Register

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2- now with Steam IDs!  (Read 5728 times)

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2- now with Steam IDs!
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 04:16:23 AM »
Sooo it looks like I actually won't be on Steam playing TF2 any time in the near future. Don't bother friending me. Have fun out there, and don't get yourselves killed too often.

Otter

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 05:03:04 AM »
Man, what's the deal there?

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 05:41:20 AM »
Maybe someone here can help me out.  When I try to refresh the servers to play TF2 (Which is usually because Half Life 2 crashed) no games show up on the list at all.  Anyone know what the issue might be?

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 05:46:16 AM »
Check and see how you're sorting them. Possibly you have some sort of awkward restriction in there that you didn't notice.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 05:51:50 AM »
Nope.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 06:11:59 AM »
Hmm...failed to add Makkotah (or looks like it tried to add the wrong person, anyhow).  I'm batting about 30% with this....

As for seeing servers...took me a while the first time I played.  I think I just pressed various refresh buttons a lot.

I don't think you actually need to get those all in one go at it. I've got.... some smallish number of Headshots for Grey Matter, and I'm pretty sure it's steadily increasing.
That's correct.

And at any rate, 2 Fort tends to be a terrible Sniper level.  Hydro, Gravel Pit, and some sections of Dustbowl, Well, and Granary are much better.  (And a whole lot of custom map seems to be built by someone with a hard-on for Snipers.  Either that or map builders were just too lazy to put cover into the level...).

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 11:32:43 PM »
Hm.  I think it might be an issue with my firewall, thinking on it.  I'll test that out when I care more.

Oh, yeah, Met, You added me but I hit the wrong button.  I was doing something else when Steam started bothering me, saying "kburnell has added you as a friend.  Accept/Cancel"  I assumed that whatever the cancel button said meant "I'll deal with that later" and not "deny," so try adding again.  I tried adding kburnell but it added a very Yumeiless Kyleburnell.  Try adding me again.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 05:26:25 PM »
Try adding me again.
Didn't work; just tells me there's errors adding you.

Possibly simpler method, though:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPGDL

Step 1: Add yourself to the group
Step 2: Click on another profile in the group
Step 3: Click "Add as friend"
Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »
Me and MC were rocking a very impressive Demoman duo the other day. It was pretty awesome, thumbs up.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 08:19:41 PM »
Oh, yeah, I figure I should let you guys know:  If I'm under the name Slothman, or if I'm just doing well, it's my roommate playing, not I.

However, if it's under the name Makkotah and Monkey spends the entire time hunting me down and killing me because I'm easy prey, it's me and Monkey is an asshole.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 08:55:09 PM »
Oh, yeah, I figure I should let you guys know:  If I'm under the name Slothman, or if I'm just doing well, it's my roommate playing, not I.
Oh, that makes way more sense.  I was thinking "whoa, Zenthor's really good at rocket jumping, and is habitually crouch jumping, and seems to know where he's going in this custom map I've never seen before."

In related news, I'm not sure I should necessarily hop into "newbie server X", since my coworkers who have friended me sometimes follow (frequently kwejibo or einstein, both of whom are ex-game testers with rather mad skills).  Or maybe I should just change my username first....

Otter

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »
I'm back at home for a couple days due to a nice long weekend, so, in typical selfish fashion I'm going to be scouting around for people to play TF2 with while I've got the chance.  If you were thinking, "I'd play TF2 tonight, but it's so pointless if Otter isn't there," then that piece of information may prove fateful.

Ryogo

• DOC!
  • Denizen
  • Somebody call for a medic?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2008, 04:03:37 AM »
Just noticed this. If any of you guys wanna add me, my ID is keitaro_urashima 
I play a good deal. Watch your backs, I'm a spy :)