Register

Author Topic: IMPORTANT UPDATE: IRC Room  (Read 20094 times)

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE: IRC Room
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2009, 11:11:50 PM »
The laptop is not working, going through 6667 it says the connection is being refused~

EDIT: Mibbit is the solution to all of life's problems, if my only problem was that
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 11:47:09 PM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Stelas

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
Sup.

This is your friendly local IRC admin here - if you've got troubles accessing the IRC server or other problems or have been banned without knowing why (likely due to a false positive from our proxybot) you can PM this account to get me direct as an alternative to leaping madly in all directions.

Ta.

Stelas

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
Eldrasia, Lunarnet's main Services server, is dead after a brace of power cuts. Looks like it'll need parts, so for now it's down - if you're having trouble getting online, try connecting specifically to obsidian.lunarnet.org, rpgcafe.lunarnet.org or eraniss.lunarnet.org. This also means that Services will be dead for a while, probably until Monday afternoon.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2010, 09:50:38 PM »
Haven't been able to get onto the DL mirc channel for quite some time now. No idea how to fix it. help?
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2010, 09:54:16 PM »
Get on AIM and I'll see what's wrong
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

arva12

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
I'm not able to get into the IRC channel at all (I'm the only person in the room) and I was wondering why.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 12:50:39 AM »
Sounds like you are on the wrong server maybe?  Make sure you have the server set to irc.lunarnet.org
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »
IRC has been being a dick lately. It keeps auto-closing on me whenever I open it. I either Exit or Register. This is the second time its done it and to my knowledge, it shouldn't do that.

Any idea what's going on/how to fix it?
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Bardiche

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2011, 08:01:01 PM »
It did that for me, too. Refused to permit me to use it.

I just went and got the registered version.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2011, 08:06:22 PM »
You can use Mibbit as a short term fix. I've never had that problem with the version I've used. (The register or exit). CT said she was having issues there as well.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »
Is the lunarnet server down?
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2011, 06:21:35 AM »
Why does it seem every time I try to log onto this thing it has been deleted from my computer. Heh. Someone just does not want me talking to you clowns.

Also, where in the hell is lunarnet? It's not on the server list.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2011, 06:28:09 AM »
It's not a large enough channel to be on the list.  Just add it in (irc.lunarnet.org)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 01:01:26 AM »
SHOULD ONLY APPLY TO TODAY (hopefully): Lunarnet's in the middle of a botnet attack and the channel has been set to invite only. If you're unable to join #rpgdl, /msg Yukari-sama and I'll toss an invite.
- Have you ever contemplated suicide?
 - Frequently. But only for others.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »
Mibbit banned from the DL channel or something? Tried joining a minute ago and no luck. :/

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »
Should be good now. Message me or Hal or Sage or Dune (One of us will be around) if that comes up again.
-------------------

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 09:41:58 PM »
Having issues connecting to miRC - Unable to connect to server (Permission denied) Fiddled around with fiddly stuff on my computer to see if I could somehow puzzle it out/fix it/find out if it was something on my end but no luck so far~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2011, 12:36:02 AM »
RULES UPDATE: The NSFW chatter in the main channel's been getting increasingly out of hand lately, so setting this down.

Please keep graphic sexual content out of the main channel going forward. Innuendo will generally be okay, but if it's getting into descriptions of body parts or things done with them it's not a good call. Feel free to knock yourselves out in PM or set up a separate channel for it if you really want to keep going with it, but with an increasing number of DLers coming into chat from work it's something that should probably be curtailed to cause them (including myself) less of a hassle with their employers.

Given that we've got folks worldwide as well, and variable work hours, there's no kind of time limitation on this; consider this to be in effect 24 hours a day.
- Have you ever contemplated suicide?
 - Frequently. But only for others.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2011, 01:28:34 AM »
And fuck that noise.  I'll still be in IRC on other channels but in that case I'm done with #RPGDL.

Oh no I can't be in IRC at work.  /r/firstworldproblem harder bro.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2011, 03:11:45 AM »
I'm honestly of two minds with this, but I do think it's an overreaction. Originally I was just sort of meh about it despite not liking it, but it's just not sat well with me. The following post was a bit hard to make because outside some limited but VERY, VERY obvious examples, it's hard to tell what topics and conversations contributed to this and what didn't.

Said extreme examples of this needed to be handled. Zenny, looking at you here as one of them. It does generally take one person to ruin things for everyone, and you've been getting worse and worse about things lately. People have been trying to tell you to cool it but you generally ignored them.

And yeah, we don't need more Mermaid chats or the like.

Seriously though? Regular ol' sex talk is normal and healthy. Sure, we do sometimes veer off into stupid/inappropriate territory, but we're fucking adults now. Sorry if some people are uptight about certain topics but goddamn sometimes people just wanna talk about that stuff. Sometimes the outlet is fun and while it can be juvenile I think we're all mature enough to realize that side is still/will always be a part of us. Like I said before though, I probably might be misunderstanding which conversations led to this, but that should still be said.

And really? Because people log onto IRC from work? Thats a terrible justification for this. It doesn't sit well with me at all for similar reasons to Zenny. If you're gonna log onto IRC from work, you're assuming the risks. I'm not curtailing my behavior just because other people decide to distract themselves at work, and I don't care how dickish that sounds. Sure, some people honestly deserve it (and it's not like I never slacked off at work on the internet either), but I just can't support it as a valid reasoning from a professional or a personal standpoint.

Most of the time you can even still get most of us to stop by telling us to. There's no need for the standing rule, even if some people have gone overboard in the past.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2011, 03:28:01 AM »
Seconding everything Soppy said.  There's massive cognitive dissonance with this policy.  It targets some of the least mature chatters, yes... but also some of the most mature chatters.  Soppy, Jim, Idun and Grefter are problems now?  I don't think so.  The chatting from work excuse is disingenuous and makes the whole thing come off as a matter of personal distaste for the subject - and if we're going there, I'd rather ban, say, Meeple's chat than Zenny's.  (With no offense intended to either of them, as the point is I don't want to ban either.)

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2011, 04:33:59 AM »
Since this is a public discussion now I have half a mind to copy and paste the PM I sent Hal while drunk and pissed off last night but I don't think that's really necessary.  Mostly because it was a lot of telling Hal he's being a cunt.  I will, however, post the points where I was a bit more salient in my points.

Look, when you're at work you have a 100% valid reason to tell me to cut my shit and I'll gladly follow along with that.  I'm willing to compromise on that.  But you know what?  What, pray tell, aside from offending your virgin ears, is the problem with making these jokes while you're not at work? Oh no, somebody said something offensive on the internet.  Alter the fuckin' media.  And I hope you realize that "not being able to be in IRC while at work" counts as a major #firstworldproblem.

Frankly, it's well within your rights to b& me from #RPGDL by the very fact that you're the admin.  And frankly, I'm mostly only there to talk to a handful of people anyway.  And the fraction of those that don't already hang out in other chatrooms is small, so it's not like I couldn't PM them to tell them to join some room as well if I do get banned in the end.  I'll let you have your power trip at the cost of... well, not being able to argue with Sage's moronic opinions when I'm feeling like really venting.  Or not having to set Meeple on ignore every time I log back in.

Oh noes.

**snip snip angry angry mostly irrelevant snip**

And if you're going to make these "all the time" rules, you'd best start reviewing chat logs nightly and reprimand the offenders who made a joke about fucking your mom at three in the morning.

So that's why I think you're being a Meeple-level retard, and now here's why I don't really care if you ban me or not.  I'm now in a situation where I need to monitor what I say 100% of the time when I'm in public, and frankly I'm not about spend my relaxation time doing the exact same fucking thing.  You're the admin, so you don't have to put up with my bullshit.  And frankly, I don't want to put up with your *LANGUAGE YOUNG LADY* bullshit either if that's the way things are going to be run from now on.  So fucking ban me, bro. //mode #rpgdl +b *.*@210.235.176.196.  And when you do so, inform the other Ops to not unban me because otherwise I'll come back in and start talking about Trance's dick again.

Oh no.

Think of the fucking children.

I've never thought you being offended at something is a good reason for me to shut up, especially on the internet, so I'm not about to fucking start now.  Frankly the whole at-work thing is one of the more valid points on the other end of it.  Hal's done a lot for us and for that yeah sure I'll let him browse IRC at work without risking getting in trouble because I talk about Laggy taking Trance's legs and *SUGGESTIVE THEMES* while they spin *THINK OF THE CHILDREN* France *Ooh la la* etc etc you get the idea.  But if you want to make #RPGDL a goddamn nanny state when we're all a bunch of grown fucking adults then I don't want to be there and you clearly don't want me there.

... Just like Trance's dick. 8-)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:35:54 AM by Makkotah »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2011, 07:03:16 AM »
Seconding Sopko, Alex and the less ranty parts of Zenny.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
Everybody hates the dude who's all pretending to be the compromise-broker but is just saying "can't we all get along, guys!"  But yeah, that, and what Sopko and Alex said.  (And ninja Andrew.)

I say this as somebody who was disturbed by Zenny's behavior when I first joined #rpgdl, and thought he was an Internet lunatic to be avoided at first...  and I still think that Zenny does sometimes go too far, so as Sopko notes, telling Zenny to scale it back is A-OK by me.  And I'm glad that somebody is watching over chat and is willing to act decisively - lots of people get uncomfortable about certain conversations but don't feel they can broach the subject, so Hal doing that is appreciated.   Seriously, I'm uncomfortable with random dicks comments too.  However, US late nights?  That should be fine to have some salty talk, within limits.  And furthermore, it's *Zenny* salty talk.  Intent matters too - genuine creeps should be banned quickly, but that's not the case here.  Zenny, loath as he is to reveal it, is actually a harmless gentle soul who probably writes pretentious literary theory treatises while shyly sitting in the corner of the bar and trying to work up the courage to glance at the girl two tables away; I'd be far more offended/worried by sex talk from someone who was being either creepy or immature.  The difference isn't something that is easily made a rule, alas, as Alex notes...

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 08:02:42 AM »
On that note (Snow's post), while the DL has come a long way since our formative years in terms of content, we've always had a reasonable level of what was considered appropriate inappropriate behavior. It wouldn't be the DL without it.

We've all agreed here that there's some stuff we need to try and cut out, but cutting it all out is just overkill, especially when... I'm not even quite sure of the level of the conversation this covers. While I can appreciate that some people are uncomfortable with certain subjects, for god's sake, I really hope the conversations where we actually DO talk about normal, human sexuality aren't included in the ban.

For the comedy aspect, Grefter mentioned in a conversation before that boundaries to work around improve comedy. There's something to be said about this (Look at what it did for Clerks: The Animated Series!) but we're just... not and should never be that kind of group that requires that. For god's sake, the ignore button exists for a reason, and if you are uncomfortable with the conversation, don't read/don't participate. I realize maybe some people shouldn't be forced to put up with that, but it cuts both ways with forcing people to limit their content. In both cases you can have a group spoiling it for a few, or a few spoiling it for the group.