Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Brainstorming Topic!  (Read 142479 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Brainstorming Topic!
« Reply #650 on: September 23, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »
The regen is interrupted as soon as she stops using Healing Dance. I don't give it much credit for that reason, not to mention she spends 12 CP to be able to chain it at all, basically killing her offense and possibly shutting her other support options.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 24, 2009, 10:16:58 AM »
Not quite. She can chain into/from Healing Dance from *any* battle skill or Short/Counter/Long X (if she launches from L/R w/th LX and chains into S/R Healing Dance) So she can chain Healing Dance > Dream Hammer/Faerie Friend, Healing Dance > Magical Dance, Healing Dance > Panic Dance, Healing Dance > Frozen Daggers/Magic Hook/Instanto Blast and then back into Healing Dance again (until she runs out of fury) or vice versa for example.

For Support!Peppita Power Dance > Healing Dance is what stands out. Or the other way around though buffing first then chaining into the regen probably makes more sense.

Healing Dance set to two slots - Potential healing - 276'716 HP
Healing Dance set to one slot (HD/other skill chains or vice verca)- Potential Healing 138358

That -is- end game though and it -does- kill her offence (except status) if you're using Peppita primarly as main game support but uhhh ... I thought people didn't buy Peppita offence in the DL/dungeon anyway!? Huh Huh!?
*flees*

I'm vaguely confused, CT. Is Healing Dance like regen over time that allows her to do other things while it's going on?

Basically no but yes. It isn't any ordinary regen at L10 it's a rapid fire multi tick move and the player can use it as either a regen to keep ally HP constantly topped up or even just as healing to top up HP before chaining into an offensive move if you're controlling Peppita as your MC.

Healing Dance > Dream Hammer is Peppita's money move post game. Basically vets prefer this because it's easy to max Peppita's ATK with just the Raging Anger accessory + Tri Emblem w/th Angelic Cape due to the innate power/ATK of said ultimate weapon. Sure you can just continue to use Power Dance w/th increase critical hit factors to further tweak a team's offensive capabilities instead -but what Healing Dance does is keep HP topped up w/o having to interrupt the flow of battle by entering the menu for stuff to restore HP lost from using battle skills. This is important for speed kills!

Or there is Magic Hook > Dream Hammer + No Guard w/th boots of prowess (not max boots) which is a pure offensive option for Peppita and doesn't require the Roe/Shielding items. Like I said though people probably haven't been picking Peppita for her offence here!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:08:23 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 25, 2009, 12:18:35 AM »
Not quite. She can chain into/from Healing Dance from *any* battle skill or Short/Counter/Long X (if she launches from L/R w/th LX and chains into S/R Healing Dance) So she can chain Healing Dance > Dream Hammer/Faerie Friend, Healing Dance > Magical Dance, Healing Dance > Panic Dance, Healing Dance > Frozen Daggers/Magic Hook/Instanto Blast and then back into Healing Dance again (until she runs out of fury) or vice versa for example.

For Support!Peppita Power Dance > Healing Dance is what stands out. Or the other way around though buffing first then chaining into the regen probably makes more sense.

Healing Dance set to two slots - Potential healing - 276'716 HP
Healing Dance set to one slot (HD/other skill chains or vice verca)- Potential Healing 138358

For how long does she have to keep chaining and dancing to achieve that healing - or even to achieve acceptable healing at levels that are more reasonable than L10? And how long does it last? This is very relevant for gauging how effective it is in practice.

That -is- end game though and it -does- kill her offence (except status) if you're using Peppita primarly as main game support but uhhh ... I thought people didn't buy Peppita offence in the DL/dungeon anyway!? Huh Huh!?
*flees*

There's a world of difference between "averagish, maybe above average damage" and "Cristo beats you up for lunch and raspberries you afterwards in mockery of your damage". SO3 damage curve is a bitch.

I'm vaguely confused, CT. Is Healing Dance like regen over time that allows her to do other things while it's going on?

Basically no but yes. It isn't any ordinary regen at L10 it's a rapid fire multi tick move and the player can use it as either a regen to keep ally HP constantly topped up or even just as healing to top up HP before chaining into an offensive move if you're controlling Peppita as your MC.

So not comfortable with that kind of hype myself. The idea of -any- Peppita move being L10 is honestly hard to swallow for me (she just joins too damned late. Levels are easy to even out in SO3, but skill usage is not, and it's reasonable to dock points for that to me. It took me until -endgame- to get Maria's Scatter Beam to L10, and I never even got Nel's Frozen Daggers to that point, for an instance, and she even joined earlier and had that move on her for basically the whole game), and Healing Dance certainly would be particularly low-end in the priority chain for building, especially given how utterly -awful- Healing Dance starts out. I'm not sure if having Peppita moves beyond L6 would be reasonable DL-wise. Dungeon, maybe, but that would be Power Dance rather than Healing/Magical Dance to me, because there's a rift in practical usefulness between those for maingame efficiency. Not to mention that she can even chain Healing Dance into other shit at any level, but it takes a lot of work to make any of the two-three moves she's juggling into work acceptably, and if she's chaining offense into her dances, she's also getting herself into vulnerability range and that gets into interruption arguments (Peppita is a sitting duck while she's doing Healing Dance, and, unlike Power Dance, she needs to remain a sitting duck for its effect to linger). Honestly, this smacks of "Guy can attack and heal at the same type he can down an enemy during a combo and use his healing while the enemy is down" or "Kratos and Zelos can end combos with a healing spell" hype, which I'm certainly not comfortable with, and don't think many people are either.

Healing Dance > Dream Hammer is Peppita's money move post game. Basically vets prefer this because it's easy to max Peppita's ATK with just the Raging Anger accessory + Tri Emblem w/th Angelic Cape due to the innate power/ATK of said ultimate weapon. Sure you can just continue to use Power Dance w/th increase critical hit factors to further tweak a team's offensive capabilities instead -but what Healing Dance does is keep HP topped up w/o having to interrupt the flow of battle by entering the menu for stuff to restore HP lost from using battle skills. This is important for speed kills!

Or there is Magic Hook > Dream Hammer + No Guard w/th boots of prowess (not max boots) which is a pure offensive option for Peppita and doesn't require the Roe/Shielding items. Like I said though people probably haven't been picking Peppita for her offence here!

Those are mostly irrelevant for the dungeon (and menu access isn't even bad on its own. It's a good idea to pause a fight for tactical considerations, and menu access provides that easy. Speed kills are a distinct point and serve distinct purposes that already brink on completionism anyway). While they're pretty valuable in-game, Dungeon and SO3, as I said before, are entirely distinct beasts. Even in the aftergame, the options are likely to be a lot less expansive than SO3's aftergame options.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:32:59 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 25, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »

For how long does she have to keep chaining and dancing to achieve that healing - or even to achieve acceptable healing at levels that are more reasonable than L10? And how long does it last? This is very relevant for gauging how effective it is in practice.

I'm still working on that! It's 500/600~ per tick at L4/5 at 300% ... Without No Guard though ... yeah still working on it! She doesn't even need -that- amount of healing, that's excess healing beyond a character's 99'999 cap. I'm merely trying to attain an amount that justifies Peppita as a 1.5 in the dungeon. Or for the DL not lol Light healing. Even's Meru's 50% healing has helped her win matches! *If* Peppita is not going to manage the 2HKO or for those that don't see her doing that No Guard w/th Healing Dance > Frozen Daggers/etc more or less allows her to heal in peace until she hits the status. It's just another alternative. There may even be a few Heavies that she could take with freeze if the healing keeps her afloat long enough but uhh ... I don't know about that. I allow her to counter her own cast at least!

There's a world of difference between "averagish, maybe above average damage" and "Cristo beats you up for lunch and raspberries you afterwards in mockery of your damage". SO3 damage curve is a bitch.

>_>

Fair enough <_<

I am glad that you think that! So you won't mind if I hype Peppita being a pick for a back up damage dealer?

Buy it people, buy it!

So not comfortable with that kind of hype myself.

Eh I'm not either to an extent. I wouldn't allow/consider it if it weren't for dances being so damn chainable when chaining into themselves or each other - and - the fact that like symbology they take less usage than battle skills. It doesn't take much at all to get any of them to L3 for example. Due to those factors I definitely see at least one, perhaps two dances being relatively high levelled. L1  Panic Dance it's ... uhh ... 50% chance of chaos per use to AVG so -that- doesn't really need to be levelled since it's already doing it's job decently enough. I think. So ... Power Dance/Healing Dance?

The idea of -any- Peppita move being L10 is honestly hard to swallow for me (she just joins too damned late. Levels are easy to even out in SO3, but skill usage is not, and it's reasonable to dock points for that to me. It took me until -endgame- to get Maria's Scatter Beam to L10, and I never even got Nel's Frozen Daggers to that point, for an instance, and she even joined earlier and had that move on her for basically the whole game),

Well I reckon you already take the chainability and the number of uses till level up of moves into account so that's fair enough.

and Healing Dance certainly would be particularly low-end in the priority chain for building, especially given how utterly -awful- Healing Dance starts out.

Truth ... and yet ... what else does Peppita have to build up though? Faerie Friend/Dream Hammer probably take like twice the usage to a level up than the dances and as for Frozen Daggers ... I don't think levelling increasing the % rate. I'm not a 100% certain on that though.

I'm not sure if having Peppita moves beyond L6 would be reasonable DL-wise.

I was thinking ... a HD/PD 5/5 split. I just don't know which would be more efficient to her in the long run that or a L6/7 Power Dance > Faerie Friend/Dream Hammer. I guess maybe she is better just going for outright possibly above average offence like that vs Middles. I dunno. I wonder how many matches that would buy her/which would buy her more. Maybe I should do a Peppita vs Middle thing sometime >_> It is a competant field and I ... yeah need to hype her for all she's worth in the division. She needs to be a respected Middle! Yesu!

... what? >_>

Honestly, this smacks of "Guy can attack and heal at the same type he can down an enemy during a combo and use his healing while the enemy is down" or "Kratos and Zelos can end combos with a healing spell" hype, which I'm certainly not comfortable with, and don't think many people are either.

>_> <_< >_>

Well you're allowing them to knock her out of her attacks/skills! I'm not comfortable with that w/o allowing her/other SO3 characters to do the same! *shot*
*flees* *shot* Anyway I don't factor in knock down/away from their attacks for SO3 characters but I do status and I think that's different for Peppita to heal up in i.e while the enemy is confused. That's just me though. I don't see how it's different from allowing a white mage to heal up/etc while an enemy is under one of their statuses. Yeah but ... YMMV.

Those are mostly irrelevant for the dungeon (and menu access isn't even bad on its own. It's a good idea to pause a fight for tactical considerations, and menu access provides that easy. Speed kills are a distinct point and serve distinct purposes that already brink on completionism anyway). While they're pretty valuable in-game, Dungeon and SO3, as I said before, are entirely distinct beasts. Even in the aftergame, the options are likely to be a lot less expansive than SO3's aftergame options.

I know I was just doing my usual promote Peppita thing. You know incase Neph/anyone was actually interested in moar SO3 >_> Also was trying to point out how some stuff was more legal for the dungeon than others (i.e no Roe/Shielding devices because item command is illegal) but I'm thinking that didn't work. I mean I know Neph doesn't allow max boots of prowess for UBER defence either but I was unsure as to whether peeps allowed any boots at all or not. It doesn't really matter to me, Power Dance is probably still worth using in the aftergame for dungeon teams anyway. I was just throwing an option out there for if people had picked Peppita for pure offence for whatever reason.

*stalkstalks Snow* <(^^)>

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Taishyr

« Reply #654 on: September 25, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »
I will note that reading this sort of thing is always interesting, yes. I can't contribute much, sadly, but.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 25, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »
Thanks Tai. I'm glad. I was worried that I might be coming across as obnoxious and bothering people >_> I wanted to apologise to peeps if that were the case so yeah <_<

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 25, 2009, 05:07:39 PM »
I think, in my own opinion (Which no one should take as gospel) Peppita gets one turn. In that turn, she gets to use 100 Fury. If she spends that Fury on Healing Dance, so be it. The problem is that if healing dance heals Over Time, I can't really see this happening:

Ghaleon: Casts two MT spells, enemy team is at 20%.
Someone: Does something.
Peppita: Chains Healing Dance! Everyone is healed to 50%!
Peppita: Still chaining really good healing dance, everyone is at 80%
Ghaleon: MT spell.
Peppita: Healing off the damage!!!

Does that make sense?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 25, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »

>_>

Fair enough <_<

I am glad that you think that! So you won't mind if I hype Peppita being a pick for a back up damage dealer?

Buy it people, buy it!

The problem for Peppita as damage backup is distinct from her damage sucking. It's mainly that it's ST, physical, evadable damage - i.e. the worst damage type to have in the dungeon, unless you're a flaming badass at it - which Peppita is not. Averagish damage is acceptable, but not a deal maker in anyway, so the offense dynamo hype is still out. ST blitzing in the Dungeon only works if you have absolutely awesome damage and speed, and Peppita has neither. She's probably better off Power Dancing people, and Power Dance is probably one of the best attack up buffs available around. MT, plentiful, very powerful.

and Healing Dance certainly would be particularly low-end in the priority chain for building, especially given how utterly -awful- Healing Dance starts out.

Truth ... and yet ... what else does Peppita have to build up though? Faerie Friend/Dream Hammer probably take like twice the usage to a level up than the dances and as for Frozen Daggers ... I don't think levelling increasing the % rate. I'm not a 100% certain on that though.

Faerie Friend and Dream Hammer are still far superior building options due to being money damage moves - i.e. things you'll use (I'd still penalize them for being slow-building moves, of course, but the offense makes them better options than Healing Dance almost immediately). Frozen Daggers, you'll probably be forced to use it at least for a while due to Peppita's early move draw.

Honestly, this smacks of "Guy can attack and heal at the same type he can down an enemy during a combo and use his healing while the enemy is down" or "Kratos and Zelos can end combos with a healing spell" hype, which I'm certainly not comfortable with, and don't think many people are either.

>_> <_< >_>

Well you're allowing them to knock her out of her attacks/skills! I'm not comfortable with that w/o allowing her/other SO3 characters to do the same! *shot*

Oh, that's not what I meant. I wouldn't allow Peppita to be interrupted on a Healing Dance in the middle of her turn - although, if I see it as a continuous effect like, say, FFX-2 Dancer's dances, saying it'd be interrupted by an enemy attack on -their- turn would be reasonable to me. I just doubt I see it that way. Another problem of the SO3 interp trainwreck.

Also, I'd like to say that it's a lot more worthwhile thinking about maingame options in the dungeon than aftergame. The aftergame comprises about a bit over 1/5 of the dungeon, and -reaching- it is a bigger issue than getting past it in practice. Building a team capable of mauling the aftergame in theory is not that hard (Blue+TL theoretically win the dungeon period if they get there. Just uh good luck doing that) - doing one that can -go that far-, though, is the real clincher.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 26, 2009, 10:43:40 AM »
I think, in my own opinion (Which no one should take as gospel) Peppita gets one turn. In that turn, she gets to use 100 Fury. If she spends that Fury on Healing Dance, so be it. The problem is that if healing dance heals Over Time, I can't really see this happening:

Ghaleon: Casts two MT spells, enemy team is at 20%.
Peppita: Chains Healing Dance! Everyone is healed to 50%!
Peppita: Still chaining really good healing dance, everyone is at 80%
Ghaleon: MT spell.
Peppita: Healing off the damage!!!

Does that make sense?

Yes. That makes sense/simplifies matters a lot. Thanks Neph =-)

For some mad reason I thought peeps had Peppita taking multiple turns to heal yeah. That confused me 'cause in the DL all SO3 characters usually (as far as I know) do spend their 100 Fury within one turn - and some other battle skills like Max Shockwave/Ethereal Blast/Sirroco also have long animations so yeah >_>

The problem for Peppita as damage backup is distinct from her damage sucking. It's mainly that it's ST, physical, evadable damage - i.e. the worst damage type to have in the dungeon, unless you're a flaming badass at it - which Peppita is not. Averagish damage is acceptable, but not a deal maker in anyway, so the offense dynamo hype is still out. ST blitzing in the Dungeon only works if you have absolutely awesome damage and speed, and Peppita has neither.

Ah I see. I'm learning!

Dungeon is fun like that~

She's probably better off Power Dancing people, and Power Dance is probably one of the best attack up buffs available around. MT, plentiful, very powerful.

Yaay!

Faerie Friend and Dream Hammer are still far superior building options due to being money damage moves - i.e. things you'll use (I'd still penalize them for being slow-building moves, of course, but the offense makes them better options than Healing Dance almost immediately).

*nods* Oh yeah I usually use Power Dance > Kaboom/Faerie Friend/Dream Hammer chains myself. Indeed Healing Dance is still sitting at L1 on most of my files >_> That's because I am a weird person that likes to control Peppita/Nel instead of Maria though. I just thought it might be different for those that like to prioritise Peppita as purely Support!Peppita <_<

Frozen Daggers, you'll probably be forced to use it at least for a while due to Peppita's early move draw.

Truth. She has it before Power Dance in the dungeon too >_>  Worth hyping for one floor!?

Oh, that's not what I meant. I wouldn't allow Peppita to be interrupted on a Healing Dance in the middle of her turn - although, if I see it as a continuous effect like, say, FFX-2 Dancer's dances, saying it'd be interrupted by an enemy attack on -their- turn would be reasonable to me. I just doubt I see it that way. Another problem of the SO3 interp trainwreck.

I so happy/Quina. Thanks for working that out with me Snow =-)

Also, I'd like to say that it's a lot more worthwhile thinking about maingame options in the dungeon than aftergame. The aftergame comprises about a bit over 1/5 of the dungeon, and -reaching- it is a bigger issue than getting past it in practice. Building a team capable of mauling the aftergame in theory is not that hard (Blue+TL theoretically win the dungeon period if they get there. Just uh good luck doing that) - doing one that can -go that far-, though, is the real clincher.

Ahhh fair enough. I worry needlessly! I thought it was important not to have dead weight later on either though.

Blue + TL are eight points =-( Soooo not worth it. Unless someone cracks it >_>

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 02, 2009, 04:57:08 AM »
SOUJI SETA, PERSONA 4

Will have a stipulation.

(10 * Floor) -2 = MAXIMUM PERSONA LEVEL FOR EACH FLOOR.

For example:

On Floor 1, you may get Slime. His maximum skill level is 8.
On Floor 1, you may get Saki Mitama. His maximum skill level is also 8.

We'll use OK's (wonderful) guide to determine what Personas can be used on what floor, but the Persona's max level will always be determined by the formula.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: October 05, 2009, 12:55:03 PM »
I've been thinking about Naoto. Do most peeps see Naoto's ID as T2 without the boost skills? I've been testing it and that's been my experience, sometimes it works on the enemy on the first turn but mostly on the second. I've also been trying to weigh respect for Deathbound and judge it's accuracy on more than two enemies. There's Megido spam but uhh in the dungeon ... yeesh Naoto desperately needs an ally with MP Regen or perhaps the Resourceless Sealstone there.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 05, 2009, 07:24:07 PM »
Resourceless is baaaaad for that. Means you're only firing off one Megido per fight.
As for the Mudoon/Hamaon, yeah, I think it's probably about 40% without the boost skills, 60% with. Doesn't help that I don't see Endure until late (F6) for her especially, meaning she likely doesn't get off more than one spell against a half-decent MT offence. (That said, starting with 40% ID is still good, and only gets better later on...)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 05, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
Resourceless is baaaaad for that. Means you're only firing off one Megido per fight.
As for the Mudoon/Hamaon, yeah, I think it's probably about 40% without the boost skills, 60% with. Doesn't help that I don't see Endure until late (F6) for her especially, meaning she likely doesn't get off more than one spell against a half-decent MT offence. (That said, starting with 40% ID is still good, and only gets better later on...)

Hm, dunno, the accuracy is heavily affected by her own stats. When she joins, her Mudoon and Hamaon are certainly within turn one area to me, it was scoring like ~80% accuracy, although she -was- a bit overlevelled (joining one level higher than the rest of my party does that). It should be high turn two at worst even so, and Algernon at least is floor 5, which should boost it to turn one. It's just at endgame where the boost starts really making a difference. I guess enemies pull out actual Luck stats at that point.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 05, 2009, 07:33:58 PM »
Ah, that's a point. I think I actually got Algernon pretty much at the same time I got Naoto (or, at least, less than half-way through the next dungeon before I went back to get it). It.. probably comes out at around 50% early on for me (no way was it hitting 80% outside of Heaven, and those seemed to be really susceptible to ID throughout). So, uhh, I'd buy it as Turn 1, but not if it's needed twice in a row. ;o

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 07, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »
Oh right >_> Heaven is where I was testing it yeah <_<

Thanks guys.

Eh I dunno Yoshi there's a chance Naoto doesn't have the SPs to use more than one Almighty at L1 anyway >_>

Wow the ID is better than I thought though.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 09, 2009, 01:06:33 AM »
We were tossing these sealstone ideas around in chat.

Buff Reverse: All buffs and debuffs have their effects reversed for the wearer of this sealstone and can now be targetted on the ally or enemy team. Haste inflicts slow, PS4 Shift lowers attack, and Protect increases physical damage takne by 50%.  This effects all buffs the wearer of this sealstone inflicts and also all buffs they receive. Additionally abilities that inflict status effects now heal the status and spells like esuna inflict a status of the users choice from the user's game.

Damage Reverse: All damage the user of this sealstone inflicts or receives is reversed. Healing spells now do damage, attacks and damage spells now heal, revival inflicts ID, and ID skills revive. However, healing spells can only do a maximum of 50% of the targets max HP.  Status spells, buffs and debuffs are unaffected.   

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 10, 2009, 11:47:00 PM »
Having it apply to end results works. Just say HP, MP, Effective Speed, Damage +50%, Damage taken cut by 33% (Effective result of the defenses+50%. Doubles durability with the HP boost!), and raw evade and accuracy up 50% (Not like raw accuracy usually really needs a 50% boost!).

Hmm, this could still make some characters pretty monsterous (Like...Lyn. She's now fast, seriously pain inducing, durable even to ITE, laughs at things that aren't ITE, and if that crit rate doubles? Ouch) Yeah, I guess this still isn't quite perfect. Maybe just Speed/Base Damage/Defenses and maybe evade?

I should note that SSL should probably be the same since you go on raw stats...WA 2 characters lose 10% durability because lol WA 2 defense stats. CT characters lose a ridiculous amount (at endgame at least) because a 10% difference translates to something ridiculous (Robo losing 10% of his defense might translate to taking like 30% more damage, but comes out to more like 40% with that HP loss).

I guess we'll move the discussion here.

I personally would rather both stay as a multiplier, but maybe some sort of compromise can be worked out in regards to how it works. Anyway, the new "Body Charge" was going to be a 1.2x multiplier to stats +20% reduced damage taken and the cost increase would be the same.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 11, 2009, 01:55:31 AM »
Hmm, I guess the part I like about the other method is that is applies to everyone equally, which is cool. Of course, other seal stones work better with certain characters, but that was more because of characters innate stats, and not what games they came from.

Robo users strike now while you can and he halves magic compared to normal! (Before...well, the HP and extra damage cutting).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:58:57 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 12, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »
I want a Peppita w/th +50% damage from Power Dance > Faerie Friend/Dream Hammer :D Alternatively Buff Reverse on Power Dance is intruiging but might be more economical to stick the sealstone on someone with more than one buff even if it is MT.

Buff Reverse on Meru might be interesting? Rainbow Breath for MT Fear oh yes~

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 12, 2009, 06:55:54 PM »
Hmm, I guess the part I like about the other method is that is applies to everyone equally, which is cool. Of course, other seal stones work better with certain characters, but that was more because of characters innate stats, and not what games they came from.

Robo users strike now while you can and he halves magic compared to normal! (Before...well, the HP and extra damage cutting).

Well, while something that affects everyone the same is a bit more... normal, I kind of like the idea of one that has more unique effects depending on who might use it. I didn't really consider the RFX implications before, so I think 1.2x mults make things a bit less of an issue. The cost increase is still going to be the same, so those that can really use it won't really be able to be that much better.

Rand, for example, becomes even more of a tank. ...And is still slow as shit.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 23, 2009, 02:16:33 AM »
I came up with a list of when Terra gets her spells in the dungeon. Feel free to offer suggestions and changes.

Floor 1: Cure, Fire, Antidote
Floor 2: Drain, Life
Floor 3: Fire 2, Warp, gains Morph
Floor 4: Cure 2
Floor 5: Dispel
Floor 6: Fire 3
Floor 7: Life 2
Floor 8: Pearl, Break
Floor 9: Quarter
Floor 10: Merton, Ultima

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 23, 2009, 10:10:40 AM »
Posting so I don't forget. I had an idea for a team involving two 4.0s (Orlandu, Cecilia) but discovered I didn't have enough points. So I thought Aeonless Yuna or Celes instead.

Orlandu, AYuna/Celes, Peppita, Eiko, Meru
Buff Reverse (Peppita F2-F4/5 Power Dance reverse, Meru F4/5+ Rainbow Breath reverse (Fear), Eiko + Yuna/Celes various buff reverses depending (I'm thinking F1 if they have any and poss F7+ depending on various factors including actually managing to reach F7 >_>)

CT Reserves -
1#Team LoD - Albert/Dart/Rose/Meru/Sharanda (Current)
2#Team Moar Orlandu abuse - Orlandu/AYuna(Celes)/Peppita/Eiko/Meru
Buff Reverse?
3#Team Exploit- Lenneth/Chaz/Eiko/Peppita/Lise
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 02:23:32 AM by Clear Tranquil »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 26, 2009, 02:43:19 AM »
We were discussing Momo and Ryu with masters and enemy skills and one idea that came up was boosting Ryu 3 with masters to a 4.0 and Momo to a 3.5 and allowing them to transfer one skill per floor to another character. It can be fun, but also a bit headache inducing so we're posting the idea here to get some feedback.

Some general restrictions are
-Only one skill per floor and the skill has to be available on that floor
-The character has to have mp to use a skill that costs mp. So no fire emblem characters with Aura.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 26, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »
Might be interesting. Restricted to BoF characters or? I think Cloud giving materia skills to Aeris might be interesting too >_> I'll give further input on Ryu/Momo/etc and the overall idea you peeps came up when I have more time (weekend) =-)

Neph I was wondering because I forgot for the LoD team is everyone able to use items or just Sharanda? I was thinking everyone might be too broke but on the other hand dear god I only have one reviver (who already has revives w/th dragoon spells)~
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:30:05 PM by Clear Tranquil »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 26, 2009, 10:11:16 PM »
Every PC. It's not broke, as you're limited by LoD inventory size there.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...