Author Topic: Downgrade pools: S45  (Read 2743 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Downgrade pools: S45
« on: September 09, 2008, 06:03:09 PM »
Heavy/Godlike: Erikia, Necrosaro, Cyril, Songi, T260G, Ayla

Middle/Heavy: Kyra, Bruiser, Arngrim, Marivel, Menardi, Jean

Light/Middle: Lucca, Locke, Dekar, Lufia, Red Wizard, Yukimaru
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Downgrade pools: S45
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »

How I'm voting:

Necrosaro>Trashcan>Songi=Cyril=Erikia>Ayla

Saro's HP carries him against most of the field, and his dispel nicely handles T260G. Trashcan outtanks the rest. Songi beats Cyril, loses to Erikia (Think I buy the final form being hit by the monster weakness?) and everyone trashes Ayla. Cyril beats Erikia and Ayla, Erikia beats Songi and Ayla.

How I think it'll go:

Up: T260G
Down: Erikia

Any of the bosses tanking wouldn't shock me either. Ayla is not even that good a Heavy, just had a lucky run.

How I'm voting:

Marivel=Jean>Kyra=Bruiser>Arngrim>Menardi

Jean only loses to Marivel (fail) for me, but he'll lose to Menardi on site as well. Kyra spoils all the fighters, can't handle Jean or Marivel's status. Bruiser crushes Marivel (OHKO or no turn one status that he minds, splat either way), is slightly faster than Arngrim and isn't Menardi. Angrim crushes Menardi and gets spoiled by a field that really does not play to his strengths.

How I think it'll go:

Up: None
Down: None

Just playing a hunch here.

How I'm voting:

Red Wizard>Yukimaru=Lucca=Dekar>Locke>Lufia

Lufia loses to all, her status is horrible and it's not enough even if it gives her a kinda sorta chance against Dekar and Locke.  Red Wizard beats all. Ruse/status combo gets Yukimaru/Dekar/Locke, Lucca can't handle fire resist and Lufia is Lufia. Yukimaru handles everyone but Dekar who eats fighters like her alive, and RW. Dekar is locked down well enough by Lucca's sleep offhand, though I'm open for arguments on this one. He handles the pool scrubs well enough. Lucca doesn't fear ITD offense too terribly much, so Locke goes boom.

How I think it'll go:

Up: Yukimaru, Red Wizard
Down: Locke, Lufia

Red Wizard: 5-0
Yukimaru: 3-2
Lucca: 3-2
Dekar: 3-2
Locke: 1-4
Lufia: 0-5
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:40:31 AM »
Heavy/Godlike: Erikia, Necrosaro, Cyril, Ayla

Eirika = Cyril > Necrosaro > Ayla

Eirika thrashes Necrosaro. Gut says Cyril does too. Ayla... no, doesn't have the MP to one-round the earlier forms so the damage can really add up.

Eirika/Cyril... hmm. Cyril 2HKOs, Eirika 2HKOs... maybe. Might see Cyril as tanky enough to deal with that. On the other hand, Eirika has a small chance to evade (Cyril's accurate, but not ITE?). Hmm. Good fight there.

Ayla's not fast enough to stop Eirika from kicking ass, and not tanky/damaging enough for Cyril.

Middle/Heavy: Kyra, Arngrim, Marivel, Jean

Kyra ? Marivel > Jean > Arngrim

Kyra's attack/def game handles Arngrim. Jean... dunno how good I see Kyra's MDef there. Same with Marivel. Marivel outspeeds Jean. Arngrim... uh. Good lord he does not like this field. ;_;

Light/Middle: Lucca, Locke, Dekar, Red Wizard

Lucca > Dekar > Locke > Red Wizard

Lucca beats everyone? RW has no fire res in the version I vote on. Sleep for Dekar, outslugs Locke. Dekar just 2HKOs Locke or something. RW actually may give him some trouble... I dunno. Kinda doubt it, his healing is too bad. Locke is accurate on top of RW scking.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:09:33 AM »

Necrosaro=Headache I'm not thinking about. Unsure on some of T260G's stats, so I'm just sticking with her beating Ayla into paste for the moment.
Songi beats all but Cyril, thanks to Darkness spoiling.
Cyril beats Eirika.
Ayla loses to all

Necrosaro 1-0
T260G 1-0
Cyril 3-0
Songi 2-1
Eirika 1-2
Ayla 0-5

Kyra beast Bruiser. She loses to Arngrim (Can't reduce his 2nd turn 1.6 PC HP overkill enough to live through it), Marivel with status, Menardi with more status, and Jean with...more more status.
Bruiser vs. Arngrim=blar. He OHKOs Marivel...thanks to her defense (WA 2 defense stats mattering), smashes Menardi before the ID hits, loses to Jean.
Arngrim beats Marivel (If she Silences him, the ID is another 2 turns and he 3HKOs. He chooses to block Sleep) and Menardi. Loses to Jean.
Marivel loses to Menardi, but beats Jean.

Arngrim 3-1
Menardi 3-2
Jean 3-2
Bruiser 2-2
Marivel 2-3
Kyra 1-4

Dekar beats all. Not sure what good Lucca's Sleep is going to do since as far as I know, it doesn't boost her damage and wears off on a single hit. She can't 2HKO Dekar, and can't really chip all that well either given that Dekar smashes her quicklike.
Lucca beats Locke and Red Wizard, loses to Yukimaru.
Locke...might beat Red Wizard. Loses to Yukimaru thanks to his defense.
Lufia loses to all. She's horrid, and nowhere near a Middle with that HP and defense (On top of below average speed).

Dekar 5-0
Yukimaru 3-2
Lucca 3-2
Red Wizard 2-2
Locke 1-3
Lufia 0-5
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:31:13 AM »
Lucca's sleep's thing is it resets the turn gauge in CT, so it's actually rather effective if Lucca is faster than her opponent (though... still could be more accurate). This isn't exactly the norm.

Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »
Flare's a 3HKO here.

Sleep-Protect-Flare-Sleep-Flare-Sleep-Flare.   Sleep may hit twice, but it's not hitting the third time. Dekar may OHKO Lucca through Protect with Holy Energy and if he can get off a healing IP he may run her out of resources.
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 01:30:25 AM »
Pretty big strategic mistake there. It's:

Sleep-Protect-Flare-Sleep-Flare-Flare.

If the first Sleep misses it doesn't really matter, Dekar hits her once. Big deal. Second sleep missing is... still not instantly fatal. Dekar either attacks (which only means anything if the first sleep also missed, and that's not likely) or heals, in which case Lucca gets to try again (doesn't run out of resources until he heals twice). Odds seem in her favour.

Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:35:45 PM »
I'm not sure Dekar does anything but heal unless he has a Holy Energy waiting. Come to think of it, that's probably the way to go.  I'll assume that Lucca misses every third use of sleep for argument's sake.

Sleep-protect-flare-sleep-Flare-sleep(whiff). Now what does Dekar do?

Quote from: IP stuff
25% HP lost- 13% IP
50% HP lost- 26% IP
65% HP lost- 42% IP
75% HP lost- 57% IP
85% HP lost- 90% IP
90% HP lost- 100% IP

Two flares should give him  enough for Holy Energy, so Lucca should be using using Fire 2 to chip here.  If Dekar gets off two Sacred Songs he wins, Lucca's more than out of MP. Or hell, two turns period would work either way, so Lucca can use Fire 2 twice? I think she can chip enough that she avoids giving him enough IP for Sacred Song. I don't think Tough Hide's healing is going to cut it here. Tenatively sticking with my vote.

She *may* sneak a double in sometime as well, but I'm not familiar enough with how slow people see Dekar to comment on that one. He's lucky that Lucca's speed is so damn bad.
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 02:26:32 AM »

Again, no. That last Sleep is not a Sleep. It is a Flare. The third Flare. The one that kills.

Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »
Dekar is losing to a mage with a status and anti-physical game Super.  Smells like a spoiler to me.  Give it up.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »

I know I'm just echoing Dark Holy Elf here, but...

...When you just have one Flare left to kill, YOU DO NOT CAST SLEEP INSTEAD.

Sir Donald 3.2

• Wanting some Kingdom conquering
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 04:43:32 AM »
How accurate is Hypno Wave anywho?  The old Stat Topic wasn't ported over and SSJV's Guide is no longer on GameFAQs.

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 04:47:28 AM »
It's been ported onto the Wiki. Link is...
http://www.rpgdl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lucca_%28Chrono_Trigger%29

For Lucca. The others segments are linked from there, but that gives Lucca's info.

According to PD, it's 70%.

Sir Donald 3.2

• Wanting some Kingdom conquering
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »
Godlike/Heavy:

If DQ4 Beat is as scary accurate as the Stat topic says it is, "Lose and Die ... No Change Rule!"  That being said, voting on bosses I haven't played against in half a lifetime is kinda shady, so, No Vote.

Middle/Light

CT Flare = 2HKO to Average.  Just to say, Locke wishes we allowed him a Flame Shield.

Lucca Flares Red up simply because Mepple's DoS Topic gives me too many interpret headaches.  Plus, per TFergusson, Red Jacket is merely Resistance, not Immunity.  Which turns Flare from a 2HKO to a 4HKO.  And Lucca has 4 shots of Flare.

The only way that Locke can win vs Red Wizard is if you deny Red Wizard all of his spells.  Inv2 + Curaga by themselves are enough to beat Locke.

Lucca: 2-0
Red:  1-1
Locke: 0-2

Welcome to Middle, Red.  Plan on a short stay.  Locke, we'll see you in about 10 Seasons.