imageRegister

Author Topic: Season 46 rankings- Final Fantasy 3 and Persona 3  (Read 5695 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Season 46 rankings- Final Fantasy 3 and Persona 3
« on: October 17, 2008, 05:16:47 AM »
Well, this is it. Time to rank the DL's newest entrants Light, Middle, Heavy, or Godlike. See previous topics for details; ask any questions if needed.

Feel free to assign DNR (Do Not Rank) if you don't think someone should be ranked from a particular game.

Voting closes on Thursday, July 31, at the same time that the DL itself does (9:00 Pacific).

Ranking values:

Godlike = 5.0
Low Godlike = 4.75
Heavy/Godlike = 4.5
High Heavy = 4.25
Heavy = 4.0
Middle/Heavy (or Low Heavy) = 3.75
High Middle = 3.5
Middle = 3.25
Light/Middle (or Low Middle) = 3.0
High Light = 2.75
Light = 2.5
Low Light = 2.0
Puny/Light = 1.5
Puny = 1.0

Final Fantasy 3

FF3 Cloud of Darkness

Persona 3: The Journey

P3 Aigis
P3 Akihiko Sanada
P3 Chidori Yoshino
P3 Jin Shirato
P3 Junpei Iori
P3 Ken Amada
P3 Koromaru
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki
P3 Takaya Sakaki
P3 Yukari Takeba

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Re: Season 46 rankings- Final Fantasy 3 and Persona 3
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:17:42 AM »
FF3 Cloud of Darkness - 4.80 - Ok, so now that I've seen the DS form, I can vote on a Godlike form >_>  Double-acts great damage along with the two tentacles for support skills (Haste, Protect), damage (more physical fun), or status (Bad Breath).  Durability is shit, and magic damage is not good, but...definitely in the Godlike range.  Also has one of the sexiest bitch slaps ever seen in a video game.

P3 Aigis - 3.69 - Ok, voting on Journey form.  Weak to Lightning suck balls.  However, the rest of everything else is good.  She can full heal, stat mod, and has Orgia Mode for finisher fun.  Granted, purely physical, and accuracy could use work, but...everything else is good.  Just hates the affinities.
P3 Akihiko Sanada - 3.51 - Hates the weakness.  But that's common here.  Like Aigis, lots of healing, stat mods, and better damage (but no Orgia Mode).  Durability is worse, though.  However, he can get one of the few weapons with a set effect: 20% infliction of poison, which is 20% MHP damage.  So he has a stalling game too.  Worse than Aigis, but good.
P3 Chidori Yoshino - 2.01 - DURABILITY OF THE GODS.  But if you miss the kill, she immunes physicals forever.  And can regen that damage back while still retaining the physical shield.  Also has a good skillset otherwise, though damage and durability are still shitastic.
P3 Jin Shirato - 3.81 - Excellent durability.  No damage, and the status takes forever to kick in.  But...he's still effective.  Just cannot kill...ever.  The durability means status will hit eventually, though.  Could very well be lower.
P3 Junpei Iori - 3.69 - Think he's nice.  High Counter from the additional testing I've done is kicking in around 40-50%, so he still has the physical wall madness with some regen.  Even if it's only 1/3, that's still a great skill.  Great resistance with one of the better weaknesses.  Damage is...ok, but eats his HP.   
P3 Ken Amada - 3.71 - A bit better than the other borderliners.  Has healing, damage is average or so, and has good ID.  Good resistance with a great (probably the best) weakness of the bunch.  Durability is not the best, but could be worse. 
P3 Koromaru - 3.22 - Fire damage!  And some ID.  Good durability and some evasion, though!  But wants to make use of Fes, with the better ID and Sukukaja.  Still, not awful, but...really a jeigan overall.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - 3.63 - Hates the weakness.  Again.  Otherwise has damage (can pump it about 20 points as well) with Mind Charge, SP restoration, and healing.  And a...weird status attack!  But hates the weakness, and has not the greatest durability.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - 3.71 - Temp might be the best of the PCs?  Regen with High Counter, no weaknesses, good damage, good durability.  Need to grab the temp version, but it should be very similar.  He's got no severe downfalls, outside of being entirely physical.  Oh, and Power Charge.  That's nice.
P3 Takaya Sakaki - 4.56 - Excellent durability, great damage (if elemental).  Also has Mind Charge and ID if needed.  Otherwise really straightforward.
P3 Yukari Takeba - 2.60 - Just...borderliner.  Healing and lots of it...but fuck.  Durability is not good, and her weakness is sucktastic.  Damage is also not great either.  Still, she can last a bit, so...

Stuff to add this week - I have updates to the topic I'm going to add probably tomorrow.  Yay, and such.   
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:44:25 PM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:18:54 AM »
Cloud of Darkness - Godlike.

Well that was easy. Anyway, 100% status + OHKO damage + over 2PCHP.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 04:14:39 AM »

P3 Aigis - High Middle
P3 Akihiko Sanada - Middle
P3 Chidori Yoshino - Light (Draw Camus plz)
P3 Jin Shirato - High Middle
P3 Junpei Iori - Middle
P3 Ken Amada - High Middle
P3 Koromaru - Middle
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - Middle
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - High Middle
P3 Takaya Sakaki - Uh...Low Heavy?
P3 Yukari Takeba - High Light
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 04:29:29 AM »
P3 Aigis- 3.5.
P3 Akihiko Sanada- 3.25. Weakness isn't too horrid, but he'd still just a be a slightly above average Middle without it. His debuffs kind of blow.
P3 Chidori Yoshino- 2.5.
P3 Jin Shirato- 3.25. Lives on 3 turn Charm. Blar, go away.
P3 Junpei Iori- 3.2. Wind weakness might be damn worth fire nulling, and two damage types/regen/good durability all make a low Middle slugger.
P3 Ken Amada- 3.5. Solid overall package without being great at anything.
P3 Koromaru- 3.2.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo- 3.35. Weakness is horrid, and keeps her from being a high profile Middle, I think.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki- 3.5. No weakness=awesome. Also awesome is regen/Phys Charge.
P3 Takaya Sakaki- 3.5. Durability is okay, but...borderline 3HKO off average speed doesn't feel Heavy worthy at all.
P3 Yukari Takeba- 2.85. Durability hurts and such.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:24:34 PM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 04:42:07 AM »
Cloud of Darkness: Godlike.

...yeah, see Elfboy really.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 05:06:40 AM »
Cloud of Darkness - Godlike

*yawn*

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 06:45:18 AM »

P3 Aigis - 3.5
P3 Akihiko Sanada - 3.2
P3 Chidori Yoshino - 2.0
P3 Jin Shirato - 3.2
P3 Junpei Iori - 3.5
P3 Ken Amada - 3.45
P3 Koromaru - 3.4
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - 3.3
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - 3.65
P3 Takaya Sakaki - 3.75
P3 Yukari Takeba - 2.8
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Pyro

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 05:18:07 PM »
We still need to get the cast's status weapons and stat-boosting weapon options.

P3 Aigis- High Middle. Durability and lots of full healing are cool. So is Orgia mode (We should test evade in that, by the way). Losing to anyone with thunder damage is not cool.
P3 Akihiko Sanada- Middle. Ice/water/whatever is common enough to make that weakness matter, and he's not horribly impressive otherwise.
P3 Chidori Yoshino- Light. Is awesome! And by awesome I mean hilarious.
P3 Jin Shirato- Abstain.
P3 Junpei Iori- Middle. Just all-around decent. Wind is less common as an option than fire is as a primary attack, I think. SO rare case of the system working for a dueler.
P3 Ken Amada- High Middle. Just solid. Healing, status at lowish odds...
P3 Koromaru- Middle. Like Ken but without healing.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo- Middle. I'm tempted to say Low middle because fire is obnoxiously common. Other than that lots of healing and damage that doesn't suck, certainly. Still not sure what to think of Minato damage.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki- Middle. Seems pretty cookie-cutter for a physical slugger.
P3 Takaya Sakaki- Not sure.
P3 Yukari Takeba- Light. Frail, but lots of healing. Thunder is also pretty common.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 05:25:45 PM »
There are...about 3 available storebought weapons that have set qualities (i.e., aren't randomized) that I know of.  One is a one-handed sword (Mitsuru/Minato) with +3 MAG.  Another is a knuckle (Akihiko/Minato) that has the poison effect.  The last is...I believe a bow with +3 LUK?  I'd have to look again to be sure.

Alternatively, it's easy to reset to get what you want, but don't think people are going to allow that
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Lady Ashe

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »
They seem happy to allow perfect skill inheritance, so I don't see why not.

P3 Aigis - High middle.
P3 Akihiko Sanada - High middle.
P3 Chidori Yoshino - Light.
P3 Jin Shirato - Heavy.
P3 Junpei Iori - Low middle.
P3 Ken Amada - High middle.
P3 Koromaru - Middle.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - High middle.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - Low heavy.
P3 Takaya Sakaki - Heavy.
P3 Yukari Takeba - High light.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 12:07:33 AM by Lady Ashe »

Pyro

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 05:51:37 PM »
Skill inheritance is pressing two buttons.

Getting randomized equip bonuses is buying, reloading, buying, reloading, buying, reloading, buying...

You get the picture?

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »
We still need to get the cast's status weapons and stat-boosting weapon options.

Blar, I do have some notes for these, just the the status rates for pretty bad, so they really don't add much.
...into the nightfall.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »
Final Fantasy 3

FF3 Cloud of Darkness - Godlike

P3 Aigis - DNR Godlike
P3 Akihiko Sanada - Middle
P3 Chidori Yoshino - Light
P3 Jin Shirato - Middle
P3 Junpei Iori - Middle
P3 Ken Amada - Middle
P3 Koromaru - Low Middle
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - Middle
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - Middle
P3 Takaya Sakaki - Middle/Heavy
P3 Yukari Takeba - Low Middle

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »
I'm not going to match up with a lot of people with the P3 rankings, but I'm more inclined to rank them where I would expect them to be without the huge weakness problem, as they'll tear up the wrong division if they don't get spoiled.

P3 Aigis - Low Heavy.  Durable, has buffs, full healing.  Damage is meh but will get turns when not spoiled by lightning.  Status bait.
P3 Akihiko Sanada - Low Heavy.  See Aigis, little less durable, more damage, similar weakness.  Also status bait.
P3 Chidori Yoshino - Light, horribly frail.  One-rounded in game without really trying.
P3 Jin Shirato - Uh... probably heavy?  Durability and (crappy) status save him, I guess.
P3 Junpei Iori - Abstaining due to benching him the instant I got Koromaru and never using him again.
P3 Ken Amada - Middle.  Better weakness than most of the cast, but durability is bad, damage is mediocre, and too easily heal-locked.  ID puts him this high.
P3 Koromaru - Middle.  Good weakness, but no healing and so-so damage.  Evasion is nice but even in game he doesn't do it often enough to really matter.  ID, though.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - Middle.  Weakness is brutal, really common element, so even I can't ignore it.  Also not quite as durable as Aigis/Aki.  Mind Charge screws with limit fighters pretty well, at least.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - High middle.  Good slugfester but no tricks.  At least he doesn't have a weakness, but he doesn't have any strengths either.
P3 Takaya Sakaki - Heavy.  Mind Charge, multiple elements of damage, and Almighty damage when all else fails.  Wishes the damage was better, I guess, but at least it's hard to wall him.  Also ID.
P3 Yukari Takeba - Light.  Too frail to use the healing to her advantage.  Also wishes she got boosts for her wind damage, her damage is pretty damn bad.

Will look these over when I get home, tossing them together fast on lunch so I don't forget. <_<
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:48:57 PM by Yakumo »

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »
P3 Aigis - 3.40.  Lightning weakness is a bitch, as is her physical reliance and inability to break average without burning HP.  However, her defenses are high, HP above average, and she has 13 shots of full healing, alongside buffs and a dispel.  And Orgia Mode is a free action, if she really needs a push in damage.  Also hype piercing immunity.
P3 Akihiko Sanada - 3.60.  Generally well-rounded, really, but with some Lightning damage that nearly misses a 2HKO.  Also has debuffs and tons of SP for full healing.  Hates the Ice weakness, though.
P3 Chidori Yoshino - 1.82.  This durability is an eyesore, and she barely lives through the first round in-game.  If she somehow lives to get below 50% HP, though, she can frustrate physical types.  Also, spoils Augst.  Always hilarious.
P3 Jin Shirato - 3.55.  He's got solid durability and obscene variety, I'll give him that.  His damage is not that good, however, and his status hitrate is laughable at best.  Gets better once down half, but that's a big-ass limit.
P3 Junpei Iori - 3.02.  Above-average defenses, with High-Counter and regen, but he misses a 3HKO with his physical, and his magic is even worse.  He has to rely on Marakukaja to handle blitzers.  He might not have to cover his weakness as often, though.
P3 Ken Amada - 3.69.  He really strikes me as a worse Akihiko with good ID, really.  Lacks ice weakness, but also can't go over a 3HKO.  Hamaon is good, though, pending interpretations.  PC-killer alongside Koromaru.  Dislikes ID-immune types, though he can fight them thanks to full healing.
P3 Koromaru - 3.36.  Nulls Fire and Darkness-based ID (which seems to cover more 'traditional' forms of ID to me), seems to have a bit better evasion, and High Counter.  Just 3HKO damage, though, and he just can't fight most bosses.  Resist-breaking is a nice touch, though.  Mostly an ID-whore.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - 3.39.  Damage.  That's all that's going for her, really, but when she 2HKOs (and overkills off of Mind Charge), one can see why she can afford the damage.  Hates blitzers like no tomorrow, though, thanks to her frailty (gameworst END), as well as fire damage.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - 4.08.  Power Charge->God's Hand well overkills average, and a Powercharged physical misses OHKOing average.  Good defenses and average HP, regen, high-counter, he only really misses having neither magic damage nor something resembling status resistance.
P3 Takaya Sakaki - 4.31.  Too elementally and magically reliant for Godlike, and his damage takes a turn to get good.  Thankfully, that damage off of Mind Charge and Weakness can easily manage an OHKO.  Durable as hell, and the ID is a decent touch.  Gets destroyed by good healers with boatloads of MDEF or Reflect, though.
P3 Yukari Takeba - 2.68.  Light, no question.  Even with that much full healing to throw around, her spells do not do that much damage, and her HP is fucking terrible.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 01:43:34 AM »

P3 Aigis: Middle. Unremarkable damage that eats her HP, and weak to lightning...yeah, she's glad she has the buffing/healing game. Feel like I should give her a little credit for Orgia Mode, at least (I never used it).
P3 Akihiko Sanada: Uh, Middle. Not seeing anything special here, not that he's horrible.
P3 Chidori Yoshino: Low Light. Hilariously bad.
P3 Jin Shirato: Light/Middle. Yeah, he's pretty scrubby.
P3 Junpei Iori: Middle. Unspectacular, but good at walling physical sluggers (and there a lot of those in Light, hellooooo, Suikoscrubs).
P3 Ken Amada: Middle. Healing + ID is enough of a strategy in Middle.
P3 Koromaru: High Middle. Junpei with better elemental alignment and ID. Yeah, go Koro.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo: High Middle. Would easily be Heavy if she didn't have such a horribly common weakness.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki: Abstain. Bwah, temp. Don't feel like thinking about him right now.
P3 Takaya Sakaki: Heavy. 2HKO magic damage before Mind Charge. Yeah, he's okay.
P3 Yukari Takeba: Low Middle. Lightning's waaay too common.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:26:31 PM by El Cideon »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 02:45:44 AM »

P3 Aigis - 3.5
P3 Akihiko Sanada - 3.2
P3 Chidori Yoshino - 2.0
P3 Jin Shirato - 3.2
P3 Junpei Iori - 3.5
P3 Ken Amada - 3.45
P3 Koromaru - 3.4
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - 3.3
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - 3.65
P3 Takaya Sakaki - 3.75
P3 Yukari Takeba - 2.8

Agreed here.

Cloud of Darkness: 4.6 Godlike sounds right.
-Djinn

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 08:52:47 AM »
Cloud of Darkness - 4.3 Heavy? FF3j form doesn't really translate like in-game. Crazy evasion/MDef/elemental resistances and good HP, making a crazy durable tank. Problem is the damage is just a 3HKO. Oh well, that level of durability gets you places.

EDIT: Full rankings. Since they've got this far, I'd honestly rather contribute to their ranking instead of DNRing and not participating. As a disclaimer: I throw Minato out of the averages entirely. Usually not comfortable with that, but he's way too much of a clusterfuck, to the point that even trying to slap his stats into most averages is a neverending headache.

Aigis - 3.75 Heavy. Lightning weakness is a bitch, but plentiful healing+Orgia Mode is a winning combo. Buffs aren't much of a thing, the only one she truly has uses for is Tarukaja, but that+Orgia gets her to juuuuuuuust scrape that OHKO on average pdur. EDIT: So I guess that she's at least good enough for a Middle championship. I guess this pokes her into the border.

Akihiko Sanada - 3.25 Middle. Pretty run-of-the-mill as far as duellers go. Ice weakness is problematic, but Lightning immunity is pretty cool. The debuffs, once again, aren't great. Rakunda could be the difference between a 2HKO and a 3HKO, but the fact that it runs out in three turns and doesn't have that much of an effect makes it mostly moot.

Chidori Yoshino - 2.0 Light - Oh boy, 50% HP range one-shot (not as in per battle, but per casting) physical reflection on a boss with 0.4x PC HP and crappy first-turn speed! The skillset is actually fairly large (ID, debuffs, watchamacallit), but the meat of it is unlocked at low HP ranges, and the durability... sheesh. Try again when you're not borderline OHKOed by average damage, Chidori. At least, the fire immunity lets her... um... er... IT LETS HER WALL... UM... S4 EUGENE!? Yeah no.

Jin Shirato - 3.0 Middle. He -lives and dies- by his status of fail hit rates. Honestly, his damage is so awful and his effective durability is so close to PC HP (still 3HKOed by average? Yeah) that... uh... it's not much help. Charm is awesome when it connects, but that takes three turns and he loses initiative in general. Not to mention it only lasts three turns, and Jin awesomely 5HKOs. So, even when he connects Charm, he isn't guaranteed to win. He needs to be at below 50% HP to actually manage a kill before it runs out (Mudoon/Hamaon). And god help him if he faces status resistance/godly MDef, because he's not connecting any status ever then. At least, he immunes three elements, which gives him spoiling power. This is the only thing keeping him from rotting in Light definitely to me. Granted, the whole mass of failure stacking up sorta makes him neat in a bizarre way, but that's because even with the status being awesome when it connects, he fails so badly at capitalizing that... yeah.

Junpei Iori - 3.1 Middle. Honestly, he's just very middle-ground. His actual offense costs him HP (which can be hefty) and his backup sorta sucks. On the other hand, High Counter + regen actually makes him pretty okay against Middle fighters, and the fire immunity is cool. Wind is a weakness he doesn't face often, so he's well off there. Not exactly a winning Middle (he eats it to healers something fierce due to his lacking pressure and HP-eating non-fail offense), but hey. He's a better dueller than Yukari, I guess.

Ken Amada - 3.5 Middle. Um, Ken's heal-locked too often? He's not even too terribly close to 2HKOed by average, 91% PC HP and P3 defensive stats have a menial effect on durability (see my 52 Armor/near gameworst Endurance Yukari taking like 5 more damage from an attack than Minato with armor 56 points stronger and superior personas on Endurance by endgame. Defensive stats seem to take a definite third-fiddle to levels, not to mention the stat curve itself is small). Damage is poor, but healing and ID is a winning combo. If his ID was turn 1 instead of turn 2, he'd be a Heavy. Hates a lot of ID whores, though, due to the Darkness weakness. Granted, he also mocks Holy-reliant people, so hey. Oh, by the way: he has a storebought non-random Charm weapon. That's probably not exactly useful, but may work against some ID-immune healers in Middle? Iunno.

Koromaru - 3.4 Middle. Fire reliance for slugfesting isn't nice (Koro -can- null Fire resistance, but he lacks healing, meaning that isn't always a turn he can afford), but walling both Fire and most magical ID under my views is nice - not to mention the minor physical spoiling. Good HP and turn two ID round him up. He's a lot like Gale, but superior in a fair amount of areas (more durability, a less commonly walled element, a high 3HKO instead of a low 3HKO...). Solid, really, but not a champion-level dueller or anything.

Mitsuru Kirijo - 3.25 Middle. The Fire weakness fucking sucks. Mitsuru could actually swing Heavy if it wasn't
for that, but the fact she gets reamed by the likes of Stahn Aileron... man. Spoiling vulnerability from hell drops her over half a point. She spoils herself, and has a solid damage/healing/buffing game going on her favor (made better since Mind Charge doesn't get spent until you actually cast a damage spell. This means she can heal-lock with physical+Mind Charge'd Bufudyne if need be, say), but damn, the weakness.

Shinjiro Aragaki - 3.65 Middle. Power Charge => God Hand => 2.8x average damage. This off someone who actually has okay durability due to his regen, and the occasional physical reflection could at worst let him win tiebreaks. Can't heal-lock as well as Mitsuru, but not having a single weakness to exploit helps. Granted, can't spoil, and he pretty much hates physical tanks and evasion whores. But that's a winning strategy, and he's quite possibly champ-powered.

Takaya Sakaki - 3.15 Middle. The durability is... okay, not godly or anything. Effective 1.7x PC HP is fine, but not a real prize winner. Then, Takaya can't really kill in two turns - he horribly struggles to 3HKO as is, and god help his soul, once again, if he faces high-profile MDef and EDIT: HE CAN'T USE THE ID? FAILFAILFAIL. Man, this makes him borderline Junpei-tastic. Because being walled by Bernadette wasn't bad enough, he also has to eat it to healers that don't get 2HKOed by average magic damage something fierce.

Yukari Takeba - 2.7 Light. Lightning weakness, as usual, sucks. But she has a lot of healing and juuuuuuuuuuuust avoids that 2HKO against average damage. Wind blocking is sorta useless, and she's just... not impressive in most ways other than having a fairly deep reservoir of full healing.    
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:47:57 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »
Completed the game Snow? =)~

Persona 3 - The Journey

Aegis - 3.5 High Middle
Akihiko - 3.25 Middle
Chidori - 2.0 Light
Jin - 3.25 Middle
Junpei - 3.25 Middle
Ken - 3.5 High Middle
Koromaru - 3.5 High Middle
Mitsuru - 3.25 Middle
Shinjiro - 3.75 Low Heavy
Takaya - 3.75 ^^
Yukari - 2.75 High Light

Reasons later~

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Starphoenix das Helpoemer

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 12:36:28 PM »
Has anyone noticed the fact that Aigis also comes with status blocking in her Orgia Mode? When activated, she gets rid of status and blitzes until overheating. That could push her a few  decimal points I think.

Taishyr

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 12:50:40 PM »
Cloud of Darkness: Low Godlike

I'm putting these in code since these would only be tenative rankings from me, based off what I know they get at endgame and how effective I feel they'd be.

Code: [Select]
P3 Aigis: Low Heavy. Yeah, she has Lightning weakness. ...This is more of a spoiler method for others than it is an issue for where to rank her, I feel.
Throwing her into Middle seems to guarantee her a sweep unless she meets a spoiler, whereas in Heavy she's fighting on her own level...
except if she runs into someone with lightning.  So I'm inclined to throw her here.
P3 Akihiko: High Middle
P3 Chidori Yoshino: Abstain
P3 Jin Shirato: Abstain
P3 Junpei Iori: Middle
P3 Ken Amada: High Middle
P3 Koromaru: High Middle
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo: High Middle
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki: Abstain
P3 Takaya Sakaki: Abstain
P3 Yukari Takeba: ...Low Middle. On instinct, she feels like a case of Rena.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 10:40:09 PM »
Fine fine, Decimals.  Not using them leaves you screwed by the system ;_;

Final Fantasy 3

FF3 Cloud of Darkness- 5.00 Godlike.

Persona 3: The Journey- Not really taking weaknesses into account here, despite their potency.  It's like why Auron's not a Middle even though any FE character makes him fail to hit ever.

P3 Aigis- 3.75 Middle/Heavy.  Orgy mode, despite the drawbacks, just feels too potent for Middle.  The healing reserves don't hurt neither.  Still can't see her going far in Heavy though...
P3 Akihiko Sanada- 3.65 High Middle.  Well rounded but not stand out enough in any one area to really crack Heavy.
P3 Chidori Yoshino- 2.5 Light.  She's... juuuusst one-rounded by average, as I see it, so... .8xPC?  That range?  Definitely enough to actually wield her skillset.  Taya types and Entire Cast of Chrono Cross ream her, but still a definite champ threat in Light.
P3 Jin Shirato- 3.45 Middle.  5k HP is moderately durable, enough to get some of his more evil statuses to hit.  But is so bad off in a slug fest... yeah.
P3 Junpei Iori- 3.1 Low Middle.  8% Regen in Light feels like a free pass to just spam his non-HP eating damage, so Middle feels more appropriate. 
P3 Ken Amada- 3.65 High Middle.  See Akihiko.  Less durable, but weakish ID and meaningless weakness balance that out nicely.
P3 Koromaru- 3.55 Middle.  HP of awesome.  Does not compensate complete lack of healing options.  But hey, enough HP to spam ID and slug well enough.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo- 3.75 Middle/Heavy.  2HKO damage, fairly average otherwise... spoiled by fire or Ice immunity but can heal.  Textbook borderliner.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki- 3.75 Middle/Heavy.  Wow.  His Power Charge'd damage is pretty impressive.  Perhaps too impressive for Middle?  We'll see.
P3 Takaya Sakaki 3.85 Low Heavy.  Just reaches that 3HKO, some status to play with, elemental variety.. durable enough to get away with it.  He's sorta an improved Melbu.  Obviously more stylish of course.
P3 Yukari Takeba- 2.75 High Light.  Nothing new to say.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:43:11 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Hyper Inferno

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 03:21:59 AM »
Umm... does Shinjiro even get Power Charge at his normal temp levels? I'm not inclined to give him endgame levels and scale them to that, but rather what his performance was during when he's actually available.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 03:27:06 AM »
I've always given all PCs in the DL access to their full skillset, regardless of exceeding endgame levels, and treat temps no differently.  Actually, as a rule I treat temps at end game levels whenever possible anyway, so yeah, doubly meaningless here.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.