Register

Author Topic: Britannian Geass Mafia - Game Over  (Read 59226 times)

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Britannian Geass Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2008, 12:55:49 AM »
El Cid: A common tactic for scum is to deflect suspicion onto others rather than defending themselves.

Claiming that someone is 'too defensive' is stupid; townies are expected to defend themselves. That's the point of the game. If a towny doesn't defend their own townyness, then they have nothing to go on. You can say that somebody has acted nervously or slipped up while defending themself, but it is useless to say that someone is scummy for simply defending themself. Only scum are going to have trouble defending their own townyness, because obviously they aren't town. Therefore the people lease likely to defend themselves are scum.

That's why I found it worthwhile to note that Silver had ignored the reasons people were voting on him, and had instead deflected suspicion onto a whole bunch of other people, ignoring more than half of the suspects for today. It's fine to have 'diversity of thought', but we are apaprently on a time limit. Which is why we need to hurry up and lynch someone or we will miss out like we did yesterday.

So can we see some consolidation of votes?
Roflknife and zooyork are in front; can we get some opinons from those who have posted less please?
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2008, 02:51:23 AM »
Damocles has not yet been developed.
I am merely a chip-eating panda.

...what? You'll be told when you're on a time limit.
So far, none has been announced.

RoflKnife

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2008, 03:45:17 AM »
Right-o.....End of the day for me and no zooyork or disland reply.

##Unvote: Kaze

Now which one to vote for..... Let's go for the bandwagon....maybe we'll get 7 votes somehow....>_>

##Vote: Zooyork

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2008, 03:50:43 AM »
Claiming that someone is 'too defensive' is stupid; townies are expected to defend themselves.

Nonetheless, Tom, people have used that argument before and I expect to see it again.

Also, I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but Roflknife is not in front. Dude has one vote on him. We're in pretty sorry shape if that makes him the lead vote-getter. Also also, we're not presently on a time limit, so watch the scaremongering, eh?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2008, 04:50:09 AM »
Mods: Can we get a clarification on what "plot twists" entail?
A cute flavor text way of saying there's a time limit.
That's where I got the idea that we are on a time limit.
And day 1 ended before we reached majority vote, so clearly there was a time limit there. If there were no time limit, we would have had unlimited time to get a lynch.
That's my deductive reasoning as to why there is a time limit.

I did miscount the votes on roflknife, my bad. He's on 1 vote, not 2 as I thought. So ignore that comment.

schnwtfhisname

• the frequently misspelled
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2008, 05:57:34 AM »
Currently I am comfortable with the lynch being on zooyork. We have had next to nothing from this guy. I wish there was more solid footing for anything, but at best he is being a liability and at worst deliberately lurking.

As I said before rolfknife is the less suspicious-seeming of the two, and I agree with El Cideon's assessment on him. There are still comments that are eyebrow-raising, but given his level of activity now, and willingness to address issues raised against him, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Frankly I'm a bit confounded by what Silver is getting at, as both Tom's questioning of him and his responses seem strangely persistent. I am however sensing a subtle mutual suspicion between El Cideon and Tom that I think will become more important and worthy of looking at in another day or so. Right now I can only say you've both done very well in making me examine at the other.

Anyway.

##Vote: zooyork

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2008, 06:19:53 AM »
VOTECOUNT

zooyork (4) - El Cideon, EvilTom, RoflKnife, schnwtfhisname
Deltaflyer (2) - AndrewRogue, Xanth
Disland (1) - Xanth, Deltaflyer
Kaze (0) - Xanth, RoflKnife
Nilie (0) - Remo
silver (1) - Remo
EvilTom (1) - silver
RoflKnife (1) - Nilie

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 06:28:08 AM by Schneizel »

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2008, 06:24:18 AM »
There's a couple of mistakes there in the votecount; better recount Disland, Delta and Nillie (your numbering & italics is off).

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2008, 06:27:42 AM »
...wait what there's nothing wrong with Disland's voting. Delta voted on him 2pgs ago and hasn't removed it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 06:29:44 AM by Schneizel »

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2008, 06:34:28 AM »
Well you've fixed it all now, so I can't remember what was wrong with it. I think the italics were wrong? *shrug* it's all fixed now.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2008, 06:39:38 AM »
I didn't change any italics. ;_; You're just being... evil, Tom.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Daybreak Reset Synchronisation
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2008, 10:02:27 AM »
As much as they remain in the foreground to me, I can at least understand the reservations against pushing roflknife or Silver at this point. However, can we not let Disland just fall off the radar when he's had as little presence as zooyork of late, albeit without some of the other failings of the latter. Delta is also notably absent all of a sudden.

With zooyork at -3 to hammer, I'd suggest no more votes should go in his direction until you're convinced he's the one to lynch. The trouble with -2 to hammer is that I'm wary of the possibility of Delta and Disland then knocking him off under the veil of 'it was him or me' without actually getting any more information out of it.

we are apparently on a time limit. Which is why we need to hurry up and lynch someone or we will miss out like we did yesterday.

The time limit yesterday was only due to modkills, which hopefully shouldn't happen again (another reason to slap zooyork and Disland into talking, as they're the only ones who might fall foul of it). I suspect that we're not under a formal time limit at this point so much as we'll be threatened with one if we take too long or discussion stagnates. Given the 24 hour warning we received last time, I'm sure we could get a lynch together if it happened now, so I'm more worried about panic-dashing to the first possible lynch than not getting a lynch at all.

In particular, I'd really like to hear zooyork's, Disland's and Kaze's opinions in general before we reach the end of this day, and Delta just squirming his way into the next day like this is bad, especially if he's town.

Silver, I find it interesting that when the day's lynch candidates are Delta, roflknife, zooyork, Disland, and yourself, that you chose to comment on Roflknife, Kaze, Nille, Myself, Disland and Xanth.
Why didn't you comment on Delta, or zooyork? Why haven't you tried to defend yourself?

Check out that last sentence. This seems like a trap to me. Silver does what a lot of us had been waiting for him to do--expand his scope to include people other than Xanth--and Tom hits him for not defending himself. Had Silver done the reverse, Tom could have just as easily have called him out for being too defensive and not providing opinions on other people. Basically, it seems like Tom decided that Xanth's suggestion of who to focus on was the gospel truth and then hit Silver for not adhering to it. I don't like this train of thought at all. It's enough to make me want to keep an eye on Tom, and avoid a Silver lynch for now.

Possibly, but it's not like one precludes the other - Silver could have done all of the above. Tom's reply is on the harsh side, but Silver didn't mention them in his follow up either. I do however feel that Silver has defended himself, in that I was nominating him for single-mindedness and he replied with a broader set of opinions and rationale for single-mindedness (which does sometimes have its place, but not in this case).

Silver: if you would be so kind, can you please offer your thoughts, however brief they may be, on zooyork and Delta? Specifically on whether they've set any mafia alarm bells for you or not, and whether you'd support or oppose lynching them (would you vote for them if asked to hammer, would you rather not vote for them but wouldn't mind/care to see them go, or would you actively be against the lynching)? That way we can at least put that issue to rest.

(in most games, the mod will notify someone if an unsuccessful attempt is made on their life)

Charles di Britannia / Schneizel: for the record, can you please confirm or deny whether this is the case in this game?

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Maximum Prologue Designs
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »
Oh, and my current order of preference of the three is Delta > Disland > zooyork, dependent mostly on any of them ever actually showing up (zooyork lower on the view that I still feel that he's just some vanilla townsman who never got into the game, making for [lynchable] very bad town play rather than scum). I will support lynching any of those three, but I won't be moving my vote on Delta unless he actually defends himself or my vote is somehow specifically needed to help bring the hammer down, presumably at this point on zooyork.

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »
Alright, sure. You know though, I can do things on my own free time. You guys don't always have to ask and force me into things here.

Zooyork didn't seem to do much of anything at all, trying to hang on to the fact that he's a "new player" to avoid conflict. But not playing is one of the best ways to draw out suspicions. He tried to vote for you Xanth while I was as to follow me around a bit, but he never gave much of his own opinions on the matter. I don't think he's really that suspicious at this point. I think he just needs to start posting already!!

Delta seemed very distressed that nobody was voted for in the first day. I liked the fact that he backed me up though. He also doesn't seem to have a large amount of attention, and can't stand role-play or large paragraphs. As well, he seems to dodge other people's accusations and go onto something completely different. I see some validation for being a suspicious of Delta.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2008, 05:27:52 PM »
*sigh* School life caught up with me, had to do some extra homework for BTEC ICT bla bla bla...

Apologies for my absence.

Xanth, I do believe that I DID reply to Andrew as you misinformed people on page 4...

Silver, just because i stuck up for you, doesnt mean that im town. Bardiche stuck up for me in succinct mafia and that made me afraid to bring the hammer down on him. He was scum. (No... Im not scum before you ask).

Considering roleclaiming, probably only way to get xanth off my back because his current arguement against me is just... ewww...

I havent defended myself? That arguement smacks ever so slightly of 'hurr durr, hes the easiest lynch' no offense intended.

##UNVOTE: Disland

Mod, pwetty please can we have an update as to how much time is left in this day?

Do I really look like I have a clue?

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Incredible Theology Matriculation
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2008, 06:04:42 PM »
I havent defended myself? That arguement smacks ever so slightly of 'hurr durr, hes the easiest lynch' no offense intended.

You've caught me just as I'm about to head out, but dude, zooyork would be a stupidly easy lynch. Beyond Andrew, there's only been sedated comments on you thus far today, so if we do end up set on you then it'll have taken some hard work.

And role claiming after two votes whilst there's a bigger train elsewhere? What?

Kaze

• Wind-sama~
  • Denizen
  • In Soviet Russia, wind licks YOU!!
    • View Profile
    • emuemu
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2008, 10:43:26 PM »
Due to the large amount of votes and no reply from the guy, I feel that he warrants a vote now.

##VOTE: zoouork

However, I agree with what Xanth just said;

And role claiming after two votes whilst there's a bigger train elsewhere? What?

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Daybreak Reset Synchronisation
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2008, 10:53:42 PM »
(in most games, the mod will notify someone if an unsuccessful attempt is made on their life)
Charles di Britannia / Schneizel: for the record, can you please confirm or deny whether this is the case in this game?
...you want a mod to publicly confirm/deny what players are told about night actions?

Also, guys, no time limit has been set on this day so far. Like the opening post says, time limits aren't given unless things start being slowking.flv. (Or more like if I feel like being a bitch or not.)

zooyork (5) - El Cideon, EvilTom, RoflKnife, schnwtfhisname, kaze
Deltaflyer (2) - AndrewRogue, Xanth
Disland (0) - Xanth, Deltaflyer
Kaze (0) - Xanth, RoflKnife
Nilie (0) - Remo
silver (1) - Remo
EvilTom (1) - silver
RoflKnife (1) - Nilie

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:00:23 PM by Schneizel »

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2008, 12:31:26 AM »
Since he hasn't responded yet, it looks like zooyork is about done. Unfortunate, but currently he's the best candidate. Looks like I'm going to have to jump on this to start to finish the job.

##Unvote: EvilTom
##Vote: zooyork

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Phantasmal Flower Weaver
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2008, 01:10:15 AM »
I find it funny that we've sped up rather than slowed down as someone approaches the hammer. At -1 to hammer there is in particular the danger of Disland or Delta (less likely) just putting the lid on the matter before we actually hear anything else.

We've heard nothing from zooyork (mostly the point, I know).
We've heard nothing from Disland.
We've heard little from Kaze.

Don't let people leave no tracks. At the very least allow zooyork some more time for a last defence, given the speed of this train.

zooyork: if you do decide to show up at this board ever again to even see this post, it's traditional to at least consider role-claiming. Given your situation I'd say that you'd actually do better to apologise for your absence for whatever reason it may be, offer a decent post's worth of content and promise more, as you're more looking to convince people against bad town play than against mafia play.

Delta: Wait, since the point you voted for Disland, he hasn't posted since, and as such has generally become more suspicious, and you choose to unvote him now because of what? If you thought that someone else was more pressing then I could easily understand you moving your vote, but I can't see what's convinced you just to drop your vote on him.

Schneizel: yes? I really don't see what the breach of interests is in this case. If you're choosing to keep us in that extra layer of mystery then that's fine, but I can't see why you think it's an inherently stupid question.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasmal Flower Weaver
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2008, 01:53:04 AM »
At -1 to hammer there is in particular the danger of Disland or Delta (less likely) just putting the lid on the matter before we actually hear anything else.

I actually find this rather unlikely. Especially with you commenting on it, either one of them doing it would make himself tomorrow's first target (even with the perfectly understandable "Lynching someone other than me" >>> "Lynching me" defense). I mean, waiting until discussion's petered out to bring the hammer down? Not so bad. But doing it in a manner that's clearly intended to circumvent discussion would be suicidal.

RoflKnife

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2008, 04:38:21 AM »
The tracks left when someone gets lynched/killed is enough. We then know his role and can start figuring out why he did what he did. We'd also be able to look into the people that he's had interest in, or people that's have interest in him.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2008, 06:03:34 AM »
##Unvote zooyork

Reason: There's no point wasting the town lynch on a guy who hasn't posted in 3 days (and hasn't posted anything useful). Let the mod kill him at the end of the day.

##Vote: Silver

Reason: Many reasons from before, but pushing an inactive to -1 is rather suspicious. It's a futile action at best, and at worst it's an attempt to waste the town's only weapon. We've not yet had a useful lynch, let's not waste this one.

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2008, 07:01:37 AM »
If there's five other people voting for almost the exact same reason, you can't single one person out for doing the same thing. It just doesn't make sense.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2008, 07:27:27 AM »
The first few people on the train such as El Cid and myself voted for him in the early days, when it was a good idea to do so. He was not inactive at that time. Those votes are justified. Saying that there's no reason to pick you out from the rest of us is a complete lie. You just threw your vote on him right at the end of the train and put him to -1 to hammer even though he's gone inactive. To there's no possible pressure coming from your vote.

In other words, your vote is there for no reason other than to lynch.

Since he hasn't responded yet, it looks like zooyork is about done. Unfortunate, but currently he's the best candidate. Looks like I'm going to have to jump on this to start to finish the job
There's no reason to vote for him if he hasn't responded in 3 days, other than to waste town's lynch.
You say he's the best candidate, without providing any reasons why.
You say you're trying to 'start to finish the job' - that sounds like a very suspicious way of saying "I'm going to put him in hammer range, but I'm not actually going to do it myself because that's dangerous". Are you overly concerned about attracting attention to yourself?

Sure, Kaze put him at -2, which is also bad, but you put him at -1 which is worse. And you tried to make it look like you weren't actually doing anything. What's your justification? How do you answer this?