• DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: MMOs
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2009, 04:57:53 AM »
...wow.

And the rate isn't absurdly low?
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2009, 04:58:32 AM »
I already told Soppy, but in case he forgets after being overwhelmed, let me list the major changes since you last played:

1)  Autopathing.  Click on an NPC or monster name in quest log and you'll fly straight to it.  Also on the map screen hold Alt and click a location to autopath to it.  Huge improvement for questing.

2)  Supply Stash.  Talk to the NPC in one of the starting towns (Inn of the Eagle, Northern Pass, Battlemark Village) to get this.  Opens every 5 levels with handy items.  Mostly to help new characters, but there's some pretty groovy stuff in them.  You'll need to buy hammers from cash shop to open the level 50 and 80 versions.  Also, don't sell those Perfect Stones you get from them.  You'll want them to feed your genie.

3)  Genies.  A little traveling skillset joins you!  These can learn a large variety of all class skills.  Some of the good ones are Holy Path (quick movement), Extreme Poison (like Veno Amplify Damage, but stacks with everything else), Second Wind and Tree of Protection (healing).  The basic skill on the Zeal genie (Soppy got one of these) can also be used to pull mobs like a veno pet.  The high level skills take a lot of genie vitality to use, but are fairly powerful attacks.  Their attacks use up chi stones, so feed them when you have some.

4)  Bounty Hunter.  Goodbye grinding!  A new daily quest that assigns you a boss from a previous FB to kill.  Really quick and good experience.  Easy to find squads for because all characters of the same level range (60-69, 70-79, etc.) get the same bosses for the day.  Talk to the Head Hunter on the circle in the center of Archosaur to get the quest.  Note that you can actually get the quest twice in 1 day.  The first time it's available is within 4 hours of server dayroll (midnight server time), and the second is any time after that.  There are 3 random bosses that can be chosen.  For level 60s, it's Fushma (FB51), Myriadtail Wyvern (FB51), or Zimo (FB59).

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2009, 05:00:20 AM »
...wow.

And the rate isn't absurdly low?

It is, but the default item from the pack (15 tokens of luck) is really damn useful too, so still 1 gold well spent.  They were released for the month of September, but since PWI's profit from them is so colossal they've kept them in the cash shop permanently.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2009, 05:04:32 AM »
I guess Soppy and I could make a habit of doing that new daily once per day or something since we're both in the 60 range.

Is there a more comprehensive guide on how to get genies/what they do?
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
Funny, I'd actually been considering trying to pick up either PW or RoM again.  I'll probably wait til the expansion hits for PW though, playing as a class that can kill things at a hopefully decent clip might help.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2009, 05:56:18 PM »
Bounty hunts?  Way to completely steal the idea from KoL, PWI.

Or way to have a game model so intrinsically similar that the same things are going to pop up in all of them, MMOs.

In other news, because I feel like bragging:

In KoL, the bounty hunter rewards you for each bounty hunt you do with a Filthy Lucre.  You can only get one a day.  Trading in 1 will get you an Odor Extractor, which lets you face the same mob (with some variance) for 40 turns in that zone.  If you get 200 lucre, you can buy a skill that gives you that ability permanently, even in Hardcore ascensions, without having to do a run to keep it permed.  This is extremely useful for Oxygenarian runs, where you only get 40 turns per day (+~15 more if you can use spleen items), and you don't want to be wasting your time on the quests that force you to fight rare enemies.  Yessssssss.

I have 186.  The day is near when I start caring about this game again.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 06:01:06 PM by Makkotah »

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2009, 05:23:44 AM »
Tideborn expansion for PWI comes out Wednesday.  You have a 1 gig patch and massive lag in the new cities to look forward to!

Some of the stuff to look forward to:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466152

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2009, 02:16:49 AM »
Meh... the amount of space they added was about half I expected. Most of it is low level stuff too for Tideborns. Not done looking at it all though since I spent most of my time doing the globetrotting quest for sweet coinage and exp.

At least the patch went quickly...