imageRegister

Author Topic: Nomic - Turn Twenty Eight (tai sez: omnomnom)  (Read 81115 times)

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
Re: Nomic - Turn Twenty Five
« Reply #800 on: February 04, 2009, 04:13:40 AM »
Voting phase!

Rule 326: Rule 326 - From now on, the name of this game shall be known as OM NOM NOM NOMIC, and the topic title will be changed to reflect this. This rule can also be referred to as "Kilgamayan Fanservice Clause". If rule 327 passes, this topic will gain the "Pretty Soldier OM Sailor NOM NOM NOMIC S".

327. At the start of each discussion phase, a player can opt to do the following.

a. Begin their first post in that particular discussion phase with a magical girl transformation scene. The paragraph used to describe the transformation must be least 50 words long, and also include a speech following the transformation that is at least 30 words long (preferably denouncing some appropriate evildoer or foe). The speech must proclaim the player's magical girl identity, named Sailor ______, where the missing word(s) is to be filled at their discretion.
b. The player cannot re-use the same identity for later discussion phases. Each transformation and speech must be different. He or she also cannot use other players' identities that have already been used.
c. The player's avatar must contain someone or something with a sailor fuku donned, relevant to their chosen identity. This avatar must be present on their initial transformation scene post, and they must retain it until the beginning of the next discussion phase.
d. Every post the player makes in the topic must include a statement at the very end of the post that, without fail, ends with the phrase "in the name of ______, I will punish you!" where the missing word(s) is to be filled at their discretion. The statement must be appropriately humorous and/or relevant to their chosen magical girl identity's agenda for that discussion phase.
e. The player must non-cumulatively post at least 3 times during the discussion phase - that is, a post that follows his or her own post (double posting, etc.) does not count. The initial transformation scene post does not count for this rule.
f. A player who adheres to all of these rules will, at the start of the following discussion phase, gain 25 points.
g. If dispute arises whether a player is adhering to the spirit of the above rules (i.e. are his or her transformation scenes blatantly recycled, is his or her avatar relevant, etc.) at least five non-players may post ##Unmask: PLAYERNAME during the discussion phase, referring to the player in question. If this happens, that player is not eligible to gain the above 25 points even if he or she has followed all of the technical requirements listed above.

WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nomic - Turn Twenty Six
« Reply #801 on: February 06, 2009, 01:35:07 AM »
Rule 326: Rule 326 - From now on, the name of this game shall be known as OM NOM NOM NOMIC, and the topic title will be changed to reflect this. This rule can also be referred to as "Kilgamayan Fanservice Clause". If rule 327 passes, this topic will gain the "Pretty Soldier OM Sailor NOM NOM NOMIC S".

AndrewRogue: Abstained
Carthrat: Nay
EvilTom: Nay
Excal: Nay
Jo'ou Ranbu: Yea
Sopko: Nay
VerySlightlyMad: Nay

Cmdr_King: Yea
Corwin: Nay
Dunefar: Yea
Laggy: Nay
QuietRain: Nay
Kilgamayan: Yea
Talaysen: Nay
SuperAielMan: Yea
Xanth: Yea

This proposal was REJECTED!

327. At the start of each discussion phase, a player can opt to do the following.

a. Begin their first post in that particular discussion phase with a magical girl transformation scene. The paragraph used to describe the transformation must be least 50 words long, and also include a speech following the transformation that is at least 30 words long (preferably denouncing some appropriate evildoer or foe). The speech must proclaim the player's magical girl identity, named Sailor ______, where the missing word(s) is to be filled at their discretion.
b. The player cannot re-use the same identity for later discussion phases. Each transformation and speech must be different. He or she also cannot use other players' identities that have already been used.
c. The player's avatar must contain someone or something with a sailor fuku donned, relevant to their chosen identity. This avatar must be present on their initial transformation scene post, and they must retain it until the beginning of the next discussion phase.
d. Every post the player makes in the topic must include a statement at the very end of the post that, without fail, ends with the phrase "in the name of ______, I will punish you!" where the missing word(s) is to be filled at their discretion. The statement must be appropriately humorous and/or relevant to their chosen magical girl identity's agenda for that discussion phase.
e. The player must non-cumulatively post at least 3 times during the discussion phase - that is, a post that follows his or her own post (double posting, etc.) does not count. The initial transformation scene post does not count for this rule.
f. A player who adheres to all of these rules will, at the start of the following discussion phase, gain 25 points.
g. If dispute arises whether a player is adhering to the spirit of the above rules (i.e. are his or her transformation scenes blatantly recycled, is his or her avatar relevant, etc.) at least five non-players may post ##Unmask: PLAYERNAME during the discussion phase, referring to the player in question. If this happens, that player is not eligible to gain the above 25 points even if he or she has followed all of the technical requirements listed above.

AndrewRogue: Abstained
Carthrat: Nay
EvilTom: Nay
Excal: Yea
Jo'ou Ranbu: Yea
Sopko: Nay
VerySlightlyMad: Nay

Cmdr_King: Yea
Corwin: Nay
Dunefar: Yea
Laggy: Yea
QuietRain: Nay
Talaysen: Nay
Superaielman: Yea
Xanth: Nay

This proposal was REJECTED!

<-->

1. AndrewRogue: -62
2. Carthrat: 96 (Partner: Corwin)
3. EvilTom: 130
4. Excal: 128 (Partner: QuietRain)
5. Jo'ou Ranbu: 105
6. Sopko: 92 (Partner: SirAlex)
7. VerySlightlyMad: 33

Votecount

AndrewRogue: 33
Carthrat:  22
EvilTom: 16
Excal: 23
Jo'ou: 15
Sopko: 16
VerySlightlyMad: 21

Diplomacy

AndrewRogue - Neutral to All
Carthrat -  EvilTom (W), VerySlightlyMad (W) Excal (P), Jo'ou Ranbu (P)
EvilTom -Carthrat (W)
Excal -  Carthrat (P), Jo'ou Ranbu (P), VerySlightlyMad (W)
Jo'ou Ranbu - Carthrat (P), Excal (P), VerySlightlyMad (W)
Sopko - Neutral to All
VerySlightlyMad -Carthrat (W), Excal (W), Jo'ou Ranbu (W)

It is Sopko's turn! Please propose a change to the rules. Your rule-change number is 328.

Hatbot has selected CORWIN to propose a change to the rules! His rule-change number is 329, should he choose to make it.

The mod is going away on a trip starting soon, and probably won't be able to process the voting stage of this proposal for a couple of weeks, putting the game on pause for that time.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:38:08 AM by Carthrat »

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 06, 2009, 01:42:24 AM »
Booooooooooo.

When -I- asked for time off for CHRISTMAS I got denied. You don't get off that easy.

One of you two should make a Rat-punishing proposal. I demand satisfaction.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 06, 2009, 01:59:32 AM »
crymoar lol

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 06, 2009, 02:04:39 AM »
I'll vote yes for pretty much anything anti Rat.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 06, 2009, 02:13:45 AM »
ftr, I wasn't even a player when you made that proposal, so don't take it out on me.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 06, 2009, 04:02:11 AM »
Why did I loe points :(
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 06, 2009, 05:52:20 AM »
For voting with Rat on both proposals.  Given that you're at War with him, that's a cool -10 points, which wasn't made up by voting against how the proposal went.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 06, 2009, 05:54:42 AM »
On a side note, there isn't anything in the rules for dealing with Moderator failure.  I mean, it does say that the game has to go on, but it also says that the moderator needs to enforce the continuance of game.  And unless we appoint someone else Mod, Rat is right.  We're on an enforced break.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 06, 2009, 06:27:54 AM »
I'm just glancing over things and I'm half dead from traveling but I don't see anything in the rules that the votes -have- to go to the Rat for counting. <_<

Veryslightlymad

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 06, 2009, 06:59:16 AM »
Actually, that would make gameplay impossible, and given that my turn is the turn after Sopko's, I guess that would declare me the winner.

Or not. Probably not, MIRITE?

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 06, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »
I think you're right there.  Of course, we still have the issue that if they don't go to Rat, then who do they go to.  This either needs a rule, or a ruling.  Fortunatly, we do have a mechanism for figuring out answers the game needs that aren't covered by the rules.  And fortunatly, this mechanism does not rely on the Rat.

Of course, this is all moot if we get someone else to be the moderator.  I say we get a willing victim and change the game so they're running it.  Maybe Cyril or QR?

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 06, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »
Further play wouldn't be impossible unless I somehow get myself killed, thus removing any chance of returning to, well, resolve things. Let's hope nomic isn't that serious.

Veryslightlymad

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 06, 2009, 01:38:35 PM »
Further play wouldn't be impossible unless I somehow get myself killed, thus removing any chance of returning to, well, resolve things. Let's hope nomic isn't that serious.

SERIOUS BUSINESS.
Visit your loved ones, Rat.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 06, 2009, 02:05:57 PM »
Bring it

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 06, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »
Hmm... three-pronged attack here.

328. A. Allows players to spend 5 points once per turn, during the voting phase. This is bet involves a Hatbot roll of a 1d40-20. The result of which is added to the player's point total.
B. Switches Tom and Andrew's point totals.
C. Changes the name of the game to OM NOM NOM NOMIC.

A basically allows for people to bet 5 points to potentially gain 20. OR potentially lose 20.
B is a fun move that I'm sure we all can get behind.
C hopefully ensures it'll pass<G>

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 06, 2009, 03:50:11 PM »
I'm not going to be against stabbing the player in the lead until I'm that player.

But I don't really want to see Andrew replacing him, frankly.

Gambling is a sucker bet, useful only if you have aroudn 190 points and want to try for a win on the spot.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #817 on: February 06, 2009, 06:06:31 PM »
Of course, this is all moot if we get someone else to be the moderator.  I say we get a willing victim and change the game so they're running it.  Maybe Cyril or QR?

I definately think having an alt mod while Carth is out is a good idea.  However, the LAST person you want it to be is me.  I phails at teh maths.  I will mess up everyones points.   

As for the proposal above.  I voted against the nomnomnomic thing once, I'll do it again.  I don't think Andy should get the lead for inactivity.  And the betting is only marginally of interest to me.  I will be voting nay for this one.  Not hating it to the point I'd spend Excal's votes on it, though.
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 06, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
Not voting for a "shove three rule changes into one" rule.  A rule change should be exactly that, "a" rule change, not three.  No.

Bardiche

« Reply #819 on: February 06, 2009, 07:12:18 PM »
Voting no because I don't want to push Tom back.

Face it, Andrew's inactivity will just cause those high points to plummet again while Tom has basically lost all chance at winning unless he goes for the technicality of winning constitutes first reaching 200 (positive) points, where positive is in brackets so it could be omitted.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 06, 2009, 07:54:37 PM »
Well, we could invoke rule 212 right now due to question of the application of rules 104 and 202 which states that proposals must be voted upon but does not actually state the method of voting.  Then we don't have to actually have a rule pass in order to change the current moderator away from the Rat.  At least that's how I'm reading 212.  As for who would take over, I could do it for a while but will be moving in a couple weeks so I wouldn't want to make it permanent.  So the judge could pick someone else or you could just do this again if you needed to change people again.

As for the current rule... uh, basically what they said.  Don't really like any of those three things. 

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 06, 2009, 08:20:22 PM »
Right now the judge would be Snow, so he'd basically have to rule on whether or not we can oust a non-present moderator, as well as decide how to pick a new one.  Which would be two fairly large bits of precedent that I'd rather have nailed down in stone if at all possible.

I'd also prefer to have something like that than what Soppy presented, which is something amusing, but not likely to ever get used as you've got about 57-60% odds of failing to break even combined with something that is not only wholly punative to Tom, but rewards Andy for not playing.  And the key thing here isn't just that Andy hasn't been playing, it's that when his turn to make a proposal came up, he was fairly prompt about the whole thing, leading to a fairly good suspicion that he's trying to wait things out so he can win a proposal by himself.  And finally, a proposal that failed last time, and that I happily voted against once and will do so again.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 06, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »
328. A. Allows players to spend 5 points once per turn, during the voting phase. This is bet involves a Hatbot roll of a 1d40-15. The result of which is added to the player's point total.
B. Lowers Tom and Excal's point total by 40.
C. Changes the name of the game to OM NOM NOM NOMIC.

More of a leveling the playing field then, and giving better odds on the bet.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 06, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »
Yeah...  that's not really a design choice made to entice me into voting for this thing.  Here's the thing, as of amendment 322, the only person with less points than me was Andy, I've been clawing my way up slowly and steadily since then, and getting hit with a -40 for managing to get into second is a wee bit insulting here.

Bardiche

« Reply #824 on: February 06, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »
Still won't vote in favour of the new proposal.