Register

Author Topic: Succinct Mafia - Game over  (Read 45156 times)

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
Re: Succinct Mafia - Game start (Day 3)
« Reply #325 on: September 06, 2008, 06:03:23 AM »
I believe a third party, not scum is at work. This is because a lone scum could've just killed me and dropped the game to four-man LYLO, which naturally gives him the best odds. They wouldn't kill someone else because that would leave them vulnerable to getting sniped by me even if they don't get lynched during the following night.

I don't think it's possible for Cid to be this party, since he would've had every reason to go for the plan rather than sit on me.

That leaves Delta, Alex, and Kilga. Delta I believe was responsible for anonyvote via accident, and it would be foolish to have revealed such a vote in any case just to hurry a Ciato lynch through.

Alex has mostly looked good all game because he's been hunting scum, but if he's a third party with some weird win condition then he has every reason to push for a mass roleclaim (to ID remaining threats) and possibly every reason to hunt scum anyway.

Kilga didn't argue against this plan when the opportunity was given (and he could have!). Bulletproof might as well be vanilla anyway. If I get my way, we'd lynch Alex now and Kilga later. I do not see Kilga just happily going to his death here. ##Vote: Alex

Hinges upon suddenly being willing to let me go, which I doubt, but it's worth a shot.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Succinct Mafia - Game start (Day 4)
« Reply #326 on: September 06, 2008, 06:07:55 AM »
Rat would you kindly just hammer yourself so we can get this over with one way or another

If you're scum you're just dragging things out
If you're town I want to hurry up and hurt Laggy

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 06, 2008, 06:10:49 AM »
No, Atlas. Or should I say FONTAINE
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 06, 2008, 06:16:43 AM »
You know, I was even starting to doubt myself and suspect Cid or Delta.
Both of which are much more logical choices than a third party in an 11 man game with a win condition that calls for them to help town and hunt scum.
You really are not even trying.
:V

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #329 on: September 06, 2008, 06:17:28 AM »
Oh God ##Unvote: Rat

I hadn't even considered third-party Alex.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 06, 2008, 06:19:47 AM »
El Cid (0):
Kilga (0):
Rat (1): Kilga, Alex
Delta (0):
Alex (1): Rat

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 06, 2008, 06:20:23 AM »
This is ridiculous but I am bored and hate this game so I'll play along.

Third party what exactly.

With what win condition.

That would lead to me playing in what way.

And what makes you suspect this over someone else being scum.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 06, 2008, 06:21:10 AM »
No.

I can't see third-party Alex gunning for scum on Day 2 after getting one lynched on Day 1 and not killing anyone the next night. That would be insanity.

##Vote: Rat

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 06, 2008, 06:22:11 AM »
The radio crackles.

"Rat (TOWN WATCHER & CONDITIONAL VIGILANTE), would you kindly get stepped on by a Big Daddy" (lynched)

Day 4 Final Votecount
El Cid (0):
Kilga (0):
Rat (3): Kilga, Alex, Kilga, Anonymous
Delta (0):
Alex (1): Rat

Day 4 has ended! Send in Night 4 actions.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2008, 06:23:17 AM »
Zzz.

Day 5 has started! There is no deadline. You are in LYLO.

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Good luck.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 06, 2008, 06:25:20 AM »
Sup Kilga
Got anything you want to say about that Anonymous vote?

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »
Only that it's gotta be you that has it.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2008, 06:27:32 AM »
Certainly not.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Succinct Mafia - Game start (Day 5)
« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2008, 06:29:10 AM »
Well, I know it isn't me.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 06, 2008, 06:34:46 AM »
So
Kilga is lying and is Scum Conditional Doublevoter, which makes sense as it balances out the otherwise odd role set (town has a cop and a doctor and a BP and a conditional watch/vig vs scum "conditional" RB and GF?)  

--OR--

Cid is scum with an anonymous vote he can apply whenever he feels like it and left insane conditional instructions.  I don't think so.  If nothing else he could have claimed the vote to get out of trouble day 1.

--OR--

Delta is scum with an anonymous vote sitting around and playing everyone for fools.  This is so awesome that I'm willing to lose to it if it is true.

##Vote: Kilga

--OR-- for people who aren't me

The role setup really is like the above and I am either scum who hounded his partners off day 1 and 2 or some wacky and unexplained third party.

Judge for yourselves which is most likely.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 06, 2008, 06:44:05 AM »
Well hey, as long as we're metagaming, you realize that you're proposing an 8/3 setup where all three scum are special in some capacity vs. a cop, a doc, and a watcher/vig that could work for us or against us?

If Cid or Delta has that Anonyvote, we're now boned either way, so I don't need to hold this back.

#Vote: Sir Alex

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 06, 2008, 06:45:03 AM »
El Cid (0):
Kilga (1): Alex
Delta (0):
Alex (1): Kilga

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

You are in LYLO.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 06, 2008, 06:47:43 AM »
*##Vote: Sir Alex

Fucking octothorpes.

(I know Laggy counted it but still.)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 06, 2008, 06:56:12 AM »
Yeah pretty much.

It's obviously 8/3 SOMETHING, and there's a non-town anonymous vote floating around.

The only question is whether it is a third scum (playing a no kill gambit) or third party.

I have yet to hear any sort of possible explanation for a non-killing third party with an anonymous vote that applies it sometimes towards some uncertain goal, or if such a thing does exist, what we are possibly supposed to do about it.  I don't see how it can even be considered, much less acted upon.

So, scum doublevoter.

You make a lot of sense with it.  You haven't voted much, and the anonyvote has reared its head where your vote has counted.  You've been scummy for other reasons, low presence and so on.  Bulletproof is a crazy extra power for town to have floating around especially if you are trying to postulate a no-kill third party.

I don't make any sense at all with it.  If I had an extra vote why would I have used it twice and blown its cover before in those situations instead of saving it as a surprise for now?  Why wouldn't I have just claimed it?  It isn't like anyone was suspecting me anyway until the conspiracy theory stuff ramped up, I wouldn't have any reason not to claim it instead of vanilla. (Nor for that matter would you, but nor would ANYONE and SOMEONE is hiding it; you at least have some added apparent gain by claiming BP instead).  I don't know what the deal is.  

Cid also makes a weird sort of sense with it, that would be delicious irony, but yeah if it's him there's nothing to be done but throw the towel and kill Laggy.  Delta would just be epic.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 06, 2008, 07:11:24 AM »
A bunch of that can be turned right back around on you.

- Every time it has appeared, it was on someone you were voting for.
- Why would I have used it before now?
- Why wouldn't I have just claimed it instead of BP? No one would have noticed the Wolfsbane trail I left if I didn't point it out.

I don't find a no-kill third-party to be all that ridiculous in a game with scum and a conditional town Vigi. In addition, I find 8/2/1 a lot easier to balance than 8/3, which is weighted crazily against town (60% lynch accuracy rate minimum, not counting the conditional Vigi, which only has a 33% chance of killing scum anyway). Third party would explain you having no qualms with active scumhunting, and it would also explain your proposed "lynch in this order" plan with flaws that are worth ignoring if no one assumes you could be a third party.

And who stands to gain more from using their doublevote to lynch a second scum in two days, a third scum or a third party?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2008, 07:50:35 AM »
Third scum, because third party can be anything.  Literally anything.

Here's another one for you to try on

If there was a no-killing third party with a wacky win condition in this setup, and I was given it, I wouldn't play it.  I would have dropped out and told Laggy to find a replacement, because that would be broken as heck.  There is no way town can tell it exists, or what remotely it can do, or how they should go about finding and stopping it.  You can call crazy theories all you want, I dunno, maybe every townie is secretly a third party.  What you're effectively doing there is criminalizing good town play.

I'm not interested in even entertaining any third party theories like that.  If one exists in the game, I quit, I'm not it and I'm not looking for it.

I'm looking for a third scum.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous but this setup is pretty ridiculous already, we either have a bogus third party or a scum that's been no kill gambiting with a ghostly third vote that they can use at will, and indeed the setup is 8/3 as you said.  No matter how you slice it the setup is whacked and I am incredibly disappointed with Laggy.  But that's for aftergame.  For now Kilga's the best bet for third scum.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2008, 08:11:22 AM »
Appeal to Emotion much? You did this sort of thing once already on Day 2 of Clue Mafia, and - surprise - you weren't Town in that game, either.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 06, 2008, 08:41:17 AM »
You know, I apologize if that came off harshly.

But really.  How else, exactly, is it even possible for anyone to respond to that accusation?

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 06, 2008, 02:20:46 PM »
Oh, hell.

Yeah, Kilga's the obvious target at this point. Barring some truly masterful wolf-in-townie's-clothing play from Alex or Delta, he's really the only option. I was going to say something about being careful about dropping votes today given what happened on days two and four, but you know what? I think I've seen enough to make up my mind about this, and I'm going to be gone for most of today, so:

##Vote: Kilga

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 06, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »
Did you even read the last page of this thread? You didn't address anything that's come up recently.