Author Topic: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.  (Read 685826 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.
« Reply #5150 on: October 14, 2009, 01:48:26 AM »
Why do you think I fled?

Not that it'd help.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: October 14, 2009, 02:08:20 AM »
Seriously. Crisis Core is good stuff man. Play it.

Also play XF.

STAY AWAY FROM JDA IF YOU WANT YOUR SANITY (if you do play it take the time to raise Rufus. A few levels and he will rip shit apart).

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: October 14, 2009, 02:37:04 AM »
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic-Bought this when it was 10 bucks on Steam, mucking about in the sewers right now. Tried freeing the Wookie but got slaughtered by the guards. Game's alright so far, but nothing spectacular. Really regretting making my main(named TOTALLY NOT REVAN) a Scout now, he takes hits like a wet paper bag. Maybe I should stop trying to dual-sword everything.

Edit-Oh yeah, mainly stat built my main around Charisma, Wis, and Intelligence since that's generally the best build for games like these. Can I talk bosses to death?
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: October 14, 2009, 03:27:14 AM »
Crisis Core is a nice and short game, with a lot of extra stuff (read: Missions) should you want more out of the gameplay.  Not a bad place to start, really, for this reason alone.

Also, the only canon related spin off to the FF series that actually shows respect to the home game.  Though, it sounds like Advent Children Complete may actually fall under this too, actually adding in shit that's kind of important to AC's plot for it to tie-in with FF7 in some sort of linear sense (instead of being "It ties in cause we said so, and there's nothing saying it doesn't fit! Also, there's Cloud" <_<)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:28:54 AM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: October 14, 2009, 04:05:43 AM »
FF1- Replayed this for fiend notes. Done, just need to finish notes on DoS Chaos.
LFT- Start of C1. We'll see how far I get on emulator.
TF2- Blah. Game is fun at points but it's extremely chaotic (L4D requiring communication and working together was my favorite gameplay aspect of it), and it really does require having a lot of players on hand to make it work.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: October 14, 2009, 04:20:27 AM »
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic-Bought this when it was 10 bucks on Steam, mucking about in the sewers right now. Tried freeing the Wookie but got slaughtered by the guards. Game's alright so far, but nothing spectacular. Really regretting making my main(named TOTALLY NOT REVAN) a Scout now, he takes hits like a wet paper bag. Maybe I should stop trying to dual-sword everything.

Edit-Oh yeah, mainly stat built my main around Charisma, Wis, and Intelligence since that's generally the best build for games like these. Can I talk bosses to death?

The problem is you can't hit anything, not that you can't take hits. Trying to dual wield before level 8 murders your accuracy (though it pays off if you stick with it.)

I wouldn't bother with dual wielding at all unless you've already invested feats into it. I prefer a 1 handed sword/lightsaber and the duelling/flurry lines in KOTOR games.

No, you can't talk bosses to death, that's Black Isle/Obsidian's schtick, not Bioware's. INT/WIS are still useful though for boosting non-combat skills (both but especially int)and making force powers stronger (wis). Cha is a great dump stat.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: October 14, 2009, 05:09:14 AM »
Wild ARMS 3: Clive solo continued!

Nidhogg: 2 versions of the exact same fight. Block confusion, and misery too if you have it. It doesn't matter though beause his raw damage is pathetic. Something like 60 damage when it hits? Whatever. The highlight of this fight was watching my allies kill off each other anyway >.>

Nidhogg pass: Equip Cosmic Cog and Moon Spark. You need Sleep Wards and Fallen Ward for the randoms here. Past those two moves. They suck >_>. Go figure.

Leehalt: I had 1 reset here because of Tal. Anyway, the only problem is if Leehalt survives a critical and thus counters for overkill damage - this is possible since I've seen Clive's Crit go up to like 2800 points of damage. He has 2400 HP at most, although some of the damage may be tied to the Critical Hit skill. So instead? Cast Devastate. Devastate enough times to bring his HP down. Then Gatling for the kill when you are ready. In the meantime, just cast Heal. Leehalt doesn't have Eliminate Scanner in this form, so it is otherwise pretty hard to lose unless you try something stupid.

Balazs: Ooh, this one is good >_>. Balazs only attacks every 4th turn - 3 turns of Outer World and then Agony Effect. The catch? Outer World makes him completely immune to all attacks. So the only way of hurting him is either through the 4th turn - but you would be too injured at that point to actually hit him. He's also fairly fast so with Clive, I'm probably not going to get that chance to attack before he kills me. What to do? Well, you have 3 turns to set up, which is just enough for this method to work. Medium set is: Gale Claw/Flash Hit/Lucky Hand. I've discussed this set up before with Meeple, and yeah, here we go. It actually has use!

Turn 1: Throw a Mini Carrot on yourself. You need 50 FP, but you cannot attack because the FP gain rate is a) too slow and b) if Balazs decides to attack Clive with Agony Effect, you'll instantly lose. You have only three turns, so everything MUST be set up by turn 3.
Turn 2: Make sure the following is equipped as PS's on Clive: SOS RFX Boost (from Cait's Boost) and Luck Boost (Lucky Hand innate). Cast Valiant
Turn 3: Cast Quicken
Turn 4: Select Gatling. Thanks to eating 3 Outer Worlds before, Valiant now ups the damage from your shots to ridiculous levels. Gatling also takes the two shots at 100 FP, so as long as you kept your ARM updated, these two hits will do lots of damage. Your goal is for each shot to do at least 1600 points of damage since Balazs has only 3200 HP. If you need to, swap out Flash Hit on the last turn for Terra Roar/Moon Spark for higher HP totals and thus boosting your Valiant damage.

Done correctly, Clive will outspeed Balazs on turn 4 and wipe him out before Agony Effect even hits. What happened? Well, let's take a look! Quicken increases speed by 50%. Gale Claw itself boosts speed by 30%. SOS RFX Boost when maxed out as a PS provides a 200% bonus. So altogether we get: 1.3*1.5*2  (or a 3.9x mult) to Clive's paltry 65 RFX or so. This easily brings him up to 200+ RFX allowing him to outspeed and kill. 

Note to self: If ever WA4 hardmode becomes possible, give Belial x3.9 mult to RFX when she enters critical/loses the distortion

Yggdrasil: Enemies here start getting pretty nasty. You need to equip Cosmic Cog/Terra Roar/Fiery Rage at all times. This allows you to block POIZN/Disease/Earth damage and Instant Death. All of which get used here. I strongly recommend dropping Blue Bracer on one of these mediums so you can get the Paralysis Ward going as well (it gets used here too!)

Melody: Uses POIZN and only POIZN. So...POIZN Ward go go go!

Malik: Remember how Malik 1 had that trick where if he gets slowed, his attack pattern will change? Well same thing for Malik 2. As long as you don't actually Deceleate him, he just hits you with Tri Injury >_>. Well I slowed him down because I didn't realize this and thus made him...uh...okay, not competent, but at least he started spamming his damage move! Well Potion berries and that's that.

Leehalt/Janus: This is a back to back fight and is actually kinda interesting! Leehalt has E-scanner here and it is probably his scariest form because Devastate + E-Scanner deals like 1000 Damage. I have at most around 2400+ HP? So if you factor in how I'm always going second, I have to take into consider Devastate + 2 E-Scaanners worth of damage. This makes him actually pretty powerful! However, as the DL has shown us, any type of healing > Leehalt. This is no different. Potion Berry whenever I reach that threshold, continue to Devastate until he dies.

Surprise! Here comes Janus 7. This form of him is utter failure. Part of it IS due to the fact that Leehalt fight builds up FP. However, his own damage is pretty damn shoddy anyway. It was 10HKOing me or something? Granted, I had 100 FP, but it didn't matter. I casted Valiant and went to town more or less.

Melody/Malik/Leehalt: This fight normally isn't a problem because they spread their damage too thin. When you go solo...uh...400*3 a round at 0 FP and getting outsped = 2HKO'd. With some FP, it was still dealing like 350. The smallest amount I've gotten it to do was around 150 or so and that required Protect and 100 FP. This fight is really hard at the start because of the amount of pressure they force on you. Potion Berries were getting outpaced (I was getting Heal locked basically, even at like 70 FP) so I actually had to use the Green Thumb gear here (on Terra Roar) to get adequate healing. With that, healing every other turn was possible and allowed me to get some offense in. A crit here sped things up and Malik was dead. Now it was easier, but the damage still adds up. So I take care of Leehalt next. He dies from the same strategy. At this point, with only 1 of them, the fight is lol. So Valiant. Hey Critical hit! 4000 damage in one shot and down goes Melody.

Buer: Interesting gimmick. Normally, you're supposed to cast Light with the fastest party member and then have everyone else do stuff. Well I only have one person and his defenses are hueg liek X-box. So...what to do? Well thankfully, his raw HP blows. I cast Fragile, and then wail on him for like 6-7 turns with my basic physical and Fiery Rage equipped. That was enough to send it packing.

Scarecrow/Steamgear/Leonhardt: Okay, for filler bosses, these guys are really nasty. Let's look at the laundry list of things to bring:
- Instant death guard because of Scarecrow. Sure. Cosmic Cog innate
- Confusion Ward thanks to Steamgear. I gave mine to Aqua Wisp early.
- Leonhardt uses dark damage. Okay. Moon Spark has this innate.

Sounds fine...until you realize Leonhardt has Critical Heal. This skill...fuck it. It fully heals all damage done so far. Oh yeah, and Leonhardt's verion is MT. This makes this very arghle as there's no way for you to do enough turn 1 and then clean up turn 2 because he outspeeds and fully heals it. So, okay, we have to give up some of the things we're blocking. Well not blocking instant death probably isn't smart. And between Confusion and Dark damage, I'll take the dark damage since its not overkill and I don't lose my actions for like 5 turns. But now, I still have to get the damage done, and you'll note that I can't actually equip Fiery Rage and Lucky Hand at the same time without losing one of my other wards. Now what?

Well there's always an option with Valiant and that's what I decided to go for here. The biggest problem though was that getting Valiant within that killing range will drop my HP pretty low. And my FP will be 0 afterwards more or less. So this was very very risky. I took it anyway. Opted to use Fiery Rage after Valiant was cast. Leonhardt only has 3500 HP. So a 4 hit gatling with each shot dealing around 900 damage is enough. In the actual fight, I got taken down to 100 HP afterwards. I was pretty certain I was screwed. But then I remembered SOS RFX boost again on Gale Claw, equipped that, Potion Berry and hoped to go first...and I did! Mop up the rest afterwards since the other two kinda fail without Leonhardt around.

Humbaba: Fails. His money move in game is MT instant death to which only one person can normally block (Cosmic Cog innate and you don't have any Holy Grails). I am sure you can see why this fails to matter. Otherwise he has a physical that he spams but it failed to hit me like 9 times out of 10. So who cares.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5157 on: October 14, 2009, 07:40:24 AM »
Seriously. Crisis Core is good stuff man. Play it.

Also play XF.

STAY AWAY FROM JDA IF YOU WANT YOUR SANITY (if you do play it take the time to raise Rufus. A few levels and he will rip shit apart).

Eh? JDA isn't a particularly insanity-inducing experience. It's actually got some pretty solid mechanics and a nice interface. Battles are a bit slow, but that's not too bad. Only sucks when you're stat-topicing it..

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5158 on: October 14, 2009, 07:53:34 AM »
Pyro's trauma comes almost entirely from the final boss, who's basically the Dark One (AtL2) from what I understand, EXCEPT he can crash the game.

Anyway, for my money Crisis Core > XF > SO1r > Persona > Jeanne D'Arc.  You can pretty much insert FFT whenever you feel like, since it's a replay.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #5159 on: October 14, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »
Rented Ultimate Alliance 2 a couple days ago. Got the Green Goblin.

Holy. Motherfucking. Shit.

The Green Goblin is not good. The Green Goblin is not overpowered. The Green Goblin is not even broken. The Green Goblin is Crissaegrim, Valiant Knife + Offering + Quick, Gauss rifle game-breaking. He seems like his numbers were designed for a game with a whole different power curve. And it's not even because of a special move. All you do is hop on his glider by hitting jump in mid air, lowering down to just above ground level, and then hammering on the A button as fast as you can. Your glider has four heavy machine guns underneath it and they will strip the health off entire rooms of enemies in the blink of an eye. You will tear apart end-of-act bosses in under thirty seconds. The most difficult fights in the game will become your bitch.

Having played through with my brother, we agreed that the Green Goblin was to be put behind glass with a hammer, to be used only in the most dangerous circumstances, like if we were about to die and had not saved for an hour.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:30:22 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5160 on: October 14, 2009, 09:07:15 AM »
Alright, finished Raze's path.  General thoughts is that, well, his entire plotline felt like a side story.  Like it was there to shore up parts of the main plot so that when Raze's stuff is needed, you know what's up.  Then again, his path also sums up what looks to be the main plot in one sentence.  But it is fairly telling that of the NPCs who're involved in the main plot, you have one who gets very little screen time, and his big transformation is...  on Ulrika's path, and the rest get single showings at best.  The Marta plot also gets next to no air time, with Ulrika Ch1 having about as much Marta Plot as Raze's entire path.  And all of that involves Ulrika's party as well.

Indeed, the main antagonist of Raze's path is very easily Flay.  Indeed, the main story for Raze is how he tries to survive the year while dealing with a teacher whose style is to simply try hard to kill his class, and then passing the ones who live.  And, so long as you aren't expecting anything better than fluff, it works marvelously.  Each member of the group as well as Flay play quite well off of each other, and it helps that Yun is, outside of his CQs, another subdued character to help Raze anchor everything.  Especially since his cold hearted mercenary schtick is a nice contrast to Raze's subserviant jerk.  The other nice thing about this path is that everyone is fleshed out well enough that when things do turn serious, Raze can hold it together, and it's not entirely predictable (found it about 95% so).  So, yeah.  It worked fairly well.

That said...  that was some pretty damned impressive tracking the party did.  >_>

Also started Ulrika Ch1.  The way they implemented NG+ is kinda annoying.  It's nice that they gave you the option of whether or not you wanted to keep Raze's inventory.  I only wish that they had extended that to his wallet, recipe and grow book as well.  As it stands, resynthing stuff is going to be a pain to remember what I have and have not done.  As well, the fact that they indicate which ones will give you discoveries is totally wasted in the second arc since you won't get the amusing conversations you got in the first arc.  Unless, of course, they're character specific and things that are party specific (I have a hard time seeing any of Ulrika's party care about a Maid Outfit quite like Lily did when Raze made one).

That said, after an arc focusing heavily on Flay, it's nice to see Tony get some screen time.  Especially since he seems to be the second most effective teacher in a Mana Khemia game.  This is not saying much.  Also interesting is the fact that Chloe already seems to know by the end of Ch1 how to play Lily like a violin.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: October 14, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »
SRW Alpha - So Britai's ship has tons of armor and HP and he fully heals once at an HP trigger that's pretty much impossible to bypass at this point in the game?

I have two words for you: Yatte Yaruze!

Oh and uh Roy Fokker picking off the last 2000 or so HP >_>
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: October 14, 2009, 06:50:35 PM »
Also started Ulrika Ch1.  The way they implemented NG+ is kinda annoying.  It's nice that they gave you the option of whether or not you wanted to keep Raze's inventory. I only wish that they had extended that to his wallet, recipe and grow book as well.  As it stands, resynthing stuff is going to be a pain to remember what I have and have not done.  As well, the fact that they indicate which ones will give you discoveries is totally wasted in the second arc since you won't get the amusing conversations you got in the first arc.  Unless, of course, they're character specific and things that are party specific (I have a hard time seeing any of Ulrika's party care about a Maid Outfit quite like Lily did when Raze made one).

They are all character-specific and all lead to distinct items. That wasn't one of the things the game flubbed, at least, and the items stemmed from those synths have literally no crosspath overlap. Also, if you synthed something in Raze path, its node gets automatically unlocked on Ulrika path. You need to resynth nothing, only synth stuff you haven't before. 'tis practical. Sorta takes some of the luster from alchemy to me, though.

That said, after an arc focusing heavily on Flay, it's nice to see Tony get some screen time.  Especially since he seems to be the second most effective teacher in a Mana Khemia game.  This is not saying much.  Also interesting is the fact that Chloe already seems to know by the end of Ch1 how to play Lily like a violin.

Chloe knows how to play -everyone- like a violin. It's just her thing.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:21:28 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: October 14, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »
Need a favor from someone with a copy of normal Brig/who remembers the game. I'm redoing the stat topic, and need some basic information before I start working.

I'm going to base it on flat amount of EXP gained for each person (15k-20k), while ignoring the quest knights right this second. Average will be based on all the human characters at endgame. Monsters I'm tenatively  adding at the moment (15k, one of each class).  Went that route because you are going to be factoring in monsters for things like average defense and INT faced, so yeah.

Anyone got an EXP chart for humans in normal Brig, assuming you promote at L10 and L20? I don't have one handy and it'll be useful here. All I remember is that you hit L10 at 5k EXP.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:19:11 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: October 14, 2009, 08:24:59 PM »
Well, yeah Snow.  That was my main issue with it, and why I was quite glad I could get rid of the items (although, what really makes thematic sense is if it just kept a separate inventory and then combined them when the paths join).  I mean, if I could just load them up with end game gear right away, then I won't be spending the game getting the AP I need in order to let them catch up since a lot of that is gotten at the same time as one is hunting for ingredients and recipes.

As for Chloe, I do recall Raze never being played by her.  But then, you need to have some kind of hangup for that to work, and the only place where he isn't brutally honest is his grandfather, which makes him decently immune to her.  I suspect Flay will also prove to be immune to her, mostly because he's just too awesome to be defeated by a lesser being.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: October 14, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »
Well, yeah Snow.  That was my main issue with it, and why I was quite glad I could get rid of the items (although, what really makes thematic sense is if it just kept a separate inventory and then combined them when the paths join).  I mean, if I could just load them up with end game gear right away, then I won't be spending the game getting the AP I need in order to let them catch up since a lot of that is gotten at the same time as one is hunting for ingredients and recipes.

Well yeah. Gust pretty much rammed their forehead into an ice cream cone with how they handled carryover, won't defend that.

As for Chloe, I do recall Raze never being played by her.  But then, you need to have some kind of hangup for that to work, and the only place where he isn't brutally honest is his grandfather, which makes him decently immune to her.  I suspect Flay will also prove to be immune to her, mostly because he's just too awesome to be defeated by a lesser being.

Raze just knows not to fuck with Chloe, actually, is my interp. It sorta makes sense when you remember Yun's fifth CQ where Raze makes the mistake of asking Chloe what did Corona tell her and then backpedals at the speed of light. If you're not Flay, you defeat Chloe by steering the fuck clear of her, and Raze has the common sense to figure it out. <_<

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: October 14, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
Raze just knows not to fuck with Chloe, actually, is my interp. It sorta makes sense when you remember Yun's fifth CQ where Raze makes the mistake of asking Chloe what did Corona tell her and then backpedals at the speed of light. If you're not Flay, you defeat Chloe by steering the fuck clear of her, and Raze has the common sense to figure it out. <_<

There's also the fact that she gave him a chance to back away like that.  Most people she just launches into without any kind of warning.  Lily never got one, for example.  Then again, Lily is also probably the easiest target to hit in the game.  Which...  is a fairly impressive title.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: October 14, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
Ulrika wants a word with you, actually. I know what you mean, but... Ulrika begs for it even more than Lily does. And gets it. >_>

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: October 15, 2009, 12:33:39 AM »
SRWOGEF: Played and beat. It was entertaining enough, in a skim-the-dialogue-or-it-will-implode-your-brain sort of way. The battle system makes it the first VP-ish game I've played that doesn't fall into the trap of "work out bread-and-butter combo, whore it against every enemy, win," and partly it does that through good features like spirits that let you pull off trickier combos, the importance of timing your support attacks and multi-character chains that vary with the turn order, but partly it relies on Forced Evasion, and that mechanic, along with having to blow through a full attack's worth of hits to break guard, can blow me. Also it's really easy in the endgame, but "SRW PC cast broken" doesn't really shock the world.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: October 15, 2009, 12:36:39 AM »
I've yet to see someone who doesn't want whoever thought Forced Evasion was a good idea dead, and for good reason. Welcome to the club, Shale.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: October 15, 2009, 12:43:20 AM »
I don't get why they didn't just give you bonuses of some kind for big combos. Extra experience, cash, items, use the combo number as a damage multiplier, something other than that bullshit. It seems obvious. And the preview of EXCEED shows experience bonuses for a 100-hit combo, so it's not like they couldn't think of it either.
-Ponder Stibbons

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: October 15, 2009, 12:44:46 AM »
I just got to the replay only Bonta-kun army vs Zondar stage in SRW W. This may be the greatest level in videogame history.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: October 15, 2009, 12:45:23 AM »
It's entirely possible.
-Ponder Stibbons

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: October 15, 2009, 12:48:30 AM »
I don't get why they didn't just give you bonuses of some kind for big combos. Extra experience, cash, items, use the combo number as a damage multiplier, something other than that bullshit. It seems obvious. And the preview of EXCEED shows experience bonuses for a 100-hit combo, so it's not like they couldn't think of it either.

The only bonuses they gave were HIGHER CRIT RATE AW YEAH wait what do you mean valor >>>>>>> that anyway. I pretty much agree with you there, there are so many ways to reward longer combo chains and punish whiffs, and forced evasion is just about the most hamfisted way they could have come up with to emphasize comboing. I have no idea what went there.

Also, this reminds me that I may have to play W soon.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: October 15, 2009, 07:12:33 AM »
FF1- Just went through the Ice Cavern and got the Levistone.

It's been a nice little jaunt of a game. Nothing too involved. It's not irritating or great, but playable and somewhat enjoyable.