... damn, he's REALLY close. What even happens if he beats this floor? Credits roll, 'you are super player'? I'm almost entirely sure he dies to the PS4 team, though. Abstain.

Tide's team? My Garnet durability respect is probably higher than it should be, but I definitely see her pulling his team through this floor. Pass.

-Djinn

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 04:00:39 PM »
It was nice getting an exact rundown of what all the characters in a team could do at this point in the dungeon. This needs to happen more fully and more often.

It usually isn't that easy since some people have debates as to when certain things are legal for the floors!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »
*Eiko ... not sure how much elemental protection Snow expects her to have but a brief check of basic equipment brought up things like 50% reduced Water damage (Headgear, Glass Amulet), 50% reduced Thunder damage (Silk Shirt), 50% reduced Fire damage (Adaman Vest), etc. Pretty sure that's all earlier disc stuff that can be picked up before Eiko joins.

She can't wall Holy at this point and non-elemental magic ever, which is essentially the stuff that's going to make Eiko cry in this floor.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 12:38:29 AM »
I suppose a few extra notes should be considered about Lucia's oils:

1)  They don't affect her.

This gets really apparent in long fights where she's used a lot, so she doesn't benefit from the status protection (with their defense options?) or the MP regeneration (this might be important).  They're kinda like Ricardo's songs, in a sense.

2)  No more than one can be active at a time, and another cannot be used while one is still active.

Not really *that* big of a problem, since Lucia will only be using the oils to cover what the team needs at the time.  Still, it should probably be noted that she can't cover the team with status protection, increased defense, and MP regen all at once.  At least, not right now.

That said, I'm abstaining on all three for now.  I'm not confident enough to deal with Tide's nor Tonfa's matches, nor awake enough to puzzle out Tranquil's.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 11:34:16 AM »
Thanks Djinn~

1)  They don't affect her.

They do on this floor!

ST and targetable. I love Neph's dungeon~

2)  No more than one can be active at a time, and another cannot be used while one is still active.

Not really *that* big of a problem, since Lucia will only be using the oils to cover what the team needs at the time.  Still, it should probably be noted that she can't cover the team with status protection, increased defense, and MP regen all at once.  At least, not right now.

Nah I don't think anyone thinks she does. She shouldn't have to anyway, Eiko has Protect and Shell and Yuri's L1's come with an assortment of spells like Barrier, Shield, Mirage, etc.

I should point out that I could have obtained Yuri's L2 Light fusion long ago on my old SHC file, I'd had enough soul energy for a while. It only costs 60 soul energy to upgrade to a level 2 fusion (40 for the first - that's 100 total) The fact that I hadn't upgraded to it was because of me being lazy and not regularly visiting the graveyard to upgrade Yuri on account of not using him in my main party on that file. Kind of amusing that I had Amon though but hadn't bothered to upgrade my fusions beyond L1 >.>

Been thinking again and recalling just how much there is to come in Covenant yet. Disc two alone still has plenty of storyline plots and places to go. So I feel justified in saving end of disc one is midgame and that my save (Gallery of the Dead) is just before midgame. SHC is a huge game. I definitely recommend people to play it if they haven't already =-)

Something interesting I discovered that I forgot to mention yesterday (don't know if it's even relevant to this floor but still!) - whilst testing in battle on my old Covenant file (seeing if Yuri had enough SP to use Amon, how good Lucia's MP durability was, how good *Yuri's* was, etc) I found that Amon's Mind/Body Revival not only fully heals/revives the target but also restores SP as well o-o Not sure how many people know that but I thought it was nifty.

*Note that Lucia can block ID with the Leonardo's Bear accessory. Yuri can equip it as well though not sure if Neph allows Yuri accessories in the dungeon or just Lucia.

Djinn here's a brief run down of what I consider viable for the SHC characters throughout the dungeon.

Lucia -

Floor -

1 *Ocean Oil, Misty Oil, starting crest
2 *Ocean, Misty, Grass oils, crest magic
3 *Ocean, Misty, Grass, Night oils, crest magic
4 *Ocean, Misty, Grass, Night, Moon oils (End of disc one), crest magic
5 *Ocean, Misty, Grass, Night, Moon, Shining oils, crest magic
6 *Ocean, Misty, Grass, Night, Moon, Shining, Sunrise oils, crest magic
8 *Ocean, Misty, Grass, Night, Moon, Shining, Sunrise, Aurora (teh broken!) oils, crest magic, ultimate weapon, ultimate armour

Yuri -

Floor -

1 *Access to L1 fusions
2 *Access to L2 fusions
3 *Access to two L3 fusions, Amon
4 *Access to three L3 fusions (checking an old end of disc one file I found I had 3 soul drops >.>) - End of disc one
6 *Access to Neo Amon
8 *Access to Dark Seraphim, ultimate weapon, ultimate armour

Going to replay FFIX to see exactly what I view as viable when for Eiko in the dungeon in the dungeon but for now I see her as -

Cure
Cura*
Protect
Shell
Life
Phoenix
Fenrir
Mini*
Reflect*
Haste*

* For stuff I'm not sure on. I need to find either the racket that teaches Mini or the one that teaches Reflect is available before Eiko joins as well as the Running Shoes/Emerald.

Fair enough Snow.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:57:50 AM by Clear Tranquil »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 12:16:08 PM »
Going to replay FFIX to see exactly what I view as viable when for Eiko in the dungeon in the dungeon but for now I see her as -

Cure
Cura*
Protect
Shell
Life
Phoenix
Fenrir
Mini*
Reflect*
Haste*

* For stuff I'm not sure on. I need to find either the racket that teaches Mini or the one that teaches Reflect is available before Eiko joins as well as the Running Shoes/Emerald.

First off, Eiko starts with Cura via her Golem Flute.

Alright, the first Magic Racket you can get, I believe is on Disk 3 in Lindblum after the destruction of Alexandria. As for a Mythril Racket, you can get one in Esto Gaza while on your way to the Desert Palace, which is just after Disk 3 Lindblum.

The earliest pair of Running Shoes I got was from beating Tantarian in Alexandria (Disk 2 or 3). However, that's an optional boss (a pretty meaningless one at that), so that's up in the air as to whether it's legal or not.

Lastly, you get an Emerald from giving 3 Ores to the friendly Nymph on the plains near the Iifa Tree. If you don't accept that, the next one comes from Stiltzken in Oeilvert on Disk 3.

And if you're wondering, yes, I am currently playing through FF9. =P

EDIT: Oh! You can learn Haste right when Eiko joins actually. Although it's a pain in the ass, you can steal a Fairy Flute from Hilgigars, that big giant green ogre dude that you fight with Eiko on the Conde Petite Mountain Path. The Fairy Flute also teaches Regen and Esuna.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:33:06 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 12:40:22 PM »
Thankyou Piggyman <(^^)>

Very useful, thanks.

Ok well I don't see her having Mini or Reflect now then. Haste I'll allow, seeing as there are two chances to get it for her joining.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:44:55 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »
They do on this floor!

ST and targetable. I love Neph's dungeon~

That actually hurts more than it helps, since only one person is getting protection and Lulu has Doublecast.  She simply kills whichever two without protection.  Even if people allow L2 fusions at this point, getting past that fight is questionable at best.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 04:29:37 PM »
Maybe it's just me but I find the idea of less enemies with their attacks rendered to ST less scary than fights with more enemies with their powerful skills upgraded to MT. That's why I picked this floor ;p

Lulu can be shut down by status. Customization isn't allowed for FFX characters in the DL is the general rule as far as I know. Lucia and possibly Yuri are protected from DC Death by Leonardo's bear. Lucia can status protect my other reviver or Songstress.

I'm also a little confused by the power interps for opponents in the dungeon. Isn't the damage scaled? I can understand Yuna having Holy (stopped by silence!?) and Lulu having non elemental spells but shouldn't their magic power be taken at what it would be at the before midgame part of their own game?

That's what I always thought about Neph's dungeon anyway, that opponents were scaled down for the lower floors.

I mean I think Vivi is an opponent on an earlier floor and Vivi with Flare/Meteor/Doomsday *and* his end game magic stat would be one scaree opponent ... and people could be taking L1 characters into those floors >.>
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 04:46:51 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
Maybe it's just me but I find the idea of less enemies with their attacks rendered to ST less scary than fights with more enemies with their powerful skills upgraded to MT. That's why I picked this floor ;p

Doesn't mitigate the issues too well when your only reviver, your status slinger and your status preventer are being constantly outsped, OHKOed and/or shut down.

Lulu can be shut down by status. Customization isn't allowed for FFX characters in the DL is the general rule as far as I know. Lucia and possibly Yuri are protected from DC Death by Leonardo's bear. Lucia can status protect my other reviver or Songstress.

Lulu still can OHKO almost anyone on your team and Yuna is faster than everyone in your team, OHKOing Yuri, Eiko and Songstress with Holy. Considering Deis and Jowy could do -the exact same thing- before that, and you can't block Paralysis and Silence all at once, this ain't going to be a great help. Also, keep in mind Nei is below average speed with Song of Madness, and perfectly Silenceable. Nina can just Silence her and mitigate the possibility of Yuri OHKOing anything there entirely.

I'm also a little confused by the power interps for opponents in the dungeon. Isn't the damage scaled? I can understand Yuna having Holy (stopped by silence!?) and Lulu having non elemental spells but shouldn't their magic power be taken at what it would be at the before midgame part of their own game?

Their damage is taken as what it would do in the DL in the endgame, only scaled percent-wise. So, Yuna at floor 3 will still deal like 80% PC HP with a single Holy to an average MDur PC, and Lulu still OHKOs an average PC with Doublecast Flare. That's been fairly extensively hashed out by Neph before.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:18:37 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 06:13:46 PM »

This doesn't matter for one reason.  Yuna can kill the Songstress with Holy before she can act.  Yes, Eiko can revive her, but I was under the impression that death sends you to the back of the line turn-wise (do some people believe otherwise?).  Lulu's slow, but not don't-get-a-turn-until-next-decade slow.  Outside of that, Yuna can OHKO Yuri or Lucia with Holy.  The ID blocker is a good point if people allow them, but Lulu still has DC Flare, and that can off someone frail like Eiko or the Songstress.

Here's how I think it'll go, then.  Yuna offs Songstress.  Eiko (or Yuri, let's be generous for the sake of argument) revives, the other person does something, Lucia either protects Eiko or Songstress, doesn't matter, Nei sings, again, doesn't matter, I doubt she can prevent Lulu from going before Songstress at this point and unless I'm mistaken, and Yuna can get a turn before Songstress at this point anyways.  Lulu DCs Flare, offs Eiko, and Yuna then smites Yuri with Holy.  Game over.  Songstress can only shut down one person and dies as soon as the other gets a turn.  No muss, no fuss, no instant death.  Feel free to correct me if I've made a mistake somewhere.

Of course, if Yuri *doesn't* have revival at this point, your team doesn't even make it this far due to Eiko getting offed by Hungry Friend and won't even make it past the BoF1 fight for the reasons cited above.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:43:51 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 06:50:12 PM »
Well, if Yuri gets a turn, he gets the hell out of a Dark form and switches to a Light form, removing Yuna's OHKO of Holy on him.  So Yuna probably wants to off Yuri first.  That said, I'm not sure if the Songstress is able to status out Lulu (Lulu can block Sleep, and apparently Stop for Songstress at this point is in dispute?), so once Lulu gets a turn, it's probably still bad.  Hmm.  Not sure.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 07:12:48 PM »
Yuna is definitely aiming for the OHKO there. The problem is that you all are assuming she gets there with everybody alive when the odds of that happening are essentially zero. Eiko and Songstress should be dead by the time they get to the Yuna/Lulu fight anyway. >_>

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
Well, if Yuri gets a turn, he gets the hell out of a Dark form and switches to a Light form, removing Yuna's OHKO of Holy on him.  So Yuna probably wants to off Yuri first.  That said, I'm not sure if the Songstress is able to status out Lulu (Lulu can block Sleep, and apparently Stop for Songstress at this point is in dispute?), so once Lulu gets a turn, it's probably still bad.  Hmm.  Not sure.

Durr... I pay attention good.  That'll teach me to muddle this stuff out.  Disregard what I said about the fight, then.

But yeah, this is all assuming the team gets there relatively unscathed... I myself don't believe that to be the case, as there's nothing stopping Nina from playing musical Hold, and Deis makes stuff go boom, so...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:34:05 PM by Random Consonant »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 10:31:36 PM »
I see! Thanks for the run down Snow. Yeah seems I seriously underestimated the power of the opponents before taking the plunge.

You can help me bbq super ^-^

Except no I have to be nice to him cause con is being mean >.>

Just some things I wanted to respond to anyway ....

*muses*

*Lucia status protection resists all statuses not just one

*Lucia (and Yuri) have access to three accessory slots. Nobody's statusing them. Stat blockers in SHC are store bought and can be bought early. Plus SH series has nifty accessories that block multiple statuses at once as well.

*Songstress can access Deathproof and Silenceproof storebought. I can't seem to find an X-2 status blocker that blocks paralysis but I know some people treat Stop and Paralysis as the same thing. I realise that last is iffy though.

*Eiko can block Silence, don't remember if FFIX had paralysis

*Are stat boosting equipments allowed in Neph's dungeon? Songtress can get a MDEF +10, MDEF+20 store bought early. MDEF+40 storebought Chapter 3, don't know if that's now though. Granted she'd have to sacrifice a status protector or maybe two ...

*If Nei is silenced Yuri can still use Rage/Energy Charge, don't know if that makes a difference though. Lucia gets Rage and she can use that whilst multi turn effect oils are in effect ... don't know if she has it yet though.

Also thanks to Random Consonant for the interesting debate ^_^

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »
*Lucia status protection resists all statuses not just one

Doesn't matter, she's outsped by everything and OHKOed by most everything. This floor is freaking mean on offense.

*Lucia (and Yuri) have access to three accessory slots. Nobody's statusing them. Stat blockers in SHC are store bought and can be bought early. Plus SH series has nifty accessories that block multiple statuses at once as well.

Most people don't allow multiple statusblocking all at once, and SH's status protection comes in bits and pieces. So, odds are they won't be able to handle it all at this point, and they certainly don't have the multiple statusblockers by now.

*Songstress can access Deathproof and Silenceproof storebought. I can't seem to find an X-2 status blocker that blocks paralysis but I know some people treat Stop and Paralysis as the same thing. I realise that last is iffy though.

Getting statused is the least of Songstress' issues here.

*Eiko can block Silence, don't remember if FFIX had paralysis

Certainly not by floor 3, and you'll be hard-pressed to find people who allow those to FF9 characters (attached to universal skills rather than equipment), let alone dungeon voters.

*Are stat boosting equipments allowed in Neph's dungeon? Songtress can get a MDEF +10, MDEF+20 store bought early. MDEF+40 storebought Chapter 3, don't know if that's now though. Granted she'd have to sacrifice a status protector or maybe two ...

Those get factored in the averages if so, making the effect mostly moot. They're universal equips after all. Plus, SH stat spreads, they suck and those boosts have little practical effect.

*If Nei is silenced Yuri can still use Rage/Energy Charge, don't know if that makes a difference though. Lucia gets Rage and she can use that whilst multi turn effect oils are in effect ... don't know if she has it yet though.

Rage/Energy Charge are still turns he has to spend doing something that's not killing the people he has to kill. Considering how badly off the rest of the team is at offense or at just staying alive, those are turns he -can't afford-.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
I dunno ... can't he just buff himself and kill things w/o having to worry about reviving anyone else until one of the enemies is dead ;p

Let's see ... Bolt X, Songstress dead, Nina statuses Nei, Yuri uses Energy Charge ... Lucia does something ... either status protection on Eiko or some buff on Yuri, the mid PDEF up three turns oil perhaps or a support spell (after checking Neph's old SHC topic I found that she does indeed start with Rage, Shield and Gale, Eiko ... could cast Haste on someone for people who allow it or do something with Protect/Shell ... say Yuri is buffed and doesn't die to an OHKO or goes before Deis after being Galed/Hasted, Yuri kills someone, whoever's left does something, if they kill Yuri, Eiko revives, if they kill Eiko, Yuri can either start a walling turtling game going where he and Lucia buff themselves to hell before reviving anyone - buffs in SHC do stack together like Energy Charge + Rage, Shield + PDEF up so I'd see them stacking with things like Haste and Shell/Protect as well - or Yuri can revive someone, say Songstress, I don't know if she'd get a go by that point but say she does, unless I'm missing something and the remaining opponent can't be shut down by status Songstress then does so. Yuri then revives Eiko. Team keeps heals up, cures Nei, then Yuri. If Songstress status doesn't work perhaps she gets her stat up songs game going.

Checking the dungeon masters list and seeing what other characters are allowed at this point *cough*Rikku*cough* I definitely don't see why Yuri shouldn't be allowed L2 fusions by this point. Amon for full revival is also fair game to me since he does come early in SHC. Of course it's up to Neph~
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 07:59:59 AM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2008, 08:14:26 AM »
I dunno ... can't he just buff himself and kill things w/o having to worry about reviving anyone else until one of the enemies is dead ;p

That'd work if he didn't get killed next turn. He buffs, the other people get turns, they blow him up.

Let's see ... Bolt X, Songstress dead, Nina statuses Nei, Yuri uses Energy Charge ... Lucia does something ... either status protection on Eiko or some buff on Yuri, the mid PDEF up three turns oil perhaps or a support spell (after checking Neph's old SHC topic I found that she does indeed start with Rage, Shield and Gale, Eiko ... could cast Haste on someone for people who allow it or do something with Protect/Shell ... say Yuri is buffed and doesn't die to an OHKO or goes before Deis after being Galed/Hasted, Yuri kills someone, whoever's left does something, if they kill Yuri, Eiko revives, if they kill Eiko, Yuri can either start a walling turtling game going where he and Lucia buff themselves to hell before reviving anyone - buffs in SHC do stack together like Energy Charge + Rage, Shield + PDEF up so I'd see them stacking with things like Haste and Shell/Protect as well - or Yuri can revive someone, say Songstress, I don't know if she'd get a go by that point but say she does, unless I'm missing something and the remaining opponent can't be shut down by status Songstress then does so. Yuri then revives Eiko. Team keeps heals up, cures Nei, then Yuri. If Songstress status doesn't work perhaps she gets her stat up songs game going.

First things first: Deis is killing Eiko. Nina then Holds Lucia/Songstress to guarantee she won't stall. Also, Haste is not this floor, it's a disc 3 spell. I also have problems seeing Yuri immediately lap Deis, he is average speed and Gale is just a 36% boost to linear, two-digit speed. Deis is blazing fast, and she probably averages higher speed than Yuri past Gale. So, uh, he gets to lap Nina? And probably OHKO. But, if she choose for Fire for Energy Charge/Rage, odds are he doesn't have revival, it's still early game. So, it's back to square one. He can either blitz or stall, not both. And, if he can't revive, this is all moot and you're dying to Yuna/Lulu next. If he can, uh, it's still questionable whether you get past this match well enough. Also keep in mind that Songstress is -entirely ST in this floor-. Her getting turns is no longer impossible rape, which makes the stalling less and less doable. You get past those fights, you're having to deal with Demi+Wren, who entirely mock an already nerfed Songstress and do very ugly things to your party members while having plenty of durability to stress you out - and, by that point, they run Yuri and Eiko out of resources at worst because Demi and Wren are faster than your party and going first with Barrier mends the MDef issue. And they're both physical tanks to begin with. And, without resources and half your party (including the healers) dead, how do you expect to beat Dehuai, who 2HKOs everybody in your party not named Yuri? Sorry, just not seeing it.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2008, 09:12:27 AM »
*snaps at Snow's heels*

Eh at this point I'm less about trying to convince you than other people ;p Although the discussion is fun ^_^

I know you don't allow Eiko Haste that was just for the people that allow it whens she joins since Running Shoes are disc two or she can steal it from Hilgegars for her joining ;p

You can help me pick a better character than Eiko next time <(^^)>

Ok ... looked more stuff up ...  Covenant has 22 chapters, with 12 being disc end of disc one. Assuming it's a relative split down the middle and end of disc one is midgame. Amon is Chapter 10, which floor would that be? As I said Yuri had enough soul energy on my old file for three L2 fusions and he'd had it for a for a while, considering it's only 60 soul per pop getting more than two shouldn't be hard. Especially if you didn't assume he had all the L1 ones for the first two floors. He could have used all his SE to level up two particular elemental fusions. L3 fusions is Chapter 10 as well I guess.

Paralysis protection for the SHC characters is available as early as Chapter 4, ID Chapter 5 both before Lucia joins.

My plan was not to go onto any floor with anybody dead reviving as needed against each remaining solo opponent. Which works for those that allow Lucia's mp regeneration or Yuri Mind Assault.

*confused* If Deis kills Eiko and Nina holds songstress, Nei isn't being shut out unless I'm missing something here, she can song of madness or lower speed/skill with song of serenity whatever the latter does ;p Yuri then has to be OKHO'd through Lucia's stat ups, assuming Yuri's already went first before Nei he's buffed himself or done something already. If he isn't then Yuri then probably kills kills Deis with stacked song of madness/rage-(L1 fusion/energy charge, maybe song of madness alone, dunno, leaving Nina easy to deal with. Unless you're seeing Nina taking buffed Yuri's remaining HP with her physical w/o atk up >____>

Yeah my team can't do everything at once but neither can the opponents, they can do this if they do that, etc.

I think it'd be good to use this information to iron out what the SHC's characters have for future references in Neph's dungeon masters topic. Dyher and Magic Fanatic have both played Covenant, maybe they can help.

Although I don't think I'm being unreasonable, Cloud is allowed to master one materia per floor and that takes quite a bit of time/grinding in game ;p Also considering that Yuri is only L22 and my highest levelled Lucia at 23 when the expected end game level is L50-60 as far as I know.

*Note to Random Consonant - Lulu doesn't go before Songstress and Lucia if we're factoring in averages, Lulu's nearly the slowest in her cast bar Auron. In fact according to Tonfa's stat topic Songstress is actually above average speed! Granted not by much but still. Lucia isn't the slowest in her cast either - it's Kurando > Yuri = Karin > Lucia = Ana > Joachim > Gepetto (noting that Galed > Lucia is > non fused Yuri/Kurando but eh she has to use a turn to do that hrmm) Eiko is also dead on average speed, faster than Amarant, Vivi and Steiner. It's Eiko's HP that's complete fail not her speed ;p

Edit - Yep Lulu's end game AGL is 21 >.>

Edit - Passing Team Tide - At least one of us has got to stand firm against the dungeon ;p Also seconding the Garnet respect thing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 01:12:47 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
Do status boosters remain through the chain of fights? Is it just like one huge whole continuing active battle? ;p

Yes. You equip them at the beginning of the floor and have them for the whole floor, there's no changing accessories during a floor.