Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 47  (Read 3832 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 47
« on: January 28, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »

Oh... you won again. How... wonderful. Perhaps this week, however, will lead to your downfall...

Team Bardiche vs. Floor 4
Team Grefter, Nephrite and Consonant vs. Floor 3

-------------------------------------------------------------

Team Bardiche's Matches

Floor 6b: The strongest of the strong (Before endgame)

So you want to fight the strongest beings? Fine, then. Let's see how you do.

Battle #26: Ghaleon

Ghaleon: Not Ghaleon, dear Quark... MAGIC EMPEROR GHALEON! What do you mean you're not Quark!?

Battle #27: Fou-lu

*The team has been fully healed!

Fou-lu: The power of the Dragon Kings flows within me. You will not pass...

Battle #28: Myria 3

Myria: You shall die here. The world needs not such as you.

Battle #29: Sephiroth

Sephiroth: I LOVE CLOUD AND ZACK AND WANT TO DATE THEM AT GOLD SAUCER!

Boss Battle #6: Xorn

Xorn: ALL LOVE WILL PERISH!

Team Consonant and Grefter's Matches

Floor 4a: Reversal of Fortune (Midgame)

Let's see what happens when your reality is turned upside down? Hahahahaha...

*For this floor, all damage and healing is reversed. (Damage heals, heals damage) All status healing spells inflict that status at 100% (Including Life -> ID), all status-inflicting spells remove that status (ID -> Life) and all Buffs or debuffs do the opposite (Saner would reduce speed and evasion) These spells can be targetted at enemies or allies.
*All resources used for Healing are infinite, as well.

Battle #16: Citan and Billy

Citan: Let's go, Billy
Billy: Okay, Fei!

Battle #17: Rosa, Cecil and Tellah

Rosa: Cecil! Don't worry, we can defeat them!
Cecil: Of course, my love.
Tellah: I'll show you all how this is really done!

Battle #18: Tir and Bazba

Tir: ...
Bazba: ...For the Lizard Tribe!

Battle #19: Lulu, Garnet and Terra

Lulu: I will stop you here.
Garnet: Let's go, my friends...
Terra: I will protect the children!

Boss Battle #4: Marle and Galcian

Marle: I won't give up here!
Galcian: Yes... indeed.

Team Nephrite's Matches

Floor 4c: Past and Future

"Let's see how you fare when you have to trample through the annals of time!"

Battle #16: Lufia, Child Rydia, Pichu and FF1 Garland

Lufia: I will... fight!
Rydia: My.. mother...!
Garland: I, GARLAND, SHALL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN! FOR REAL!
Pichu: Pi... pi?

Battle #17: Rikku, Aeonless Yuna and Suikoden 1 Luc

Rikku: Yeah! Let's go!
Yuna: I will fight if I must.
Luc: This is not worth my time...

Battle #18: Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk

Algus: Uh...
Argath: Don't mess up this time...
Balk: Heh! This is truly amazing.
Balk: I truly am above 'death'...

Battle #19: Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and Suikoden 2 Luc

Rikku: Let's go, Yunie!
Yuna: All right, Rikku!
Luc: I am -not- dancing...

Boss Battle: Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Raichu and Chaos

Erim: I... am sorry.
Rydia: Mother, give me strength...!
Chaos: I, CHAOS, WILL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN! THROUGH TIME!

---------------------------------------------

Team Bardiche | Maxim, Tidus, Songstress, Crowley, Raja
[Floor 6b]
Team Bardiche vs. Ghaleon
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Fou-Lu
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Myria3
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Sephiroth
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Xorn

Team Consonant | Rika, Arc, Lilka, DoS White Wizard, Moulder
[Floor 4a]
*For this floor, all damage and healing is reversed. All status healing spells inflict that status at 100% (Including Life -> ID), all status-inflicting spells remove that status (ID -> Life) and all Buffs or debuffs do the opposite (Saner would reduce speed and evasion) These spells can be targetted at enemies or allies.
*All resources normally used for Healing are infinite, as well.

Team Consonant vs. Citan and Billy
Team Consonant vs. Rosa, Cecil and Tellah
Team Consonant vs. Tir and Bazba
Team Consonant vs. Lulu, Garnet and Terra
Team Consonant vs. Marle and Galcian

Team Grefter | Tir, Yuna, FFT White Wizard, Hellion, Raja
[Floor 4a]
*For this floor, all damage and healing is reversed. All status healing spells inflict that status at 100% (Including Life -> ID), all status-inflicting spells remove that status (ID -> Life) and all Buffs or debuffs do the opposite (Saner would reduce speed and evasion) These spells can be targetted at enemies or allies.

Team Grefter vs. Citan and Billy
Team Grefter vs. Rosa, Cecil and Tellah
Team Grefter vs. Tir and Bazba
Team Grefter vs. Lulu, Garnet and Terra
Team Grefter vs. Marle and Galcian

Team Nephrite | Timelord, Nina4, Eileen, Raja, Bowser
[Floor 4c]
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia, Child Rydia, Pichu and FF1 Garland
Team Nephrite vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S1 Luc
Team Nephrite vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk
Team Nephrite vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Luc
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Raichu and Chaos
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:45:13 PM by Nephrite »

Bardiche

Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 47
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:59:25 PM »
[Floor 6b]
Team Bardiche vs. Ghaleon - Right. Tidus hastes the team. Songstress knocks up the Magic Immunity song, and I take most Ghaleon's attacks as magical. Maxim and Crowley start putting some hurt on Ghaleon, Raja joins in with whatever he has. Maybe buff the team or something idk. From my experience Ghaleon's Fate Storm only takes down one team member on each use, so Raja and Maxim alternate reviving someone. This way they continue to just chip away at Ghaleon since Songstress shuts down his attack magic, and Crowley, Maxim and Tidus should be able to get some good damage in on him and take him down eventually.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Fou-Lu - Tidus goes first, hastes everyone. Songstress can double HP, Raja can do some Heals and Maxim and Crowley can hurt Fou-lu. Like Ghaleon, the fight'll take a while but my team should have the resources to deal with this.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Myria3 - Tidus goes first again, does Haste. Myria does something. Kill Songstress perhaps or status-hit the team. Either way, recovering is first priority and with Crowley, Maxim and Raja all capable of doing that, it shouldn't be difficult to do so. Crowley can even do Shining Wind to full-heal the team (not revive, sadly) and damage Myria some. Once Songstress is back on her feet she can either double HP or Magic Immune the team. I think she can get a Confusion Immunity so nothing can stop her dances save death, and Myria'll be hard-pressed to kill anyone under Songstress's Magic Immunity. So chip her to 50% HP mark, refresh buffs and rush her to finish her off before she can raise hell with Death on Songstress et all. Or can Songstress block that? I have no idea what Myria's chances are to hit with Death anyway. I'm kneejerking this.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Sephiroth - ... Yeah kneejerking this one. Tidus hastes, Crowley helps out some by spamming Shining Winds when applicable, Maxim and Raja take care of reviving anyone who dies and Songstress tries out random dances to save her (and everyone else's) life. I probably want to mHP Double here and then ensure I stay at the high HP numbers.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Xorn - ... O... kay. Xorn. Super fast. Super strong hitter. Tidus can still act first and Haste the team to do some damage control in regards to Xorn's speed, but then what? Xorn at least gets a round in and puts some hurt on the team. No one should die immediately since Xorn doesn't get to double thanks to Haste, and so Songstress gets to act and everyone can stay alive. Think doubleMHP should carry me through until he starts using Despair... but if he uses that, it means my team can just start hitting him hard as he can't possibly last through treating everyone with Despair. Not to mention Tidus gets to Delay Hit for me, which means Xorn shouldn't be able to win.

Of course, I'm biased.

Does any one of these have ID at this point?

[Floor 4a]

Team Grefter vs. Citan and Billy - Yeah.
Team Grefter vs. Marle and Galcian - Yuna, FFT White Wizard, Hellion, Raja, Tir... all of them are great at this point. Tir can Revive (MT Revive? I'll hand him that one), Yuna can nuke, FFT White Wizard can nuke, Hellion can still protect against magic, and Raja does high damages right around here. Whoah.

[Floor 4c]
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia, Child Rydia, Pichu and FF1 Garland
Team Nephrite vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S1 Luc
Team Nephrite vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk
Team Nephrite vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Luc
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Raichu and Chaos - Sure I'll buy the TimeLord hype. Also Nina4.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »
[Floor 4a]

Team Consonant vs. Citan and Billy - Citan can't do much on his own.  He can slow someone, sure, but since both Lilka and WM have revival at this point, Billy goes down before he can do anything.  Not to mention Rika can just undo the slowing.  Not quite sure how effective Mend staves are at this point, but they're there.
Team Consonant vs. Rosa, Cecil and Tellah - Total Healing, aside from doing damage, applies every negative AtL2 status in the book, and there's no way Cecil can block 'em all (well, FF4a Cecil, anyways, can't really comment on FF4DS Cecil).
Team Consonant vs. Tir and Bazba - Rika Illusions my team (or Saners the enemy team, whichever is best), Lilka hits Bazba with revival, Arc locks Tir down, Moulder/WM finishes up.  Hopefully, my team should be able to take out Bazba before he gets a shot of Healing Wind off.  If not, things could become somewhat unpleasant come the boss fight.
Team Consonant vs. Lulu, Garnet and Terra - Lilka offs Garnet, Arc locks the other two down.
Team Consonant vs. Marle and Galcian - Marle's a slug and can't do anything before she gets offed.  I guess Galcian can try something, but I don't think he can make it stick.

Team Grefter passes with ease.

Team Bardiche... gets past Ghaleon easily enough if you hold him to his in-game attack patterns.  I don't do that though, however... Ghaleon speed... ugh... tenative fail for now.

I'll get around to Team Nephrite later.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 07:51:37 PM by Random Consonant »

Bardiche

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:20:02 PM »
What's so 'ugh' about Ghaleon's speed?

Taishyr

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »
[Floor 6b]
Team Bardiche vs. Ghaleon - ...I think I see Fate Storm as magic? Songstress nukes most of Ghaleon's offense, Raja+Maxim buffing reduces physicals to piddling. Battle's pretty much done from there.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Fou-Lu - Not so sure on this one, but inclination is Maxim/Tidus put up a lot of quick damage that Fou-Lu struggles to get around.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Myria3
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Sephiroth - Mmm. Pale Horse as magical? Not really sure. I'll just kneejerk yes for now.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Xorn - Okay, this is the cute fight, but... Tidus should have a limit built up, Maxim has attack buffs. Tidus initiative Auto-Hastes, Xorn does something, then Tidus Cheers/Maxim uses Attack Buff/Songstress doubles their HP/Raja buffs Defense/Crowley wears him down. They can chip him down to right above the 75% HP mark, then... Songstress switches to the Auto-Crit buff, and Maxim/Tidus bumrush with Blitz Ace critical+attack critical. If you see Maxim having an IP he also contributes to the smash, I don't since none of the opponents have a reason to target him over the less durable healer. Xorn's debuff is ST, he doesn't have enough time to fool around with it; either Tidus or Maxim get a buffed critical Quick Hit chain or buffed critical physical smash off, and that plus what Crowley's doing should be enough to down Xorn. Really neat fight.

[Floor 4a]

Team Consonant vs. Rosa, Cecil and Tellah
Team Consonant vs. Marle and Galcian - Uh lemme think on these. Most the threats (Rosa, Tellah, Marle) are slow, which helps the healing brigade here.

[Floor 4a]

Team Grefter vs. Citan and Billy
Team Grefter vs. Marle and Galcian - Ahahaha. Aaaaaaaaahahahaha. Aha. Yuna on this floor is brutal brutal rape, Tir just makes matters worse.

[Floor 4c]
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia, Child Rydia, Pichu and FF1 Garland - Yep.
Team Nephrite vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S1 Luc - I think. The enemy team has issues killing here. I'm currently pretending DL Legal Rikku is supposed to mean No Items Rikku since yeah, my way and she's the 4.0 type. Gut says TimeLeap'd Eileen EQs cause pain here.
Team Nephrite vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk - Gut says enemy team doesn't have enough.
Team Nephrite vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Luc - TimeLord>enemy team. Leave S2 Luc alive and MP regen TimeLord.
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Raichu and Chaos - Overdrive.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:32:02 AM by Taishyr »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:58:29 PM »

He's like a smidge above half-average speed. Ghaleon is one of the slowest duellers in the entire DL.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Bardiche

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 11:52:45 PM »

He's like a smidge above half-average speed. Ghaleon is one of the slowest duellers in the entire DL.

This is what confused me. I should be able to double him with everyone effortlessly.

Even Raja, man, if I haste that guy.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 01:44:45 AM »
Grefter's team looks like it was built for this floor. Tir is a solid reviver, which is always a problem for most people on this floor. While the rest of his healing team are nuking and stat-breaking the enemy. Hell, Raja can do MP busting. Grefter's team passes.

Bardiche's team... Definitely makes it past Ghaleon, without even much trouble. Fou-lu... may be able to take out Raja or Maxim? But full-heals fix that. Myria3's walled by Songstress. Sephiroth... even with Songstress doubling HP, I think Sephiroth stands a good chance of taking out Maxim and Raja, which could spell doom.
Even if he makes it to Xorn, though. No. Xorn's speed is a team-killer, even with haste. Once he starts killing Maxim and Raja, there's not enough full-healing to keep the team afloat, and Tidus' QuickHit damage isn't putting enough pressure on Xorn.
Great run, but Bardiche's team fails.

Consonant's team is another healer-heavy one. Rika plays the speed game and uses her MT damage to solve any healing woes. Arc is back-up healer plus he can buff the team. Everyone else has ridiculous healing to use as OHKO damage. Rika's faster than anyone who would be a problem to her health, and if the opponents manage to kill anyone else, she revives with her ID. Pass on Consonant.

Neph... slaughters the first battle. And I'm not sure from there.

Taishyr

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 03:32:39 AM »
Edited. Bardiche passes, gut says the Magic Null dance walls Myria3/Sephiroth and the team follows my Xorn advice to win?

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 04:02:43 AM »

[Floor 6b]
Team Bardiche vs. Ghaleon- He needs double Fate Storm to be allowed and FS to go through Songstress's magic blocking. Not happening.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Fou-Lu- My kneejerk here is that Tidus's opening haste puts this out of reach. Soul Rend doesn't work and Dark Wave is hitting defense up/getting split up.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Myria3- No clue on this. Evil Eye could be very bad news here.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Sephiroth- This is a win, Seph doesn't have the MT skills for this.
*Full heal
Team Bardiche vs. Xorn- Bard WINS if he gets this far. Xorn is one of the scariest bosses you can fight in the duengon, but he has:

Someone who can double his party's HP
Several buffers
Three MT healers
Two revivers
Two good limit fighters

They can chip Xorn down to 80% HP, blitz the hell out of him with a physical rush, and stagger Raja and Crowely's turns so they're always healing. He can't really OHKO anyone without dispelling first thanks to dancing, and Tidus still has Delay buster to throw a wrench in things.

SKipping Neph for now, that is going to require some thought. Same reason as Djinn pretty much.

Team Grefter vs. Citan and Billy- Yuna smashes Billy. Citan can slow Yuna but that only means Priest is going to status instead of her.
Team Grefter vs. Rosa, Cecil and Tellah- Yuna+Priest work wondershere. Tellah may beat out RAja, but I don't think his one turn can do enough good.
Team Grefter vs. Tir and Bazba- Yeah.
Team Grefter vs. Lulu, Garnet and Terra- I think Raja outspeeds Lulu. Things get ugly if he doesn't but.. yeah, going to assume so.
Team Grefter vs. Marle and Galcian - Obvious.

Team Consonant vs. Rosa, Cecil and Tellah-..Good lord his entire team can heal.
Team Consonant vs. Marle and Galcian- Utter slaughter.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 02:49:02 AM »
Bardiche wins solidly.  Tidus and Songstress should tide him over pretty well, as most of these bosses can't deal with that amount of healing backed by HP-doubling.  I certianly don't allow double FS for Ghaleon, and Xorn...  I respect his speed a lot less than some as his big damage moves have a large lag.  With Xorn "only" puttering along at 1.7 average speed or so, Tidus is doubling everyone's speed in a CTB system, so yeah, Xorn is getting outsped.  Sephiroth is the most problematic one here, actually - Sephy has solid HP in my view, and Bardiche is not exactly adept at blitzing.  Supernova probably happens, and it'll suck, but he's got enough party members that he can probably survive it as long as Seph doesn't get lucky and confuse a bunch of Bardiche's team.  Inclined to tiebreak in Bard's favor here.

Consonant has a silly amount of healing...  and Arc has a status curing spell?  Yeah, that's probably game for him.  I guess things could get bad once/if Rika goes down due to losing "revival," but I suspect that he can hustle it out anyway on the rest of his team. 

Grefter has Yuna *and* Tir.  The only problem is that I suspect Garnet blocks ID, and maybe so does Terra?  Even if so, I think Yuna can just OHKO Garnet with healing magic anyway.

Still don't know enough about Team Nephrite to vote.  I will say the offense looks a bit eh for fight 4- can Nephrite deal with Gun Mage Yuna before she gets her slow-charging 9999 damage move off?  We learned last week that X-2 has good status blockers, so I'm not sure if she can be statused out, and Rikku is probably Stopping someone while Luc can heal intermediate damage to Yuna.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 02:53:25 AM »
Neither Garnet (No one in FF9 can block ID) nor Terra block ID in the DL. The only ID blocker in FF6 for the non Shadow/Relm PC's is the safety bit, which isn't storeobought and is a goddamned pain in the ass to acquire.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »
Bardiche falls others pass.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 03:06:59 AM »
EDIT: Going to have to stick with a fail on Bard's match. Checked over Supernova, and even Confusion and Silence seem enough to hurt his team beyond repair.

Grefter and Consonant pass. Surplus of ID and revival, and surplus of healing respectively.

Nephrite passes, as well. I think he still has the resources for it, and TimeLord's still pretty damn strong.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:34:00 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 04:03:37 AM »
Still don't know enough about Team Nephrite to vote.  I will say the offense looks a bit eh for fight 4- can Nephrite deal with Gun Mage Yuna before she gets her slow-charging 9999 damage move off?  We learned last week that X-2 has good status blockers, so I'm not sure if she can be statused out, and Rikku is probably Stopping someone while Luc can heal intermediate damage to Yuna.

Let's see, this is how I see it going:

Team Nephrite vs. Lufia, Child Rydia, Pichu and FF1 Garland -- This isn't going to be an issue. I can win this with physicals, no lost resources here.
Team Nephrite vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S1 Luc - Let's say you incredibly disrespect my team's speed. Yuna goes first and Holies... we'll say Bowser, but I don't think that kills him. Nina4 heals him. At some point, Timelord gets a turn and TimeEclipses her and she's done. S1 Luc doesn't have the damage to do anything here.
Team Nephrite vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk - The only remote challenge is Argath because of his Reflect Mail, but a combination of Terrorize and MT that is theroetically going to avoid that should take him out.
Team Nephrite vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Luc - Let's say, again, you disrespect all the speed on my team. Rikku Stops Nina4 (because she can heal the status, I think?), then Eileen casts some MT spell, possibly Earthquake. Timelord Timetwisters her and she casts it again. This should be enough to kill both Luc and Rikku, leaving only Yuna who isn't going to be a threat.
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Raichu and Chaos - Overdrive, Timeleap all four of them, TimeEclipse Erim and Chaos to ruin their speed and the team coasts from there.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 07:40:47 AM »
[
Team Nephrite vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Luc - Let's say, again, you disrespect all the speed on my team. Rikku Stops Nina4 (because she can heal the status, I think?), then Eileen casts some MT spell, possibly Earthquake. Timelord Timetwisters her and she casts it again. This should be enough to kill both Luc and Rikku, leaving only Yuna who isn't going to be a threat.
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Raichu and Chaos - Overdrive, Timeleap all four of them, TimeEclipse Erim and Chaos to ruin their speed and the team coasts from there.

I'm not sure I respect Eileen damage enough to see it killing off both Rikku and Luc in two shots. With Bowser, Neph's team takes out one of them, but maybe not before Luc gets a shot off, which could put some hurt on the field. Gun Mage Yuna takes out -somebody- before the next fight - either Eileen or Timelord. If it's Eileen, then Neph's boss strategy is fine, he passes. If she takes out Timelord, then Nina4 has to revive him before the boss strategy can work... that might be asking too much in a fight like this floor's bosses.

Tentative fail.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 01:08:54 PM »
Pale Horse is indeed magical yeah (yay Terance FAQS) so hmm. You know I was all set to say Bardiche failed in a glorious fall of enemy status whoring and slaughter but then somebody mentioned Magical Masque and I was like oh yeah Songstress has that now! Somehow Bard made it to the point of Songstress no MP cost and magical immunity hax ^_^  I need to think about Super Nova but really Bard pretty much has all the cards, possibly the trump card ;)
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Taishyr

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »
Re: Nephrite's magic damage, Eileen/Crowley/Hellion are all nasty in the Dungeon to me for pretty much the same reason; their damage is set, which means that earlygame they are Forces of Nature (TM).

From Dhyer's stat topic...

Straight (No More Runes) Average: 520 Damage (Kill Point 1300)
Multiple L4 Average: 539 Damage* (Kill Point 1348)
Multiple L3 Average: 550 Damage* (Kill Point 1375)

This is at endgame, so... let's take the Straight Average, and multiply by 4/7ths (floor/overall game). We get a normal Damage Average of 297 and a kill point of 742, following the 2.5xPCHP method. Keep in mind this is a bit high - the average factors in everyone's L4 charges, but for an average at this point in the game, all L4 charges are oneshots at best. Personally I'd see it as as about 250, and Eileen's... probably able to do 350 with her magic?

Eileen should have, at floor 4, one shot of Earthquake as well (and if you allow additional charges learned during a floor to be used, by the end, she probably has her second at the end of the floor?). This is 700 damage before her high Magic, so... she's arguably got OHKO potential with it, and if not high 2HKO.

So she's got: High 3HKO/low 2HKO with the lesser charge, and a pretty little OHKO with her high charge. The former gets used on the first three fights, the latter can get used to break the fourth fight (alternately, TimeLeap'd Voice of Earth = 700~ damage, Nina4's fast as well so a MT spell there finishes). Either way, I can't see the team not getting to the final intact minus Eileen charges (the speed of the higher choices is pretty nice), and what Neph says blazes the final.

...This is pretty much justification for my own vote, but it'll possibly help others see why I voted this way. >_>

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
Eh Super Nova only causes Confuse/Silence/Slow irrc Piggy? Thought it was Pale Horse for Toad. Anyway yeah Silence and Confuse would hurt for Bard's buffers/supports/healers but FFX and X2 tend to be pretty good on status protecting stuff. Dunno about Maxim/Crowley/Raja though.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Taishyr

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »
Raja should have double psy-shields which'll block a fair few of those? Crowley just has his good MDef, Maxim... ask super.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »
Maxim can't block anything till his pearl equips, which are very clearly floor 7.
-------------------

Taishyr

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
Right. So Maxim/Crowley could get statused, but they at least should have acted thanks to Auto-Haste, and none of the statuses are really crippling enough? Tidus can't block everything either, but... mmm.

It's a cute set of fights, gonna stick with my vote on gut but.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »
Tai's explanation makes sense. While I'm not seeing Eileen as OHKOing at floor 4, I can believe a high 2HKO. Nephrite's team passes.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 06:35:45 PM »
Eh Super Nova only causes Confuse/Silence/Slow irrc Piggy? Thought it was Pale Horse for Toad. Anyway yeah Silence and Confuse would hurt for Bard's buffers/supports/healers but FFX and X2 tend to be pretty good on status protecting stuff. Dunno about Maxim/Crowley/Raja though.

Hmm, I remembered Supernova as more or a less a chibi version of Grand Cross.
*goes to check*

Looks like you're indeed correct. Confusion, Silence, Sadness (lol) and Slow. It's Pale Horse that adds Toad and Mini. I guess I'll look into the Sephiroth fight closer in that case. Change of vote, with a temporary abstain on Bard's match.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »
Bardiche passes. Sure, Sephy can fly to almost completely negate the team's damage output. And then cast Super Nov - oops, magic. Pale Hor - magic. Bre - magic. HEARTLESS ONE!!1

Grefter and Consonant should have no trouble whatsoever.

Team MICHAEL | Timelord, Nina4, Eileen, Raja, Bowser
[Floor 4c]
Team MICHAEL vs. Lufia, Child Rydia, Pichu and FF1 Garland: Bowser uses Terrorize. This causes Child Rydia to get scared, and when scared she invokes the power to summon Titan for overkill damage when scaled to that point of time. MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PICKED BOWSER, HUH MICHAEL.
Team MICHAEL vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S1 Luc
Team MICHAEL vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk
Team MICHAEL vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Luc
Team MICHAEL vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Raichu and Chaos
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!