Author Topic: Anonyrandomafia: Game over (Scum win)  (Read 47316 times)

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anonyrandomafia: On the fourth day, they...wait, there's a day four?
« Reply #350 on: October 28, 2008, 03:55:33 AM »
Yes! Sweet! Good to know that my gut isn't completely unreliable. Also, thank you to all the rest of you for not being idiots like me with the sudden death suggestion. Clearly parts of my brain were not working, there.

I see no reason not to vote for Miyagi today. I just got back and have only skimmed how the end of the day broke down thus far, but he certainly didn't seem to present anything that would make him look better to me. Massively tired, will be around tomorrow with more coherent thoughts.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2008, 04:38:22 AM »
Firstly, nailing Mr. Ash was incredibly relieving.

For now, though, can we slow down a bit? I agree with the two of you that Mr. Miyagi is more than likely the only way forward, but that's no reason to just close the case when there's plenty of time to spare. Now that I've actually been granted the time to get through yesterday's material in full I'd like to do so (tomorrow morning, where previous days suggest that little will be posted while I sleep anyway) and I in turn want to hear more from "The Dude" and Mr. Miyagi himself before I can feel in any way settled (I should just be happy that it looks clear after all of the earlier mess, but late-night paranoia is distrustful of it. Did a theoretically traitorous Mr. Miyagi just have no NK that would have made him look better than this position?). I also really need to look into Mr. Ash / Mr. Miyagi from the start, given that arguments for and against it were being tossed around at least as early as day two.

But yes, back to a more useful momentum in the morning. I do think we have this in the bag, but I hardly want to get tripped up in elation.
It is better to rule in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 28, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »
... Huh, a Day Four. Honestly unexpected.

No, I did indeed not vote the other day. I had suspicions of Ash but not a case built up. Quite sorry I didn't try to do the easy thing and vote someone everyone agreed on in the hopes that if it's scum I'd be getting some cred.

Everyone but me voted on Ash yesterday. That is not to immediately say scum would not vote fellow scum so foolhardy near the end of the day. Had I voted him, I really doubt you would've suddenly gone from "Miyagi is the scums" to "Miyagi's a pretty cool dude, eh makes the posts and doesn't afraid of anything".

That said, I honestly just woke up and have no real time to construe any further attempts at a case, for all that I doubt it'll do me that much good, but I'll make an attempt to read through everything once I have time and probably post some thoughts on it. Heavens know I've dug myself a veritable grave, and I really can't fault anyone that wants to lynch me since I did play rubbish this game.

I still don't want to lose this game for town, though, but I really do not understand what kind of further defense I can play aside from "It isn't me!" and "oh noez ;_;".

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 28, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »
Current votecount:

...No one's voted!

There are 37.5 hours remaining.

With four alive it takes three to lynch.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 28, 2008, 01:12:54 PM »
I can't say that's done my motivation any good. I'm not sure I can believe in a different partner for Mr. Ash when it would rely on an innocent Mr. Miyagi to have acted this way.

What? Where were your suspicions, then? Yesterday you roughly went from Mr. Ash / "The Dude", sort of through "The Dude" / Miss Excel, then jumped totally off of "The Dude" and settled on Mr. Ash / Miss Excel. Mr. Ash had pretty much just handed himself in at the end as well. With those thoughts on the table, just what were you expecting?

No, I did indeed not vote the other day. I had suspicions of Ash but not a case built up. Quite sorry I didn't try to do the easy thing and vote someone everyone agreed on in the hopes that if it's scum I'd be getting some cred.

You're right that the judgment was out of your hands, and that placing a vote wouldn't have helped (if anything, it would have hindered on account of messing with the plan that was in motion). I'm far and out more concerned that you claimed to be on Mr. Ash most of yesterday without actually pushing it at all and favoring pushing other suspects out in front of him.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 28, 2008, 01:26:41 PM »
The forum's going in and out of existence to me (the previous post took three attempts, thankfully without actually losing the text, and has been out of reach between then and now). The rest of the internet seems to be fine, so I can't imagine it's my connection. I'm going to open up a bunch of pages, take notes and post them later.

Excel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 28, 2008, 01:30:53 PM »
Well, doesn't look like I can interest anyone in an Excel lynch
Not for lack of trying; Miyagi certainly did a lot of fishing for cases (on everyone except Ash). 

I don't have much to add. Let me know when you want to lynch him & I'll place my vote. I do want a detailed post from Dude though first. Until then, sleep etc.

The forum's going in and out of existence to me
Yar.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 28, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »
Hey guys. One down, one to go. Part of me unfortunately feels like I'm sort of running out of steam, but I feel pretty confident that we can win this now. And maybe -- I'm willing to allow that I may, in the final analysis, be fallible -- my confidence, and the fact that I'm jazzed up by having been right about Ash, might be causing me a bad sort of tunnel-vision, but I still have a hard time seeing anyone but Mr. Miyagi as the final planet eater.

I'll be shocked and massively impressed if Khan ends up being scum. He's been measured and thoughtful all game, and I just can't point to anything he's done and feel bad about it.

Excel got off to a rough start, obviously. Funnily enough, that's actually exactly (well, indirectly) why I believe she's town now. Remember back on Day 1 when she sort of weirdly flip-flopped in a very brief span of time on the Queen right before announcing her absence for a while and Ash jumped down her throat (here's where it went down - http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2205.msg37812#msg37812)? With Ash having flipped scum, that just looks far more like scum trying to capitalize on a thoughtless townie move than it does like a scumbus. Granted, Ash removed the vote before too much time had passed, but that was the result of slight pressure from Rod and Yangus; in other words, it wasn't just an empty gesture of a vote against a scumbuddy, but rather a lynchtrain attempt that was jettisoned when multiple people spoke out against it. This exchange, the lack of her Cop claim when I (a little thoughtlessly) handed it to her on a silver platter, her general activity and content late in the game, all point to a Town Excel.

Miyagi spent most of Day 3 flailing around wildly trying to build about half a dozen cases and being rebuffed without much effort on the part of town every time. Then there's just the general tone of resignation, which we see here in a moment the wonkiness of which was pretty well-analyzed by Khan:

What? Where were your suspicions, then? Yesterday you roughly went from Mr. Ash / "The Dude", sort of through "The Dude" / Miss Excel, then jumped totally off of "The Dude" and settled on Mr. Ash / Miss Excel. Mr. Ash had pretty much just handed himself in at the end as well. With those thoughts on the table, just what were you expecting?

Said tone of resignation has now come to fruition with the timeless scum last-ditch of acting sad and saying "gawrsh I really want town to win, please reconsider <3 <3 <3." I'm happy to wait a bit and mull it over, but at the same time I feel pretty much ready to vote right now.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 28, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »
Okay, I'm likewise sold. I've been running around in circles all game, but at the end of the day it was the obvious Mr. Ash who was nailed as the first traitor, and I'm now staring at Mr. Miyagi as the obvious second traitor or two overly convoluted cases. Perhaps I should be slightly more cautious of "The Dude" but I've never seen the merit behind any of the weak cases put on him. (incredibly selfishly this saves me a bunch of time this evening actually formally putting my concerns from late yesterday into a rigorous format, but hsshh)

Given the consensus and conviction (and Mr. Miyagi's lack of an attempt today), I think we may as well just get it over with now.

##VOTE: Mr. Miyagi

I won't be back until evening, where if the game is still going on (I assume it will because Miss Excel won't have returned?) I'll have another look through my notes and check over what my concerns were with the Mr. Ash / Mr. Miyagi pairing in the past, but this looks cut and dried as it stands.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 28, 2008, 11:15:09 PM »
Current votecount:

Mr. Miyagi (1): Khan

There are 27 hours remaining.

With four alive it takes three to lynch.

Excel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 28, 2008, 11:27:01 PM »
Ok cool, let's win this!

##Vote: Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 28, 2008, 11:30:54 PM »
Just posting to make it clear I still stand by my anti-Excel sentiments.

I mean, after the game ends, I need some bragging points if I got it right, right?

I'd self-hammer but maybe The Dude will idk throw things around. A man can hope, right?

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 28, 2008, 11:36:46 PM »
Alright, then.

##VOTE: Mr. Miyagi

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2008, 12:21:20 AM »
Final votecount:

Mr. Miyagi (3): Khan, Excel, The Dude

---

"Dude-san," Mr. Miyagi began, facing down his accusers, "I no traitor. But no can stop three of you killing me, either." A sad look came across his face. "You fight with numbers, not courage. It way of coward. This no victory for you."

The Dude, swaggering with the thrill of success, took a swig of his white russian (there probably would've been discussion about where this came from later, were it not for what soon happened). "Save it, Doctor Kamikaze, we know you're with the carpet-pissers. It's time you paid for ruining my living room!"

It wasn't The Dude that killed the aged sensei, though. An energy beam lanced out from the depths of the Watcher's keep and vaporized Miyagi's head. The Dude and Excel turned in shock to look for the shooter--and saw Khan striding out of the building, some manner of laser rifle in one hand and with something like an escape pod floating dutifully along behind him.

"While you all were bickering so amusingly, I took the liberty of...experimenting with our host's facilities. Would you guess that there are machines below capable of fabricating whatever manner of device one desires? No doubt you would not have recognized them as such, of course, lacking my keen intellect. Oh, and I should say that there WERE such machines within Uatu's keep. You would find them all thoroughly disabled were you to look now. A pity that such delightful tools as yourselves should be discarded with such abandon, but I'm afraid I simply have no further use for you. I will grant you the small mercy of each other's company as you rot slowly on the this barren world, however. I cannot let it be said that I am ungenerous towards those who serve me well, you understand."

"And now, I leave you as He left me...buried alive at the center of a dead planet."

Khan entered the craft. The door slid shut, the rocket boosters fired, and Khan's ship headed towards the stars.

As for the final survivors marooned on the moon's surface, there was only one thing they could say:

KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!

Mr. Miyagi (Town Cop) was lynched!

Scum win!

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 29, 2008, 12:23:51 AM »
And now, the great revealing of stuff. Role setup first. Before anyone crucifies Miyagi for claiming cop, look at the night actions.

TOWN

Cop (Sane): Mr. Miyagi
Doctor: Queen Elizabeth I
Vanilla: Rod Serling
Vanilla: The Dude
Vanilla: Ned Flanders
Vanilla: Death
Vanilla: Crow T. Robot
Vanilla: Excel
Miller: Yangus

SCUM

Roleblocker: Khan Noonian Singh
Rolecop: Ash

---

Night 1:

Mr. Miyagi: Investigate Queen Elizabeth I (result: Town).
Queen Elizabeth I: Protect The Dude (fails, roleblocked).
Khan Noonian Singh: Roleblock Queen Elizabeth I (success).
Ash: Kill Rod Serling (success).

Night 2:

Mr. Miyagi: Investigate The Dude (fails, roleblocked).
Queen Elizabeth I: Protect Ash (success).
Khan Noonian Singh: Roleblock Mr. Miyagi (success).
Ash: Kill Queen Elizabeth (success).

Night 3:

Mr. Miyagi: Investigate Crow T. Robot (result: Town).
Khan Noonian Singh: Kill Crow T. Robot (success).

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Anonyrandomafia: Game over (Scum win)
« Reply #365 on: October 29, 2008, 12:30:16 AM »
What the fuck?

Edit: Oh geez Miyagi... that's the worst luck ever...
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 29, 2008, 12:32:48 AM »
Told you my play this time was rubbish! Hey El Cid, post the guesses, too, I wanna know who Khan was so I can call him a right bastard by the right name. :P

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2008, 12:33:46 AM »
Enjoyable game to read here. Bravo to Khan for that scum-game, as well. I suspected you at the end here, but only because I actually knew Miyagi was the Cop and I was very convinced The Dude was Town.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 29, 2008, 12:37:52 AM »
Player lineup:

Ash (Army of Darkness): Hunter Sopko
Crow T. Robot (Mystery Science Theater 3000): Corwin
Death (Discworld): Smodge13
Excel (Excel Saga): EvilTom
Khan Noonian Singh (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khaaaaan): Xanth
Mr. Miyagi (The Karate Kid): Bardiche
Ned Flanders (The Simpsons): Veryslightlymad
Queen Elizabeth I (16th century Britain): Sir Alex
Rod Serling (The Twilight Zone): Kilgamayan
The Dude (The Big Lebowski): Strago
Yangus (Dragon Quest VIII): Excal

As for scores? Not enough people are sending in player guesses, so I'm just gonna go with what I have. If you shot me one or two guesses at a time, I most likely forgot to write it down. These numbers are from people who gave me actual lists. Everyone got a freebie with Ash, of course. >.>

Ciato: 5/11
Tom: 4/10
Corwin: 3/10
Kilga: 2/10
CK: 2/11

General trends:

Almost everyone thought Crow was Carthrat (who wasn't actually in the game--he was going to be Ripper but dropped out at the last minute).
Khan and Miyagi were pretty commonly guessed as Alex.
Queen Elizabeth, Rod Serling, and Ned Flanders were the only people who were not correctly guessed by anyone.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:39:44 AM by El Cideon »

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 29, 2008, 12:41:17 AM »
Khan Noonian Singh (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khaaaaan): Xanth

I'll be shocked and massively impressed if Khan ends up being scum. He's been measured and thoughtful all game, and I just can't point to anything he's done and feel bad about it.

Xanth gets that sentiment, doesn't he? And yet he's now scum 2/3. >_>
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 29, 2008, 12:42:07 AM »

Enjoyable game to read here. Bravo to Khan for that scum-game, as well. I suspected you at the end here, but only because I actually knew Miyagi was the Cop and I was very convinced The Dude was Town.

I kind of just stopped trying come day 4 when it seemed impossible to stumble from the path laid down.

Bardiche

« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2008, 12:44:09 AM »
I was already wondering why I never saw Xanth online anymore and if he would still play Mafia with us.

Xanth, you are a right bastard. I hope you rot in Hell.

;_;

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Anonyrandomafia: On the second day, they dithered.
« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2008, 12:45:30 AM »
Then there's this Excel skirt, or should I say Excal skirt, seems to be callin' herself by two different names if you ask me. 
I wondered if you were the real Excal for picking up my accidental misnomer >.> haha.

Congrats to scum.. 100% roleblock accuracy is very impressive.

And yeah, super bad luck to Bard/Miyagi, we could have really used those investigations :(

I apologise for supercrazywhoa play in the first 1.5 days, I was channelling way too much Excel :D
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 29, 2008, 12:50:45 AM »

So did we! I can smell a cop from a mile away. We were suspecting him at the end of Day 1 and pegged that from the beginning of Day 2 with the insta-vote. The across the board vanilla claim REALLY threw us, though.

All props to Xanth for that performance. And to Miyagi for throwing the game away for town... not sure why town thought the scum would act completely alike, but hey, better for us! Hubris killed town, really. They thought they had us dead to rights with me lurking and Miyagi's behavior mirroring it, and it allowed us to pull this one out.

Hey, I told you Khan was scum.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:52:46 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 29, 2008, 12:52:28 AM »
Wow, goddamn. Good job, Xanth. You kicked our ass all over the place, there. And... damn, Bard. Scummiest-seeming cop ever? Ah well.