5 (17.9%)
Yes, on my own
10 (35.7%)
No, I'm a couch potato
7 (25%)
(VSM option)
6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Working out  (Read 3900 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Working out
« on: December 04, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
See title. Something I'm wondering about, since I've turned into a bit of a workout fiend in the past couple of months.  I work in a gym right now, doing swimming and biking. Before that (3~ months), I rode a bike through the neighborhood, and before that (6~ months, started March) I walked through the neighborhood with my dog.

Definitely enjoy doing it, since it both helps me sleep and makes me feel better. Also get to hang out with a friend working in a gym, which is cool.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Bardiche

Re: Working out
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:37:40 PM »
Does taking a good run to the busstop in the early morning and late midday constitute a "work out"? Define a work out!

... I'm really not so far gone I'd say I'm a couch potato, but definitely don't frequent a gym, so...

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:40:23 PM »
I do a fair bit of various forms of exercise on my own. I have no set schedule as I'm notoriously bad at following/remembering those; it's just something I enjoy doing whenever it comes to mind.

I was mildly tempted to click VSM option anyway
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Ryogo

• DOC!
  • Denizen
  • Somebody call for a medic?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »
No, but I've been blessed by gaining no weight until I got here to university. Now, I've gained 30 pounds. (Which isn't as bad as it sounds, I was 135 lbs all through High school).

I am getting out of shape, however, and plan on doing pushups, situps, all that jazz every morning now, and in the afternoon heading down to our campus gym and hitting the bikes or treadmill. Hopefully going for some swimming at nights now and then after exams are over.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 10:59:01 PM »
No exercise for me for I am the laziness and so on. I think I've gradually been gaining weight since college, but this says little in my case (I used to never top 140, am now in the 150s somewhere).

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:03:30 PM »
While I don't necesarilly go out of my way to excersize I actually do walk around a lot. I think I weigh like 180-200 lbs. right now but that's pretty normal.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 11:27:23 PM »
I really enjoy walking which I did with my grandpa when I was little, my friend and her grandpa, when I had a dog and a few times this summer when I had somehow to go with. Unfortunately it's not really safe for me to go out walking myself especially where I wish to go, country back roads, farm land, woods, etc~

Also super you scare me ;_;
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 11:33:56 PM »
Voted VSM option.

In reality, I do work out in a gym. Or I had been until I was sick the entire month of November. Right now I'm a bum.

Pyro

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 11:45:58 PM »
Mile jog and a bike ride occasionally. I tend to be kind of off and on about it depending on my mood for a day.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 11:54:59 PM »
Outside of walking mostly everywhere I go due to not knowing how to drive and that being actually a mean exercise due to everything being miles away from everything over here, I'm a couch potato. The exercises I enjoyed doing (swimming) are now clinically inviable and I hate sweating anyway. Good thing I'm tiny and thin, I guess. Not really eating much doesn't hurt either.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 11:55:31 PM »
DDR about three times a week.  What?
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 12:35:33 AM »
I jog for a half hour every day except weekends (although I'd say I skip the jog atleast once a week, and I don't jog at all if I feel even remotely sick). It's not so much because I want to to work out, I just find jogging relaxing, and it gives me time to get things off my mind.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 12:43:43 AM »
I am a fat bastard.  Nothing healthy for me!

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 01:10:51 AM »
My job is a workout.  I'm either too sore or too tired to exercise on my own time.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 01:53:27 AM »
My weight has fluctuated soooo much. Part of this is because I'm a girl. Part of it is because I am somewhat messed up in the head and it effects more some times than others. Since I hit my "adult height," my weight has varied as much as 70 pounds in 18 months.

The one thing that has always been true?

I HATE the gym.

I will go. In fact, I reached my healthiest and fittest last winter because I went at least 5 days a week and stayed for 45+ minutes at the ellipticals/treadmills and the weight room. Unfortunately, the second something messes with that routine, I drop it and drop it hard. Within a couple weeks I gained back the 10-15 pounds I'd lost to get there, and the muscle definition degraded.

My ideal is nature: hiking, walking, biking, horseback riding, swimming. I like playing sports, too. I just really, really hate the gym. I think it's mainly the need to go to one place to do one specific thing for a ridiculous amount of time for a non-immediate benefit. It needs to be fun or provide photos or stories or an end goal or something because I just can't continually live off of the promise of it doing something in the long run. Lame, I know. Whatever.

The funny thing? If I had a treadmill or weight set at home, I'd work out every day. Guess I'm just lazy at heart. :p
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 02:15:06 AM »
I walk 3 miles every weekday in hilly ass Pacifica. Does that count as a workout?
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 03:10:04 AM »
I used to play squash hardcore back in Hong Kong, and I've exercised a lot, but ever since I moved here my exercising habits have... Erm. They've sorta fallen off the track, to put it that way. While it's not adversely affecting my health (I'm still maintaining my 123 lbs weight). Oh, I also used to be a swimmer, but again, since moving, not anymore.

...Hell, my entire slump came about since moving to Philippines.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 04:04:52 AM »
I'm kind of a gym nut. Back when I lived in Florida, my friends and I used to go together 3 times a week. It was great fun having people around to work out with, but I tend to enjoy it on my own as well.

When I moved to Japan, I literally went crazy with inactivity and learning to adjust to my new lifestyle (where something as simple as buying groceries was an involved process due to the language barrier and having to wrack my brain just to read labels and the price of an object).

About four months in, I finally found a gym and life is better and brighter. I go 2-3 times a week, plus I've entered a Tai Chi class, which is great fun (if not as much of a work out as lifting weights and treadmilling).

Despite this, I'm still mostly just a skinny bastard with hardly any muscle definition. I think it's kind of a side effect of being really tall.

As for nutrition in Japan... well... it's all carbs all the time. If your body gains weight from carbs easily, you're pretty much destined to get fat in Japan, as the only alternative to carbs is starvation. Even with my awesome paycheck, I can't afford to eat more protein/fiber than carbs/sugar. Kind of sucks because it means I have to spend more time on anaerobics, which I hate, rather than weight-lifting.

-DJ

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 04:31:26 AM »
I'm a lazy bastard for the most part but I do have to walk a couple miles to and from work most days, so I get at least some exercise.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 04:37:23 AM »
Despite this, I'm still mostly just a skinny bastard with hardly any muscle definition. I think it's kind of a side effect of being really tall.

My 6'3", 300lbs ass disagrees with your sentiment that being tall means you are skinny with no muscles.

<_<;
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 09:53:40 AM »
While home, I bike to school, and try to cycle for 30 minutes a day besides.  Occasionally make it to the gym and occasionally do Capoeria, but I don't have any real schedule.  Having to walk everywhere has forced me into a bit better shape but I'm still a lazy cunt.

Voted VSM option, because I assumed it was lesbian orgies.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »
No structured workout as such, but I like walking quite a bit and will often just get up, go outside and pace around the house a few times.  There's a school track about two blocks from my house which is quite convenient on occasion.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »
Voted VSM option, because I assumed it was lesbian orgies.

Really, Zenny? That's how you think I work out?

....thanks, man. That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.

EDIT
No, dumbass. I meant you work out by masturbating to lesbian orgies. How could you not get that?!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:43:28 PM by Veryslightlymad »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
As usual, the VSM option pays off.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »
You have provided an excess of required information about yourself there Super.

TMI.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.