Author Topic: Britannian Geass Mafia - Game Over  (Read 59120 times)

Nilie

• Denizen
  • Omedetou~ Folks. You're the Geass. ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: Britannian Geass Mafia - Day 4
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2008, 09:28:11 PM »
OOC Warning for this line: Now, I just feel bad. I just want to say, Xanth, your last minute feelings and intuition suck at timing.

Yet well, at least we got a lead on  Sayoko did  we not?

Now, wow, schnwtfhisname that is one big post. But aren't we FOS the wrong people again for the wrong reasons? I was so sure that Roflknife was a good place to aim but I turned out to be very wrong. Yet, some voice in my head reassures me and tell me he would very likely have joined the scum side of town of side, eventually. Call it odd intuition.

Let's think our next vote carefully, shall we?

Nilie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »
Honestly, I am too tired to study this anymore. Perhaps Turn 25's excitement tomorrow will kick me back working again. *rubs one eye*
I really am feeling quite pissed at the scum right now. Perhaps I can dream of  the culprit revealing their identity to me.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Penguin Girl Heart
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2008, 01:41:00 AM »
I just want to say, Xanth, your last minute feelings and intuition suck at timing.

No, that information was strictly not to be offered for deliberation. That's not the sort of thing you discuss idly to decide whether to lynch him or not. If he was the cop (which is what his actions were shouting at me - some power of some sort anyhow) he should have role claimed when his back was to the wall so he could unload any useful information and get someone else lynched instead. He'd have then probably died at night (depending on a WIFOM game between the mafia and doctor), but at least things would have been certain. Had we discussed it earlier then on one hand we could convince ourselves that a mafioso was a town power role (which would have had the added problem of counter-claims from the actual role-holder getting them NKed unnecessarily as well), and on the other extreme he could have been a power role and we could lead scum straight to him for NKing.

I only mentioned it at all to bare it all at a point where the information couldn't be used in a bad way but wasn't jaded by being in hindsight of knowing what he was. As breadcrumbing as it all was, with the deadline gone and no sign of him to follow up on his previous claim, I had to make it go where it needed to, and other than this unsubstantiated feeling that we might be losing someone important I'd rather Tom was still around.

Having said that, his own absence is starting to pique my interest, as does the rather bizarre slip of not mentioning Disland in his list of lurkers.

Charles Di Britannia / Schneizel: can you please clarify Roflknife's and [bDisland[/b]'s roles at some point, please? Even now I don't know how badly I/we've struck out by choosing him. I instinctively relaxed a bit when the reading of his role came up as it did, but it's since occurred that it doesn't mean that he wasn't something. I guess I just don't see Gino as being anything useful.

Disland was found to be scum. In past games I’ve partaken of elsewhere, there tends to be a pattern that oftentimes scum will mention each other by name in their posts far less often than they mention innocents. They may call up false suspicions or pretend to discuss each other once in a while, but generally will try not to place attention on their scumbuddies. So I propose we look at namedrop frequency a bit.

In what's going to turn out to be a hilarious chain, I've been busy all day and should have headed to sleep a while back, so I'm going to delay much in the way of new content till tomorrow morning. I thought I'd at least get through the points of caution I had with this post first.

This principle [in the above quote] is fair enough. Hardly the measure by which everything suddenly solves, but it takes us interesting places. The one thing to really be careful about is that whilst the lack of direct contact may throw suspicion on actual scum, the reverse (lots of discussion about/between the two => innocence) doesn't hold. In an example that's close to hand, if you look at the anonymafia game that was running at the same time as this earlier on you'll see that the two scum were at each other's throats for a decent part of the early game. In short, whilst scumtells on this aren't just a matter of WIFOM here, determining innocence strictly is just that.

Regarding no one dying, while it is best not to speculate how that happened, expect the scum to create a lot of confusion in trying to lynch the town-aligned parties they believe to be responsible (Doctor or bulletproof) soon.

I can't imagine we'll get anything out of looking for this, as it's most likely either a doctor they don't know, or a bulletproof who can shout up if they're in trouble of getting lynched. I can't imagine we're looking for anything out of the ordinary for scumtells in terms of voting and such in this day phase.

And with that I'm off to sleep. I hope to see that more people have made an appearance, as the lurker list is set to expand again if things continue as they have been.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2008, 11:39:37 AM »
Sorry, I've been at an anime convention for the last 3 days. I only got 3 hours sleep last night, so I haven't had time to read posts/make posts. I'll be reading over after I've got some sleep tomorrow hopefully. Seeya then.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Tomorrow South Piranha
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »
The complete lack of discussion is disappointing. I'd expected that things would be quiet for the period between the final episode airing and some time after gg release it, but I wasn't expecting the last 12 hours or so to also be devoid of posts, especially when everyone has been here since the day started. It's hard to pick out mafia behaviour when more than half the game is acting in the same way.

We have progress. We have three days of tells to pick from. We have a confirmed mafioso to track information from, and lots of the work already done. There are outstanding charges from yesterday still in the air. It seems like a really bizarre point for everything to suddenly freeze.

I've rewritten my analysis from this point on like five times now. I started by saying that I saw nothing sticking out in certain actions, but each time I try to justify things to myself things just slip further and further into suspicion. Of the 'never voted for Disland' list, I can't find fault with Remo's actions, and can't paint anything evil from them (bar the vague possibility of a Tom/Remo partnership, but I'll downplay that for now due to the unlikelihood, and the silliness ensuing from considering all possible pairs). Even with his recent display of apathy, I am [for now] satisfied with believing that he is town.

I never know where to place Nilie. The lack of content against Disland seems to mostly be due to concerted efforts against Roflknife, so I'm primarily interested in seeing where he goes next.

Silver is still as ambiguously evil/naive as ever. His actions can be explained in equal parts either way.

Tom I really wanted to believe, and it'll really bug me if I actually had the choice between lynching a townsman and a mafioso and went with the townsman. The trouble is that as soon as I went to say that I didn't think his not voting for Disland meant anything, everything I then tried to use to justify his actions with could have just as easily been mafia moves. I was originally going to say that being on zooyork for the maximum sensible time for him to be there took away any chance to vote for Disland, but the timing of the vote for zooyork is ever so conveniently just after Disland made a post, making it 'the natural thing' to vote for zooyork, no questions asked. I was going to say that he was the first one to point out the possibility of a mod kill and leapt straight on to someone more suspicious to him (Silver), but if he is mafia then it sounds like the perfect point to switch out to get two innocents down in a day for the price of one, with bonuses in the form of Disland being less likely to be fingered in a 'don't lynch a useless flip' environment and plus points for himself for taking apart the bandwagon after the point that it was unlikely to finish anyway. This (assuming an innocent Silver) starts to look good when Delta takes the bait, but falls apart when a train on Delta himself picks up the steam. Again, I was going to justify the Delta vote as a justified necessity, but it works out just fine as mafia.

Starting day 3 by talking about lurkers but not Disland is just plain weird. This just doesn't fit with me at all, town or mafia. There is a case for Roflknife at that point, but I don't think he points to it well. The rest of the day doesn't put me at ease either.

The thing is, just about the whole thing fits just as easily as town as scum, and I'd really read it as nothing but town until I had to try and justify it for myself. The coincidences bug me most, including the hitherto unmentioned convenience of El Cid's death.

I'm going to need more time to deliberate over this before deciding which of my current top options (Tom, Kaze and Silver) I actually want to pursue at this juncture, primarily because I haven't been tracking Tom with suspicion as I had the other two from early on, but schnwtfhisname has successfully caused me to have at least this much doubt in my previous convictions.

Nilie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2008, 02:36:32 PM »
It's alright Xanth, the town is probably just still under the traumatizing shock of an experience that was turn 25 of R2. We'll get over it. Maybe.

Field of Orange... 2chan and 4chan can tell the truth it appears.

Lack of activity confuses me, I am indecisive, I shall wait.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »
Out of idle curiosity Nilie, what exactly are you going to wait for?

Otherwise, trying to put together analysis between homework and errands and such. Will do my damndest to have something available tonight.

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 29, 2008, 05:41:42 AM »
I'm evil now apparently, and that's pretty awesome.

To be truthful, most of my replies are made to get reactions above all else. It seems to be working quite well if I can get a rise out of people and become a prime suspect. I'll stick by that method because it's simply entertaining to play that way. Right now everything is really stale. You've got Xanth almost talking to himself by now. You've got people waiting for other people to post. You've got scum modkilled for inactivity instead of lynched. Most votes are based on somebody's inactivity, and they end up being town anyways. So I really hope the rest of you pick it up. Even if it is against me.

Of course this post is going to put me a bit more over the top in terms of suspicion, so I guess I might reveal my role within the next few posts regardless of how many votes are against me.

schnwtfhisname

• the frequently misspelled
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 29, 2008, 06:38:15 AM »
Silver, there are practically no votes at the moment, I'm not sure it is necessary to be so alarmist.

Nilie, I do think we should hear a little more of your opinion, even if you feel indecisive (about what?). And also, if you could explain why my FOS was for the wrong reasons.

Xanth: Kaze and Silver are not entirely under my radar either. Kaze did place a vote on Disland but it was quickly removed, and may not have carried much weight.

And the busy part of week is about to begin again, so I will be off.

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2008, 07:01:23 AM »
Who said I was alarmed? I'm just aware of the lack of progress, and will take action to at least make things a bit more exciting.

On the contrary, there's quite a lack of tension right now.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »
Silver, I anticipate your roleclaim. It will have something to do with a collar; am I correct?

Silver

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2008, 08:09:40 AM »
Alright, if you anticipate it, I guess I will anyways. Got nothing really to lose except losing the game, heh.

Silver aka. Shirley, Town-Aligned Vanilla.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2008, 08:36:50 AM »
Oh, my guess was wrong. Don't mind me.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Bulbous Kettle Form
« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2008, 10:29:12 AM »
It's funny because the two other people I mentioned have been on and done nothing but harm their cases, and yet I'm still going to go with the other one on the extended version of the same counts as before:

##VOTE: Kaze

Not least because we're two [actual] days into day four and there have been no votes otherwise. I did ask for caution for votes today at the end of day three, but that was because of the threat of LYLO, which we've dodged by some way. We're still only a mislynch away from a probable LYLO, but there's no threat from bandwagon hijacking.

I'm evil now apparently, and that's pretty awesome.

I don't know where the 'now' comes from when I've had the same opinion of you from day one, and you've picked up votes on both day one and two.

You've offered some anti-town sentiment and then a name/role claim. I'm perplexed that you would call the game stale when your number one suspect for the last few days has suddenly picked up suspicion from at least three other members of the game and yet you don't seek to remedy it by pursuing it further. In fact, not only have you yet to mention Tom again, you haven't mentioned anyone outside of the context 'town is sucking right now' in favour of this bizarre gambit.

I've already said that name claiming is pointless, especially tied to vanilla, as it seems highly likely that scum have been given safe names to claim (and we should assume so anyway). The claim doesn't change my split opinion of you in the slightest. The only thing it does manage is to make me really boggle over what schnwtfhisname thought was going on in day one with regards to breadcrumbing.

Tom: two people voted for you yesterday. Two different people have voiced doubts on you today. With that much in tow your first port of call on returning from a sizeable absence (not saying that the absence is suspicious, I'm sure you were at a convention) is to... egg Silver into roleclaiming and address nothing else?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2008, 10:55:30 AM »
Xanth - I thought I had guessed what Silver was going to claim. But I was wrong.

Silver - do you have any more info about your role you can add, or are you completely plain vanilla?

PS. I recommend that the rest of us don't roleclaim. There's really no reason to.

your first port of call on returning from a sizeable absence (not saying that the absence is suspicious, I'm sure you were at a convention) is to... egg Silver into roleclaiming and address nothing else?
I didn't make him roleclaim. He was already going to do that. I don't know why he felt like pressure was adding up to him to the point where he felt the need to claim. You should ask him that. I just wanted to try and guess his role before he claimed it. I didn't force him to claim at all, this was after he already said he was going to claim.

And still, I haven't been motivated enough to write up a big post. I slept 12 hours after the con, and I'm still recovering.

Nilie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »
Out of idle curiosity Nilie, what exactly are you going to wait for?

Otherwise, trying to put together analysis between homework and errands and such. Will do my damndest to have something available tonight.

I think for someone to roleclaim,  which has been done. So now I think I'll vote--- later, as it is ditto for the amount of work I have today.

Silver, there are practically no votes at the moment, I'm not sure it is necessary to be so alarmist.

Nilie, I do think we should hear a little more of your opinion, even if you feel indecisive (about what?). And also, if you could explain why my FOS was for the wrong reasons.

Well, while pointing fingers at people who have voted townies, or at people who have neglected to vote scum is probably a much better gauge of evilness than the post-count, I still don't think it's the best idea to see through the players. Some of us are just plain naive. *clears throat* I also got the impression that this post was a bit eagerly pointing fingers at just about everyone. But that was earlier.

Alright, if you anticipate it, I guess I will anyways. Got nothing really to lose except losing the game, heh.

Silver aka. Shirley, Town-Aligned Vanilla.

*Chuckles* That's just as Vanilla as they get, but shouldn't you have sounded a bit more upset about the events of night 2 then? I think it would have given us a good lead.

Xanth - I thought I had guessed what Silver was going to claim. But I was wrong.

PS. I recommend that the rest of us don't roleclaim. There's really no reason to.

And still, I haven't been motivated enough to write up a big post. I slept 12 hours after the con, and I'm still recovering.

I was wrong about Silver too, it seems. Though I suppose the icon was fabulous hinting. About roleclaiming, I wonder if EVILtom's idea is in favor of their person or of the entire town. How do I read this?

And on the motivation note, same is here, although perhaps for different reasons. Mainly yesterday's conclusion or lack thereof in Turn 25. The only good thing about that ending was probably Orange in his orange field. Picking oranges with Anya. 

Remind me the number of scum there should be left in the game, do you think?

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Crumpets Walk Polarisation
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »
Remind me the number of scum there should be left in the game, do you think?

Given the closed set up we can't be certain, but we're almost certainly looking for two more. I really can't believe there would be four at the start (any more than that would be outright impossible), and two would be really rather underpowered indeed given the actions we've seen transpire.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Britannian Geass Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2008, 02:44:45 PM »
Ok, so I did some reading...

Surviving players who have never voted Disland
EvilTom
Remo
Silver
Nilie

From the context of how Disland has interacted with others and how he was discussed, I would say this places Tom in a somewhat less than favorable light. I’ve been waffling on my opinion of Tom for a while, but this pushes it into the negative. As for others who have mentioned him very little, it is possible that with his low activity he just flew under people’s radar (I’m most inclined to think this of Nilie), but still it is something that requires attention.

And, this post does come quite soon, but this is an issue I wanted to call attention to immediately when Disland was revealed as scum, so I wrote this out some time ago and have been checking back compulsively for night to end.

Oh, but schnwtfhisname; oh I don't see you on that list; yet I don't see you on any other list as having voted for Disland either...
Does that mean... :O

Not only did you lie to town by creating a bogus list that was somehow lacking your own name, you used it to build a crappy case against me. When in fact, the same case of having never voted for the scum also applies to you.

I'm officially calling you on your bullshit.

##Vote: schnwtfhisname

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Underscore Sandbag Mound
« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »
That's a swing and a miss, Tom. He did so right here. Ten second check on the list of 'who voted for who'.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2008, 02:54:38 PM »
Weird.

I relied on the votecount which says he didn't:

VOTECOUNT

Disland (0) - El Cideon
ShiChelle (1) - Nilie
Kaze (0) - Silver
schnwtfhisname (0) - EvilTom, Silver, Deltaflyer
silver (3) - Remo, Xanth, EvilTom, Kaze
Xanth (2) - Andrew, Silver, Remo
Zooyork (0) - Kaze
roflknife (1) - Disland
EvilTom (0) - schnwtfhisname
Deltaflyer (2) - Andrew, El Cideon
Remo (1) - Deltaflyer

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

But as you say, he did. What the hell?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 29, 2008, 02:57:06 PM »
Ok it looks like it was just the mod stuffing up. >_<

Ok well.... it's concerning for many reasons. Such as, why didn't schnwtfhisname follow up the miscount? Was he paying attention?

But still, he did vote. It just didn't count for some reason.

Well there goes that theory;

##Unvote;.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »
Bardiche's fault~ Yohoho~
1st post updated w/final vote counts from the days.

Day 4 Vote Count
Kaze (1) - Xanth
schnwtfhisname (0) - EvilTom
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:19:51 PM by Schneizel »

Nilie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2008, 10:57:05 PM »
*sigh* I've just developed a right side of the brain migraine while re-reading through this game. I am very tired and feel like a failure. I failed to protect Ashford Students. *cue manly tears* My heart is wrenched.

I shall take the plunge. The scum must die. I hope Kaze will soon reappear to defend their cause.

#VOTE: Kaze

FOS: schnwtfhisname and Eviltom for the same reasons mentioned earlier, as poor and lame as they may seem to sound.

schnwtfhisname

• the frequently misspelled
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2008, 03:08:36 AM »
Quote from: Nilie
Well, while pointing fingers at people who have voted townies, or at people who have neglected to vote scum is probably a much better gauge of evilness than the post-count, I still don't think it's the best idea to see through the players. Some of us are just plain naive. *clears throat* I also got the impression that this post was a bit eagerly pointing fingers at just about everyone. But that was earlier.

It might give the impression that I was suspicious of everyone on that list, however I did acknowledge that almost everyone, including myself, was not mentioned by Disland, and most of us had little concrete to say against him. As I said before, he flew under the radar of many people, and it would be presumptuous to automatically claim so-and-so was suspicious on that alone. If I made more of specific cases, it is because I think there was more there to examine.

Tom: I did not notice that my vote was not counted (considering it had already happened once before, and things were moving along, I just assumed it went toward the tally). At this stage I don't expect you to believe me, but that is what happened. If my case against you is so poor, maybe you could refute it on a more than general level, such as why you did not mention Disland's lurking or went to lengths to make sure his vote was counted correctly (when you are basically accusing me of something similar-- not caring about my vote on him being counted).

The "people who did not vote him" list is not entirely a suspect list, nor am I claiming everyone not on the list automatically more innocent. I was just throwing more information out there in the hopes that it would be of use.

As for Silver's claim, it is unexpected and I was somewhat off on my initial assessment, which is a bit of an honest mistake and hopefully will not have the need to come up again. There are always alternate possibilities of course but the occasion has not yet arisen for that. At any rate I will give the benefit of the doubt about the claim for now.

There seem to be votes gathering on Kaze, who has not entirely been in the clear either, but I will wait to hear something from him first.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2008, 03:33:33 AM »
As for why I didn't vote for Disland? Well my votes were always on people I found suspicious. I only voted around 2 people each day, you can't expect me to vote for everyone. Scum are the only ones who know who scum are, so they're the only ones who know to vote for each other (in order to avoid suspicion later). So the Disland argument doesn't work.
Silver - sorry about the vote thing. That was mostly the mod's fault, but I unvoted you straight away so don't get too depressed. Due to a miscount.

*sigh* I've just developed a right side of the brain migraine while re-reading through this game. I am very tired and feel like a failure. I failed to protect Ashford Students. *cue manly tears* My heart is wrenched.

I shall take the plunge. The scum must die. I hope Kaze will soon reappear to defend their cause.

#VOTE: Kaze

FOS: schnwtfhisname and Eviltom for the same reasons mentioned earlier, as poor and lame as they may seem to sound.
Nillie: You've consistently provided us with nothing.
Voting for someone and then stating the reason as 'scum must die', and then FOSing two other people for 'the reasons mentioned earlier'... you're not backing up anything. And you've barely provided any content all game.

##Vote: Nillie

Not only has Nillie failed to provide real analysis or make efforts towards finding scum, Nillie just pushed the train a bit further. I'd like to hear from Nillie /why/ he/she is making these points. And some analysis on all the players please. We're past the point of random votes.

I guess Kaze is also a suspect, but I'm weary of people riding trans at this almost-lylo part of the game.