Author Topic: Season 49/50 Rankings: Preliminary topic: Now open!  (Read 7155 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Season 49/50 Rankings: Preliminary topic: Now open!
« on: February 07, 2009, 04:26:07 AM »
This topic will open Sunday evening. Check back then!

RULES
Choose TWO games/Forgotten Warriors. You must choose two, and can not choose more than two. This is to provide some balance- some people will yes most ideas, some will no most ideas. Picking out the best helps window down what to rank.

RULES REGARDING (single) FORGOTTEN WARRIORS: They do not take up a slot, if they're from a ranked game. They still need to beat out the third place game for nominations to get to the next stage.

Don't:

Suggest a game for ranking for humor/trolling/for the hell of it. Please put some effort into your suggestions and pick the best games for the DL overall. Save the comic failure for NR.

What makes a good rankable game?

* games that are well-played within our group, and hence will get good vote numbers
* games which are well-played outside of our group, and hence will attract newbies
* games with well-developed or memorable characters
* games with interesting duellers battle-wise

Feel free to ask any questions about the process here.

And now on to the suggestions that have been made through the voting page. You don't have to stick to this list, but most people do read through it to refresh their memory of unranked games. Also gives you an idea about fan demand.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:19:33 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 49/50 Rankings: Preliminary topic *Closed*
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 02:48:20 AM »
Selected games:

Mana Khemia
Writers: 13/20
Suggestors: 10
Art: Easy to find
Accessability: Easy to find
Vote potential: Above average
Current potential: Below average
Notes: Much better. Internal's gone way up since the last time and it has tons of writers. The PSP rerelease has been pushed back to March, but it's still scheduled to be released and can only help the game draw.

Wild ARMs 5
Writers: 12/20
Suggestors: 6
Vote potential: Average
Notes: The writers are good and it has demand, though the internal is surprisingly not all that great for a WA game. It's not going to be the success that WA4 was for a lot of reasons, though a WA3 style success is nothing to be ashamed about in the DL. This look familiar? It should, it's a copy and paste from last time. Nothing really has changed.

Megaman X Command Mission
Writers: 14/20
Suggestors: 4
Notes: Same deal as before. Good internal, who knows about the external. It's a damn interesting DL game, I'll give it that. No problems with accessability either, which is nice.

Star Ocean: First Departure
Writers: 7/20
Suggestors: 1
Accessability: Easy to find. Emulatable+PSP release.
Notes: Surprisingly solid ranking idea, depending on what the internal looks like. It's part of a fairly popular series and got a shiny remake. It may not be there next time, but it's an idea for the future.

Wild ARMs: XF
Writers: 8/20
Suggestors: 2
Accessability: Easy to find.
Current potential: Well below average
Notes: Needs more internal, but it does have potential. Cool cast+Strong following helps, as does the WA label. We'll see about this one.

Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl
Writers: 9/20
Suggestors: 0
Notes: I'm actually concerned about drawing here. DS is a fairly solid system for playership but RSE has not been dominating in the votedrawing.

Disgaea 3
Writers: Under 5/20
Accessability: Problomatic. It's on the PS3, which has low market penetration with the DL as it stands. Easy to find as a game though.
Vote potential: Below average
Current potential: Extremely low
Notes: PS3's going to be a hard system to rank games from.

Tales of Vesperia
Writers: Under 5/20
Suggestors: ?
Acessability: Problomatic. Better than the PS3 at least!
Notes: No ranking issues other than the usual ARPG headaches and getting people to play a 360 RPG.

Persona 4
Writers: 5/20ish
Suggestors: 5
Acessability: Easy to find
Notes: Idea for the future, pretty much. It's not ready yet. I do like the strong fan support here, but P3 if nothing else shows that Persona games (What the fuck) do have DL potential. It'll just take some kicking to get enough writers.

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters
Writers: 11/20
Suggestors: 0
Accessability: Unknown
Notes: Cool game for the characters, but it's not the most interesting cast. Revya's a headache as well. Internal's not bad by any means.

Xenosaga 3
Writers: 12/20
Suggestors: 2 (One FW nod for Allen)
Accessability: Unknown, assumed to be easy to find
Notes: Copy and paste my thoughts from last time. No real movement or changes.

Radiata Stories Forgotten Warrior: Jack Russell
Writers: 10/20
Notes: It's not *bad* in any one area in terms of playership/rankability, but it doesn't blow me away either. Jack's stronger than the rest of RS for draw thanks to the way the game's recruiting system works.

Barkley: Shut up and Jam
Writers: 5/20ish
Art: Unknown
Accessability: Easy to find, freeware game
Vote potential: Well below average
Notes: Manages to make Hoshigami look like a good idea.

Kingdom Hearts FW: Sora
Writers: 11/20ish
Current potential: Average
Notes: It has no drawing or art concerns, that's for sure. Is it RPG enough/Disney problems/ARPG concerns have always been the issue holding the game back.

Others:

Ar Tonelico 1
Brave Story
Tales of Symphonia 2
Jeanne De Arc
Growlanser 2
Growlanser 5 *Waves to Revvy*
DQ 4 FW: Esturk/Estarc
Sword of Mana Bosses
FF12 FW: Larsa
LPT FW: Prier
Enchanted Arms
Last Remnant
Mother 3
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:02:34 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 03:19:13 AM »
Mana Khemia and Naesala.

Sora, Jack, MMXCM, and SO1 all have fair cases, but WA5 feels like the strongest of that group. I just don't have a lot of faith in MMXCM's ability to do well on site in spite of the fantastic internal.

Naseala deserves to make it in regardless, so switching my vote now that CM's pulled away a little.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:43:05 PM by superaielman »
-------------------

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 03:21:59 AM »
Mana Khemia and Wild ARMs 5.

Sora, Jack, MMXCM, and SO1 all have fair cases, but WA5 feels like the strongest of that group. I just don't have a lot of faith in MMXCM's ability to do well on site in spite of the fantastic internal.
This. WA5 is looking good enough, and MK... apparently is being played by a lot of people outside the DL? I might have to pick this up after I finish P4 and WA4.

EDIT: You know what? Naesala narrowly missed last time, and WA5 is not as good as it could be. So Naesala FW and Mana Khemia.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:44:53 AM by Ultradude »
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
Re: Season 49/50 Rankings: Preliminary topic: Now open!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:27:30 AM »
Naesala and Megaman X Command Mission.

This is entirely based off not liking WA5 for the DL! Yay! Also Mana Khemia because that's the cool thing now~ EDIT: The cooler thing is of course supporting OK.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:00:07 PM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:29:19 AM »
There are three games that are not "Elfboy hits you for seriously thinking this is a top two pick this time": Mana Khemia, MMXCM, and WA5. So let's look over them:

Internal: MMXCM > MK > WA5. Small gaps, though. WA5 is the one I've heard least about new people potentially picking up.

Dueller interest: WA5 loses. Prettty straightforward here, WA5 only has one to three remotely interesting PCs, depending on who you ask. Bosses are nifty but similar in some cases.

Suggestions: MK >> WA5 > MMXCM. Suggestors is kind of a small, limited sample space, but it's still worth noting.

Sales/external: None of the three gives me any reason to be impressed, although a slight nod to WA5 for at least being from a proven DL series.

Honestly, I've played all three, and would be happy enough with any of them in the DL. I don't feel particularly strongly on the call I need to make, here. But that said... WA5 has no real argument over MK that I can see. A vague feeling of "Wild Arms 1-4 >>> Atelier Iris and Ar Tonelico" isn't really good enough to tip the fact that MK wins every else. So MK's in, and I'm left with WA5 vs. MMXCM. Two writers vs. two suggestors. Duelling interest vs. possibly more reliable external. I really am not sure, this is close. When in doubt, internal is my Most Important Category, so I'll go with that for now, but I am very open to arguments here.

In conclusion:
Mana Khemia
Mega Man X Command Mission

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 03:44:17 AM »
My votes are MK and WA 5. Good internal, with likely decent enough external power. But additional thoughts on the rest.

MMXCM- My thought is that anyone outside of the core group may not really even know this game exists! I had never originally heard about it until somehow posted as "Why isn't there a stat topic" topic ages ago, and never see it mentioned anywhere else really. Wouldn't no it if it got to the next round. Can't see the 2 extra writers it brings over WA 5 as enough to make it stronger now. Possible vote for next time.

SO 1r- Would be nice eventually. The core 4 at least should eventually be able to grab decent drawing between the two releases, and are interesting enough.

WA:XF- My likely vote for next time. Decent internal gains, well liked, interesting duellers, and a decent test for the PSP (Granted, not like there are many other things that would depend on that test...).

Pokemon D/P- I'd take RBY pokemon over this. Better well known and draw better, I'm sure.

Disgaea 3- Suprised it got on the main list, given no suggestors and PS 3 having next to no penetration. Sounds like it's not even that well received in some ways?

ToV- Better than D3 by a little (Someone...at least cared to topic it), although XBox+ARPG.

Persona 4- Definetely something to look at in a few ranking cycles. Only 5 writers though? Seems low.

Soul Nomad- Seems more like a non-fitting DL game. Out for several years are no one has cared to really even attempt to topic it implies either that or no strong caring?

Xenosaga 3- Blah, still need to get Allen notes. I don't care any which way. Well, I like the duellers, but given how badly the game is generally received...

RS FW- Very for it! Jack is cool/good write up bait/strong/well known.

Barkley: Shut up and Jam- Lol.

Kingdom Hearts FW- As always, no visible numbers is that a nail in the coffin for me
...into the nightfall.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 04:28:19 AM »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 05:40:42 AM »
My votes are Mana Khemia and... hell, WA5 and MMXCM both look like they need another ranking period.... Well, FW Jack isn't getting any better, and he's decent. My vote goes to RS FW Jack.
Votes are for Mana Khemia and FW Naesala.

WA5 and MMXCM both look fine. They'll probably be good in a ranking period or two. Naesala looks good Now.

SO1(r) - This one surprises me, though it seems like it will eventually be a good addition.

Dis3, ToV, anything on PS3/360 - Not yet. Despite my fanvoritism, not ready at all.

WAXF gets my strong support for any soonish ranking.

Pokemon DPP - I don't even know what we'd ranking from this? Just the starters? Aren't all the legendaries from this one hidden or something weird like that?

Persona 4 - Will probably sweep the next ranking session over WA5, MMXCM, WAXF, and SO1. Not worried about it not getting in.

Soul Nomad - hahahhahaha. It doesn't have a chance. Awesome game, and I'd love to see it in the DL if we could sludge throug h the interesting interp calls, but those interp calls are going to forever hold it back. Equipment being dependant on Room (though maybe you could consider Rooms a kind of equipment in themselves), equipment being consumable, which skills can be considered unique to a PC, whether PCs can use different skills in the same battle (OB style), whether a character should be allowed to use their unique 'Field skills' as the leader of a unit, whether a leadered unit should be allowed generic mooks as a kind of 'equipment' similar to Rooms (maybe a closer example would be boss support?), whether to rank temps like Kotaro... all of these things COULD be ironed out, but it would be somewhat arbitrary. As a side note, I've tried to have this conversation about a possible stat topic for SN a few times, but people don't answer their PMs...

XS3 - *shrug* it's ready, but there are better options.

KH FW Sora - like this, which despite all its headaches is at least a good draw. How many of those do we have?

Ar Tonelico 1 - Rank the RTs and Lyner!
Brave Story - Not really noteworthy compared to other PSP options.
Tales of Symphonia 2 - Not ready in the least, and once there's a stat topic, people might vote on these forms for the ranked characters from this anyway.
Jeanne D'Arc - Spelling fixed! I've discovered this game has a niche fanbase I would have never guessed it had. According to the stat topic though, most of the duellers can't break Light. If you wanted to make Light more serious, you could rank a few of these guys... don't think it's going to happen.
Growlanser 2 - Not a bad option in terms of interesting duellers, but just doesn't have the fans... sadly. (GL fan's heart breaks)
Growlanser 5 - I think this has a slightly higher playership, smaller cast, and better overall gameplay. Not sure it translates to the DL better. Tal and I need to finish this stat topic... >.>;;
DQ 4 FW: Esturk/Estarc - I'm ambivalent towards this one. Doesn't hurt anything, doesn't have a lot going for it either...
Sword of Mana Bosses - Don't know anything about this.
FF12 FW: Larsa - I'd be in favor of this, along with a boss rank or two, just to get all of our requisite numbered FFs ranked (and promptly forgotten about, hi FFX2!)
LPT FW: Prier - Good writeup bait, decent playership, decent internal, reminds me of Jack in a lot of ways.
Enchanted Arms - 360 RPG not ready yet.
Mother 3 - Ooh. This is a really good option. Why aren't we considering this more seriousl- oh right, emulator-only. Hmm... SD3 isn't exactly amazing on draw... but it's not bad. Mother 3 might be another SD3-level rank.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:48:18 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 05:41:31 AM »
Wild Arms V
FW: Naesala (FE9)

I'm not giving up on Naesala, dang it.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 05:46:28 AM »
I'll go for Mana Khemia and Command Mission, myself. Elfboy more or less nailed the reasons why.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 07:07:39 AM »
Mana Khemia - Definitely supporting this one.  Reasons are obvious and have been said before.

Wild ARMs 5 - Throwing my other support here, I guess.  Not exactly the best DL game, but it's probably the most ready.  MMXCM is just behind it.

Megaman X Command Mission - Good internal, but it seems like people outside the DL aren't too interested.  Though, maybe next time?

Star Ocean: First Departure - Meh.

Wild ARMs: XF - More people need to play this.  Hopefully it'll be ready next time.

Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl - I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been picked up more.  Oh well.

Disgaea 3 - PS3/10

Tales of Vesperia - XBox360/10

Persona 4 - More people need to play this too!  Better rank than P3!  Hopefully it'll be ready in one of the upcoming periods (maybe the one after next if not next).

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters - Complete psyduckery in the DL.  No.

Xenosaga 3 - Meh.  All the PCs are already ranked and the bosses aren't that interesting.

Radiata Stories Forgotten Warrior: Jack Russell - No.

Barkley: Shut up and Jam - Yeah not supporting this but don't really mind.

Kingdom Hearts FW: Sora - No.

Others:

Ar Tonelico 1 - Yeah not seeing this happening.  (Though the RTs are interesting duellers!  In a psyducky kind of way.)
Brave Story - Odd choice.
Tales of Symphonia 2 - Too new if nothing else.
Jeanne De Arc - Meh.
Growlanser 2 - UNO FINISH THE STAT TOPIC
Growlanser 5 *Waves to Revvy* - Hey it could be cool (haha not happening).
DQ 4 FW: Esturk/Estarc - Who?
Sword of Mana Bosses - ...what the hell?
FF12 FW: Larsa - YES!!1
LPT FW: Prier - Meh.
Enchanted Arms - Know nothing about it.
Mother 3 - Japanese only!  Real winner there!

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 09:15:06 AM »
MK, Naesala FW

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 01:14:39 PM »
You people haven't even mentioned the best choices yet...

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: Chapter One of the Hoopz Barkley Saga
The game is short and easy to find, particularly because it's free.  Seriously, this is a better idea here than anything else, merely because the potential exposure is amazing.  It also has interesting characters, and the chance to have some more historical characters ranked (BARKLEY VS RASPUTIN!!!!!).  Great game.
To rank: Charles Barkley, Balthios James, Cyberdwarf, Hoopz Barkley, Vincebourg, Michael Jordan.  Others...mmm...the bosses are maybes - this gets the main group.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Another excellent game.  DS is up and coming, and the game gives us some very popular characters to throw into the RPGDL (Mario vs. Sonic!  Again!  For the 900000th time!).  The fighters are also all very interesting in their own rights, and it's a good cast.  Bosses are...bleh, but doable.
To Rank: Sonic, Amy, Tails, Cream, Big, Knuckles, Shadow, Shade, Rouge, Robotnik.  Ixy is...eh, probably not that memorable, but rankable.  Have to remember the other bosses first >_>

I'll post real choices later >_>
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:27:00 PM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
As for the other PATHETIC options this session...

Mana Khemia
Excellent option, but worse than Barkley.  Think it's high up there, though - could definitely be up next session.  Cast sounds interesting (I need to sit down and play it >_>), and the demand is there.  Good choice, but Barkley is better.
To Rank: PCs, the 3 bosses I've heard about.  Final I'd have to see.

Wild ARMs 5
PC cast is much less cool than Sonic.  Boss cast...is a bunch of clones, mostly.  The game is overall a good DL fit...but the PCs are so sucky.  And Volsung gets split, as does Avril.  It's not the best on combat prowess, but the write-ups are decent, and it gives us more Godlikes.  And hey, decent enough votedraw, it's just always going to be in the shadow of WA4.  Another excellent choice, overall, but I wish it were better cool-wise.
To Rank: Rebecca, Dean, Avril, Greg, Chuck, Carol, Kartikeya, Persephone, Nightburn, Volsung, Fereydoon, Elvis.

Megaman X Command Mission
Unknown the effect of external.  I have no idea how well this is played in the world around (I suspect it might be better played in the MM fans, who might not frequent the DL).  Still, much cooler PC cast than WA5, and the bosses also have quirks themselves.  This and Mana Khemia would be my choices this time if the better Barkley and Sonic weren't here - interesting, decent potential, etc.
To Rank: X, Zero, Axl, Marino, Massimo, Cinnamon, Redips, Ferham, Scarface, Shadow, Botos, Epsilon.

Star Ocean: First Departure
Future idea.  Needs more players.  Granted, there will be split between SO1o and SO1r (I...need to get to finishing that SO1o topic), and the new characters...will be interesting to see.  I'll pick up the remake at some point, I think.  Anyway, a good option later, but not enough now.  
To Rank: Ratix, Milly, Ashlay, Cius, Dorn, Fear, Iria, Joshua, Marvel, Perisie, Ronixis, Tinek.  No idea on the new PCs.  Jie Revorse maybe...really need to refresh my memory on the game's plot.

Wild ARMs: XF
Much cooler than WA5.  This might be up next time.  PSP games are cool.  Overall, has a neat cast, new forms for ranked people (ASGARD), and the interest is there.
To Rank: PCs, bosses.  Too lazy to write them all out now. 

Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl
POKEMON.  Maybe.  Just...other stuff now.  We'd rank...legendaries and starters?  They're starting to get boring to me >_>  Anyway...if the internal/external is ok, then this will be good.  But not yet.

Disgaea 3
Maybe later.  Next gen is death now.

Tales of Vesperia
See above.

Persona 4
This will be P3.  Might be ready by DLCon time.  Excellent game, cool fighters, new tricks, and a rankable main!

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters
Need to play more of this, but...not seeming likely.

Xenosaga 3
I think this should be ranked at some point.  Really.  At least let's get the hot bosses and temps in >_>  Just...other stuff is always a better idea!

Radiata Stories Forgotten Warrior: Jack Russell
Not a bad option, better stuff now with more people, etc.

Kingdom Hearts FW: Sora
See above.  

Others:

Not yet.  Or ever in some cases.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:37:36 PM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Ayra

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »
I... Lots of stuff I haven't played on that list :(

About the "Next-gen is death now", how come? Nearly no one here has a PS3 or an X-Box 360 or a Wii? That sucks, I was really hoping to see Star Ocean 4 some time after it comes out this month (Assuming it's as awesome as the others anyway). Me it's a PSP and a DS I don't have. Anyway, here goes for the list from those I've played...

Anyway, from that list I give a vote to Xenosaga III and Star Ocean: First Departure. Also give a "why not?" to Jack.

If it wasn't for the whole "game has flopped" thing, I'd put a vote for Enchanted Arms. I enjoyed the game, the characters have easy write-ups, and the mechanism are very DL-friendly. I'd also put a vote for Operation Darkness but I might be the only one who actually liked that game, and last time I made the suggestion it got pretty much laughed out at so I won't put it again :)
So many games, so little time...

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 02:19:32 PM »
Well, it'd be at least six months before SO4 would likely be considered, even if it was a PS2 game. (At least, I think only one or two games have managed to get halfway decent internal within six months, enough so that people could reasonably write for them.)

But yeah, install base tends to be less in general for people when it comes to the 300 and 400 dollar consoles, and the Wii just managed to have terrible RPG draw. Still, something could happen in the next six months, you never know.

As for me...

Mana Khemia and Megaman X Command Mission.

This is entirely based off not liking WA5 for the DL! Yay! Also Mana Khemia because that's the cool thing now~

Yeah, that works.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

IhatethisCPU

• When I get hit in the face, my body is taken over by the ghost of James Brown.
  • Denizen
  • ...Good night, and Gods help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 02:54:24 PM »
Hello again. >_>'

All for MK and MMXCM.

P4: Next go-round.

ToV... Might bring in outside voters/ people who haven't been here before/people who aren't too cheap to upgrade to a current-gen system... next time, probably.

WA5: Do we really need to rank WA4 skill-sets with different avatars? >_>

Soul Nomad: ...Grr. Game and character-wise, I'd say rank it ASAP, but...

PSP/DS games: I have no handheld, so I have no opinion.

D3: No PS3. Don't plan to ever ever own a PS3.

XS3: Rank Ziggy and Vergil. That's it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:07:59 PM by IhatethisCPU »
You wanna know when I'm gonna be there?
I'll tell you EXACTLY when I'm gonna be there...

When you least expect it.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »
WA5: Do we really need to rank WA4 skill-sets with different avatars? >_>

If that aptly described WA5, it would be a BETTER rank than what it is now.

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 05:16:50 PM »
Mana Khemia
Naesala forgotten warrior

Edited to change to Naesala. Wish I could just say FE10 in general and get him there, but this works for now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 05:58:32 PM by alanna82 »

Sir Donald 3.2

• Wanting some Kingdom conquering
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 05:28:20 PM »
Just a little note:  Pokemon Platinum is slated for a March 23 release.  How this impacts votes is up to the voter.

As for the Legendaries:  You have the Lake Trio and the Dragons of Time and Space, as far as Main-Plot-Relevant.  As of Platinum, add the Dragon of Death.  (Who is Post-Game prior to.)

Post-Game include RegiGigas, as well as a one-off beast in a volcano, and a Lunar Swan connected to one of the 3 Gift-Only Legendaries (not including the Ranger Crossover).

Am wondering if including Pokemon who are Starters from the Gamecube games would count as a separate game or not.  Those would at least subvert the standard Grass-Fire-Water Trio.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 06:10:22 PM »
Mana Khemia and Command Mission.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Vortex Infinitum

• Less Than Legendary
  • Denizen
  • Should've been in SF4 instead of Rose
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 09:18:02 PM »
Naesala FW
Mana Khemia

Andemon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 09:41:29 PM »
Checked the numbers and various rating sites.

Tales of Vesperia seems to be far more popular than I expected, it utterly outranks (among others) WA5 and Dis3. External is more than ok, too bad about the internal.
MMX:CM seems to be fading into obscurity, doesn't seem worth ranking.
Persona 4 isn't ready yet.

Considering the internal, I can see only two acceptable choices:
Mana Khemia and WA5 FW: Naesala.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:01:34 PM by Andemon »

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »
I would LOVE to throw one pick for Barkley, since it's easily the best game (that's not persona 4) here but it's still not taken seriously as a game.

Mana Khemia

Mega Man X: Command Mission