Author Topic: The RPGDL Netplay topic - Where people get uppercutted in the face.  (Read 5234 times)

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
For a while now, I've been playing Sage at Street Fighter, but I've only really been playing Sage. So I figured, why not pool interest and see what people can play what online? Maybe we can even organize some larger play sessions.

As for what I can play...

Kawaks: Look it up, it's a really freaking good CPS1/CPS2/Neo Geo emulator[arcade machines from Capcom and SNK in the 90's basically]. Beats the crap out of MAME in terms of usability pretty much any day. Can play most KoFs and Street Fighters and a lot of stuff in-between. I mostly play fighting games on this, and occasionally beat'em'ups are fun[but only if I can get a large group together.]

ZSNES: haven't used it in a while, but I can netplay puzzle games and Mario Kart with this easily enough.

Other stuff: Ring me up about it and I'll see if I can get it working, I'm pretty open to new stuff to try.

Anyone else?

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: The RPGDL Netplay topic - Where people get uppercutted in the face.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 05:27:51 AM »
Tossing out more suggestions!

Vantage Master Online! Free, simple to pick up, in-depth SRPG that is perfectly balanced for 2 player. Also has Falcommusik.

Worms Armageddon! Turn-based tactics game. In general this consists of carefully crafted master plans that somehow end up erasing half your team. Or just causing maximum chaos deliberately.

ZSNES! Kirby's Dream Course should be well known to most by now, but it never ceases to be a trippy exercise in fun. And player failure.

Also, MICHAEL, I'm holding you to your promise to be brave enough to suffer Secret of Mana with me.

Up for the things Xer suggested too (well, setting up Kawaks will probably be an exercise in cursing)
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 05:30:31 AM »
WORMS. I still have that on my machine. We need to set that up sometime.

And Kawaks works out of the box >_> What, do you think it's ePSXe or something? I know it used to be that way, but.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »
I'm all for Worms, you just have to catch me when I'm actually paying attention and not tied up in something else.  Other stuff... well, maybe.  Depends.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:28:35 AM »
I can do the following:

Touhou Kaeidzuka Phantasmagoria of Flower View - Using Adonis.

StarCraft Brood War - I still have space in my Hamachi server, but I can make another one if I have to

Vantage Master Online - I've only played two people, one of which come from here (Tonfa). Very very nice strategical game, I demand you all play it, even the 1P mode. Really nice stuff.

I might consider using ZSNES provided I have, you know. The same roms, but I will not ask.

I also may consider setting up Kawaks. Maybe.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 07:41:39 AM »
As it turns out getting kawaks to work with someone halfway across the world WAS a bit of a pain in the ass, but in the end we have it working. Sorta.

Ryogo

• DOC!
  • Denizen
  • Somebody call for a medic?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 07:57:50 AM »
Huh, I'd forgotten all about the Netplay ZSNES option, considering I've been using the thing since I was 10 or 11.  I'm up for almost anything anytime, as long as I'm not going to have to pay for it.

I'm currently playing Perfect World, a free MMO. It's actually quite good, and reminds me a deal of WoW. Except, ya know, free.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 09:06:52 AM »
It's official, Puzzle Fighter is Tonfa-approved.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 10:31:54 AM »
This is true. Also I am apparently Andrew.

I'm currently playing Perfect World, a free MMO. It's actually quite good, and reminds me a deal of WoW. Except, ya know, free.

To be honest? I stay away from MMOs and loathed WoW from the trial I was given but...I actually play this one recently. Used to play a year back on the engrish servers, and now that is localised felt like it again. Dunno why, it's not really that special, just relaxing. So uh...Lost City server, amirite?

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »
Free MMOs are a waste of time at worst and actually fun at best, so yeah.  I don't mind those at all, honestly.  It's the paying ones that aren't worth the trouble since then you're forced to play enough to make the cost worth it and then it gets dull because you play it so much, etc.

I can netplay some stuff like ZSNES stuff and PoFV as of now.  I guess I could download other stuff too.

PS: Get PoFV.  I want to play some people at PoFV.  Don't worry, I suck.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 07:02:42 PM »
I wish I could play PoFV Netplay, but the Adonis program just doesn't work for me and playing with the old patch with anyone farther away from me than Laggy can lead to single digit framerates.  <_<

Though if anyone knows how to troubleshoot Adonis I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Bardiche

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
I'd not mind playing together with others, but my Europe time may be inconvenient for people~

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 07:28:16 PM »
ZSNES! Kirby's Dream Course should be well known to most by now, but it never ceases to be a trippy exercise in fun. And player failure.

Also, MICHAEL, I'm holding you to your promise to be brave enough to suffer Secret of Mana with me.

All right, RICHARD. Perhaps we can even play Final Fantasy 5 and you can kill all the bosses in some Vice Presidential way.

Kirby's Super Star has always been one of my personal favorites to play with someone.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 08:46:32 PM »
Obligatory demand for Star Control 2 vs. mode goes here.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:01 PM »
I'm up for most things~

May have to install some stuff on the computer behind me rather than the normal one, but that's okay~ ZSNES, I'm not sure if the newest version works, but it probably does. I usually use older ones. Kawaks works fine.

super needs to punt his router and get netplaying.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 03:01:19 AM »
Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot Heroes of Might & Magic 3. Good turn-based build/explore/crush fun all around, if you're prepared for playing a map above M size to resolution taking forever. Fortunately it can be saved at any time. I know at least tai and Trance have played netplayed this.

TranceHime

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 03:06:59 AM »
I no longer have it, sorry.

I had to get rid of it to make way for other things, because I was barely playing it and it was gathering dust.

I'm sorry.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping

Taishyr

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 03:15:48 AM »
I shelved it for a long while, so no worries. I stopped being able to get into it for a good long while.

Ryogo

• DOC!
  • Denizen
  • Somebody call for a medic?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 09:19:47 AM »
This is true. Also I am apparently Andrew.

To be honest? I stay away from MMOs and loathed WoW from the trial I was given but...I actually play this one recently. Used to play a year back on the engrish servers, and now that is localised felt like it again. Dunno why, it's not really that special, just relaxing. So uh...Lost City server, amirite?

I like it so far. Like I said, had a WoW feel in game, without the WoW feel on the checking account. I'm currently on Sanctuary, only character I have so far is Ryogo, currently lvl 18 Wizard. I didn't know which server had more people, or was better, or w/e was going on, so I just picked at random :P

I'll probably make a character in each server just for shits and giggles. What's your character's names/classes on Lost City?

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 10:19:01 AM »
I'll probably make a character in each server just for shits and giggles. What's your character's names/classes on Lost City?

L36 Venomancer named Sphilia.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 03:51:52 AM »
So, anyone wanna work out a game of Worms this weekend? I'm open to any time, really.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 05:13:40 AM »
For what it's worth, I would definitely approve of Starcraft.  A good way to prepare for SC2, perhaps.

Also, since there are so many FFT nuts on the board...  they made a pretty solid WarCraft III / FFT map in the style of DotA two or three years back.  Been a long time since I played it, but could be fun, perhaps with supplementing the game with random people from b.net to properly fill it up.  (Though Calculators were, as usual, way too broken.)

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 08:15:49 AM »
I'd be up for Worms, especially if people here have Skype. (I've done one Worms match with Goons on Skype, oh god)

Also, more people need moar 360 online games.  I wonder if I should make a seperate topic about it.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 08:20:23 AM »
Hey, I have SF2 HD and Team Fortress 2 for online stuff for the 360, if anyone cares about that. The DL in general doesn't have 360s though...

And I can Skype if you want, should we get the game working.

TranceHime

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 09:54:29 AM »
I has Skype too, but not many of the netgames you guys have aside from STARCRAFT. So... Hmm...