Author Topic: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.  (Read 685881 times)

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
Re: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.
« Reply #4950 on: October 03, 2009, 06:44:42 AM »
SMT: Persona: About time they upped the polish on this so it could be awesome to play. Even if it just ends up being a mildly above average game it is far better than the alternative. Just went back to the not!school.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: October 03, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »
Where is the super duper list of party niches on Ulrika's path? *whaps Snow* Or are they just not worth bothering about compared to the other path >_>

Yoshi - Do you have Hammer of Might yet? I admit it might require a bit of grinding and/or fighting everything in your path to have that for the point of the game you're at but it is sooo worth it. Don't ever grind for levels/money (no offence to those that like that sort of thing of course) unless you want a specific skill earlier on. The levels themselves aren't worth it as the stat increases gained from pure levelling are pretty insignificant and grinding for money is pretty inefficient when you can sell map bunnies for like 9000 FOL. I don't remember how much Fresh Sages are but yeah >_> Even selling the Idols from Noblemen would still be more effective than grinding if you run out of bunny money. Hey I know peeps that have been like L50 (endgame levels) for the end of disc one though but I think the game expects you to be like around L6 for Roger or something <_<

Oh and you should do the Ruddel + Rumina sidequest for nifty accessories by the end of disc one as well as access to the Blueprints which enables the player to recruit the best Engineer. If you care that is >_>  The sidequest opens up at the end of the Peterny events but must be completed before a certain plot battle.

Find them in -

*Peterny - Answer "It's south, didn't you know that?"

*Arias - Do NOT send them east.

* Airyglyph - Answer "You've already passed Kirlsa"

They'll open a shop in Kirlsa later on =-)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:06:16 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: October 03, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »
Where is the super duper list of party niches on Ulrika's path? *whaps Snow* Or are they just not worth bothering about compared to the other path >_>

Will bother with it after I'm back from work today. It's pretty cool to cross-compare Raze niches with Ulrika niches, though.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: October 03, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »
FF1: PSP

Finished. I did the formality of beating down Chaos and screwing with the equipment glitch. Ye holy shit, Barbarian's Sword is broken. That almost makes the Labyrinth of Time worth...hahahahahahhaa. No, but it tempts anyway. It's a shame such good gear is behind such a retarded concept.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: October 03, 2009, 02:17:38 PM »
SO3 tips
Got Hammer of Might yesterday, but not sure I've used it yet. ;o Generally speaking, I'm controlling Cliff, meaning I'm able to avoid getting killed easily enough. However, and I know this is nothing new but, SO3 AI. So facepalm worthy. :(  (As a result, Cliff is... Lv 10, I think, while Fayt is around Lv 3-5. *headdesks*)
Yeah, I don't plan to grind. That said, I should probably do what Cid said and stop avoiding fights. >.>
Hmm, alright, I'll try to keep that sidequest in mind for when I get there. =] Thanks. ^^

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: October 03, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
Rawrr yeah Cliff is such a beast. Cliff solo ftw. Not that I've done one. I have files for 4D Peppita, Gutsy Bunny Galaxy Peppita, restricted skills Peppita, restricted skills Maria, Gutsy Bunny Galaxy Albel and Galaxy Sophia. Sophia was my first solo >_> Oh and Adray solo when no Sophia. Nel when no Peppita. They're all at various stages, mostly aftergame but I've finished 4D Peppy =-)

They're not all finished because I also have like over eleven team files and yeah  >_>

Hammer of Might on all slots oh yeah!

Regeneration Symbols (MP Regen) are amongst the nifty accessories that Ruddel and Rumina sell but you can also pick them up as random drops from example the skeletons under Airyglyph and the slimes in Duggus. Just the ticket for guys' MP woes.

Thanks Snow, that's good to know then.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:20:48 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: October 03, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »
Wow. Uhm. Seriously, thanks for the tips. I just fought against Shelby. Is there a battle trophy for beating each boss in under a minute? 'Cause that's the first of those I've got. Hammer of Might really -is- godly. I even stopped for healing halfway through and still won in under a minute!
(Also, just checked, I underestimated Fayt/Nel apparently. Fayt's Lv 9, Nel's Lv 8 (now) and Cliff.. Lv 12. >.>)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: October 03, 2009, 02:54:14 PM »
Yaay. Niice.

Defeat X within the time limit, defeat X w/o taking damage yeah.

Most bosses are defeat within one minute except the final and super bosses. Also Norton's is defeat within thirty seconds >_>

Haha holy smokes yeah! That's Cliff for you <_<

Shelby is weak to fire though but yeah.

Congrats Yoshi =-)

Those levels are -fine- Not underlevelled but not overlevelled either.
Just wait until you pick up Berserk for Cliff >_>
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:01:02 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: October 03, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »
By the way, Yoshi: a couple levels on each of Attack/Defense (a max of 4/4 is ideal so they don't start overemphasizing one or the other too much) for the AI members tends to work fine for fixing AI ice-cream to the forehead madness. I generally preferred controlling Nel myself until Maria kicked, since controlling my main healer = good and I felt she was best under my hands anyway. After Maria joined, I swapped between Nel and Maria, handing Maria a Healing tome.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: October 03, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »
FF9 - Dunno had an urge to play this one.

Been plowing my way through the game and so far so good.

Disk 3 - Just got my ship so I have started to grind a little. Been fighting on that ice continent to get some exp and AP.

I like haven't played this game since it came out, so I don't remember but bits and pieces of it. One thing I seem to be doing this go around is having about 3 of each piece of equipment just for shits and giggles.

I have to go to the Black Mage Village again.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: October 03, 2009, 06:26:53 PM »
Welp. Just fought the Mudman on SO3. Died against him twice - he kept chipping away at my MP while healing himself for several thousand. (Mudman for Godlike!) After two runs at this and realising I was never getting past that healing, I set my characters up to deal only MP damage. Managed to get both "Defeat Mudman Within 1 Minute" and "Defeat Mudman w/o Taking Damage" Battle Trophies.
And I've -still- been avoiding enemies, although not as much as I was! It's a start, at least. >.>

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: October 04, 2009, 02:17:24 AM »
TotA - So I JUST got the Child of Lanvaldear title for Natalia...  Then I decided...  Hey, the Coliseum is open!  Let's do that!  In order of who I found the easiest to hardest...

Guy - Two things making this easier than ever:  Center, and the Last Fencer.  The instant healing is really useful, and thanks to that, I was able to basically plow through the whole thing.

Natalia - Full Metal Bow + Healing.  Another easy one, even if the Healing is more expensive.

Luke - Had to use the Holy Ring here, but the Last Fencer made things a lot easier...  Not to mention that Luke was extremely tanky for some reason.

Anise - Slow, but tanky.  She was powerful enough even with me never really using her, but another character that required the Holy Ring for me to win.

Jade - Lack of time to really cast spells + almost no decent physical techs.  The game actually forced me to pull out Mystic Cage in round 2.  I did get enough time to chain-cast Splash in the last round, though.  Holy Ring required.

Tear - This was the hardest one of all, since I was determined to keep her with Tear's Pendant, First Aid is unnaturally slow, Innocent Shine doesn't hit the whole field, and her basic physicals are so SLOW.  I'm not really sure how I managed.

Got the Fruit Cocktail recipe, the Labyrinth Princess title, the Toast recipe (are the PCs just such bad cooks that they can't even intentionally burn bread?), and have been wondering how I can get the materials for the special order C.Core and Armors.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #4962 on: October 04, 2009, 04:24:09 AM »
Back to Fallout 3, now that FOOK 2.0 is out. Big improvement as usual, but now the new weapons have finished textures on them and aren't so giant they block the right side of the screen even though they're assault rifles.

I think I'm going to be a Jet addict and flamethrower afficianado this time.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: October 04, 2009, 03:17:38 PM »
PWI:  Had a 55-minute Territory War against Legendary last night.  Still didn't win, but we're getting better each time.

And here's a picture of my new babies!   *opens wallet*

Aren't they adorable?  Just need to put another socket on them so I can imbue another Perfect Garnet.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: October 04, 2009, 09:03:31 PM »
Mana Khemia 2, just finished Chapter 4.  Lily 2 was...  ok, it started off insane.  But I could handle it.  Then it went a bit further.  And then a little bit further.  And then it jumped.  Ended the only way it could end, but still...

On the other hand, Et 2 just showed how much she needs someone to always be around to do her thinking for her.  And Puniyo 2 was pretty boring, for all that Puniyo is actually...  surprisingly good as a character.  Especially for her role in Lily 2.

Anyways, end of chapter plot stuff.  I had heard the basics before, so not too surprising.  Though nice use of foreshadowing Tony's doing something or other later on.  Also, what was really surprising was the sudden injection of serious plot.  Raze is actually managing to pull it off too.  So, yeah, I'm really warming up to his path now.

One downside?  Introduction to Goto.  Dear lord what is that?  How could it do what it was doing?  And why was Flay buddying up to it?  Flay + Goto = OTP?  Either way, I am glad that it shall take me a while to have to face the true form of that monstrosity.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4965 on: October 04, 2009, 09:08:52 PM »
Mana Khemia 2, just finished Chapter 4.  Lily 2 was...  ok, it started off insane.  But I could handle it.  Then it went a bit further.  And then a little bit further.  And then it jumped.  Ended the only way it could end, but still...

You've seen nothing yet. Just wait until Lily CQ3 and 4 kick in. The girl is the dictionary definition of trainwreck.

Quote from: Excal
On the other hand, Et 2 just showed how much she needs someone to always be around to do her thinking for her.  And Puniyo 2 was pretty boring, for all that Puniyo is actually...  surprisingly good as a character.  Especially for her role in Lily 2.

Puniyo's CQs are sorta boring. She's fun, but she's fun on the CQs she invades, not her own.

Quote from: Excal
Goto what the christ

You think you've seen the beginning. You think you can handle it. Goto exists to crush dreams and deny hope to mankind.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: October 04, 2009, 11:30:33 PM »
FF4:  Started from my Roommate's clear file.  Got up to Damcyan, so I'm almost at where I was when I stopped the first time.  Cecil with Counter and HP+50%, and Rydia with Fast Talker and Level lust is kind of ridiculous for the beginning.  Yesssss.

Question about inherited augments:  If a character that leaves already has 2 augments on them, will I still get the inherited ones this play through, or do I have to add on two more augments?

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: October 05, 2009, 04:02:32 AM »
Dissidia: Got Zidane to level 78 by beating up the Falcon Colosseum Cousre, cause I needed some mid level stuff from Elixirs and such, and figured "Why not?" with him.

Then cracked down and did some of the passwords, primarily cause I wanted Ultima Weapon, which I got, so Terra, Firion, and Cloud now have at least ONE level 99/100 Weapon to use.  Randomly playing around with it in Quick Battle against a Shantotto won me a component drop for a Stardust Rod, so I figured I might as well fight until I get enough of those.

Sure enough, on the last fight before I was going to stop playing, she drops *2*, from 2 different equip components.  So yeah, now I have a Stardust Rod too!

Also was lucky enough to see her drop a Royal Crown, so I have a level 99 Headgear or something.

MMSF3: Game is beaten.  SPOILERS AND SUCH BELOW!!!

Best game in the series, pretty easily.  The game did bring back the bullshit Black Hole enemies that can only be killed with Slash based attacks, which annoyed me, though thankfully I did have a few so I was never perma-screwed, but they're still annoying.

Final Dungeon was neat at first, but then brought up the "FIND THESE ITEMS!" thing which kind of ruined it.  Final Boss was the easiest in teh series, but that's not saying much; Pandora was a good fight, and Le Mu was pretty damn evil.

Overall?  It works as a good ending to the series, even if the epilogue was shoved in, only so they can say "yes, we MIGHT make a Sequel, cause its freaking Mega Man, so there's always a chance there's demand!"  If there isn't, I would actually be glad; seriously, the way MMSF3 ended was in a way that anything after would feel forced.

Why do I say that?
For starters, Geo Stellar.  In an individual game, he gets a decent amount of development, but much like Yuri over the course of both SH1 and SHC combined, they do pretty much everything you CAN do with him over the course of the series.  He starts off totally emo, in like every sense, if for understandable reasons...
MMSF1 starts him off being totally emo, and by MMSF3, he's pretty much all "Gotta live my life to the fullest! Gotta fight to protect everything I love! Never give up! Always have hope!" and such.   You really get the sense that he's finally genuinely happy, and doesn't have a worry in the world.  He's pretty much gotten rid of the depressed failure he was in MMSF1 entirely, and lacks any sort of self esteem issues he had in MMSF2 (after one failure that wasn't really his fault, he pretty much loses all his drive in MMSF2, I think that counts as having Low Self Esteem)

IN the end, Geo, despite being a MEGA MAN MAIN CHARACTER, is actually pretty well written and one of my favorite mains throughout the entire series.  The Mega factor certainly doesn't hurt.  I'll get to Mega later!

Other characters...
Well, Sonia getting more screen time was nice.  It was good seeing her being friends with more than just Geo; I mean, yes, we knew she was friendly with Prez and Co., but you only got the sense that she was genuinely friends with Geo.  Here, it portrays that Sonia's kind of an honorary member of Luna's crew, and fits in very well.  She's clearly the best "Roll" of the series!
Oh yeah, Lyra served as a good other half to Sonia, mostly cause she's good at getting on Mega's nerves, and at times, you can't tell if she actually cares about SOnia, or she's just doing it cause being a hero is more fun than being a villain, something she decided was the case back in MMSF1 (that, and she secretly has a crush on Mega.)

Luna, Bud and Zack are about the same as always.  Luna's your token "Bitch with a Heart of Gold", who Geo wouldn't dare stand up to cause, you know, you can NEVER win an argument with this character class, Bud's your token "Fat kid who loves to eat with a heart of gold!", though seeing him do stuff besides just being "one of the other two" with Zack was certainly a nice change of pace.  It also served for fun gags when characters make fun of him for attempting to be serious for once.  Zack...well, not much you CAN do with him, so what did you expect <_<?  He's still just a smart ass kid who thinks he knows everything.  In any event, Zack is clearly better than Yai, Bud is the best Gutsman equivalent and Luna...actually, I have no clue who Luna's suppose to be...

Mr. Borreal is...uh...well, he didn't have much to begin with, lets leave it at that <.<
Hope Stellar is your token "Overly worried mother whose completely oblivious to the fact that her son is a super hero!"  Feels like a parody of it at times, in fact.

Omega-xis...he was pretty awesome from the get go, and is still awesome at the end!  He doesn't really develop much, but he was amusing enough at core personality that he doesn't really need to.  The way he and Geo just bounce off each other made for amusing dialog pretty much the entire series.  Actually, its Mega who made me realize back in MMSF1 that this series finally has a degree of actual writing, unlike the rest of the Megaman series, so "MEGA MAN PLOT!!!" doesn't quite apply, especially since the games are clearly self aware at times (I'm sorry, but when your Vile equivalent is the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, there's no way the game intends to be taken 100% seriously)

...speaking of Phantom of the Opera, Dark Phantom randomly reappearing and being his usual hamtastic self, just to get owned by Geo effortlessly...yeah, awesome.  This is why I call him the "Vile" of the series.  He thinks he's the main's rival, but gets consistently owned and just keeps coming back for more, only to get his ass kicked again.  Unlike Vile, the game doesn't pretend he's competent!

Solo is a douche, and I don't like him...and I'm pretty sure that's the point.  At least with Solo, you can tell you're not suppose to like the guy, more just be happy he's on your side since it means you won't have to fight him, which I guess makes him the best "Bass" of the series, but fuck if that isn't a back handed compliment.

As for new characters...

Ace...he's only in one game, but he's awesome.  When I labelled him he "Zero" of the MMSF series, I didn't realize how right I was.  He pretty much fulfills EVERY SINGLE CRITERIA needed to be considered Zero.  Interesting thing is, when you first meet him, you really get the sense that he's going to be the suspicious guy who eventually becomes the villain...but no, he was genuinely good from the get go, and really was just interesting in Geo cause hey, he's strong and the famous hero!  And the fact that he basically thinks on the same exact wave length as Mega made the two of them buddy buddy...for all that Mega despises Acid.  Really, Ace is a good foil to Geo, far better than MMSF2 Solo was <_<
Acid was good foil to Mega too, for that matter.  On one hand, Mega's all "Bah, lets just kick some ass!" Acid, meanwhile, is all "Mission accomplished!" type, but not afraid to crack a joke.  When I first met Acid, I was really expecting just a boring "rar, I'm a battle Wizard, and I'm an ultra bad ass!" but they did a good job of more just painting him as Mega's Polar Opposite, and helped bring out Mega's personality at moments where it would have been subverted otherwise.

Jack and Queen Tia...its nice that they avoided a cliche with them at first.  Ok, the "kids raised by the villain" thing was cliched, and they DID betray him...but you expect it to be a betrayal in the sense of "Now they're on your side, or at least written out of the story so you won't have to deal with them!" but...instead, they betray King, and become...the actual villain and genuine threat!  But then the game pulls a "they apologize for their actions anyway!" though suppose that's a trend in the series; Cephid or whatever in MMSF1 did it, and I think Vega did it as well.  I suppose it was kind of necessary, though, cause otherwise the whole beach scene, and the two of them showing signs of actual positive emotions would have been forced and utterly pointless, so whatever.  Their motives...eh, typical case of "This shit destroyed our home, now we seek IRRATIONAL REVENGE!"  I will grant that they did realize their mistakes in a logical manner of "...wow, we really are massive hypocrits, aren't we?  God damn we fail at life, guess we should start making amends"

King...is generic evil villain.  They didn't even TRY to make him unique.  He's about as cliche as you can get.  He does, however, have an awesome chair!

Heartless...well, I suppose the fact that for once, the Traitorous Loyal Henchman being that way for BENEVOLENT reasons was nice.  Typically, this character is like that cause they're just waiting for a moment to get supreme power or what not themselves.  Here, Heartless was more like "...I can't let this guy get away with it, so I'll pretend to help him, but at the right time, give him the finger and fuck his plans over."  Beyond that? She's pretty forgettable.

Joker fails.  "Rar, I'm ultra powered henchman who keeps kicking things asses! I exist only to fight! Blah blah blah mind rape Ace blah blah blah you fail Geo blah blah blah oh shit I'm dead, now to die in a way that will force one of you to do a Heroic Sacrifice."  Fuck, you know what?
Joker is basically the Sigma of the series.  Rival to the "Zero" equivalent, doesn't know how to stay dead, ultra powered evil guy  made specifically for fighting...really, the only thing he's missing is being the game's main villain, as he's just a tool, but he fits the other Sigma factors well enough, and if there is an MMSF4, it wouldn't shock me if they force him back in.

Now onto non-character stuff!

Its dungeon designs weren't as good as MMSF1 (DUCK HUNT WITH MISSILES MINI GAME), but the little mini games they had throughout were fun; only dungeon I didn't like was the final though thankfully, the FINal Dungeon was as long as any other dungeon, just with a token Mega Man Boss Rush in the mix (which was expected and actually the GOOD part of the dungeon.)

The boss designs as over the top as MMSF2 (then again, bosses based on things like the Loch Ness Monster is a lot more fun than Card Themed Bosses...though, I will give a nod for MMSF3 bringing back Dark Phantom), but that's minor.  But the boss fights themselves, mind, are fun; when I say Design, I mean specifically from how they look, act, etc.  The fights themselves are about as good as you'll get; even the ones with gimmicks, the gimmicks are more "Keep this factor in mind" rather than "YOU JUST LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT 100% of the TIME lul" like in MMBNs.

The writing is as good as the first two games, which as I said, is something the series stands out in compared to the other Mega Man games.  No, its not TOP NOTCH WRITING (though i still think Geo is incredibly well done when you look at the series as a whole), the OST is...lacking, and the boss theme was especially disappointing after MMSF2 had a really good one, IMHO.   Setting...felt like they were trying to make it more MMBN like, with the Wizards aspect, and things running more off programs than before, but hey, at least the threat were kept to genuine problems, not just "THE INTERNET IS ON FIRE!" Actually, the fact that the game had genuine threats brought a real sense of urgency, which is part of the reason MMSF plots aren't as laughable as MMBNs.

The little tweaks they did really help the experience; Wave Roads are now far less complicated and easier to navigate, and the ability to Pulse In anywhere at will made things far more fluid.  None of this "you must find a specific spot!" nonsense anymore, and being able to run around the normal area as Mega Man, instead of being "Mega Man has Wave Roads, Geo has normal roads." One thing I was NOT fond of was how putting on Geo's Visor made you unable to see people, and you could only see Hertzs and what not.

I'd talk about Noise system, but I think that's enough for now <_<

IN the end? 8/10 game probably.  Its clearly the bset in the series, and just was a lot of fun once it got going.  Despite being really good, I'd kind of prefer they didn't make a sequel, cause they did everything they could with Geo, and unless they found a way to make the gameplay really stand out...yeah. 
I mean, what are they going to do with Geo next? Show that he's slowly growing up to be like Dante, and thus lead a way into Megaman Starforce meets Devil May Cry, complete with Mega mocking every boss you run into?

...wait, that actually sounds like an awesome idea.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #4968 on: October 05, 2009, 04:28:53 AM »
Playing the WiiWare sequel to FF2. I have to say, you ALMOST can't tell when they used a sprite lifted straight from the FF3 cart with color edits. Almost.

Anyway, it's about what I expect. Edge's story is naturally the best because you get a full party of nothing but ninjas.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #4969 on: October 05, 2009, 09:01:23 AM »
KHDS: Beated.  Final clock ~24:30, making the game nearly twice as long as I figured it'd be.

I feel kinda inclined to make a full on review for it, for some odd reason.  The short version is that, at it's best, it's probably the best content the series has put out.  The stuff in between merely ranges at various catagories of "solid" holding it back a little, but still fun stuff.  Also a very sad little game.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: October 05, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »
I am also playing Kingdom Hearts Three-Five-Eight Days Over Two (yes that's really the way they pronounce it on the tv commercial).  Day 90-something.  My obsession with getting 100% on everything is slowing my progress down.  But some of the Challenges clearly aren't meant to be done at this point in the game.  Need a high jump panel badly.

I hesitate to use the word "gay" because depending on when a person grew up it might mean "happy" or "homosexual" or "lame".  Axel is gay in all three senses of the word.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:04:35 PM by Captain K. »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: October 05, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »
SO3- Yeah there are specific bosses where MP Kill is viable compared to HP kill. Mudman is one of those. It's Healing can be annoying yeah. Congrats on figuring out it's tricks. Yoshi is a fast learner! Cracking SO3 in no time =-)

Didn't recruit Roger as a temp for the Moonshadow Clanchief trophies though?

Well with Mudman defeated you can trigger the Ruddel + Rumina quest at least.

You can recruit Adray soon but there's a disc one deadline as he must be recruited in specific circumstances before a certain plot battle. Yet not until another quest and set of bosses are dealt with. Just check the throne room in Aquaria (I think it might be a part where Fayt is alone but I don't remember) before leaving for said specific plot battle if he's your cup of tea. Adray is fun so you should at least check him out =-)

Persona 4- Hey peeps anyone remember if there's a deadline for Margaret's S Link? I'm going to leave her until the frue final dungeon if possible.

Heaven I have returned. Auto defence up armour, auto dizzy armour, moar stati claws, Pink Suit/Moonpotpouri/Algernon for Naoto, new shoes are included in my arsenal. Surprisingly Chie is still equipped with the Miori Shirt as the evasion still triggers quite often for her. Haven't picked up goodies from Heaven itself yet but I know from experience I can look forward to goodies such as armour with an SP boost for the boys + an HP boost for the girls.

Team has morphed to Souji/Chie/Naoto/Teddie though I used Souji/Chie/Naoto/Yukiko to trawl the lab and get Naoto's gun. Yukiko picked up full ST healing in this process but meh.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:07:56 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: October 05, 2009, 02:25:58 PM »
Also, that Fusilade Beam Cannon is what Blaze wishes it could be.  Really, it just outclasses that poor move in every way, and it isn't CoD's only aerial starting option.

Until you realize that the thing is blockable. My opinion of it sank to the dead last HP attack option I'd set on CoD when I first saw that.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: October 05, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »
It may be blockable, but it still has the advantage of being able to go around obsticles and hit from behind so that they can't always rely on the camera to show them when it's going to be hitting.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: October 05, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »
FF1- Warrior/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage team. Just beat Astos.

TF2- Broke down and got this. It's fun enough but doesn't grab me the way L4D does. I like using the medic and Heavy. Solider and Pyro are okay, bad with the rest. Haven't used the engineer or demoman yet.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...