Author Topic: Britannian Geass Mafia - Game Over  (Read 59141 times)

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Kimono Escalator Cello
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »
And for the rest of today's matters.

First and foremost: I will be around for the hours immediately leading up to the time limit. Given that barely half of the players have so far got involved in this day even though it's been over 3 1/2 days and nearly halfway through the deadline, I'm not going to be surprised if we don't reach the hammer. I'll try and be around as much as possible to get towards the hammer, but I'll say at this point that if my vote can change who gets lynched, I will not hesitate to move or leave it to who I personally think is the most suspicious of the options. This is mostly obvious enough in and of itself, but the important part to note is that my act will be predictable depending on the options (as I've made my opinions clear), so you should be paying attention to how people arrange these options, as either way (giving me a certain choice and letting the responsibility lie on my head, or pushing someone out far enough ahead that I can't make a difference) will probably have mafia intent behind it somewhere.

Tom: Why emphasize me on voting so little? Why not Nillie, Silver, schnwtfhisname,  AndrewRogue, or Disland? That comment particularly stuck out to me as you've been cracking down on me since yesterday.

I find it bizarre that Tom would not mention Disland in his little list of lurkers, but the others seem clear to me. He voted for Nilie and included him on his list so lord knows why you're listing him there, one thing Silver cannot be accused of at this point is lurking (so his inclusion worries me that its intention was to divert Tom back to his case on Silver) and schnwtfhisname has voted plenty and offered more. Andrew's been gone more, but his original vote for the day stuck where it was for sensible reasons, and Tom and I are giving him the benefit of the doubt on the period of absence for meta-game reasons (the first chunk of it being due to to him playing in the anonymafia game). In all, it seems like a weird set of people to fire back at that.

Oh, and in case you really are confused about part of the case in your direction it's that you're actively lurking, which is to say that you're posting a lot, but not actually offering much content, and even your votes don't tell us anything about you.

##UNVOTE: Disland

Wait, what. See Andrew's response to see my own. Your vote was sensible where it was for the context, it's just that you thus far only seem to have two states for players: neutral, and voted for, and Silver's the only case so far where the latter has been for anything other than plain lurking (far from inherently bad, but it tells us nothing about you if that's all we have). There are all sorts of other states between the two that are useful to bring up, and by this point it's getting on for just as useful to know who you think of as being better than neutral.

Tom: I don't think too badly of Silver's post there assuming that he does come back with something to back it up relatively soon.

Tom:

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1941.msg34094#msg34094
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1941.msg34225#msg34225

You didn't see those 2...

Here's the thing - neither of those actually help us. The first of them says 'let's do these things; also I'll do something else meaningful', but 'let's do this' is meaningless without actually doing it, and you have yet to get back with the information offered in that post; and the second I've already covered.

Oh right, sorry I didn't realise that was a serious question.

Despite the weird list posed, this does strike me as odd.

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Britannian Geass Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »
Well, I believe logic like mine can make the game quite interesting and bring things out in people you wouldn't usually see. Apparently you're dead set that it is the actions of scum, and you can think what you want. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm not going to say that it's a bad way to play, it's just how I think.

Anyways, for today...

EvilTom: You seem to be quite adamant on keeping me in there, there's a good amount of consistency. Although trying to lump me in with people that have posted far less than me almost seems like bias. It also seems like you're going for the easier lynch because of the time limit instead of sticking to what you say. If you think I'm so goddamn bad, vote for me, not another lurker. Seems like this time limit has got you anxious to kill somebody off.

Xanth: It seems a little excessive again. It's hard to say anything about anyone when you say every little bit. This is actually having an inverse effect on posting content I think. Going as far to post links and full overviews that span pages and pages worth seems almost obsessive itself. I know you want to keep the game going, but be a little more concise with your opinions.

Nilie: A sudden burst in activity actually worries me a good bit. But it came when it was needed and most people didn't know exactly what to say.

Overall: The decision on whether or not to focus on lurkers has been rather inconsistent throughout the game. Some say it's a wasted vote (then go and vote for somebody with the least activity...), some say it's better to get them out of the way. It seems rather odd how voting for lurkers is only bad when it's convenient to your case against somebody. As well, this day has been really slow because people thought to be scum were actually town, leading people to not know what to say. With all the evidence against a suspicious delta, he turned out to be Town after all, grinding the game to a halt. Hopefully over the next few days it will pick up again.

I'm going to stick to my own suspicions rather than going for somebody that someone has already voted for. Time limit be damned. If people want to follow my lead, or vote for me because of it, go ahead.

Vote: EvilTom

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Lily Drill Ocean
« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2008, 04:38:18 PM »
As an aside:

Xanth: It seems a little excessive again. It's hard to say anything about anyone when you say every little bit. This is actually having an inverse effect on posting content I think.

(emphasis my own)

I know. It's frustrating, because I'm not sure what level would have been best. It feels like this game was doomed from the start on account of the levels of inactivity, but either we catch scum now and get the necessary invigoration to make a proper stab at it, or we fail to, [probable] LYLO works out very badly indeed and the game ends very early. The clash doesn't seem to have done the game any good, unfortunately.

Nilie

• Denizen
  • Omedetou~ Folks. You're the Geass. ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2008, 08:32:06 PM »
Oh My. Things are speeding up again I see. Let me read through all of this. I am glad to see everyone seems to have regained interest again.

RoflKnife

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »
Xanth: Yes you're right, Tom did mention Nillie, completely my bad. I have a lead as told in my 2nd post, but I want to be almost positive before go all in for the person I'm eyeing. My death would also give me an almost positive result too, because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to convince you guys I'm a townie. By the look of things, I'll be the lynch when Damocles arrives, so before I die, I'll spill my beans.

schnwtfhisname

• the frequently misspelled
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2008, 10:31:52 PM »
I've been quite busy this week, a lot happened while I was gone it seems...

Xanth, thanks for the analyses and links list.

I said earlier that El Cideon at one point had made me uneasy about Evil Tom (during day 2), but going back to look at this, the most El Cid did was to accuse him of scaremongering, and most of it may have been critique on playstyle instead. At the time it had appeared more alarming to me than it actually may be.

Nothing from Remo today, which should be noted. His vote on Delta was at least somewhat substantiated however.

Regarding silver, I have been having trouble getting a sense of what he is actually after, I'll look at this more in depth a bit later.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2008, 02:12:41 AM »
I don't think you understand the concept of 'town only has one weapon, and it is called the lynch'.
Seems like this time limit has got you anxious to kill somebody off.
Time limit be damned.
Yesterday you tried to waste town's only weapon on lynching an inactive towny who was going to be modkilled.

I'm going to stick to my own suspicions rather than going for somebody that someone has already voted for.
Today, you don't care if we get to lynch or not, you'd rather follow your personal vendetta against me. Even if it means putting the town's lynch at risk.

If you think I'm so goddamn bad, vote for me, not another lurker.
I'm not going to vote for you.
Unlike you, I place the interests of town ahead of my own.
It is in the interests of town to reach a majority vote. If we do not do this in the time limit, we will not get a lynch.

However rest assured, tomorrow when time is on our side then I shall vote for you.
In the meantime, please start acting like a member of team town and not team Silver.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 26, 2008, 03:23:17 AM »
Xanth: It seems a little excessive again. It's hard to say anything about anyone when you say every little bit. This is actually having an inverse effect on posting content I think. Going as far to post links and full overviews that span pages and pages worth seems almost obsessive itself. I know you want to keep the game going, but be a little more concise with your opinions.

I'm going to say, right now, this rings really poorly to me. The fact is that, at the moment, Xanth is really the only one providing content and keeping discussion moving. Xanth isn't saying everything there is to be said. And, if he is, then people should be taking his analysis and running with it. While I understand the imperative to encourage someone to be more concise... Xanth is. He's condensed his opinions significantly. Yes, they are still a bit long, but in the absence of anyone else doing anything... That makes me kind of uncomfortable. At this point, I'm not inclined to discourage Xanth as he's... well. Providing.

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2008, 04:00:09 AM »
Yesterday you tried to waste town's only weapon on lynching an inactive towny who was going to be modkilled.

Look again. The admin said that he was to be modkilled AFTER I had voted.

I'm going to stick to my own suspicions rather than going for somebody that someone has already voted for.
Today, you don't care if we get to lynch or not, you'd rather follow your personal vendetta against me. Even if it means putting the town's lynch at risk.

If you think I'm so goddamn bad, vote for me, not another lurker.
I'm not going to vote for you.
Unlike you, I place the interests of town ahead of my own.
It is in the interests of town to reach a majority vote. If we do not do this in the time limit, we will not get a lynch.

However rest assured, tomorrow when time is on our side then I shall vote for you.
In the meantime, please start acting like a member of team town and not team Silver.

Indeed. But what does voting for somebody you don't even think should be killed off do? Would it help if we were wrong yet again, just rushing to a kill because of a time limit? I see that as foolish. I say the time limit shouldn't force who you should vote for just because of that reason.

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2008, 04:36:42 AM »
My bad, meant to edit that one middle part of the quote out while I was posting. Not make it look like I posted the same thing myself.

Remo

• Denizen
  • As wet as you want to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2008, 06:27:41 AM »
Ok I have been pretty busy recently, so I wasn't able to follow this thread for a while.

But seriously this game is turning out to be much more effort than I expected.

I will try to follow what is going on and make reasonable votes or comments regularly, but goddamn I am not going to quote every damn thing or provide detailed justifications for everything I do, its just too time consuming. I am just going to go with general impressions based on what the other players have said or argued for so far.

Disland hasn't posted, and stands a good chance of being modkilled, so I will ignore for now.

Xanth continues to examine everyone closely, still seems to be generally fair in his observations

Tom and Silvers are targeting each other. I found silver's actions to be inconsistent at times but recently Tom has been even more inconsistent or questionable.

Roflknife still has a somewhat suspicious air around him, but its more of a vague feeling atm.

The rest, I don't really have any opinions about.

##VOTE:EvilTom for generally scummy behavior.

Yes thats all the justifications you are going to get from me. Live with it.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2008, 07:48:31 AM »
Votecount:
Nilie (0) - EvilTom
Kaze (1) - AndrewRogue, Xanth
RoflKnife (2) - Nilie, EvilTom
EvilTom (2) - Silver, Remo
Disland (1) - Kaze, AndrewRogue

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Roughly 5hrs until day 3 ends.
If the day ends with a tie, there'll be sudden mode for someone to break the tie~
Also, Disland is in "modkill along w/dayend" territory currently.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:59:11 AM by Schneizel »

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Personalised Magic Thermometer
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2008, 07:59:44 AM »
Due to stalled progress, there is now a 48hr time limit left on day 3. Whoever has the most votes will be lynched at the end of 48hrs.

(underlining my own)

See above.

##UNVOTE:Kaze
##VOTE:Disland

Given the current votes, my options are Roflknife, Tom and Disland. It's frustrating that a lurker is the best option, but there you have it. Meta-gaming the fact that both night phases have lasted bloody ages and that his last login time (21 September 2008, 15:38:00 forum time in case he shows up again) coincides with just before the end of the second night phase implies that he's really quite likely to have a night action, but of course doesn't mean he's mafia.

I'll still be around to change my vote if the climate changes in the remaining hours, but given this makes it 2-2-2 and hence rather complicated I thought I'd get it out now.

Ninja'ed by our good lord Schneizel: bugger, okay, let me think about this again in a bit.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Last Glass Periscope
« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2008, 08:04:09 AM »
##UNVOTE: Disland
##VOTE: Kaze

Well that was a great maneuver. If things continue to stand as they are I will midly regrettably place another vote on Roflknife come the end of the day, but as things stand I'll still try and leave Kaze as an option to others.

Nilie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2008, 10:16:37 AM »
Would you believe it if I said I actually fell asleep last night while reading through this page? Clearly though things are more active now it still isn't active enough.
Disland modkilled too? Why do I feel that simply cannot turn out to be in the town's favor?
Re-reading through Kaze's posts, I can see where some of you are coming from. But the vibes of scummy evil still remain stronger emanating from Rolfknife IMhumbleO.
Oh and Xanth, do I look like scum to you? Really, keep your standards high and do not compare me to those people. Isn't confusion what makes this game all the more fun? Enough reassuring for you. Live with what little suspicion you've left of me, I won't ruin it for you. And I really cannot be bothered to explain any of my intentions at all anymore.
I think what makes this Geass mafia game interesting is that, practically just about every main character in this show wears a mask, and reveals one side of themselves alone to the one party and the other(s) to the opposing crowd.

Since I think I now have caught up with the fact that some of the players here may not be familiar with the Code Geass universe, maybe I'll expand on this just to make things a bit more interesting, since I currently lack anything new to add to what's been said so far. (I am attempting to separate from my character in this rpg for this.)

Take Lelouch for example, Zero, Lelouch Lamperouge, Lelouch Vi Britannia(erhm, Nii-san and Boya). He wears the mask literally, along with a few other characters.
Suzaku and Kallen in S1 were hiding their faces behind the Lancelot and Gurren respectively. Perhaps we can also add Jeremiah Gottwalt/Orange-kun to that list (yes, it is an orange mask, isn't it?), and Sayoko who was, maid, ninja, and replacement!Lelouch.
Symbolically there is of course, a lot more people to put in this category, Karen Kouzuki/Kallen Stadfield, Honorary Britannian/Knight/Ko0 Suzaku/Friend/Boku school personality Suzaku. Villetta, before and after memory loss and after even memory recovery. Ougi Kaname/Bear.
And of course Fabulous Schneizel-sama (who still wt*-s all, for even I still do not get it) and Charlie/Charles/Charuru-sama.
And Tamaki, who is sekkrity captain planet. And C.C who's inner personality is CChi and just wants to be loved and eat pizza. And Rolo/casual murderer/otoutou/rag/worn rag-scratch hero/tool/screwdriver/Tanaguchi.

I am enjoying what little time I actually do spend playing this rpg, aren't you too? I wonder though if this is going to last until after the actual Code Geass season ends? In like... http://tsukuru.info/r2/ OMG! New Fabulous Geassgelion Layout ala Orange! You people have taste.

1 days, 22 hours, and 45 minutes left. ****!

Nilie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »

EvilTom: You seem to be quite adamant on keeping me in there, there's a good amount of consistency. Although trying to lump me in with people that have posted far less than me almost seems like bias. It also seems like you're going for the easier lynch because of the time limit instead of sticking to what you say. If you think I'm so goddamn bad, vote for me, not another lurker. Seems like this time limit has got you anxious to kill somebody off.

Nilie: A sudden burst in activity actually worries me a good bit. But it came when it was needed and most people didn't know exactly what to say.

I'm going to stick to my own suspicions rather than going for somebody that someone has already voted for. Time limit be damned. If people want to follow my lead, or vote for me because of it, go ahead.

Vote: EvilTom

I must say I agree with what you're saying to EVILtom, and I shared your feeling about the sudden activity burst at first, but as you can see from my previous post, speeding things up at this time might not be such a bad thing (The CGR2 writers did it afterall, resolve so sudden is hard to stomach. Ask the Eva fans.)

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Spindly Pillar Graphic
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2008, 10:57:04 AM »
Time is short. I'm not particularly happy with lynching Roflknife like this at all, but I'll be even less comfortable with it if he doesn't get the chance to 'spill the beans' as he so put it. He did make it clear that he saw this possibility and knew when Damocles is going to hit, and has checked in since that post, so I'm a little surprised that nothing's been said yet.

I could let it hit sudden death mode to buy time, but I don't especially like the sound of leaving it like that.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2008, 12:37:58 PM »
Votecount:
Nilie (0) - EvilTom
Kaze (1) - AndrewRogue, Xanth, Xanth
RoflKnife (2) - Nilie, EvilTom
EvilTom (2) - Silver, Remo
Disland (1) - Kaze, Xanth, AndrewRogue

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

~15mins until Day 3 ends.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2008, 12:53:14 PM »
Welcome to Sudden Death! You may vote between RoflKnife and EvilTom only. (Or move your vote onto, etc.) Whoever gets voted on first = Dead!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:56:04 PM by Schneizel »

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Formula Tent Amalgamation
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2008, 12:55:26 PM »
I don't like this at all. The lack of action just tells me that I'm almost certainly voting for an innocent. It's going to be hilarious when Tom turns out to be scum, but even now I don't see it. Roflknife's own silence just makes it more confusing.

Pure gut feeling tells me that Roflknife is innocent, and (I wouldn't comment on this if it not being the end of what is basically a closed deal) I'm deeply concerned that he might be a power role, probably the cop, based on his cryptic comments earlier in the day. That's just gut instinct, though, and rationally I have to go with this over Tom at this point. It just makes it uncomfortable.

I'm confident that Disland has a power of some sort, but I've no clue what. Anything from the doctor down to crap like the messenger on town side, or any sort of scum on the other.

In any case,
##UNVOTE: Kaze
##VOTE: Roflknife

VERY IMPORTANT: Guys, if neither Disland nor Roflknife are scum then we're almost certainly in LYLO as of day 4. Someone can explain the full complications this gives us if this is the case as of the day starting, but the important thing is that you DO NOT PLACE RANDOM VOTES AT THE START OF THE DAY. USE FOS IF YOU WANT TO PRESSURE SOMEONE. If there are seven players left at the start of tomorrow with no mafia kills then any vote from a townsman on another townsman is basically an instant win for mafia. If there are eight then it takes two townsmen on the same townsman, but even then. DO NOT RUSH IN.

Ninja'ed by Schneizel: well, with no help from Roflknife in time I'm going to have to take that power immediately.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2008, 01:00:03 PM »
Disland a.k.a. Shinozaki Sayoko (Scum-aligned Ninja Maid) has been modkilled.
RoflKnife a.k.a. Gino Weinberg (The Town Ladies Man) has been lynched.

It is now Night 3! Send Night Action PM's to Charles as usual!

...flavor text after the Macross F 25 song spam leaves my head. ;_;

Charles di Britannia

• The 98th Emperor of Britannia
  • Denizen
  • ALL HAIL BRITANNIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2008, 08:27:58 AM »
Night 3 comes to an end.

The information department gathered back at Ashford Academy. The academy had narrowly avoided being FLEIA'd the previous day. Sure they lost Gino in the explosion, but all he did was talk about how he wanted to get into Kallen's pants. They also lost Rivalz, but he turned out to be Sayoko wearing a mask and voice changer anyway! After a quick head count, the group found that everyone was accounted for.

No one died last night.
Day 4 begins.

Still Alive
Nilie
schnwtfhisname
AndrewRogue
Xanth
EvilTom
Kaze
Remo
Silver

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:31:23 AM by Charles di Britannia »
People... are not equal...

schnwtfhisname

• the frequently misspelled
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2008, 08:40:42 AM »
Alright, we’re back.

First of all I would like to apologize for being somewhat absent the last few days, as well as having been a little impatient with reading the longer posts (though hopefully that wasn’t evident). But it is the weekend now so I should have a little more time for the next few days at least.
Now down to business.

Disland was found to be scum. In past games I’ve partaken of elsewhere, there tends to be a pattern that oftentimes scum will mention each other by name in their posts far less often than they mention innocents. They may call up false suspicions or pretend to discuss each other once in a while, but generally will try not to place attention on their scumbuddies. So I propose we look at namedrop frequency a bit.

I thought this over and conjured up this immense post during night, and I'm very glad that now that the night's results are in, nobody town has been killed. This also means no major changes to this post, so I am happy on that account as well.

Part One: what the man himself has said of others.

-Roflknife: Disland voted him in initial random voting phase, turned out to be innocent.
-El Cideon: Disland accused him of “taking advantage of newbies”. Turned out to be innocent.
-Xanth: suffered the same accusation, but Disland later forgets about this and uses his post to justify his own vote on Delta.
-Delta: Voted on, turned out to be innocent.
-Zooyork: Called “waste of a lynch,” turned out to be innocent.

Given Disland’s initial attempt to paint Xanth in a negative light, then relying on him as an excuse for his own scummy behavior, I would say that Xanth looks even more innocent at this point than previously. Unfortunately all the other players Disland mentioned are out of the game, so while they have all been proven innocent it does not give us much.

Part Two: what others have said about him.

Confirmed innocents (deceased)

-El Cideon: 5 mentions including 1 vote and unvote out of 17 posts, noted his lurking and tried to encourage him to talk.
-Delta: 6 mentions including 1 vote and unvote out of 14 posts, noted his lurking and later tried to get Disland to justify his own bandwagon vote on him without success.
-Roflknife: 3 out of 17 posts, noted lurking.

Unfortunately this does not give us too much information other than that out of these innocents, 2 out of 3 did mention him a decent number of times as well as voted on him, and all 3 were concerned about his lurking. Going on with the theory that his fellow scum may not mention or pressure him as frequently, and if they do so it is only for show, we’ll move on to the living players.

The rest of us (Note that aside from Xanth none of the rest have been mentioned by him.)

-Xanth: 19 mentions including 1 vote and unvote out of appx. 42 posts, includes very detailed assessment and constantly reminded us that his lurking was a suspicious and dangerous behavior. Noted that Tom did not include him in the list of lurkers.
-Tom: 3 mentions out of 23 posts. I would say that this is quite a small number of mentions. In addition, none of his comments on Disland were overtly negative; one of the posts simply requested a recount of his vote, and another actually asked silver why Disland among the candidates he put pressure on.
-Remo: 3 of 8 posts, also nothing overtly negative but at least a higher frequency of mentions. Noted that he was soon to be modkilled.
-Silver: 2 of 23 posts, both noting his low activity and pressuring him to talk more.
-Andrew: 3 of 12, including a vote, all posts noting his low activity.
-Kaze: 2 of 9, including a vote for lurking and unvote.
-Nilie: 1 mention.
-Myself: 4 of 14, including vote for lurking and unvote. I noted that he was one of the people who jumped on the bandwagon to lynch Delta with little justification. (This list, in my opinion, also included Tom and Remo.) Other than that I did admit I had trouble telling his behavior apart from the other lurkers.

Additionally, here’s another fun list, one may not want to read into it too much however.

Surviving players who have never voted Disland
EvilTom
Remo
Silver
Nilie

From the context of how Disland has interacted with others and how he was discussed, I would say this places Tom in a somewhat less than favorable light. I’ve been waffling on my opinion of Tom for a while, but this pushes it into the negative. As for others who have mentioned him very little, it is possible that with his low activity he just flew under people’s radar (I’m most inclined to think this of Nilie), but still it is something that requires attention.

And, this post does come quite soon, but this is an issue I wanted to call attention to immediately when Disland was revealed as scum, so I wrote this out some time ago and have been checking back compulsively for night to end.

Regarding no one dying, while it is best not to speculate how that happened, expect the scum to create a lot of confusion in trying to lynch the town-aligned parties they believe to be responsible (Doctor or bulletproof) soon.

Anyway, FOS Tom for the moment, I'll see where that gets us.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Swamp Karaoke Handrail
« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
I've not been awake for long, so I'll go and actually get up before looking at this properly, but I thought I'd point out the game-mechanic-related points without delay.

First, the immediate looming threat of LYLO hasn't shown its head, so whilst prudence is still in order, we're not so worried about a vote here or there instantly ending the game.

They also lost Rivalz, but he turned out to be Sayoko wearing a mask and voice changer anyway!

I'm going to take from this that the scum have more than likely been given specific names to fake name claim with. Do not base assumptions of innocence or guilt (mostly the innocence part) on breadcrumbing to an innocent Britannian, as it could be scum breadcrumbing to their innocent role (no one should have been doing this anyway, but this should be enough to convince people on the matter).

schnwtfhisname: interesting post. There are a few important points I want to discuss, but I'll get to them when I get back. Just commenting now to say that I recognise the effort you've gone to.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Television Pie Broadsword
« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2008, 01:20:14 PM »
Actually, scratch that. Looks like I'm going to be busy today. I'll probably be back come early evening, and given this is the quiet period of the day you might not notice the difference anyway.