Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Brainstorming Topic!  (Read 142304 times)

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Brainstorming Topic!
« Reply #1200 on: April 01, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
Yeah, I'm a bit redundant sometimes.

If nothing else, F4 is where it shines, since Jane's Follow Me will make things dead before they know it.  Up until then, I'm basically relying on Deis and Hilda to kill floors before they kill me...  Which, if I know Deis1 ANYWHERE near as decently as I think I do, isn't THAT far-fetched, but still a hard idea.

If anyone dies before a round finishes, then Nall picks 'em back up for more slaughter at the start of the next fight.  The only floor that really scares me with the current set-up is...  F3, funny enough.  Jane's also fast enough that she'll be going first in most fights, which means she sacrifices herself for Sucker! on F1 and F2 and lets my other characters do their job.

Entrance + Black Magic is enough to kill ST, and Summons on MT, right?

While going through the dungeon lists, though, to see how I could improve the basic premise (I'm not sure if I could)...  I got the weird idea for this team:

Rika (4.0)
Hilda (2.0)
Luneth (2.0)
Palom + Porom (2.0)

Body Charge Sealstone (Switched between the three 2.0s as necessary if Neph says that's allowable, since it wouldn't actually change the cost of my team)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:56:59 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 01, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »
Actually, it would change the cost of your team if you slapped BC on the twins. BC on pairs doubles the cost on the pairing instead of being a 50% increase. Neph never stated on allowing BC swap, but I'd intuitively say "no" on it due to it being so intrinsically built into dungeon pick costs. Even if you pick your team in a manner where you could keep costs equal with swapping, I'd rather stick to that.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 01, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
Hmm. I don't think I'd see any problem with it swapping if the team always stayed under the required points. I can't see why it'd be any different to changing any other sealstone's holder.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 01, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »
Hmm. I don't think I'd see any problem with it swapping if the team always stayed under the required points. I can't see why it'd be any different to changing any other sealstone's holder.

I agree. We've seen other individual Sealstones get swapped between characters. I mean, the only stipulation is that you can't give an individual Sealstone to a character who has no use for it (e.g. Life on someone w/ no healing). Like Yoshi says, as long as the Body Charge recipient doesn't cause the team to go over 11 points, I think it's fine.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 03, 2012, 03:16:49 AM »
Here's a quick idea I had for the dungeon. What are y'all's thoughts?

Cleo Suikoden 1 (chooses 1 rune at the start of the floor) 3.5 (I could also see her as a 3.0 but then she's competing with Eileen)
Pros: Fast Suikoden 1 mage with decent durability. Suikoden 1 magic is as good as it always is and she can shift her role for the floor to best suit the teams needs.
Cons: Level 4 charges are kind of low. Very one dimensional once she's picked a Rune.

We can have her start with her Fire Rune and then she gets more options as they become available. So for example, on Floor 2 she could pick from Water, Wind and Earth in addition to the Fire Rune (I might be misremembering when these first become available but I want to say at least two of these could are store bought fairly early).

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 03, 2012, 03:28:46 AM »
Here's a quick idea I had for the dungeon. What are y'all's thoughts?

Cleo Suikoden 1 (chooses 1 rune at the start of the floor) 3.5 (I could also see her as a 3.0 but then she's competing with Eileen)
Pros: Fast Suikoden 1 mage with decent durability. Suikoden 1 magic is as good as it always is and she can shift her role for the floor to best suit the teams needs.
Cons: Level 4 charges are kind of low. Very one dimensional once she's picked a Rune.

We can have her start with her Fire Rune and then she gets more options as they become available. So for example, on Floor 2 she could pick from Water, Wind and Earth in addition to the Fire Rune (I might be misremembering when these first become available but I want to say at least two of these could are store bought fairly early).

Not a bad idea, but in general, Cleo feels like a less competent Miakis, who's already in the dungeon for only 0.5 more, and I think there's more twinkery possible with the Suiko5 runes, too. I wouldn't mind seeing her added if others are up for it, too, but I'm just thinking Cleo's a little too similar to Miakis in this regard.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 03, 2012, 03:44:31 AM »
I'm not sure a Suiko1 PC with only one rune to pick from per floor is even worth a 3.0, let alone a 3.5, good stats aside. S1 being so much more limited naturally in those terms puts a dent on how well Cleo can perform.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 03, 2012, 04:04:14 AM »
I'm not sure a Suiko1 PC with only one rune to pick from per floor is even worth a 3.0, let alone a 3.5, good stats aside. S1 being so much more limited naturally in those terms puts a dent on how well Cleo can perform.

I'd be wary of placing her any lower than a 3. Rage and Lighting are both pretty excellent damage sources even with their lower level spells. I want to say that the Flowing Rune's Level 4 charge is MT healing and revival wrapped up in a single spell and that's really potent even if it really hurts her damage. I think than that we'll want to lower Eileen down to a 2.5 then cause no one has really used her recently and Cleo does what she does with more options.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 03, 2012, 05:47:53 AM »
Actually, it would change the cost of your team if you slapped BC on the twins. BC on pairs doubles the cost on the pairing instead of being a 50% increase. Neph never stated on allowing BC swap, but I'd intuitively say "no" on it due to it being so intrinsically built into dungeon pick costs. Even if you pick your team in a manner where you could keep costs equal with swapping, I'd rather stick to that.

Alright, asked Neph about the things I was contending.

Body Charge does indeed double the cost of pairs of characters, he just forgot to update the Sealstone page before I asked him directly in IRC.

Neph ruled no on BC moving, so that pretty much invalidates my latest team idea.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 03, 2012, 06:19:57 AM »
I did say no, but the more I think about it, the less I feel like enforcing it.

So, you can go ahead and move it, as long as it doesn't put your team above 11 points.

(This, theoretically, means you could take a team of less than 11 and do some tom foolery, but who'd want to?)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 03, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
Hahaha, it was actually a consideration for my team, if only because BC Eiko on F3/4 would be dealing beautiful amounts of MT damage.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 03, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »

I'd be wary of placing her any lower than a 3. Rage and Lighting are both pretty excellent damage sources even with their lower level spells. I want to say that the Flowing Rune's Level 4 charge is MT healing and revival wrapped up in a single spell and that's really potent even if it really hurts her damage. I think than that we'll want to lower Eileen down to a 2.5 then cause no one has really used her recently and Cleo does what she does with more options.

I think Eileen -already- is a 2.5, no?

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 03, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
I think Eileen -already- is a 2.5, no?
The list of picks still has her as a 3.0, but yeah she should probably be moved down.