Author Topic: DLCon 4: New Jersey...again...(aka MeepleCon!)  (Read 27011 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: DLCon 4: New Jersey...again...(aka MeepleCon!)
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 07:48:05 AM »
And that, my good men, is why Niu is not safe for childhood.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2009, 01:22:20 PM »
Of all the things Niu says that I wouldn't want a small child to hear, that's pretty much at the bottom of the list.
I don't know--I mean, I'm kinda assuming Kier doesn't know the definition of words like "shota-bait", and Niu talks fast enough with enough technical SRW jargon that anyone trying to listen to him tends to be figuring out the next sentence before they can worry about not understanding something from the previous sentence.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2009, 09:14:19 PM »
Honestly, Niu's pretty easy to ignore in real life.  It's not that he says anything less than he would online, it's just that he's quiet enough in real life that background noise can drown him out.

Oh!  Yeah.  Well, assuming nothing goes horribly, horribly wrong in the months between now and then, I'm likely going to make it.  Hooray jobs.  Not Steve Jobs, that guy is a dick.  But Jobs.  Jobs O'Houllihan, the groundskeeper at the cemetery.  What an awesome guy it takes, to let someone just rob graves without the police getting called.  I've made $500 in the black market alone!

What was I saying?  Oh, yeah.  Grave robbing.  You'd be amazed what valuables people just bury themselves with.  Backless tuxedos are a pricey item.

EDIT:  ...Mm.  You might want to keep the children away from me, too. Not because of corruption or anything like that, but because I don't want any little punks growing up and horning in on my bread and butter.  Get your own scheme, twerps.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:18:24 PM by Zenthor »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2009, 06:33:11 AM »
Well, the con is now close enough that I can confirm without worry. Plane ticket is soon to be purchased and I don't see any problems with flying into Newark.

I've asked for the time off and it's pending approval, but it's far enough in advance that I don't think there's any possible reason why they would deny it to me.

-DJ

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2009, 05:53:50 PM »
I am pretty sure I can go now, as long as there are no accidents.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 02:47:54 AM »
Make it a probably for me.

Not sure, buisiness has been bad(hideous) lately, but bus trip is like 130$ according to Greyhound's site. If it's like that by the time I go, it's possible I could be able to come regardless of what else happens, just by scrimping money up until I go.

Also it's eight hours shorter and has less transfers. (The latter matters less, the definition of transfer by bus standards is pretty retarded, but what the hell, it's indicative!)

Oh, and dogs are one of the(sometimes feels like relatively few) things I'm not allergic to. Mold? Pollen? Dust? Hell yes. Sudden temperature changes? Yup. Dogs? Nope. Cats? Nope. Go figure.

Well, that or I'm just a lot less allergic to them, I sometimes struggle to tell...
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Taishyr

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 02:50:50 AM »
Sliding down into possible territory. I've got one other travel plan that, frankly, takes precedence over this, as fun as I anticipate both will/would be. Add that to the family situation, and... yeah. Fun times. So. Hopefully I can make both work, but I'm not going to stress out if I have to bow out of this one.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2009, 01:19:43 AM »
I figure random shots of my house couldn't hurt.  These are the rooms that people will generally be allowed access in, and it helps give you an idea of how big stuff is.  Not perfect, though, people who have actually been here can help say how things look or something.

Also, behold me REALLY AWFUL PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS!  Note that a lot of these rooms are bigger than they look; its just I suck at taking pictures cause of lack of experience (I only now just got my first digital camera <_<.)

My room.  In general, we won't be spending much time here.  Just the place where my PS2 and Computer are.  Yes, it looks kind of messy, and there are printers on the floor...I'm not gonna get into why.  They should be gone by the con.  Just thought I'd toss it up there for people curious

(and yes, that big picture is the same one super mocked me for)

The Family Room.  This will be a secondary place of hanging out (primary will be the basement.)  Yes, that's a large TV over.  Basically, that big purple thing is a catch that goes around the room, and...yeah.   The one hitch is that my parents said if they want to use this room, we pretty much have to get out, hence why its secondary...well, that and its A LOT SMALLER than the basement.

Thinking this would be a good spot to go for nongaming purposes, honestly.  Well, there IS a bumper pool table here, but I don't expect that to get used much (we almost never use it <_< )

The Conservatory!  This place is pretty much gonna be a pure "Hang OUt" spot.  There's nothing here but chairs, and possible place for refreshments...so yeah, probably ideal if you just want to sit around and talk to others.  Its located right next to the family room, mind.

Kitchen.  Don't really have much else to say, its a kitchen.  If you're wondering, that's a Soft Ice Cream maker on the counter...my mother tends to have an obsession with getting useless infomercial gadgets like that <_<;

Basement! This is the primary place we'll be hanging out.  Its isolated enough from the rest of the house to not bother people with random things like the constant beatings of super as he tries to force us to watch XS3 Disc 2.  That's a big TV over there, where the Wii is hooked up.  There's enough room for at least 3 more systems in this room alone, I believe.  If I clean up one of the rooms some, there might be room for another system hooked up in a side room.

First off, ignore the little girl in that picture.  And if you're OK, you WILL FORGET ABOUT HER NOW OR I WILL KILL YOU (yes, that's my little sister; she happened to be playing the Wii now.)

Anyway, basement from the otherside of the room.  Yeah crappy pic, primarily for the lightning.  Here's what else is in the basement:

Pool Table
Air Hockey Table
2 Couches underneath those blankets (one of them folds out into a bed, so the select efw staying at my house, this is likely where one of you will be sleeping.)  There's a few chairs scattered around so yeah, plenty of space to sit.
A Ping Pong Table; that's the thing that's folded up in the corner, see.
A potential Arcade Basketball system...uh, yeah, don't ask <_<;

Dog #1.  This is Truffles.  She sheds a little (though not as much as she use too), and well, she'll probably be afraid of you guys and thus run if you try to get close, so yeah, shouldn't worry about her or something.
(To give you an idea, she seems to only have fully warmed up to myself and a few other family members and this is after 3 years so...<_< )

My other Dog, Dookie.  This one will bark at you a lot (Truffles will bark too, but she'll run at the same time), though, if you can approach him in a friendly manner (and avoid making sudden movements), he'll stop and generally be nice to you.  Just be warned that sometimes, he gets a little attached to people quickly.  For example, at Minimeet, he seemed to take a liking to super for some reason IIRC, so yeah, he might get a little in the way, but shouldn't be much to worry about.  So long as you're friendly to him, he'll be harmless.

Neither of the dogs are particularly large, if you can't tell.

This is what the outside of my house looks like.  I took a garage shot as well, realized its pointless, so won't bother posting it.  In any event, for people actually driving, it'd be a good idea to reference this pic about 5 months from now and familiarize it or something <_<
NOT SHOWN: Random addition being built onto the house cause it looks like ass being, you know, incomplete.

In general, these are the rooms worth noting; most other places are either irrelevant like the hall way or generally off limits.

Also, these rooms look like a mess cause...well...they aren't exactly PREPARED for guests.  They will be cleaned up, naturally, by the time the Con starts, so don't worry.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:20:49 PM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »
I'm going to start prodding people about committing to this when I get back to Scotland. Ticket prices should have stablized by then for the con (They're still more expensive at the end of July compared to the beginning of July).

Oh yeah, we probably need to start looking into room booking in the hotel before too much longer as well, so need a headcount for that.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2009, 12:26:58 AM »
There is a good chance I won't be able to make it.  Probably moving out in a few months, so cost of living likely goes up and I want to do at least a little to help furnish the place.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2009, 03:24:02 AM »
I have a job.  I probably will be coming, barring any unfortunate circumstance between now and when I buy the ticket.  In other words, put me down as yes.

Idun

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2009, 11:58:02 PM »
I am probably not going. But if I did, I would cook! If I do find out that I'm financially sound enough to go, I'll give you a heads up.

Lady Ashe

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2009, 12:06:04 AM »
Would definitely be interested but haven't really been around that long. So uh, I'll get lumped into that Probably Not group and get back to you soonish? <_<

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »
-sigh-  I'd love to be able to go to something like this... Bu~ut I highly doubt I'll be able to - I'm hopefully gonna be in Canada around July, so ma~aybe, assuming I get it sorted out soon, I could arrange transport down & tag this on to the end of my holiday...
In which case, I'd definitely be dragging along Piggyman too. There's no way I'm going there from Canada & not forcing him to go. :D

So, that's almost certainly a no, but I'm still gonna see what I can do.

(Also, if any space is available to stay at someone's, I'd take it almost instantly. Hell, if I'm going to Canada, I don't even know where I'm staying there yet.)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2009, 11:20:05 PM »
Alright, discussed with the Hotel about Group Discounts and unless we get like 15 to 20 rooms, we're not getting one.

*HOWEVER*

They do accept AAA cards and give a discount for those.  So long as we pay as one big group or something.  I'll get more details on this, but it sounds like it saves us 10% if we use that.

Additionally, it sounds like they wouldn't accept a Group Rate ALONGSIDE the AAA discount, and the price comes out to about the same anyway, so yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and people really need to start confirming more solidly soon; the guy said that as more rooms get booked, prices go up or something.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:25:51 PM by Meeplelard »

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2009, 11:37:25 PM »
I am completely confirmed to go now. It's only a matter of time until I get the plane tickets.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2009, 12:28:12 AM »
Andrew and I are going to be "maybe" for a long while yet. There's too much in the air to commit to plane tickets (HAH) and hotel rooms. We're willing to go in on hotel rooms if it does turn out we're going, but... yeah, won't know that for a while.

When we know, you'll know.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2009, 12:32:40 AM »
Again, you'll know at 1200 on March 18th for sure >_>

However...it's looking very, very likely I'll be coming anyway.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2009, 01:17:49 AM »
The way things are going, I just might still be in NJ by the time of DL-Con... Mrf.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2009, 04:10:24 PM »
Iron-Fisted Arrival: Tue Jul 28th, 15:50, JFK.

Merciful Departure: Mon Aug 3rd, 17:40, JFK.

Confirmed: You'd better believe it.

Now, just to wait for the tickets to arrive...
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »
Ok, date posted was changed to July 30th to August 2nd; that's the Thursday to Sunday deal that most DLCs have.  Naturally, flexibility with these dates exists, but bare in mind, longer you're here, more you'll have to pay for Hotel room! I can only hold so manypeople in my house before and after the Con.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2009, 01:34:28 AM »
Meeple, are all the rooms in that hotel one bed rooms like the one I had, or do they have bigger rooms too?  Just trying to work out how many people will be able to share one so I can start figuring out exactly how much money I'll need to set aside.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2009, 02:35:52 AM »
Looks like there's Rooms with 2 Beds, which I gather is what most people are gonna want, so yeah, make of that as you will!

Didn't I post the prices in the first post of this topic, alongside the actual rooms? Should double check <_<

EDIT: Yes, I did, actually! Just so you don't have to go back and check yourself, I'll do it right here:

Standard w/1 Bed  $95.00 USD         
Accessible Deluxe w/1 Bed $95.00 USD           
Standard w/2 Beds    $95.00 USD       
King Room w/Microwave-Fri...    $100.00 USD

NOTE: With the AAA discount, these prices go down by about $10.  My guess is people will want the 3rd option, but uh, yeah, I'm not most people!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:37:34 AM by Meeplelard »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2009, 02:51:40 AM »
Oh, sorry, didn't notice that for some reason.  I just remember having a room with one bed and then having surprise guests the last night. >_>

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2009, 04:20:39 AM »
Oh, sorry, didn't notice that for some reason.  I just remember having a room with one bed and then having surprise guests the last night. >_>

Sounds like cuddle-time.