Author Topic: DIE SUPER!!! - G'morning, 2009!  (Read 246368 times)

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
Re: Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows: G'morning, 2009!
« Reply #3325 on: November 20, 2009, 08:18:55 AM »
And all of the girls here are taken, so I can't even hit on them (it's just not cool to hit on someone else's girl).

I'm glad you mentioned that. This is a common misconception, stemming from broliferation. You see, your mailman is a bro. That kid who cuts your lawn is the bro of the future. But neither of them are your bro, so the Bro Code does not apply to them. Otherwise any sister with a brother would be off limits, due to Article 19: "The sister of a bro is always off-limits."

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3326 on: November 20, 2009, 09:08:57 AM »
Coincidentally, all of the girls here are also taken by guys that I know and like, so they fall under your Bro Code anyway. I tend to include any guy that's not an asshole under the Bro Code for the purposes of hitting on a taken women.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: November 20, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »
That didn't stop you from hitting on Tai's lamp post.  Bitch.

Christmas is good times, picking gifts is easy.  You buy something you want and give it away and if they don't want it you take it back and give them your emergency gift cards.  If they did want the present, fuck yes you have $200 in gift vouchers to spend.

But Christmas is still shit because FUCK THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY FUCK THAT SONG AND FUCK ANYONE THAT EVER FUCKING PLAYS PAR RUPPA PUM PUMP A JACkHAMMER UP YOUR ARSE HOLE AND FUCKING DIE.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: November 20, 2009, 05:18:04 PM »
I love Christmas purely in spite of all you haters. Goddamn.

My parents gave up on celebrating Christmas a few years ago, so I guess I just have an abundance of Southern Living building up inside me until it gets a chance to explode in ridiculously overdone decorations and gift-giving.

In the mean time, I will continue to be awkward about receiving gifts; wear my Santa hat even though I look terrible in ANY kind of hat; enjoy singing Christmas carols in July and not December just to piss everyone off; listen to Carol of the Bells in its 99,999,999 variations, repeatedly; and hoard all of the candy canes I can get my hands on. Oh, and gain another 10-15 pounds because I have a particular weakness for baked goods and goddamn do people "like" to bake this time of year.

Yay holidays!

(And BOO to the retailers who put up the Christmas decorations BEFORE HALLOWEEN this year.)
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: November 20, 2009, 05:19:11 PM »
(And BOO to the retailers who put up the Christmas decorations BEFORE HALLOWEEN this year.)

You don't get to complain until you see people decorating for Christmas mid-September.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: November 20, 2009, 05:20:07 PM »
My roommate/friend worked for Michael's (the craft store) and had that one shoved on me. No thanks. I love the holidays precisely because they happen once a year for a short period of time.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: November 20, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »
"Every Day Is Like Christmas" probably was what Morrissey wanted to sing back in Viva Hate to begin with. <_<

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: November 20, 2009, 05:49:22 PM »
I love Christmas purely in spite of all you haters. Goddamn.

My parents gave up on celebrating Christmas a few years ago, so I guess I just have an abundance of Southern Living building up inside me until it gets a chance to explode in ridiculously overdone decorations and gift-giving.

In the mean time, I will continue to be awkward about receiving gifts; wear my Santa hat even though I look terrible in ANY kind of hat; enjoy singing Christmas carols in July and not December just to piss everyone off; listen to Carol of the Bells in its 99,999,999 variations, repeatedly; and hoard all of the candy canes I can get my hands on. Oh, and gain another 10-15 pounds because I have a particular weakness for baked goods and goddamn do people "like" to bake this time of year.

Yay holidays!

Preach on. The only part of the holidays I dislike is putting up decorations, most specifically the christmas tree. Everything else is fun.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: November 20, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »
Preach on. The only part of the holidays I dislike is putting up decorations, most specifically the christmas tree. Everything else is fun.

That is the one tradition I truly miss in my family. It used to be the center-piece of the holiday preparations. We'd do it on a weekend about 2 weeks before Christmas. Go out to a tree farm and pick the perfect tree -- ginormous, of course, because we had lofted ceilings and my dad spent some of his childhood in Texas where bigger is ALWAYS better. Bring it home, spend an hour laughing as we tried to get it set up in the tree stand that was always too small/missing a piece.

We'd pick out the lights and garland we'd be using and start trying to untangle them enough to get them on the tree, realizing the bottom would have to be kind of bare because we didn't have THAT many lights. Then we'd get the boxes of ornaments out. We rarely bought new ones because we collected sentimental ones. Ones from vacations, ones from milestones, ones my brother and I made in school, ones given from relatives, or ones from special occasions. This took all night, of course, because between 4 people there are a LOT of special ornaments.

I really miss that. It was one of the VERY few times when everyone in my family was sitting together, talking about the family and remembering all the good times (or the bad, but couched in terms of how it helped us move forward).

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: November 20, 2009, 06:25:57 PM »
Remember Djinn: If she'll leave her boyfriend for you, she must not have been very happy in the first place, and you are sparing her from misery.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: November 20, 2009, 06:44:21 PM »
Your avatar is absolutely PERFECT with that post, VSM.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3336 on: November 20, 2009, 07:12:23 PM »
Y'know, if I ever get strapped for ideas, I could always do it Grefter's way.  It's only an extra step to what I do now really...
(My goal being the choosing of presents we BOTH would like or, absent that, a present that I could leave without signing my name that nonetheless would be immediately attributed to me.)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: November 20, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »
Things that have happened today that suck, all related to the JET program:

1. I get an e-mail back from the professor writing the last rec. letter saying he'll need 'til monday.  So I'm definitely not getting it out today.
2. The College advisor has not yet written the letter verifying my graduation this semester... this was the last letter I was waiting on picking up.  Hopefully it'll be ready by today.
3. I was copying my documents, and discovered that my physician didn't fill out all the Physician's form.  She didn't even sign it.  I ran over to the Student Health Center and got it back to her.  Hopefully it'll be ready today... My god, I almost had a kiniption fit when I saw the back of the form completely blank. 

I swear if this gets messed up because of the University... Ugh. 

Idun

« Reply #3338 on: November 20, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »
I'm not too sure how the JET program works, but if your mail is post dated prior to the due date for many things (like scholarships, what have you), they generally accept it as bona fide. I hope it all works out for you. Having a plan and it backfires because of resource gathering is frustrating. I know a student who had to stalk a professor because they offered to write a letter of recommendation, look over their paper for graduate school entrance AND modify their CV to look more alluring. Yet the professor kept giving them half or inadequate commentary, return or progress. And essentially, if a professor is willing to take on responsibility like that, they shouldn't have too much impeding on their schedules to do so.

I love the Holidays, I hate Holidays in stores. It comes faster than I'm willing. Putting up the Christmas tree, decorations and etc. are fun because they're collaborative and I get to see the creative side to my family when it happens. It's fun. Worst part is taking them down because it just becomes a hassle as the former is much easier. Thanksgiving is going to be big here, Christmas is going to be big. This is unusual since we've been lax on gift giving etc. over the years because of tight disposable income. Who knows. I'm just ready for the sweets. :] Also ready for my Spring semester student refund, tax refund and whether or not I'm able to go to Egypt and Barcelona. Egypt for school, Barcelona as a grad present. Learning colloquial Egyptian and I need a fellow speaker to help me out. I should stalk Fatma's father, but I should realistically stalk her. Father never taught her his native language. How unfortunate for her --- and with future retrospective, me.

Idun

« Reply #3339 on: November 20, 2009, 09:09:07 PM »
Also, I am SO fucking disgusted with people. This Shaniya Davis case? God. Fucking PEOPLE, I hate people. If it's not fucking war news, it's how fucking parents are sucking so much fucking ass and their children are suffering OR in this case, die from it. Really, I'm not from Texas but I firmly support the death penalty.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: November 20, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
The US JET site states clearly that all Applications need to be received by 5:30 On November 24th, and that it is not a post mark date.

I imagine that this is partially to scare students into not taking chances or putting things off.

I also imagine that I will still be able to meet the deadline as long as I overnight the application.  A credit card makes that cost not an issue, at least.

Man, I sure wish I had gotten all of this taken care of earlier, but I mean I'm not even that far behind.  Or really behind at all.  Last minute, yes, but still on time.  Just... not everyone else was.  Ugh.

Idun

« Reply #3341 on: November 20, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »
In case they give you all your stuff today, next day it if you have the money and interest in doing so.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: November 20, 2009, 09:34:06 PM »
They might.  Well, all except for the professor, who already told me he'd need until Monday.  I just hope to be able to pick it up as soon as he gets to the office and get the thing in the mail.  At the very worst, this gives me some time to revise some things in the application before printing it.  Which is what I'm doing now so I at least feel like I'm getting something done.

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: November 20, 2009, 10:07:14 PM »
JET's admissions people are insane. You know how for college admissions, there'd always be this one kid who was so freaked out over having stapled his essay together, and maybe he should've paperclipped it, and now he's going to get rejected? Everyone always told him, "You're fine, you're fine, relax!" And he was.

For the JET application, however, there are a billion people who will swear that is how strict they are. If you've stapled when they said paper clip, if your third packet is out of order but the first two are fine, if you didn't include three copies of every piece of paper, they'll toss it.

So glad I opted out of that process. Thank you, lazy professor, for continuing to fail at updating my grade so that I won't even bother with applications asking for my transcripts.

... I guess.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: November 20, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »
Sounds like it's a rather dickish way to be amazingly lazy.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: November 20, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
Your avatar is absolutely PERFECT with that post, VSM.
Veryslightlymad, Super Genius.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: November 20, 2009, 10:39:57 PM »
The only way I can see this as genius is if VSM actually convinces Djinn to hit on the girlfriend, she leaves the guy and then VSM advances on to the -

Oooooooooooooooooh.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:44:43 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #3347 on: November 20, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »
That's the MAC system, "Move in After Conquest."

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: November 20, 2009, 11:42:38 PM »
You both make me so proud.  That was a fantastic 2 man burn and you managed to do it after glowingly positive statements.  Very nice.

It works surprisingly well CK, I highly recommend it if you can afford it since it solves so many issues means you still gave thought to your present enough to show you cared and you might score some awesome loot from it.  Honestly, who wasn't going to spend money after Christmas anyway?  There is a retarded number of "sales" on that it is pretty easy to pick up anything and if you are as hopelessly materialistic as I am then you have spent the lead up to Christmas not buying everything you wanted because people had to give you something.

It is the practical solution to Christmas
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: November 21, 2009, 01:51:13 AM »
Christmas is great.  I get to see my family, exchange gifts, drink eggnog, and enjoy all the lights people put up in their lawns, which look so nice in the snow.  Best holiday ever.  Except for the syrupy pop Christmas music the chain stores play if you're foolish enough to go in them (I take the approach that if it wasn't sold in a craft fair, an ethnic grocery store, or a foreign country, it's probably not worth getting anyone).

Seriously, though, you guys ever heard of Thanksgiving?  It's a holiday they used to celebrate in America until it was discovered that the only products it helped sell were turkeys and cranberry sauce.  I've been told they even have a Canadian version!
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!