imageRegister

Author Topic: Britannian Geass Mafia - Game Over  (Read 59127 times)

RoflKnife

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Britannian Geass Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2008, 04:23:49 AM »
Tom: Why emphasize me on voting so little? Why not Nillie, Silver, schnwtfhisname,  AndrewRogue, or Disland? That comment particularly stuck out to me as you've been cracking down on me since yesterday.

I've found that the 3 lynchees were "killing" each other. That didn't help. But it did make one post a few pages back stick out to me. If a certain someone is a townie, then I'll have a case. The mafia/scum can take my lead off though if they knew who to not kill. At least this post will make them think harder about who to kill. You tell me if this is a bluff or not....=).

Kaze

• Wind-sama~
  • Denizen
  • In Soviet Russia, wind licks YOU!!
    • View Profile
    • emuemu
« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2008, 07:10:07 AM »
In that case, I'll try and up my posting frequency a bit more.

I think we should analyse Delta's last post before the hammer came down:
Please, Do us all a favor. Look at the people who jumped on the train after Xanth posted without saying much.

A lot of people were awful quick to jump on the train, I found, and I tried to play it cautiously because I know from past mafia experience that trains often lose track of their intentions and gain too much momentum too fast. I'll analyse the posts of the people I feel were quick to jump on the train when I return from college tonight.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Bean Jam Print
« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2008, 11:14:58 AM »
Right, well, let's start with a reference tool. The following is a comprehensive listing of posts made in the game in the first two days by the live players, and the three dead players who talked (as much as I think that zooyork's posts contain nothing of use). Obviously you need context for most of the posts, but at least it's a start if you want to start looking into certain players' actions without having to sift through everything.

Italics = I think these posts contain nothing useful to work with (mostly joke posts at the start, pure role play and banter with the mods)
Bold = The vote and/or unvote function is used in this post

4. Nilie: 1 2 3 4 || 1 2 3
5. schnwtfhisname: 1 2 3 4 5 || 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
6. Roflknife: 1 2 3 || 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
7. AndrewRogue: 1 2 3 4 5 || 1 2 3 4 5
8. Xanth: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 || 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
10. EvilTom: 1 2 3 4 5 || 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
11. Kaze: 1 2 3 || 1 2 3
13. Disland: 1 2 || 1 2 3
14. Remo: 1 2 || 1 2 3 4 5
15. Silver: 1 2 3 4 5 || 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

----

1. Deltaflyer2k8: 1 2 3 4 || 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
2. El Cideon: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 || 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12. Zooyork: 1 || 1

----

All mod posts with vote counts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 || 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

----

The precise order of voting for the first two days has been (links in poster's name):

El Cideon votes for Disland
Nilie votes for ShiChelle
Silver votes for Kaze
EvilTom votes for schnwtfhisname
schnwtfhisname votes for EvilTom
Silver unvotes Kaze and votes for schnwtfhisname
Remo votes for Silver
(the 'joke vote phase' ends no later than this point)
AndrewRogue votes for Xanth
Deltaflyer2k8 votes for schnwtfhisname
Kaze votes for zooyork
Disland votes for roflknife
Xanth votes for Silver
El Cideon unvotes Disland and votes for Deltaflyer2k8
AndrewRogue unvotes Xanth and votes for Deltaflyer2k8
schnwtfhisname unvotes EvilTom
EvilTom unvotes schnwtfhisname and votes for Silver
Silver unvotes schnwtfhisname and votes for Xanth
Kaze unvotes zooyork and votes for Silver
Remo unvotes Silver and votes for Xanth
schnwtfhisname votes for Disland
Deltaflyer2k8 unvotes schnwtfhisname and votes for Remo
Roflknife votes for Remo
(day 1 ends without a lynch)
(day 2 begins)
El Cideon votes for zooyork
AndrewRogue votes for Deltaflyer2k8
Xanth votes for Disland
EvilTom votes for zooyork
Xanth unvotes Disland and votes for Kaze
Remo votes for Nilie
Deltaflyer2k8 votes for Disland
Roflknife votes for Kaze
Remo unvotes Nilie and votes for Silver
Xanth unvotes Kaze and votes for Deltaflyer2k8
Silver votes for EvilTom
Nilie votes for Roflknife
Roflknife unvotes Kaze and votes for zooyork
schnwtfhisname votes for zooyork
Deltaflyer2k8 unvotes Disland
Kaze votes for zooyork
Silver unvotes EvilTom and votes for zooyork
EvilTom unvotes zooyork and votes for Silver
Deltaflyer2k8 votes for Silver
Silver unvotes zooyork
Remo unvotes Silver and votes for Deltaflyer2k8
Disland votes for Deltaflyer2k8
El Cideon votes for Deltaflyer2k8 (forgets to unvote zooyork, but vote counts anyway)
schnwtfhisname unvotes zooyork
EvilTom unvotes Silver and votes for Deltaflyer2k8
Kaze unvotes zooyork
schnwtfhisname votes for Deltaflyer2k8 (hammer)

My own thoughts to follow (keeping the relatively objective and the subjective separate), maybe not immediately depending on how busy I'm kept.

Nilie

• Denizen
  • Omedetou~ Folks. You're the Geass. ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2008, 11:21:11 AM »
Xanth, this is most helpful. Thank you. With this, posts are much more simpler to browse through. You're saving me a lot of time.

RoflKnife

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »
Holy crap. Huge props to you for compiling that Xanth. God knows how long you took with that.

To clearify, there are MORE than 1 mafia/scum right?

Charles di Britannia

• The 98th Emperor of Britannia
  • Denizen
  • ALL HAIL BRITANNIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »
VOTECOUNT:

Nilie (1) - Kaze
Kaze (1) - AndrewRogue

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
People... are not equal...

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Voracious Martian Artisan
« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2008, 11:39:28 PM »
It's a little disheartening to come back from a busy day and find that so little discussion has taken place in the meantime. I'm heading straight to sleep now, but I'll get my thoughts out in the morning. As I'll try and do a piece on everyone, I'll try and keep it short to begin with.

To clearify, there are MORE than 1 mafia/scum right?

Given the size of the game there are probably three of them. Yes, that puts us in a rather bad position, but that's what we get for three idle kills.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Silk Soliloquy Render
« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2008, 12:19:01 PM »
Oh, come on guys. We've just got to the point where things have got really interesting and we can really start working things out and it feels like everyone's got bored and given up.

Charles di Britannia: The vote for Nilie came from Tom, not Kaze.

In any case, here are my thoughts on the other players. I had intended for this to be short, but it once again feels like if I want there to be activity I'm going to have to stir it myself.

Nilie: Ignoring the first two posts (joke vote and response to mod), in day one we're left with a fairly cryptic message only clearly stating that the joke vote for ShiChelle has become a serious one due to inactivity, and a post insisting that the aforementioned cryptic message is important (I still read nothing out of it other than potential breadcrumbing) and that the pointless vote on ShiChelle is in fact not pointless despite how pressed for time we are. Day two brings us basically just another two posts (the first one being an apology for absence), which both looked fairly substantial at first sight, but don't actually contain much content, and nothing come the point we hit the trains on zooyork and Delta.

Sum total of opinions from these posts:
-ShiChelle retains my vote due to inactivity    (fair enough)
-I like Xanth and think he's innocent, if wordy
-I get neutral reads from Andrew, Remo and Silver    (it seems odd that you highlight this particular issue but draw no conclusion from it)
-I do not want to vote for Silver on the grounds of inactivity    (this really made me boggle, given that Silver's been one of the more active players, and had already posted twice by that point on day two)
-My one and only second day vote goes to roflknife for a one-line infraction. I say that this is the most suspicious in comparison to other people who've justified themselves, but I won't say which people I'm talking about, why they were reading suspiciously nor why they've since cleared themselves    (actually, on getting around to looking into Roflknife I can see a case on him, but the worrying part is that you were using just this one line to justify the vote)

Which is to say, not much at all. The trouble here is that I want to believe, which is inevitably going to be my downfall somewhere. I'm suspicious of any praise in my direction, but I'm taken in by his attitude of having a bit of fun on the side. I'm particularly willing to be on the lenient side here given the promise of more detailed information already given early in day three. The relative lack of content, rolefishing and such compel me to FoS: Nilie, but I'm really just looking for something solid at this point. Call this the scummy side of a neutral read for now.

schnwtfhisname: Surprisingly little to be said on the first day. After his joke vote inadvertantly landed him three votes, his second and third posts simply question Delta's aggression (fair enough), asks for more people to show up (fair enough) and then latches on to the doubts on Delta that El Cid and Andrew brought up. Nothing new there, but then it is only halfway down page 2. Fourth post adds little, but I'm less concerned about that (we're only a handful of posts after the third posts and still on page 2) as I am that the language has become quite soft (to the effect of 'I disagree with you but can see where you're coming from. Also I don't think you're suspicious, just in case you thought I might think so' at Delta and 'odd, but I'm not going after you' at Xanth (sorry guys, you're going to have to get used to this use of the third person perspective for the sake of equal highlighting)), as even though you've evaded the three votes they seem to have made you docile. Final post of the day is just another shortlist of people you don't think it necessarily is (fine if it's attached to a list of people you think it might be), along with a vote that you can't be blamed for (specifically "as suggested"). My conclusion from this point is that this little content is still more than many others, and that the tail between his legs was just a bad reaction to the initial votes on his head. It'd be extra weight on top of a bad day two, but water under the bridge with a good day two.

And the second day is indeed far better. Plenty of opinions offered on a decent range of people, and sensible handling of both the zooyork and Delta trains. Whilst being involved with the two bandwagons and nothing else, I'm happy with the timing and justification of both (his justification for Delta in his fifth post in particular). Tiny warning bells are going off on this voting pattern, but if nothing else we have his opinions pinned down anyway. I can hardly say that I'm convinced of his innocence at this point, but I'm willing to put him on the town side of neutral for now.

Roflknife: The principal problem with Roflknife is that he comes out as a majorly town read if you play the WIFOM game. It's quite hard to believe that a lot of things that have happened or he's said could have happened if he's scum and has scum buddies to help him out. But no, therein lies the various trappings of WIFOM, and so I shall look at his actual gameplay.

There's bugger all to say about day one for obvious reasons. I accept his explanation for his tardiness (myself and zooyork mistook the threads as well), and while it was well over a day between my call for people there and his first reply here this doesn't strike me as being unreasonable (I called him out for it at the time without checking the times, and I think I must have thought that day one lasted a lot longer than it did). The vote for Remo goes down with no explanation, but I'll put it down to bad timing of having three pages and a new gaming style to digest and only two hours in which to make his voice heard at all.

At first glimpse 11 posts on the second day would imply a lot of input, but a lot of it is fluff. The first three posts can be discarded almost entirely (other than a few misguided intentions that are slightly worrying). The vote in the fourth post is fine as a pressure vote, but there's yet to be any individual thought. Fifth post is worryingly defeatist and somewhat implies that he'll follow pretty much any lynch on what's effectively still day one. I'm uneasy with Tom strong response to him on Kaze, but the rationale offered back is even worse ('I'm not suspicious, guv' by itself does not mean anything). By the eighth post we're finally out of the realms of two lines replies. It's almost only all defensive, but at least we can infer from it that only Disland and zooyork read any worse than neutral to him, and that he's hedged himself into acting strongly now that there are lynch and NK trails to follow. Negative points for following the bandwagon for the sake of following a bandwagon and defending it (but confusing WIFOM points for it being such a stupid idea in the first place).

Third day starts with finally some interest in getting his hands dirty, but it's all 'we should look at X, Y and Z' without actually looking at X, Y and Z himself. Finally an actual opinion, albeit with "I might" attached to the front of "have suspicion on Andrew". Second post is back to self-defence in the form of deflection.

Before I started this post assessment I had you pegged in my mind as a purely neutral read, but now I can't help but read you at least being the scummy side of neutral and casting FoS: Roflknife. Come on, all of your excuses of why not to analyse and have stronger opinions have gone. For all of the fluff I don't know your opinion on practically anything at any point, as all you seem to want to do is talk about how it isn't you. You have the information you said you were waiting for, so get on and use it. Don't worry about being wrong somehow being an auto-lynch or something (you don't see people immediately ganging up on me for Delta's lynch, do you?) - the more you say the more we can discuss and get on with things. If people disagree with you, then just work to convince each other. Being submissive is bad for town regardless of your role.

I'm splitting this into three parts (next part Andrew, Tom and Kaze, final part Disland, Remo and Silver) due to length and time concerns. I'll probably change my mind as I actually look through everyone's posts, but at the moment my suspicions stand as:
FoS: Nilie, Roflknife, Silver
HoS: Disland
##VOTE: Kaze

For reasons I'll get around to. That assessment may be too light on Tom, but I haven't got to his posts yet, and I'm already plenty suspicious of half of the remaining players. It's a little frustrating that my vote follows Andrew's for the second day in a row (not his fault, of course), but it's for slightly different reasons and it's not like I should shy away from it for a daft reason like that.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »
I'm a fairly apathetic person with a simple wish to achieve world peace~

...really, I mean, it's not like I want to become God or something... Aha. Hahaha... Hah.

...but of course I would if you wanted me to, I mean... It doesn't get any more fabulous than that.

Anyone who gets in my way will be finger snap + gun turret combo'd to the ground. Just ask Cornelia.

Removing Zero is a step I believe that is necessary to achieve world peace, yet I feel as though the investigation team at Ashford Academy is not being very helpful in this process. Perhaps the rumors are true... Has Zero taken over Ashford entirely? Then we can't trust them. A purge is necessary.

Damocles is currently heading towards Area 11. FLEIA deployment will occur in 48hrs... Unless of course the investigation team would like to make progress...

===

Votecount:
Nilie (1) - EvilTom
Kaze (2) - AndrewRogue, Xanth

Due to stalled progress, there is now a 48hr time limit left on day 3. Whoever has the most votes will be lynched at the end of 48hrs.

Nilie

• Denizen
  • Omedetou~ Folks. You're the Geass. ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: Silk Soliloquy Render
« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2008, 05:54:22 PM »
Oh, come on guys. We've just got to the point where things have got really interesting and we can really start working things out and it feels like everyone's got bored and given up.

Charles di Britannia: The vote for Nilie came from Tom, not Kaze.

In any case, here are my thoughts on the other players. I had intended for this to be short, but it once again feels like if I want there to be activity I'm going to have to stir it myself.

I was going to point that out myself but imagined it'd be funny to see a reaction from either, now I'm probably just as disappointed as you are.
Glad you're still bothering with this game when it seems all the others have decided the other reality was more worth their time.
As for myself, as usual, I am running out of time to do things here, so I'm afraid you're just going to have to keep indulging the shortness of my posts.

Nilie: Ignoring the first two posts (joke vote and response to mod), in day one we're left with a fairly cryptic message only clearly stating that the joke vote for ShiChelle has become a serious one due to inactivity, and a post insisting that the aforementioned cryptic message is important (I still read nothing out of it other than potential breadcrumbing) and that the pointless vote on ShiChelle is in fact not pointless despite how pressed for time we are. Day two brings us basically just another two posts (the first one being an apology for absence), which both looked fairly substantial at first sight, but don't actually contain much content, and nothing come the point we hit the trains on zooyork and Delta.

Well like you yourself have pointed out, it wasn't the only reason I was suspicious of Zooyork. I am also very angry about how Delta got lynched. Just how much IC active posting can one expect of someone roleplaying the crumpled and blind Nanally?

I confirm your suspicion about breadcrumbing possibilty. Keep at it. Might convince you to get that waddling finger out of my face. Yes, I'm not particularly happy about that either, since so far what I've mostly been trying to do is lighten the mood, try and link it all more to the Geass world and behave.

Still can't find it in me to go OMGUS on you, though. You're practically been the mod here. Not at all suggesting anything about Fabulous Lord Schneizel and GAR overlord Charles, of course.

Sum total of opinions from these posts:
-ShiChelle retains my vote due to inactivity    (fair enough)
-I like Xanth and think he's innocent, if wordy
-I get neutral reads from Andrew, Remo and Silver (it seems odd that you highlight this particular issue but draw no conclusion from it)
-I do not want to vote for Silver on the grounds of inactivity (this really made me boggle, given that Silver's been one of the more active players, and had already posted twice by that point on day two)
-My one and only second day vote goes to roflknife for a one-line infraction. I say that this is the most suspicious in comparison to other people who've justified themselves, but I won't say which people I'm talking about, why they were reading suspiciously nor why they've since cleared themselves (actually, on getting around to looking into Roflknife I can see a case on him, but the worrying part is that you were using just this one line to justify the vote)

I'm glad you agree on my reasons to be suspicious of Roflknife, makes me feel reluctant about my own decision.
I am doing my best here to play IC knowing only the most basic rules of this game, which to be honest, I do not think is so simple. This is my first participating in a mafia rpg, just so you know. Forgive my inexperience, and on second thought my distraction also, about Kaze's lack of posting.
I shall try to make my posts more consistence starting next time.

Which is to say, not much at all. The trouble here is that I want to believe, which is inevitably going to be my downfall somewhere. I'm suspicious of any praise in my direction, but I'm taken in by his attitude of having a bit of fun on the side. I'm particularly willing to be on the lenient side here given the promise of more detailed information already given early in day three. The relative lack of content, rolefishing and such compel me to FoS: Nilie, but I'm really just looking for something solid at this point. Call this the scummy side of a neutral read for now.

That would be the why I like you, you're not one to jump to conlusions though you post an awful lot and make this game actually interesting. Whichever side you turn out to be, I'm not sure I'll be happy ever having to face you should you try and lynch me (for whatever reason).
And I wonder really, if rolefishing, as unintentional as it might have been, is a bads' bad thing at all.

I was feeling quite neutral until the most recent events, though not entirely, the scum had began grating on my nerves starting night 1. Nina and Nanally, both seemingly as harmless as defenseless young girls, students, gone just like that. I am not at all pleased and as a result now do feel the motivation to get rid of the scum responsible for that, I was quite irate when the mods announced what happened. 

FoS: Nilie, Roflknife, Silver
HoS: Disland
##VOTE: Kaze

*Laughs* Well, it's not like there are many people left to point FOS at anyway, is it? Not everyone is as good at this game as you unfortunately though, but for reasons similar to your own, I still think that Roflknife is suspicious. So I will vote for him again. Though now you've gotten me quite curious about Kaze. So I'll look it up myself once I get home later on, assuming nothing technical goes wrong with me again, of course.

Farewell.

#VOTE Roflknife

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Vase Recorder Derby
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2008, 07:58:36 PM »
Due to stalled progress, there is now a 48hr time limit left on day 3. Whoever has the most votes will be lynched at the end of 48hrs.

I can't say this is unexpected, but with this in mind I'll sit here and get through the rest of my stuff now rather than do it more leisurely over the evening and tomorrow, as the time is now rather precious.

I am also very angry about how Delta got lynched. Just how much IC active posting can one expect of someone roleplaying the crumpled and blind Nanally?

Nilie, I can't help but love you for comments like this. That's the thing, really; I worry that if you are scum then you're doing a really good job of disarming me.

To quickly answer your queries before I finish what I started:

-The problem with breadcrumbing is that I don't know if the mafia have been given a list of same name calls they can make or not, and as such just because you're breadcrumbing an innocent Britannian it doesn't mean that's who you are, and so it doesn't actually tell me if you're town or scum. Assuming that you are town and this is news to you then I can understand the frustration, but I hope you can understand the logical impasse it leaves me at.
-The problem with rolefishing is that if you do uncover that someone is a town power role of some sort (doctor, cop and so forth), then the mafia know exactly who to kill at night to make it easier for them. There are situations where roleclaiming is useful, but they're generally when you either have a lot more solid information or have your backs to the wall.
-I'm not actually good at mafia, I'm just active, and have been playing to get people to get involved. All the logic and information in the world can't help you if you're still bad at working out who the mafia are. I was really quite sure of Delta for the better part of day 2, and my paranoid reasoning sees little more than a list of suspects whilst my gut feelings have it down to a small combination of sets of three people for completely unsupportable reasons.

Kaze

• Wind-sama~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • emuemu
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »
Alas, I did forget to post yesterday.

I feel that Remo, Disland and Eviltom all voted perhaps without fully justifying their own reasons for voting Delta, and instead jumped directly onto the points that Xanth, Xanth and El Cid made respectively, adding little to support this themselves. This doesn't mean I'm accusing any of these three, because I feel that Remo personally tried to explain his switch (and did this well enough to make me feel that he wasn't just plain jumping on the bandwagon.) The frequently mispelled could be suspicious purely because he was the one who cast the hammer, but he gave a long enough deliberation and fair arguments in his post to justify the final vote on Delta. It is a shame that Delta was lynched when he was innocent, but his actions were certainly edging into possibly scummy territory.

We should avoid spending too much time looking upon the last round of voting, however, and use this new round to analyse people efficiently and cast votes which will not only encourage greater posting but also allow us to pinpoint and lynch the scum. I eagerly await what Xanth has to say regarding me, and for the purpose of hastening the process, I'll do this:

##VOTE: Disland

as he is the person who has posted the least (bar me) in the past two rounds and not at all in this round.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Greasy Radio Friends
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2008, 09:45:35 PM »
I shall, however, endeavour to keep these two posts shorter than intended, as much for concern over the time for digesting the material as for the time writing them.

Andrew: Relatively weak presence in the first two days, but this is observably because of anonymafia. Few opinions actually on the table (pressure on Delta, a few minor comments here and there, an eye on the lurkers, distrust at the case on Silver), but posts have primarily been spun at helping people with their queries. Stood strongly by the Delta lynch as it was starting to look likely. Has defended himself well, albeit under little pressure. Minor warning bells coming from the lack of anything strong other than on Delta (but there wasn't anything to get strong about?) and having spotted him on way more often than posts are made (yes, I'm aware that mafia is just a small extension to the rest of the forums here).

In short, I'm reading him as the town side of neutral, assuming that he comes out stronger at some point this day now that the time limit has been posed.

Tom: Early posts seem in order. Risked taking fire from Silver for voting him into action. Absence lines up with the time zones and more understandable with modding anonymafia. Vote for zooyork is right on the dot. FoSing Roflknife inherently felt a little strong, but compares exactly with his treatment of Silver earlier on, so checks out in my head. Given other posts it feels like he's generally trying to help people on, just sometimes in a rather aggressive manner. Comes on to Silver a little too strongly to begin with in response to Silver's vote on him (the 'lynch list' argument doesn't sit well with me), but it does pay dividends with Silver's bizarre logical trains. I find myself generally being on his side of the fence, but feeling uneasy at the strength of some of the points. Mucked up the vote leaders, but that was obviously going to get pointed out either way so would have been a retarded piece of sabotage. Comes off of the zooyork train at the right time (I'm a little surprised El Cid didn't). Lots of opinions offered, and angles run with.

I went into checking his posts out expecting a somewhat negative read, but I have to say that I read him strongly on the the town side of neutral. I'm still nagged by some of the language enough to keep an eye out and not just check him off the list, but there you have it.

Kaze: three votes, of which one was for a lurker (fair enough) and the other two were the biggest trains at the time (despite then tutting the Delta bandwagon). Next to nothing offered in the way of opinions on other people (a throw-away comment about Xanth, minor unsupported distrust of Delta early on, the vote for Silver went entirely unjustified (and has never since been justified), 'no one seems suspicious enough', and recognition of Delta's immense screw ups). Far more backing offered in the way of distinctly anti-town advice ('writing lots is just as bad as lurking', 'votes shouldn't be used to pressure people'). Lurking, and activity on IRC would suggest that his activity here should be greater (taking all of the obvious into account, yes) unless bored or deliberately trying to keep his head down.

A perfect mix of what I'd expect from one mafioso archetype (a little too quiet perhaps, but then it feels like you can get away with it in this environment), hence the vote.

(urggh, getting delayed and distracted on this end, so it's taking way longer than expected)

Oh, ninja'ed by the man himself: at first I thought you'd dashed what I was thinking of against you when I spotted so many names in your post, but nothing's attached to anything. 'Here's an event involving A, B, and C that might be considered suspicious. But maybe not!'. 'Perhaps', 'could', 'doesn't [necessarily] mean'. Even your vote on Disland doesn't really tell us what you think about anyone or anything that's happened.

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2008, 10:15:10 PM »
I'm back. Sorry for the delay, had things to deal with.

Seems like things took a very odd turn again. Every single killed person was Town. Not all that much to go by other than what has already been said by Xanth today.

I'll be back a little later with more in-depth thoughts of what's going on.

Kaze

• Wind-sama~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • emuemu
Re: Greasy Radio Friends
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2008, 10:42:30 PM »
Oh, ninja'ed by the man himself: at first I thought you'd dashed what I was thinking of against you when I spotted so many names in your post, but nothing's attached to anything. 'Here's an event involving A, B, and C that might be considered suspicious. But maybe not!'. 'Perhaps', 'could', 'doesn't [necessarily] mean'. Even your vote on Disland doesn't really tell us what you think about anyone or anything that's happened.

I haven't really got enough balls to blatantly accuse anybody firstly, which I'll admit. I don't feel that random votes on people who are posting are wise when there are people who just aren't posting, which kind of defeats the point of forum mafia (where people need to be as active as they can so the game can be played properly), and hence my earlier votes that you mentioned were mainly on trains against people who weren't entirely active. My vote against Silver pretty much followed the views of Remo and you before me, but I could further explain it through this quote:

Quote from: Silver
I believe I'm on to you, buddy.

I feel that of all the people who had posted until that point, the least suspicious person was you, Xanth.

I realise in retrospect how contradictory I have been, through first joining on trains and then eventually condemning people for doing the same thing, and my vague posts are very suspicious. And now I realise it was a mistake to say "you shouldn't vote to pressure people", I wish to correct that by saying that "in the first round, you shouldn't vote purely to pressure people." As this is my first venture into an organised mafia game, I was still getting a feel for the game and how I should post in the first two rounds, and as well as reading into what other people have posted I've been absorbing in how I should post.

Charles di Britannia

• The 98th Emperor of Britannia
  • Denizen
  • ALL HAIL BRITANNIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »
Votecount:

Nilie (1) - EvilTom
Kaze (2) - AndrewRogue, Xanth
RoflKnife (1) - Nilie
Disland (1) - Kaze[/]

38 hours until Damocles arrives.
People... are not equal...

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Speckled Carp Smile
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2008, 10:58:06 PM »
Disland: Day one basically a non-event (joke vote then 'hey guys I'm going to sit back and not do anything for a while'). Backwards logic used at the start of day two to paint Xanth and El Cideon as scum, but at least it was an opinion on the table at all. Otherwise is again mostly non-present, and jumps on the Delta bandwagon at an opportune moment. 

What's there to say? Reads pure neutral on account of what is effectively zero presence. I don't know anything about this guy other than that he needs to post considerably more. Whilst I say neutral, the lurking is somewhere between bad town play and bad scum play, and hence is dangerous to town regardless.

Remo: Day one lurker. First post on day two is another example of a lot being said about a range of people without anything actually being said, but are later backed up by actual opinions (no one standing out other than Silver and Roflknife, and information on both of those), and later by a full FoS chart (a little weakly explained, but that's what expanding on it today is for) alongside rationale for joining the Delta train when prodded.

I want to hear more out of you today (as in day 3) now that there's a lot to work with, but at the moment you have me convinced at least as far as saying you feel to be on the town side of neutral for now.

Silver: Annoyingly, I'm now out of time (I haven't been able to concentrate on doing this). Given the number of posts and the rollercoaster ride involved here I won't have time to go through all of his posts now. Apologies, but I'll have to leave that until tomorrow morning. In short it's much of what's already come up on his case. I will do this thoroughly tomorrow, though, as it's clearly unfair to get to the end and then go 'oh, and this guy, well, he's obviously just suspicious, right'.

At this point, I would support action against Kaze, Disland or Silver. Roflknife at a real push, possibly.

Double ninja'ed, which (between the length of this post and the time gap between the ninjas) should show just how slowly this has been written in the middle of other stuff.

Kaze: if you are town, then realise that it's quite important that we get these 48 hours right. We've ballsed up fairly badly so far, and only have one or two outs left (and should certainly be playing assuming that we have just the one). Things have to be pushed from every direction as hard as possible if we're going to get to more reliable decisions. You're unlikely to get fed much more as things stand, so it's time to start forming opinions on who reads suspicious and who doesn't.

(and as I've reminded other players, this is also my first time in a set up like this)

Oh, and reninja'ed by our glorious emperor just for good measure.

Kaze

• Wind-sama~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • emuemu
« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2008, 12:13:52 AM »
True, you do make a fair point. If you require me to make a useful vote, I'll do that.

##UNVOTE: Disland

However, I'll spend time collecting quotes and my thoughts and do it all in one post rather than scatter it.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2008, 12:47:29 AM »
Good to see now that some feet have been put down in regards to our time limit, people are actually stepping up and putting up.

First and foremost. ##Unvote: Kaze

Now that you've actually shown up and communicated, I think we're getting somewhere. I'm decidedly uncomfortable with your quick response to Xanth and the way you retract your vote immediately. You miss his point completely, his problem isn't your vote, but rather that you haven't said anything worthwhile. You're just picking on a lurker, the easiest thing there is to do. I'm giving you a slight repreive for the moment to try and get Disland posting, but I expect something more substantive in the near future.

##Vote: Disland

Now its your turn. Again, at this juncture (especially with a time limit down), not talking is a bad thing.

Mulling over some other possible cases in my mind.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2008, 02:45:55 AM »
##Unvote: Nilie
##Vote: roflknife

I don't know how much time I have, so throwing this down for now.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2008, 02:49:36 AM »
Oh ok it looks like I have heaps of time left.

This vote is placed purely by looking at recent posts. Both Silver and roflknife posted rather useless posts, neither of them contributing in any meaningful fashion.

Posts in question are here:
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1941.msg34305#msg34305

and:
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1941.msg34404#msg34404

So these two are still my big lynch targets. The only reason i'm going for roflkniofe over sillver is that he already has one vote on him, and we're on a time limit. TBH I'd rather lynch Silver, but a roflknife is fine too.

RoflKnife

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2008, 04:11:57 AM »
Tom:

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1941.msg34094#msg34094
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1941.msg34225#msg34225

You didn't see those 2...

If you're not going to answer my question in the 2nd post above, I'm going to assume the worse and vote for you, as you are deflecting suspicion onto others rather than defending themselves...

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1941.msg33468#msg33468

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
Oh right, sorry I didn't realise that was a serious question. I thought you looked the worst out of all those lurkers, becuase you were posting the least helpful content. It's nothing personal, there's a lot of lurkers in this game, and you've built up the most negativity.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Cardboard Turnstile Insulator
« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:09 AM »
First, let's finish what I started yesterday. The longer it's left the less fair it is.

Silver: First day has been adequately commented on already. Joke vote replaced for another vote backing up a joke vote on schnwtfhisname was the initial hook, albeit still basically harmless until Delta injected a serious attempt into it. Rest of the day locked on to Xanth in a cryptic gut-feeling manner. Some very odd language (which schnwtfhisname claims is breadcrumbing, but I still don't see the aim, maybe I'm missing the obvious. Not that I'd let it sway me, and I certainly don't want it to be discussed, but at least it would let some weird pieces fall into place), and some of it fidgets at me to read it more like a townsman who'll have the last laugh when he turns up dead and innocent than scum making threats to remove votes ("it might be after my turn has come" in particular).

Continues to defend the single-mindedness into day two, which I'm still certain is a bad idea given the circumstances. Finally settles down a few [real life] days into day two, and spreads opinions out (they read a little distantly, but still pin his views down). His case on Tom is based on poor rationale (which Tom answers all of), but doesn't reek of disingenuousness. Fills out opinions on other people when asked, but still prefers this to defending himself on counts other than the single-mindedness, which is what worries me, as does the suddenly becomes serious in the way of quotes about a silly point on Tom (the 'speaks like town' thing) after specifically not being bothered with previous matters where they'd have helped (although the point itself was daft, it's not the backing it up that rubs me wrong, it's the bizarre timing of going all out).

Putting zooyork -1 to hammer grieves me on account of ignoring my call for halting votes on him at -3 to hammer (alongside Kaze), but I'm less convinced of the other reasons. For better or for worse I think that he just hasn't thought out the more complicated implications of some of the elements of mafia set up in this manner and would have dropped his vote on him regardless of the vote count (not that this says anything about his alignment), and the whole modkill angle didn't show up until after that post. Actually, everything after that feels rather good-natured to me. Misguided, but still.

He's either the scummiest scum scum to have ever scummed the scum, or a potentially easily misdirected townsman. The misunderstanding of various rules and implications along the way doesn't sway me either way. I'm going to average the odds out and call this a slightly scummy side of neutral for today.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2008, 12:37:16 PM »
Votecount:

Nilie (0) - EvilTom
Kaze (1) - AndrewRogue, Xanth
RoflKnife (2) - Nilie, EvilTom