Author Topic: My-Hime Mafia  (Read 58121 times)

Kiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: My-Hime Mafia
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »
Heh, where are all of you guys? Europe? This topic sees crazy action as I'm getting ready for bed (Los Angeles, USA).

I wasn't attacked last night.

To review El-Cideon's case about Sopko and Xanth:
-His stated reason for unvoting Xanth is obviously bunk because he's scum and lying is his job, so what does this leave us with? Scenario A) Sopko wanted to avoid being seen helping to kill a townie (if Xanth is town). I find this unlikely; Sopko had not invested a great deal of text in the case against Xanth (his vote on Xanth, way back on page one, had only a sentence to justify it; I believe it was just a placeholder vote that Soppy could use to make himself look active while waiting for a good train to hop on) and probably wouldn't have gained much townie cred from backing off. Scenario B) Sopko, apparently not a suspect himself at that time, decided to take a risk in order to save a scumbuddy and direct attention towards someone else. The latter part of that plan, of course, got waylaid by the case against Soppy himself.

Scenario A: That supposes Xanth is town. Assuming it is and with Xanth being at L-1, was Sopko that unsure of how he looked that he decided to back off and encourage discussion to look more Townie? If so, it was a grave miscalculation.

Scenario B: That supposes Xanth is scum. Entirely possible, but it didn't go anywhere. Xanth had made his case and believed people would consider him to unvote him, hence he didn't roleclaim. Sopko was the first one to unvote and probably hoped others would follow. Except they jumped on Sopko. Also a grave miscalculation given he's the Godfather.

My conclusion is that in the end, it works either way. I think the focus has to be more on what Xanth did in this case, as Affinity first pointed out.
##Unvote Affinity by the way for showing up.

About Tom: He's eager to get Xanth lynched, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. I wouldn't call the Xanth, Xanth, Xanth thing a scumtell either. I agree with Kilga that Tom didn't hint at "Oh yeah scum totally bussed their godfather to save Xanth." The issue is that it was not a bus in their favor. Scum would be forced to bus in that instance and they would do it to save face.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2008, 09:04:22 AM »
Okay, game's moving in a very odd direction.  I've been pondering over whether or not to do this, it's a little early in the game, but...  the payoff should be worth it if we can hit a second scum today.

I am a Cop.  I investigated Dread Thomas last night, and he came up scum.

Hopefully with this in hand you can all see where I'm coming from today and why I think Xanth is almost certainly town.  Nuff said.

14 players probably means three scum.  One is down already, and killing is mandatory, so if we take the second out today the third should be forced to kill and forgo any other night action they may have.  I think this is an important goal, since it is very likely scum have a roleblocker given we have a cop and something that stopped a kill.  Scum-Tom knows I wish him ill and I'd be a big candidate for roleblocking, or they may figure out who or what stopped their kill, etc.  I consider this important enough to outweigh the obvious drawbacks of my early claim.

So.  Can I interest you all in lynching Dread Thomas now?

----

Re Andrew's query, I didn't move off Xanth because I thought there was something legitimately fishy about Xanth/Tom.  Xanth took very questionable stances, really didn't give me any reason to unvote him, but also made good points on Tom (which is why I chose him to investigate).  Sopko was, as I said, a shot in the dark runner up pick and at that time I didn't feel moving to him was warranted.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »
You can certainly interest me, Alex.  Especially since I'm not entirely sure where the upside is for you to be lying in all this.  Except that there is one small flaw that still catches my eye.  What if you're insane, or just make the claim if it turns out Tom is Town.  So, while I am interested in this dichotomy, I think that it should not be our priority at present.

I think finding out what happened last night should be a priority, however.  Namely, is our guardian angel a roleblocker, or one of the defensive roles?  That answer is decisive, I feel.

As of right now, six of us have claimed we were not the target, three of us have posted since the idea was brought up without claiming with two of them being in depth posts as opposed to mere I'm here now posts.  And three have yet to have the chance to respond.  So I'm calling all six out, now.  This is something which is very much in the interest of Town to answer.  Anyways, here is the list.

Claimed
Kilga
Tom
Alex
Excal
Bard
Kiro

Not Claimed
Strago
Xanth
Affinity (*)
Corwin (*)
El-Cid
Andrew (*)

Affinity

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2008, 09:47:38 AM »
No, I wasn't attacked last night, I guess.  Just a short post for the moment.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2008, 09:52:55 AM »
Well, that kinda throws a kink into my entire scheduling discussion. Unfortunate.

##Unvote: Alex

Can't really ignore such a claim now, can we? While there are a lot of factors at work here, I certainly don't see the idea of pressing a lynch train on a claimed cop at the moment as a particularly good idea. So let's figure out what we're gonna do now.

Beyond that, I figured not saying I was the target was a clear answer. To make it perfectly clear though. I was not the target last night.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Steamboat Radiation Microphone
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2008, 10:10:20 AM »
Just up now. I see a lot to respond to that'll take me time to get through, but for now I can confirm that go figure I have not been told of an attempt on my life last night.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2008, 10:16:43 AM »
Alright, just Strago, Corwin, and El-Cid left.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »
What if you're insane, or just make the claim if it turns out Tom is Town.  So, while I am interested in this dichotomy, I think that it should not be our priority at present.

If I am insane (or paranoid) I would much rather discover that fact as soon as possible.  Worst case scenario is we end up mislynching both Tom and myself, and while that is bad I would rather it happen now than have it come up later in the game.  I claimed now because heck, I have a scum result in hand, the benefits if I'm sane definitely outweigh the risks.  I do not see any reason to ignore this, since if I am sane Tom is scum and if I am not we need to find that fact out, ignoring it does no good.

I'm pretty sure I'm sane though because of how Tom has behaved.  I would almost certainly be on his case today even if I was vanilla.  Read Xanth's callout post on him day 1, it's 100% right and his "Xanth, Xanth, Xanth" pressure today reinforces the case.

I think finding out what happened last night should be a priority, however.  Namely, is our guardian angel a roleblocker, or one of the defensive roles?  That answer is decisive, I feel.

I think there is no protown reason whatsoever to want to find this out as it cannot lead to catching scum unless there is a town roleblocker AND not a town doctor AND we can somehow ascertain that one and not the other was the reason for the lack of kill.

Both of these statements combined make me very VERY wary of Excal as they give me a sense of possible panicked scum damage control.  But be that as it may, the guy what investigated as scum comes first.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »
Alex is either insane or scum, and I'm leaning heavily towards scum.

Kilga was calling out Alex for his lies (yes, Alex lied about what I said). [1]
Excal was looking at Alex for his scummy polarization. [2]
Andrew finds a major crack in Alex's armour - basically amounting to another lie. [3]
A train starts forming on him, and all of a sudden he pulls out a cop claim.

If that isn't isn't an attempt to sweep all of the above under the rug temporarily, then I don't know what is.

If I'm lynched and flip town, he'll just shrug and say "oh I'm insane" and then be 'roleblocked' for the rest of the game ("I think this is an important goal, since it is very likely scum have a roleblocker given we have a cop.....  I consider this important enough to outweigh the obvious drawbacks of my early claim"). He's already set it up for himself. [4]

<->

If we lynch Alex today, I'll either be confirmed town, or confirmed scum. If you lynch me, when I flip town you'll have to lynch him tomorrow, because that's the only way to find out whether or not he's lying.

Anyway I'm pretty sure Alex is scum rather than insane, if you look at all the evidence listed above.

##Unvote;
##Vote: Alex

It's clear that lynching Alex is the only way forward now.

[1] http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg42439#msg42439
[2] http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg42443#msg42443
[3] http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg42448#msg42448
[4] http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg42459#msg42459

Will answer ninjas in a sec.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Jelly Invader Oboe
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2008, 10:32:47 AM »
Cop (Sane, Insane)

Alex: if you are a cop, you fortunately cannot be paranoid, as the semi-open set up assures us.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2008, 10:34:15 AM »
Read Xanth's callout post on him day 1, it's 100% right and his "Xanth, Xanth, Xanth" pressure today reinforces the case.
This is roughly the third time you've said "Xanth is 100% right about EvilTom being scum".

Exaclty how is this evidence? Or even influential? It's rubbish, and you keep doing it.

You can't just say "Person X's statements are 100% truth". Xanth could be wrong, or scum.

This is extremely dodgy behaviour. Your list of dodgyness grows and grows.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2008, 10:35:03 AM »
Day 2 votecount!

Affinity (0): Kiro
Kiro (0): AndrewRogue
Xanth (1): El Cideon, DreadThomas
DreadThomas (1): Sir Alex
SirAlex (1): AndrewRogue, Dread Thomas

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. About 37 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:39:49 AM by Carthrat »
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2008, 10:40:08 AM »
Votecount needs to be fixed.

For clarification, I mean it's rubbish to just say "Person X is 100% correct about person y being scum". At least point to specific points and/or evidence.

Bardiche

« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2008, 10:44:50 AM »
Skimming through while at uni. Very quick thoughts, since I obviously don't have the time to write out terribly long posts.

- Alex copclaim. Very interesting. Mrf. Need to think on it a little, opinions forthcoming.
- Xanth against my posting style. I can agree with it to some extend, but I honestly tried to give my opinion where I could. Just didn't have much to say yet. I don't foresee such problems with my next real post.
- Nailing Sopko as Godfather massive town cred for the case builder? Skimmed so not sure what it's all about, need to give it more attention (and I will).
- No Nightkill? Awesome. Thanks to whoever guarded whoever.
- El Cid misunderstanding. Terribly my apologies, I had a bad day and misinterpreted. Will not happen again.

Now that I have those out I should flee because of time issues. I'll definitely post more thoughts later on when I get home, assuming we'll have the internets still. My trust in my ISP has been damaged mortally.

Ninja'd:
- Anti-Alex sentiments. Mrf. Bumps the Alex case to my first priority when I get back. Skimmed too much to form a definite opinion right now.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
I'm surprised you didn't catch it Alex, but there is a way.  And it's fairly simple, at least for me.  I'm sure you'll agree when I explain it all, as should everyone else.  But, for it to work, I need everyone on record before I start explaining.

As for the issue of whether or not you're Sane or Insane, you do need to recall that the rest of us also need to decide if you're scum as well.  It's a decision I'd like to think about for a bit, at least until I know exactly which questions to ask, and what hints to look for.  That said, I will give you this.  You have done a wonderful job of shattering my little scenario earlier, so at present I'm more inclined to vote Tom than anyone else.  Mostly because we have a definate record on you that you need to stick to, and because the timing works better to Town than to Scum.  But, like I said, I'm still running all the variables through my head.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2008, 11:20:13 AM »
I'm referring back to Xanth's post because he said it better than I could have.  He made statements regarding Tom's lack of reasoning and "hideous misrepresentation," they are true. http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg42185#msg42185 if you really need them repeated.

There is also the fact that the lynch train turned around from Xanth to the freakin' scum godfather in late day 1, which by itself is reasonably solid evidence that Xanth is probably town and pushing his lynch today is really weird.  Especially from one of the two people to be on Xanth and not Soppy day 1 (though admittedly timezones can account for that).

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2008, 11:30:12 AM »
Good lord, you people were busy overnight. Only had time to skim through things and have to get ready for work in a couple minutes. Will have a more substantial post once I get there, but for now will address a couple things quickly.

El Cid, I'm very curious about that statement.  Sopko made no mention of anyone else, nor did he sound displeased with the Xanth train at all.  In fact, after he started going down in flames, he tried to defend Xanth, but did not attack anyone else.  What exactly gave you that impression?  Who was Sopko trying to get lynched, and how?

That's the main flaw in the theory, yes, and something I can't really answer. The assumption was that Sopkotrain happened before he could go after someone else, but this is admittedly undermined by the simple fact of him not making a new case within the same post as the unvote.

~

Since this seems to be the object of some speculation: I was attacked last night. Not specifying why I'm still alive.

Alex copclaim is enough for an unvote on my part. Day two fakeclaim is not a good gambit for scum, so I think it's likely he's telling the truth. Likely enough for me to take a chance on his judgement, at least.

##Unvote: Xanth

Gotta get moving now, will read in-depth and talk more when I get to work. Would still like to see a response from Xanth regarding the posts of his that I quoted and underlined.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Graph Tree Runner
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2008, 11:37:21 AM »
Xanth: first you said you were on Kilga's side. Then you said Kilga didn't have a side. That was the odd contradiction.

Big inconsistency right here, people. Check the end of Tom's post here for where he claims I've contradicted myself. You'll note that not only does the quotation in question have nothing to do with Kilga, the post where I say that 'Kilga had no side', but this second quote he's now using to justify this contradition comes after the post where he claims there's a contradition. In fact, it was in the same post where I respond to that claim. Try again.

Calling it a 'big inconsistency' is rather dubious due to the fact that I genuinely believed that you made a contradiction there and I would have made that point if I was around. Also, note the contrast between how Tom said what he wanted to say and how Xanth did.

I think you're misreading something, because there really is a big inconsistency there for precisely the reason I outlined there. Want a timeline to make it clearer?

1: Xanth post here.
2: Xanth post here.
3: Tom post here, in which he claims a contradiction in 2. Note that the quoted section is on metagaming.
4: Xanth post here, in which I respond to 3.
5: Tom post here, in which he quotes a combination of 1 and 4 as a contradiction about Kilga. Not only has the contradiction changed content, there's a time warp in which post 3 apparently predicted post 4.

Even if you try and somehow worm the initial claim into somehow referring to the initial Tom versus Kilga thing, there is absolutely no way it ties in with:

Xanth: first you said you were on Kilga's side. Then you said Kilga didn't have a side. That was the odd contradiction.

From post 5, because that inherently relies on post 4, which didn't exist at the time of post 3.

Also, I've managed to lose who was asking me about this, but someone was doubting my pursuit of Tom for arbitrarily calling walls of text on me. Can I please make it as clear as possible that during his initial argument on me, amongst other claims that my shorter posts were walls of text, that he directly called two lines of text 'walls of text'. Here: (emphasis my own)

Please explain. Are you on Kilga's side? What is Kilga's side? From what perspective are you against me, or are you simply against me for the sake of having a stance against me? You've provided no justification other than.. more walls of text and referencing Strago (which doesn't say anything either).

Refers to the following and only the following:

I'm more on Kilgamayan's side than Tom's in that little fray, partially for Strago's reservations and also because Tom's joke argument is [unsurprisingly] incorrect. Well, I'm not really on Kilga's side so much as I'm against randomly firing him into the lead so soon.

He even quoted the entirety of it and wrote more in reply to it. This is an absolutely ridiculous misrepresentation, and I dislike having to wave at this stuff again to get attention on it.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2008, 11:40:38 AM »
Aaaaaaaand...  crap.

I was honestly hoping that we'd go around and no one would claim they were attacked.  The logic being that if no one was attacked, then only a role blocker could have stopped it from ever happening in the first place.  And that would mean that we'd have a town-aligned roleblocker with a 100% proven scum caught red handed.

Instead we've got a scenario which means we've either got a good defender, or a good rolecop and El-Cid is a lying scum to cover the fact that someone got caught dead to rights.  Sadly, I've been mulling this over for a while now, and so far as I can tell the only worth in speculating on this development is if there's not much going on elsewhere.

So, that means my big hope for a sanity free development is shot, but, we do have Alex/Tom.

So...  I'm gonna ponder that, get some sleep, and hopefully know what I'm looking for tomorrow.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2008, 12:14:12 PM »
I doubt very much that El Cid is lying; he'd be risking a lot, and the roleblocker could oust him easily. Also El Cid is in prime position, having killed the Godfather. Such a risk would be stupid and needless.

No, I'm prepared to call El Cid 99% confirmed town.

Hmm. Thoughts - on the chance that Xanth is town, and Alex is insane, I'd look at Corwin. Because I haven't before. Because he's been so damn quiet.
And a bright new day is upon us~

I'm still catching up, and only on my first cup of tea so far. It might take a bit before I catch up fully, but that's why you learn to delegate, isn't it?

In the meantime, a brief response to Cid. I'm sorry that I can't point out to specifics about a feeling I can't even phrase right. I wonder why a mechanical student would be so concerned over it, though.
That's... a very long cup of tea. Over 4 hours.

Actually, seeing that almost makes me want to unvote Alex and vote Corwin. Textbook scum. Argh.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Touch Reward Button
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2008, 01:04:56 PM »
I was apparently wrong not to doubt Sopko more, but I didn't want my opinion to sink into just 'there's no helping it, it's him or me'.

I'm forced to ask "Why?" in response to the sentence I've underlined. Self-preservation in such situations is a wholly understandable motivation for a townie. We generally don't automatically suspect someone for being ready "to vote for someone not me" (since the only thing a townie knows for sure is that he is in fact a townie), so I'm forced to question your claim that this is why you didn't vote for Sopko. And I'll echo Kiro's comment that "pinning yourself to a stance you didn't have before is relatively pointless." You didn't express enthusiasm or significant support for his lynching until we'd nearly nailed the coffin shut.

I was always willing to save my own skin (short of, perhaps, something like a doc claim), and I knew that people wouldn't dislike me for that. As you've quoted, I didn't want it to just be about the self-preservation. Especially had it ended up being me and not him (not particularly clear until Kilga?), I didn't want my final hours to be 'pick Sopko because it isn't me' when I had other opinions.

I didn't want to vote Sopko much earlier on for fear of Sopko being justified dropping his vote back on me (which he could have done anyway, I know), resulting in a) me being miles out ahead and perhaps unrecoverable again and/or (depending on the time of day) b) definitely turning it into the specific two horse race it became when I'd have wanted it elsewhere (yes, b) doesn't clarify alignment).

So yes, me versus Sopko sees/saw me supporting a Sopko lynch, but whilst I did think poorly of him (and more poorly when he went silent when he started going under), I didn't think he was the worst. And in no uncertain terms can I say that my underline in your quote was never a reason for me to consider not voting for him.

I'll vote to save my own skin if I have to, but I'd rather the attention was on Tom (can't answer before deadline, I know). I can't say I'd be against lynching Sopko, but would still put him behind Affinity for the obvious and probably also Bardiche for the aforementioned style. I'd prefer he talked about more, but I've felt that Sopko's been fairly incisive in his points on me.

Again, I wish to direct attention to the underlined sentence. What about Affinity made him such an obvious choice at the time? Affinity is one of the least active posters in this game, but he was on a par with Sopko at that time and did not have a notably lower level of contribution to discussion (remember, all Sopko had when people started poking at him was a couple one-liners; it's not hard to beat that). This comment of yours is even more puzzling given that there was no noteworthy case on Affinity making the rounds at the time (the only vote he'd received was a jokevote from Bard). I just scanned through the entire topic, and you yourself had never once mentioned him before touting him as an "obvious" alternative to Sopko. So what made him such a clear candidate all of a sudden?

As a quick aside, note that in that quote you've taken there I made my position on the previous point clear - that I'd vote to save myself if need be, but would rather take the train elsewhere, namely Tom (I know the second half still doesn't help given the flip, but the first half clarifies that I wasn't against self-preservation as a motive, I hope).

a) the 'obvious' alternative to Sopko was Tom, not Affinity.
b) the 'obvious' reason on Affinity was that he'd been completely absent since page 2 and all but entirely forgotten.
c) you've misquoted 'obvious' from my quote to mean a) rather than b).
d) people were claiming lurking as the main case against Sopko. Whilst I could see where they were coming from I saw it as being no worse than Affinity or Bardiche. I can't help but disagree with the point saying that Affinity had done more than Sopko at that point.
e) no comment on Affinity before then because there was nothing disagreeable until time made it more clear that there was just nothing.
f) not to get too far into WIFOM or anything, but precisely given that there was no strong backing on Affinity makes it an odd choice for a deflection, unless you think it really was that desperate.

In summation, Affinity didn't become attention-worthy until his contributions had fell off the map for some time, and the comparison to Sopko was mostly of the 'here are people I think Sopko is less bad than' flavour - it had always been Tom that I wanted the pressure on instead.

I'm not sure why you're only concerned with the Affinity half and not the Bardiche half there, anyhow.

Do you want me to respond to any of the rest of it? I'm not sure I can do much else than go 'that's not true, because I'm town' at it, especially when it gets into WIFOM.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Gear Bride Correct
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »
El Cid: on lurking: Sopko versus Affinity, the post you quote was shortly after Sopko's last actual attempt of the day here (just spotted the timing and order of the posts again now), which did, admittedly, remind me of Affinity's existence in the first place. While I'm not calling Sopko's statements great town play or anything, I'm not sure why you're so convinced that Affinity was better than Sopko on this front at that point.

I have to admit that I don't understand Alex's angle that Sopko being scum means that I'm probably not. I get the bit where Sopko and Tom being scum favours me, but not by the lone flip on Sopko.

Tom: care to respond to... anything I've asked of you since you disappeared for the back half of day one? I didn't jump out at you at the start of today because my case on you stood from this post here, which you'd had no time to respond to it as of my first post of day two. But you've now been on plenty, have apparently read and caught up on anything, and totally ignored my queries on you.

You [Alex] can't just say "Person X's statements are 100% truth". Xanth could be wrong, or scum.

Not when my statements are, you know, true. 'I think A means B' could be wrong, but 'A has done B' is true when, you know, A has done B. If you're going to argue against my points then please actually argue against my points. Don't just pretend it's conjecture.

I don't think I have anything to answer to you at the moment, given your case on me today is via El Cid's stuff and 'hell yeah, WIFOM'.

I'd be doing this even without someone claiming a cop investigation against him, so:
##Vote: Tom

Your initial argument of 'you should lynch the cop claim because at least that way you'll know whether I'm town or not' does not help. Also, more irony in attacking Alex for backing my argument 100% when you have just pointed at El Cid's in the same manner. Same for insisting Alex answer to El Cid when you haven't touched my stuff.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2008, 02:20:03 PM »
Oof, massive activity last night. Craziness. Working on formulating some coherent thoughts while I burn through a new box of tissues every five minutes.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Gear Bride Correct
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »
Also, more irony in attacking Alex for backing my argument 100% when you have just pointed at El Cid's in the same manner. Same for insisting Alex answer to El Cid when you haven't touched my stuff.
I said I agree with El Cid. I've never said "El Cid is 100% correct so hurry up and lynch Xanth". There is a big difference. Alex is doing the latter.

Not when my statements are, you know, true. 'I think A means B' could be wrong, but 'A has done B' is true when, you know, A has done B. If you're going to argue against my points then please actually argue against my points. Don't just pretend it's conjecture.
Alex never references your points. He vaguely points at your posts and says "See, Xanth is right, lynch EvilTom". He doesn't reference your points, their merits or any justifications. I'm not arguing your points when I complain about Alex's bullshit.

I'm not sure exactly what questions you've asked me that I'm supposed to answer. If you're direct about your concerns, I'll be happy to address them.
I wonder, do you actually care what I say though, Xanth? It looks like you're fairly dead-set on lynching me no matter what.

Oh, and, Corwin has been 'catching up on the thread before he can post' for way too long.
##Unvote;
##Vote: Corwin
Yes I'm aware Alex has insane/fakeclaimed cop against me. Doesn't mean lurkers get a free pass.
Bed for me now.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »
Many of Kilga's posts tend to go along the lines of "I was going to do X, but I will consider what is the safest route for me and go for that." or "I was going to post that! Honest! But I only said this now after Person Y said this thing." But not all of them, and he seems to get better as day 2 continues.

Anyway, that speaks for itself. What else... I do buy into the Xanth case to a degree. Sopko could well have been trying to divert votes from Xanth, and things merely didn't go the way he hoped. The way Xanth didn't try to pursue the case of 'anyone not myself' even to save himself when it seemed like the only option feels weird. Excal offers an alternate explanation, but I'm not sure I buy it. I do acknowledge it's possible.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg42448#msg42448
Andrew, I don't believe we have four scum. Do you? Also, you unvote Kiro, one of your potential scum, and go for Alex instead (also in your list, naturally). What has me confused is that you go 'fair enough, for the moment' to Kiro, and I'm unsure why Kiro saying he expected to take heat for it reasonably absolves him for you.

Still. Cop claim from Alex, and a guilty verdict on Tom. That pretty much means focusing on anyone outside those two is foolish.

This is a semi-open setup, and cops can be either sane or insane. Both are 100% accurate once their alignment is known. Therefore, should we should lynch Tom, the results could be:
(a) Tom is scum!
(b) Tom is town, and we choose whether to believe Alex the next day or not. Either we'll confirm his alignment as a cop, or we'll get our second scum.
(c) There is a Framer! But on Tom, night one? I don't know.

(Or Alex lies. He could be! But given every single post from anyone could contain lies, this is pretty much redundant to point out, I feel.)

There is one reason to vote Tom over Alex. Tom has been pursuing Xanth pretty zealously. If Tom were to flip scum, that would give me the confidence Alex has that Xanth is town. Alex's flip, however, wouldn't really tell me anything about people not Tom.

And yet!

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg42473#msg42473
Tom's argument is correct! Alex's flip does tell us things about Tom, given we get full details on a flip.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg42472#msg42472
Alex, once again. I looked back at his post here because something kept nagging at me. From the first post in the game, cops are listed as Sane or Insane. I certainly paid attention to that part of the thread once a claim got tossed up into the air.

So why is Alex going
If I am insane (or paranoid) I would much rather discover that fact as soon as possible.

Alex, are you trying to tell us that you haven't even checked what the possibilities of your role might entail, given the semi-openness of the setup?

I also wonder why I only see Xanth comment on it.

Anyway! Tom flipping tells us more. But Alex is the more suspicious of the two to me.

So far, I only managed to get caught up till Cid's post claiming the kill was on him. Skimming ahead shows that Tom sucks lots, but I still see no explanation from Alex despite Xanth raising the issue I'm also commenting here, and having posted in that time.

##Vote: Alex

I see no chance of catching up entirely until I'm home, apologies. Still, better have my mostly-informed stance out there.

P.S.
Yes, I'll address Natsuki's issues with me in due time. Honestly, I wasn't stalking anyone nor was there any wrong touching~