Register

Author Topic: Tourney of Interest Season 7 Finals  (Read 1564 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Interest Season 7 Finals
« on: February 23, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »
Heat v Lady- x
Yuri- iii v Tir- ii

Gau- iii v DH
Marino- ii v Clarissa- v

Iris v Tails (Hatbot... in a match of no votes.  A first!)
Leo v Naoto- iiii

Laura- v v Labby
Colette- vii v Keele

Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest Season 7 Finals
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:50:09 AM »
Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF): I was thinking Gau might win because he'll probably dodge one Sacrifice... but then I realised that Gau doesn't by any means win when he gets a turn. His first action is always a physical, and none of his immunities or defences will protect him from Sacrifice.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 03:09:39 AM »
Just kneejerking, I haven't looked up any of these matches. All are subject to change.

Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) - EDIT: I knew Yuri's damage was good, but one-shotting Lady? Damn. Okay, I'll buy it.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) I'll buy Sacrifice hype.

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - EDIT: Well, if Iris immunes ID, then slaughter~

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) - guessing 2HKO to a 3HKO, but again just guessing today.

-Djinn
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:17:10 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 07:15:09 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) - Goes first, overkills?  I think.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) - Think the odds are in his favor.

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - Immunes ID.  Don't think Naoto can outslug her even with Endure.  Physical sucks and Megidolaon smacks into her good MDef, so yeah.

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) - Doubles~

Pyro

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): Tend to think he goes first, which... well, the OHKO could be close but it I'm going to give it to him. He shouldn't have gotten past Tir though, so no problem by me if she wins.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF): Numbers favor her. Also prettier.

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4): Iris: The slayer of Persona using chicks? Certainly seems that way...

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia): Laura vs. physical fighter tends to go over poorly.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:46:23 PM by Pyro »

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 05:53:18 PM »
Re: Lady vs. Yuri- Curious who sees Lost Progress as hitting Overlimit. If it does, well, there goes Yuri's damage.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 06:29:36 PM »
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): Switching to Defender should allow him to survive Lady's maximum damage if she gets her turn(s).  And then it's Yuri against someone who can't oneshot him.

Though damn you Mad Fnorder for making me think longer about this cause of weather Lost Progress hits.

Pyro

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:17:10 PM »
Lost Progress doesn't nail Overlimit any more than it nails Shania's/Johnny's fusions. You're looking more in the department of Ripler hype (ESPER STRAGO!!!)

Uh. The hell you say Fudo? No way in HELL does Yuri survive an attack from Lady. That is crazy nutsy luny damage. Like 2x PCHP or something nuts. Much of it non-elemental magic off a non-human. That is like the bane of Yuri's existence right there. For that matter S1 Tir's Judgement should have won if nothing else (unless you see it as dark).

His chance against Lady lies entirely in going first and OHKOing. I buy the two but hell no to Yuri coming out of that alive if Lady gets a turn.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 12:13:51 AM »
Lady's overkill is more like 1.5x PCHP or something.  Less good than you might think.  Still should be enough to kill Yuri though.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 02:55:01 AM »
If ToV's Overlimit functions much like TotA's, it's pretty much analagous to SH3's Stock.  Which Lost Progress also doesn't hit.  Not that this is here nor there to the match.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 05:22:17 AM »
Lady's overkill is more like 1.5x PCHP or something.  Less good than you might think.  Still should be enough to kill Yuri though.

No, it's 2.2x~ PC HP once you factor in all the doubles and the bonuses from prone - unless you take her against like L54. Then, it probably is just 1.5x PC HP. <_<
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 05:25:57 AM »
Colette beats Laura.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17:34 AM »
No, it's 2.2x~ PC HP once you factor in all the doubles and the bonuses from prone - unless you take her against like L54. Then, it probably is just 1.5x PC HP. <_<

Oh, Double Combo?  As in two off the Umbral and one off of Lady herself?  I guess that would end up around there.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 06:20:23 AM »
Actually, as long as Lady goes before Umbral (happens on average, but not always), it can be four consecutive actions and get really crazy. (Lady attacks, Umbral->Lady D-combo for three more attacks)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.