Register

Author Topic: Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Game Over  (Read 28621 times)

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Begin the game proper
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 04:37:49 AM »
Time passed: 29 hours
Time remaining: 19 hours

<Votecount>
The Terminator (0): The White Witch
Jabba (2): Freeman, The White Witch
Freeman (1): Nimitz
The White Witch (2): Jabba, Gandalf
Rincewind (0): Terminator, The White Witch
Nimitz (0): Gandalf
Gandalf (2): Rincewind, Terminator
Master Wookie (1): Mace Windu

5 votes are required for a majority hammer vote.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 04:44:21 AM »
Quite simple reasoning really, the early bandwagon is why the vote is still there.

Compared to:
Gandalf - Carrying joke vote to far.
Wookie - Not paying enough attention to notice GLADOS is an NPC.
Terminator - Trigger happiness (this one barely even worth considering 2 of them were joke votes).

Day 1 there's not much to go on, however encouraging a random bandwagon for no reason other than the sake of bandwagoning?
Thats easily the more suspicious of the 4.

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49:54 AM »
Quote from: Jabba
Day 1 there's not much to go on, however encouraging a random bandwagon for no reason other than the sake of bandwagoning?

Why?

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 05:33:38 AM »
Agreeing with White Witch.  On day 1 we are late and have to drive and bandwagon someone really fast.
Symbolic transformation of jokevote to real vote on Jabba here.

Mace Windu

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 06:58:21 AM »
I think that Jabba simply wants our decisions to be guided properly. I don't think it is unfair to question the practice of simply forming a lynch mob, although Master John has a point; the end of the day is nigh, and many of us have very little to say. The quietness chills me to the bone.

Until the Wookie makes his presence more readily available, I will have to stick with my initial assessment of his inattentiveness being an issue.

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 08:24:29 AM »
The slug did not actually question this decision so much as cast aspersions on it and label it 'suspicious'- a difficult charge to respond to, given the lack of specifics. Forming a lynch mob early on is a practical decision, one engineered to force discussion to become topical rather than comedic.

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
  • Ruler of England from 1558 to 1603.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »
Okay, down to buisness.

Jabba looks Mainly neutral as in, he does not wish for a lynch mob to occur,

White Witch seems to be trying to form a lynch mob, however she seems to be doing this purely in towns interest.

Me: Did not realise GLaDOs was an NPC  :-[

Gandalf: Voting indiscrimatly. That is the reason for this:

##VOTE: GANDALF

UGGHH! RAAAAWR! WOOKIE EAT WIZARD!

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 10:45:52 AM »
Quote from: Jabba

Why?

Okay more specific, you chose Rincewind as a bandwagon target with no reasoning at all behind it.
Even a minor bit of reasoning as to why he should be the bandwagon target would be understandable.
Grasping at straws is better than just picking one randomly, its not only that you started a bandwagon its that you picked the target from what seems to be complete random and no reasoning at all.
You then say it was an attempt to throw the game into serious mode, i can understand, the hunt needs to get underway, but to do this within the first 6 hours of the game before everyone has even checked in?
This is why i label it all with suspicion.

In essence your "serious" vote had no reasoning at all behind it about why you picked the target, voting for someone without reasoning at all shouldn't happen during "serious" play, which is supposedly what you were trying to bring about.

As for others.....
Wookie needs to talk more, as does Nimitz.

Scratch that i see Wookie has posted, Nimitz would be good to hear from now.

Gandalf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 11:23:08 AM »
Master Wookie, I will have to question your arguments.

White Witch seems to be trying to form a lynch mob, however she seems to be doing this purely in towns interest.

I'd like to know your reasoning on why sudden and random bandwagoning based off of a jokevote is something that is purely in the interest of the town. Whether or not the lady White Witch aim'd to lynch here is not of issue, but the action stands that she called for a bandwagon and prodded one on to Rincewind with little reasoning.

And do you truly intend to push my jokevote as "indiscrimatly voting" and attempt to lynch me for it? Making a jokevote right after someone else's jokevote certainly didn't seem as something truly terrible to me.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »
Time passed: 36 hours
Time remaining: 12 hours

<Votecount>
The White Witch (2): Jabba, Gandalf
Gandalf (3): Rincewind, Terminator, Master Wookie

**Note: Nimitz has been absent for 30 hours. He will be modkilled at the end of the day unless he posts soon.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:26:25 PM by EvilTom »

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 12:20:38 PM »
A mod car was hiden near by so when John Freeman went by the mods came and wanted to give him a ticket and modkill someone for inactivity ending the day. Here John Freeman saw the first monster because the mod was posessed and had headcrabs.

John Freeman does not like the day ending with no lynch!  John Freeman believes any lynch is better than none.  John Freeman is wonder where people are.  John Freeman goes by and gets a resistance feeling from Gandalf and would prefer other trains, but John Freeman feels time pressure.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 12:25:42 PM »
Ok, reconsidered.
Nimitz will be modkilled at the end of today, unless he posts. This has no impact on the regular hammer. That is to say that his modkill will not end the day (as it is an inactivity modkill, not a rule-breakig modkill).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:00:33 PM by EvilTom »

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 01:21:45 PM »
Gandalf, apologies I got a bit confised during my post  :-\

*sigh* Typing morning posts sucks.

##UNVOTE: GANDALF

##VOTE: White Witch

That is for the reasons i voted for Gandalf :-/

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 01:40:43 PM »
Time passed: 38 hours
Time remaining: 10 hours

<Votecount>
The White Witch (3): Jabba, Gandalf, Master Wookie
Gandalf (2): Rincewind, Terminator, Master Wookie

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 02:09:56 PM »
The wookie's really are little more than beasts, First he votes for an NPC, then votes for Gandalf when it should have been the witch?.

*deleted unimportant parts from the post*

Gandalf: Voting indiscrimatly. That is the reason for this:

If the vote was for the witch then why did you mention it separately as Gandalf?
You bring up both the witch and Gandalf in the same post, also you defend the witch and then supposedly intend to vote for her?

##Unvote: Witch
##Vote: Wookie

I dislike leaving a train this late in the day, however Wookie is either very inattentive or flat out lying.
We are coming close to the end of the day now 8 or so hours to go, town is being too quiet and more posting is needed from everyone.

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2008, 02:53:21 PM »
The witch's reasoning is sound. I do not support votes for her based on "arbitrary bandwagoning." If her intent was to immediately kill the target of her "bandwagon" then the criticism of Jabba would be warranted but I see no indication that this was the case. She wished to motivate discussion and her actions accomplished this.

I must also address another point raised by Jabba which states that I am trigger happy. There are numerous suspects and only by interacting with many of them can we gather the information needed for a productive lynch. When I switch targets I do so to acquire new information. I do not operate haphazardly.

However much I disagree with Jabba's arguments he is actively engaged in dialogue and disagreement alone is not cause for suspicion. Others in this group talk and say little at the same time. It is these individuals which I feel are suspicious. I will now provide examples of this.

Wookie: Demonstrates inattentiveness and provides little justification for his votes. Furthermore he praises the witch for "forming a lynch mob in town's interest" without providing a reason to suspect she works in town's interest and then votes for her in his next statement with little reason given. This entity's stance is inconsistent at best and he may be the T-1000 in disguise. I will unvote Gandalf as his recent contributions are satisfactory and instead vote for the wookie.

##UNVOTE: Gandalf
##VOTE: Master Wookie

Mace Windu also says little during his posts and may be maintaining a presence in this discussion only as a formality. Although you cannot see my eyes behind my sunglasses rest assured that they are trained on him.

The time is past due for Nimitz and Rincewind to comment on the current suspects.

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »
A random bandwagon doesn't need to have an initial impetus beyond the need to get things going, as it does. I don't see any real reason why I should have waited for everyone to 'check in' (i.e. post a pointless statement) before trying to move things in a productive direction. Any reason beyond this that I concocted would likely be trivial, if not fallacious.

In any case, the slug has at least redeemed himself through his demonstrated will to converse. ##Unvote

The only certainty I have of Master Wookie is that he lacks the ability to articulate himself.

Quote from: Gandalf
Whether or not the lady White Witch aim'd to lynch here is not of issue, but the action stands that she called for a bandwagon and prodded one on to Rincewind with little reasoning.

What possible purpose could pushing an early bandwagon have beyond engendering conversation? Why is this action deemed suspicious, and remains so now at this late stage? I will say this- it is unreasonable for someone to truly expect a lynch from nothing, and so early. I did not. Thus I invite you to detail the potential maliciousness inherent to this action. ##Vote: Gandalf

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
Okay, Let me have a few hours, clear my head then ill set right what im doing...

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 05:57:07 PM »
Time passed: 42.5 hours
Time remaining: 5.5 hours

<Votecount>
Jabba (1): Freeman, The White Witch
The White Witch (2): Jabba, Gandalf, Master Wookie
Gandalf (2): Rincewind, Terminator, Master Wookie, The White Witch
Master Wookie (3): Mace Windu, Jabba, The Terminator,

If time limit is reached without majority vote, there will be no-lynch.

Nimitz

• Psychic Spacecat
  • Denizen
  • I see you like Suikoden!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2008, 06:06:48 PM »
Sorry for the absence, pressing events occurred which necessitated an inability to post upon the internet.  I shall now endeavour to catch up and participate once more in the discussion.
Be afraid of Psychic Cats.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2008, 06:28:52 PM »
Good to have you back in the game, in the nick of time.

Note to all: I'm going to bed now. No update to the voting tally, but:

Please note, the day ends at 8.30am +10 GMT (Aussie time) (in 5 hours from now).
I'll allow a 15 minute error margin, but any posts after 8:45 am will be absolutely ignored.

So please get your hammer in before that time if you wish to lynch.

If you have a night action, please send it in as soon as reasonably practicable.

PS. I've corrected my forum profile's local time, it is now correct. So if you're still confused, you can always check my profile to see what my local time is. Hint: it is currently 3:30am. Yay for last minute essays.

Edit for PPS: if you're bored, feel free to PM me who you think is who at the end of each day. At the end of the game I'll do some statistics like at the end of the previous anonymafia game.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:30:51 PM by EvilTom »

Nimitz

• Psychic Spacecat
  • Denizen
  • I see you like Suikoden!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2008, 06:42:23 PM »
Due to the limited time remaining before the upcoming battle, we must make our decisions now.  Sadly, this does mean that our choices are now limited to a scant three who have already managed to gain suspicion as Havenite agents.

##Unvote: Freeman

Despite his quirks of speech and the fact that he also feels somewhat light on content despite a minor presence today, he is not a major concern at present Re: Havenite threat.  As such, our vote for his expulsion is revoked.

For those who do merit consideration:

The White Witch: Her suggestions, though cruel, are practical.  Forced reactions provoke the true feelings of those so hunted.  Her hunt has the markings of an allied advance, and so we support her efforts.

Gandalf: This so called magician (our R&D WILL crack his technology) has been consistently argueing the opposite of the Witch.  He supports his points well, but his points are counterproductive, which makes good argumentation more dangerous than not.  Especially when his core point that the Witch is aiming carelessly has been proven false by her targeted sorties.

Master Wookie: Though his presence has been inconsistant, he seems more to be a safe choice derived to cull the worst of the less-present members of our council, rather than taking a risk on one of the more able members of this caucus.

After consulting with Navy Intelligence, we believe our best recourse is to follow this Gandalf fellow, as constant and continued argumentation against our best interests must always take priority over mere absent-mindedness.

##Vote: Gandalf
Be afraid of Psychic Cats.

Gandalf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2008, 07:01:10 PM »
Sadly, this does mean that our choices are now limited to a scant three who have already managed to gain suspicion as Havenite agents.

If we suppose that you are supposing what you suppose without your supposition being affected by the Dark Lord Sauron, then who do you suppose are suspicious other than myself? I see you speak praise of the lady White Witch, and find your stance on the Master Wookie as confusing as the Master Wookie's set of logic.

Which I would like to remark on, if you'll let me. Though thankful he's directed his aims elsewhere, I find the Master Wookie disconcerting. The Wookies, certainly a mysterious race, appear to hold to a logic that is unwordly. My attempts to unground their logic has proven itself futile, and I find this dangerous.

Though we have all striven towards lifting the fog of confusion that's set itself upon us, the Wookie has yet to do so, though he's promised he will. I will grant him that time, as quick and rash action will play only into Sauron's plans, but will vote on him if time grows even more dire than it has so now.

Rod Serling

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »
Oh dear, oh dear. I think I see Death here...

At this point, I find the actions of Master Wookie more distressing than those of Gandalf. Gandalf properly shifted away once it was made clear that we were not joking around (although why he'd think we were in the first place still bothers me). Furthermore, while his concerns about the White Witch are misgiven (something does need to happen to make the day start), I can certainly understand why he would initially attribute that as negative attack.

Master Wookie, on the other hand, appears not to be even involved in the same effort as all of us. He's not paying attention to who is actually involved in the affair and he's voting for one person but meaning another. I don't like this. Not at all, not at all. Add in that he's now dangled out a correction to all his actions at a later point when we're nearly out of time... that just doesn't sound good to me at all.

##Unvote: Gandalf
##Vote: Master Wookie

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »
My suspicion of the wookie nears total confirmation. When pressed by three voters his response is flight and an assurance that he will return in a few hours. The useless nature of this statement is made apparent by the scant number of hours remaining in the day when the wookie made this claim. Furthermore if he truly is innocent then he is obliged to defend himself as this would prevent us from wasting time waiting for him. The day is nearing an end and we cannot afford to wait for someone who in all probability is stalling and hoping that the day will end without a lynch. I recommend that we monitor the time closely and terminate the wookie if he does not respond within a reasonable amount of time before the deadline.