Author Topic: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.  (Read 685807 times)

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
Re: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.
« Reply #5250 on: October 20, 2009, 11:20:42 PM »
SRW Alpha - These late-game bosses were not very well planned out.

But but they can do overkill damage!!

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: October 20, 2009, 11:21:46 PM »
That's true for like half the bosses in SRW period!
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: October 20, 2009, 11:32:07 PM »
But but they can do overkill damage!!

*Whiff*

*Whiff*

*Whiff*
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5253 on: October 21, 2009, 01:52:31 AM »
ToV - I am doing stuff.  Not really progressing the plot like I probably should be really, but you see there is Synthesis to be doing and DOG MAP to fill out.

Ah, ToV, the only game where you get to piss all over the world and get rewarded for it.

Note that you can't complete that quest until near the end of the game, and advancing the story reverses your progress, so it's best to wait on it until later, unfortunately.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:06 AM »
KH 358/2 Days: Day 258, yeah, little progress.

Ok, look, Solid ARmors are not fun by themselves.  They're durable, hit reasonably hard (by the game's standards), silence you (meaning your offense gets hamstringed), and they have one freaking sensitive spot that's a pain in the ass to hit...

DON'T PAIR THEM WITH GOD DAMN HORNS.  Killing off the Horns with one of those guys running around is a pain, but its even more annoying getting smacked into a spawn point when you think you're done with them, after taking off half of the Armors HP, and they just heal him up. 

Having to fight 2 Solid Armors wasn't fun either for that matter.

Mages are also annoying in this game.  There are too many variants, and they're starting to pull retarded annoying gimmicks.  "Hey look, I teleport away from your combos!"  Given how your final hit of a combo is usually your big damage, its hard to punish them.

The game is decent and all, but ugh do some of the enemy decisions make the game frustrating at times, not cause of difficulty, but cause of "GOD DAMN DIE ALREADY!" syndrom.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: October 21, 2009, 04:50:30 AM »
Grandia 3, Overcompensation Version-

Emelious is ridiculous. First he has a sword the size of the Empire State Building, but then he lives in a cocoon that is phallic and hangs out in a tower on the cocoon which is also ridiculously large. Along with his incest issues he really needs to get laid (by not-Alfina). Now he is super happy because he saw the fantasy world of everyone getting turned into glass. All because of his overwhelming dissatisfaction with his penis.

I'm not actually playing anything but whatever.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: October 21, 2009, 05:36:40 AM »
Dissidia: Not playing as much these days.  Managed to get a Lionheart though.  After my current run through Lunar Whale, think I'm going to give Inward Chaos another shot.

MK2: Alright, this I've been playing a fair bit more of.  Though, for about 1/3 of Ulrika's path I've been playing it while simultaniously drifting in and out of small naps.  That said, I do have a few small notes.  First off, the game is really suffering from having the Grow Book and the Recipes transferring over.  It allowed for a lot more choice of what I opened first, sure.  But the fact of the matter is, I'm now at a point where I'm really suffering for armour and accessories, and I'm going to have to break down and see which of the gear I have in there is viable for the point in the game I'm at (ie. has bonuses that are worth caring about but also only requires stuff that I have access to.)  Doesn't help that the lack of need to hunt down ingredients so that I can make stuff and so that I can then improve my team is also encouraging me to not do more dungeon runs than is necessary, which is also leading to less AP.  Though, I'm not too sure that spamming the defensives is going to help that much since I've already got the bulk of the cheap ones anyways and I'm pretty sure it's the equipment lagging.  On Raze's path, this problem was nicely avoided by the fact that I'd have to make everything, so I could just check against the new stuff and see how bonuses stacked up.  And the lack of pressure to build new stuff means having to pick through very hard to read text to compare bonuses and materials over eight pages of equips.  At least I can tell the highest end stuff out by the handy Not Synthed Yet symbol, which will matter when I hit the endgame dungeon, grab a few ingredients, and then pull out to do a final synth run.

Now, away from the NG+ griping.  On to Ulrika path itself.  As expected, there is more plot here.  In fact, there's even hinting about stuff going on with Raze's plot going on here as well.  But, being Ulrika, she doesn't actually do anything with it until other people find out about it.  And sure, Raze doesn't have major movement on his plot until other people know what's going on, but at least he tries to go forward with it (and fails, because he's not on speaking terms with the two people who'd tell him what's up, and the third doesn't exactly have his best interests in mind.  But hey, effort).  Anyways, currently on the Parent's Day chapter, which is the first of the major smash ups.  I do like how the mix n match with Raze's party has a little more versatility to it.  Am a little saddened that the guest forms seem destined to suck though.

Ulrika, has been working fairly well.  About as unhinged as Et, which explains why the two of them have worked so well in the few scenes they've shared.  Also plays up the uneducated hick aspect fairly well.  In combat has been solid, and has been one of my few sources of GT damage.  I'd consider trying to save up for her ability to increase the power of CS, but unlike Puniyo who could afford to use CS because the core of the team had the GT offense covered, Ulrika cannot.

Chloe, the lack of GT really, really hurts her.  And I'm not sure the power of her ST is quite enough to make up for it.  Regardless, she makes up for this with the badass restore HP/SP Intimate Guard.  And the Restore SP Support Guard.  As for character, been enjoying her CQs.  They've mostly been people dealing with the results of her 'experiments', but have been fun.  CQ2 was great, if only for what happened to Goto.  Also good is her rational for being there, and the fact that she seems to be the only thing keeping Enna in the workshop.  Also, seems to be a fan of Flay, which I can approve of.  I think if she had the option, she'd totally sit in on his classes just to wallow in the misery he inflicts on his students.

Enna...  probably my MVP in combat right now.  Likely because he seems to have a party monopoly on GT and Timed attacks.  Doesn't hurt that I'm going through a patch of lightning weak enemies at the moment.  Out of combat, he's generally a weaker character than Chloe since a lot of his dialogue comes off as slightly whiney, whereas Chloe and Raze manage to pull off similar territory without having that same feel to their voice acting.  However, you do have to feel sorry for the guy.  I honestly think the guy would be a lot happier if he and Et swapped places, since Lily's Workshop has Et, she who tries to kill with love.  And Ulrika's Workshop has...  at least everyone's tried to kill him by now.  At least Et is supportive of his calling as opposed to joining Ulrika, Pepperoni, and Goto on the "A Man Without Muscles is Worthless" kick.  I mean, he's a kid who has managed to build a one of a kind mechanical fighting device from scratch, and they mock him as useless because he's physically weak and not able to do much without it.  So...  yeah.  At least when Chloe tried to kill him, it was in a method that could have theoretically gotten him laid.  In his next life.

Pepperoni, also good in battle, though not surprising given how much plot hype he has for it.  In fact, I think he's the only person who gets plot combat hype who not only manages to live up to it, but also manages to avoid being the worst fighter in their party (though, given three people get that type of hype, at least one had to avoid that).  Out of it, seems to exist mostly to be the butt of jokes when Enna doesn't suit better, and to be Goto's "little" buddy and wingman.  CQs...  are currently managing to tank below everything from Raze's path, but then, Puniyo's CQs started slow as well, so who knows.  Maybe he'll improve.

Aaaaand we come to Goto.  Earlier, I referred to Ulrika as Ciato, if she were an unlikable bitch.  Well, let me tell you the tale of Ronald.  I haven't seen him in many years, but back when I knew him, he was a pretty likable guy who was a fairly large nerd.  And his one very notable trait was that he a) really enjoyed hitting on women, and b) always struck out.  These were so notable that when Thousand ARMs was described to us, we all immeadiatly nicknamed it the Ronald RPG.  Now, let's take away lovable nerd, and replace that with creepy rapist, and I think you get an accurate starting point for discussing Goto.  For those who think that's too harsh, his introduction scene involves him breaking into Tony's office, hitting him with a drug that'll wipe his memory and brain wash him for two weeks.  Afterwards, Goto laments that he had been saving that for the next woman to resist him, and Pepperoni's response is akin to "Oh Goto, you lovable lawbreaking scamp!"

After an introduction like that, he takes the always annoying man of mystery, irresistable playboy, and macho man tropes, uses the worst parts of all three, and combines them in a horrific amalgam of suck.  This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that he uses every single line to try and jam in as much innuendo and references to how awesome he is as he can, with bonus points added for each phrase that involves hitting on something that is not inanimate.  And what kind of narcissist would he be if his voice were the one part of himself he wasn't in love with, leading to the only times he isn't jabbering wildly being when he either isn't around, or when he's pissed off Chloe, who seems to be the one person he's afraid of (possible exception for Flay, but he has yet to piss off Flay, sadly).  And...  yeah.  His CQs have also mostly been about how he has hypno-rays in his eyes, all of his suits are actually explosive laden robotic whatevers (so he's Cait Sith), and how he's willing to kill officers of the law who're after him for unstated crimes in his past, that get brushed off after he admits to the party that he's guilty (naturally, with another lovable lawbreaking scamp type line from Pepperoni).  Add in the fact that he's apparently in his fourties...

So, yeah.  Goto is currently acting as proof that there is a God, and that he hates me and all I stand for.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: October 21, 2009, 06:03:03 AM »
Chloe's high MAG at least makes her useful with CSs. Nothing touches Puniyo in this regard, of course, but it's good for crowd control. And Enna never really stops being useful. Being the only PC who can reliably clear out enemy cards? Yeah, has anyone here not used him in their final party?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: October 21, 2009, 06:06:37 AM »
I have, specifically for the last boss. I knew I would regret it from the minute I benched him, and dear god I did.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: October 21, 2009, 06:09:55 AM »
Masochist.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: October 21, 2009, 06:10:44 AM »
Hmm, yeah.  As much as Roxis was better at clearing Timed Cards (got to choose the range of cards he cleared, turned enemy time cards into damage), it's a nice niche to have to help stand out from the rest of the crowd once he has to compete with Lily and Et.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: October 21, 2009, 06:36:59 AM »
Masochist.

You tell me. Those timed cards make the fight -insane-. It's telling about how broken MK's system and items are at base that I beat him with no resets.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: October 21, 2009, 06:50:50 AM »
Grandia 3: Overcompensation Edition Indeed.

So yeah, Melc Ruins. Compared to the boss, the dungeon won't be that bad, right? ... right? Yeah not so much. Turns out Melc Ruins has some fairly nasty randoms, and the one I remember being nasty is... probably the nastiest random so far on this challenge. Unless we count the Forest Protectors as one. Anyway.

Some setup notes for this dungeon... it is big, and I am increasingly leaning on spells, so the big skills that come out to play for this dungeon are Wind and Water Mastery. The dungeon features one enemy weak to each of those elements, as a bonus.

Melc Birds - I think these guys exist to make you feel better about the rest of the dungeon. They have horrible HP, are weak to wind, and all they do is summon more of each other until there's a lot at which point they can unleash a combo attack which they never get off and isn't that good anyway. Nowhere near as good as the birds from the Vejas Jungle, nowhere near as good as almost anything.
Madai - Also pretty scrubby. Weak to physicals, so Ripple Shot rapes. They have some weak, evadable fire magic (Boom and Burnstrike). Susceptible to confusion at an alarming rate, and since they're weak to confuse physicals, the result is lulz.
Lesser Demon - Not as bad as the previous two, they can actually run effective interference for competent enemies. They have Fiora, which is still very annoying due to the lack of blocker besides the Gold Ring, and Zap-All, which isn't too impressive unless it gets lucky and paralyses. Decent enough HP though.

Okay, now for the ones that matter.

Lich (3 resets) - They have three special attacks. One is Hellburner. Remember how Melc Crystals' Hellburner is a notable 2HKO? Yeah, so's this. Resist fire or expect extreme pain. The second is Dark Mist, an NE magic attack you may remember from Excise Psi. It's a bit weaker than Hellburner (2-3HKO border), but unresistable. The IP damage it does isn't negligible. Finally, there is their favourite attack, Curse of Death. It doesn't inflict Death, but it does inflict Silence. And does 3HKO physical damage, and cancels, and is super fast. And they say "braaaaaains" when they use it. So they have style while they are dangerous. You fight one fairly often, and that's manageable enough; usually I have to take out any Lesser Demons they come with quickly. There are a couple fights with two at once, though, and this is where they become deadly. They're fast, every move they have is highly dangerous, and their HP, while not good, is just enough to make them stick around (generally I 3HKO them). Status is a pretty good way to deal with them; Stun Force in particular (I get it to L5 against them).

Red Beast (2 resets) - They have good HP (high 4 digits), are nearly immune to IP damage and stunning, respectable speed. The usual makings of a competent random. They resist fire, which is annoying, but they make up for it by being weak to ice, which means Crackle and Diamond Dust come out to play. They have a large skillset; the worst is Rampage, a powerful ST cancelling physical which is almost as dangerous as Hellmixer. They also have a weaker physical tech which hits enemies around them (this is rare), Fiora (we still hate it), Ba-Boom (moderately powerful MT fire; resist it!), and Dark Blitz, which is evadable, but inflicts paralysis, so... better not let it catch you where you can't dodge unless you're blocking paralyse (and Dahna can't block both paralyse and fire). Like Liches, one isn't too bad, but two is a nightmare. Diamond Dust does take down their HP really quickly if fired at point blank, at least, but they're never frail, and unlike Liches, status isn't really an option. Only reason I found them easier is because they're not quite as fast, and because they have useless moves (Dark Blitz against someone who can dodge, Fiora against Alfina). Still nasty.

But the real source of the pain is this one dude you have to fight two of. Well, technically, they're optional, but they guard some pretty cool loot, and besides, I never turn down a challenge. Even if this is the first random I think I may not be able to beat at first.

Hyudra (4 resets) - Well, let's see. They have three heads, with the centre head having 9600 HP and the sides having 7200. They're speedy, so they get a bit more than 1.5 turns per round each. They have high magic defence, and good but not amazing physical defence, so those HP numbers are better than they look. So far, competent but not notable. So, skillset time.

Regeneration: This move is evil. Each head will always use it first turn and if it runs out it will be used again. It grants a regen status which restores 5% mHP about 3-4 times a round. So we have a reasonably durable enemy who regens 15-20% HP a round. Alone, this can be overcome. But of course, as soon as you stop to heal, your work starts going down the toilet. This regen is powerful enough to annoy a party of four, something I remember well. Against two PCs? Uh oh. The status lasts like 10 turns, i.e. too damn long.
Crackle: The most common attack of all three. Does notable IP damage, airs a character and renders them very vulnerable to comboing. Only about 300 damage if it's halved. And if you're not halving water in this battle, you're doing something wrong.
Tri-Bite: A powerful ST physical attack that cancels (not quite as good as Rampage or Hellmixer, but still borderline 2-3HKO). I'm getting sick of these. Used by the main head only.
Aqua Breath: A fan physical attack which is water elemental. A little weaker than Crackle. Used by the side heads.
Poizn: Poison is actually super annoying in this battle. Unfortunately Dahna can't block both poison and ice at once. Her poor armour options are getting really annoying.
Diamond Dust, Crackle Fang: Once you down one head, the centre head gets ANGRY. Crackle Fang is as good as Ba-Boom, only water elemental, which means it's 2-3HKO if you don't resist it, and this is why you damn well should. Diamond Dust does variable damage and can be dodged, but it's not easy because it tracks.

The real issue is rather simple. Getting attacked five or so times a round means that their damage, while not super-impressive with water resistance (aside from Tri-Bite) really adds up, and they're tanky enough to force you to start healing before you kill them. At that point the regen is just... something I can't seem to overcome. A bad run that forces me back on my heels can easily see the Hydra heads recover to full HP. This makes me more inclined to take risks instead of healing, and that makes me more likely to end up dead. Three speedy competent enemies can kill pretty effectively if not taken seriously.

I actually despair of winning this one. It doesn't seem possible. For the lulz, I try a totally different setup: physical (Tech/Body), featuring the skills Berserker, Brute Strength, Lizard Hunter, Perception, and Passive Defence. The basic idea is this. Hit the hydra as hard as possible with 6-hit physicals and hope to tie them up.

This works much better than expected. Hyudras have a reasonably long "recovering from weakness hit" animation, and as long as it is going on, none of the Hyudra's turns can advance past the Command line. So... basically, a Lizard Hunter/Berserker physical can tie up a Hyudra for quite a while if it isn't actively getting a turn.

Adding to the mix is Dancing Cards, which I basically never used before this but get to L2 in my battles against these dudes. Dancing Cards are cool because I can lead into my offensive bullrush against a hyudra head with a card-blitz, either off a counter or a critical, which sends them all to attack at once. Wow and Runner also are good buffs to be used before I start going, particularly on Dahna, who has by far the stronger physical at the moment due to the Judge's Cards obtained in this dungeon. (They also have the bonus of sometimes silencing the hyudra head, though this lasts for less than half a round.) A Wow'd, full-on Dancing Card strike can take off half the HP of the weaker hyudra heads, starting me well on my way to victory.

So the strategy ends up being: buff, then physical blitz one of the heads into oblivion, heal and repeat. In some ways things get tougher with one head dead, because Crackle Fang is a pain in the ass, but no big. On the other hand, it's easier to catch all the heads not acting, and that leaves the hyudra open for a locking, berserker blitz. If Alfina and Dahna's turns sync up perfectly, I can keep a hyudra tied up indefinitely like this. hax.

Worth noting that Seiba's Orb was probably practically a free kill on a Hydura (5 free turns + all stats up? Eat it, regen). But I knew I'd have to kill at least one without, so once I found a way to do it, I just applied the same strategies to the second hyudra. Fortunately there aren't more, because each one ate through ~3 Healing Gems (when forced to heal, no reason to go with anything but the best).

Once the hyudras are dead, the rest of the dungeon is a breeze. The last floor is really a bit of a joke, no more Hyudras or Red Beasts, very few Liches and never more than one at a time. Guess they figured you deserved a break. To maintain the interest through this area, there is one last enemy, the Lucky Mink, aka Liquid Metal Slime wannabe. Very fast, takes 0-1 from everything, 18 HP, likes to run away or cast Runner. My strategy for them is to Berserker physical -> Crackle -> Aerial combo, but I never get especially close to killing one with just two PCs anyway.

blah blah blah dolphin blah blah. Emelious hangs out in his ridiculous world of overcompensation, Kornell wonders what the fuck is going on, Violetta is a crazy fangirl, and nobody cares about the other two villains.

Next time, the swarm of fire-weaks make their return, I get to deal with Violetta (uh oh) and La-Ilim (will he continue his run of the only non-Minotaur boss not to kill me?). Happy times for all.

Oh yeah, levels, since I am bad about reporting them, are 34 for Melc Crystals, 38 for finishing the dungeon.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: October 21, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »
Played Death Toll with Yakko, Super, and Trips.  Yakko and Trips died on the last Tank, and then I got incapped and swarmed while Super took off on the boat.  That jerk.

At least I shot him and his stupid friends 18 times before the end. 

Tell me this involved Lonely Island quotes.  I know it is lame, but this is why such things exist.

Also Djinn, I expected the game was going to do that because that would be the shittiest way to have such a mini game.  Oh well, I have pissed pretty much everywhere, so just have to keep on top of it, so assuming he takes a limited number of territory per plot point it shouldn't be to bad.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: October 21, 2009, 06:36:31 PM »
"So I was escaping the zombie hoard, but got stuck on the boat and the tank THREW ME TO THE GROUND.  I won't be PART of this SYSTEM.  That boat's not gonna save you.  So the tank was tazing me in my butthole, it was on fire, and I WAS ON THE GROUND.  The moral of this story?  YOU CAN'T TRUST THE SYSTEM."

Is that what you mean?  Because I wasn't thinking it at the time.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5265 on: October 21, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »
Actually Gref I am often tempted to quote Lonely Island when I'm the only person on the boat, so far I have resisted the impulse. If I ever made a custom map for L4D I would definitely have a boat finale with that song playing over the game stats.

Here is the Video so people know what we're talking about I guess.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:15:11 PM by AAA »
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: October 21, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »
Hah!  Hadn't seen that one before.

Andy Sandberg is a modern day Weird Al.

FF4:  So, you know what completely destroys the magnet cave?  Cecil with Draw Attacks, Brace, and HP+50%.

You know what completely destroys Barbarrica?  Kain with Darkness, and Rosa with Omnicast, Dualcast, and FastTalker. 

I think NG+ may make my view of the difficulty of the game skewed from here on out...

Taishyr

« Reply #5267 on: October 21, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »
* Taitoro finishes statting out the most important skillset in FFTA2 - the SCIONS.

... why do the ultimate summons in the game... run off the physical attack stat?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:22 PM »
Because FFTA2 mechanics hate your guts. Nothing else explains the string of non-sequiturs on those mechanics, you'd think the game was programmed by Gust or something.

Taishyr

« Reply #5269 on: October 21, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »
Also:

Scions:
Zalera: Condemnation. Physical, +60 mod, dark-elemental, inflicts Doom+Sleep, MT.
Ultima: Ultima. Physical, +60 mod, holy-elemental, fullheals HP of all allies and self. MT.
Belial/Mateus/Adrammelech: Hellfire/Frostwave/Judgment Bolt. Physical, +50 mod, fire/ice/bolt elemental, MT.
Famfrit/Hashmal/Chaos: Tsunami/Gaia's Wrath/Tornado. Physical, +60 mod, water/earth/wind-elemental, MT.
Cuchulainn: Blight. Physical, +45 mod, adds poison, MT.
Exodus: Meteor. 999 damage, unblockable, accuracy/2 hit rate. ST.
Zodiark: Final Eclipse. 999 damage, unblockable, accuracy/2 hit rate. Hits all targets on the field, including allies and user.
Shemhazai: Soul Purge. 999 damage, unblockable, ST. In theory this relies on kill count, and gets dropped to 0 after each use, but they fucked up the kill counter in the game so it doesn't work like that.
Zeromus: Big Bang. mHP-cHP damage. accuracy/2 hit rate. ST.

Guess which one of these has -absolutely no purpose ever-.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: October 21, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »
... why is Zodiark a suicide skill.

Taishyr

« Reply #5271 on: October 21, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »
Evasion twinking is possible on your end, the enemies never do it. So you can set your team to usually evade and half the enemy team gets fried.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: October 21, 2009, 10:40:20 PM »
So, you wanted to hype Zeromus summon.

Taishyr

« Reply #5273 on: October 21, 2009, 10:42:55 PM »
Correctamundo.

What makes that skill even funnier? That very same attack is on like four other classes, in every regard except range (which Zeromus wins at, but if you're close enough to be taking damage...) and area (which, amusingly, Adelle does -better- than Zeromus. Adelle for Zeromus slayer.)

EDIT: And this reminds me that I should try to sort out plot claims to scions, if any. Frimelda gives your group the High Seraph's Plume and then joins a mission later, is the main one I remember...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:53:23 PM by Taitoro »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: October 22, 2009, 12:54:01 AM »
Scions are PHYSICAL? What, does the Bangaa walk up to the enemy and say "Hold still while I punch you with GOD"?

Actually that's a pretty awesome image, but doesn't excuse the :psyduck:. FFTA2 mechanics. -_-
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist