Author Topic: MMOs  (Read 9806 times)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: MMOs
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 08:26:31 AM »
Locks and Mages both perform pretty well currently (I play Lock and am best DPS in my guild roughly speaking, varies from fight to fight of course, says something for other players maybe, but more on our raid makeup that it is stacked for me better than melee).  PVP Mages are good at burst and locks are just fucked, but it is PVP, my caring is non-existent.

Back in the day as in like back in the day half way through BWL?  So you are talking Molten Core and it taking skill?  Molten Core is tank and spank.  There isn't a single fight in there that is anything but tank and spank.  Tank and spank takes approximately 0 skill whatsoever to play.  It takes time sinks, pointless grind and getting 40 people that can get out of the incredibly obvious fire (or to run out of the raid on Geddon).  The hardest thing you have in MC for a specific class is probably Mages on Domo, they have to chain sheep some adds.  The hard part about MC was people management.  This is a horrible game.  You spend your time doing pointless grind forever just to get anything and it takes a damned long time to do it.  Sure it took talent, but it didn't take any at actually playing the freaking game.  Edit - This aside, some of the later fights in AQ40 and Nefarian are still very cool fights.  Start of BWL is boring as fuck outside of maybe Vael.  Naxx was a crazy stupid masterpiece but something not safe for consumption.

Compare that to now and yes, you gear up pretty quick.  You know what that means? You are playing the game because you like the game instead of playing it because you have to or to get the loot.  It makes the game actually FUN the times you are playing it and means it doesn't have to be a second job or marriage where it is the only thing you can possibly do to succeed.  Blizzard finally made an actual MMO game here.

Also Macros have actually been nerfed for a very long time.  No longer can you have a single button that does any number of things based on situational checks when you press it.  There is no more single press healing that picks your spell for you like pre BC, there is no follow person, target that persons target, cast attack spell that is your ONLY attack spell anymore.  Not even Hunters have their Steady Shot/Kill Command spam macro happening anymore with SS nerfs so that they actually have to weave shots again.

Transparent gameplay and community sharing knowledge has only enriched the game, guild specific hidden strategies were stupid pointless epeen that getting thrown on the shit heap with great sites like Elitist Jerks is one of the best things to happen to an MMO.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:28:42 AM by Grefter »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 08:54:42 AM »
Chapin, I'd just like to know if you have the four Raid/Dungeon composite achievements. If you have those, then yes, you can bitch about things being too easy. Otherwise you are saying "The bare minimum is too low and I want people this game to be more like slamming your dick in to a drawer."

Stuff like Sartharion is probably the most brilliant shit they do in WoW: completing the minimum requirements is fairly easy, if you're willing to put in a little time. It's going above that that's actually hard, and you get extra rewards for it. We saw shades of this in ZA, and now it's back in full force.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:56:35 AM by Rob the Stampede »

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 10:13:56 AM »
Chapin, I'd just like to know if you have the four Raid/Dungeon composite achievements. If you have those, then yes, you can bitch about things being too easy. Otherwise you are saying "The bare minimum is too low and I want people this game to be more like slamming your dick in to a drawer."

Stuff like Sartharion is probably the most brilliant shit they do in WoW: completing the minimum requirements is fairly easy, if you're willing to put in a little time. It's going above that that's actually hard, and you get extra rewards for it. We saw shades of this in ZA, and now it's back in full force.

Don't even know what those are.  All I know is everything to kill is killed and everything to be looted it looted.  This took 4 weeks.  (Yes including Sara 3 drake.)  I didn't bother to look at achievements because all in all they're pretty pointless and I feel no satisfaction getting them.  If you do enjoy leveling your achievement points then yes, WoW has endless fun for you.  I really don't soooo I'm out of shit to do!

Edit: Meant to agree with the idea that Sarth is a genius fight.  They just should have added a 4th drake for true epicness.  Again, I'm all for something being too hard for idiots to accomplish.  Make Naxx PUGable, make Malygos a pushover, but make something that requires real talent to do.  Oh, and add more evil time limits to prevent the bad people with too much time from clearing shit quicker than the good people with jobs.  Vael in BWL was an example of this, but didn't they eventually take away the 1 hour time limit?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 10:42:00 AM by Chapin »

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »
Locks and Mages both perform pretty well currently (I play Lock and am best DPS in my guild roughly speaking, varies from fight to fight of course, says something for other players maybe, but more on our raid makeup that it is stacked for me better than melee).  PVP Mages are good at burst and locks are just fucked, but it is PVP, my caring is non-existent.

Varies by fight of course, but in general a good fury warrior rapes the shit out of everything in raids.  Of course, it helps that they get totems that buff the living shit out of them, while I get 91 mana over 5 seconds!

Back in the day as in like back in the day half way through BWL?  So you are talking Molten Core and it taking skill?  Molten Core is tank and spank.  There isn't a single fight in there that is anything but tank and spank.  Tank and spank takes approximately 0 skill whatsoever to play.  It takes time sinks, pointless grind and getting 40 people that can get out of the incredibly obvious fire (or to run out of the raid on Geddon).  The hardest thing you have in MC for a specific class is probably Mages on Domo, they have to chain sheep some adds.  The hard part about MC was people management.  This is a horrible game.  You spend your time doing pointless grind forever just to get anything and it takes a damned long time to do it.  Sure it took talent, but it didn't take any at actually playing the freaking game.  Edit - This aside, some of the later fights in AQ40 and Nefarian are still very cool fights.  Start of BWL is boring as fuck outside of maybe Vael.  Naxx was a crazy stupid masterpiece but something not safe for consumption.

Well, a lot of the fun of Molten Core was figuring out the fights.  We were hitting it before Youtube had videos for any and everything and before you could even find real strats on Alla/Thott/Forums/etc.  A lot of the fights were tank and spank with certain orders of killing adds, but if you recall, gear sucked back then.  You actually needed healing and tank rotations, well placed innervates etc.  You also didn't have programs that removed curse/magic for you.  You also didn't have programs that told you when bosses were going to do their evil moves.  You had to... you know, pay attention and react.  Also, you only got group buffs.  Setting up groups to maximize DPS actually mattered.  Once you cleared MC and Onyxia half a dozen times your gear was getting to the point that this wasn't needed, but then it got to be a challenge of clearing the place as fast as possible so that you could get everyone gear without going insane!

I logged onto friend's accounts and ran the rest of BWL and AQ40 when they were farmable.  Tough to have an opinion on those since everyone knew how to win the fights, I was just there for the scenary and story.  Never did Naxx, although I did hear it was evil.

I will admit, managing 40 people sucked.  I was our guilds GM and trying to get 40 people to not jackoff, autofollow, autoshoot, etc. was a pain.  Bringing raids down to 25 was the best thing WoW ever did.  (Also, that troll miniraid that came out that was 15 man was a hell of a lot more fun than anything else.  A shame it was too easy.)

Compare that to now and yes, you gear up pretty quick.  You know what that means? You are playing the game because you like the game instead of playing it because you have to or to get the loot.  It makes the game actually FUN the times you are playing it and means it doesn't have to be a second job or marriage where it is the only thing you can possibly do to succeed.  Blizzard finally made an actual MMO game here.

I guess we just find different things fun.  If there is nothing to strive for, I don't find it enjoyable.  I had a lot of fun for 4 weeks on the expansion, but then I got to the point of "what now?"  There's nothing left to do unless I wanna stroke my epeen and go for achievements that don't get me anything!  I guess I could try and put together all mages runs.  Doing all mage Strat/Scholo/UBRS back in the day was enjoyable and different.  (Yes, some classes could do runs like these with ease, Mages were not one of them.)

Also Macros have actually been nerfed for a very long time.  No longer can you have a single button that does any number of things based on situational checks when you press it.  There is no more single press healing that picks your spell for you like pre BC, there is no follow person, target that persons target, cast attack spell that is your ONLY attack spell anymore.  Not even Hunters have their Steady Shot/Kill Command spam macro happening anymore with SS nerfs so that they actually have to weave shots again.

Macros will be nerfed enough when they no longer exist. :-)  Blizzard added all they needed with the F key.

Transparent gameplay and community sharing knowledge has only enriched the game, guild specific hidden strategies were stupid pointless epeen that getting thrown on the shit heap with great sites like Elitist Jerks is one of the best things to happen to an MMO.

We disagree again here.  In Warcraft 3 I was ranked 1 and 2 in the FFA game type at the same time.  Both my accounts also had 3:1 win/loss ratios, something that didn't happen in FFA, period.  If you got to top 10 with a .500 record you were pro.  Then came replays.  I don't mind someone seeing why they lost the game and trying to improve.  That's obviously not what replays were used for though.  Instead, dozens of replays ended up online so my builds/strategies/items/heroes/counters and everything else could be copied.  Within a month of replays coming out I couldn't even play an FFA without running into clones of myself.  That's annoying... use your own damn brain to figure shit out.

I feel the same in WoW.  What fun is it to go on YouTube and just copy what everyone else does?  And what reward does a person/guild get for actually being good and creative?  Back in the day the guild's battled it out trying to clear content first with the strats they came up with.  Now, everyone just goes on Youtube and does what the other guy did.  Fun!

Finally, back to the Mage/Lock thing.  My issue with Mage/Lock is that all they can do is sit there and pew pew.  Other classes have always been more versatile, but now it's insane.
Paladins and Druids can Tank/Heal/DPS.
Shaman/Priest can Heal/DPS
Warrior/Death Knight can Tank/DPS
Hunter/Lock/Mage/Rogue can DPS!

This would be okay if these 4 classes were actually the best at DPS.  What's terrible is they're not.  (I obviously haven't seen everyone play, but watching fury Warriors throw out 5K DPS without full epics is a joke.)  Once Blizzard finally comes out with dual talent tree, this is going to get even worse.  OMG I can switch from my kiting spec to me quick damage spec, rawr!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 12:25:04 PM »
Varies by fight of course, but in general a good fury warrior rapes the shit out of everything in raids.  Of course, it helps that they get totems that buff the living shit out of them, while I get 91 mana over 5 seconds!
And you know, the absolute fuck ton of Spellpower.  Throw in an Elemental Shaman and you are getting almost the same 10% damage buff from Fire totem that melee are getting from Windfury (Don't underestimate that much MP5 as well, when you stack shaman totems with Replenishment the time you can DPS before you need to Evocate goes up an incredible amount), it might not scale as well, but that is an issue for later when there is gear that actually hits that point.

As far as I know, Decursive has been around since the times of BWL release, back then it was single click to decurse anyone in the raid, it is far more interactive now.  You still target people, you still pick the spell to cast, you just have it presented to you in an infinitely more processable format the the standard UI.

For Tank Rotations and whatnot, that is still there, 4 Hoursemen exists, Gluth exists. 

You still have to get out of the fire and pay attention, that zoning element is pretty much the heart and soul of WoW raiding.  Get out of the fire, don't pull aggro where it is sensitive (You don't have to pay attention?  Fuck me Heigan Dance is still like the best part of the game).  I say again, look at Sarth with multiple Drakes up and TELL me people aren't on the ball when they get those kills.

There is no really harsh gear checks in the game as of now.  This is fine, it is introductory raiding and they wanted people to be able to actually raid right off the bat.  5 mans were specifically stated to not be compulsary in this because it did horrible things to BC.

Setting up groups for maximising DPS didn't matter pre BC until Naxx.  If you look at all of the DPS checks and healer checks in WoW classic 40 man raids they were tuned to anywhere between as low as 25-35 people playing pretty well.  Pre BC raids were tuned with mouth breathing AFK hunters in mind.

I guess we just find different things fun.  If there is nothing to strive for, I don't find it enjoyable.  I had a lot of fun for 4 weeks on the expansion, but then I got to the point of "what now?"  There's nothing left to do unless I wanna stroke my epeen and go for achievements that don't get me anything!  I guess I could try and put together all mages runs.  Doing all mage Strat/Scholo/UBRS back in the day was enjoyable and different.  (Yes, some classes could do runs like these with ease, Mages were not one of them.)
If you don't enjoy raiding for the actual heart and soul of raiding, why even do it anyway?  Same goes for 5 mans.  Just do it for the fun of it.  Yeah it is farm content, yes you might not get anything, but are you getting other people loot?  Are you enjoying what you are doing?  If not then yeah, leave the game, but I don't quite understand why you were even playing it in the first place then.  I personally don't go in for the Achievement shit either, got all my reps up a while back.  Been raiding pretty consistently every week almost since early December.  Do I need the loot?  Not really.  Do I like a fun team play game each week?  Yeah.  You are arguing as if the game is somehow fundamentally different than any other kind of game with constantly repeating content.  Do you quit playing Deathmatch when you have killed the enemy once?  Capture the Flag is over when you have capped it once?

Macros will be nerfed enough when they no longer exist. :-)  Blizzard added all they needed with the F key.
Spoken like a true DPSer that has never had to heal in the default Blizzard UI before.  Mouse over Macros make healing complex fights actually doable.  Add in bonuses for DPS like simple things like more flexible CD management for buffs you want to stack (BF/Trinket buff in my rogue times was a blessing).  Macros are not a only crutch for the bad player, they are things that help the good player function optimally.  Focus macros are a real boon when you have to CC things.

We disagree again here.  In Warcraft 3 I was ranked 1 and 2 in the FFA game type at the same time.  Both my accounts also had 3:1 win/loss ratios, something that didn't happen in FFA, period.  If you got to top 10 with a .500 record you were pro.  Then came replays.  I don't mind someone seeing why they lost the game and trying to improve.  That's obviously not what replays were used for though.  Instead, dozens of replays ended up online so my builds/strategies/items/heroes/counters and everything else could be copied.  Within a month of replays coming out I couldn't even play an FFA without running into clones of myself.  That's annoying... use your own damn brain to figure shit out.

I feel the same in WoW.  What fun is it to go on YouTube and just copy what everyone else does?  And what reward does a person/guild get for actually being good and creative?  Back in the day the guild's battled it out trying to clear content first with the strats they came up with.  Now, everyone just goes on Youtube and does what the other guy did.  Fun!

WoW is only a competetive game at heart (in game here I am talking) in PVP.  In all other areas it is a team based game.  If you want to have the competetive meta game component then you need to be on the bleeding edge of content where that very feeling is.  Once the world firsts are out of the way, you have a couple of weeks before refined actually full blown complete and accurate strategy filters down to us run of the mill fairly casual players.  Once that shit is over and done with, quite frankly the competition can just get fucked, the game isn't even about that bullshit.  Sure some friendly competition can happen, but it isn't the heart and soul of the game and unless you are competing against a friendly guild no one really cares.

Sure Hybrids can do a lot of things.  If they are doing one they can't do the other.  So the whole point is meaningless.  Once the duel spec thing is a reality yeah sure if the fight calls for it they can swap to healer, but you aren't going to have a raid where your entire raid needs to be made up of tanks and healers where you will be left holding the bag.  All the dual spec is going to do is if such a situation comes up, hey one of your hybrids can change quickly, you are only going to be forced to sit out as pure DPS if the entirety of your DPS team is pure class DPS, which is some primo shit raid balance right there.  Hybrids have every much as right to a DPS spot as a pure DPS becauuuuuse, when they are DPS, they can't fucking do shit all else anyway!  They are functionally pure DPS at that time.

With any worries with the dual spec system being abused mid fight.  Not going to happen.  Plain and simple, it is the simplest fucking thing to balance that it is dead obvious what they are going to do.  Out of combat only, not in BGs, not in Arena, not in Wintergrasp probably.  Any possible problems fucking solved straight away.  If someone wants to have 2 specs that are ultra specific for PVE, that is up to them, but it isn't going to be made required. DUAL SPEC CHANGES NOTHING IN THE GAME IT JUST SAVES YOU TIME IN RAID AND HOLY SHIT 50 GOLD.

The Fury warrior at 5k not full epic gear is going to be in 25 man with full buffs going, everyone is pulling pretty nuts damage there (Especially on the fight, if the 5k is on anything but Patch it is a lol, because the only stand and spank other than him has gimmicks that massively inflate Warrior damage at the moment).  7k DPS Affliction locks are a reality in that environment and I know as people get more gear they are thinking of breaking 8k at least in theory so far.

Edit - I need to say something else is the heart and soul of raiding as well.  Potatoes are the heart and soul of raiding.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 12:27:34 PM by Grefter »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
We disagree again here.  In Warcraft 3 I was ranked 1 and 2 in the FFA game type at the same time.  Both my accounts also had 3:1 win/loss ratios, something that didn't happen in FFA, period.  If you got to top 10 with a .500 record you were pro.  Then came replays.  I don't mind someone seeing why they lost the game and trying to improve.  That's obviously not what replays were used for though.  Instead, dozens of replays ended up online so my builds/strategies/items/heroes/counters and everything else could be copied.  Within a month of replays coming out I couldn't even play an FFA without running into clones of myself.  That's annoying... use your own damn brain to figure shit out.

I feel the same in WoW.  What fun is it to go on YouTube and just copy what everyone else does?  And what reward does a person/guild get for actually being good and creative?  Back in the day the guild's battled it out trying to clear content first with the strats they came up with.  Now, everyone just goes on Youtube and does what the other guy did.  Fun!

I actually feel like speaking up here about this right now. You've got some other points I want to address, but this is the one that jumps out at me as something worth discussing.

What you describe is the very nature of a competitive environment. The results are the most important thing. It doesn't matter how you get to the winning bracket, what matters is that you know how to do it and you execute in a way that allows you to succeed. Figuring shit out yourself is good, but it simply pales in comparison to observing the environment, seeing what works and what doesn't and extrapolate from there. You make a claim that things are being copied because of FFAs, but, frankly? That is the natural end result for good players anyhow. In any environment where there are a set number of factors (competitive games, tcgs, rpgs, etc) there is an optimal set of solutions.

If you're a good player, or want to be a good player, you WILL eventually end up at that point. Frankly, if you're as good and successful as you say, then replays or not, you'd eventually run into copies of yourself anyway. Players who played you and learned, good players who have figured out those optimal counters and builds, players who, through sheer dumb luck, reached the same conclusion as you... they'll all be there. All that having that information available really does is accelerate the process and make it rest less on direct word of mouth. It'll still happen as the playerbase expands and more players learn what works and what doesn't.

Which is why it sort of becomes problematic in your comparison, where you're putting together apples and oranges. A competitive environment benefits from this sort of interaction because it creates an interesting and fluid metagame which, in turn, creates new ideas, etc. In a game like WoW, this information makes it so the point of pride is in execution, rather than figuring out the fight.

Personally, for WoW, I don't care so much about knowing how to do the fight. In fact, with such a large playerbase, unless you are a guild that is first into new content, then there is a good chance someone will be in your group that knows the fight anyway, so the surprise there is wasted. Which is why the true art is in execution. You either perform the strategy in an ideal way, or you refine it. Ironically, achievements encourage this by making you think about fights in a new way and insist on picture perfect performance (see: The Immortal).

Anyhow, I'll address the rest at some future point, but for now, imagine I basically echo Gref and Rob.

Bardiche

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »
I play Zero Online presently.

It's not much of a grind game (you basically get items to acquire, at worst, 2% experience per item you hand in, and the items aren't rare) so it's all cools. On the other hand, once you hit level 100 (easy shit, I assure you) you can be PKed and it's a global PK system.

Well shit!

I'm humping around in my Thrudgelmir.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2009, 02:08:38 AM »
Okay, I just joined PWI as a Human Blademaster.  I'm on the Sanctuary server, so I'll try to find you guys.  Name is CapnK

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2009, 03:48:05 AM »
I'll add you to the faction when you're online.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 07:05:33 AM »
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 12:26:17 AM »
So, are people still playing SMT:Imagine? If so, can I get a guild hookup? Me and my girlfriend started playing and my old character was baleeted for some reason. Guess there was a server reset?

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 01:42:42 AM »
There was when they went from closed to open beta.  We stopped playing it though, since we were doing stuff together and for some reason my computer can't load one of the outdoor sections we needed to go to.  Well, Tal, Nitori, and I stopped.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »
I started playing the new Perfect World Entertainment game, Ether Saga. PWi was kind of boring because it was been there done that. orz

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »

Hello to our *house*. Do you feel *better* yet?
If you are *campers* you will enjoy *the change*, but maybe not yet.
It is best if many happy Orz are coming to your *house*.
Let's *spitting* the fun words for several *pieces* and then surprising things!!!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 07:16:14 AM »
So the Valentine's Day event? Pretty awesome, for one reason:

the part of the achievement requiring you to go to Gurubashi Arena. I went there tonight and the place was a goddamn powder keg. So I tossed my shield at someone and everyone went NUTS.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 08:55:11 AM »
I'm surprised it wasn't nuts already, but that must've gotten interesting in a hurry. >_>

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:59 AM »
Those of you who quit Perfect World due to the amount of grinding may want to give it another try.  There's a new daily quest to kill a boss from a lower FB.  Takes 10-30 minutes depending on which boss you get, and gives about 1.5-2 times the experience of Crazy Stone.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 05:21:46 AM »
Anybody believing these supposed expansion leaks?

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 06:29:00 AM »
Anybody believing these supposed expansion leaks?

No.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 07:00:51 AM »
I have to admit I'm skeptical. But if MMO Champ is willing to stake their reputation (and by association, their ad revenue) on it, they either know SOMETHING or are deliberately being misled by Blizzard.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 08:28:27 AM »
Plenty of it lines up with stuff people had been throwing around as interesting ideas, especially at EJ by not retards.  Blizzard have been pretty good in Wrath with doing expected, mildly suprising but good ideas in general.  Lots of good stuff in there, none of it would surprise me.

Edit - I consider the most suspect one to honestly be the level 85 cap and only because it makes reference to the level 100 end game concept.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »
And it's true. The classes, the races, the old zone revamp, the level 85 cap, flying mounts in Azeroth...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/

There's a trailer on there that outlines a bunch of new features. Apparently there's a new system of character advancement called "the Path of Titans." I have no idea what it means.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2009, 09:09:30 PM »
Well, that's exciting. Maybe I'll start playing again.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2009, 10:38:31 PM »
And hey, the old world revamp part of the expansion is free, which means it will probably be pushed out in 4.0 as the pre-expansion event.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »
The retarded.  IT HURTS.  IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!