Register

Author Topic: Anonyrandomafia: Game over (Scum win)  (Read 47324 times)

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anonyrandomafia: On the first day, they gathered.
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »
Well, this is a fine how-do-you-do, right here. I turn my head for a few hours, and suddenly, ol' Neddy's on the chopping block.

I don't much care for guns, but I'm going to stick to the ones I have. People lurking are the most dangerous people. God gave us voices so we'd use 'em, provided we keep our language nice and clean. I don't really "get" the arguments against Crow, or the Queen. As for Khan, I pointed my ol' suspicious finger at him, so I don't see how you can say I didn't have anything to say about the guy. Personally, I think he has a lot of long-winded, droning speeches that go nowhere, which is fine and jim-dandy for church, but that man only worships himself.

I still think Excel is the best candidate for a lynch today, if only because her content has been erratic, sparse, and insubstantial. But it's not looking like we'll get a lynch that makes even a lick of sense. If it's between me and the Queen, well, suicide is a Sin.

##UNVOTE: Excel
##VOTE: Queen Elizabeth

Ash

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2008, 09:58:16 PM »
That puts Queenie on -1, I think. Ned's at 4 I think?

Between Ned and Queen we've got two egregious lurkers. Ned gives us something to go on in terms of content. He's tried to contribute, but... not always making sense. Ned's vote for Miyagi kinda came out of nowhere, and... served little purpose. I can see he was trying to stir some discussion, but wasn't really participating in any of the other stuff that was going on, then completely disappears. It doesn't even really seem like he's paying much attention, for all I agree on the Khan point. It's better to go with the person we have something on rather than random lurkers, I guess.

##Vote: Ned Flanders

If I don't get home to post before hammer/deadline, notes for tomorrow:
Queen, Excel and Death are guilty, guilty, GUILTY of lurking something fierce.

Khan looks even worse on reread, I just see a lot of flavorpost spam with maybe one post of content.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2008, 10:21:01 PM »
Lizzie's only at -2, Ash. Flanders is now at -1 with his mustache hangin' in the wind, clearly. I still don't know exactly what to think, but I know that I still think Lizzie's acting like a fucking galactic devourer of worlds if I ever saw one, so the vote's not moving off of her. I'm also less sure of Flanders than I was to begin with, but fucked if I feel like I need to change my vote at the moment.

Really it's up to Death or Khan to change the playing field, right now. I've got some... I've got some theories developing, but they're probably all just bullshit. They're not ripe enough that I feel like tossing them out just yet, at any rate. I don't know how the fuck to figure anything out at the moment other than wait for a flip and wait for new shit to come to light from there.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2008, 10:33:30 PM »
I have returned, and I see that much has changed in my sojourn. You offer before me the pacifist and the little queen. I am surprised to see the former in such a position, so you shall wait as I consider the situation.

For now you may have:

##UNVOTE: Crow T. Robot

As though I'm as yet suspicious of the tin man it seems a meaningless gesture, and I will commit to one faction or the other. I will be surprised if I do not side with removing the little queen, but we shall see.
It is better to rule in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »
Current votecount:

Ash (0): Rod Serling
Crow (1): The Dude, Khan, Death
Death (0): Khan, Crow T. Robot, Ash
Excel (0): Queen Elizabeth, Ned Flanders, Ash
Khan (0): Rod Serling, Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi (0): Excel, Ned Flanders
Ned Flanders (5): Queen Elizabeth, Rod Serling, Yangus, Mr. Miyagi, Ash
Queen Elizabeth (4): Death, The Dude, Yangus, Mr. Miyagi, Excel, Crow T. Robot, Ned Flanders
Rod Serling (0): Yangus
The Dude (0): Crow. T. Robot
Yangus (0): Ash

There are approximately 1.5 hours remaining.

With eleven alive it takes six to lynch.

Note: Ned Flanders is at -1 to hammer.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2008, 10:50:14 PM »
A point of the utmost importance has occurred to me during my meditations: both the foul fiend Death and the little queen are due to feel the wrath of mod in a mere hour and a half from now. The absence of the former finally struck me as odd, which led to this grand realisation.

I shall continue my review under the assumption that the day will end with an execution, but I turn my face to the heavens when I implore my curiosity to be sated on how this will affect the end of our first miserable day of exile here.

Yangus

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2008, 10:56:31 PM »
Now, 'ow do you figger that, mate?  I've 'eard nothing from our hosts 'ere saying that this Death bloke is in fer anything fer not showing us 'is mug.  Same wit our friend what's wearing the crown.  Where are you gettin the idea that they'll be getting what fer fer not talkin?

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2008, 10:58:26 PM »
My dear Mr. Yangus, it's right there in the Moon Bible we first found on arriving here.

Ground rules first:
- Inactivity and failure to post for 24 hours will result in a modkill.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2008, 11:01:35 PM »
Although yes, further inspection would show that Miss Excel was mute for no less than 36 hours without worry from this affliction.

How odd. I shall proceed assuming that no such lightning could possibly be drawn upon the moon.

Yangus

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2008, 11:19:31 PM »
Well, this is a fine how-do-you-do, right here. I turn my head for a few hours, and suddenly, ol' Neddy's on the chopping block.

I don't much care for guns, but I'm going to stick to the ones I have. People lurking are the most dangerous people. God gave us voices so we'd use 'em, provided we keep our language nice and clean. I don't really "get" the arguments against Crow, or the Queen. As for Khan, I pointed my ol' suspicious finger at him, so I don't see how you can say I didn't have anything to say about the guy. Personally, I think he has a lot of long-winded, droning speeches that go nowhere, which is fine and jim-dandy for church, but that man only worships himself.

I still think Excel is the best candidate for a lynch today, if only because her content has been erratic, sparse, and insubstantial. But it's not looking like we'll get a lynch that makes even a lick of sense. If it's between me and the Queen, well, suicide is a Sin.

##UNVOTE: Excel

Now, see, this 'ere's why I'm thinkin' you're not such a nice bloke.  See, maybe you're thinkin' all this stuff, but when it comes to saying it you're tighter than the old geezer.  And, well, honestly, I think you're just playin' us all for fools.

You say you've spoken out against that Khan bloke, well I've seen you do it, but just the once.

Now, the dooziest of our problems seems to be this Khan fella. On the one hand, he has a gosh-darned point about creating the first serious discussion, but on the other hand, I don't much care for the idea of someone trying to win us over by risking himself during an otherwise joke phase.

Not much of an attack, I think.  And that was yer second post too!  Hard to think of you as being hard on the guy when yer praisin' 'im at the same time as yer talkin' bad of 'im.  But, mayhaps I'm wrong, maybe ye've been focused on 'im because ye've 'ad nothing bad to say of anyone else.

Well, that's a right interesting ac-cu-sation, coming from someone in the "Anglican" church. I wouldn't be too sure about you having much room to talk as far as "Content" goes. I may be showing my conservative side, but I just hadn't had much room to make a decision on. I've also had a heck of a lot more'ta say than Mr. Serling, or that fella from the orient.

That said, I'm not liking too much that the two quiet guys casually voted for Khan, and I'm sure not a fan of how the Robot boy is flailing about. I'll wrap my noggin around it for a few minutes and get back to everyone.

Yer third post has ya talking bad about that Serling bloke, and saying worse things about 'im and Miyagi than anything you've said bout anyone else all day.  Then we get to your other posts and...

##VOTE: Mr. Miyagi

Now, I don't really have the stomach for this "calling for someone's death", but with innocent people being killed, I think it's time for desperate measures.

By my count, Excel, Miyagi, Yangus, and Sterling over there all had less actionable content than I did, and what bothers me more is that no one seems to be tossing any suspicion their way... ....and keeping it there. I want to see what happens when a little pressure is applied to one of these not-present nellies.

'ere you're just votin' for the sake of votin' for someone, and usin' the excuse of them not bein' 'ere so that you won't look bad from the doin' of it.  And ye blame all four of the blokes you do for postin' less than you have, despite the most worthwhile thing you havin' had to say by now being that you think the blokes voting for Khan are being all sneaky like about it.  The best that can be said is that yer at least holdin onto Serling and Miyagi.  Not that you say a thing about that.

And in yer last post ye go on to say that all we should be expectin' from you is that you'll be looking at the blokes what don't talk much?  When ye haven't been sayin much else to start with?  'ell, you switch over to that Excel skirt for no reasons I can see, and then in yer next post, you claim it's Khan and Excel ye've been after when your posts say it's been Miyagi and Sterling you've had your eye on.

Yer posts don't add up when you give yer reasons, and you talk so to hide the fact ye'r not tellin' us anything.  I think we've got you fer certain, and I'll be right chuffed to see you 'ang for it.

Rod Serling

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2008, 11:27:54 PM »
No time to construct a multi-paragraph metaphor where I never refer to myself or use anything other than third-person references. With 35 minutes to go, I haven't changed my mind on Ned, and that's where my vote is staying.

Gotta go.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »
As things stand, I find myself convinced by Mr. Serling and Mr. Yagnus.

I announce the intent to bring the hammer down, but more importantly than that symbolism I announce that I won't be restoring the balance by voting for the little queen instead.

Ned, you have your time to convince me. As my vote only matters in the case that Death shows up or another voter changes their mind the blow shall not be struck until the final moment. I shall follow up with my specific observations, but your time is now.

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »
My only option is to restate my position firmly: I have consistently attacked lurkers, and this is a proven strategy that makes sense. I am being attacked for having little substance, yet what IS this attack? What is the game reason for wanting me lynched? There isn't one. Day one is largely about chasing ghosts. You can chase people that aren't there, or you can demonize someone that is. Today, we've chosen to do the latter.

I still have my suspicions about you, and I'm not convinced you're town. YOUR posts have contained well less substance than mine--a point that's been brought up more than once in the topic. You gave me a chance to defend myself, but I doubt you have any intention of staying your hand. I hope folks aren't easily swayed by how your lack of substance continues even in your grandstanding hammer.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2008, 11:58:49 PM »
Mod's note: In light of Excel's extended absence, the length of which I hadn't actually noticed, it seems hypocritical to kill Death and Queen Elizabeth at this point in time (especially with the end of the day ever so slightly before their twenty-four hours are up). Thus, for the time being they will merely have to live with whatever suspicion such inactivity earns them. (I must admit to some desire to avoid modkills in general, yes, since god damn have I had enough of them in past games, but I will be watching these two closely from the very start of the second day).

I now return you to your regularly scheduled backstabbing and betrayal. Now, excuse me while I go bitch about people signing up for games and then not posting in them. Except with more expletives.

There twenty minutes remaining in the day.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »
To cut to the quick, verbose silence is worse than plain silence (I bite my thumb at the implication that I haven't contributed. As grandiose and self-serving as my dialogue may be, it's been far thicker of thought than most being considered).

The little queen and the foul fiend Death are long since guilty of silence, but are less interesting if they are just walking corpses as the case may be. Excel is likewise guilty without the same fatal problem. I do not know how her brief resurface lifted her above the suspicion of the others on the grounds that the first case on her was based on a misunderstanding. Death likewise should the lightning not take him.

I need to swap from my laptop now, so bear with me as I actually get to Mr. Flanders.

Edit: oh my dear Mr. Flanders, I can't say I can see the appeal of lashing out at me at this point. I outright refute the claims that I've spoke any less crisply than others. If you truly believe in this myth then you should at least attempt to back it up. I've made it clear that my position here is little more than symbolic when it makes no difference compared to staying silent, but rather have an opinion than none at all.

My own thoughts not withstanding, the lack of input on the other arguments on you hardly helps your cause.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2008, 12:12:50 AM »
Okay, no, I patently won't have enough time for this, so it's time to munch the overtime rules for my own benefit.

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »
HELL DIDDILY DING-DONG CRAP! (This phrase will denote breaches of character)

I take it something I said struck a chord, because I'm not dead just yet.

Quote from: Yangus
Now, see, this 'ere's why I'm thinkin' you're not such a nice bloke.  See, maybe you're thinkin' all this stuff, but when it comes to saying it you're tighter than the old geezer.  And, well, honestly, I think you're just playin' us all for fools.

Check where this was said. It's in response to me targeting Excel. "I'm tight" when it comes to saying something I've spelled out three or four times already. Lynch all lurkers. Excel is lurking and erratic: Lynch Excel.

Not much of an attack, I think.  And that was yer second post too!  Hard to think of you as being hard on the guy when yer praisin' 'im at the same time as yer talkin' bad of 'im.  But, mayhaps I'm wrong, maybe ye've been focused on 'im because ye've 'ad nothing bad to say of anyone else.

This is in response to my initial buggerance with you drawing attention to yourself, which you're quite good at, by the by. "Not much of an attack" is the entire argument against me here. Well, gee, that's probably because there's not much to attack ON by that point. So I eat a grenade because I'm the first one to point out what everyone saw? Preposterous. Asinine.

The next two parts of Yangus' argument? Acknowledging that I had something to say about Sterling and Miyagi, and then IMMEDIATELY following it up by saying that I voted for Sterling for no reason save for voting. I had already established my problem with Miyagi. He was lurking, and, at the time, was the only lurker with a vote on him. Instead of spreading votes out, I wanted some to cluster together to actually spark the day into action.

There. That's my defense. Take it or leave it.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2008, 12:17:33 AM »
...*Sigh*

We are now in sudden-death. Any vote or unvote to Ned Flanders or Queen Elizabeth will result in the end of the day.

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2008, 12:18:31 AM »
Quote from: I
IMMEDIATELY following it up by saying that I voted for Sterling for no reason save for voting.

Oops. I made a typo here. Should read ."..saying I voted for Miyagi for no reason...."

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
  • Ruler of England from 1558 to 1603.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2008, 12:46:48 AM »
Augh, hi.  Massive apologies, I let stuff get away from me and this just completely slipped my mind for a day.  No real excuses.

Voted Flanders early on due to disinterest in the Khan/etc stuff.  That really wasn't important other than as a beginning of day vote, though, and now that I see him tied up with me here I don't know what to think.

I do have a power role, I'm not sure if I should just claim it outright as it seems unlikely to do town any good now.  Posting this fast.

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2008, 12:53:24 AM »
Okay, reread.  I like:  Ned Flanders, most townie read.  (AUGH.)  Liking Khan right now too. 
I don't like: Yangus, Crow, to an extent Serling and Miyagi.
I am neutral on: Ash
and it looks like Excel and Death have also not showed up.

That's the best I can get out of today.  Unfortunately it's between Ned and me now.  I know I'm town, but I think he's town as well from reading and has and probably will be much more helpful than I am discussionwise.  But then again you don't get a sudden death train like this without the scum playing SOME part in it somewhere somehow.

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2008, 12:55:58 AM »
Then there's Dude, whom I initially had in both the scummy and not scummy categories and deleted from both.  I'm not sure what to think about the dude.  Leaning townish I think maybe sorta but something seems odd about him.

Ash

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2008, 01:04:02 AM »
I'm fucking speechless. Khan, as if you couldn't get scummier to me...

Okay... Yangus makes me feel more comfortable keeping my vote on Ned, but Ned does a better job defending himself. Elizabeth's lazy list works more against her than for her as it doesn't really give us much explanation to go on. The sole reason I hesistate is due to the power role claim.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2008, 01:22:23 AM »
And now my desktop is unresponsive. Plan C.

I'm pulled from side to side. The argument on Flanders is persuading and yet I cannot fault him further than other players. His initial outbursting defense was maddening, and yet I find it hard to believe it as villainous death throes.

And here's the little queen, with ever so convenient timing and a vague role claim on the table. It's pause for thought, but little more as it is.

I'd rather have a different choice, but I'm more inclined to be distrustful of the role claim from a lurker.

Ash: what do you want, forcing sudden death has forced the little queen out of the woodwork now rather than safely at the start of the next day.

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2008, 01:28:01 AM »
Hey, I'm trying to do the best I can to catch up here.

Flanders and Khan are posting detailed and thoughtful arguments.  Khan's been involved in the day's arguments, but he seems more like he was trying to get things going than being scummy.  Dude has done the same, but I don't see as much in the way of hard opinions from him, more like "safe" ones if that makes sense.

Crow looks to be on the bad side of the interplay with Khan, he seems very reactivist to me.  Yangus has basically just popped Ned for being on Excel and that's it.  Definitely looks worst to me right now.  Serling's stuck to lurkers and clearing up other people's misunderstandings, which is fine and all but where's the scum hunting.  Miyagi has very low presence to me despite not technically being a lurker.  Ash is hard to follow, maybe because he slipped on anonymity a couple times, I dunno, but nothing stands out either way.

Call it lazy if you want but that's all I can get from day 1.  I don't really like the way anyone's been voting, but I realize I (and Excel, and Death) haven't given people much choice in the matter.