Author Topic: Succinct Mafia - Game over  (Read 45200 times)

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
Re: Succinct Mafia - Game start (Day 3)
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2008, 10:01:44 PM »
LYLO is not until the day after tommorrow assuming we dont catch the killer and they kill someone. Then it will be... 3 people. Probably two townies but it's not quaranteed at this rate. I doubt there will be more than 3 scum in a total group of 11.
Do I really look like I have a clue?

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2008, 10:02:37 PM »
Delta: Don't fly off the handle about the anonyvote. Most likely it is tied to you, since you were the last one to vote on Ciato, but I don't have much explanation for why it didn't show up earlier. Possibly it only kicks if you put someone at minus one to hammer, but that's just speculation. There are roles that have multiple votes, and the extra votes generally show up in the count as Anonymous. Did your role PM state anything helpful in this regard? (Note: don't quote your role PM. >.> Paraphrase for us). If it just said you were vanilla, then I have no idea what was up with that.

However, it caught us scum, so no complaints on my part.

As for roleclaiming, I've already said I'm vanilla. My main suspect at the moment is Sopko, with Rat/Kilga/Tom some ways behind him, and Alex/Delta pretty much a nonissue.

~

Muppy sez: Mmm...cheese...

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »
The main reason I am looking at Tom over Sopko is that I think Soppy would have led a scum team differently.  Bard and Ciato both really fell to pieces when pressured and didn't seem to have much in the way of plans.  They played like they weren't counting on a third member for support.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »
I am vanilla townie, Cid. I did state this is day one... Without realising it was fish instead of claim...

Also, maybe there isnt another scum but a loner that wants to kill, A seirial killer as it were.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2008, 10:29:36 PM »
Also, maybe there isnt another scum but a loner that wants to kill, A seirial killer as it were.

I'd considered a third-party player, but there haven't been any extra kills to demonstrate an SK's presence. Also, looking for a lone, self-aligned player is practically impossible. At least with a third scum player we can compare everyone's behavior with Bard and Ciato to find them, so I'll opt to consider the scenario we can actually do something with.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2008, 10:34:55 PM »
However unlikely it is, It is a possibility that we must consider. Unfortunate as it is, if that is the case, i am sure we will go into LYLO

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2008, 10:49:37 PM »
El Cid (0):
Soppy (0):
Kilga (0):
Rat (1): Soppy
Delta (0):
Alex (0):
Dread Thomas (1): Alex

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2008, 11:21:05 PM »
Perhaps scum decided not to kill the first two times. It is unlikely though. I am inclined to beleive you, Cid but i just have this feeling... Will elaborate in the morning after a good nights sleep.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 06, 2008, 12:06:43 AM »
After many turbulent thoughts, I'll buy into the claim.

I'm a Town Doctor. Last night I protected Alex. Night 1 I protected Ciato, on the basis that I felt scum would go after someone quiet who would've attracted little attention. Right idea, wrong person.

With this though, I really want Alex to give more explanation on how exactly he found scum. I think I see your reasoning, but I want to hear what you have to say.

Why do I hear Admiral Ackbar in the background? >.>

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2008, 01:53:52 AM »
That is precisely what I wanted to hear from Sopko (and one of the big reasons I haven't gone after him so much).

Not sure what you're asking for from me, though.  I have been simply employing my usual strategy, refined a bit. 

Bard, I won't lie, was partially luck and gut.  He attracted my attention because the journalism style is bad (and this is exactly WHY it's bad, it's far too easy for scum to hide behind it if no one calls them on it).  REALLY attracted me when he made that one post painting me as pushing for a Delta lynch and then doubled back on it while complaining about my attacks on his style, and no one called him on his doubling back except me.  Cid put together a good last minute defense, so I pressured Bard instead to see what would happen.  He collapsed, as scum do under good pressure.

Day 2 I was looking for someone flustered and coming out with a weird case, as I imagined scum would be and do.  "I can't BELIEVE that happened to us yesterday, are you serious?" was the mindset I was looking for.  Ciato fit.  Pressured her, collapsed again.

I am vanilla townie.

Can anyone explain Anonyvote?

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2008, 02:25:58 AM »
Alex: Don't want to claim on the grounds that it will not help people work out anything today, 100% guaranteed, your threats don't scare me. Mysterious mystery is better. I believe it is still too early for a massclaim in general. Also, did you get attacked last night?

I am likewise suspicious of Dread Thomas, but I don't actually have much in the way of associative tells to go with on him being part of a Bard/Ciato/Tom scumteam. It's more a question of what seems like simple laziness to investigate on his part; I particularly point to the end of day two, where he goes "Time's running out, let's make the most of it", but didn't seem to really lay down anything substantial himself.

Sopko: It would've been a significantly more optimal scum strategy for Ciato and scum-me to duke it out with a big ol' fight, or at the very least play the 'I'm saving my skin' card- at the end of the day, whoever lived wouldn't really gain or lose any (more) credit. I was in fact hoping for a switch to you (which should've been pretty obvious anyway), which is why I didn't jump on her.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 06, 2008, 02:58:23 AM »
Bzzt wrong answer.

##Unvote: Tom
##Vote: Rat

I was NOT attacked last night.

I strongly recommend that we lynch Rat today, barring an extremely good explanation of his actions.

I have nothing further to add until and unless the super power roles come out of the closet because the game is down to them now.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2008, 03:03:19 AM »
Are you actually forcing me to drag the reason for voting me out of you?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2008, 03:09:03 AM »
Well

You could just look at the reasons Sopko gave for voting you.

As well as the reasons everyone gave for making you the #2 suspect yesterday.

You've had an oddly low presence all game and what presence you have had has been devoted to things like seriously pushing a Delta lynch and absolutely obsessing over your bizzare "Excal investigated me, I'm sure, but he must have been insane" theory. 

The acceptable answer and the roleclaim I was looking for was "I am obsessed with Excal being the insane cop because I'm the sane cop."

The alternative answer is "I am the last scum, didn't really communicate well with my teammates, and now I'm panicked and trying to set up a role gambit."

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2008, 03:10:44 AM »
Oh and FYI I am pretty sure Excal investigated either me or Ciato (and received town in either case).

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2008, 03:13:22 AM »
Oh and FY further I with a doc claim already on the table the massclaim ship has kind of flown. 

In the (unlikely) event you do have some extremely wacky role that can explain stuff, you might as well lay it out and help us win today or tomorrow or you should be voting Sopko if you think he's lying.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2008, 03:14:31 AM »
PS refusing to claim and not voting Sopko further implicates you as scum if that wasn't clear.

MULTI POST DRIFTING WOOO

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2008, 03:23:18 AM »
I don't understand what gambit Alex is alluding to... but I started yesterday's train on Rat so I refer to all my previous reasons if you doubt my vote.
And also, with only 1 scum left then it is not too early for roleclaim unless you're hiding something from the town.

##Vote: Rat

(Leaves him at -1)

BTW. I am le vanilla town.

PS. Alex why does not voting for Sop after refusing to claim = scum? Do you mean that unless you're Doc you should have nothing to hide? I think that's what you mean.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2008, 03:25:03 AM »
El Cid (0):
Soppy (0):
Kilga (0):
Rat (3): Soppy, Alex, Dread Thomas
Delta (0):
Alex (0):
Dread Thomas (0): Alex

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2008, 03:31:26 AM »
Well
There is one scum left, and we have a pretty small pool of suspects already.
Sopko claimed doctor.
If he is telling the truth, that means Sopko is going to die tonight, unless scum feel like taking chances on someone else (and even if they do, Soppy can protect anyone of his choice if they have an obviously winning power role).
That means there's no reason for any townie NOT to roleclaim now, so that we can figure out the role setup and end the game today or tomorrow.

Unless Sopko is lying.
In which case he should be lynched.

I am not really seeing a third possibility here.

Unless you are scum and not thinking things through, which I think is what is going on with Rat.

The fact that I was not attacked last night is curious, but as Rat and I jointly invented the no-kill scum gambit, and the mod confirms scum are allowed to not kill, I am suspecting that might be what is going down here.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2008, 03:39:59 AM »
Okay, I'll bite. Considering that there are two scum down already and that there cannot possibly be more than one left, I see no reason for Town to not openly pool its resources at this point in time. Saying it's too early rings hollow. Even if we're wrong, we have at least one more day, so I'll trust in Alex's crazy mindreading powers for now.

Announcing intent to hammer unless anyone has any final comments. I'll give it fifteen minutes.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2008, 03:42:02 AM »
I wasn't voting Soppy because I wanted to find out whether he was a doctor for real or not, i.e. get your opinion seeing as you LIVED and are a PRIME TARGET and he TARGETED YOU FOR SAVING. Apparently. I would like to ask why you believe him, though.

As things stand? You want my roleclaim? YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY ROLECLAIM. I'm not a sane cop, sadly, but I'm a Watcher/Conditional Vigilante. I watch you in your sleep and can choose to shoot anyone who shows up targeting you. I watched Corwin on night zero (nothing!), Alex on night one (nothing!) and Cid on night two (nothing!) and didn't really want to claim because I can't substantiate it.

I was hoping Sopko would be shown to be a doctor by you, and that I could teeter along without getting lynched. I figured I wouldn't get NK'd tonight. If Sopko's claim was to be believed, he'd almost certainly get shot himself and I could watch him and kill whoever targets him.

Why would a no-kill gambit even be a good idea for scum right now, Alex?

Hesitant on voting because I'm stuck between DT and Sopko, but Cid forces me to post this right now.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2008, 03:46:59 AM »
Oh and FYI I am pretty sure Excal investigated either me or Ciato (and received town in either case).

For the record, I'm pretty sure Excal investigated me. I can't see any other reason he'd say something like the below quote after the day one I ran:

As for Cid, I've actually been getting fairly townie vibes from him.  Maybe not playing that hard because he's also doing other things, and hasn't really got a clue as to where to go.  But I've generally found him to be one of the more consistent folks.  So, the only way I'm going to vote for him is if it's him or me.

~

Muppy edit: Ninjarat. The claim's rather exotic, but seems to fit what we've seen elsewhere in this game. It is conveniently unprovable, however. And I have to ask: why watch me?

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2008, 03:50:02 AM »
Ciato was scum and on your case. Half the reason she got lynched was because she was on top of you and you came out of day one looking pretty good. It was a tossup between you and Alex for most-cleared-townie i.e. most-likely-NK to me at that point.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2008, 03:52:56 AM »
Errands suck. Now it seems like I don't even need to be in bed for interesting shit to go down.

Cid, how much additional time are you giving Rat now that he has claimed? I can roleclaim right now if Alex/whoever else wants me to, but if you're still going to lynch Rat, I could wait until Day 4 on the chance Rat flips Town (if he flips scum it would be academic anyway) because I doubt scum would come after me tonight.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"