Author Topic: Politics 09: Fire Reid and Steele.  (Read 74548 times)

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
Re: Politics 09: Fire Reid and Steele.
« Reply #575 on: October 03, 2009, 01:05:12 AM »
On the other hand, Alan Grayson is an idiot and a symptom of everything that is wrong with the health care debate. E: There has to be a fine line between Reid's usual worthlessness and Pelosi defending the inanity and spite behind Grayson's holocost statement.

I'll agree that he's (needlessly? hard for me to judge, I get pretty worked up by these things) inflammatory, but is what he's saying so ludicrous?

If A: America's hodgepodge insurance policy leads to preventable deaths. I can't speak to Grayson's figures, but I don't find them at all unbelievable. The un- and underinsured (and those who are insured but lose their coverage when they get sick due to "pre-existing conditions") die from curable or curable if detected diseases. It happens.

And B: The Republican party has shown repeatedly, both historically and through the current debate, that it is flatly against effective health-care reform. See: Grassley on how he won't vote for even a bill that he agrees with. If and when whatever health-care bill gets pulled forward passes, it will do so with minimal Republican support. There is no Republican alternative health-care bill. Nor was there in 1994.

Then what?

A metaphor a Salon commenter used: if I have the ability to pull you out of a burning building and I don't, am I culpable for your death? And is it really relevant whether or not I "want" you to die in such a situation?

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 03, 2009, 02:06:34 AM »
I'll agree that he's (needlessly? hard for me to judge, I get pretty worked up by these things) inflammatory, but is what he's saying so ludicrous?

Yes, yes it is. Implying that people who disagree with the health care bill are genocidal is insulting in every sense of the word. This health care bill is generating serious oppostion because it is not a well designed bill, both in terms of realistic impact on funding and how it handles the massive task of reforming health care. Republicans fail on many levels for not designing effective alternatives to the bill, but this doesn't make them killers and implying that people who are against it in the senate are that is the political debate being reduced to it's absolute lowest.

The hypocrisy of this is staggering considering the outcry over the death panel comments Palin/etc al made. Stupid/offensive is stupid/offensive regardless of politics.

Edit: This is stupid politically as well. Alan Grayson doesn't really need the money he's gotten from donations since he's wealthy! On the other hand he's from a right leaning district. I'm sure that'll play well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:15:09 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 03, 2009, 02:23:21 AM »
A metaphor a Salon commenter used: if I have the ability to pull you out of a burning building and I don't, am I culpable for your death?

Well, no, not in general.  Could be different if you're a fireman, though.

The question, of course, is, what good are public servants who refuse to, k'now, serve the public?

EDIT: speaking of useless, I coulda sworn last time I checked, which was admittedly during the Bush administration, we were supposed to root for our country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/02/conservatives-revel-in-ob_n_307794.html
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 04:54:26 AM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 03, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
Republicans fail on many levels for not designing effective alternatives to the bill, but this doesn't make them killers

If someone who had the power to actively refused to save someone's life, you would call them a killer.

The Republicans are, here, actively refusing to reform a system that kills more people than it saves (Well, actually, so are the Democrats.  So it fuckin' goes.)  How does that not make them (both parties, now) culpable for the deaths that they could have prevented if they actually tried participating in the Healthcare debate instead of sticking their heels in and doing absolutely nothing except playing political games?

Look, the only reason you're so against this Grayson character is that he's on the other side.  Are his holocaust comments irresponsible, horrible, and symptomatic of a broken system of governance?  Yes.  Do you bitch and whine about slights (offhand or otherwise) made against the other side ("YOU LIE!")?  Well, if you've been doing it, point me to it and I'll eat my words.

I don't think most of us aren't guilty of this sort of bias to one degree or another, but fucking seriously now.  Calling this Grayson character an idiot while ignoring the far greater irresponsibility and stupidity from the congressmen who are acting to prevent reform?  Fucking.  Please.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:30:36 AM by Makkotah »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 03, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
If someone who had the power to actively refused to save someone's life, you would call them a killer.

The Republicans are, here, actively refusing to reform a system that kills more people than it saves (Well, actually, so are the Democrats.  So it fuckin' goes.)  How does that not make them (both parties, now) culpable for the deaths that they could have prevented if they actually tried participating in the Healthcare debate instead of sticking their heels in and doing absolutely nothing except playing political games?

Defining if someone is a killer or not by their willingness to support a flawed bill is insulting. If the reform makes things worse (And it has the potential to do so), does that make the democrats killers for supporting it? Of course not. The bill's effects don't kick in until the start of 2013, does that make Obama/congress killers for not being willing to enact it in say 2012? Of course not.

There is plenty to oppose in this bill, and even if you don't agree it isn't unreasonable to believe that government shouldn't provide health care for any number of reasons.

Look, the only reason you're so against this Grayson character is that he's on the other side.  Are his holocaust comments irresponsible, horrible, and symptomatic of a broken system of governance?  Yes.  Do you bitch and whine about slights (offhand or otherwise) made against the other side ("YOU LIE!")?  Well, if you've been doing it, point me to it and I'll eat my words.

I'm against it because he is accusing a very large minority of congress as perpetuating genocide. If you seriously believe this is an acceptable way for a congressman to speak, I don't know what to tell you. Hint: The death panel stuff was and is stupid and I've never said otherwise. That type of namecalling isn't a reasonable attempt at politics, it's a petty attack aimed at getting media attention, which it's done. Whatever right things he said after that is tainted by his tragic case of foot to mouth.

I don't think most of us aren't guilty of this sort of bias to one degree or another, but fucking seriously now.  Calling this Grayson character an idiot while ignoring the far greater irresponsibility and stupidity from the congressmen who are acting to prevent reform?  Fucking.  Please.

This isn't a 'fund insurance ^_^ lolipops and happiness' bill, it is an incredibly complex attempt to reform a massive part of the United States's GDP. Brushing off any opposition to it as being heartless killers is the lowest form of political debate and poisons any attempt at debating it rationally.  If you seriously think calling someone an idiot for accusing a large part of congress as being mass killers, I don't know what to say. That's a bit past the point of reason and entering the magical land of tinfoil hats and chewing on carpets.

Stupid is stupid regardless of which side of the debate it's on. Palin's death panel comments are in the same vein and they were rightly trashed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:58:55 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 03, 2009, 10:17:35 PM »
Full disclosure:  I was piss drunk last night and a little angry so that post was mostly displaced rage.  I apologize for the tone of it.

And actually don't have anything to respond to, except to reiterate that there is a difference between the death panel nonsense, and incredibly poor choices said in a moment of passion (both "You Lie!" and Grayson's dumbass comments).  I'll forgive outbursts like that because they probably weren't thought through at all (and honestly only make a big deal out of Wilson's remarks because he is on the "other side."  Hypocrisy!), though you are right that it's poor politics.  Still, they're frankly far less offensive than the death panel debacle, which was thinly veiled propaganda at its most mediocre. 

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 03, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »
Greyson has apologized to the ADL for using the term 'holocaust' but he stands by everything else he's said (and he's said a lot).

This culpability for death thing is a tricky issue.  Is there a difference between actively causing someone's death and passively allowing someone you could save to die?  It's messy, but we shouldn't dismiss the idea out of hand.

I don't think many people would accuse folks who don't donate large sums of money to food charities of being murderers, but if you withhold your money and a kid in Africa starves to death who would have lived, the math turns out the same.  On the other hand, if someone is actively begging for your help, which you could give easily and with no determent for yourself, and you refuse and they die as a result, I think you would be near-universally condemned as a killer.

Judge Learned Hand (great name, huh?), in a case that apparently every first-year Torts class studies, proposed an algebraic rule to determine when a defendant in a negligence case was liable:

B is the burden the defendant incurs by acting.
P is the probability of harm.
L is the severity of harm.

Liability exists where B < PL

Obviously, none of those variables can be easily quantified (and if you take probability as a percentage, it doesn't work) but the idea, preserving the ability to look out for number one when there would be a great burden one oneself but condemning those who could have easily prevented harm to others, is a sound one.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 04, 2009, 03:04:27 PM »
I don't think many people would accuse folks who don't donate large sums of money to food charities of being murderers, but if you withhold your money and a kid in Africa starves to death who would have lived, the math turns out the same.  On the other hand, if someone is actively begging for your help, which you could give easily and with no determent for yourself, and you refuse and they die as a result, I think you would be near-universally condemned as a killer.

If someone chose to run for and was elected for the position of donating large sums of money to people that needed it and then did fucking nothing while homeless people were unable to afford to pay 80% of their wages on substandard living venues then they would be in a whole lot of shit, generally considered a con artist and probably be in for a little bit of prison rape.

People elected to govern that fail to govern at all are horrible at their jobs.  People that do so and continue to be re-elected on the platform that doing nothing is for the best, what the country wants and is all about are nothing but grifters at best.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #583 on: October 04, 2009, 04:38:02 PM »
This isn't a 'fund insurance ^_^ lolipops and happiness' bill, it is an incredibly complex attempt to reform a massive part of the United States's GDP. Brushing off any opposition to it as being heartless killers is the lowest form of political debate and poisons any attempt at debating it rationally.  If you seriously think calling someone an idiot for accusing a large part of congress as being mass killers, I don't know what to say. That's a bit past the point of reason and entering the magical land of tinfoil hats and chewing on carpets.

I would buy this point more if I saw the Republican party engaged in any sort of good faith negotiation around health care. If they had alternate policy positions, or any sort plausible plan of their own, then there would be healthy debate in the states around how to best fix a broken broken system. That would be fine. Health care is complicated, yes.

(though note that there are literally dozens of models of systems that work better than the American one, so it shouldn't be that hard to come up with something)

But this is not the situation. What we actually have is a Republican party utterly opposed to all specific potential reforms in a system that literally kills people, and for unabashedly political reasons. This is extremely pernicious. So if Grayson's rhetoric is overblown (no, Republicans do not literally want to kill the uninsured, these deaths are merely an immediate, visible consequence of their obstructionism), his essential point is, I think, both fair and an important one to make.

As far as culpability goes, I mean, it's not just that Republicans are failing to solve a problem, it's that they are actively attempting to prevent a solution. They don't need to help, they just need to get out of the way. That makes it pretty bad, in my books. Not murder, no, but bad.

And no, it's in no way comparable to death panels. Death panels is a piece of pure fantasy designed to scare vulnerable segments of the American public (the elderly and uneducated) into opposing health care reform. Grayson is employing clear hyperbole to draw attention to an important, and under-emphasized, factor of the debate. If what he's saying scares the public into supporting health care, they will have been scared by something that is both real and genuinely frightening (to wit, tens of thousands of preventable deaths per year due to a bad insurance system). If both are cheap, deceptive, trashy, unfair, whatever adjective you want to apply, one has at its base truth, and the other falsehood.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 04, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
I would buy this point more if I saw the Republican party engaged in any sort of good faith negotiation around health care. If they had alternate policy positions, or any sort plausible plan of their own, then there would be healthy debate in the states around how to best fix a broken broken system. That would be fine. Health care is complicated, yes.

(though note that there are literally dozens of models of systems that work better than the American one, so it shouldn't be that hard to come up with something)

But this is not the situation. What we actually have is a Republican party utterly opposed to all specific potential reforms in a system that literally kills people, and for unabashedly political reasons. This is extremely pernicious. So if Grayson's rhetoric is overblown (no, Republicans do not literally want to kill the uninsured, these deaths are merely an immediate, visible consequence of their obstructionism), his essential point is, I think, both fair and an important one to make.

As far as culpability goes, I mean, it's not just that Republicans are failing to solve a problem, it's that they are actively attempting to prevent a solution. They don't need to help, they just need to get out of the way. That makes it pretty bad, in my books. Not murder, no, but bad.

Do you seriously think the republican party should just roll over and play dead with a bill that has a price tag  of over a trillion dollars? That is insane, especially when the US has lost a staggering amount of government income and there has been zero talk of actually cutting and fixing this to the budget.  You are out of your fucking mind if you think that kind of spending should get a free pass unless it is related to emergency national defense measures. 

The republicans fail for not being able to work up a viable alternative, but that doesn't make this bill that's being put forth any better. They could and should oppose it on it's own merits.

And no, it's in no way comparable to death panels. Death panels is a piece of pure fantasy designed to scare vulnerable segments of the American public (the elderly and uneducated) into opposing health care reform.

It is rherotical nonsense that enflames the debate and paints the other side as monsters. No amount of dancing around the issue changes that. It was wrong when Palin did it, and it is wrong when Grayson did it.

Grayson is employing clear hyperbole to draw attention to an important, and under-emphasized, factor of the debate. If what he's saying scares the public into supporting health care, they will have been scared by something that is both real and genuinely frightening (to wit, tens of thousands of preventable deaths per year due to a bad insurance system). If both are cheap, deceptive, trashy, unfair, whatever adjective you want to apply, one has at its base truth, and the other falsehood.

DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN

SAVE THE TENS OF THOUSANDS WHO DIE EVERY YEAR

YOU AREN'T A PATRIOT IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT THIS

It is the same bullshit. By making arguments in vague terms like that, you make it impossible for the other side to have reasonable responses. There is no condoning tactics like that.

I have seen next to no talk about what to actually fix in the health care system (Namely, the way insurances work.) Medicare is just as ruthless as private insurance companies about using price controls and stiffing hospitals. Switching the burden over to the government will give more people coverage, but it won't fix the biggest problems in terms of how we bill medical procedures.
-------------------

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #585 on: October 04, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »
Do you seriously think the republican party should just roll over and play dead with a bill that has a price tag  of over a trillion dollars? That is insane, especially when the US has lost a staggering amount of government income and there has been zero talk of actually cutting and fixing this to the budget.  You are out of your fucking mind if you think that kind of spending should get a free pass unless it is related to emergency national defense measures.

Free pass? Play dead? All I said was that I expect the Republican party, in opposing Democratic attempts at health care reform, to have an alternate platform, some set of policy proposals of their own. They don't. They have nothing. They don't even have the grace to say that they like things the way they are; the GOP is theoretically for health care reform (see: Frank Luntz's memo on health care), but opposed to almost all specific policies, including those that would serve to keep costs low (or possibly especially those, since they tend to cut into pharmaceutical and insurer profit margins, insert rant about institutionalized bribery here).

The republicans fail for not being able to work up a viable alternative, but that doesn't make this bill that's being put forth any better. They could and should oppose it on it's own merits.

You're getting to the meat of what Grayson is saying, in his own way (and again, I don't particularly approve of his rhetoric, I just think he's getting a rough deal in the moral equivalence department re: death panels): Given how ludicrously awful the current state of health care is in the states, it's pretty morally reprehensible to be against any and all reform without having alternative fixes of your own.

It is rherotical nonsense that enflames the debate and paints the other side as monsters. No amount of dancing around the issue changes that. It was wrong when Palin did it, and it is wrong when Grayson did it.

Dancing around the issues?

Health care reform will result in government-enforced euthanasia: false.
Republican obstruction hinders the reform of a system which causes thousands of preventable deaths: true.

Degree of histrionics: roughly equal, sure. But it doesn't change that one is a lie (and a deliberate one, not a misapprehension), and the other is not.

DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN

It is the same bullshit. By making arguments in vague terms like that, you make it impossible for the other side to have reasonable responses. There is no condoning tactics like that.

Poppycock. There's a perfectly reasonable response for Republicans, or there would be if they weren't actually guilty of what they're being accused of. If the GOP had done anything, ever, to even attempt to forestall these deaths, they would be able to address what would be ludicrous accusations, factually. But they haven't, so they bitch and complain and smear instead, or pick nits rather than address the greater argument. And because North American news media lives to draw parallels in non-parallel structures, Grayson gets lumped with Palin (and Grassley, don't forget) as a liar. He's not, he's a demagogue.

(American political theory digression! Congressmen are designed as populists, they represent small districts, have short terms, and are expected to be in close contact with their constituents. Senators, meanwhile, with a bit more insulation from the public and longer terms, are intended as technocrats, more electorally able to look at the big picture and make long-term policy decisions, though they still represent regions. The President is isolated from local issues and expected to have a wider viewpoint still, but needs to maintain nationwide support, be it from state legislators or, presently, the public. Legislation needs large and diverse coalitions to be enacted!

Grayson may be bucking the system by going rogue rather than acting as a strict funnel for his constituents views, however, as he comes from a fairly conservative district. On the other hand, he's never made any bones about who and what he is and was thus not elected under false pretenses: the point of republican rather than popular democracy is that you elect people you trust to make decisions that may or may not be beyond your specific expertise (and thus to take stances you may not immediately agree with on the basis of their superior expertise and your trust in the same). What the framers really didn't anticipate is the money game; Grayson's re-election will be less influenced by the unadulterated views of voters in his district about his behaviour than by the extent to which his national profile brings in money for and against him; national opinion should be the President's concern, not his.)

I have seen next to no talk about what to actually fix in the health care system (Namely, the way insurances work.) Medicare is just as ruthless as private insurance companies about using price controls and stiffing hospitals. Switching the burden over to the government will give more people coverage, but it won't fix the biggest problems in terms of how we bill medical procedures.

I'm not totally clear on what you're getting at here, but my sense is that it's different issues. Grayson is talking about the moral obligation of reforming a broken system by highlighting its cost in lives. Giving more people coverage is one of several goals of reform. Controlling costs is another, protecting health care providers from health care insurers (and patients from health care insurers, of course) yet another, as is promoting/protecting independent research etc. etc. All are important, but they are distinct and even sometimes conflicting. Stressing one does not negate the validity of the others, and one valid area of policy difference is indeed how to balance these considerations.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 04, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »
DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN

Hey at least this one is for health care instead of dropping bombs on people.  I will tell you this, it is looking a lot better in the international community than the last one.

Edit - Oh yeah I have been mostly doing the one liner joke side show here, this stuff is not meant to be taken literally or as the whole of my thoughts on the issue.  It is just ze jokes yes yes.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 04, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »
Hey at least this one is for health care instead of dropping bombs on people.  I will tell you this, it is looking a lot better in the international community than the last one.

This.

To contribute a little more than a golem one-liner, any policy is better than none at all when attempting to fix something broken, because it gets shit happening. So yeah, the pedestal from which the Republicans are currently trying to whine from does not impress me at all.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 04, 2009, 11:14:05 PM »
That was a golem one-liner?  Fuck yes.  I am all about the Geodude series.  Or maybe it is the GEOPOLITICALDUDE series.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 05, 2009, 02:22:49 AM »
That... that one hurt a little. 

In my brain.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 05, 2009, 02:49:52 AM »
It was meant to.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 07, 2009, 01:54:57 AM »
http://www.gallup.com/poll/123470/Opposition-Healthcare-Legislation-Drops-Modestly.aspx

Looks like people are slightly warming up to some form of healthcare legislation. Don't ask me how that reflects on the popularity of a public option or whatever the administration is currently proposing.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 08, 2009, 11:27:28 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/08/bachmann-warns-once-again_n_314490.html

Sex Clinics.  I'd like to believe these won't be the new death panels, but the fact that there are old death panels...yeah.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 09, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »
Why hasn't Bachmann been institutionalized yet? Seriously, is there anyone in congress more insane than her?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 09, 2009, 12:24:38 AM »
The way you guys put it, you make it sound like the US Congress is a Gust game.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 09, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »
Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize ... out of nowhere.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_nobel_peace
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 09, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
The way you guys put it, you make it sound like the US Congress is a Gust game.

Gust games usually have more dignity. GO AWAY BACHMANN

Obama getting the peace price is eyeroll worthy. There have been two sitting presidents who got it (TR and Wilson), and Obama has done next to nothing to earn it yet.   E: Though if it isn't clear, the eyerolling is reserved for the committee and not the president.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2009/10/a_reversal_in_teen_pregnancies.cfm

Good work, Texas.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:26:35 PM by superaielman »
-------------------

Dunefar

• Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 09, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »
Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize ... out of nowhere.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_nobel_peace

That's like the political version of a deus ex machina ending the play. Seriously, what?
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 09, 2009, 06:41:31 PM »
I don't even dislike Obama and I think that's dumb. :/

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 09, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »
I do recommend you look up what the Nobel Peace Prize is -for- before you go rolling your eyes too much. I agree, it is a little odd, but it's not as far out as everyone is making it out to be. Do a little research, eh?

Out of curiosity, who would you have put up for it instead?
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots