imageRegister

Author Topic: Season 48, Week 2 - Sephiroth joins the pedo police. Albedo flees the country.  (Read 4594 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
WA2 defending gives the FP you'd get if you didn't Defend, so it's more relative to the damage you take, but not more overall. Just throwing it out there.

Eh?  Defend does give double FP.  Even dodging gives double FP while defending, as well as counters, IIRC.  And for the record, it doesn't halve damage, it increases defense by a lot, which usually ends up being better than halving damage in-game.  Not sure how that translates when your opponent is actually doing notable damage, though.

And yeah, Ashley gets no FP for just defending, and since Hallec has a defend command (right?), he can just do the same, so it's not going to help any.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Does Wrath wear off?

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Minerva Plate only immunes Paralysis and Instant Death (and not even the latter in the DS version, according to the stat topic), so Bad Breath slaughters. Not that Bad Breath is even needed.

Pyro

Shouldn't matter for you Monkey unless you use that 3x value Tai said he did.

Taishyr

Yeah, the 3x PCHP makes things a lot trickier. My main issue with 2.5 is it just makes people feel too frail to me, but I definitely understand why it's used (healers -luv- 3x, comparatively), so.

EDIT: The below is babble done while I was distracted by my dad, so forgive incoherency. I think the point gets across, but I edit enough that I'm too lazy to do it to the below. >_>

NEB: I could see end level as 50 but no lower. It felt like you were meant to be using summons that often by endgame, not that I did anyway. And I'm willing to entertain myself being overleveled but not so much as to be at 41, so. >_> No objection to your standpoint, but I definitely see it 50-55 range personally. (If anything, you get there by the final part of the last dungeon.) I take 55 since, yeah, that's where I ended up, and while better players than I (hey, NEB) can no doubt get through having far less... eh. It makes more sense to me to do 55 due to how I played through, but taking it lower's reasonable on review.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:59:46 PM by Taishyr »

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
It doesn't matter to me at all since I can't vote on WA2. Just asking, is all.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Wrath's effect should wear off after several turns, not sure on the exact number though.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Tal: Oh, okay, that makes sense, I just figured it was adding the FP it added if I didn't defend since that looked about right.

Tai: Well, I'm not suggesting you're 14 levels overlevelled, but something closer to 6 does seem more possible. I dunno. <_< Randoms don't survive Lilka summons at Level 41, and very few outspeed her, so I imagine at 50 it would just be first-turn-OHKO-everything-at-no-cost which seems so broken as to be overlevelled to me. Though I could see juuust hitting 50 in Glaive La Gable. Most WAs seem designed so that you hit 50 at the end (the final bosses of WA3, 4, and ACF are all 50 or 51, IIRC, and WA enemy levels generally feel like the designers' intended PC levels) so maybe 2 is the same? Who knows.

Another detail worth considering, though: if you do view WA2's DL level as in excess of 50, the damage average probably rises pretty notably as a whole host of new damage options open up. Hallec has a LOT of HP, so it might even let him survive Full Clip? Though I forget Full Clip Dead-or-Alive's instant death rate; it's probably high enough to make the point moot.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Starphoenix das Helpoemer

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Wrath lasts like three turns. If Hallec needs more than that to finish Ashley off, then he's probably boned anyway.

Does WA2 Defend cut damage from an enemy in half or by another set precedent? That could factor in how long Ashley lasts.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Wrath lasts like three turns. If Hallec needs more than that to finish Ashley off, then he's probably boned anyway.

Does WA2 Defend cut damage from an enemy in half or by another set precedent? That could factor in how long Ashley lasts.

It increases his defense by some amount rather than taking a percentage out of damage.  Not sure how much exactly, but it's probably better than halving in general?

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
If it just increases defense, it would have to be a pretty monsterous increase to more than halve damage given that it's WA 2 defense.
...into the nightfall.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
If it just increases defense, it would have to be a pretty monsterous increase to more than halve damage given that it's WA 2 defense.

It was a big increase yes.  I recall it being quite effective in-game, even against things with damage.