Author Topic: Discworld Mafia is go!  (Read 110881 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Discworld Mafia is go!
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »
Like I said.  If days keep on getting dragged out, then mods seem to like imposing rules to discourage that.  If we're only going to get so many shots of deadline lynches, I'd rather not waste one on a day where there's not much to learn, and the lynch is almost a foregone conclusion.

Granted, an answer from Alex or El Cid on whether I am interpreting that correctly would also be helpful on this point, as I could be misinterpreting how things stand in this game.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2008, 10:52:18 PM »
I'd like to add my name to the list of people who need to post more. <_<

In three of the games I've played here, I was twice on a team with Otter where we got to chat on IRC (once as scum, once as town), and he would never ever ever refrain from posting if it was within his power to do otherwise. He is far too careful and far too textbook for his (non)actions today to be intentional.

I would like to say I'm all for lynching Tom, but he just reminds me too much of Game 1 Super, Game 2 Monkeyfinger and Game 3 me. I won't cry if (when?) he gets voted off the island but I doubt I'll be the one to do it.

I recall QuietRain being aggressive against me in the FFT game (>:| thanks a lot, hinode) so her "pot shot" at Otter makes me lean town more than scum.

I don't remember much of what else has happened today other than VSM and some other dude needing to post more. Figures that I'd find a job between signups and actual game commencement. D:

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »
...It occurs to me that I didn't actually pick at anyone I would vote for.

brb fixin'

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2008, 10:58:51 PM »
There isn't one... today.  But we've got a horrible track record of dragging every single day out to the bloody end because we can't make up our minds unless someone with a power role speaks up.  This gives scum all kinds of time to weasel out of something or present another target, or cause chaos the way Super did in NR. 

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2008, 11:05:45 PM »
All right, who would I vote for?

- Smodge, for trying (or at least seeming to try) to break the joke vote phase incredibly early with fairly poor reasoning,

- VSM, for his "I don't want to talk" attitude. I've often held it myself in the past (mostly as scum since inventing reasons to post on Day 1 is a huge pain in the ass) but I've always talked anyway, and...

- Maybe Strago, for trying to pick at Tom because of the scumbus post (Smodge did this too IIRC). Am I the only one here other than Tom that immediately recognized it as a gag and treated it as such? <_<

Also, everyone without an avatar needs to get one. It's a hell of a lot easier to focus on post content when all you need to identify who's actually writing the post is a quick check of some cute little graphic out of the corner of your eye.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »
Update!

Carthrat (0): Cmdr_King, EvilTom, Corwin, EvilTom
Cmdr_King (0): Yakumo, IhatethisCPU
Corwin (0): Excal
EvilTom (9): Shale, Strago, Taishyr, QuietRain, Carthrat, Hunter Sopko, IhatethisCPU, Cmdr_King, Excal, Yakumo
Hunter Sopko (1): Nitori, Kilgamayan, Excal
IhatethisCPU (1): Cmdr_King, Bobbin Cranbud
Kilgamayan (0): Hunter Sopko
Nitori (0): Excal, Smodge13
Otter (3): Strago, Nitori, EvilTom, Corwin
QuietRain (0): Taishyr, Hunter Sopko
Shale (0): Carthrat
Taishyr (0): Quietrain, Bobbin Cranbud
Unoriginal (0): Unoriginal, Carthrat, EvilTom
VSM (0): Cmdr_King
Yakumo (0): Smodge13

With nineteen alive, it takes ten to lynch.

There are 2 hours until the deadline.

In response to the various queries: I don't have any intention of switching to a format where not having a majority by the deadline results in a no-lynch situation. For the forseeable future, we will continue having the player with the highest number of votes be lynched in the event of not having a majority vote by deadline.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2008, 11:21:46 PM »
Well, that kills my complaints about your actions, Shale.  Let's see if these two hours dredge up anything worth while.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
Bleh, got distracted by Patchcon, and by the time I remember to check this I'm swamped in new posts.
Not going to vote quite at the moment, even though I'd rather not have this drag on for too long.

As for my previous self-vote, I figured it'd be solidly in the joke-vote portion of the first day, and thus be harmless in the longer run.

Taishyr

« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »
Nrg. My main problem with the whole "feels like it's just a case of super/Monkey/you" sentiment that you bring up, Kilga, is that, well... What did living in FFT Mafia let Super do? Cause a massive smokescreen that only really dissipated when he died (although it had repercussions well beyond that). My feeling on EvilTom is that, even if is town -and- manages to survive, the scum will continue to be able to obliquely bring him up specifically for the purposes of distraction until he finally does get eliminated. And I'm not thinking he's town, at this point; the points against him feel far too numerous now, even if you discount a few, for me to ignore. So.

(Also, why aren't you voting yet?! Words are cheap, votes are forever - until you give them to someone else, yes, but that's irrelevant, since the record stays! If you don't think EvilTom is scum, put your money where your mouth is and place your vote on who you think -is- scum ...If I weren't confident on EvilTom, I'll be honest, that'd merit a vote from me right there.)

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2008, 11:30:26 PM »
Tai, there are four people who haven't voted.  Kilga is not among them, as he is the vote for Sopko.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2008, 11:32:06 PM »
Tai: because voting for anyone other than Tom right now is pointless.

But whatever.

##Unvote: HunterSopko
##Vote: Smodge13

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »
- Maybe Strago, for trying to pick at Tom because of the scumbus post (Smodge did this too IIRC).

What are you on about, i've never played in IRC?

More thought out post after breakfast.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2008, 11:34:24 PM »
Oh, no hammer yet? How exciting, I thought this would have finished by now.

Well, my opinion is that scum are too afraid to nail hammer, 'cos within the next 2 hours I'll flip as town. That much is obvious.
I don't have time to look for myself, but I'd be suspicious of those who pushed the train against me in small ways for stupid things. Especially where Kilgamayan makes a good point about Strago.  I'd follow up all the others who nit-picked stuff I said to further the train. Like picking on jokes.

Also something that has struck me as odd is anyone (especially smodge) saying:
"This is typical Tom, BUT I'm going to vote for him anyway"
There were a few people who said 'this is typical Tom, I shall not vote for him'. Those people are not 100% safe, but anyone who said that and then voted for me gets sus'd, please.
I'm not sure if Tai is doing it too, but I'd be wary of that.

I can hammer myself if you guys are done with discussion? Just tell me & I'll head out.
Edit: looks like there is still discussion going.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2008, 11:34:32 PM »
IIRC=If I recall correctly, Smodge.
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »

Also something that has struck me as odd is anyone (especially smodge) saying:
"This is typical Tom, BUT I'm going to vote for him anyway"

Tom, i haven't voted for you, specifically because IT IS typical Tom.
Flawed logic only harms you at the moment, so read more.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2008, 11:36:55 PM »

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2008, 11:38:50 PM »
No Kilga, he didn't go back and change that.  That'd be a nifty byproduct of the forum telling us people are still talking and asking us if we want to change what we said a bit to account for that.

Or I'd at least assume so.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2008, 11:39:14 PM »
I didn't edit my post, I edited what I was going to say because 5 more posts appeared after I clicked 'post' >.>

Smodge: My mistake. I don't have time to check now, others can do a post-mortem tomorrow.
And I think I'm beyond the point of caring about what hurts my case now at -1. I'm just trying to help the town.. my cred will be assured when I flip.

Edit: Yes, Excal is correct.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2008, 11:45:27 PM »
Okay, just making sure. I've snuck edits into SMF posts without getting the "This post edited by" tag before.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2008, 11:49:55 PM »
EvilTom (9): Shale, Strago, Taishyr, QuietRain, Carthrat, Hunter Sopko, IhatethisCPU, Cmdr_King, Excal, Yakumo

Ok, lets see
i've been studying up this game since the last, i recall once reading someone say "i always play scummy town, as it reveals more"
Tom may not be doing it on purpose, but this is typical tom behaviour and is just town playing badly (not deliberately of course).

In Tsukihime mafia, both Yakumo and B5S pounced on me and tom for being new and playing "bad town" so i can safely assume theres at least 1 scum on the tom wagon, who is also trying to stay below the Radar.

Of them all, Shale, CPU and Strago have posted the list.

So most likely at least 1 of them is scum trying to stay under the radars.

Strago personally seems like the worst, but only because CPU has a "valid" excuse.

## Vote: Strago

Doesn't do much good at this point, Tom i believe is just playing bad town.
I suggest Everyone look Closely at it, many of you have said he's playing bad town but your voting for him anyway
If he is probably town, admittedly a bad one, why vote for him? theres scum out there who would be better targets than a bad townie.
Tom, a name claim at this point would be nice.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2008, 11:52:56 PM »
oh, his was a joke vote, just a sec may remove it in a second.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2008, 11:54:04 PM »
Well it makes no difference because I'm vanilla, but I'm Twoflower.

I'd also like to say it's not *that* 'bad' town.. gameplay is subjective.

Day 1 can be quite unproductive, at least now on day 2 there will be lots to analyse. Hopefully some people have been a bit eager to get me lynched, or something like that. But still, I'd watch the quiet ones.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2008, 11:56:43 PM »
Well Seeya, I'm leaving~

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2008, 11:57:21 PM »
Ok
##Unvote: Strago
##Vote: CPU

Reread over everything, Strago looks bad but at least what he posted had a fair amount of content
Aso for CPU, not much content + an excuse.
Seems bad, especially because he jumped on the Tom train.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2008, 12:08:29 AM »
Hola! I have arrived in the topic.

Thoughts:
Posting a list is a good idea probably, if you're scum, but to assume that all good ideas for scum are naturally taken is kind of silly. Scum might just be playing badly.

Tom makes a role-call and role-claim and no one disputes it. If we still vote for Tom, we're essentially saying either A)Tom is Twoflower and Twoflower is Scum. B)Tom is Scum and Twoflower is an acceptable Scum Alias. or C)Tom is lying about being Twoflower and is also Scum.

There's a D)Tom is not lying and we're lynching a townie- option. I think anyone leaning that direction should not be inclined to vote on Tom this round.