imageRegister

Author Topic: Succinct Mafia - Game over  (Read 44550 times)

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Succinct Mafia - Game over
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:13:58 PM »
In true spirit of the game, there will be no witty flavor here. Just an impending sense of doom.

The game is over! Third-party (Kilga) wins!

----

Still Alive
1. Kilga, BULLETPROOF ANONYVOTER SURVIVOR THIRD-PARTY (winner)
2. Delta, VANILLA TOWNIE
3. Alex, VANILLA TOWNIE

Resting in Pieces
1. Corwin, VANILLA TOWNIE (modkilled Day 1)
2. Bardiche, CONDITIONAL ROLEBLOCKER SCUM (lynched Day 1)
3. Excal, TOWN COP (nightkilled Night 1)
4. Ciato, GODFATHER SCUM (lynched Day 2)
5. Dread Thomas, VANILLA TOWNIE (lynched Day 3)
6. Soppy, TOWN DOCTOR (nightkilled Night 3)
7. Rat, TOWN WATCHER & CONDITIONAL VIGILANTE (lynched Day 4)
8. El Cid, VANILLA TOWNIE (lynched Day 5) (end of game)

----

Rules of the Game
- Do not exceed the general area of 300 words on your posts.
- Do not post consecutively aside from errors in your previous post or to clarify something you feel is critical.
- No editing your posts.
- No talking outside the thread about the game, unless your role specifically states that you may.
- No posting during game nights.
- No spectator posts. Period.
- Don't directly quote your role PM. This will result in a modkill.
- Vote using ##Vote: name and ##Unvote: name (with the bold). I will ignore all other formats.
- PLAY TO WIN.
- There may or may not be third parties.
- There will be no extensions barring a 30-minute autoextend granted on the last post. Don't abuse this.
- LYLO and potential LYLO will be announced. There will be no time limit on LYLO days.
- There are roles in this game. This is a closed setup.
- There may or may not be 'scripted sequences' of events that change the rules of the game and things like that.
- Town must lynch. If there is a deadlock at deadline, the Hatbot will decide. You have been warned. Autoextend should resolve this from ever happening but still.
- Modkills may result in an instant end of the day phase depending on circumstances and subject to my discretion. Modkills are bad for the game and potentially for both sides. Please don't make them happen.
- All days will be 48 hours. There will be a Night 0.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:51:54 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
Re: Succinct Mafia - Game start (Day 1)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »
Let the game begin. I for one think that we should roleclaim as well as jokevote.

BARDICHE! I CHOOSE YOU!
##VOTE: BARDICHE
Do I really look like I have a clue?

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
Let's start.  Given that Rat is always scum and I have no reason to disbelive.          ##Vote: Carthrat.[\b]

Bardiche

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:13 PM »
Sooner or later, he'll make us do this anyway! I want to be the first in on this so I am not band wagoning!

##VOTE: EvilTom

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »
As for my roleclaim, I am a vanilla townie.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »
The Alex I know would've voted by now.

##Vote: Sir Alex

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »
He'd also have voted Delta.  dude, what's with the P1 claim and fishing?

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 08:27:08 PM »
Wow, this game has gotten off to a weird start.

REGARDLESS, IT'S A (CANADIAN) TRAP

##VOTE: Excal

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 08:27:58 PM »
It wasnt intended as rolefishing, and the claim was a jokevote... You know, same as you voted for carthrat? The roleclaim was simply because it is the truth. Why would you argue with a person who has made an action just the same as you disregarding the the roleclaim? Its almost as if you are trying to sow doubt already...

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 09:13:18 PM »
So was the claim joking or truth?  It can't be both.  And the differance between joke vote and claim is that one can be retracted and the other cannot.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 09:23:55 PM »
sorry, musta got the words wrong.

Role claim = truth

jokevote = well... joke

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 09:32:29 PM »
Heidely ho, duellerinos! It's a bright and shiny day here in Virginia, and I for one could not be more disappointed about this fact. The Cid does not care for summer. The Cid wants glum, drizzly days! However, I will not let my displeasure affect my voting! No, sir. Instead, I will

##Vote: Delta

for roleclaiming day one, something that always looks odd even in jest.

~

Muppy sez: Remember, kids, don't vote in anger. It's what the scummies want!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »
My scum sense is tingling, and it points me towards Ciato!

##Vote: Ciato

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 12:39:15 AM »
##Vote: Delta for rolefishing on day one and claiming vanilla thus implying he has no particular reason to want a massclaim to go down since a vanilla townie would have no special information to work with here that might indicate many roleclaims = good strat.

Also!

Quote from: Delta
I for one think that we should roleclaim as well as jokevote.

Quote from: Delta
It wasnt intended as rolefishing...

Well it sure looked like it to me! Everyone who didn't talk about these weird actions after the fact is, themselves, weird, and should talk about it.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 01:16:33 AM »
Hello.  I'm not going to jokevote.  Day 1 sucks.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 01:57:59 AM »
What's up, Alex? No reaction to someone roleclaiming vanilla in the first page of the game? That's not the Alex I know!

And now we await the inevitable explosion.

~

Muppy sez: Don't taunt your friends, kids. This are serious Mafia.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 02:16:03 AM »
In general, I try to be lenient with new players since it takes a while to adjust to the style of Mafia here…

…But.

Rolefishing is pretty much the lamest thing ever, and then trying to adamantly deny that you were rolefishing when there is pretty much no ifs, ands, ors, or buts about saying "Everyone roleclaim now, it'll be wonderful~" and then proceed to dish out the fundamentally useless vanilla townie roleclaim. In general, knowing all this happy fun information just gives the forces of evil something to work with, and I wish instead of denying that you took on this mindset that you'd explain the reasoning behind it. As is you have told the enemy "No, don't worry about killing me I'm useless anyway", sowed doubt in the hearts of townies, and what benefit have we drawn from this aside from annoyance?
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 02:31:31 AM »
Delta is a liability because this rolefishing business is going to stay in everyone's minds, and in the absence of other factors he'd be a good first lynch on that basis alone.  Realistically, though, this is coming too early for me to see it as part of a scum play, and with 11 on board we can't afford to mislynch.  Pegging him as town for now.  (To Delta:  No offense intended.  Please read more and think about why immediate roleclaims are a bad idea.)

No leads on anyone else so far.  Surprised Excal prodded Delta twice instead of voting him, but not willing to vote on that yet.  Day 1 sucks.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 03:02:38 AM »
What's up, Alex? No reaction to someone roleclaiming vanilla in the first page of the game? That's not the Alex I know!

Get your own material. *shakefist*

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 03:12:48 AM »
Excal (1): Ciato
Ciato (1): Soppy
El Cid (0):
Soppy (0):
Kilga (0):
Rat (1): Excal
Delta (2): El Cid, Rat
Alex (1): Kilga
Bardiche (1): Delta
Corwin (0):
Dread Thomas (1): Bardiche

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 05:31:03 AM »
Bizarre behaviour warrants my vote;

I see no reason to make excuses when this isn't Delta's first game here. I also don't see how blatant rolefishing and roleclaiming a post later can give a town read. Somebody playing badly can be playing scum badly just as much as playing town badly; I'm surprised you can get a positive town read from this, Alex. I certainly don't, and I don't want to risk dismissing this without a vote.
##Vote: Delta

Ps. Bardiche, you say things that do hurt me so :(
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Bardiche

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 08:29:44 AM »
... Somehow I foresaw this turn of events the moment Delta called for a roleclaim. It'd be a wonderful way to catch scum, in a world where no one tells lies and everyone happily holds hands.

But yeah, things just don't work that way. I do think we're jumping on a Day 1 lynch a bit too fast, or maybe that's because we've had unlimited day phases the last time and actually have a time limit to work with now.

However, I'm not convinced of Delta being a good lynch target based on three posts alone, being basically, "Let's roleclaim!" "I'm Vanilla!" "What? But you were joke voting, too, and roleclaiming's useful!"
... Could it be he genuinely believes a mass roleclaim is the answer to success? Like Alex, I instead find Delta to be more town-ish than scum-ish, albeit a bad town. He just feels completely unaware of what he was doing, and ignorance shouldn't be grounds to lynch immediately.

PS: I love you, really, Tom~

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 10:12:07 AM »
Alex, two reasons for my lack of vote.

One, was posting via cell phone.  No space bar, so no real formatting.  Hence, no real desire to change vote.  Two was I wanted to be a little more sure before changing my vote.  No need to always be aggressive, yes?  And, there were questions that needed asking.  Curious, I find it.  You see in him a townie, yet you still have no questions?  We need to talk, we need to have something to go on, and yet you don't want to know why he did what he did.

Thoughts:

Delta: Still hasn't explained why he roleclaimed, or why he wanted others to.  Attacked me when called on his actions.  Only solid fact that roleclaim is supposedly true.  Answer why you did this, please.

Alex: Why no questions?  Might agree with thoughts Re: Delta, but lack of inquiry is unsettling.  Especially on Day 1.

Rat: Agreed with for last line.  Why did some ignore this when it's a common scum trait?  Though...  something feels off here, not sure what.  Will watch.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »
For the record, stuff has progressed pretty much as I figured it would: couple people are going for the 'delta is a newbie' angle, others reject that. Typical d1 sentiment goes here.

I think a key point that hasn't received enough attention (despite my efforts!) is that Delta claimed what he was doing wasn't intended as rolefishing when it seems obvious that it was. The two people mainly plugging the 'bad town' angle don't seem to have covered this, and I'd like them to (that's you, Alex, Bardiche) as well as have a response from Delta about his original intentions, too.

In any case, I think that whatever else you call Delta's actions, they are not indicative of pro-town behaviour. Assuming you treat his moves as borne merely out of ignorance, it shifts the balance not at all, leading me to question his defenders. Still the best looking lynch I can see.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »
Excal:  Cell phone understandable.

Questions about what?  Nothing has happened except for jokevotes and Delta and I don't think the Delta issue is a good basis for any lynch right now.  We aren't even on page 2.  Tom hadn't even posted at the time and Corwin STILL hasn't.  

I don't have anything else to say about Delta, he is quite transparent and I find it impossible to work with that style of play.  Ninja edit for Rat:  I think he was playing only for himself and simply did not think about the consequences of the rest of the game following his lead.  The fact that "Hey if we all roleclaim, we'll know who has roles!" did not seem to occur to him until it was explained. 

I am not strictly opposed to policy lynching everyone who plays this way in every game, but that does result in long strings of town losses and I have been told people hate me for it.

One thing that does tip my radar here is that Excal accepts Delta's claim as a solid fact.  That is not a good move, in my experience newbies who call for instant claims and say vanilla often have a role themselves and are looking for someone to use it on.  I say this without being concerned about possibly outing Delta because A. it is WIFOM either way as long as he doesn't talk about it (DON'T TALK ABOUT IT) and B. the scum will definitely have thought of this possibility already, guaranteed and C. if he does have a role he's already blown its usefulness because of B and his own lying about it.  

I am not sure this is scummy on Excal's part either and it is again based on Delta issue.  It is odd, though.

I dislike Bard's playstyle.

That is all.