Author Topic: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.  (Read 676132 times)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.
« Reply #2100 on: April 30, 2009, 02:33:38 PM »
Nah, Mega Man X is just random shit with someone (Zero) dying, everyone else (Blanks), a main character who is emotionally overwrought due to (Blank faction) doing (Blank) with their (blank) and making (Zero) (Blank).  Madlibs Hamlet.  There isn't penis jokes, that was a second joke that if you didn't get that then you would suffice with a penis joke.

So I am talking about big fat dicks right now.

FF7:CC - Started this up, then restarted it, then restarted it again.  There being dudes in the scout towers is fail since you have no indication of it there and unless I really screwed up you need to get up to the second of the two towers before you can interact with one of them (Maybe just the first revolving wall?), so... yeah.  First missions bonus thing is kind of dumb.

The game is essentially you running around being broken and randomly getting buffs that make you invincible and then sometimes just doing a ton of damage for free.  Somehow this actually works.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 30, 2009, 02:58:42 PM »
Final Fantasy Amazon: I defeated the first fiend, Lich. After that, I decided to get the class change straight away.

Luca, Amazon --> Paladin
Yune, Priest --> Saint
Bob, Mystic --> Avatar
Koko, Monk --> M. Monk
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 30, 2009, 05:16:17 PM »
Speaking of which! What do I do with an Anna? I haven't really found much use for her yet =-/

Also should I really bother with gathering with Flaya at all? >_>

Anna comes into her own quickly. For synthing, have her synth accessories/some weapons/steel-type stuff, but she's decent at synthing a lot of stuff. In-battle, abuse Quick Dream early, use Helm Bash until Shadow Chase and, when you get Shadow Chase, abuse that. Her best damage, Dancing Blade Chaos, comes around C8, and it's pretty good too. She's also got decent Mag and is the first person to get a weapon that can have MGK+L synthed into, so you could slap Grand Ray or something on her for backup with Muramasa MGK+L.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: April 30, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »
Character quests I've decided to focus on Pamela/Flay/Roxis this game - agree with Snow about the Roxis entertainment though I think that mana got just as much at my expense too (unless I have to do Anna's to get her a mana or something?)

You can do all the character quests except the last one for each character in one playthrough, so don't worry about focusing on people.  Just do them all.  When you get to C11, you can do the last quest of ONE character and that locks you into the ending and locks you out of the last quests of the other characters.  Of course, you can save/reload to see them all if you want, but seeing all the character endings requires playing through the end of C11 and all of C12 eight times.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: May 01, 2009, 12:12:34 AM »
Just finish up Muppy's character quest.  He's the sexiest, so doing his to completion makes the most sense.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: May 01, 2009, 01:46:50 AM »
Star Ocean 4:

Narrator: When last we left our heroes, Edge just talked to a guy who was clearly NOT a villain cause he said so, and him and his buddies, which is now minus one archer girl, sets off to a military base, which is clearly NOT suppose to represent Area 51!
Edge: Ok, now we can walk around this area...hey, what's that area with lots of yellow units on the ma-
Faize: No! Edge! We'll get caught that way! Even if they're useless NPCs we could kick the crap out of cause we have a huge hulking giant with a PARTICLE CANNON that can blow stuff up, and he's probably immune to their bullets anyway.
Edge: Oh...then...lets head to that area to the south west where there's a save point, without walking into this big bulbous bubble that provokes your annoying whining then.
*Team does exactly that*
Klaus: Ok, I just need to use this pay phone to make a phone call!
Edge: ...what's a pay phone?
Klaus: What, you never heard of them?
Edge: Cell Phones are out of date technology by my ti-...er...ALIEN RACE's standards, so we hardly even have a good idea what those are...
Edge's Mind: Phew, dodged a bullet there.
Klaus: Whatever, I'm making this phone call now. *Calls* Yeah, its me, Klaus.  You know, the guy that quit? Yeah, I conveniently decided I want to help you out Milla.  No, this is definitely *NOT* a trap!  I swear, I want to help you out!
*Klaus hangs up the phone*
Klaus: So, the base will arrive any minute, you guys ready to set this trap in motion?
Bacchus: Indeed.  I will take your weapons and become invisible so they can't see me, and then give you them back when we're in the base!
Edge: ...wait, why you can't just go in alone, invisible, kill everything, get Reimi and that cat-girl back, and we walk out unscathed?
Lymle: Cause that's boring, Edgie, 'kay?
Edge: ...touche.

*They enter the base*
Guards: AHA! So you did return after all! And you brought us 3 ALIENS! Awesome, lets arrest them and give you a medal.
Klaus: Yes, thank you, I'll work hard. *turns to Edge* Psst, get into jail and I'll release you. This will also release a bunch of "test subjects" that will cause a ruckus...no, this isn't a convenient excuse to explain why you'll suddenly be dealing with monsters in random encounters instead of guards with shot guns.
Edge: Ok...wait, once you release us, aren't you going to get your ass kicked?
Klaus: Of course not, they'll never catch me!
Edge: What about the Monsters?
Klaus: Oh, I brought my Freak of Nature repellent, don't worry!
Guard: GET INTO THE JAIL CELL DAMN-
*invisible Bacchus smacks Guard while walking through*
Guard: ...what was that? Eh, probably just the wind.  Yeah, the wind is capable of smacking me bluntly like that.  Nevermind that we're indoors and underground, so I'll just ignore that!  ANyway, GET IN THERE!
*in jail*
Bacchus: Here are you weapons guys, I was carrying them awkwardly like this the entire time by balancing them on my arms!
Edge: Say Bacchus, why do we need to wait for him?  Can't one of us with our advanced technology just blast a hole in the wall?
Bacchus: No, we're in jail; didn't you just realize you can't do that in that scenario?
Edge: Yes, but that was cause of *insert techno babble Faize mentioned here*.  These are 1950s Earthlings, NOT super advanced ALIEN LIZARDS.  I think there's a slight difference in technological advancements here.
Faize: Well, Edge, while you were whining, it seems the door opened, so there's no need to use excessive force!

*shift to Klaus*
Guard: YOU BETRAYED US AGAIN WITH THIS ELABORATE TRAP!? HOW COULD YOU!
Klaus: Damn, you guys caught me and beat me up and...haven't shot me yet?  Ok, I'll take this time while I'm laying here and they leave to look at this CRYPTIC OBJECT THAT YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT IT IS FROM THIS CLOSE!
*back with Edge*
Edge: hey look, they have aliens here!
Faize: ...no, those things HAVE TO DIE NOW!
Edge: Why?
Faize: They're an insult to aliens everywhere! I mean, look at them.  They're midgets, with big blue bald heads, and dress in single color suits, and they use psychic energy.  I mean, geez, you can practically see the zipper on their backs.  As a REAL ALIEN, I am outraged by these 1950 Earthling Movie Stereotypes!
Edge: ...well, *ARE* in the 1950s...
Faize: THINGS DON'T WORK THAT WAY!
*after beating up a bunch of cliched aliens*
Edge: Well, that was eas-....
*Big fucking ape appears*
Bacchus: IT would appear that rumors of "Big Foot" were in fact true...and there's an infinite number of them.
Lymle: He smells, 'kay?
*they kill the apes*

Edge: So...is there anything else here?
Faize: Theoretically, Reimi, and that cat-girl Meracle or something.
Edge: You actually remembered her name?
Faize: Yes, didn't you?
Edge: No, I was just thinking about food at that point.  So where is this Cat-girl suppose to be?
*Door opens, 4 foot cat-girl jumps out of nowhere*
Cat-girl: I'M FREE!!! YAY!!!! TIme to fullfill my duty as a cliched overly energetic, high pitched, cat-girl stereotype!
Faize: ...that must be her...
Edge: Hi there!
Meracle: EEEEEK! GET AWAY FROM ME!
*she runs*
Edge: Well crap, now we need to chase her...
*Team follows*
Meracle: OH GOD! Its a monster, and his arms resemble tentacles, and I'm a Japanese Anime Stereotype Demi Human!   OH GOD PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE! ;_;
Edge: BIG DAMN HERO MOMENT POWERS ACTIVATE!!!
*the team beats the shit out of the monster*
Edge: So...uhh...Faize, how come your scan spell could see that bosses HP, but not that stupid Dragon back on the mother ship?
Faize: Dunno, I think Tri-Ace just likes to play with our minds.
Lymle: Hi there, Merry!
*Meracle jumps and kisses Edge*
Edge: Hot damn! Already got a kiss from a cat-girl!
Meracle: That's for saving me! *she kisses the others* that's also for saving me.
Edge: ...she even kissed Bacchus *sigh*
Bacchus: It was no trouble.
Bacchus's "mind": Damn I'm smooth!
Edge: Ok, so Meracle, we're going to take you home, come with us!
Meracle: No! We must find the professor!
Faize: Well, we still have to find Reimi, so we'll probably run into him anyway.

*Team enters a big open area*
Generic Guards: FREEZE ALIENS!
Edge: YOU'LL NEVER TAKE US ALIVE!
Woman: HOLD IT DUMB SHITS! I didn't say to attack them!
Edge: ...thanks, whoever you are?
Woman: Hi, my name is Milla Bachtein.  And yes, I'm Klaus' wife...or I use to be...I kept his last name though cause I'm fucking retarded.
Edge: Oh...well, hi there?
Milla: Well, PEOPLE FROM THE FUTURE, that ship is yours, right?
Faize: That's...wait, you know the truth?
Milla: Oh, yes, that girl I most certainly didn't torture who was with you told me willingly!  I'm also a scientist!  Can we please see your awesome energy source so we don't have to use nuclear energy?
Edge: Why do you want to do that?
Milla: TO PROTECT THIS WORLD!  ALso, protect those who aren't born *pats stomach*
Faize: Wait, you're pregnant?
Lymle: I thought Faize's people don't get pregnant, and he doesn't know what it is, 'kay?
Bacchus: Its a plot hole, Lymle, just let it slide.
Lymle: Okay, 'kay.
Edge: Oh, so I can prevent that nuclear war, sure!
Faize: Wait, Edge! THIS COULD HAVE REALLY BAD DOWNSIDES! Like you and Reimi could stop existing or something.
Edge: But I can save the world!
Faize: How do we know we can trust he?
Edge: Look at her! She's got no weird marks on her face, is dressed in a uniform that is COMPLETELY LACKING IN FANSERVICE, and is smiling, of course we can trust her!
Milla: Oh yeah, I'm definitely *NOT* a villain!
Edge: See?  Anyway, here's our device, just promise me you'll work together with aliens from now on, ok? Also, where's my friend?
Milla: She's in this side room!
*Team goes in there*
Edge: Reimi! She's...unconscious...and completely nude...YOU DID EXPERIMENT ON HER! YOU LIAR!
Milla: AHA! WHAT DID YOU THINK? THIS WILL MAKE OUR COUNTRY RULE!
Edge: YOU PROMISED!
Milla: Yeah, we will work with aliens...AS THEIR RULERS! *insert evil laughter here*
Edge: Bacchus, BLAST DOWN THE DOOR NOW!
Bacchus: Would you believe me if I said this entire chamber can survive a nuclear warhead?
Edge: *Sigh* Well shit.
Faize: Well, lets at least make sure Reimi's ok...
*Edge checks on Reimi*
Reimi: Hmm...oh, hi Edge, what happened?
Edge: Thank god you're alright!
*Reimi sits up, throws her blanket off*
Edge: Umm...Reimi, you sure you want to...
*Reimi notices she's completely naked*
Reimi: EDGE YOU PERVERT! *beats the shit out of Edge*
Edge's Mind: ...that was so worth the pain...

*Reimi conveniently gets clothes*
Faize: Um...bad news.  They're trying to use our crystal with a NOT WORKABLE DEVICE.
Edge: What's that mean?
Bacchus: It means the entire planet is completely fucked, with us in it, cause its about to turn into an energy mass.
*Shift to Milla*
Milla: MWAHAHAH! POWER! GIVE ME MORE POWER! I LOVE POWER! WITH THIS I SHALL BRING BACK KEVIN!   I SHALL ALSO BRING BACK KLAUS WHO ISN'T DEAD MY DEAR HUSBAND!  MOMMY WILL BREATHE LIFE INTO YOU BOTH!
*Shift to Edge's crew*
Faize: Oh my god, its worse than I thought, SHE"S COMPLETELY PSYCHOTIC!
Edge: We gotta get out of here!
Meracle: Hey, I hear my Ocarina!
*door suddenly opens, Klaus is on other side*
Klaus: Run to your ship, I'll deal with my FUCKING MORON of an Ex-Wife!
Meracle: No! You have to come with us to space! You're my only friend!
Klaus: There's no time! By which I mean you have infinite time cause there's no clock in the corner...
Edge: Sweet! Another RPG Cliche in our favor!
*Klaus gets to Milla*
Milla: YES! I AM SUPREME OVERLORD OF THE SHREWS!
Klaus: Kevin wasn't your fault; our son doesn't want this...even if he's not technically alive...
Milla: ...you're right, I will suddenly stop shouting like a moron.

*at the ship*
Edge: We made it! Wait, Meracle, GET OVER HERE!
Meracle: NO! NOT WITHOUT THE PROFESSOR! He's my only friend!
Edge: We're you're friends too! ...wait, I got a better idea, CUE HALLUCINATION MODE FAIZE!
Faize: Roger!
*Edge looks like Klaus for a split second*
Meracle: PROFESSOR!!!! *she jumps into the ship*
Faize: Uh, Edge, bad news.  Without our power source, we kind, you know, CAN'T GET OUT OF HERE ALIVE!
Edge: So we need that crystal...WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!
Meracle: Crystal? *looks at pendent cues flashback*
Past Meracle: You're my best friend, take this Ocarina Professor!
Klaus: Ok, take this pendant in payment!
Past Meracle: Yay!!!
*end flashback*
Meracle: Say, will this work?
Faize: Wow, that's the BEST FUCKING CRYSTAL I'VE EVER SEEN! Lets do this!

*Team escapes Past Earth, Earth goes boom*
Bacchus: Good news everyone!  We have successfully gotten back to our own time due to some weird spacial interference.
Reimi: Alright, we can go home now!
Bacchus: Oh yeah, and since both Edge and Reimi are still alive, its probably that Earth was in another dimension.
Reimi: Really? That means our home is still alive, right Edge?
Edge: WHY DOES IT MATTER!? Its my fault Earth blew up!
Reimi: But we have proof our earth is still alive!
Edge: SHUT UP! We're suppose to be happy we blew up a planet but ours is still alive? Alternate dimensions be damned, I DESTROYED A PLANET! ITS MY FAULT!  I gave them the key to that Pandora's box! The entire planet blew up. EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING
*3602 Everythings later*
Edge: EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Faize: In other news, we probably should land on a planet just to make sure the ship is fully ok...
Bacchus: Lets head to Roak.
Reimi: Is that a cheap attempt to link this game with Star Ocean 1?
Bacchus: Yes it is, and by my calculations, it cannot fail!
Reimi: Edge, give the orders to land!
Edge: ...
Reimi: EDGE DO IT DAMN IT!
Lymle: Reirei, Edgie's angsting, 'kay?
Reimi: No, he's not, he'll snap out of it soon, right?
Edge: *Goes Heroic Blue Screen of Death Mode*
Reimi: ...or not.  Ok, until Edge stops being a wanker, I'M THE ACTING LEADER! ANYONE OPPOSE? NO? WELL GOOD! Now, lets head off!
*TV screen turns on*
Welch: HI THERE EVERYONE! WE HAVEN'T SPOKEN IN A WHILE! I BET EDGE AND REIMI ARE GETTING ALL <3 behind my back!
Meracle: Who are you?
Lymle: Welchie's funny...
Welch: A CAT-GIRL!? So that's who Edge is going out with!
Reimi: Is there any point to this conversation?
Welch: NONE AT ALL!

*after the team gets out of Hyper Space*
Faize: WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!! </Protoss Voice>
Reimi: Uh-oh, whose firing?
Faize: A ship not from Eldar or Earth, so uh...
Reimi: FIRE OUR SPACIAL TORPEDOES!
Faize: Um, this ship is not equipped with such weaponry...
Reimi: So basically, what you're saying is we're screwed?
Faize: Well, unless a  Deus Ex Machina saves us...yes...
*Black Ship gets blasted by a different ship*
Reimi: Oh, how convenient, a Deus Ex Machina!
White Haired Bishie from Eldarian Ship: I have chased off those guys!
Reimi: Thank you for saving us!
WHBfES: Shut up! I didn't save you! I'm clearly going to become a villain later in the game, so remember, I DON'T LIKE YOU!  I'm gone!
Faize: Don't take it personally; 13th Division Eldarians are total jack asses.
Bacchus: So we took some negligible damage WE MUST REPAIR THE SHIP IMMEDIATELY! LEts get to Roak!
Edge: ...do we have to go?
Reimi: Yes.
Edge: Why?
Reimi: Cause our ship is damaged.
Edge: But do we have to land on a Star Ocean 1 planet?
Reimi: Do YOU see any better planets? NO? THOUGHT SO! Now quit your angsting, get your sword out, we're gonna have to beat up some monsters on the overworld in an attempt to repair our ship! This will also require us running around like maniacs and getting to a town!
*Star Ocean 1's Astral Music kicks in*
Meracle: How nostalgic!
Bacchus: This place is like the middle ages of Earth, so we have nothing to worry about!
Reimi: Right, lets get going!
*team starts travelling*
Meeple: You know, I should probably start changing my team around to use lowest level characters now that I have more than 5.  *puts Edge and Bacchus on reserves for Reimi and Meracle* ...wait, did I just replace an easy to use Swordguy and Mega Man with an aRcher and a Cat-girl?
Meeple's Brain: Yes, you did
Meeple: Ok.
*Random Encounter engages*
Reimi: There's something...different about this fight...
Faize: What do you mean?
Reimi: The music...its...completely different...
Bacchus: Oh, that's For Achieve.  Its Star Ocean 1's battle theme.
Reimi: They're really going all out on the fanservice, aren't they?
Bacchus: My algorithms state that this would be the case.
Reimi: ...aren't you suppose to be on reserves and out of this battle?
Bacchus: Oh, right, sorry! *he disappears*
*fight ends, team shifts around a bit, etc.*
Lymle: Hey, those people have a tail like Merry.  Is this Merry's home?
Faize: Probably!
Meracle: I dunno, I told you I don't remember anything besides being a stow away!  Though it smells similar to what I remember...
Reimi: Enough talking, lets move out!
Faize: Just as a warning, due to bad programming, we might get hit with a random encounter as soon as we get out of this plot scene...
Reimi: That's not going to-...

*It happens*
Reimi: ...Faize, next time, please tell us BEFORE the plot scene?
Faize: Will do! But these things are hard to anticipate.
*battle ends, Edge got winning blow*
Edge: *just stands there not saying anything despite leveling*
Reimi: Damn it Edge! You're suppose to be cheerful when you win!
Edge: ...but I'm still angsting, I can't break out of character...
Reimi: ...I think I'm going to be stuck as leader for QUUIIIITE a while.  On the upside, I think I've gained some character development, as I stopped being an annoying whiny bitch and am actually acting like strong willed female lead!
Lymle: Stop breaking the fourth wall, Reirei, 'kay?
Bacchus: Yes, and...WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING!?
*A person on a large Pink rabbit jumps by*
Lymle: BUNNY!!!!!!!!!
Reimi: He's lucky; it'd be so much easier if we had one of those!
Meeple: ...god damn do I need a save point and a shop.  I'm running out of resources for like the first time ever!
*Team reaches town*
Meeple: FUCK YES! Now I can...*plot scene occurs, it skips a few times* You better not fucking freeze on me game! *Game actually listens* Good...
*shift a few minutes earlier to plot scene*
Faize: Ah, finally a town...
Edge: Whatever...
Freaky Monks: Eyesu Dome Nei *Smacks selves in the head* Doma en erequiem *smacks self*
Reimi: I wonder what's up with them.
Edge: Who cares, it has nothing to do with us...
Reimi: I...guess...you're...right?  Oh well lets...wait, my leg seems to suddenly have something wrong with it? Oh, I'm sure its nothing!

------
Faize: Bacchus, can I ask you a question?
Bacchus: Yes?
Faize: Let me get this straight.  Reimi gets kidnapped, stripped naked, probably raped, and suddenly is now suddenly acting more secure with herself instead of just smacking Edge, right?
Bacchus: Yes, she is, I seem to have picked that up myself.
Faize: HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT MAKE ANY REMOTE REALISTIC SENSE!?
Bacchus: You're looking for realism in a video game...don't.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 01:54:31 AM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2106 on: May 01, 2009, 03:58:42 AM »
Faize: Let me get this straight.  Reimi gets kidnapped, stripped naked, probably raped, and suddenly is now suddenly acting more secure with herself instead of just smacking Edge, right?

Makes perfect sense - a video game female finally realized she can't count on her whiny childhood boyfriend to save her ass, so she's taking the necessary steps for survival.

Also, it was less scathing than last time, but this was another fun Meeplized SO4 script entry. When I was playing this in Japanese, I found myself filling in the holes in my translation abilities with some lines that were eerily similar to your comments. E.g. 'What happened?' 'Another RPG Cliche in our favor! Yes!'

-Djinn

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: May 01, 2009, 04:02:35 AM »

Makes perfect sense - a video game female finally realized she can't count on her whiny childhood boyfriend to save her ass, so she's taking the necessary steps for survival.

Sure, as long as you merrily ignore the emotional scars that rape kidnapping should inflict on just about any person. Sounds like the writers tried to use an emotionally impacting event and just skipped the inconvenient parts for the sake of instant character development just add water. Can't speak for myself, not having played the game nor seen the scenes, but that sounds amazingly stupid.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: May 01, 2009, 04:16:55 AM »
Yeah, Snow hit the exact point I was eluding at.  Most situations like that would lead to some large amounts of emotional scarring, at least for a short term result, instead of "I MUST BECOME STRONGER!"  Not to mention, while the "rant" doesn't portray it, the game doesn't actually connect the two at all, so it just kind of says "Yeah, that mentally scarring scenario for anyone, especially a girl of Reimi's age? It did NOTHING to her! But a simple Heroic BSoD by her best friend and superior on the other hand..."
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: May 01, 2009, 06:23:19 AM »
Platinum:  Had one reset to Wake, I mean Crasher Wake, due to Gyarados flinch hax with Waterfall.  Left me too weak to deal with his Floatzel.  Rival battle in Canalave was damned hard, and took me several tries with my (now) underleveled team.  Byron's Steelix was competent, but his Bastiodon sucks more than before - if that's possible.  Also got the Sekrit Key over wi-fi, so I will be able to access Mowtom, Blowtom, Flowtom, Snowtom, and IWannaBeAHotom.

PWI:  Did my FB51 with cleric, will do FB59 with blademaster tomorrow.  New supply packs are sexy, although they really are clever about getting people to spend money on the game.  Genies soon...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: May 01, 2009, 06:35:16 AM »
MMX8 - Beat this. It's cool. Rant later, maybe!

Okay, brief one now:

The good: Three PCs, ability to switch between two PCs, special weapons don't suck, secrets didn't annoy me, awesome final boss fight and fun bosses before then too.
The bad: Game is small even for a MMX game (only two real Sigma stages), fewer continue points/no midway points, no midway point before the final boss, Gigavolt Man-o-War's stage.

Overall very good. MMX and good boss fights always combine for a blast, and the initial pros I listed were amazing at breathing more life into the series.

X > Axl > Zero overall, but solid balance generally, and all have their clear niche.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: May 01, 2009, 07:09:45 AM »
*Stares at the Meep rant

.....What has SO4 done to him???

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: May 01, 2009, 07:31:32 AM »
*Stares at the Meep rant

He's crossed the line from normal, everyday villainy to cartoonish supervillainy.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #2113 on: May 01, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »
*Stares at the Meep rant

You speak as if he doesn't usually post multi-page dissertations, even on games he professes not to like.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2114 on: May 01, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »

Sure, as long as you merrily ignore the emotional scars that rape kidnapping should inflict on just about any person. Sounds like the writers tried to use an emotionally impacting event and just skipped the inconvenient parts for the sake of instant character development just add water. Can't speak for myself, not having played the game nor seen the scenes, but that sounds amazingly stupid.

Well, the scene is a little vague on what exactly they did to Reimi to get information out of her. Rape seems a bit extreme considering her reaction... More likely they did something akin to Truth Serum, which, while possibly scarring and might leave her with a hangover, isn't quite the same image that Meeple portrays in his SO4 script.

Though Meeple's version is funnier. :)

TranceHime

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: May 01, 2009, 10:34:17 AM »
Final Fantasy Amazon: Completed. It's been a fun ride, but one-rounding Chaos is the best I can do for now.

19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: May 01, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »
Reimi wasn't harmed in any way there. Meep is just making an erroneous assumption.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2117 on: May 01, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »
SMT:DS:RKvsTSA - First impressions: Zombies with Fedoras. Game of the Year.

ToV - Still playing this. The plot has officially kicked in... unfortunately. Still, I'm enjoying it anyway and I don't want it to end. The cheesy story is just enough reward that any time I'm annoyed with slogging through dungeons (which is rarely due to really fun battles and so-far-non-annoying puzzle design), I can grab a story scene, fight a boss, and get inspired to do it all over again. It's laughably easy, but there's all kinds of meta challenges (gotta get that combo count over 75 before the broken skills are available!) and there's even a few rewards for challenging yourself that way (titles/costume pieces/etc.). The gameplay is perfectly-designed Djinn-bait, as expected. The characters have just enough tropes that I recognize them, but there are some fairly unique trope combinations among them so it's fun to watch them interact. I don't know what the big villainous motivation is yet, but I'm dreading the moment of finding out... The story seems... salvageable right now, but it won't take much to push it over the edge into ALL-CAPS PLOT! territory.

-Djinn

TranceHime

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: May 01, 2009, 02:30:19 PM »
Final Fantasy Plus Plus: The second FF1 romhack of the FF1 Romhack Marathon I'm planning.

I can only summate my thoughts on this with one picture of less weak-looking Garland:

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: May 01, 2009, 04:20:28 PM »
Mana Khemia- Chapter Seven! Chapter Six was a blast but didn't really seem that long of a chapter. Maybe it was because I was having fun. Only thing that took a while was the end of chapter fight which caused resets until I realised hey look Silence works yay Thundering Hammer Jess ^_^ Before that had an epic attempt where I kept reviving everyone until I ran out of Nectars, sparing Nectar use on Pamela for Immortal Body and once they were all gone anyway had a duo of Jess and Pamela with Healing Echo and Immortal Body abuse until they couldn't keep up with the enemies anymore, as well as lack of SPs for Jess >_> I'd managed to get rid of one opponent though!

Chapter Five final was cheesed with twinked Jess doing over 2000 with a Finishing Burst <_<

Did a lot of synthing recently, including a mass synthing bout this morning. Getting a head start for the rest of the chapter. Did a lot of stuff. According to a FAQ I've missed a lot of stuff too but oh well >_>

Yeah Jess has over 200 MA now whilst Pamela only has 192, I don't know if it's possible to synth anything better than the Steel Claw now/before this though.

Thanks for the advice guys =-)

Anna comes into her own quickly. For synthing, have her synth accessories/some weapons/steel-type stuff, but she's decent at synthing a lot of stuff. In-battle, abuse Quick Dream early, use Helm Bash until Shadow Chase and, when you get Shadow Chase, abuse that. Her best damage, Dancing Blade Chaos, comes around C8, and it's pretty good too. She's also got decent Mag and is the first person to get a weapon that can have MGK+L synthed into, so you could slap Grand Ray or something on her for backup with Muramasa MGK+L.

Ah ... Yeah I really have missed a lot of stuff =-( Anna's really low on AP now too (less than 300) and I don't even have any of that xD
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: May 01, 2009, 04:30:35 PM »
Oh yeah I highly recommend Flay if you aren't using him liberally CT, very good.  Anna is a fairly solid swap character for most of the game to alternate back and forward to regen SP on other people/regen her own SP.  Then when you unlock the Support skills she is an amazingly versatile character that probably unlocks the most strategic options of the lot with them (Roxis probably provides more overall with his groovy skillset, but yeah Anna's defensive and offensive skills are both very effective and flexible).

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: May 01, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »
Anna's been useful as a fighter/mage so far. Muppy and Pamela are the ones sitting in the back row in serious fights.

MK- Near the end of C7.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: May 01, 2009, 05:11:15 PM »
Pamela's weapons stop showing up around midgame there, so she'll fall back a bit on damage.

Anna's pretty much built as a fighter/mage.  Her weapons increase magic and she has a solid base stat there as well.  Nice to have someone around who can AoE/MT nuke some enemies as well as give them an old fashioned physical beatdown.

I never bothered much with Flay myself, but yeah he's pretty good.  Highest ATK score in the game, Buster Star is hax, and he has that quick ATK buff.  Later on can nuke defense for bosses.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: May 01, 2009, 05:56:02 PM »
Flay is more a boss fighter than a random slayer (which he does alright at, but you just spam basic attack and rotate him with people who's SP you will spend to boost his speed effectively and regen their SP).  He is probably the best character for taking on bosses and he is really exceptional at it.

Bardiche

« Reply #2124 on: May 01, 2009, 09:44:39 PM »
Recently got Xenosaga Episode 1 and Romance of the Three Kingdoms X.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms. So. I started my own empire in the ninth scenario (already beat the first, wanted to go for immortality~) and I serve under this lady for a while.

After a year or two, I decide I want my own army, and forge an Alliance with my former sovereign. All's well and stuff, and after another three years I own 1/4th of the map, my ally owns the other 1/4th and our mutual enemies contain little bits and pieces.

Then my ally gets a stroke of brilliance. "Let's attack my ally!"

... So, yeah, she attacked my capital and I was forced to route her with my Marksmen. HINT: DIDN'T GO WELL FOR HER.

A year later I'm down to one city, my (ex-)ally has two cities and our mutual enemies are reduced to 2, one who owns half the map and the other who's slugging around.

I have 40,000 men, one city, not enough income to last me another three months and continuous attacks every month.

;_; Damn you stupid ally.