Register

Author Topic: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.  (Read 676378 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.
« Reply #2525 on: May 26, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »
Thanks Gref, I decided to leave it this time round.

Grandia 2- Finished. Final = joke, Millenia = awesme, Tio = MVP, Elena = fail. Will post full thoughts when I next have time.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: May 26, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »
Wallace and Gromit: The Last Resort: Played through.

For some reason it took me a while to get around to playing this. Ah well.
Easily better than the previous episode. There weren't any puzzles that I would consider as egregious as a couple from the first, although some people may consider this a bad thing. Mostly I'm happy that there was one section where you can provide almost any item or character as an answer to a puzzle and each one causes a unique response, a complete backflip on how TTG tend to work. Of course then they partially ruin things by kicking you out of the puzzle on wrong answers, which doesn't take all THAT long, but seeing the opening/closing sections over and over as you go through every option is mildly painful. Still worth it in my opinion, but the fact that you did a similar segment before this where you could choose different options over and over until you got the right one without having to do this...

Theoretically, the game can't progress at all until the correct answer to the earlier one is found whereas you may not have the items/knowledge you need for the later part, but you have the ability to drop out of the puzzle manually anyway. Tsk.

In any case, it was pretty nice all up. Still nothing like the level of TTG S&M, but a decent use of my time.

Fire Emblem SD: Started this. Up to chapter 14.

I was highly distressed to discover that I have been misinformed about the sacrificial segment of the prologue, in the sense that it doesn't happen at the very end and consequently the one starting character that deserves it, you don't have yet. I ended up having to off Jagen instead. Sadness. It did not take very long for Draug to suffer an unfortunate accident in the game proper however.

Currently I have 16 characters, so I'm going a bit worse than I should be. Don't tell Roger or Beck but they are likely to have a bridge dropped on them next chapter. And I have only just realised the coincidence of choosing those two now that I come to type it out... If Gordin doesn't start improving soon he may end up forgetting to hide behind other units, been a serious disappointment so far. Although to be fair I went to consider using the archer I forget the EN name of that starts off in the prison, only to find that he was worse than my disappointing Gordin. And this is not the sort of behaviour to have if you want to be freed from prison as opposed to being placed in the line of fire of the surrounding archers.

Lena is already promoted and my closest attacking unit is still 6 levels away from 20. That's pretty amusing compared to FE1.

I have to say I like this version of the forging system. Mostly because upgrading the rapier/wing spear is sick and wrong. You too can have a five-strength Shiida who does ~30 per hit to armoured units. Seems like accuracy/critical improvements are still nowhere near cost-efficient compared to might improvements though.

Have not bothered reclassing yet. It falls too much into the realm of too much changing information for no real gain for me to care about, I'm afraid. It's a nice idea, but I don't see much overall point to it.

I like how Ballistae battles sprites looking like they're using what they're using, something which was done back in the dark ages of FE1, is basically missing from this. Progress!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: May 26, 2009, 07:55:57 PM »
Valkyria Chronicles- Did Chapters 12-14, as well as Rosie's Report. Stopped before Chapter 15's battle. The fight scene previous was expected but still freaking cool. DLed Edy and Selvaria's Missions from the store and did Edy's. Not bad actually. Almost worth the five bucks, and I'm sure Selvaria's will actually be worth far more than the five bucks, so it all evens out. Was nice at least, since the only one in Edy's I actually use is Marina, who wins with her deadpan victory cry at the end. "And the puppy's safe... yay."

She's Sniper Tear, I tells ya.

I found myself doing that a lot in VC--using someone just because I liked their voiceclips. Think they did a pretty good job of differentiating the PCs given how many of them there are.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: May 26, 2009, 10:43:26 PM »
S3 - I haven't found a single Copper Sun yet in the Ancient Highway, but I haven't tried very hard. On the other hand, the game just handed me a Double-Strike Rune from a chest in Mt. Hei-Tou, so it balances. Between a Fury Rune and a Double-Strike, Emily and Juan will be happy campers from the get-go this time around. I think the game just loves me this playthrough. By the same token, it also hates itself, but like this isn't the case with every Suikoden ever.

Also:

mua durability what the flying fuck. Especially with that Chaos Shield from the same chest that gave me the Double-Strike.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:24:04 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: May 27, 2009, 12:46:55 AM »
Valkyria Chronicles- Did Chapters 12-14, as well as Rosie's Report. Stopped before Chapter 15's battle. The fight scene previous was expected but still freaking cool. DLed Edy and Selvaria's Missions from the store and did Edy's. Not bad actually. Almost worth the five bucks, and I'm sure Selvaria's will actually be worth far more than the five bucks, so it all evens out. Was nice at least, since the only one in Edy's I actually use is Marina, who wins with her deadpan victory cry at the end. "And the puppy's safe... yay."

She's Sniper Tear, I tells ya.

I found myself doing that a lot in VC--using someone just because I liked their voiceclips. Think they did a pretty good job of differentiating the PCs given how many of them there are.

Oh my group doesn't factor in anything as complicated as voice-clips. It was just a combo of looks and people they liked. I did switch out the pacifist girl for Freesia when I discovered how much it kicks in though. Plus Scout + Desert Bred = HAHAHAHA anything close to desert/sandy missions. Plus she's the best looking Scout.

Yes, I'm a bad person.

Also, I could SWEAR that Jann is voiced by Bender.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:48:51 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: May 27, 2009, 05:27:12 AM »
FM4: Stage 26 and such.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: May 27, 2009, 06:09:04 AM »
VC: Chapter 7.

That was the most intense battle I've ever seen in an SRPG. The game gets credit for busting out the plot powerz and still forcing you to earn a hard-fought, edge-of-your-seat win against things that can very, very easily kill you.

Fun, although scary as all hell.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: May 27, 2009, 06:38:01 AM »
FF8 Twink Challenge - Completed

Sat down today to finish it. Lionheart's Multiplier is SILLY (seriously, 17 hits at 4.5x a regular physical? That's a 76.5 mult >_>). As for the Bosses...

Adel - Seems like the amount she drains from Rinoa differs depending on her level. My guess is though its all a relative portion of Rinoa's health. Main concern was to kill Adel before Rinoa died. Given my set up, I could pretty much eat anything else she threw at me and still live, so it didn't matter. Needless to say, Squall bumrushed the crap out of her.

Sorceress Gauntlet - All of them were OHKO'd except for the last one who ate a physical and then a 5 hit Renzo thanks to Squall being weakened by Adel and the previous Sorceresses.

And then, Ulty's servants were fought in the following order
Sphinxara - Spam attack. Win

Tri-Point - Mostly spam attack. Absorb lightning obviously, but put self into sweet spot range before hand so that I can Renzo despite getting healed. He almost got Oncharge off which would've fucked me up big time.

Trauma - Hey look, his pulse cannon does like 900 damage. Renzokuken says hi

Red Giant - Epic. He has perfect defense. Squall has lots of strength + hitting weakness and blind'd him in one attack. Sweet spot range for Renzo spam go go go. This is the guy that can tank a Lionheart and still keep going. Many Renzos later and he finally goes down.

Gargantua -  Three physicals to kill the Vysage before hand. Gargantua has Berserk, which is cute considering Counter twist deals a respectable amount of physical damage. I got a Renzo off before hand though, so I killed him before he killed me with counters.

Krysta – Sweet spot for Renzo range (around 3000 HP). 2 Renzos is all it can take. However, counter + final Ultima means around 2000 damage guaranteed to be dealt, which is why you need that sweet spot for this one.

Catablopas – One reset. Underestimated Meteor, which dealt 360 per hit. Double KO! Second time, I came back with Auto Shell. One Renzokuken later and a winner is me

Tiamat – Absorb Fire/Ice/Thunder. Doesn’t matter at this point since he can’t really do anything to you

Ultemecia – 0 resets! A number of things can actually go wrong in this fight. For example, if she pulls three people that have been KO’d and revived due to Save Point BS and then casting a MT spell, you lose. This didn’t happen as she picked Squall as one of the starting three. First form dies to one Renzokuken.

Greiver – Need Auto Shell for this one, since Shockwave Pulsar deals around 5500 damage. So having Auto Shell allows you to have lower HP threshold and lets you pull off Renzokukens instead of physical spam. Important as Greiver has Doom, which can definitely screw you over. Anyways, 4 attacks + 1 Renzokuken = gg

Ulti/Griever – Mmm..I got a Lionheart here, so!

Final Ultimecia – This completely hinges on which junctions she blew away. If HP is gone, then you need to kill Ultimecia’s subpart to prevent her from nuking you to kingdom come with Apocalypse. If she blew away your Strength junction, then spam Renzo constantly since losing any other junctions can become bad. Hope for Lionhearts. If she blew away Elem Attack/Elem Def for healing, you’re in trouble since Hell’s Judgment + anything = gg. If that happens, spam Renzo, then attack as fast as you can to get the plot KO to kick in. My run here faced none of these problems until the end where she blew away my Meteor. So basically at the point where it didn’t matter and I could plot KO her with Excalipoor anyway. 2 Renzokukens finish her off.

GF ranking:
1. Carbuncle – Has way too many good abilities. Ability x3 + HP/Vit junctions and St-Def so you don’t need to touch Siren ever again. I also gave it Card afterwards which let me stop using Queztacolt for good, so it was my staple GF
2. Cerberus – Has way too many junctions and a few awesome abilities to go with it. And afterwards, lots of leftover slots so you can teach him stuff like Str+60% or HP+80%. Junctioning both Carbuncle and Cerberus usually gave me enough for any situation. Cerberus loses points because he joins much later, at which point, Carbuncle likely has a few things invested ahead of time. Plus it takes Cerberus AGES to learn Auto Haste and St-Defx4. Good thing for him Cactuar Island is available like right afterwards so he’s not penalized as heavily on this.
3. Queztacolt – Has Card and Card Mod. Gives you early game 100 Triples to smash everything into pieces. Later on, you still need Card Mod. And if you didn’t give Card to any other GF, he’s your EXP avoider. Very important even though he’s not impressive junction wise.
4. Ifrit – Early Strength junction + Strength +40% and HP junction. Ifrit dominates early on. Also has Ammo RF, which you need for those Pulse ammos too.
5. Brothers – Earliest to get HP+80%, which is already awesome. Aside from that, him + Carbuncle gives you a nice list of junctions before Cerberus and Doomtrain come to take over. Later on, he has nothing though.
6. Doomtrain – St-Defx4 is redundant thanks to Cerberus. What sells Doomtrain are Elem-Def x4 and Auto Shell. Both are very cool abilities and he has them on his initial ability list. Plus when he arrives, you can get back to Cactuar Island fairly soon.
7. Shiva – Earliest Strength junction, which you need for the Dollet mission. Nets her this high despite being completely useless afterwards!
8. Diablos – Earliest and possibly your only GF to learn Mug if you get lazy. Need Mug to get a few refining items and ingredients, so don’t brush it off. Enc-None is also godly and has HP+80% as well. Also has Time Mag RF for your Triples. He was a pain to junction at all times however since he never provided anything useful junction wise.
9. Pandemona – Speed + Strength is cool. Pandemona gets way too little GF time before Cerberus shows up and completely over shadows. It’s like Orlandu vs. Meliadoul all over again. Pandemon to its credit, has Initiative. This makes your Cactuar hunting easier and is useful against Tonberries!
10 . Siren – Has L Mag RF and Move/Find. Nothing else pretty much. Tool RF is way too situational for it to be any use. And the rest of her abilities are garbage. Lolmag-j
11. Alexander – Uh…uh…it has Med Level UP for out of battle use >_>? Elem Defx4 rendered moot thanks to Doomtrain coming so close. Learns…pretty much nothing else.
12. Tonberry – Call shop in Disc 4 is worth a few points for restocking HP to get Squall to a sweet spot range.
13. Leviathan – It has a Spirit junction at a point where you might not have spirit junction!
14. Cacutar – It has EVADE AND LUCK!!!1111!
15. Bahamut – In fairness if you never got a Rosetta Stone or decided to avoid GF customizing, it would probably be higher because Ability x4 is awesome and he has innate Strength+60%. However, he comes so damn late. And he DROPS a hyper wrist for you, so that Str+60% point is moot. Both Carbuncle and Cerberus have free GF space to learn Ability x4 too, so he’s largely useless, but still better than…
16. Eden – this guy. Lolultimategf what

And that as they say is that. Overall thoughts:
Its quite a fun challenge and does pretty much as advertised in the twink league. Some key differences:
1) In the twink league is that Squall can’t adjust his HP whereas he can in game. Huge advantage he has here since opening Renzokukens can be such a vital step that it becomes impossible for the enemy to come back from.

2) In twink league set ups, Squall never gets any of the abilities such as Auto Haste, which are very awesome and something that amplifies the power of the twink in-game.

3) St-Atk is basically glorified in the DL (partly thanks to Drain). It was my LEAST used junction next to something like Mag/Luck/Eva. Two reasons for this. One is that if you’re healing, the status you used can’t be something lethal otherwise you will kill yourself with it. The other is just that most bosses are not susceptible to particular lethal statuses. Sure Red Giant gets owned by Blind, but someone like Adel or Ultimecia isn’t threaten by it.

Healing was by far and large the biggest concern. But once you have it, you have pretty much EVERYTHING you would ever need despite all the command restrictions. I’m really tired of triple triad for now though, seeing as how many games I played to stock up on differing magic. Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading. That concludes that challenge/experiment!

Squall’s Disc 4 starts when game beaten:
HP – 8500
Str – 204
Vit – 95
Mag – 63
Spr – 88
Spd – 93
Eva – 25%
Luck – 34

Elem Atk – 100% Ice
Elem Def: - Absorb Ice 100%, Absorb Fire/Thunder 30%, Resist everything else 50%

St-Atk – 100% Blind
St-Def – Immune Blind, POIZN, Silence, Curse, Confuse, Death, Petrify
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:48:21 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: May 27, 2009, 07:13:57 AM »
S3 -

[03:09] * Hello-HatthedralWaddleDee gains an Emily and the right to sandbox.
[03:09] * Hello-HatthedralWaddleDee also gains the right to unleash a Double-Strike Emily on C3 enemies.
[03:09] * Hello-HatthedralWaddleDee ~
[03:11] * Elecman is now known as C3-enemies
[03:11] * C3-enemies lose the right to their hit points.

This more or less sums up what I'm up to right now. Time to hit the Mountain Path and throw some chest bosses around like ragdolls.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2534 on: May 27, 2009, 07:21:18 AM »
Cool twink challenge, Tide. It was a fun read to follow.

Also, it makes me think about my views of FF8 characters. I wonder if I would allow them to start battles at reduced health? It's clearly an advantage in-game that they have as an option. And I already allow carry-over Limit Meters to start half-filled for other games. I might allow FF8 characters to start at 50% mHP. It could be a disadvantage for them more often than not, though... (easily one-shotted...)

Makes the cast more interesting to me if I allowed them to start in Limit Range. Flexible healer-types in Light would have some interesting options in this case. Heal the FF8 character to just above Limit Range, buff yourself up and waste them! >.>;;

Not sure if there's some preset rule about duelists being forced to a start a battle at full health. Not sure how many people it helps if I was to allow starting at 50% HP in general... FF8 maybe. Pamela.... uhh? That's all?

Games where at the beginning of a fight a character is forced to full health (like FE?) wouldn't have this option as it's not something that they can do in-game. (Though I can't think of any FE character that would -want- this, but just sayin'...)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: May 27, 2009, 07:29:10 AM »
There's a small number of fights where FE characters with Resolve (Tauroneo and Skrimir, neither is ranked) would want to start below half HP, so they could double someone they couldn't normally, maybe a slow status whore who doesn't care about their HP. Moot point of course.

FFX comes to mind as having characters who would sometimes want to start battles injured. Mainly Wakka, who has an armour that nulls all the big three elements... when he's below half HP. As well as Auron, who could gain some damage for his Masamune.

Anyway, there's a strong convention that characters aren't able to start battles at anything but full HP... beating yourself is classed as a form of pre-battle buffing which isn't allowed (like Celes casting Vanish on herself). Granted, I don't really see a strong reason for this convention so it wouldn't offend me if you didn't go along with it. In fact I'd encourage it if it makes more sense to you.

Really makes FF8 damage hard to judge though! Ridiculous damage if they can start a battle at 1 HP. Horrible damage otherwise!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: May 27, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
Anyway, there's a strong convention that characters aren't able to start battles at anything but full HP... beating yourself is classed as a form of pre-battle buffing which isn't allowed (like Celes casting Vanish on herself). Granted, I don't really see a strong reason for this convention so it wouldn't offend me if you didn't go along with it. In fact I'd encourage it if it makes more sense to you.

Pre-battle buffing isn't the same because the characters literally cannot do it.  Starting at lower health is actually possible in many games, so it's something completely different.

Of course if we ranked Growlanser 3 we would have to deal with pre-battle buffing being possible, but that will never happen anyway~

I actually thought about allowing characters to do this at one point and then... completely forgot about it, honestly.  Dunno what I think of it nowadays.

PS: You forgot about RAQUEL INITIATIVE HYPE for people who would love to be able to start at low HP but can't do it in-game.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 27, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »
Plus she's the best looking Scout.

Yes, I'm a bad person.

I missed the part where there was something wrong with this criteria.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 27, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
Aesthetics are a moral imperative.

Edit - I am so glad enough people have played Bioshock now that I can use that line, shame it only took you fuckers 2 goddamned years.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 27, 2009, 05:44:57 PM »
Pre-battle buffing isn't the same because the characters literally cannot do it.  Starting at lower health is actually possible in many games, so it's something completely different.

I think Elfboy means "hit self with some permanent status effect and have it carry over between fights."

Celes' Vanish is an example of that; Vanish in FF6 lasts between fights, so why doesn't she just go fight a random cast vanish on herself, use that at the start of the next fight!

Other such examples are like Squall getting hit with Blind to up his Crisis, Gau starting the fight poisoned so he can abuse some Absorb Poison Rage for obscene Regen, etc.  It doesn't come up often, but I'm pretty its this kind of scenario Elfboy's talking about.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: May 27, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »
In fairness DL Squall can't blind himself and to the best of my knowledge DL Gau can't poison himself.  That said, I do see why it would be difficult to differentiate between stuff like Vanish and a lower starting HP.  Hell, you can cast Vanish in the menu and in most games you can't hurt yourself there.

I never really thought about it so I don't really have an opinion on it yet but at a kneejerk I would mostly likely disallow it.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: May 27, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
Oh, Vanish lasts between fights?  I thought only FLOAT and bad statuses did that.  That's different then.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2542 on: May 28, 2009, 01:22:36 AM »
Honestly, I'd lean towards allowing Vanish. It's a weird example, but it's an advantage she can have in-game.

It also comes with some disadvantages like being more susceptible to magic... and uh... she'd lose whatever MP it had cost to cast it pre-battle. Also, it's unique to Celes, so I have no problem with it whatsoever. Makes her a better Godlike, I guess.

Similarly, starting at lowered HP has some pretty obvious disadvantages, but if it's something that can be done in-game, then I lean towards allowing it. Also, PCs could use a few more options to help them keep up with bosses.

Though for lowered HP, I think I'm setting a hard limit at 50% or 100% - your choice. It's similar to how I view Limit Meters that carry over - 0% or 50%, - character's choice.

Need to update my Interps list...

-Djinn

Taishyr

« Reply #2543 on: May 28, 2009, 01:36:35 AM »
I presume full HP/MP heal, limit scaling, and a full dispel/debuff cast on people right before the match.

I could see allowing HP to change, but then limit people get overinflated a bit unless you set hard HP capping like Djinn suggested (ahahaha I have set myself up so that you must knock me into limit range!) so. (Yes, many duelers can get around this sort of thing, but this option provides yet another tool for limit fighters that I'd not be inclined to allow.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 28, 2009, 02:09:32 AM »
I pretty much agree with Tai's PoV.  Of course, I assume that this Full Dispel thing conveniently ignores Auto Status like Orlandu's Auto Haste, which technically can be Dispelled, IIRC, but I think that goes without saying.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 28, 2009, 03:23:27 AM »
Eh, limit people would still have to go first for it to help any.  Not to mention that they have to kill or they're getting OHKOd back.

And staying at low HP and nuking enemies before they move is a perfectly good strategy in such games so I see no problems with it in the DL offhand.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: May 28, 2009, 06:17:48 AM »
FM4: Beaten!  Final maps were rough, but managed to muscle them out, for all the Wagner Map required some luck since I had ONE BRITTISH guy alive with 22 body HP, and he never got hit there, so I could bait out the Sniper with Latona eventually by screwing with his move and...yeah, scary moment.

Final Chapter, everyone but Chaeffer and Luis died...most of them AFTER the Shion Spider.  One person got unexpected sniped at, Thammond got nailed with Missiels the wrong way while trying to take down the Missile guy, Darill, in an attempt to kill the Sniper near the Jet, got nuked by a Link attack with some bad luck.  Though, Chaeffer and Luis was enough, since it was just a case of "Keep HP high" and win.  2 Rifle Guys sort of have issues dealiing with Healers, especially when one is already dead (well...one Missile guy was alive but he had literally one shot left, so I wasn't too concerned)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 28, 2009, 11:17:17 AM »
VC- Beat the first Chapter 15 battle, as well as the last three of the side-missions. Flower of the Battlefield was a good mission, and 15a was also really cool. Poor Selvaria. What a tool.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: May 28, 2009, 03:24:43 PM »
SH3:  Good News:  I can go fight Lady now!  Bad News:  I seem to have misplaced a few stellars (namely, one Assist and one recover), and Octopus Sushi won't stop OTKOing a character.  (Damn him being immune to Apathy, Slow, and P-ATK Down, outspeeding a 71 AGI character almost constantly, and still OTKOing through Tech Perfect Arc Shield!)  ...And I have to take two snaps of THIS?

BvS:  Zombjas is kicking my butt.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: May 28, 2009, 03:50:03 PM »
Pokemon Emerald- Just got a ride from the captain to some island. Around L11-12 for my team.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...