Register

Author Topic: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.  (Read 676090 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.
« Reply #1675 on: April 04, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »
Also Freya instead of Alicia (who is outclassed by Lenneth completely in the SG).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 04, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
I need to add a snide "ahahahahaha vp2 mages" here.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Bardiche

« Reply #1677 on: April 04, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
idk my mages never get blocked maybe people hype them for that

Well, I'll see whatever I do. I probably won't get Ehrde again anyway since it's 10% chance but I guess I can keep him around if it comes to that.

I wish this game had Lorenta. She makes everything better. I was so disappointed she didn't have any conversation with Valkyrie or further PLOT moments.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 04, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »
idk my mages never get blocked maybe people hype them for that

Hit people from the sides or the back. That's more efficient and doesn't waste a character slot on a mage. Not to mention that blocking isn't a big deal anyway, most enemies tended to get killed through blocking for me. >_>

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 04, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »
Some enemies also dodge mages, for what it's worth. Typically the same ones who can dodge back hits.

Maybe.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: April 04, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »
Shadow Dragon.  Incidentally, what did your endgame party end up being?

Marth - 25- Didn't know he capped at 30 or I'd a used him more.  He was my highest for a long time, but at 19 I quit using him to save exp.  Oops!
Cain - 20/8-  Smashed stuff pretty good, surprised I didn't level him more.
Draug- 20/7- Ehh, not the godlike tank that FE7 Generals were
Shiida- 20/10- Not a great fighter, low HP, but the Wind Spear carried her the entire game.
Ogma- 20/5-  Disappointed by how weak he was upon upgrading.
Barst- 20/9-  Smashed stuff.  My early game MVP
Castor- 20/4-  Once he turned into a Horseman I got mad that I couldn't use long bow
Julian- 14 (FAIL!)-  Gave up trying to level him
Maria- 20/12- Spammed Recover, Warp, Psychic, and Fortify all game, never used her to fight, he speed sucked.
Linde- 20/20  (That shouldn't surprise anyone here.  Underage mages are win!  She also one shotted dragon on a lucky Aura Crit.)
Wolf- 9  Leveled too damn slow, if I wouldn't have used him I'm sure the others coulda had more exp!
Lena- 20/6- Early game healer, first to 20, but last one I promoted
Abel- 11- Gave up on him at all, more experience draining.

So yeah, if I didn't waste time on Julian, Abel, and Wolf I'm sure my other guys would have been closer to 20/15ish, but still not quite there.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 04, 2009, 08:56:33 PM »
The Seraphic Gate 7 are Rufus, Dylan, Brahms, Hrist, Lenneth, Valkyrie and Freya yes. Speaking of which, I still have my SG file where I'm farming Ether crowns. Rufus/Freya combination splitting of the stat items on that file since once used more MAG and the other more ATK. That being said, Stone Hurlers Wrath > You! I should combine that with 3x damage seal stone/Lightning Blessing/Sharp Sword Law and Blue Gale bows to see how much damage Rufus can deal >_>. I think one hit of Thunder Break right now does something like 25000 damage.

Pokemon Platinum:
At Elite 4. Took a look at the after game, seems like their is lots of fun involved. Hate Game Freak for several other things though. Not having Wifi also sucks since I want to transfer some of the pokes I already trained to the Platinum file. What do I hate Game Freak for? Well...

- Running legendaries. It's enough that you have a catch rate of 3 on these things. But letting them run while ASLEEP is just stupid. You basically need a Bronzong or a Crobat to catch these things unless you like hunting them. And no, I'm not just referring to Mespirit and Cressilia. The birds are also runners. Hate.
- On the same note of low catch rates...Girantina has 3 moves that only have 5 PP. Whoever decided this was a good idea: Kill yourself. More than twice the stupid thing died from using Struggle
- Setting up Wifi is also a bitch. But this is more Nintendo's fault, so disregarded
- Why are there no good Ground types that can learn a solid ground move before the E4? Garchomp exists...but it learns DIG. Not much in terms of other choices
- Changing Ditto from Pokeradar 22% to Mansion Garden 5% rate and needing to talk to the stupid mansion owner. WHY ARE YOU MAKING DITTOs MORE ANNOYING TO CATCH :(

Also went and fought Volkner yesterday. And here's where I'm going to agree to a statement I think Captain K made a while ago. Trace > Synchronize. Gardevoir as a lead Trace's Jolteon's Volt Absorb. Oh Shi-. Traditional Gardevoir Gym tactics apply. Hint: Gardevoir sweep puny Volkner

Rest of the game has been solid. Keeps most of D/Ps good points along with some nice polish touches (FASTER Surf) but also some wtf here and there (Encounter rates are still high as hell). Especially the AI. It's done some really stupid things. Like Girantina using Shadow Force/Omnious Wind 4 times in a row against Bibarel. Then there's this other trainer who used Curse with his Dusclops at less than 1/2 its health...except said Dusclops was also his last Pokemon.

Probably gets a +0.5 for the after game stuff. They screwed up bits and pieces but improved other parts that I think the overall score evens out around the same. After game sounds delicious though.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 04, 2009, 11:15:53 PM »
VP2 - Ah, SG mobility puzzles. They already started getting batshit and I haven't even gotten past floor 2.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 05, 2009, 02:33:52 AM »
Platinum: Done. After game get, which is basically time waster gallore. Whee!

Final string of things...which is basically Elite 4. Levels are lowered. But due to switching pokes, my pokes are also lower levelled. Anyways, Aaron/Bertha/Flint/Lucian weren't bad. Not a whole lot of item use. Since you can set up a DT/CM or Sword Dancer on some of their pokes if you need to. Now Cynthia...she was just a bitch. Second switch immediately into Garchomp = no time to set up. Garchomp being 15 levels above everyone else didn't help. Thankfully, I bought a lot of X.Defends and X.Sp.Defs after watching a Magikarp only run. After running her out of Dragon Rushes and Earthquakes, I set up Empoleon with 3x Sword Dance and 5 X.Defends + X.Sp.Defs. Aqua Jet go go go.

MORAL OF THIS STORY: Drugs are awesome. Use them. Also, round robin revival > any trainer in any pokemon game.

Game is +0.5 from D/P. AI is still craptastic. Some highlights -

<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> Suicide Curser is hilarious >_>
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> I HAVE LESS THAN 50% OF MY HEALTH. THIS IS MY LAST POKEMON. NOTHING CAN GO WRONG
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> *Dusclop dies*
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> HOW COULD I LOSE D:

And...

<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> ...
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> ........
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> GO FLAREON
<+Shale> ..........?
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> Gardevoir traces Flash Fire
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> At this point Flint makes Flareon use Will-o-wisp
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> FOR 6 TURNS IN A ROW
<+Hello-PrescotthedralWaddleDee> ...
<%Aya> >.>
<%Aya> You didn't kill the Flareon over 6 turns?
<+Hello-PrescotthedralWaddleDee> DPP AI...
<@Elecman> CM
<Tide|KURSEYOURICHARD> CM
<@Elecman> I assume
<%Aya> Oh.
<+Hello-PrescotthedralWaddleDee> Is it as glorious as it sounds?
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 05, 2009, 02:50:26 AM »
The big 7 are indeed Lenneth, Freya, Hrist, Dylan, Brahms, Rufus and Valkyrie, for the following reasons!

Lenneth and Valkyrie: Best Swordsmen, thus best Levantine users.  Lenneth has better Physical damage mults, but Valkyrie has +30% Holy added onto all her damage, making her better at the magic damage; the two come out to about even, and it depends on various factors who wins.

Rufus: Best "Mage"; his Magic Mults are sick, and are for the most part the same element (Lightning), so can be easily twinked for extra damage; Supreme Crossbow is actually his best weapon in practice due to most of his damage being magical, and this weapon adds +50% Holy to his damage (The Shiny Rupture WOULD be better, but its element is Earth, thus clashes with Lightning Blessing.)

Hrist: Only user of Gungnir, which is a damn good weapon, and she has good enough attacks to make use of it.

Freya: Obscene mults on her attacks, mainly.

Brahms: Not much on damage (though he's not bad, just the worst of the big 7), but has parasitic healing on his physicals (which allows him to take more advantage of the Adamantite and possibly Paper tiger Blessing), a damn good HP Score, and Conquorer's Armor to help avoid Astral Maze hax.

Dylan: Best Greatswordsmen, thus best user of Tyrving.  He's the best by far, even!

Everyone else is just a lesser version of the above, Alicia and Silmeria included.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 05, 2009, 03:27:19 AM »
Yoshi's Island DS - Cleared 4-4, and now it looks like I'm getting Time Paradox'd. Poor kid's just finding out that he grows up to be just as big a loser as he is right now.

Spider-Man: The One What MC Made: Cleared Chapter 1, and said no to the passive-aggressive psycho's booty call. Webswinging kicks ass, but I'm starting to have some camera issues, and I had a bit of a glitch where I found a bunch of invisible, immortal gang members.

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 05, 2009, 04:20:49 AM »
Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy - Playing through Story Mode as Edward Elric.  So far, it's been very easy.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 05, 2009, 04:50:07 AM »
MM9-Beat once, with an embrassing final time, then beat again which got me Waltz and Tango at the same time, which puts me roughly at half the challenges completely. Fun game, good piece of retro nostalgia. Not being able to save on Wily stages is a giant pain in the ass, but whatevs. Not done yet, of course, going to try and see how fast I can do it in. Plus there are plenty of challenges left to do.

L4D-Okay. Death Toll, on Expert. Me, Eph, and two random people. Things go smoothly until the 4th level, where we have some unfortunate deaths. One attempt went as follows:

The whole team is doing fine until the parking lot before the Crescendo Event, where a tank spawns and none of us have molotovs. Eph had startled a Witch previously and had died, leaving me and the two random people. The person playing Zoey was near dead, then got Boomered and then Pounced by a hunter and died quickly. The guy playing Bill and I backpedaled, shooting down zombies that had been summoned by the Boomer and taking potshots whereever we can. Bill eats a tank fist by the flower shop building, and I'm on my own. I had an Auto-shotty with 20 shells left. I run the tank a merry chase, taking shots whenever I can, and I end up all the way back at the church at the beginning of the level. Now, the safe room door doesn't shut so that's not an option, but I desperately need ammo so I run up there, and take a Hunting Rifle.

The tank runs his merry way over to where I am, taking fire the entire way, then as soon as he climbs up the scaffold I'm on, I jump off and starting running the other way, reprogressing through the level. Eventually I'm back near the flower shop and kill the tank. Immediately afterwards a Horde, a Boomer, a Smoker, and a Hunter all spawn and I run to the nearest alcove and miraculously survive, killing everything left. From then on it's a simple jog up to where everybody respawned near the Cresendo Event.

The Event goes smoothly and we're making our way to the Safe Room when we hear another Tank. This one doesn't go so well and I and the two random people end up dying, leaving Eph. But it's okay, because one person is Incapped and everyone's focusing on her, so surely Eph can run to the safe room so we don't have to do this again, right? Right?

He gets all the way to the rooftop by the fence where you have to drop down...and MISSES THE JUMP, THEN GETS CAUGHT BY A SMOKER AFTER MAKING HIS WAY BACK UP.

tl;dr I am going to shit in his mailbox.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 05, 2009, 05:10:32 AM »
VP2 - Ah, the SG remains glorious. The LORD OF THE UNDEAD scene still makes me chuckle, anyway. More importantly, the Rejected Stalker got his ass handed to him again (Jesus Christ, he's... the second-worst SG boss? Only Gabriel Celeste got owned harder) and now I have Gungnir once again. Spread the deadly bardiche gospel.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 05, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »
- Why are there no good Ground types that can learn a solid ground move before the E4? Garchomp exists...but it learns DIG. Not much in terms of other choices

Geodude learns Magnitude at 15 and Earthquake at 29 (33 for Graveler).  As long as you don't use him against grass or water he's quite serviceable.

Also went and fought Volkner yesterday. And here's where I'm going to agree to a statement I think Captain K made a while ago. Trace > Synchronize. Gardevoir as a lead Trace's Jolteon's Volt Absorb. Oh Shi-. Traditional Gardevoir Gym tactics apply. Hint: Gardevoir sweep puny Volkner

You have a good memory.   :D  The number of pokemon with self-defeating abilities is staggering.

Platinum:  About to head through Mt. Coronet.  Team is Grotle, Luxio, Geodude, Drifloon, Psyduck, Egg.  Levels are 20-22 for each.

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 05, 2009, 02:55:59 PM »
Rhydon/Rhyperior if you can trade learns Earthquake at 49, and Quagsire learns it pretty quickly too and isn't too bad.

Pokemon Platinum: Got the fourth badge. Current team is Bibarel/Golduck/Girafarig/Skuntank/Tropius, all in the low 30s. Trying to use Pokemon I haven't used much before.

Super Robot Taisen K: Finished. Fun game, but my teams final levels were really low - no one learned their last spirits, my highest level was 43. Favorites were Fafner/Godannar/Dangaioh. The units I used the most were the Fafner ones, and they got the most upgrades. Out of who I actually used the least useful was probably Gaiking, though he was really underleveled. Other notes, Vann hits really hard, El Dora Soul can take a lot of hits, and Kira is ridiculous, I made him use Mercy with his map attack so other people could get the kills, probably the first time that spirit has ever been useful.

Fun game though, I enjoyed it more than Z, but that's probably because of the cast and because it's portable and easy to play.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 05, 2009, 03:07:47 PM »
Defense of the Ancients (LAN Marathon):

Ok, from 11:30 until now (21:30~), I had a LAN marathon to celebrate a cousin's birthday.

We had... Well, I don't remember how many matches. But I want to share one particular match that really made me feel good about myself.

Replay Unavailable

SENTINEL:
[Dwarven Sniper - Kardel] Top (AI)
[Shadow Shaman - Rhasta] Middle
[Lord of Olympia - Zeus] Middle
[Vengeful Spirit - Shendelninnyzare] Bottom (Me)
[Drow Ranger - Traxex] Bottom
SCOURGE:
[Priestess of the Moon - Mirana] Top
[Warlock - Demnok Lannik] Top
[Spiritbreaker - Bara] Middle
[Necro'lic - Visage] Middle
[Magnataur - Magnus] Bottom

After we went to our respective lanes, things were pretty ordinary. However, on our side, Kardel died first. Mirana got the first blood. Mirana farming up is NOT a good thing. The Mirana player was also with Warlock, a very good babysitter and support hero who in the end of the match was very dangerous... provided he didn't fuck up. Which he actually did a lot, which is a plus in our favour. Anyway, in my area, I was trying to get in some cheap shots at Magnus, however, I still couldn't really get to farm much - Shendelzare has pretty shoddy range (...er, I think 450) and her base damage sucks balls. Luckily, the Traxex WAS able to farm up a lot. I'll tell you now, that Traxex becomes a very key player to the team. In any case, like I said, the early-game was standard-fare denying, farming, leveling up... However, mid-game is where everything starts to change. The deadly Mirana/Warlock combo starts to own the shit out of our team, allowing them to get very good items. Warlock's ultimate has a huge AoE stun AND summons a giant Infernal - a golem with Immolation, a DoT barrier passive. The Warlock got Refresher Orb, that restores spell cooldowns - including his ultimate. So he uses the damn thing TWICE. This... severely complicates things. They get the upper hand for the majority of the game, a 60~ish minute war of attrition where we bounce back and forth trying to push and win! Things look very bad when our middle area becomes totally devoid of buildings minus the two towers guarding our Tree o' Life. The enemy starts to split up in an attempt to split up our own rock-hard defense... Had we screwed up, we wouldn't have won. However, that was their big mistake... The mistake that cost them the game. I'll tell you now - we win this game. I wish I had saved the replay, but it was getting late. Anyway,  The Mirana/Warlock pair tries to push our top lane, and Rhasta and I go up to defend. Midway through, Rhasta pulls off getting his Aghanim's Sceptre - upgrading his ultimate to summon more than TWELVE Serpent Wards. We end up pushing them back a little, even though we died. However, our teammates were also pushing their middle... And totally demolishing everything. When we revived, Traxex, Rhasty and I charge through the middle lane and wreck their shit up. Rhasta sets up his wards right in between their two towers guarding the throne. Their ENTIRE team teleports back in... but it was too late. Their two towers were destroyed. The Mirana tries to kill me but gets owned - we simply had too many disables. That, and our Traxex had insane damage, due to her Trueshot Aura (increase dmg by 27%) and my Command Aura (increase dmg by 36%). We ended up destroying their throne very easily. It's a battle I'm never going to forget.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #1692 on: April 05, 2009, 04:19:09 PM »
Star Ocean 4: Done, playing through the 7 Star Ruins, wondering when tri-Ace will just make an MMORPG or something since they completely suck cock at story/characters/anything resembling them. (srsly who pays attention to the story in mmo's?) By the end I was only sitting through the cutscenes for hilarity factor.

Sarah or Myuria set on STAY OUT OF TROUBLE with everything except heals turned off + [Any Random 3 others] = There you have a party.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:23:17 PM by Schneizel »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 05, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »
P4- Trumpeter made a joke of the normal final. Culprit's motives are pretty failtastic, but that was to be expected. Sad to be leaving, but lets kick one more god's ass before we go, for old times' sake! YEAH! About to start the final dungeon. Woo.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 05, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »
MMXCM: Did the mine and desert dungeons, got into the secret shop. I finished the desert with about 70,000 Zenny, so I think I might be able to afford one of the useful items.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: April 05, 2009, 05:48:13 PM »
OG2 - Looks like the (first?) pathsplit is over. It's OG1 all over again, Excellen is smashing things and is listed as the kill leader. However, in a significant departure from OG1, the #2 is Tasuku. Easily most improved character so far. Durability still isn't quite as good as it looks, but he now has ranged options and doesn't need oodles of will for everything! And the MAP attack is quite handy. Still has flaws, but yeah.

Game is more challenging than OG1, which is very nice. I've had a few resets here and there - some of the missions are tougher. I'm not really a huge fan of pathsplits where you just plain can't use the other PCs, though. Seems like an attempt at fake replay value; just make us do both routes a la FE10, guys.

FF6 Eviltype - Cleared Vector. My god, Slow is broken. I keep forgetting about it; it's the best spell in FF6 that nobody uses; as good as its WA4 counterpart for the most part (some bosses are immune, but not many) but nobody cares since it's an easier game I guess.

Had a few resets there, and burned ten Phoenix Downs on Shiva/Ifrit, who were the hardest boss. This forced me to beat the remaining bosses without revival. This isn't as bad as it sounds, as only the Cranes seemed able to OHKO (though I got lucky against 024, I suspect). 128's physical blitz was nasty but Slowing him down + using Fader (OMG SUMMON HYPE) defeated him pretty soundly. Cranes were scary but manageable ultimately. Kirin's a neat summon too.

Phantasy Star 4 - Kyra Level 31, Rika and Wren Level 28, Chaz and Rune Level 25. Switched Chaz over to two shields now that he can barely survive Megid (on average, lives with 7 HP, which means he's sometimes OHKOed). This... helps more than I expected. I think I can win this now!

Maybe.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 05, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »
Game is more challenging than OG1, which is very nice. I've had a few resets here and there - some of the missions are tougher. I'm not really a huge fan of pathsplits where you just plain can't use the other PCs, though. Seems like an attempt at fake replay value; just make us do both routes a la FE10, guys.

Agreed. Most SRW games pull this to some degree or another, and with a few exceptions (SRWZ being the only one that comes to mind, where you end up fighting against the other half of the team), there's no reason you couldn't just play both sides in order except to make you replay the game to see everything.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 05, 2009, 06:14:01 PM »
Path splits like that are indeed irksome.  I mean, its one thing if the game is like TO or RS, where it actually changes the plot entirely (though these tend to make the game end up in the same place anyway), making it kind of possible to do both; that's fine.

But just going "Pathsplit for the sake of different perspectives, just for MOAR REPLAY!" is annoying.  I mean, yeah, it makes the game longer, but then, if you want to see both sides, you're going to replay the entire game anyway, which makes it EVEN LONGER, so THAT argument fails.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1698 on: April 05, 2009, 06:46:41 PM »
Star Ocean 4: Done, playing through the 7 Star Ruins, wondering when tri-Ace will just make an MMORPG or something since they completely suck cock at story/characters/anything resembling them. (srsly who pays attention to the story in mmo's?) By the end I was only sitting through the cutscenes for hilarity factor.

Sarah or Myuria set on STAY OUT OF TROUBLE with everything except heals turned off + [Any Random 3 others] = There you have a party.

Eh, anything with Stephen J. Kenni is worth watching. It's basically the only stuff from this game that has any relevance to the others (well, there's also Crowe's ending).

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 05, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »
VP2: Completed this last week while my computer was down. Didn't really know what the hell I was doing at all, so no sidequests past entering Asgard, but tore final boss to shreds. Releasing all Einherjar (except Phyress, 'cause she was awesome) and using all stat boost items on Valkyrie? Throw in Psychosoma & he fell in about 5 hits. Awful ending, but I'm guessing, from what I've heard, that there are multiple endings... Please?

BoF:DQ: Started this after finishing VP2. Started absolutely horribly, but picked up after that. Although... I've just beaten creepy-form-Bosch for the first time, and my D-Counter's around 70%. I'm not gonna be able to do a damn thing, am I?