Author Topic: Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Game Over  (Read 28611 times)

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Game Over
« on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:40 PM »
This post will be edited as the game continues.

Please read the rules carefully!

Flavour in following post.

Rules of the Game
-----------------
- Do not exceed the general area of 300 words on your posts. Quoting others is not included in this wordcount.
- No editing your posts.
- No talking outside the thread about the game, unless your role specifically states that you may.
- No posting during game night phases.
- No spectator posts.
- Don't directly quote your role PM. This will result in a modkill.
- Vote using ##Vote: name and ##Unvote: name (with the bold).
- Play to win.
- Inactivity and failure to post for 24 hours will result in a modkill.
- There may or may not be third parties.
- There will be no time extensions unless there is significant forum downtime.
- Days will last 48 hours.
- The game will begin with day phase.
- LYLO will not be announced.
- This is a semi-open setup. See the list of potential roles for a complete list of what you can expect.
- There are no scripted events.
- Town do not have to lynch. If no hammer is reached within the time period then there will not be a lynch.
- Role & alignment information (including sanities) will be revealed on cardflip.
- Post only under your anonymous account name. Be careful!
- Modkills will end the day instantly. However, any attempt to manipulate modkills for a gameplay advantage will result in a ruling against the interests of the player, who will then automatically lose the game.
- Characters have nothing to do with roles or alignment. Darth Vader could be town and Frodo could be mafia.
- Roleplaying is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Have fun!

Potential roles
------------------
Cop (or insane cop, but not naiive or paranoid)
Doctor (regular doctor)
Godfather
Miller

Bodyguard
Roleblocker
Retired Cop
Nurse
Vigilante
Tracker
Watcher

Still alive
-----------
2. Nimitz
3. The Terminator
7. Freeman

The ones who are dead
---------------------
4. Master Wookie (D1 lynch)
5. The White Witch (NK)
1. Mace Windu (D2 lynch)

8. Rincewind (D3 lynch)
9. Jabba (NK)
6. Gandalf (D4 lynch)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:51:44 AM by EvilTom »
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

GLaDOS

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Begin the game proper
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »
Time passed: 0 hours

The lights flicker on revealing the body of the head of the Inter-galactic Planetary Science and Dimplomacy summit, slumped up against the wall. The PA speakers crackle, and a robotic female voice addresses you all;

Hello and welcome to the Aperture Science invasion assault protocol program. In order to receive your cake, please lie down, close your eyes and cover your ears with your hands. If you do not have hands, then please ignore the screams of your colleagues as they enjoy their cake. You will soon also be eating cake, so there is no need for jealousy. If you do not have ears, then this broadcast is not intended for you. If you are currently employed in the Aperture Science invasion assault protocol program, then please disregard the above suggestions and instead begin terminating the subjects who are assuredly by now on the ground covering their ears.
Please begin!
The Enrichment Center is committed to the well being of all participants. Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

Mace Windu

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 11:37:58 PM »
I'm Samuel L. Jackson, bitch. Give me my damn cake.

Rod Serling

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:44:51 PM »
Great, wonderful! There will be cake! And I'm sure it'll be poisonous cake, or summon creatures from the dungeon dimension, or just do all around unpleasant things to me. Wonderful, just wonderful! Well let's all just have a fun and wonderful time before we're all killed by each other or monsters or Death or...

*sigh*

Gandalf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:52:43 PM »
Quite a dire situation. Quite curious directions. The board is set. The pieces are moving.

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 01:05:50 AM »
I, Jadis, have seen many worlds, and never a more pitiful attempt at murder or domination have I beheld. Let it be known to all of you at once that I am the master of all I survey, even in these peculiar surroundings. I behold only Sons of Adam and no Daughters of Eve present here, and thus there is no need to destroy you all in the name of preserving my dominion- instead, I am willing to offer that you join me, or die.

Most of you may well perish in the name of conquering all who pit themselves against me. I shall strive to avoid this, for I am running low on minions as of late (they are difficult to replace.) Perform your duties well, however, and peripheral casualties shall be kept to a minimum.

Furthermore, no cake provided here can match the delights of my own delicious treats.

#Vote: The Terminator Behind his human facade, I can sense only cold steel and an alien mind. He is too much like the other native denizens of this place. He must be destroyed.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 03:09:26 AM »
I got an email from my brother that said that aliens and monsters were attacking his place and aksed me for help so I went.

##Vote: Jabba because he are headcrab zombie

Nimitz

• Psychic Spacecat
  • Denizen
  • I see you like Suikoden!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 04:56:43 AM »
A man in a military uniform and a six legged cat in a spacesuit enter the room and take their places, oddly with the man standing at attention and the cat taking the seat.  Despite the cat looking intently at everyone, it's the man who speaks.

Greetings one and all, I am Commander Truman of the Royal Manticore Navy.  The Lady Harrington was honoured by your request that she attend this conference, however she has been detained by the encroaching Havenite threat, therefore she shall be represented by her treecat, Nimitz.  I am to act as his interpretor in these proceedings to root out the infiltrators here.

And, as we must begin by laying out claims of suspicion, it has come to the attention of our intelligence operations that the brother of Mr. Freeman has been responsible for the loss of one world in the Sol Federation through a Hadron Corridor 'accident' and has recently been spotted at another such facility.  As such, with such a questionable lineage, it is thought best to look there first.

##Vote: John Freeman
Be afraid of Psychic Cats.

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 05:04:09 AM »
I am a humanoid killing machine as the witch observes. However I have been reprogrammed to serve the other beings attending this meeting. My orders state that there are other terminator units among us who retain their original programming and who will kill the rest of you at their earliest opportunity. My orders are to stop them at all costs. Like myself these other units will look like you. The T-1000 if present can assume any shape at any time and will mimic others whenever possible in order to carry out its goal. We must observe each other carefully. We must monitor each other's behavior carefully. We must stay together and we must destroy those who show signs of malign programming. The construct known as GLaDOS manifests its intentions already.

##VOTE: GLaDOS

Although I have no name I have detailed files on human society. I have consulted these files and suggest that the name "Ahnuld" may be used to address me in order to facilitate communication.

Vote with me if you want to live.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:31:01 AM »
Time passed: 5.5 hours

<Votecount>
The Terminator (1): The White Witch
Jabba (1): Freeman
Freeman (1): Nimitz
GLaDOS (0): Terminator

GLaDOS is far too superior a NPC and may not be voted for.

5 votes are required for a majority hammer vote.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 07:43:18 AM »
What a pretty girl, dance for me White beauty, or become bantha fodder.

##Vote: The White Witch

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »
My vote for the program known as GLaDOS is withdrawn since it will not be counted.

##UNVOTE: GLaDOS

However this entity's programming resembles that of SkyNet and it should be dismantled and melted down after we have successfully eliminated the malicious terminator units.

All of us have spoken except for the shaggy being. Introductions have been made and we must now focus on rooting out the killers in our midst. The input of every attendee is required in order for us to make an accurate assessment of the situation. For the organic beings this will be evidence of their good intent and allow us to narrow our field of suspects. For the enemies hiding among us their speech will give us evidence of their true goals. Reticence is a sign of malign programming. There are three among us who did not place a vote at the time of their introductions. It is true that we have little information at this time but a random termination is better than no termination as our enemies will not hold back. The wizard Rincewind displays indecisiveness which is not conducive to our survival.

##VOTE: Rincewind

Gandalf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 04:59:29 PM »
I disagree with you, metallic man. Wanton murder may very well leave us without allies. I believe, however, that ##VOTE: Nimitz is like to be one of Sauron's Dark Forces...

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »
This machine in the form of a Son of Adam speaks simple truth. His eagerness in railing against our would-be captor (what an incredible fool; lacking in both the arts of a true temptress or strategist) does not truly speak for his favour, but only by spilling blood upon the table can victory eventuate.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Rincewind

There are three who know of the magic arts present here today, and this least competent of magi would surely have leapt at the opportunity to dispose of his betters. I concur with the machine's assessment of his personality- a shirker, to be sure, and our likely foe.

(In other words, it's day one, bandwagon someone.)

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 05:59:42 PM »
I disagree with you, metallic man. Wanton murder may very well leave us without allies. I believe, however, that ##VOTE: Nimitz is like to be one of Sauron's Dark Forces...

Justification is required. We must know the reasoning behind your vote in order to assess both yourself and the cat. Explain your suspicion of Nimitz.

Gandalf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 06:08:07 PM »
Good man, it is a cat. A cat. The Dark Lord Sauron has been known to corrupt the minds of many creatures, and it would surprise me not a bit if he'd commanded the cat to do his bidding.

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
  • Ruler of England from 1558 to 1603.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
UGGGGGHHH! RAAWR!

WOOKIE HATE WIZARD! WOOKIE EAT WIZARDS ARM!

*cough*

Gandalf needs to express his concern more clearly about Nimitz. His explaination was a bit naff...

GLaDos seems neutral, im not getting any bad vibes from him but im not exactly getting good ones either...

Rod Serling

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »
Oh sure, gang up on me. Its not like anything else ever happens. I could be half a world away, and I'm sure you all would still be blaming me for this. You're just jumping all over me because I know better than to just throw out votes on someone for no reason at all. What about people who are really just sitting back and hiding, huh? At least I put myself out here, for all that that's getting me.

##Vote: Master Wookie

Sure, go ahead and show up while I'm busy posting. I see how it is. Fine. Moving on then. *throws up his hands* Also,  GLaDOS seems neutral? Its the one that trapped us here!

Gandalf may be a fine and proper wizard, pointy hat and all, and cats may indeed be cruel viscious creatures who only put up with us until a paw-operatable can-opener is invented, but why're you still joking around when people are seriously starting to consider things at this point. Is this all a joke to you? Seriously! Lives at are stake. My life! And I'm quite attached to it!

##Vote: Gandalf

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »
##UNVOTE: Rincewind

The cowardly wizard's observation is accurate. Gandalf's argument is insubstantial. A supposition is not evidence. Furthermore my files indicate that this "Sauron" also employed a wizard to do his bidding. Should we vote based on appearance as Gandalf does then he himself should be condemned just for being what he is and this fact alone shows why his logic does not withstand scrutiny. Gandalf warrants closer observation until his statements are more rational.

##VOTE: Gandalf

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 10:12:41 PM »
*ramped off the building and does a backflip and landed.*   I will kept driving down the road and make sure there was no zombies around because I ddint have weapon.

Ahnuld is living up to his family name and being very attack and target switchy!  I like him.  But I do not know if it is good that he votes on something not in the game!

Jabba are still headcrab zombie.  Headcrab zombie must say more than one line for jokevote to come off.

Mace Windu

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 10:21:58 PM »
At first sight, It's not clear that GLADOS wasn't in the game. The game members list was certainly posted after I posted! However, even after the clarification, the wookie still makes commentary on GLADOS giving after neutral vibes, as thoroughly useless as such a comment is.

##VOTE: Master Wookie

A uselessly tentative post + whatever it's Day 1.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 02:18:25 AM »
The droid seems to be changing targets a bit, the Wookie is blind and didn't notice GLADOS isn't in the game, Pretty Girl wants a wagon even though she is on a carriage.
old man Gandalf panics and votes the cat.

Vote stays where it is, Gandalf needs to speak more sense
The Wookie needs to look closer at GLADOS and see that it's just an NPC.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 02:26:30 AM »
Time passed: 27 hours
Time remaining: 21 hours

<Votecount>
The Terminator (0): The White Witch
Jabba (1): Freeman
Freeman (1): Nimitz
The White Witch (1): Jabba
Rincewind (1): Terminator, The White Witch
Nimitz (1): Gandalf
Gandalf (2): Rincewind, Terminator
Master Wookie (1): Mace Windu

White Witch, please use the bolding when voting next time.
Edit: Sorry Gandalf, fixed now

5 votes are required for a majority hammer vote.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 02:58:00 AM by EvilTom »

Gandalf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 02:54:31 AM »
##UNVOTE: Nimitz

Though the vote wasn't counted, it wasn't a serious vote to begin with, so that's okay. Already we've lost precious time, and I am partly at fault for thinking in light humor still when time was growing dire.

I'm asked to make sense? Beg your pardon? I was under the belief we were still prodding with jokevotes for something of substance to form, good fellow wizard, good... machineman!

It's become dauntingly obvious to me that both of you have had reason to vote for me, if we believe you believe I was believing Nimitz to be of the Dark Forces with more conviction than playful humor. The lady White Witch, however, expresses she wants us to "bandwagon", and I think I shall take heed of her advice, lest this bandwagon be turned to me.

##VOTE: WhiteWitch

Lynching good wizard Rincewind (a fine wizard, undoubtedly, for he called me fine as well) only because he looks at the ditches instead of the stars? Proposing to bandwagon him because machineman jokevoted him? I find this altogether more troubling than my jokevotes, which I find not troubling at all.

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 04:17:09 AM »
Indiscriminant lynching is better than no lynching at all, as the machine pointed out. Furthermore, only via targeted effort can more results be gained. I require an explanation from Gandalf as to why an early bandwagon is a disagreeable course of action- it forces the hands of all who participate, demands their attention, and brings the reality of our situation to the fore. Far better, I say, than puttering about, casting aspersions on all willy-nilly!

The disgusting slug has also raised my ire. He votes for me based on his own disgusting whims- a joke, to be sure- and yet, despite identifying the lack of sense on Gandalf's words, he retains his position? I require a better explanation, if there is one to be had at all.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Jabba, for his words are sparser than they greybeards, and lack a spirit of inquiry. He appears more comfortable merely commenting on the state of play than passing his own judgement.