Register

Author Topic: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.  (Read 685906 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Games you're playing: The 2009 edition.
« Reply #4925 on: October 01, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »
No Mercy is yawn

Can't argue with that.

and who did you play with?  (Hint, play with people that suck).

I played with super. That should take care of that. (Also Trips and Eph)

It's worth trying again, this time with people not running ahead the entire level.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: October 01, 2009, 08:31:49 PM »
Play more Versus, IMO. While I find the campaigns generally acceptable, the true meat of the game really is Versus.

Edit: I feel I should elaborate a little more on this?

Generally speaking, versus requires more competent play and stronger strategy on the whole. The common infected, for the most part, are annoyances as in the normal game. Here, though, they end up as more important annoyances because actual players can abuse them + special infected a hell of a lot more efficiently. Meatshields. Distractions. Hammers. Etc. You really do need to up your team play capabilities and such if you want to make it through and win.

Speaking of actual players abusing them... frankly, playing as the special infected is stupidly fun. Your life span is often short, the respawn time can be annoying and sometimes you die horrifically before you do anything, but some of the shit you end up doing is hilarious. Really, the infected side is something akin to a cooperative griefing engine, and it is hard not to love it. The entire infected side is basically tuned to abusing the other team for shits and giggles, and do this the game does allow. But maybe that's just me getting a kick out of pouncing on some poor sap's face from point blank right around a corner. Or dragging someone off and enjoying the smoker strangulation for a good 10 seconds before they even realize that they don't have a teammate anymore. Etc.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 08:42:42 PM by AndrewRogue »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: October 01, 2009, 10:58:47 PM »
Versus blows, but yeah I can see how some people could have fun with it. 

Trips and Eph are way to good at the game to play with them on Advanced.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: October 02, 2009, 01:51:47 AM »
MK - C4, Week 5. Is it just me, or do Carbon Boulders not exist? How do I get those?
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: October 02, 2009, 01:57:16 AM »
I'm about 90% sure they're one of the basics you get from mining. You're far enough in the game to have seen that, so hit up a dungeon with some mining and get to it.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: October 02, 2009, 02:58:44 AM »
Dragon's Path. Quit duplicating the same issues I had on my play. >_>

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: October 02, 2009, 03:07:55 AM »
Welp. Went through the entirety of the Mana Ruins (The only place I have access to that has mining) and got not a single Carbon Boulder. On the upside, I got a bunch of new recipes from the venturing, as well as dozens of items. So synthing things that don't use the Carbon Boulder will be much easier, at least.

Now to find out how to make cold soup!

EDIT: Turns out you can buy Carbon Boulders in the hidden shop in the Resource Center dungeon. Stocked up, so I'm good to synth!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:00:37 AM by Magetastic »
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: October 02, 2009, 05:02:52 AM »
And by, I'd rather play FF4, I meant I'll finish DQ4 up entirely.

Leveled up a little on Platinum Jewel Slimes.  Easiest slimes to level up on, and give the most EXP?  Yess.  Final Party for Aamon ended up being Psaro/Kiryl/Sofia/Alena.  I fed enough seeds to Kiryl to have his strength be somewhat worthwhile, and I leveled up enough to get Psaro Oomph, so Aamon fell pretty handily.  Breath attacks could have been scary had I not been overlevelled, and reached the point where I had 12 Omniheals before running out of MP.  Yeaaah.

Then I beat up on Eggfucker and Cuntmine for pissing me off the first time I tried to fight them.  Got the secret immigrant, and am done with the game.

Really should have not dropped the ball on the whole getting to use Psaro thing.  By the time youj get him, you can only fight Aamon or get Psaro's gear and fight Aamon. Seriously, even the GBA remake of DQ3 added two aftergame dungeons, so I don't see why they couldn't have at least had a dungeon leading up to Aamon.

As a game, it is DQ4 and I am unable to be rational and not like it despite it underwhelming me.  As a remake, it failed horribly and it really showed that the original PSX remake had been made before Level 5 took the franchise over and made it less shitty.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: October 02, 2009, 06:21:43 AM »
Three games in the jumper right now.

First is MK2.  Finished Chapters 2/3.  Game definately feels more like it's hitting its stride now.  CQs are, well, CQs, and Enna joins the cast as someone who is borderline sane.  This is good as the insanity needs anchoring like that in order to be any good.  What is less good is the way the sixth slot seems to be getting wasted.  Unlike the veggies, mining actually works as a "You get more, and the game isn't so bad", since it's basically memorize seven buttons and have to press them in a decent amount of time and in the right order.  And since doing it right usually gets you about 21 minerals, it's nice.  About 5 times as efficient on average as the second most plentiful gather spot.  And since I just got access to the Carbon Boulders, it's all good.

I'm also liking the Bazaar.  It's a neat way to help deal with resource issues by letting you sneak some of your harder to make intermediary items into other stores so that you can trade cash for rare ingredients.  Granted, less of an issue since one of my harder to get items has been Carbon Boulders, and I can now beat up Blue Monsters for 'em, or just mine for 'em.  But it's not like this'll be my only need for this trick.

Anyways, just finished the Ch4 Synth fest, and about to head out for the Finishing Burst class.

Other games

WA:XF
Pinged off a few more levels in this.  Mostly just 2-4 to 2-6.  2-4 has been the toughest one so far, by a lot.  However, my winning strategy focused a lot on Enigmancer, Elementalist, Fantastica, Sacred Slayer, and Geomancer OCs.  Elementalist and Geomancer were important early on, as they really help with battle control.  Elementalist for the ability to fine tune your damage, and Geomancers for their ability to jump to the other side of the fight and then shut down the melee Sentinels who are the big threat here.  And then in the second half, it's time for Turn Shift and Rush to boost the Enigmancers and their Mass Devastation.

2-5 I won on my first go, but I really shouldn't have.  forgot to stock up on items, so I had no revival, and let myself get pincered by the enemies.  I managed to hold it together though, after burning through all of the items and MP I had, I was left with a single SS Clarissa, with an Elder Record and no MP but some VP, facing off against an enemy Geomancer loaded with MP, but no VP.  It was as pathetic a gimp fight as I have ever seen in this game.  But I book thwaped him with faith!  And I did it!  This is the way indeed.

As for 2-6.  I just loaded up on weakness hitting stuff and debuffs, and went to town.  Fun yo!

Finally, some more Dissidia.  Mostly just a comment on finding Cloud of Darkness pretty dang fun to play as.  Also, that Fusilade Beam Cannon is what Blaze wishes it could be.  Really, it just outclasses that poor move in every way, and it isn't CoD's only aerial starting option.  Golbez, not sure I like the way he's limited in aerial Brave attacks, except that the almost useless ones chain, which does a lot to help them, even if I can't chain them properly yet.  And Exdeath...  is both very boring, and very much not my style of playing.  I know that eventually I will level him to 30, if only so I can get his Chaos report, but I think he'll be the last one.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: October 02, 2009, 06:48:29 AM »
Generally valid assessments about MK2 and some stuff about the bazaar

Just be careful to not Bazaar on non-Summer/Winter break free time if you want to see all CQs and get their respective titles. You don't get leeway for the fifth CQ at all, and you sacrifice character quest time for the bazaar. It's neat to use when you can, though, and it becomes inherently abusable in the aftergame.

EDIT: Also, the minigames become even more forgiving when you get some tool upgrades for them. And the most time-consuming of them is also the one you can stop doing forever by like C5 after picking up King and Queen Tunas.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:07:13 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4935 on: October 02, 2009, 06:53:21 AM »
Not too much of an issue right now, really.  So far I'm only touching the Bazaar when I've run out of other things to do with my free time.  And I suspect I won't be having too much of it as I'm not being super diligent on getting all the As.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: October 02, 2009, 07:11:51 AM »
Yeah, you won't get much of that, since the leeway for doing extra CQs if you sorta fail it up on grades is on Summer/Winter breaks. Still, it's nice to have that in mind if you want to get all the CQs.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: October 02, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »
SaGa2 Hihou Densetsu - Goddess of Destiny

BOSS FORM MR.S (is completely optional but still an awesome fight)

only thing worth reporting this time in my New Game+ run
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: October 02, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »
MK2 - Still just unlocked Extra scenario. But felt like ranting about Ulrika route. So.

Well, the dynamics are about as insane, but less cohesive than in Raze's path. Mostly because there's a lot more wanton hostility, and the sanity anchors in this cast are a lot frailer. Enna can't anchor the cast nearly as well as Raze for sanity, and the main character actually being unbalanced shifts this further. However, sometimes it really does feel like a comedy right out of Rumiko Takahashi's deranged dreams. Anyhow, first character ranting, then battle ranting.

Ulrika - I like Ulrika. Remember how I emphasized the fact Ulrika is retarded and needs a shovel to the face at times? Yeah, that's pretty accurate throughout! Only thing is that she often -does- get the shovels to the face, if mostly metaphorically speaking. Ulrika is very much not your typical female main. Cocky, not terribly intelligent and very rash, she's like what Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino would be if she had absolutely no special pretty princess treatment and was dropped into a teaching asylum - and not being treated as zomg special just because she's the main makes a huge difference. The game goes to really great lengths to not glorify Ulrika in any way, and actually make her get what she deserves by being stupid, which leads to decent entertainment, especially when it comes to Chloe. Particularly, the mockery when people actually try to play up the pure virgin maiden tropes and apply them for plotz0rz purposes is very entertaining when it happens. She does care about the people she hangs around with to a decent degree, though, as some of the CQs show (particularly Enna and Chloe. Chloe CQ5 was just sorta endearing because it emphasizes that they are fond of each other even in their very twisted dynamics pretty well). For such a simple-minded and unintelligent redneck, Ulrika actually ends up performing nicely. It's kinda refreshing to see a main character that isn't omg gush gush so perfect and awsum, especially to a degree like that. She still needs to get a shovel to the face, though.

Chloe - Chloe is like your everyday 15-year-old girl! She just wants to have fun! There's only one little problem with that: her concept of fun heavily involves other people suffering in the most farfetched ways possible, and she's a witch who specializes in curs- I mean, incantations to make sure the madness keeps going strong. Chloe is -pure evil-, and her vain attempts at trying to downplay how horrifyingly sadistic she can get are as pointless as they are emphatic. It's sorta jarring to see that tiny nerd merrily humming about blood curses and horrific pain rituals like she was sorting through her clothes to go to a party on Friday, and the party reacts accordingly without fail. One exchange really sums up what Chloe is about.

<Ulrika> ... yeah, you're pure filth.
<Chloe> I know it's true, but you don't have to say it so bluntly.   

She really interacts best with Ulrika, though, and I like how they're still friends even though Chloe constantly puts Ulrika in dire straits (but then, Chloe also gets dragged into Ulrika's bouts of not doing that thinking thing. It's sorta even). She goes get away with murder far more often than I'd like, but given how she is feared and avoided instead of being gushed over by the world surrounding her, it sorta works out. The game does acknowledge her pure evil - when you scare the shit out of a demon that possesses you, you know you're doing something right.

Enna - He's the straight man of the party. He's far weaker at it than Raze, since he's just a shy, nerdy kid who suffered for years under Et's criminal stupidity and strength combo (Et really likes her brother, but her love is about as healthy as Elmyra's), and he lacks Raze's brutal bluntness. Sorta whiny, sorta dull, but he actually functions as the much needed middle ground in Ulrika's group, which is so criminally insane that you have to wonder how low Al-Revis' standards have fallen. His CQs are cool, since they have some neat overlap with Et's and the ones that don't have FLAY SCREENTIME AS A SUPERVILLAIN. Flay's performance in Enna's CQ5 alone makes everything worthwhile. Not really bad.

Pepperoni - But then, we get to the embarrassing parts. Pepperoni is... um. A really huge fairy who is incredibly incompetent but tries his hardest to be cute and useful. It doesn't pan out too well, and he's borderline reviled by his workshop mates due to sheer incompetence. But they keep him around because they need the headcount and hey, he does hit things really hard. He's also insanely hammy and somewhat emotional. Okay, so that would just be somewhat weird and typical Gust insanity, right? Yes. But he has one thing named Goto factor. He's best friends with Goto, and the interactions between them are downright embarrassing and way over the top. It's like a mix of awkward ho-yay with FRIENDLY RIVALS with terminal brain damage (and Pepperoni sorta suffers from terminal brain damage as is by himself). It ends up undigestable and annoying, and it hurts Pepperoni's already limited entertainment factor a lot. Goto and Pepperoni more or less kill each other, and they were on the running for worst characters in a vacuum to begin with. The only salvageable thing about Pepperoni is how much suffering Ulrika puts him through - quite deservingly at that. She really did the right thing in learning to ignore Pepperoni's and Goto's existence stat.

Goto - Ah, yes, the fabled Goto, known for the tales of WHAT THE HELL FURRY. Well. The concept is very :psyduck: (mysterious manthing in an animal suit that somehow gives just about everything a hard-on for no reason). The game is quick to catch on to how amazingly terrible that is, though, and his workshop members (well, the girls, mainly. Enna mostly tries to forget the existence of everybody in fear of being killed) constantly harp on him for being creepily smooth like a Casanova, how there is no logical reason for people to be attracted to him, how utterly frightening he is and how slowly they will torture him to his death if he keeps hitting on them. Oh, and he's actually a criminal on the run, and sorta twisted. That could be forgivable enough, although he's still really creepy when he hits on girls. However, the aforementioned Pepperoni dynamic and the egregious horror that is Goto CQ4 just edge him irrevocably towards the "crossed the line thrice" dead baby territory. I still blame Chloe for that CQ4 (oh dear god), but for crying out loud, did you really need to do -that-? And why was Marta sobbing instead of washing her body with acid? Just... no. Goto was horribly botched in general, and whoever thought the approach to him was a good idea needs a punch in the face. The concept itself was already pushing it. No amount of suffering can really make it okay.

Gameplay-wise, the promise from the two playthrough dealie delivered pretty nicely, in general. Ulrika's party plays -very- differently from Raze's, and there are distinct emphases on how to deal with things and how the party works together. Balance is a bit less tight, though, since Goto really sucks (all the other PCs are quite fine, though). I'll elaborate on party niches on another post probably tomorrow, because I don't want this post getting gargantuan and I'm tired anyhow.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:45:40 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: October 02, 2009, 02:46:23 PM »
SO3: asdgdsghsfdh. This game is either stupidly easy but reliant on grinding for levels/money, or they intended it to be pretty hard. It seems like it'd be easy if I wasn't playing my usual style of "Only fight if absolutely necessary," but at the moment, I'm wasting all my moneys on Fresh Sage, and then -still- getting owned.
Also, having enemies that deal good MP damage when my party is just Cliff and Fayt is EVIL.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: October 02, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »
FF7 - Disc one finish. Nothing difficult so far, though having Aeris' theme continue through the Jenova battle was a nice touch.

Went to Wutai. The 'get materia back' thing wasn't so bad since I had plenty of items and money, and it made Cloud's Nail Bat stand out even more. Rapp was kind of... well, I threw a T/S Bomb at it for 50% gravity damage, then Cid used the Boost Jump he'd stored up from a previous battle, then Cloud hit it. Game over, Don.

Then I challenged the Pagoda, which was a bit of a challenge. Well, Gorky was a pain in the ass, since he had some speed and damage and I had Landscaper as Yuffie's only Limit Break. Was worried after I beat him, but the next three were easy - just hit and heal, and had Barrier up against the magic user. Godo was a different story - I only had regular Demi, so it stopped being useful after a few hits. He could heal almost as much damage as Landscaper dealt, and I was wondering if I was gonna have to stall him out of his 1000 MP somehow. Then I decided to screw conservation and spammed Aqua Lung at him for an easy kill. All Creation and Leviathan gotten, now it's snowy times.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Taishyr

« Reply #4941 on: October 02, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
EO2: GOLEM

GOLEM

RANK EO2 GOLE-ACTUALLY DON'T, HE HAS AN ARGUMENT FOR BEING LOW BLUELIKE

shit, do -not- give MT OHKO, ST overkill (...seriously, 2x PCHP damage on average?), RERAISE TO 50% HP, BUFFS, and OVERKILL COUNTERS to bosses. Please. Think of the poor toros.

(This being said, he's aftergame. Thankfully.)

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: October 03, 2009, 02:46:34 AM »
SO3: asdgdsghsfdh. This game is either stupidly easy but reliant on grinding for levels/money, or they intended it to be pretty hard. It seems like it'd be easy if I wasn't playing my usual style of "Only fight if absolutely necessary," but at the moment, I'm wasting all my moneys on Fresh Sage, and then -still- getting owned.
Also, having enemies that deal good MP damage when my party is just Cliff and Fayt is EVIL.

Just don't run so much. SO3 doesn't require grinding, per se--fighting the bulk of the randoms first time through each dungeon should be enough to keep you up to scratch.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: October 03, 2009, 03:04:59 AM »
I... don't remember having any trouble whatsoever with Golem.  Barely even remember the fight actually, so can't have been remarkable.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: October 03, 2009, 03:08:04 AM »
Quake online- Having a lot of fun with this. Won my first FFA tonight (yay), on the chemical zone. Favorite weapon is the shotgun (Used to it from L4D) and the rocket launcher. More people here need to try it.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: October 03, 2009, 03:10:30 AM »
King of Fighters '98 - Xer hooked me up with this the other day. Very fun. Kyo/King/Yuri is my usual team so far. Still haven't managed to beat Rugal, but it's an SNK game, I don't expect to ever beat the boss.

Rune Factory Frontier - So my local game crazy(you know, the one I hang out at every single weekday because my freinds work there?) is getting closed. As is every other game crazy in the bay area. So I had some store credit thanks to a couple of preorders that needed spending. Picked this game up, and am so far having lots of fun. Feels like a huge improvement over RF2 which was a huge improvement over RF1. And I loved RF1.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Taishyr

« Reply #4946 on: October 03, 2009, 03:10:44 AM »
Captain K: My team is admittedly not well-equipped at all to deal with a fight that nerfs physical offense, and Golem's defenses seemed pretty damn impressive. That and he liked spamming the MT OHKO, which even with Protector, I couldn't really avert.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: October 03, 2009, 03:19:20 AM »
King of Fighters '98 - Xer hooked me up with this the other day. Very fun. Kyo/King/Yuri is my usual team so far. Still haven't managed to beat Rugal, but it's an SNK game, I don't expect to ever beat the boss.

We should netplay one of these days. I'm far worse at KoF than I am at Melty, which may or may not be a good thing, but it'd be fun either way.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: October 03, 2009, 03:53:25 AM »
Got menu patched SRW Alpha. 3 chapters down - I'm leveling my pseudo-Kusuha super-robot main character up like nuts because my first seishin is double experience >_>

Gespenst Type-2 is oddly good at evasion early on. Of course it also lacks the ability of whatever your newest Mazinger is to mock the concept of 'taking damage' and it lacks Getter's damage, but enough morale turns up the barrier which helps immensely with tanking.

Honestly though, I'm looking forward to Eva and Gunbuster more than anything, though I shall enjoy Gundam Wing units as well.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: October 03, 2009, 03:56:24 AM »
Grungust will stay reasonably good at evading, oddly. Its main problem is flying enemies becoming more and more common combined with a system that makes those B ranks matter a good deal.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.