Author Topic: Succinct Mafia - Game over  (Read 45177 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Succinct Mafia - Game start (Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2008, 09:53:34 AM »
Defense: The case against me is that I am not taking strong stands, because my present mood is detached and inquisitive as opposed to gung-ho and aggressive.  And that I do not know who to aim for.  If my previous words did not do the trick, then there's little need to waste more now.  So, I acknowledge them, say I disagree with that assessment, and move on.  By the way, Ciato.  There were only two votes on Delta when you posted.  Where was your gusto?

Now, as to who I'm looking at, there's Ciato, Kilga, Bard, Delta, and Rat.

Delta is the one I'm least suspicious of, but...  I can't help but feel that we're being played somehow.  Regardless, low priority.

Ciato/Rat.  These two...  their posts read clean, but something about them is definatly pinging my scumdar.

Finally, Bard and Kilga.

Kilga doesn't have much going on until page 3.  In fact, his only contribution to that point is claiming not to find rolefishing offensive.  On page 3, argues that only town voted for Delta (something he himself did not do, is he telling us something?) and claims odds, despite it being more likely the scum would split their votes so the lynch would tell us nothing.  Or, y'know, just go organically so long as one of their own isn't on the block.  Or even do an early sacrifice to give townie cred to the remainder.  Honestly, it feels more like Kilga's trying to direct our eyes somewhere where there may be nothing to find. 

Bardiche has been covering for Delta, and that worries me.  Has also attacked folks who've been harder on Delta before erupting when Alex answered a question as to why he disliked Bard.  Best case.

##Unvote: Rat, ##Vote: Bardiche

Rat Edit: I explain things, it's what I do.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »
Excal (2): Ciato, Kilga
Ciato (0): Soppy, Kilga
El Cid (2): Soppy, Rat
Soppy (0):
Kilga (0):
Rat (0): Excal
Delta (1): El Cid, Rat, Dread Thomas, Alex
Alex (1): Kilga, Bardiche
Bardiche (2): Delta, Alex, Excal
Dread Thomas (0): Bardiche

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Due to my inability to find a replacement and with deadline so near, Corwin has been modkilled. His flip will be revealed at end of day.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:46:52 AM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »
Well, if there is two scum, the smart thing to do would be to jump on a train. However, since there is three trains, they may be already on one of them. Im not accusing anyone (yet) but in my mind right now are the people on the three trains.
Do I really look like I have a clue?

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »
Smart for who, Delta?  The scum?  Or town?

If you mean scum, then no, no it would not.  Sure, they might accomplish something, but two random people dogpiling out of nowhere to get a last second lynch kinda draws eyes.  Doing it earlier is likely to get them killed and ensure that the person in question does not get lynched.

Also, I wasn't aware that two people on a target constituted a train.  Especially when we're getting close to eight hours left in the day territory.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2008, 10:36:34 AM »
Well, if there is two scum, the smart thing to do would be to jump on a train. However, since there is three trains, they may be already on one of them. Im not accusing anyone (yet) but in my mind right now are the people on the three trains.

Thank you.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
It would be smart for scum, sorry. Damn I keep forgetting to preview my posts.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »
Well, in my view anyway... it would allow them to have two targets. Things we should watch for now are people swapping from the people with 2 votes to other people with two votes, thus starting a train. However, it will be hard to know since innocents may do that as well.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2008, 11:27:16 AM »
I love you.  Let us run away together to a desert island.  There, we can tell the truth to each other night and day, and day 1 will never come between us.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »
I'm frightened...

Hold me?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2008, 11:31:33 AM »
NO!

My love is for Deltaflyer2k8 posts: 51.  (Soon to be posts: 52.  I hope!)

You cannot come between us.

NO ONE CAN.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »
And thus you conclude that, given the person x taking the action y, person x may be either scum or town.

BRILLIANCE

I will admit that I am completely flummoxed at this point. I have a kneejerk impulse to lynch Delta, it's still there, I still think he's worse than Cid (not only are his points... pointless, but they don't even address specific actions or people in the game!). I don't think he's going to get any better or give any clearer indications to his alignment than we have already. I think if he's still around he'll keep up a constant patter of meaningless statements oh god alex what are you doing I was trying to avoid being so deliciously cruel

screw it LYNCH DELTA ALREADY THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE WE MUST DO THIS YOU ALL KNOW WHY ##Unvote, ##Vote Delta
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »
NO!

No, Rat.  You are the demons.

And then Delta was a zombie.

Seriously don't lynch him he's 99.9% sure town.  Yes leaving him alive means we lose, but oh well, we lost this one in signups.  We might as well try.  I think Bard and Cid are most likely to be scum at the moment and an Excal or Kilga lynch would give tasty information.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »
W...t...f...

I think Alex could be a jester if there is jesters allowed in this game. Either that or he is bored already... Also, Carthrat, i dont see you providing much information either about people having made only 3 posts in this game.

Anyways. Just to alert you guys, due to school starting today, I will not be as active as i was in the last 24 hours. Just thought you should know so that im not accused of lurking or anything.

I dont currently see any evidence against Bardiche, all he has done is a little meta-analysis and basically generalizing stuff we already know.

El Cid- Not quite sure where i stand with him, Has made some weird posts but has contributed quite a bit.

Alex- Could be scummy, certainly looks strange right now, Maybe jester?

Excal - Mostly neutral with excal. Not too sure either way.

Ciato- No probs here, i do think ciato is genuine town.

Kilga - mostly playing a bit too succinct for me. Also, mostly neutral

Rat- Made a sudden outburst just then, maybe trying to re-start a train or something? One to watch i think.

Others- not enough posts to really conclude anything.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2008, 01:53:30 PM »
Delta's saved himself for me, with that series of posts. For today at least.

Cid, thanks for the rebuttal, but you still haven't put forth very much in the way of anything.

Bard still seems to be arguing in circles despite his vote.

The Alex and Delta guy love is disturbing.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »
Ngh. I don't think things will improve, and the way I see it, either we ignore Delta pretty much forever, or we lynch him now. I prefer to lynch rather than ignore people, it's that simple. He might actually be a Jester and I'm seriously considering that...

...but I nonetheless think that's ridiculously unlikely. Still, that's the only real reason I can come up with to not lynch him right now, and wonder if others agree on that count.

If we don't lynch Delta, I say we lynch Cid for reasons I outlined earlier in this thread.

Sopko, are you actually suggesting that Delta's half-hearted List'o'dudes (which doesn't feature a solid attack or stance, which has stuff factually wrong, which doesn't qualify his thoughts with reference or evidence, and which has opinions that, in my view at least, are simply untrue, such as Cid contributing a lot) somehow clears him in any way, shape or form? Why?

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »
No, his flash of clear thinking and logic on this page does. It's worth noting for later, but it keeps me from going after him today when I've been on Cid.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2008, 02:06:56 PM »
Dare I ask for you to quote the relevant segment(s)?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »
Dread Thomas appeared to shoot down a lot of what Alex said about Delta, yet kept a vote on him. I don't know what to make of that, please explain?
Yeah, I ran out of words, and couldn't explain it.
And to alex: "too many words" meant 'I've used too many words (and I have none left)'. Not 'there are too many words'.
I felt that Alex's dodgy flip-flop behaviour wasn't enough to justify a vote change away from Bard (who had by contrast been acting blatantly anti-town).
And even if I did want to vote for Alex I didn't have enough words left to fully explain it.
But given the circumstances, I felt it was better to stay on Bard.

<->

Corwin has been officially modkilled, and time is ticking. Unlike previous games with unlimited timers (which I've grown used to) we have to keep an eye on the clock.
I can't do the maths properly, but I figure we're around the half way point by now, so it's around time to start narrowing things down.
Excal, El Cid, and Bard are all leading on measly 2 votes each. Personally I don't think we should so easily let Delta off the hook, but consensus is moving towards those three. Unless anyone is going to get back on the Delta train, I'm going to move my vote onto one of them, because missing the lynch deadline is the worst we can do.

//Rat Ninja//

Right, I'm happy with a Delta lynch. Failing that, I'd also like to lynch Cid, but for different reasons than the Rat says. I agree with sidelining, and reading through Cid's posts amazed me as to how little he commented on the actual issues. It's mostly posts about what WIFOM stands for etc.

< 300 {THIS IS SPARTA}
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2008, 02:12:06 PM »
Crap, I meant Delta* not Bard

...really should proof-read.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2008, 02:15:15 PM »
Rat-chan, are you still seriously trying to get my life partner Delta2k8 Posts: 52 (YESSS!) lynched?
Do you think he is actually scum?
If so, why?

In the meantime I must sail the sea with him, to a faraway land where everyone is scum or maybe not.

5-ish hours to deadline, people, let's get moving..  As previously stated I'm down with Bard or Cid.  Excal falls into my second tier with Kilga, I think he is less likely to be scum based on his actions at the start of the day.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »
Holy crap, 5 hours? I thought we had.. 20ish. Ok, I suck at time-zone-figuring-out.

I'm against a Bard lynch, his behaviour matches previous games, he hasn't said anything scummy, he looks town, etc.
I'm happy to leave my vote on Delta or go after Cid, BUT can we please choose ASAP 'cos I want to go to sleep. I have work in the morning *grumbles*

looking at the numbers, it looks like Cid is the go. Anyone else want to weigh in on this? Against Cid? Pro-Excal?

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »
However, since there is three trains, they may be already on one of them. Im not accusing anyone (yet) but in my mind right now are the people on the three trains.

Well, in my view anyway... it would allow them to have two targets. Things we should watch for now are people swapping from the people with 2 votes to other people with two votes, thus starting a train. However, it will be hard to know since innocents may do that as well.

May or may not be true, of course, but he's merely stating this and not using it as an argument for a vote (which he does need to do). I'm not going to be ignoring Delta forever, like you seem to think people will. But you have to choose someone. Unless Delta really tips his hand or adequate evidence for someone else comes up, I'm sticking to Cid for now.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »
Agree w/Sopko re: El Cid.  I didn't really realize he'd failed to vote anyone but Delta.  "As much as I care to say about it right now" - what?

Because I don't live for Mafia; I'm not on the board 24/7 and had other things to do. Really all there is to it and you're making too much out of the statement.

Two scum is obvious from the player count and the fact that this is not high-role.  Not sure why there is controversy here.

Never considered it controversial myself, just a pointless sideline that failed to address the actual question directed at Kilga.

FoS:  Cid for not voting.

Ciato and Tom have also only voted once. The fact is that it's day one and I haven't been solidly convinced of anyone's guilt. Decided to only stick someone with a vote when I'm sure it'll do some good. Ciato plays this way every game and it's rather irksome that I'm suddenly being called out on it.

Bard playstyle stuff.

Augh. The trouble with this, Alex, is that it leads you to the same conclusions every time, and relying on it overly much can blind you to the specifics of a particular game. (Sorta like you setting off my scumdar every single game I play with you). Also, you want to quit putting the actual content of your posts in tiny print? It's annoying.

~

Right, I'm happy with a Delta lynch. Failing that, I'd also like to lynch Cid, but for different reasons than the Rat says. I agree with sidelining, and reading through Cid's posts amazed me as to how little he commented on the actual issues. It's mostly posts about what WIFOM stands for etc.

Oh, come on. That's blatant misrepesentation. I spent all of one paragraph talking about WIFOM, in direct response to Delta asking about it.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »
And, because we're nearing the deadline:

##Vote: Delta

Reasons?

A: It's obviously my best course of action to see that someone else gets lynched (I know I'm town, blah blah blah). This is pretty much Mafia 101 and he's one of the only other players who stands a chance of getting a majority vote (there's also Excal, but I don't really see a case against him).

B: Initial rolefishing weirdness. I hate going after newbies just for doing things we don't expect, but that was definitely odd.

C: He's been all over the place for the last page or so, and there's been so much discussion surrounding him that I consider this the most informative lynch we could make if we turn out to be wrong about his alignment.

Bardiche

« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
Re: Alex

I always play this way. I often summarize what we/I already know and then agree or disagree. Why this has suddenly become worrisome is beyond me, and if my playstyle is all you have on me then I'll not waste further post space to arguing this.

Re: Rat

Point taken. I assume it be obvious too much. Jumping rapidly from one to another target makes it feel like one has a very crumbly basis for pushing for lynch. Getting off a ship at the drop of a coin feels like trying to see where you can and cannot garner support. And that is why I voiced dissent for that course of action. Sorry for being too succinct on that matter, I need to learn to state things more to the point.

Re: Vote

Alex's thought of train which I had previously not given response to portrays he voted Delta "out of frustration" and then proceeded to throw the vote on Corwin, and then on me. His "small font" messages right now are, first off, annoying, and further confuse me since he continues to press that "Delta is 99.9% town" or something similar. It further confuses me on why in the bloody hell he voted Delta to begin with, because "frustration" seems an unconventional motive given past motivations for lynching people.

Re: Delta

Still don't see him as scum. Maybe because I know him on a personal level and don't see him as crafty. Last game he didn't last to Day 2; I at least want to grant him that enjoyment this time around.

Vote stays on Alex for his dodgy behaviour from before and continued... Weird behaviour this page around.