Register

Author Topic: Polling the group 6  (Read 3032 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Polling the group 6
« on: February 14, 2009, 04:31:53 PM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10057
1. If you could rank just one person without question, who would it be? How realistic is this goal? For those that responded last time, was your selection last time ranked?

2. If you could rank one game without question or complaints, what would it be? How realistic is this goal? For those who responded to the last poll, was this game ranked?

3. What are you final thoughts on Not Ranked? (From the board tournament all the way to the final season/it's impact)

For the next three questions, use 5 if you're having trouble coming up with ideas.

4. Who are your favorite 10 godlikes?

5. Who are your favorite 10 heavies?

6. Who are your favorite 10 middles?

7. Who are your favorite 10 lights?

8. The more things change.. we're at 80-90 votes per week now. What would you do to improve this or make us more attractive to new voters?

9. What direction would you like to see the DL go in for ranks? We've gone from the high tide of 2007 to.. not a hell of a lot of late. What consoles should we target?

10. What DL game is next on your to play list? What DL game will you never play?

11. Since the last version of this topic (October 2007), a lot's happened. What's been your favorite moment? Your least favorite moment?

12.  Do you miss the high point (150 votes a week) of the board 8 flood?

13. What was the last match that really captured your attention? Did the person you were voting for/rooting for win?

14. Do you expect FFX to be the last Final Fantasy game the DL fully ranks?

15. Should we rank DQ5 slime y/n?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Taishyr

Re: Polling the group 6
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 05:08:22 PM »
Anything unbolded I haven't answered yet.

1. If you could rank just one person without question, who would it be? How realistic is this goal? For those that responded last time, was your selection last time ranked?

2. If you could rank one game without question or complaints, what would it be? How realistic is this goal? For those who responded to the last poll, was this game ranked?

If I could rank one game... no issue, have it see people voting on it? P2. >_> Aside from the obvious choice... mmm. Hell, WA:XF, sounds like it has cute duelers so I can't object. P2's highly unlikely unless it does a sweep of the board somehow, WA:XF no clue. Dark horse option is DW3 Hero/Baramos/Zoma, but yeah, that's unlikely.

3. What are you final thoughts on Not Ranked? (From the board tournament all the way to the final season/it's impact)

For the next three questions, use 5 if you're having trouble coming up with ideas.

Empyrea (Solid tank dueler in Godlike, doesn't mind my interps so much)
Kyogre (Some of the best damage in Godlike to me?)
Gilgamesh (flavor hype.)
Nate/Ellen
Cecilia (all three of these do "magic spoiling and x" sort of scenarios)
Rika (surprisingly brutal Godlike.)
Purim (Cecilia with different tricks.)
TimeLord (This is where super and I intersect on taste.)
Rashidi/Endora (granted, I have issues distinguishing between the two, so counting them as one here.)
Yunalesca (funny as all hell game, even when I'm not sure how to take Absorb.)

(Honorable Mention: T260G)

P2 Maya (this... is kinda obvious. >_>)
Hugo (Just a really cute fighter all-around.)
Artea (Staaaaaaaalllllllllllllll)
Worker 8 (Yep.)
Arnaud (Stallllllllll without healing?!)
Popoi (Elemental cannon!)
Gau (hehehe)
BoF1 Nina (Tricks! Tricks! Damage... nooooooot)
Lang (Damage of whoa and wut)
Sharon (Damage and speed of whoa and whut)

Marle (Trickstrickstricks dies to a decent physical.)
Ramza (I do the "any skill less than 350 in point cost" thing, so he's a Middle/Heavy borderliner. >_>)
BoF5 Nina (TARPTARPTARP)
Aigis (Physical damage of ".......", does not like competent lightning damage.)
Anastasia Romanov (Yeah. The status foolery amuses me, and she's not terribly incompetent outside of it.)
Junpei (Does some nice physical/fire spoiling, weak to uncommon element. Works.)
Dalton (buuuuuuuurp)
Mog (Snow. Muffler.)
Margarete (cool attacks!)
Luna (Actually has a cool game thanks to Sleep+Buffs+Healing!)

Honorable Mention: Pip (This being said, boot him.)

Peco (GIANT ONION)
Joker (FIRE FIRE FIRE)
Ace (STAB STAB STAB)
Spar (I allow the shamans, so.)
Mia (Defensive game!)
Quistis (Sure.)
Pikachu (2HKO damage! Speed! ...OHKOd by anything above average damage!)
Chidori (OHKO or face potential spoiling. >_>)
Flonne (Sure.)
Augst (Yep.)

8. The more things change.. we're at 80-90 votes per week now. What would you do to improve this or make us more attractive to new voters?

9. What direction would you like to see the DL go in for ranks? We've gone from the high tide of 2007 to.. not a hell of a lot of late. What consoles should we target?

DS/PSP for now. Gut says the newer systems still won't see much for a solid RPG base for a while.

10. What DL game is next on your to play list? What DL game will you never play?
Uhhh. Since MMXCM is close to being ranked, that. Aside from that... FFX-2 has only the FW and two alt forms, so ignoring that... Suikoden 2, probably? And Skies of Arcadia/FE9 are on the never play until I get a Wii list. >_>

11. Since the last version of this topic (October 2007), a lot's happened. What's been your favorite moment? Your least favorite moment?
Abstain from this.

Aside from you commenting on it, I never noticed.

13. What was the last match that really captured your attention? Did the person you were voting for/rooting for win?
Abstain.

Doubtful, but it's possible.

Rank DQs Slime. SLIMEALLAWWWYEAH (wait none get out of Light anyway).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:15:13 PM by Taishyr »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 05:13:40 PM »

OB Vampire. It isn't practical or realistic, but he's a pretty cool fighter. Varin was my pick last time. I've seen nothing to suggest he wouldn't work fine as a rank.

7th Saga. Unrankable? Old? Obscure? has a billion issues? Yes to all of the above. Still is a very, very cool PC cast. Last time it was FF3, which got CoD at least.

Went from a really fun touranment board idea to a good measuring tool for site numbers to a pain in the ass. I should've stopped it when we went into the ranking freeze in 07.

TimeLord
Orlandu
Melfice
Rashidi
Nate
Claude
Ramirez
Fujin
Luca Blight
Jenna Angel

Fogel
Cristo
Justin
Red
Galcian
Guy
Fogel
Ramsus
Wakka
Edge

Dekar
Lexis
Palom
Jude
Yulie
Vaynard (Antistatus+Counters making him antifighter+NDF comic relief)
Poco
Bowman
Slade
Nergal

Camus
Tia
Melville
Kid
Garet
Yam Koo
Porom
Starky
Brey
Algus

If I knew, I wouldn't be asking!

Portables. PS3/360 are not happening any time soon. DQ5, XF, that kind of thing.

Mana Khemia. ToP is the least likely game for me to pick up.

Favorite moment? DQ4r getting an english port (FINALLY) and becoming a viable DL game, or Melfice rightly trashing Songi's sorry ass. Maxim>>Menardi's up there as well. Least favorite? Zidane champing a season with Nergal, Jude, Poco, and Lexis in it. That sucked. Taya's efforts to make SF2 look as horrible as possible are up there as well.

Yeah, I liked having the voters.

Cristo/Id. I'm perfectly content with the result, even if I voted the other way. Why?

Season 23 Week 1 Heavy Cristo Defeated by KOS-MOS, 42 to 8

20 seasons ago, that would have been a slaughter.

FF13 has a chance. 11/12 won't ever be part of the league.

Y. I have to get DQ5 when it comes out.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 05:49:20 PM »

Uhm......hmmm. Black Rabite, just for the hell of it.

Not. At all.

No, Pogo wasn't ranked. Pity, LaL in the DL died down a lot as an idea since. Ah well.

Ehhh...let's go with Mother 3, I like the game stylistically enough and it has decent DL potential. Most of the stuff I've played recently is either ranked or unrankable one.

Uh..............You know, I have no idea. Probably never, but it's not *entirely* impossible that it could either get a port, or enough overall interest, or...something. Probably never, however.

Gen 4 isn't ranked, but it will probably be eventually. Some day.

Sadly, NR didn't work due to the simple reason that we ranked too much of it's stuff because, yeah, it was actually good ideas.

It was a great concept, and indeed, it worked wonderfully-early-as a testing ground, but as it degenerated more and more into obscurity, it just stopped working.

Retrospectively it was doomed from the start.

Having said that, it served a very useful purpose for quite a while. Assuming the DL will be around forever(not bloody likely, but there seems to be less general burnout at this stage than I really expected), it probably should make an appearance again some day, when we have a lot of questionable stuff on the table for ranking ideas.

In the meantime, we really should keep it around as a (less matches) forum tournament, if anyone actually cares, which I doubt anyone will for a while.

Note: Next answers are mostly copy/paste ripoffs from last topic with some random alterations; actually, most of them stayed pretty well liked. I'm bad at effort, so.

Ryu 3/Ryu 4/Mewtwo/Fou-Lu/Yuna/Yuri/Heat/Lady/Orlandu/Empyrea.

Lede/Rofel/Worker 8/Geno/Groudon/Nina 4/Princess Peach/Dycedarg/Sierra/Ultros.

Nelis/Wiegraf/Robo/Joachim/Venusaur/Mog/Lexis/Marle/Bowser/Blastoise.

Cleo/Rafa/Mallow/Draggy/Pikachu/Nina 3/Ard/Shady/Mukumuku/Big Joe.

If I knew, I would have said it by now. ._.

Inwardly popular niche games. They're the only remotely viable ideas left on the table, with S-E's massive stall and such. Well, there's a few remakes that might get games ranked that otherwise wouldn't be, but generally yeah.

Playing Persona 3. So.....that I guess? Mana Khemia, if that gets ranked.

...Probably not applicable, though I suspect I'm too lazy to play FE9 until I either get a Wii or really, really get bored.

Can't really think of much. It's a pity.

Kiiiiinda. 150 is gravy; What I miss is 110-120 or so. But that's because of the theoretical getting-more-people-on-forums thing that never really panned out anyways. So...eh.

Heat's run, especially the final match, where, yes, he won. I sorta vaguely hoped for it, and I didn't think Sephiroth had a hammerlock, but I was only expecting Heat to make it close, not actually win.

Deeeeepends on how long we run, now doesn't it? I figured we'd last until S50 until recently, but overall burnout seems lower than I expected. FF13 may well be rankable, so I *hope* FFX is not, but FFXIII is up in the air.

We're never fully ranking FF12. And you can't fully rank an MMO. >_> FF12 might see an FW boss some day, but that's all I really expect.

y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y.y. y.y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y.y. y.y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y.y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y.y .y .y .y y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y. y.

To fully show my devotion this line of ys was not copy-pasted.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10057
  Sora from Kingdom hearts, just rank him already. Who cares if all you see are bars, most games are converted to percentage for damage anyway. Should be realistic, but isnt here. I said RS Jack last time, and he wasnt ranked

2. If you could rank one game without question or complaints, what would it be? How realistic is this goal? For those who responded to the last poll, was this game ranked?  PHantasy Star 3! Not realistic, no, because this is what I said last time :P

3. What are you final thoughts on Not Ranked? (From the board tournament all the way to the final season/it's impact) I liked it. I liked actually voting on games I liked that were booted from the main site (Persona 2, Arc 4, PHANTASY STAR 3, and Suikoden scrubs) Some of my favorite in game characters are "scrubs and lesser used characters" I loved  not ranked for that. Hated the final season how you just seemed to give up in the middle of it, leading to many robs.

Ted
Chris Lightfellow
any other suikoden godlike

Kharg (yay to avoiding the boot this time Kharg)
Luc

cant think of any right now.

Shabon
Vaida (what, shes a fun light)
Soren
*insert X amount of punies*

8. The more things change.. we're at 80-90 votes per week now. What would you do to improve this or make us more attractive to new voters? I dont really care about votes, its almost more fun now that there are less votes

9. What direction would you like to see the DL go in for ranks? We've gone from the high tide of 2007 to.. not a hell of a lot of late. What consoles should we target? Nintendo DS. Getting Dragon Quest 5, Suikoden Tierkiris and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. (who wouldnt want to see Marth ranked?)

10. What DL game is next on your to play list? What DL game will you never play? Well WA2 and 3 I started, but WA2 stopped working on my PS2 and WA3 froze at a certain part when I tried to exit a town. I have WA4. So any of the WA games. I will never play Xenosaga and Ogre Battle. Oh and Brigandine since I heard its like Ogre Battle which I tried and hated.

11. Since the last version of this topic (October 2007), a lot's happened. What's been your favorite moment? Your least favorite moment? Favorite moment- Middle champ Menardi!!!!!!!
Least favorite moment- Shining force robbery

12.  Do you miss the high point (150 votes a week) of the board 8 flood? no, they made low vote draw awesome games draw poorer

13. What was the last match that really captured your attention? Did the person you were voting for/rooting for win? Menardi for middle champ. She won.

14. Do you expect FFX to be the last Final Fantasy game the DL fully ranks? Why would it be? Whats wrong with FF12? Great game. I scale FF12 PC's based on Starting licences.

15. Should we rank DQ5 slime y/n? DQ5 slime or just any DQ Slime? Fun Puny. YES rank it!

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »

Nega Filgaia. Realistic in that it has the vote power, unrealistic in that everyone would hate it to be ranked.
Or as an alternative give it as a legal form to beatrice considering it is her to an extent.

FF12. Not realistic as the game is hated and "apparently" has Pc and Boss problems. I can understand Pcs but what the hell is the problem with the bosses exactly.

Needs a makeover otherwise throw it out as its become near pointless. Maybe give some RPGDL dueler vs non ranked dueler every round to give it some spice. Bring back the write ups to make it more presentable.

Chaos
Malik Benedict
Melfice
Gilgamesh
Millenia

Zed
Justin
Lezard Valeth
Laharl
Boomerang

Virginia Maxwell
Yangus
Rasputin
Anastasia Romanov
Kresnik Ahtreide

Mullen
Euram Barows
Augst Henriksen
Palmer
Evil Gaia

Advertise more? Don't see what else can really be done.

For now target the PSP and DS as they seem to be getting a lot of RPGs lately, maybe even looking into non mainstream rpgs like dragneers aria and the like.

Final fantasy 4 is currently on hold, I'll finish it soon enough maybe when Zeromus gets in. I can't see the future so I don't know on what I won't play but proberly OB or something.

Not been around as much as usual. I'd have to think on this.

No feeling on it but more voting is usually good.

Menardi in all her middle matchs. Wanted to see hate beaten.

Why should it be exactly? FF12 has no real problems in ranking. What Pcs can be looked at differently? Oh so can FF8, suikoden, WA3 pcs. I'm sure I'm missing a few out but you get the point.

Not played the game.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 12:21:31 AM »
I'm drawing a blank. I haven't played anything that's new and rankable. I don't believe that ranking nothing is realistic >_> From my response before last time, I said Doll, and of course he wasn't ranked.

I haven't played anything that's new and rankable. Time before last I said Mystic Quest but it is incompatible with my current viewpoint. And no it wasn't ranked.

Those were good days. The concept as great as it is is fundamentally flawed though, because of the large proportion of not ranked that isn't ranked for a reason. For all of us who are sad that Dark Lord never got a chance to get in there are 90% of us that couldn't write for or vote on him anyway.

Time to go a-dredging. I make no promises as to the amount I find.

Indalecio
Fou-Lu
Jade
Ryu3
Claude Kenni
Rolf Landale
Rika

Ryu1
Cloud Strife
Agrias Oaks
Beowulf Kadmus
Nina4 Wyndia
Isaac
Hahn Mahlay
Zalbag Beoulve
Vyse
Nina1 Wyndia

Rena Lanford
Kyra Tierny
Elly Van Houten
Mary Argent
Chisato Madison

Aeris Gainsborough
S2 Nanami
Anna Zirski
PS2 Nei
Duessel
Amy Sage
Freed Yamamoto

Kill everything SNES-era or earlier that hasn't been remade on anything later than the GBA. Ideally there instead would be separate tournaments to cater for people that prefer the separate eras but there is nowhere near enough manpower for that.

If people are that desperate for new faces, they should go through the records and nominate people that have only turned up once and that was ages ago. Ranking should be done as and when it is appropriate. The amount of ranking should be a non-issue.

I haven't played any new, rankable RPGs so I can't say anything about console targetation.

Theoretically I'm still stalled on AtL1 and DQ4. Whichever is next is normally decided by Hatbot unless I get an overriding craving to play something (or a good reason like it just came out as per DQ4). I don't believe there are any games on the list that I never plan on playing if they become available to me.

Provide me a list of moments to dredge and I will be able to accomodate you. As things stand, I have no idea.

Considering it had no effect on me personally, not really? I didn't even know that had stopped.

They do not capture my attention I am afraid. I don't even remember THIS week's matches, aside from Cleo/Peco, and I voted last night. If I take that match as the one then I'm going for Cleo but I doubt she will win.

No.

Can't say until I've played it.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 01:30:14 AM »
1. If you could rank just one person without question, who would it be? How realistic is this goal?

Meracle (S04) Looks pretty like a pretty realistic goal so far, appears to be  a main PC

Star Ocean The Last Hope. Looks like a realistic goal following the successes of SO2 and SO3 in the DL

ALL HAIL RICHARD~

1. Lulu
2. Malik
3. Terra
4. Yuna
5. Fou Lu

1. Nel Zelpher (SO3)
2. Kika
3. Lyon
4. Feena
5. Wugui

1. Peppita (SO3)
2. Alice
3. Meru
4. Harle
5. Eiko

1. Aeris (FF7)
2. Lucia
3. Selphie
4. Relm
5. Yukari

Final Fantasy Tactics, hell if I know~

Nel getting another Heavy run, Peppita losing to Poco.

N/A?

Two matches really captured my attention recently - Nel vs Angela (Heavy), Eiko vs Magdalane (Middle) and yes both Nel and Eiko won. If I had to pick, Nel's win would be my favourite.

No.

~~~RANK SLIME!!!!!!~~
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:37:08 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 02:27:24 AM »

Arceus

BG2

Good board tournament that should maybe come back on the board. Moving it to the main site was smart at first because so many new games needed to be given a tryout. On-site NR started with a bang and slowly shriveled up as more and more games either got ranked or revealed to be pieces of crap unworthy of being given attention off of the tourney board. By the time super quit running it, it had jumped the shark, and Tonfa... dude, what the hell, man, how did you not realize that? You voluntarily took over the helm of a ship with a huge hole in the side.

FF3 and P3, respectively

Yes.

no

we'll skip FF12 but something rankable will come out after that

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:40:06 AM by Monkeyfinger »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 04:23:55 AM »

La Pucelle FW Prier. The whole LP cast would be too repetitive, but just one good dueller from the game to represent its battle system is good enough. And Prier's very memorable, good writeup-bait, and has a few cameos in other N1 games. In general, though, I think a lot of NR's best should get FWs ranked. Sora, Jack, SMTN Dante, PE Aya, maybe CV Alucard... seems like there should be a place for them.
Last time I hoped for an FW Reyvateil (Aurica or Misha, whichever's more popular, or both). It still gets mentioned every now and then, but it hasn't happened yet.

Jeanne D'Arc. Really fun PSP SRPG. Duellers have some interesting tricks and transformations and such, though nothing that gets most of them out of Light. I think it would really spice Light up.
Last time I hoped for FE9. And it got in. And now Naesala's up for ranking. So... twice!

I liked it. NR was really cool and a fun idea. A great testing ground. Something like it still needs to exist on the site somewhere. I propose a 'best of not-ranked bonus match'. Only, instead of two NR characters duelling it out for who has fewer fans, you could pit a NR fighter against a Ranked fighter. Call it "Revenge of NR" or something... >.>
Basically, an NR dueller would be rolled up (from the current pool or from a nom pool) and pitted against a ranked fighter (a la Cmdr's Tourney of interest). This match would be posted under the bonus section after Light, and set up to look just like regular matches with writeups and art, ideally. If the NR dueller wins, a new random (from the correct division obviously) Ranked dueller would be rolled up to be the next week's opponent. If the Ranked dueller wins, a new NR dueller is rolled up to be their opponent. In this way, the format is always NR vs. Ranked (unlike the Tourney of Interest). It's also always a bonus match as there's no way to declare a season's 'champion'.
Still, it's only one extra match a week (or biweekly... or even once a season, maybe on finals week since there's already so few matches?) and it gives us a chance to test out new games on-site or a chance for people to nom their old favorites. I think this could help the site grow as well if people are given a chance to nom their favorite NR picks.

Elc (AtL2) Godlike
Fou-lu (BoF4) Godlike
Rika (PSIV) Godlike
Chris (S3) Godlike
Tir (Suikos) Godlike
Zelos (ToS) Godlike
Lenneth (VP) Godlike
Citan (XG) Godlike
Zed (WAF) Godlike
KOS-MOS (XS1) Godlike

Not in that order.

Shu (AtL2) Heavy
Rei (BoF3) Heavy
Millenia (G2) Heavy
Leo (Lunar2) Heavy
NeiFirst (PSII) Heavy
Jowy (S2) Heavy
Ted (S4) Heavy
Lyon (S5) Heavy
Raquel (WA4) Heavy
Arngrim (VP) Heavy

Jessica (Lunar) Middle
Nei (PSII) Middle
Ashton (SO2) Middle
Arche (ToP) Middle
Philia (ToD) Middle
Sheena (ToS) Middle
Virginia (WA3) Middle
Arnaud (WA4) Middle
Bart (XG) Middle
Natalia (TotA) Middle

Flonne (Disgaea) Light
Serra (FE7) Light
Josh Kain (PSII) Light
Chisato (SO2) Light
Bleu (ShF1) Light
Mallow (SMRPG) Light
Keele (ToE) Light
Yumei (VP) Light
Shiho (VP) Light
Mariel (WAACF) Light

again, none of these are in order...

The DL is more of a social crowd than just a voting site, but there are still some casuals. To increase the number of hard-core voters, though, we need to make the DL easier to find. In my experience, I remember that I kept stumbling across the DL whenever I was searching for obscure art/information on RPGs. So what the DL should do is upload more art of obscure RPG characters!
No, wait, that isn't right...
The answer is the stat topics. We're moving in the right direction with the wiki, but I think if you want to increase traffic, the stat topics should get more emphasis on the site. They are interesting. Especially the ones with commentary on the individual duellers and their skillsets. Maybe just linking to the wiki is fine, but having them on the proper site will make them show up on Google searches more often.

Speaking of Google searching, the DL actually can pull some decent search numbers when you search for obscure RPG characters. In fact, the DL should stop abbreviating so often as it's hurting the search engine numbers. Anything that shows up on a page 1 google search is going to increase DL traffic. And the more people that actually -see- the DL, the greater the chance that one of them will be a hardcore RPG fan. And hardcore RPG fans are our only source of new hard-core voters/forum members.

Just some basic testing on Google. Here's where the DL ranked for various obscure-ish things.

"Vaynard RPG" - #5 (DL profile)
"Dryst RPG" - #3 (Brig: GE stat topic... what?)
"Jogurt RPG" -#10 (DL FAQ)
"ramladu RPG" -#7 (DL match results)
"scythe riebauer" - #4 (DL match results)
"chisato madison" -#17 (BTS)
"chisato madison RPG" -#2 (DL profile page)
"arc eda ricolne" -#2 (DL match results page)
"jessica d'alkirk RPG" -#7 (Profile)
"jessica lunar RPG" - #38 (ouch, match results)
"Lyner Barsett RPG" - #6 (NR results page)

As much as I hate to admit it, the less-popular games are going to be what we can use to increase our notoriety. I'm not saying we should RANK more of these games, but we should at least MENTION them on the site somewhere (thinking stat topics... or "NR vs. Ranked" matches/profiles would be the least inoffensive way of doing this).

I seriously think that every week's match results pages should start including the full title of the duellers' games, at the very least.

I think we should just rank more FWs, honestly. The DL is bloated. Ranking new things is fun, but the roster is unwieldy. Having lots of games to vote on is fun, but trying to memorize every dueller in every cast (especially the larger ones) is pretty difficult, and the stat topics aren't perfect (or referenced directly from a dueller's profile, which would make voting so much quicker). FWs allow us to keep game diversity without endangering voting rights.

That said, there are definitely some good things to rank from the handhelds (WAXF, FFT:LW, TotW, TWEWY, FFTA2, PKMNDPP, SuikoDS, VPDS, CCFF7, DQ5, MK:AoAR, FE1r, JDA). Not all of those are great, but at least there's a pool to choose from.

Apart from those, I'd say XboX360 is in the lead for home consoles. At least some of those games have stat topics. (ToV, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon... and Last Remnant sold pretty well at least).

Still playing SaGa Frontier... but after that, I'm looking at Seiken Densetsu 3.
The games I keep avoiding are Vandal Hearts and Baldur's Gate.

Ugh, tired. Will think about this later.

I wasn't really here for it. But I don't think having a large amount of casuals is great. I'd much prefer just having a higher number of regulars/devoted forum posters. They're more likely to vote fairly, one. And two, more discussion is more fun. Also, I support the idea of making the site primarily for the devoted forum-goers, but trying to allow the site to still be accessible to casuals (though not devoted to them).

Too tired to think about all the specific matches since the last time this topic came about. Maybe later. Just noting that I generally try to focus on one match per week that I really care about and sort of just read the discussions on all the others. It's more exciting that way.

Isn't FFTA2 rankable? I don't know, haven't played it yet. FF12RW? They are on a system that we weren't ranking games from, but I think both of those sold decently well... and have rankable casts. CCFF7 could be ranked... except for Zack, of course. Though he might be good for some sort of Tourney? (Twink League?!)

Emphatic Yes.

Lady Ashe

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 04:36:19 AM »

Zack Fair. Not entirely unrealistic, as Crisis Core is pretty much *the* must play game on the PSP. Of course, it's still the PSP, which is getting better but isn't great. His stats are average but he has a ton of cool skills and resistances. He's a good dueller, plus he's just an awesome character as well.

Crisis Core, obviously. For something that wasn't already covered in the above question, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. PCs + Act Bosses. Not at all realistic, sadly. Lack of damage numbers + PC WRPG. It's really a shame. Love the game.

Wasn't around for the start of it, but I would love to see it come back as a board tournament again.

Yuna, Lady, Raquel, Yuri, Guv

Arnaud, Laharl, Janus, Jr, MOMO

Tear, Scythe, Jeane, Viki, Ricardo

Jogurt, Snowe, Luke, Augst, Nanami

Not much that can be done aside from advertising more. I make the B8 topic but aside from the usual four or so people nobody ever posts.

PSP and DS. Suikoden, Valkyrie Profile, DQ5/6 and Fire Emblem. All of them series already represented in the DL, all on the DS. PSP has SO1, Crisis Core, and eventually Agito XIII. Both of them also have a ton of love from Atlus and N1 but none of them are particularly realistic. (Maybe Devil Survivor but that won't even be out until June)

For home consoles, not really much to go on at this point. The 360 has RPGs but aside from ToV none of them are really worth hyping. The PS3 only has a few but they're actually noteworthy. The Wii just isn't an RPG system. Our best bet for now is to keep milking the PS2 until it's dry and see what we'll do from there. Unfortunately there are only two PS2 RPGs still to go so this will probably mean going with more questionable ideas like we are this season.

Haha, with the way I play games this is a silly question. Suikoden II is the best bet though. I've also found myself consistently tempted to skip right to S5, as I've been hearing a lot of hype for it lately. MMXCM is a possibility as well, assuming it gets in.

I'll probably never play anything that gets talk of being booted simply because I'll be wasting my time for when they inevitably do go. Other than that, Saga Frontier. Not fun at all.

FFXIII is on multiple consoles. The game's combat/leveling systems are the only things that can possibly keep it out aside from the DL dying, and there's no way to tell until we get more info from Squenix.

**** yes. Even if we don't rank most of the human cast because of three-way splitpath or whatever, rank slime.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 04:41:51 AM »
Ashe: The board 8 topic does get new people to vote and pay attention to the site, so it helps. Thanks for that.
-------------------

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 05:09:09 AM »
1.  Arceus.  Note how he has been in every Futurama since DPP came out.  This is never, ever happening (whooo Gen 4 promotional!).  I suggested Sora the past few times.  He is still not ranked.

2. Hmmm.  Probably KH?  God knows if I'll ever put real effort into getting it ranked.  Answered Gen 4 last time, it's still not ranked.

3. Well, you got me doing your bloody data entry, so clearly I hated NR and everything it stood for.  More seriously, getting to gives games the full bells and whistles without the drama of ranking was nice.  I'd like to think we could still do an NR season once a year or something, but we'll see.

4. Skip
5. Skip
6. Skip
7. Skip

8. I wouldn't change a thing.  We're holding steady, and as long as we aren't hemmoraging regular, dedicated members I'm not going to get worked up over vote totals.

9. At the moment none of the consoles are satisfactory, and what's getting the best DL-type games is the PSP (SO1r and XF at the least).  So really I'd like to see some more proliferation there.

10. Currently playing Shining Force 2.  There's... no game I'd never play.  However, I can't see myself playing Seiken Densetsu 3 unless it got a proper localization and port, simply because I can't motivate myself to emulate these days.

11. Cloud of Darkness getting in and performing up to expectations was nice.  Suggest that the DS at least is a viable platform for future ranking efforts.  Beyond that I havent been paying all that much attention.

12. Nope.

13. N/A

14.  Yes.  It's been over 8 years since FFX, and in the time since we've gotten an MMO, the License Board, and a multitude of spinoffs that, while not bad, are not in the rankable vein and completely fail to capture the DL's interest.  It says something that the best of them is a game with a super-customizable solo ARPG protagonist.  The fact is the core writing group just does not give a damn about the series at this point in time, and it will take a dramatic reversal from the current developmental philosophies in the series to change that.  One I don't expect.

15. m (for 'maybe').  It's definitely an awesome idea but I'd want to see how DQV works first hand first~
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 10:14:14 PM »

Kletian, just like last time. He didn't get ranked, but I still see it as a pretty realistic goal. He's received a bit more exposure through Lion Wars, and he's got a pretty unique skillset in his game, as the only Sorceror. I still hope it happens.

Hmm... no idea, I'll think about it.

A neat idea, but it just seems to have died off. Probably better off without it.

1. Ted (S3) - Owned Ryu 3. OWNED.
2. Kyogre (PKMN)
3. Sephiroth (FF7)
4. TimeLord (Saga)
5. Melfice (G2)
6. Miguel (CC)
7. Dhaos (ToP)
8. Luca Blight (S2)
9. Piastol (SoA)
10. Yunalesca (FFX)

1. Regal Bryant (ToS) - MIRAGE HYPE! MIRAGE HYPE!
2. Alex (Lunar1)
3. Wakka (FFX)
4. Arnaud G. Vasquez (WA4)
5. Drachma (SoA)
6. Zalbag Beoulve (FFT)
7. Edge (FF4)
8. Juan (S3)
9. Zemeckis (Brig)
10. Ephraim (FE8)

1. Twaikin (S3) - Needs another try! Awesome dwarf tank!
2. Amarant Coral (FF9)
3. Jessica d'Alkirk (Lunar1)
4. Bart Fatima (XG)
5. Guy Cecil (TotA)
6. White Rose (Saga)
7. Nash Rumack (Lunar1)
8. Balk (FFT)
9. Vormav Tingel (FFT)
10. Jude Maverick (WA4)

1. Augst Henriksen (WA4) - Counters, lol.
2. Bartre (FE7)
3. Ramus Farmain (Lunar1)
4. Pikachu (PKMN)
5. Big Joe (XG)
6. Lowen (FE7)
7. Ace (S3)
8. Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (WA2)
9. Rude (FF7)
10. Tai Ho (Suikos)

Uhh... I think we're doing fine as is, really. We have dedicated internal voters, and 80-90 vote total is, truth be told, better than I'd of thought. ;p

The 360 is becoming increasingly littered with new RPGs, some which I can definitely see as rankable, such as Eternal Sonata, or Lost Oddysey. We could probably do without them, to be honest, but as fat as the question goes, it'd be worth exploring.

I guess Mana Khemia. It's gonna be ranked soon, and the next thing I had planned was Ogre Battle.

Favourite moment; Ryu 3 getting owned by Ted. OWNED.
Least favourite moment; It didn't BOTHER me per se, but Zidane's run was a bit elongated for my tastes. Good write-up material, atleast. ;p

Wasn't aware. ;p

Ted vs. Ryu 3. Fucking Ted WON. Did I mention it? I think I did. OWNED.

I see hope in 13, but otherwise, I'd think so.

Nah, no need, we already got Jogurt.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:17:14 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »
As a random notation; DQ5 Slime doesn't actually suck as a PC.

I mean, it's no Heavy or anything, but it's either a good Light or a solid Middle, depending on how you feel about level cutoffs on skills.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Ayra

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 03:39:32 PM »

Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles. Not realistic, not ranked obviously.

Valkyria Chronicles. Such a beautiful and wonderful strategy-rpg game. The characters all have neat personalities. However, it's on PS3, and most of the character traits are situation/environment dependent so not too DL-friendly. Welkin's tank would make for an AWESOME godlike though! Most likely going to be pushing for Star Ocean IV eventually though :)

I... don't know really. To be honest, I looked two or three times, saw no duellers that I had any sort of interest in and no interesting writeups there so I didn't bother with it afterward.

Lenneth Valkyrie (VPs)
Chris Lightfellow (S3)
KOS-MOS (XS)
Rika (PS4)
Deis (BoFs)
Piastol (SoA)
Ryu 2 (BoF)
Emily (S3)
Purim (SoM)
Rosa Harvey (FF4)

Nel Zelpher (SO3) - If she was a character in an horrible game, I'd probably still adore that game just because of Nel.
Nina 2 (BoF)
Lin (BoF5)
Fenril (OB)
Nephenee (FE9)
Ayla (CT)
Hrist Valkyrie (VPs)
Angela (SD3) - Sad she had to go against Nel, but oh well.
Cecil Harvey (FF4)
Lyn (FE7)

Katt (BoF 2)
Aika (SoA)
Isabel (S5)
Nina (BoF 5)
Rand (BoF 2)
Paine (FFX-2)
Florina (FE7)
Aelia (VP1)
Lise (SD3)
Rauny (OB)

Miranda (G3)
Taya (SF2) *snif*
Gares (OB)
Yushis (OB)
Cyan Garamonde (FF6)
Quistis Trepe (FF8)
Tellah (FF4)
Mist (FE9)
Sten (BoF 2)
Lelei (S5)

Well... I personally love things how they are right now. For the record, I've seen the link to here from someone's signature on gamefaqs, followed it and enjoyed it here. So "free publicity" like that can be useful to get some new members.

I'll be honest: I don't own a DS or a PSP and I don't really want one, either. So all the new stuff being discussed about being added is stuff I won't be able to vote on. I'll go against the grain and vote for X-Box 360. There's a few obviously DL-friendly games on there, and there's some surprising games that could work in the DL too. Like Mass Effect for example; surprisingly enough, it'd be very easy to make it fit under DL standard, interesting duellers and I don't see any issues (except Shepard not being rankable, of course).

Hum... I'm currently replaying Star Ocean III while I'm waiting for Star Ocean IV to come out; except that the rest of the games I plan on continuing to play/start playing aren't on the DL, like Valkyria Chronicles, Operation Darkness, Tales of Vesperia or Last Remnant. About what I'll never play... I'll likely never play any game from the DS or PSP. I'm also strongly considering not getting any more NiS titles: I love strategy games, but there hasn't been a single one of their titles that I really liked.

I don't think I was reading the forums by that point. Favorite moments... Rika surprisingly getting to the finals of Godlike. Also enjoyed Fenril's and Lin's runs, alongside Nel's current run (Nel for heavy champion!) Least favorite moment is Taya getting squished like that :(

I have no idea what's board 8. Number of votes isn't important to me, funny and witty writeups are. I know I'm neither funny or witty, but I still at least try to help out a bit by sending one writeup alongside with my misguided vote most weeks :) As long as there's writeups and that there's some games left I can vote on, I'll be here.

Fenril vs Cecil. Both honorable holy knights, both characters I love, and one I had a tons of writeup ideas for; unfortunately had to pick just one :) I think that Fenril merited to win that one and she did, though I wouldn't have been upset if she didn't.

Well, if most of the DL people don't considering getting the newer systems, I'd say it's safe to assume that no, none will be ranked.

No idea, haven't played.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:44:02 PM by Ayra »
So many games, so little time...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »

Last time, it was Chopin.  Not ranked, and probably a WHILE away from being ranked >_>

This time...I'd love to see Naesala ranked, but that doesn't count, since he is >_>  So...I'd love to see the frue Persona 4 final ranked.  This is somewhat realistic.  Much more likely than the P3 final >_>  A bit questionable, since I'd only say 2 bosses have an excellent chance of being ranked, while the frue final of P4 has some...issues.  But is perfectly rankable.

Last time, P3 which got in!  Awesome.

This time, I'd love to see Barkley.  How realistic is this?  Uh...

The tournament should return at some point.  Not now, though - most of it's already been said.  Board tournaments such as Futurama work well.

Well, outside of loads of propaganda and making things a bit more accessible (speaking of which...I had that DL FAQ for a while...no one ever got back to me on it >_>), we'd have to make things a bit more general.  I think the group is more important than the League itself, but...hey, keeping it where it is is nice.  And 80-90 votes is still good.  I think making it easier to understand and having a bit of general information for people to follow is helpful.

RANK BARKLEY.  We should, in my opinion, focus on older games.  And look at new games...I mean, RANK ETERNAL SONATA.

Mana Khemia, currently working through.  I've played every game, so the latter questions means nothing to me >_>

Other questions may get to later.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
Well, if most of the DL people don't considering getting the newer systems

I hate to spam up super's topic with commentary, but this line interested me (and I can't think of the last time you posted these sorts of comments... or at all!).  I tend to think it's not that the DL is completely against the next gen anymore (for a certainty, the initial release of the PS3 was met with much scorn and mockery here, but this is more due to Sony's poor attitude) so much as a 3/4/500 dollar console represents a significant investment, one that with the current spread of games on the systems feels unjustified.  that is to say, I might want to play Valkyria Chronicles or Tales of Vesperia, but neither console offers enough games to justify such an investment at this time.  Additionally, a good number of DLers already invested in a Wii, and aren't in a position to keep up with games on multiple consoles and still make system purchases on a routine basis.

Now that said, I think over time as price drops happen and more games come out this will probably solve itself.  I know that after its first price drop the 360 got a few more owners in the DL, and as more games come out for it that can only improve.  I expect to buy a 360 myself next year.  The Playstation 3 is still hurting because it's simply a higher price point, but I could see myself getting one with the right games announced (*coughKingdomHearts3*).  But yeah, I wouldn't expect to see any next gen game ranked within the next year, although a sudden surge of Wii ownership might net FE10 (More 360 owners could see ToV in, but that'd take a much bigger push as things stand)

This incidentally is why the DS and PSP get some love at the DL.  The lower price of admission, coupled with getting some of the DL staple series (DQ and FF remakes on the DS, SO portmakes and WAXF on the PSP) and a few other games here and there (pokemon, TWEWY) have simply given them a huge edge over their big brothers.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »

Still would like to see Roy. Still dunno how many people here have played FE6.

FE10, which might be the first next gen game ranked. Sadly, OGs weren't ranked, and never will be. They aren't even very welcome in board tournaments >_<

Fun, but not anything really necessary. Board tournaments should suffice unless we get a huge surge in membership.

Luis Virgil
Terra Branford
Chris Lightfellow
Mewtwo
Vandesdelca Musto Fende
Malik Benedict
Kratos Aurion
Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde
Piastol
Raquel Applegate

Galcian
Jack van Burace
Ultros
Drachma
Presea Combatir
Suicune
Ike
Saturos
Nel Zelpher
Ziggy

Nergal
Junpei Iori
Swampert
Beatrice
Zidane
Cecile
Sharon
Raine Sage
Lilly Pendragon
Aika

Colette Brunel
Landis
Vaida
Cyan Garamonde
Asch
Melody Vilente
Chidori
Rufus Shinra
Garet
Estella

Meh. Word of mouth/type of hand is how it goes. Not like we can purchase banner ads or anything. Could maybe do something with the front page, dunno what though.

Clear up some older games, and look at the handhelds. They're more played than the consoles of today, though Wii is looking like the next major console to rank character from.

Will probably play Mana Khemia, once I finish the laundry list of other games I'm in the middle of. If anything, I'll probably never play some of the older games like Shining Force, though I do plan on getting to Lunar eventually.

Favorite... Eirika winning Heavy, because it's an FE character winning a Heavy championship, I guess, though lots of other highlights. Aaand Colette still has a losing record. ;_;

Eh. It was nice seeing the massive votes Sephiroth got against Wakka way back when... otherwise, not something I'm too terribly missing really.

The Saturos and Cecilia matches so far this season, and they've both won twice now. YES. I am pleased by this. Now if only Cecilia and Ghaleon win their matches...

Ehm... dunno how good Tactics A2 is, but I wouldn't be surprised to at least see us get one of the spinoffs or something. And we still don't know where the franchise is going to keep going, so who knows, with such a powerhouse.

Yesyesyes. Slimes the world over must be represented in the DL. This is an absolute truth that you will not deny.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »
Don't mind the commentary at all Cmdr, it's interesting to read.

Valkyria Chronicles. Such a beautiful and wonderful strategy-rpg game. The characters all have neat personalities. However, it's on PS3, and most of the character traits are situation/environment dependent so not too DL-friendly. Welkin's tank would make for an AWESOME godlike though! Most likely going to be pushing for Star Ocean IV eventually though

I don't think I would either: Scale the Edelweiss to normal PC's or allow it myself, but that's just a kneejerk. Otherwise? Cool cast, but so boring in the DL. Scouts/snipers/engineers are all lights, and shock troopers may scrape heavy. The game's heavy focus on movement makes it almost not translate at all to the format. Seriously, Alicia is likely a worse fighter than even the scrub shock troopers, and that's sad.
-------------------

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 07:32:15 AM »

Was Jack last time, guess that hasn't really changed. It's not completely unrealistic (Which of course goes into my thought process in thinking who I care to rank).

Well, WA 5, I guess. Nothing strongly comes to mind at the moment.

That was an extremely painful and pathetic death knell it had.

Elc, Cecilia, False Althena, Rubicant, Violetta, Belial, Terra, Ellen (Basically champ powered who have yet to champ or quirky PCs)

Tosh, Garnet, Nel, Lang, Sharon, Deamoned, Dehaui (Upgrade bait on the last two and such)

Sania, Shante, Poco, Sharon, Nash, Ulf...basically any other upgrade bait.

Basically any upgrade bait.

No clue.

XBox360/PSP/DS are the most likely. PSP gives us like 2 games, and DS maybe 4, granted.

N/A. I played all of FF 12, so...

I have new favorite moments constantly. Anytime any dueller I like does well. Eileen finally upgrading! Claude finally getting a run together! Sania getting a few wins! A lot of new Godlike champs! Granted, most of those stick out because they just happened.

I miss...the DL being more vital. Granted, that's more of an on-board thing than an on-site thing.

Many matches really capture my attention quite often!

I'd say no if they actually decide to make a rankable game! But if they thought FF 12 was a good idea, who knows.

Ehhh. We don't exactly rank random monsters, unless I've missed the Boco ranking hype! Seriously, not before Boco.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 07:36:59 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

Taishyr

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 06:06:24 PM »

Ehm... dunno how good Tactics A2 is, but I wouldn't be surprised to at least see us get one of the spinoffs or something. And we still don't know where the franchise is going to keep going, so who knows, with such a powerhouse.

Speaking as the person putting the Tactics A2 topic together, it's complete "NR Bait", so to speak (...four or so PCs to "rank", two of whom will blow, and from one to three bosses). The most interesting stuff is the generics; multiple interesting tricks amongst them (and, like WA:XF, an item-using Godlike).

Ryogo

• DOC!
  • Denizen
  • Somebody call for a medic?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »

One person without question? Ummm... I'll come back to this one. I can't thing of a good person right now, but I'm tired so there's probably someone out there I want to see in here.

Persona 4. Its currently at the top of my favourite games list. P3 got ranked, P4 can get ranked too.

I liked voting on it. I think not ranked would be better off as more of a plot power/popularity contest though. Don't bother with extravagant roster systems and such, just let everyone nominate whoever you want to that you can think of, as long as their from an RPG of some kind. No retirements, no limits on how many people from each game, no divisions or etc. Just... a random tourney that's less strict on the rules and interps and more towards the shits and giggles side.

4. Who are your favorite 10 5 godlikes?
Chris Lightfellow
Yuna
Sephiroth
KOS-MOS
Yuri

5. Who are your favorite 10 5 heavies?
Nel Zelpher
Maya Amono
Ultros
Clive Winslett
Auron

6. Who are your favorite 10 5 middles?
Harle
Paine
Akihiko
Lilly Pendragon
Tear Grants

7. Who are your favorite 10 5 lights?
Flonne
Rude
Yukari
Joker
Kid

Not sure, really.

I own no system past the age of the PS2 (Other than my compy), so I can't really answer this. By the looks of things, handhelds are getting the most of the RPGs so keep eyes there.

DL game next on my list to play? Ummm... not sure. Other than the ones I'm already playing (too numerous to count) it'll be Shadow Hearts: Covenant or DDS2 most likely. I'm at the end of Shadow Hearts 1 now, and already own 2 and 3. And if I can find a copy of DDS2, its on my "to play" list after the first one is beaten as well.
Avoiding the Phantasy Star series for now. Actually, avoiding older (8/16 bit) games in general for now. I have too many newer ones to play. But I will get around to you! <3

I wasn't around when the last topic happened. I joined in March 2008, vanished for the following summer, then came back when the school year started again. Rude almost winning a light championship for my favourite moment. No least favourite, as of yet. Not including any weeks that I can't vote, of course. Those are always on my least favourite moment list.

What was board 8? :S

Nel for Heavy champ. I'll tell you if she wins Friday/Saturday :D

Naw. One of the games they make will be good enough for our purposes.

Haven't played it. But its a slime, so HELLZ YES YOU RANK TEH SLIME!!i!1one
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 08:42:37 AM by Ryogo »

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »
Benjamin FFMQ.
Haaaaaahahaha. If it hasn't happened now, it ain't never gonna happen.

Freedom Force Vs the 3rd Reich
COMPLETELY unrealistic, and with damn good reason. It's not widely played, and it's a PC game.

Honestly, I only even LOOKED at it when deliberately asked to.

Right now?
Indalecio, Seymour, Orlandu, Melfice, Purim, Malik Benedict, Kefka, Magus, Rosa Harvey, Rubicant

Right now:
Edgar Roni Figaro, Reno, Yuffie Kisaragi, Rune Walsch, Hugo, Juan, Nash Lajtke, Frejadour, Lyon, Popoi (Mmmmm. Suikoden.)

Right now:
Rand, Frog, Errrrrrrrrrk, Jaffar, Lute, CAGNAZZO, Gaff Gafgarion, Rikku, Sarah (S3), JIBRIL (Fuck I didn't nominate Jibril)

Karn, Spar, Slash, Soren, Zell Dincht, Malak, Thomas, Taya (NEVER FORGET. ;_;) Mallow, Randi.

More content. Unfortunately, this is a shit-ton of work, and I can't really devote myself to it, otherwise I would. So.... No clue.

Xbox360 is the next system for RPGs, whether we like it or not. And if anything gets put on Wii, well, everyone has that, too. As much as I hate them, Handhelds are probable.

Next on my list? Hah. I don't HAVE a fucking list. Finish up Disgaea 2. After that... nothing ranked lately looks remotely fun. Sorry guys. (Oh, and I have a TOP SECRET PROJECT that will extend my voting rights)
I'll never play Xenosaga 2, and will LIKELY never play most of the games I already haven't. Sorry guys.

Favorite moment would be.......... .........Actually, I more or less just got back to the DL for following the site. So I don't have one.
Least favorite is the abysmal performances of Zynk and Taya. I feel really fucking old.

Yes and no. I think more exposure is a good thing, but we don't have anything new and cutting edge we can call magic. You need magic to keep a large crowd and grow larger.

Again, I just started really paying attention.

Assuming we don't die anytime soon, no.

Go to hell.