Register

Author Topic: Discworld Mafia is go!  (Read 110872 times)

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
Re: Discworld Mafia is go!
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2008, 07:37:19 AM »

<EvilTom> I'm voting for Rat because he's always scum!
<EvilTom> Now I'm keeping my vote on him because he's scumbussing! Probably. Maybe? >_> (This is a joke! Right, that's fine.)
<EvilTom> Actually, I'm gonna vote for the guy Rat's voting for. Why didn't I do this before? Um...
<EvilTom> Now I'm voting Rat again for posting! Clearly it's scum trying to avoid lurker detection. (As opposed to, y'know, keeping on top of things.)
<EvilTom> Hmm, I'm gonna vote for some lurker dude... BUT I'M STILL GOING TO VOTE FOR RAT LATER, SO THIS VOTE IS MEANINGLESS.
<EvilTom> We don't get useful information out of mislynches. Haha, actually I was baiting.

You seem to have started with the assumption that I'm scum, and you're now looking for reasons to vote for me. I don't really care about getting jokevoted early. I don't even care much (even if it does irritate me a bit) if people *bandwagon* me early to get me to talk and shit. I do care when you try to come up with other stupid reasons to vote for me while saying at the same time that it's day 1, so we can't really make much of anything. You supposedly tried to bait people by proposing a bad play and seeing who agrees (as opposed to making a bad play and then realising it later, which is what I find more likely.) Basically, your play has been all over the place, and not in a good way.

##Unvote, ##Vote: EvilTom.

Reason is obvious at this point, I should hope. Agree with everyone that it's bizzare Otter hasn't posted yet. He does know we've started, right?

Still not really thrilled with unoriginal. Jokevotes should be for other people, mang! You get a playing field going and can go out from there. Voting for yourself just doesn't help at all (if you are a townie, you do not want people voting for you, because you dying is bad for town! There is always a better target than *you*, as far as you're concerned.)

Don't care much about Corwin voting for me. Early bandwagoning is a decent tactic for either side when you really get down to it.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:53 AM »
Are we allowed to use "previously logged on" information, i'm half tempted to watch that members currently online thing to see if Otter ever appears.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2008, 07:46:48 AM »
There's no rule against it, but it's metagaming to a degree. Be cautious in your use of this kind of thing- it can frequently lead you on the wrong track.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »
The guy I suspect to be scum pushes my bandwagon over the halfway point, big surprise there.

And he doesn't even use quotes when referencing me! Way to add your own flavor.

Now I'm voting Rat again for posting!
That vote was because your post was empty. It's the sort of thing scum post to avoid looking like lurkers. The sort of think you posted in NR Mafia when you were scum. If you were scum again, it stands to reason that you'd use the same strategy.

SO THIS VOTE IS MEANINGLESS.
Aren't you getting a bit worked up over this? LAL is better than raw suspicion. Is there anything wrong with letting everyone know I was FoSing you? So that if I die, everyone can check the voting record and see that I was going after you? You look bad to me, but Otter hasn't posted *anything* which = worse.

Looks like there is a large possibility that once again Scum C-Rat is jumping on the easy newby Evil Tom bandwagon for a quick mislynch (See Phoenix Wright Mafia, where he was scum using the same strat, but was forced to back off).

Aaand what's wrong with baiting? We had no information. Now we are getting some information! Which is good for the town. I may as well roleclaim, I'm Vanilla townie; I'm going to do all I can to get information out of the rest of you in the only way I can.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2008, 07:52:16 AM »
Yeah, its just if we spot otter appear online in that "members currently online", it should mean its not RL issues, which means he's either:
A) Major Lurking.
B) Got a weird role.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2008, 08:04:53 AM »
Empty posts? I'll direct you towards your 'joke'.

Everything is wrong with that kind of baiting, by the way. It makes you look super-bad. It's unlikely to work because the idea itself was awful. It's an *excuse* for a foolish action.

You've played in a few games at this point. You're beyond 'newbie' status, why are you highlighting this? Why would I think you're a particularly easy lynch regardless? You roleclaimed very early- you're not that close to lynch right now, why did you do it? I'm not going to roleclaim myself until there is need, which there isn't.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2008, 08:17:36 AM »
Empty posts? I'll direct you towards your 'joke'.
Tsk tsk; everyone knows the joke vote phase is just that. Your empty post is still concerning. Only now are you posting content.. to justify jumping on the train.

Everything is wrong with that kind of baiting, by the way. It makes you look super-bad. It's unlikely to work because the idea itself was awful. It's an *excuse* for a foolish action.
Trying to make me look worse than I am in order to avoid defending yourself from the points I just made about you. 'Super-bad'? 'Foolish action'? FYI, a 'No Lynch' is a valid option and part of the rules. It may not be the best option, but suggesting it as a possibility if we have no lurkers is hardly a definite scum tell. And if you think it is, you have to remember that there is no 100% correct rigid guideline for how to play. "All scum play like this" is narrow-minded, and WIFOM.

You roleclaimed very early- you're not that close to lynch right now, why did you do it? I'm not going to roleclaim myself until there is need
Why shouldn't I? It's not going to put me in danger. Once again, is there a rule saying I'm not allowed to roleclaim? Rigid gameplay is easily exploited by mafia faction and should be avoided by town, not encouraged.

once again Scum C-Rat is jumping on the easy newby Evil Tom bandwagon for a quick mislynch
Why would I think you're a particularly easy lynch regardless?
Your vote puts me to 5, miles ahead of anyone else (next highest vote is 2, IIRC).

Smodge: Has Otter been online during the game period though? My thing says he was last online January 02, 2008, 03:21:36 PM, which is over a day ago. Which means he hasn't been logged in, which means he's avoiding the game completely for one reason or another, it's not a role. I don't know what he's trying to do... could be a RL problem, or it could be ultra-lurking?

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2008, 08:21:12 AM »
My thing says he was last online January 02, 2008, 03:21:36 PM, which is over a day ago.

you can look that up?

Wow i guess thats easier than just watching the currently online thing.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2008, 08:23:24 AM »
Well El Cids first post in here was posted on the 2nd at 1:20 am by mine, and i can assume we're on the same time frame, that means otter was online at some point around the 13-14 hour mark and chose not to post, or couldn't

Kind of rules out RL considering

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »
Not really. I think your maths is wrong. It was very early in the game; maybe he just didn't want to post in the first 2 hours of the game. And hasn't logged on since.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2008, 08:32:46 AM »
Whoa, I play some Team Fortress and suddenly the topic comes to life. Go figure.

Otter also hasn't been active in chat (Metagaming) and I wouldn't put it past a Discworld mafia to have a silent role (Death of Rats? Also Metagaming).

Evil Tom seems suspect at this point, mostly for what other people have said. NOT because he pulled for no-lynch, though. It's mostly that he's been sort of erratic.

Unoriginal's "Vote for himself" thing seems ultimately benign. Frankly, I'm more worried about anyone who voted for him over it.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2008, 08:35:33 AM »
Looking back, that was ALSO Tom and Carth. Huh.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2008, 08:56:41 AM »
How can I defend myself against "Rat's voting for me! He's voted for me before- when he was scum!"

How can I defend myself against "Rat's voting for me, and in doing so pushed me over the halfway point! That's scummy." The only thing I can do is explain why I've voted for you- which is a hint of OMGUS, your erraticness, your original reason for voting me, your supposed 'trap', and now the way you're acting as if just because you can accomplish something within the rules, it's also a good option to take. Without, might I add, justifying why you took your actions.

On that note, I know the rules of Mafia quite well, thanks. Roleclaiming without need is bad because scum would like to know your roles, to better direct their nightkills. Your roleclaim didn't put YOU in danger. Maybe it put ALL THE OTHER TOWNIES with roles in danger because now scum can assume you're vanilla and go after someone with an actual role.

I'd really like other people to weigh in on this, although I admit it's the period of time where most of you guys are asleep. If it's just the both of us shouting at each other, we're unlikely to get anywhere.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »
How can I defend myself against "Rat's voting for me! He's voted for me before- when he was scum!"
I'm noticing you don't like to use real quotes, instea dyou like to make up ones that take my comments out of context and make me look bad. I'm not going to argue with you anymore if you're going to keep doing that.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »
It's Not just you 2 here, i'm reading.

My opinion, i have no clue.

For a short while i thought it could possibly be both of you, but to be honest in my opinion

Tom is just being Tom
Rat is just being Rat

Hate to bring up old games, but Tom you may want to rethink whatever it is your doing, we don't want another Tsukihime mafia.

Rat, you are being fairly quiet but when you do post it seems to have a lot of content.

Honestly i still have no idea though.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2008, 09:19:34 AM »
Well, going to get one actual Post With Content in before I crash for the night while the game's still hopping.  I'll check the game when I get back to work in the morning.  Night all!

Shale - Only 3 posts so far, but I'm not getting a read as anything but town at the moment.  And he's finding the same problem with Tom ringing true as I do.  But a day 1 read is superficial at best.

Cmdr_King - Acting very much a townie.  Voting for low post counters and moving the vote onto someone else who needs to talk more when the original target picks up pace.

EvilTom - I'm getting some scummy vibes here.  To actually sketch out my thoughts on this:

1-"Get a new tell, Carthrat, this one is boring me~". ?! Let's just use some common sense.  If you take the statement seriously, it seems rather odd.  If a person has a tell when they're scum, then for HEAVEN'S sake, let them keep it!  It only helps town.  If you're just being facetious, then *shrug*, it's day 1 antics.  I'm not sure which side of the river this one was intended but I'll give you the beenfit of the doubt even here and assume you were being facetious.  Especially since he's said since that it was a joke comment anyway.

2-The line above being given when Rat votes for Unoriginal for his...well, unoriginal idea of assisted suicide.  And then Tom goes and MAKES THE SAME vote just 4 posts later.  o.O Now we're leaving the 'joke vote' realm and just getting weird.

3-"Ok good, I can go back to voting for someone who looks like scum."  He looks like scum to you a couple hours into the game with just (at the time) 4 posts to his name?  You can attribute it to a gut feeling perhaps or just metagaming that you think he's always scum (and can't argue that point, he often is), but I'd really like to know where in his first few posts you can get 'looks like scum'.

4-Your reply to Smodge was unhelpful and actually looked like something resembling either a bad smokescreen or just plain bad judgement.  Not sure which.  Bad town play, bad scum play, take your pick, they're both a bad play.  Saying he answered his own question was as useless as never responding to the comment in the first place.  It just looks like an inflated post count now.

5-The No Lynch vote thing has been talked over to death so I'm not going to re-hash it.  But it bears keeping in mind and did influence my thoughts so is included here.  And if you're a townie, baiting like that shows a lack of paying attention.  It's been done before and all it ever nets is the rest of town coming down on your head for it.

6-I find it odd that you were being so obtuse with a rather simple and, from my perspective at least, you all correct me if I'm wrong here, correction by Smodge to your comment that a dead cop and a dead vanilla townie ARE different.  Day 2 will come soon enough and while NOW, yes there is no difference because it's Day 1 and there is no real distinction, when we look BACK on Day 1 later on, these things actually do mean a lot.  You are real quick with the 'his words mean nothing' quips.  It looks again like bad smokescreening. 'Pay no attention to the man behind the curtains' sort of thing.  Bad play, scum or town.

7-Roleclaim.  Seriously.  What were you thinking.  Now, if your a townie, the scum are sitting there trying to figure out if you're worth killing.  You could easily claim vanilla without being so because you have several time retracted comments with an 'I'm joking' or 'I'm just trying to spur conversation'.  The more times you do this, the less often we can take anything you say seriously.  You reduce your own credability.  As a townie (and we're considering you that for the sake of the example), this is bad juju.  Now, if you're scum and make that comment, it STILL means nothing because townies can all take into consideration the previous example.  It just reduces your credability with us.  And townies need to BUILD credability with other townies, not the reverse.  OR, as Rat says, they'll ignore you now and go after people who might have the better roles because they rule you out as being vanilla.  Either way, if you're town, not the smartest thing to do.

8-I don't see where you can't see where we're seeing you being defensive.  Just look at your last two replies to Rat.  Right there is all the defensive you should need to see: 'Trying to make me look worse than I am in order to avoid defending yourself from the points I just made about you. 'Super-bad'? 'Foolish action'? FYI, a 'No Lynch' is a valid option and part of the rules. It may not be the best option, but suggesting it as a possibility if we have no lurkers is hardly a definite scum tell. And if you think it is, you have to remember that there is no 100% correct rigid guideline for how to play. "All scum play like this" is narrow-minded, and WIFOM.'    or, my PERSONAL favorite defensive post: 'I'm noticing you don't like to use real quotes, instea dyou like to make up ones that take my comments out of context and make me look bad. I'm not going to argue with you anymore if you're going to keep doing that.'

Now, after that wall of words, I am most definately sitting on my vote through tomorrow.  I can't see any way for Tom to convince me that he's town at this point.  

Carthrat - I always suspect Rat of being scum (because Hatbot loves to make him so), but nothing stands out to me yet to confim.

Otter - Posting would be good now.  I'll look for one when I log back on in the morning.

Not getting a vibe one way or the other: The rest of ya'll. (Sorry, my Texan roots are showing there.)
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2008, 09:27:52 AM »
Otter: 0
Tai: 2
CPU: 2
Unoriginal: 2
Bobbin: 3
Corwin: 3
Shale: 3
Strago: 3
Kilga: 3
Nitori: 4
Yakumo: 4
Excal: 5
Sopko: 5
QR: 6
Rat: 8
VSM: 9
CMDR: 10
Smodge: 17
Tom: 21

Updated Post count ^_^

Tai, did only 1 post since the last but at least it had a lot of content.
As for CPU, not much at all, thats twice CPU gone without overly much posting, but it could simply be out of his time frame.
Unoriginal hasn't posted in a while and also hasn't contributed much, but could be just like CPU.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2008, 09:41:47 AM »
21 posts and none of them really help town.

Yeah, I have to go with QuietRain on this one. Her argument is sound and Tom really isn't helping himself either. At worst, we lose an unhelpful townie. Otter can wait, but not longer than today, depending on if'ins it's his role keeping him quiet.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2008, 09:42:35 AM »
Ack. Sorry. Forgot to vote.

##Unvote: QuietRain
##Vote: EvilTom

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »
1-"Get a new tell, Carthrat, this one is boring me~". ?! Let's just use some common sense.  If you take the statement seriously, it seems rather odd.
Can we please get over the jokes of the game? Look, for illustration:
##Vote: Carthrat for being scum, feeble denials won't save you this time!
That followed right after my comment. If you're going to take mine seriously, why don't you string up Corwin for that? If it's not obviously a joke then... I really don't know what else to say.

2-The line above being given when Rat votes for Unoriginal for his...well, unoriginal idea of assisted suicide.  And then Tom goes and MAKES THE SAME vote just 4 posts later.  o.O Now we're leaving the 'joke vote' realm and just getting weird.
Ok can you please stop blatantly lieing. It was not 4 posts later. It was over two and a half pages later. I understand there's a few of you who want to see me lynched ASAP, but please don't lie to achieve that.
but I'd really like to know where in his first few posts you can get 'looks like scum'.
It's called pressure and trying to evoke conversation.

4-Your reply to Smodge was unhelpful and actually looked like something resembling either a bad smokescreen or just plain bad judgement.  Not sure which.  Bad town play, bad scum play, take your pick, they're both a bad play.  Saying he answered his own question was as useless as never responding to the comment in the first place.  It just looks like an inflated post count now.
I got to admit, i found that comment from Tom really confusing, it wasn't vote-worthy but is just a really really strange thing to say.
Especially because from previous situations, Tom seems to almost skip the joke phase and generally plays serious from the start, so is he Learning/Conforming or just acting really weird?
Now, how should I have answered that? Let's examine:
Answer A (The one I picked): Yes, I've learnt/conformed
Answer B: Actually Somdge, I'm acting very strangely; please lynch me now.
..I didn't think I actually needed to specify that I wasn't acting strangely 'cos y'know, such a statement holds no water.

5-The No Lynch vote thing has been talked over to death so I'm not going to re-hash it.  But it bears keeping in mind and did influence my thoughts so is included here.  And if you're a townie, baiting like that shows a lack of paying attention.  It's been done before and all it ever nets is the rest of town coming down on your head for it.
I'm sorry for not paying attention to things I wasn't around for. It really shows my lack of attention.
Perhaps you mean lack of attendance? I've never seen it done, so I thought I'd give it a try.

6-I find it odd that you were being so obtuse with a rather simple and, from my perspective at least, you all correct me if I'm wrong here, correction by Smodge to your comment that a dead cop and a dead vanilla townie ARE different.  Day 2 will come soon enough and while NOW, yes there is no difference because it's Day 1 and there is no real distinction, when we look BACK on Day 1 later on, these things actually do mean a lot.
I was talking specifically about day 1 only. My comment still stands correct. There are some people here who love taking my comments out of context. On day 1, a dead cop mislynch is *useless*.

Either way, if you're town, not the smartest thing to do.
I guess everyone starts making mistakes when backed into a corner. My mistake was to try and justify the bait trap.

8-
There's a difference between being defensive, and getting annoyed at someone. I got annoyed at him for making up quotes, embellishing them and taking them out of context. How am I supposed to respond to that?

Geez... I should take a leaf out of Otter's book and /not post anything/, I'd be doing a lot better.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2008, 10:00:51 AM »
I still want to hear Corwin talk about something.  He's got three posts, and said next to nil in any of them.  But it seems there's something going on that needs commentary.  Namely, Dread Thomas and his trial.

Earlier I recall taking a look at him, and seeing his tiff with Smodge as something which was, essentially, town v. town.  That's kinda changing as Tom keeps talking.  Honestly, some of my more concrete positions are in alignment with what the Rat and Quiet Rain have been pointing out.  But, there's also a couple of other things that are bothering me.

First off, is the increasingly uncivil tone we're getting here.  Tom's been erratic from the start, and he's only getting more so.  Granted, not much of a scum tell, but it's good at attracting attention.  Especially with the volume he's pumping his posts out yet, drowning out the conversation.  A high post count is nice, but when it's full of little more than angry screeds about why people are fools for voting you, then all it is is obfuscation.

Secondly, it's the fact that these posts do nothing but defend, or even really cover much more than already hashed out points.  If your defense is old, repeating it isn't going to help.  So, try and aid the cause.  Even if you die, you win with town, right?  Try and dig out scum with your last breath, try to do something to say "Hey, look over here!" instead of "Hey!  Stop looking at me!"

There's still people I want to hear answers from first, so my vote stays where it is.  But, I think at this point it wouldn't be hard to convince  me to swing that way when time gets low.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »
Sleep time for me, so no posts from me for about 12 hrs.

Nothing really appears scummish to me as of yet, except for CPU/Unoriginal but thats only because of low post count.
No posts from Otter I* feel must be a role issue of some-sort, I* can't see scum playing that badly, and I* can't see otter deliberately not posting, then again if he is scum i'll admit, he is ballsy.
As for Tom, I* feel its just another Tsukihime, but honestly, I* have no idea.

Anyway in case you guys Lynch someone overnight, i'll be at my girlfriends this weekend so I* won't be able to post much, will try to keep an eye on things but I* will have limited time online.

*Happy Rat? I capitalize my I's now. (Yes this footnote is a waste of space)

Taishyr

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2008, 10:34:15 AM »
Nnnn, Excal... incivility isn't much of a proof of anything, period. For reference: Super vs. Hal debate, FFT mafia (I know you were a part of that one!). While it never degenerated too far, it was still not the most polite of situations. Both were town. Frustration has to express itself somehow, and I can't agree that it tells anything, scum or town.

However, you raise a good secondary point, and so I'll put it far more blatantly:

EvilTom: For the record, what are your thoughts on everyone else? Who would you guess at being scum or town, at this point, and can you give some justification for it? Yeah, it's day 1; try to look beyond or into that, as much as you feel justifies the situation.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2008, 11:07:34 AM »
Right, well my suspicions go to those who have sat back and watched the towny in-fighting. Looking past Otter for the moment (is he even playing?), post count is a good measure but content is a better one. At first I was suspicious of C-Rat for not getting involved (and post 1823 seemed really strange), but we're truly past that period now so that's no longer a consideration.
Veryslightlymad, Unoriginal, and Sopko stand out to me for... not standing out. They seem to be playing perfect scum by hiding under the radar, following established lines, posting *just* enough to stay out of LAL, but not getting involved in anything heated (ie. me).
To be honest, IMO the loudest/most useful people are the most towny, so I'd say smodge, King, Quietrain all look fairly safe. Shale too. The four of them look town to me.

VSM: Makes lots of short posts here and there, which are always unobtrusive, never presenting anything new.
Unoriginal has basically shut up since the self-vote.
Sopko makes two ultra-short posts, jumping on QuietRain's back; QR put a lot of work into that wall of text, so for Sopko to say "me too" and jump on the wagon seems... dodgy.

Anyway, it's about time I did something constructive, so there you go. I guess my original plan with the bait thing was to get people to talk (or do something), so at least I've partially accomplished that. May as well help out before hammer time >.>

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »
Okay, finally done.

QR's Tom case is the most detailed, I find, and yet I'm not convinced. QR makes several points, especially in her latest post, and yet most of them go along the lines of "bad town play or bad scum play". Well, yes. QR is entirely right -- I just happen to think it's the former. Does it mean town should let him live? In the absence of any target whatsoever, maybe. But we have other options open for us, so far.

CPU has very limited access, but a justifiable reason for not being around much doesn't give him a free pass on things. Either he can make up for it by doing what we crazy non-US guys do and try to make a post or two of content per day, or I'd be perfectly fine with pruning him.

Otter. I intend to vote for him out of principle, namely the lynch all lurkers principle. Is he scum? I personally doubt it. But if past record starts factoring into non-jokephase votes we might as well vote in Rat, the one who is always scum. (On that note, ##Unvote: Rat, ##Vote: Otter) For LAL to be even remotely effective actual lurkers should get voted for to get them to talk, or I'm missing the entire point of it.

Rat... well, he's more than happy to have Tom lynched, and as he knows him well I think he also must think that Tom's playing a bad town game. Whether Rat wants him dead to help town or because it's easy is anyone's guess.

Unoriginal. Assisted suicide aside, has he contributed anything? And no, I don't feel any irony saying that. I've got my excuses and opinions, I want to hear his in return.

Sopko gets a special mention for his generally weird behavior. At a glance, he seems to be just agreeing with people (with Yakumo on me, with QR on Tom, etc). I particularly don't get
It actually makes both Tom and Corwin look pretty bad.
here: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=268.msg1929#msg1929  So... if Tom is scum I must somehow be one as well? And vice versa? How does Tom failing at counting to three implicate me in any way? And yes, this was before my post here which could be seen as a defense of Tom, so what's the deal?