imageRegister

Author Topic: Nomic - Turn Twenty Eight (tai sez: omnomnom)  (Read 81120 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nomic - Turn Twenty Five
« Reply #775 on: February 02, 2009, 09:40:49 PM »
I'll pass on making a rule.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 02, 2009, 10:15:22 PM »
Oh come on, Snow, you can do better than that.

----

327. At the start of each discussion phase, a player can opt to do the following.

a. Begin their first post in that particular discussion phase with a magical girl transformation scene. The paragraph used to describe the transformation must be least 50 words long, and also include a speech following the transformation that is at least 30 words long (preferably denouncing some appropriate evildoer or foe). The speech must proclaim the player's magical girl identity, named Sailor ______, where the missing word(s) is to be filled at their discretion.
b. The player cannot re-use the same identity for later discussion phases. Each transformation and speech must be different. He or she also cannot use other players' identities that have already been used.
c. The player's avatar must contain someone or something with a sailor fuku donned, relevant to their chosen identity. This avatar must be present on their initial transformation scene post, and they must retain it until the beginning of the next discussion phase.
d. Every post the player makes in the topic must include a statement at the very end of the post that, without fail, ends with the phrase "in the name of ______, I will punish you!" where the missing word(s) is to be filled at their discretion. The statement must be appropriately humorous and/or relevant to their chosen magical girl identity's agenda for that discussion phase.
e. The player must non-cumulatively post at least 3 times during the discussion phase - that is, a post that follows his or her own post (double posting, etc.) does not count. The initial transformation scene post does not count for this rule.
f. A player who adheres to all of these rules will, at the start of the following discussion phase, gain 25 points.
g. If dispute arises whether a player is adhering to the spirit of the above rules (i.e. are his or her transformation scenes blatantly recycled, is his or her avatar relevant, etc.) at least five non-players may post ##Unmask: PLAYERNAME during the discussion phase, referring to the player in question. If this happens, that player is not eligible to gain the above 25 points even if he or she has followed all of the technical requirements listed above.

EDIT: Okay Super sponsoring it works too. Changed rule number.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:23:55 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 02, 2009, 10:19:48 PM »
Hell, I'll swipe that at my rule. That looks like fun to me. Note: I may hate everyone.

327. At the start of each discussion phase, a player can opt to do the following.

a. Begin their first post in that particular discussion phase with a magical girl transformation scene. The paragraph used to describe the transformation must be least 50 words long, and also include a speech following the transformation that is at least 30 words long (preferably denouncing some appropriate evildoer or foe). The speech must proclaim the player's magical girl identity, named Sailor ______, where the missing word(s) is to be filled at their discretion.
b. The player cannot re-use the same identity for later discussion phases. Each transformation and speech must be different. He or she also cannot use other players' identities that have already been used.
c. The player's avatar must contain someone or something with a sailor fuku donned, relevant to their chosen identity. This avatar must be present on their initial transformation scene post, and they must retain it until the beginning of the next discussion phase.
d. Every post the player makes in the topic must include a statement at the very end of the post that, without fail, ends with the phrase "in the name of ______, I will punish you!" where the missing word(s) is to be filled at their discretion. The statement must be appropriately humorous and/or relevant to their chosen magical girl identity's agenda for that discussion phase.
e. The player must non-cumulatively post at least 3 times during the discussion phase - that is, a post that follows his or her own post (double posting, etc.) does not count. The initial transformation scene post does not count for this rule.
f. A player who adheres to all of these rules will, at the start of the following discussion phase, gain 25 points.
g. If dispute arises whether a player is adhering to the spirit of the above rules (i.e. are his or her transformation scenes blatantly recycled, is his or her avatar relevant, etc.) at least five non-players may post ##Unmask: PLAYERNAME during the discussion phase, referring to the player in question. If this happens, that player is not eligible to gain the above 25 points even if he or she has followed all of the technical requirements listed above.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:11:47 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Bardiche

« Reply #778 on: February 02, 2009, 11:01:38 PM »
TOTAL SUPPORT

n-factorial

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 02, 2009, 11:07:59 PM »

i'm speechless. not sure if that's the worst or the best proposal thus far.

this being said, since i also have everyone, this joint laggy/super proposal earns my vote.

i am slightly concerned about the accelerateing points of certain members, but that's irrelevant as of now.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 02, 2009, 11:20:22 PM »
...  I am so very, very down with that.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 03, 2009, 12:24:27 AM »
Pretty Soldier Sailor Om Nom Nomic? I'm fucking in.

Also, this requires a small adjustment on my part for my own pointless ruling:

Rule 326: Rule 326 - From now on, the name of this game shall be known as OM NOM NOM NOMIC, and the topic title will be changed to reflect this. This rule can also be referred to as "Kilgamayan Fanservice Clause". If rule 327 passes, this topic will gain the "Pretty Soldier OM Sailor NOM NOM NOMIC S".

=======================

what.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 02:07:55 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 03, 2009, 12:51:22 AM »
no you will not make me change the topic that much, pick a name and stick with it :(

OTHERWISE

I like it. o-o
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 03, 2009, 01:00:10 AM »
Yeah, just changing the title to "Pretty Soldier Sailor OM NOM NOM NOMIC" should be enough. Don't need to do the back and forths.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 03, 2009, 01:08:31 AM »
re: n-factorial

This game is 32 pages right now. I'm fine with having it accelerate a bit faster to potential victory. You know people are just going to start throwing up proposals to stall players in lead from winning anyway, so let's just see how it goes with it.

Though 25 was a totally arbitrary number, I would really not care what it was. Has to be enough to make people humiliate themselves though. >_>
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 03, 2009, 01:10:12 AM »
Laggy, this IS the DL crowd we're talking about. It doesn't take much to get us to make fun of ourselves, even in completely off the wall ways like that.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

n-factorial

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 03, 2009, 01:17:26 AM »
re: n-factorial

This game is 32 pages right now. I'm fine with having it accelerate a bit faster to potential victory. You know people are just going to start throwing up proposals to stall players in lead from winning anyway, so let's just see how it goes with it.

Though 25 was a totally arbitrary number, I would really not care what it was. Has to be enough to make people humiliate themselves though. >_>

fair enough

on reflection my main worry with the close-to-victory thing isn't an issue, and if it is i just break carthrat's knees in or something (since it isn't relevant until after the game ends), so i'll just bring it up once the game's over.

this being said, looking through the rules, i'm wondering if most the entire game thus far has been in violation of them.

the reason why shall be left as an exercise to the reader.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 03, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »
It is pretty close.

You know what I'd vote for? With all my strength?

I'd vote for 309 being repealed or amended so people can't spam voting 'no' to win points.

n-factorial

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 03, 2009, 01:25:38 AM »
quick calculation shows that depending on rule interpretations, we are either safe until next round (in which case the next player to propose a rule wins) or we already should have a winner, based on the rules. attempting to determine who that winner would be. hold on.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 03, 2009, 01:26:23 AM »
I'd suggest amending it so that the person in the lead (or top two, three) wouldn't get points via it if anything. It's still an interesting mechanic unto itself.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 03, 2009, 01:28:55 AM »
Oddly enough, already been voted down once.  Though, it was a part of my megabundle that got fried.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 03, 2009, 01:30:26 AM »
I'd spend like 10 votes on it at this point.

By the way, there are 23 mutable rules right now. There's a max of 25. So. Yeah.

n-factorial

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 03, 2009, 01:32:21 AM »
so amended rules do not count as mutable rules? okay, that rules out the main issue I saw.

and looking at the rules, the other issue I saw that would make this relevant doesn't matter.

fin: n-factorial being doomsday prophet (even when rules cap, because amended/repealed rules don't count, actions are still feasible)

EDIT: granted, you still need to repeal rules so that amendments can be applied.

guess sopko has obv. points.

EDIT 2: also, if they did count as mutable rules despite having been amended, VSM would have been the winner (first person to not be able to complete a legal action). just a fyi. (rule 320 I think this was? may have miscounted.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 01:39:24 AM by n-factorial »

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 03, 2009, 01:40:20 AM »
They're not really in play after you amend, I just leave them there for posterity.

n-factorial

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 03, 2009, 01:42:40 AM »
Right. had they been, neither amending nor repealing a rule would have been permissible.

your statement is implicitly supported by rule 108, so that checks out. okay.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 04, 2009, 12:44:54 AM »
As cool as the pretty princess ruling is, btw, I'm probably going to be forced to vote against it just to prevent Dread Thomas from winning very quickly.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 04, 2009, 12:49:20 AM »
Add "When this rule comes into play, EvilTom loses 50 points" if you like.

I'm not sure he'll notice, frankly.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 04, 2009, 12:54:59 AM »
You're just jealous.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 04, 2009, 01:20:49 AM »
And obviously, if you put in such a discriminatory clause, I will vote against it with fury and a volley of votes.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 04, 2009, 01:31:57 AM »
That makes it win/win~